PDA

View Full Version : Hot Air Balloon (iOS only)

Pages : [1] 2

judyandthecat
08-01-14, 04:26 AM
I updated and got the treehouse but did not get the spot to expand to the balloon? Any suggestions. Went back to App Store but I am updated just says open now

edit(KP)

IOS only feature
Requires level 15

Some of the nearby expansions leading to the Hot Air Balloon require level 25, but if you go around these plots, the specific plot only requires level 15. Good luck!

Hey everyone, the Hot Air Balloon feature is not yet available to everyone yet. We want to make sure it's working just right before we release it to everyone. Sorry for the confusion!

There is currently no set time for the Hot Air Balloon to return. It will return after a random amount of time during a specified timespan.

Prizes

I just redeemed my first 45 tickets and got 25 gems! Wow, didn't expect that.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/9be850f7-ca3e-4cca-b11f-67c8369f76bd_zps313d97b0.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/9be850f7-ca3e-4cca-b11f-67c8369f76bd_zps313d97b0.jpg.html)

I just finished my tenth balloon and had to wait for the next balloon to return to redeem my ten tickets.
Bringing back memories of long ago buying cracker jacks for the prize inside. I love it.
I received two pink trees value fifteen diamonds each to buy them under decorations so I am very happy and I love the surprise box idea!
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15646&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1411477016 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15646&d=1411477016)

When you click the redeem button you have three boxes to choose from :

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/EF778EC3-9BD3-4349-8618-ACF2584EB4E7_zpsjclpp3nx.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/EF778EC3-9BD3-4349-8618-ACF2584EB4E7_zpsjclpp3nx.png.html)

You need to expand with 17 of each paper and 20,000 coins.
I will have to wait as I haven't got room for those papers.

To repair you will need: 7 Hammers, 7 Bricks and 7 wooden planks

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14536&d=1406896998 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14536&d=1406896998)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14540&d=1406909983 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14540&d=1406909983)

I just expanded to the balloon and did the repair (so sorry forgot to jot down what was required for repair) but here is a picture of how it works. Looks like you have to fill up the meter by giving various items. At least two of each but need many more to fill up. You have 4 hours to fill meter and then you can redeem for a prize. Not sure what prize will be, but I will work on filling it and post back if I can finish in time :)

For anyone who doesn't know how this works in this image I have put one item of each into the box to show the price that the balloon is giving you for it.

Gold 48 coins
Carrots 12 coins
Blackberry Jelly 93 coins
Lemons 20 coins

You have to load at least 2 of each item, so doing that in this case would bring your total up to 519 coins. Now to make up the difference to the required amount of 2900 coins you can load any of the items in any quantities provided you have two of each as a minimum.

If you were to load just carrots because they are the cheapest/easiest to get you would need to load 198 of them. You would have to find them in the market within 4 hours before the balloon goes and the carrots alone would cost you 5544 coins to buy. This would give you 1 trade ticket. You need 45 trade tickets for the gold prize.

mar7998
08-01-14, 04:37 AM
I'm looking for it as well :-(

yppahc
08-01-14, 04:38 AM
I have it in the 1.7.7 version.
You need 17 of each paper and 20,000 coins to expand.
Does anybody know what you need for the repairs.

mymummy789
08-01-14, 04:38 AM
I got it - it is the space just above where you have your tree house. I am gutted - I just sold a stack of expansion parts this morning to make space in my barn!!!!

mar7998
08-01-14, 04:49 AM
Just added and visited your farm mymummy789 to search for balloon wreckage could not see it.

By the way, awesome looking farm!

yppahc
08-01-14, 04:59 AM
Just added and visited your farm mymummy789 to search for balloon wreckage could not see it.

By the way, awesome looking farm!
I have just looked too :) and it's there for me on both your farms.

mar7998
08-01-14, 05:37 AM
I have just looked too :) and it's there for me on both your farms.

I must be blind or something, what am I missing? What side of the map is it on?

Cheers

mar7998
08-01-14, 05:42 AM

Cheers

Or maybe I'm not a high enough level yet?

yppahc
08-01-14, 05:43 AM

Cheers
14536http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14536&d=1406896998 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14536&d=1406896998)
Maybe it depends on country?

mar7998
08-01-14, 05:46 AM
Maybe it depends on country?

Or maybe I have to expand one more time to get to that ramp part of that hill. Cheers for the pic, for awhile, I thought I was going crazy

:-)

nicxole
08-01-14, 07:09 AM
I updated my farm, but when I click "expand" it says my farm is as big as it can be & doesn't show any other expansions. I've been hoarding maps for weeks, so id like to use them!

kooky panda
08-01-14, 07:31 AM
Ummm I am not seeing the expansion either. It may be a level requirement. I am only on level 47.
I will try and get some information.

janddolphins
08-01-14, 07:58 AM
I am only level 34 and have the expansion to hot air balloon so it's not your level being too low.

mamareader02
08-01-14, 08:09 AM
Ummm I am not seeing the expansion either. It may be a level requirement. I am only on level 47.
I will try and get some information.

Not seeing it either:(

mamareader02
08-01-14, 08:14 AM
Please tell me we don't have to do a delete/re install of the game to get the balloon

kooky panda
08-01-14, 08:24 AM
Redownloading the game will not get the Balloon expansion.
Waiting for the community managers to come online.
Since it is not a level requirement, the balloon could be in beta testing and only released to a handful of players at this time.

We should have an answer in a couple of hours.

mamareader02
08-01-14, 08:28 AM
If it was in beta testing,then it shouldn't have been advertised in the update,it's confusing a lot of us

judyandthecat
08-01-14, 08:33 AM
I updated and got the treehouse but did not get the spot to expand to the balloon? Any suggestions. Went back to App Store but I am updated just says open now

edit(KP)

Again I don't have the spot to expand and I just updated the iPad I see nothing on my friends neither. Where it should be is blank the expansion spot

judyandthecat
08-01-14, 08:34 AM
Oops missed about the beta testing thank you Kooky will watch here for answer

nicxole
08-01-14, 08:36 AM
Even if it was a level requirement it would still show up, it would just say we need to be a certain level when we click on it. I'm hoping maybe I'll see it this afternoon since the update usually goes live around 5:30 on Fridays (ohio time for me)

yppahc
08-01-14, 09:14 AM
I am level 47 and have it and I can see it on all my neighbours' farms. I checked on a level 9 farm with no expansions and could see it.
I think if you have it you can see it on all other farms and if you don't you can't see it on any.
I am in the UK btw and I noticed that mymummy789 is too which is why I wondered if it depended on which app store you use.

janddolphins
08-01-14, 09:18 AM

I just expanded to the balloon and did the repair (so sorry forgot to jot down what was required for repair) but here is a picture of how it works. Looks like you have to fill up the meter by giving various items. At least two of each but need many more to fill up. You have 4 hours to fill meter and then you can redeem for a prize. Not sure what prize will be, but I will work on filling it and post back if I can finish in time :)

judithjubilee
08-01-14, 09:21 AM
I am in the UK and level 41.

I cannot see it even on Stormie's farm :(

yppahc
08-01-14, 09:30 AM
OK I have just checked my phone and don't have it even after deleting and reinstalling. So I have it on my ipad but not my phone?!
My ipad updates everything automatically so it just appeared on that.

janddolphins
08-01-14, 09:30 AM
Ok curiosity got the best of me, bought from new stands to finish items quick. I got a trade ticket. I must have missed what I do with it though, but the balloon left so maybe he went out for something and I get my prize when it returns, similar to train trade?

nicxole
08-01-14, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all the info! Hopefully someone from the TL staff will get on here soon an explain everything. Does it say how much more time is left until the balloon comes back?

janddolphins
08-01-14, 09:35 AM
Nope does not say how much time, although I have a new quest to do another trade and it says there to keep an eye out for the hot air balloon, so just have to wait it out. I hope we get some answers too. A whole bunch of new updates and none of them explained so I feel like I don't know what to do with half my farm right now haha.

mangasketch
08-01-14, 09:47 AM
My farm is level 46 and I'm using an iPad mini. I downloaded the update - Piper's tree house game showed up but not the hot air balloon. Next, I rebooted the game - no hot air ballon. Then, I turned on/off my iPad and rebooted the game - still no hot air ballon. :/

minidemon88
08-01-14, 10:45 AM
Oh, looks interesting! Seem like another way we can fill in orders to get rewards. But I don't have the hot air balloon.

FrozenTurtle
08-01-14, 11:37 AM
Hey everyone, the Hot Air Balloon feature is not yet available to everyone yet. We want to make sure it's working just right before we release it to everyone. Sorry for the confusion!

janddolphins
08-01-14, 04:20 PM
Another update. My balloon is back now (not sure what time it came back as I could not play last couple hours. I have another trade to do. You get one ticket each trade and then you can redeem the tickets for a gift. Gifts cause 10, 20, or 45 tickets. You choose which one you want to buy. It shows on the box what could potentially be in it, things such as gems, tools, and something with the balloon. The higher priced ones have better gifts such as potential for 10 gems in the 45 gem box.

Also, with the trades, while you need at least 2 of each item, after that you can do whatever else to fill progress bar. It also takes into account how easy or difficult the item is to get and point values vary accordingly.

Hope this helps everyone and hope it is out of beta soon so everyone can enjoy it. I really like this more than train, as long as you start a trade when you have some time since it's a 4 hour collection limit.

janddolphins
08-01-14, 04:51 PM
*slight correction, you need to get a certain amount of coins, so for example this trade I need to give 568 coins worth of goods and items vary in price, although it does not seem to always correspond to market value

Clark_Wayne
08-01-14, 09:57 PM
As usual some got it and some don't.
Why announce it when it is not available to everyone ? Very disappointed :mad:
I'm level 55 and got all expansion done but i don't have clarence
And i see it in an account who haven't expanded there !
If TL want some test, it should be done by those who can test not those who can not ! :mad:

yppahc
08-02-14, 09:09 AM
I am going to concentrate on this now, I have given up on the carnival pony.
Land deeds are too elusive at the moment.

horsey3
08-02-14, 11:08 AM
I don't have it 😔. I'm level 59. It's not there

viramisu
08-03-14, 03:08 AM

When will it available for everyone then?

yppahc
08-03-14, 04:54 AM
I need land deeds to test it for you, up the drop rate for these. Pretty please!!

mommy1951
08-03-14, 09:05 AM
Nope does not say how much time, although I have a new quest to do another trade and it says there to keep an eye out for the hot air balloon, so just have to wait it out. I hope we get some answers too. A whole bunch of new updates and none of them explained so I feel like I don't know what to do with half my farm right now haha.

I'm at level 47 and expanded and repaired to have the balloon, so far so good. I filled it once and sent it out, received 1 ticket that I can continue to add to and then redeem for 3 levels of prizes hidden in a box. It came back a few hours later, (lost track of the exact time).

What I am not sure of is that after the time allowed to fill the balloon with the 4 required items, what happens if you are short a few when the time runs out? Do lose what you added when the time starts over? I like it much better than the train, but don't want to risk loading it if I can't fill before time is up

janddolphins
08-03-14, 10:29 AM
I'm at level 47 and expanded and repaired to have the balloon, so far so good. I filled it once and sent it out, received 1 ticket that I can continue to add to and then redeem for 3 levels of prizes hidden in a box. It came back a few hours later, (lost track of the exact time).

What I am not sure of is that after the time allowed to fill the balloon with the 4 required items, what happens if you are short a few when the time runs out? Do lose what you added when the time starts over? I like it much better than the train, but don't want to risk loading it if I can't fill before time is up

I was wondering about losing the items as well, so just to be safe have not been loading until I know I have enough. My guess though would be we lose it once we load it, as that is how it works in a lot of TL games where once you give something you can't get it back, but it will be nice to have a definite answer, and so far the loads are pretty easy ( hope I'm not jinxing myself haha)

yppahc
08-03-14, 02:56 PM
I have finally expanded there.
Repairs need 14640
Then this is what you do to get a ticket
This shows how many coins you get for each item, not many at all really
The prizes aren't the most generous, mostly decorations, no pets.
EG turn in 45 tickets (you earn 1 ticket per balloon) and get 10 gems or 3 pickaxes.

mymummy789
08-04-14, 03:47 AM
*slight correction, you need to get a certain amount of coins, so for example this trade I need to give 568 coins worth of goods and items vary in price, although it does not seem to always correspond to market value

I am guessing this is another "different prices for different players" item then. I have completed two trades and each has required over 1400 coins worth of goods. I had to get the calculator out earlier to work out if I had the right amount because I don't think it refunds any extra that you trade!!

kooky panda
08-04-14, 08:27 AM

You do lose the items . I have not had a chance to complete an entire Balloon order yet but I was really busy this weekend and did not put in a lot of time into the game.

judyandthecat
08-04-14, 02:01 PM
Any idea when it will be available to everyone? If I was to delete my game and reinstall is there a chance of getting the balloon version?

kooky panda
08-04-14, 02:05 PM
Any idea when it will be available to everyone? If I was to delete my game and reinstall is there a chance of getting the balloon version?
No announced time yet.

FrozenTurtle
08-04-14, 02:46 PM

When the feature was released, it was randomly given to some players. This is tied to the account on your device, so reinstalling will not change this. Though, we're glad to see you so excited for the feature! :)

Azzybre
08-04-14, 03:26 PM
I wish there was a timer on when the ballon will be back after sending an order.

horsey3
08-04-14, 03:27 PM
I hope the hot air balloon is soon. Looking forward to it. Could it be weeks? Days? Thanks

mommy1951
08-04-14, 03:52 PM
You do lose the items . I have not had a chance to complete an entire Balloon order yet but I was really busy this weekend and did not put in a lot of time into the game.

Thank you that's good to know, as I said its much better than the train and also a good way to clear some room in the barn, I think once released to all, most will like it :) i do agree that it would be nice to know how long it goes on its travels .

bakerystoe
08-05-14, 02:15 AM
hey my iPod doesn't have that balloon? why? but my mom iPad have that?

pundoggity
08-05-14, 04:28 AM
I was excited when I saw the update.... Now I am just annoyed😁 my neighbours have access to this expansion and have sent the balloon several times. Meanwhile I'm still waiting. I have all the papers, tools and money required for the expansion and repair. The papers and tools are currently taking up valuable space in my barn. Please hurry up with your testing as the waiting is sucking all the fun out of the game for me. I just don't feel like playing.
Please don't announce things like this in an update if you are not going to make it available to all players.
A ball park eta would be much appreciated. Days, weeks, months???

mommydiner2
08-05-14, 07:51 AM
I was excited when I saw the update.... Now I am just annoyed my neighbours have access to this expansion and have sent the balloon several times. Meanwhile I'm still waiting. I have all the papers, tools and money required for the expansion and repair. The papers and tools are currently taking up valuable space in my barn. Please hurry up with your testing as the waiting is sucking all the fun out of the game for me. I just don't feel like playing.
Please don't announce things like this in an update if you are not going to make it available to all players.
A ball park eta would be much appreciated. Days, weeks, months???

I completely agree!! I'm level 60 with 2.5 million experience, getting very bored and can't keep holding these items!! :(
Please please give us an ETA

Also game is now crashing all the time since update :(

kooky panda
08-05-14, 08:24 AM
I hope the hot air balloon is soon. Looking forward to it. Could it be weeks? Days? Thanks
I am sorry but there is never set time frame on Beta Testing features. It could be days or weeks!

Before releasing to everyone, they try and make sure all the bugs are gone and they have finished adjusting any of the feature that needs to be changed to provide
the best game play for everyone.

kooky panda
08-05-14, 10:30 AM
Thank you that's good to know, as I said its much better than the train and also a good way to clear some room in the barn, I think once released to all, most will like it :) i do agree that it would be nice to know how long it goes on its travels .

There is currently no set time for the Hot Air Balloon to return. It will return after a random amount of time during a specified timespan.

nicxole
08-05-14, 04:22 PM
I really wish they wouldn't be so vague with their timing. I know they can't give us an exact date, but it would be nice to know if we're looking at a few days or a few months before the rest of us get it.

pippypippins
08-05-14, 04:28 PM
Or maybe I have to expand one more time to get to that ramp part of that hill. Cheers for the pic, for awhile, I thought I was going crazy

:-)
I've tried to expand more but it says my farm is expanded to the fullest and I also can't see the balloon wreckage. I've looked in the space that yppahc showed in the screenshot but it's not there. Would love to see it...Think I feel an email to TL coming on.

pippypippins
08-05-14, 04:43 PM
I've tried to expand more but it says my farm is expanded to the fullest and I also can't see the balloon wreckage. I've looked in the space that yppahc showed in the screenshot but it's not there. Would love to see it...Think I feel an email to TL coming on.

I've just realised, it's still being tested. My fault for not reading all the posts. It is a shame that some of us don't have it yet but on the brighter side we know we will see it in the, hopefully, not too distant future. . Something nice to look forward to

yppahc
08-07-14, 12:07 PM
I see this as using coins to get decorations usually only available with gems. A slow way of doing it and with chance involved. Knowing my luck I will just end up with 10 campfires :p

mamareader02
08-08-14, 06:58 AM
Hopefully we all get this feature soon,because as much as I love this game,it gets boring with no event or no new feature going on

fabsquan
08-08-14, 09:57 AM
Hopefully we all get this feature soon,because as much as I love this game,it gets boring with no event or no new feature going on

Agreed :(
I realllly want it, before the carnival event I hadn't played for a week. It's more fun with events and new stuff.
It's really unfair that some people got this update and some (Like my self) didn't :( ����

���������������� please fell free to add me no mater what level your on :) ����������������

vuvhappy
08-09-14, 04:35 PM
Hello everyone I got it when I got the update from the apple store. I already sent 3 balloons - trade.

horsey3
08-09-14, 05:30 PM
Did you just get it???

kisten
08-09-14, 05:40 PM

After 4 tradings I found balloon returns between 7 - 8 hours:

First trading
Leaving 8:47am, arrived 4:49pm

Second trading
Leaving 5:30pm, arrived 1 am

Third trading
Leaving 1:53am, checked 10:23am & it's there

Fourth trading
Leaving 12:22pm, checked 7:10pm & it's there

Rynetory2
08-09-14, 09:52 PM
I am sorry but there is never set time frame on Beta Testing features. It could be days or weeks!

Before releasing to everyone, they try and make sure all the bugs are gone and they have finished adjusting any of the feature that needs to be changed to provide
the best game play for everyone.

Love to partake in the beta testing. At level 60 and after the carnival, it's back to normal, no more challenges to work towards since no more levels after 60. So kinda boring. Can I partake in this? Free testing and no charge lol. :)

vuvhappy
08-10-14, 07:02 AM
After 4 tradings I found balloon returns between 7 - 8 hours:

First trading
Leaving 8:47am, arrived 4:49pm

Second trading
Leaving 5:30pm, arrived 1 am

Third trading
Leaving 1:53am, checked 10:23am & it's there

Fourth trading
Leaving 12:22pm, checked 7:10pm & it's there

Do you know what is going on with the trade tickets?? I tried to look for them everywhere

mymummy789
08-10-14, 10:48 AM
I have stopped doing the trades :(

Every one requires me to get 1477 coins worth of goods. I did it a few times by spending too long scouring the market stall and paying more than I made. The biggest problem I have with this is the choice of goods I am given to reach the target. Out of the four items, three of them only make up to 15/20 coins per item. The fourth item may make more but it will be something hard to find. Trying to reach 1477 with such low valued items is not fun and far too time consuming. I hope TL adjust the amounts when it is released to everyone. Either reduce the trade value required or increase the value of the four items.

Much as I would like to, I can't spend all day playing this game - real life gets in the way!

olcastle
08-10-14, 11:32 AM
...So after 45 exhausting trades you can't even know what prize you will get? It doesn't sound very exciting...

judyandthecat
08-10-14, 12:52 PM
...So after 45 exhausting trades you can't even know what prize you will get? It doesn't sound very exciting...

I would love to have the chance to try!
I feel if it is part of the description on the app in the App Store then it should be available to everyone not a select few. I am very surprised Apple allows something to be part of a description and it is still in beta testing and not available to everyone !

lattelaugh
08-10-14, 06:40 PM
Every one requires me to get 1477 coins worth of goods.

Mine have been anywhere from about 1500 to about 3500.

My four items have been in the following categories:
One mushroom
One "difficult" item such as a truffle recipe item or a jam
One tree based item, such as coconuts, apples, bananas
One crop item such as tomatoes, spinach, carrots

Personally, I don't think any of the prizes are worth the effort, but I'll do the missions if I have time to **** and they are doable. I have enough mushrooms and "difficult" items on hand to put the minimum of two in every time. But if the tree item is something harder to find like lemons, and the crop item has a long grow time and is harder to find, like spinach, I won't bother. But if I get coconut and flax, or apples and tomatoes, I can grow/purchase enough to do it.

You can only see how many tickets you have if the balloon is at your farm. I currently am waiting to get to 20 to turn mine in.

integra77
08-10-14, 06:46 PM
Hi All,
Just to throw some light into the discussion on the above topics...
And if you are ready to turn in your collection... HANG ON!!!

Personally I finds it's INTERESTING tho NOT REWARDING playing this challenge after 20 sending, there's good advantages and bad.
HOWEVER it does requires your time and dedication when the balloon comes and sending its goods upload.

And of course, I was curious to know what are the prizes available...ACTUALLY it's all LISTED within the game all these while.
What you need to do is to click on the Redeem button then you will see Bronze, Silver & Gold Boxes. Look for those mini " ? " icon.
EUREKA!!!! All the prizes that you could chanced upon turning in your tickets are ALL THERE IN PICTURES for you to see.

HOWEVER, they're in group options WHICH YOU CANNOT CHOOSE (that's the part I really feel it might be a let down)
Team Lava PLEASE QUICKLY LOOK INTO THIS PART.

Perhaps TL could let one to choose what's the prize he/she wants to redeem from the list available.
And it doesn't make sense to group under Gold box 3pcs of mining tools (easily to get thru sending deliveries) with garden decor items??
Under Gold boxes should just be all items that requires gems getting.

I really dun mind TL to set the number of redeem tickets higher for the more luxury ones, as accordingly.
(I guess the more number of players shouting this same thought, TL might get our hints and change it in time for the Fine tuning of this game.
PLEASE NOT ANOTHER LUCKY DRAW like the Carnival event)

At least all the effort to earn those ticketS will be WORTH IT. Honestly it's really not easy to earn that 1 ticket.
Not forgetting that all goods turned in, you do not earn any SINGLE $ OR star value, unlike Train Delivery play.

Of all the prizes available, you can simply forget about those inside Bronze or Silver boxes (in my opinion).
But there're a few desired ones from the GOLD box, ONLY the VICTORIAN ATRIUM catches the attention (like the carnival pony).
And how about a Platinum Box to win a SHOW PONY... (that'll get EVERYONE EXCITED)
Who could ever get a show pony at 2,000 blue gems???

Anyway, picture speaks a thousand word... here's better to show it...

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww158/998_DC5/IMG_7671.png

And YES, thanks to TEAM LAVA for listening to my previous email to get this "MUSEUM ITEM back available again".
Thanks to that Agent who forwarded my earlier sent email to the development team.

I trust the above information is useful and DO ENJOY the Hot Air Balloon challenges ahead.

Here... watch my Balloon fly away

Hint:
Do turn in the 2 numbers of required items FIRST to get your first check on that box by the right side.
Then continue to fill up the full meter bar with whatever you could get your hand upon to turn them in.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww158/998_DC5/IMG_7672.jpg

Once again, from the author himself:
Hill Street 300

kisten
08-10-14, 09:21 PM
I have stopped doing the trades :(

Every one requires me to get 1477 coins worth of goods.
At first mine was 1147 & now it's 1900 coins. I can deal with scouring the market purchasing some items. The "difficult" item such as cookie & nori, takes too long to make (2 hrs). One trade required steamed rice which require a sushi shop & I don't own one yet.

Pro:
1) Make room for storage by expanding there, provided the player has all required maps/tools

Con:
1) Once click on the hot air balloon the timer begins. You have 4 hours to complete the trade. I do not recommend to start unless you have next hour or so free, since you will most likely be scouring market for items.

2) The difficult item required up to 2 hrs (for me) to make, forcing players to purchase items from market for the initial 2 item trading.

3) Total coin required increase as more tickets are collected.

4) Each trade gives 1 ticket upon completion (10 minimum in order to redeem). The rewards are mostly decorations which IMO is a waste of time & not worth the effort.

5) Once you collect enough tickets to redeem (10, 20 or 45) you DO NOT get to pick the prize.

ccane77
08-11-14, 03:28 AM
Well my last 2 balloons required salmon, doll houses or dolls. Those are too hard to come by! I personally can't see using these items to get 1 trade ticket.

lattelaugh
08-11-14, 04:57 AM
I amend my previous post. My "difficult" item on my balloon this morning was cheese, so it seems like it's just a recipe item. Up until now I have had the bad luck of frequently getting truffle polenta and orange marmalade.

This balloon requires 1836 coins (I have had over 3500 coins, so it's not increasing by the ticket for me-- I think it's tied to how much your items are worth) and you sell black truffles back for 39 coins, cheese for 18 coins, bananas for 23 coins, and tomatoes for 6 coins.

Most of my decorations are in storage, so I'm not sure why I am even bothering! O-O

TimeForACuppaTea
08-11-14, 06:55 PM
I'm level 39 and I have it. Expanded and repaired the balloon yesterday or day before, don't remember. To those who don't have and want it, I wish I could give you mine. So not worth having. It just wants all your stuff. You don't get any money or xp for ANYTHING. You're just throwing it all in the hot air balloon shaped trash can. I didn't work to get all this stuff just to throw it all away. And it wants a LOT of stuff too, just to get 1 stupid ticket. And apparently I need 10 tickets to get a mystery item, of who knows what value. If I know Teamlava (and sadly I do pretty well) I seriously doubt the item will be worth anything close to the value of items it's asking me to throw away.

So to those who are unhappy that you don't have it yet, I wish I didn't have it. I thought I'd at least get some xp for all the items I gave him, but nope got nothing.

Mr. Merriweather I don't consider this to be a "trade", this dear sir is what we call a rip off. A trade implies each party gets something out of the trade. Giving me a ticket that absolutely worthless unless I have 10 or more is nowhere near a fair trade. At least the train gives you stuff for your items and then a bonus at the end. This balloon is a total rip off.

*edited typos*

Rynetory2
08-12-14, 02:07 AM
I don't have the ballon yet so I may be wrong. This balloon allows you to make and load items. So this means you can still make or cook items when slots in your shop are full. Afterall no point making more if you have a full shop and limited barn. Ok maybe the rewards need some improvement but this does seem like a way to allow us to keep doing farm activities and keep playing while we wait for shop to clear or train to come. To me it seems interesting. Similar to another game, not by TL, which I am playing.

horsey3
08-12-14, 03:00 AM
I'm level 39 and I have it. Expanded and repaired the balloon yesterday or day before, don't remember. To those who don't have and want it, I wish I could give you mine. So not worth having. It just wants all your stuff. You don't get any money or xp for ANYTHING. You're just throwing it all in the hot air balloon shaped trash can. I didn't work to get all this stuff just to throw it all away. And it wants a LOT of stuff too, just to get 1 stupid ticket. And apparently I need 10 tickets to get a mystery item, of who knows what value. If I know Teamlava (and sadly I do pretty well) I seriously doubt the item will be worth anything close to the value of items it's asking me to throw away.

So to those who are unhappy that you don't have it yet, I wish I didn't have it. I thought I'd at least get some xp for all the items I gave him, but nope got nothing.

Mr. Merriweather I don't consider this to be a "trade", this dear sir is what we call a rip off. A trade implies each party gets something out of the trade. Giving me a ticket that absolutely worthless unless I have 10 or more is nowhere near a fair trade. At least the train gives you stuff for your items and then a bonus at the end. This balloon is a total rip off.

*edited typos*
Not even Xp points? How weird that is Thx for info

bakerystoe
08-12-14, 09:12 PM
I am on LVL 25 AND I GOT THIS! TO COOL:) :) :)

dexterslodge
08-13-14, 08:56 AM
You do get paid for the items you put into the balloon. I haven't noticed the xp will look next time. Am saving up for the gold prize so will be some time yet!

horsey3
08-13-14, 03:53 PM
You do get paid for the items you put into the balloon. I haven't noticed the xp will look next time. Am saving up for the gold prize so will be some time yet!

I wish I had it, to see what it's like. I'm at level 60 which seems to make no difference I'd like to expand even if it just clears my storage, lol. But I do wonder when it's coming out for the rest of us

TimeForACuppaTea
08-13-14, 05:29 PM

If you call that getting paid. They pay you half the base price for the items. Today my balloon is asking for apples, bacon, chocolate oranges, and peppers.

Balloon pays $14 for 1 bacon.
My shop pays $29 (base price) or $31 (full price) for 1 bacon.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 apple
My shop pays $23 (base price) or $28 (full price) for 1 apple.

Balloon pays $51 for 1 chocolate orange
My shop pays $108 (base) or $119 (full price) for 1.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 pepper
My shop pays $26 (base) or $28 (full) for 1.

I guess if you have loads of money (I don't) then you may not care how much you get paid for each item. But since you don't get any XP I would think they could at least pay you a fair price. It's already really hard to make money in this game, why must they make it harder.

Plus I've seen players as low as level 18 have the balloon on their farm (not repaired of course). But if it's going to be available to players of all levels, which it looks like it will be. Then they really need to pay you are fair price for your items cause people of lower levels are already struggling to make money. People will flat out quit playing if making money gets even harder cause they fail to realize how little the balloon is paying them.

I get that this is still in testing phase. I really hope this is something they change. But this sort of thing is something they tend to do on purpose ("for game continuity") so you don't get too far in the game too fast that you get bored and quit playing. They do this sort of thing to keep gameplay slow moving with just enough reward to keep you wanting to move forward but (hopefully) spending money on gems to help yourself move a little faster. So I will be really surprised if this gets better.

I know I sound really negative about the balloon so thought I'd mention what I do like about it, though if it doesn't start paying more and/or giving XP I'll stop using it just like I stopped using the train.
1. The biggest thing I've noticed that I like, is that it seems to only ask for items you actually have. Unlike the train that regularly asks for stuff I don't have at all, usually hard to find items so I can't even go buy them.

2. Also the balloon allows you to choose how many of each item you give it. Unlike the train which asks for a specific number of each item. So if I have 50 apples but only 4 chocolate oranges I can give it a ton of apples and only 2 oranges and it's fine. I like that I can choose how much or little I'm willing to give of each item.

3. I also like that it only asks for 4 different items. Unlike the train which, in my opinion, asks for WAAAAAYYYYY tooooo much stuff.

Something else I wish the balloon (and train) would change. Once it's gone it should tell you what it's going to ask for once it comes back. That way you can work on stocking up on those items in the time that it's gone so your more prepared once it gets there. Like I could have been making chocolate oranges while it was gone so I'd have more in stock once it got back.

integra77
08-13-14, 10:10 PM
I totally agreed with Lueann on his shared thoughts on the Balloon & Train operating mode, especially pointer 2 & 3.
I'm really hoping Team Lava would SERIOUSLY consider all these CONSTRUCTIVE feedback that we shared.

I know it's not an easy job for the TEAM to keep us constantly interested coming back to the game.
And seriously, there's no way to make everyone happy to their expectations.

I'm showing them my support in many ways like sending them with good feedback and of course guying gems.
Everyone needs to get paid in what they do, there're expenses to pay too at TL operations...

Hopefully we could see the FS2 community gets bigger and more thrilled and what TL will roll them out...
Commercially Fair and Reasonable event... haha

I'm into getting my ticket no. 25 soon, but it's true that with ALL THOSE ITEMS I had turned in,
I could had combined ALL OF THEM and got a Sushi House... It'll be a TOTAL RIPOFF if the redeemed prize turn out as 3 mining tools.
TEAM LAVA, PLEASE LOOK INTO THE GOLD PRIZES GROUP SERIOUSLY !!!
The values of prize items there JUST DO NOT MATCH UP to what we INVESTED IN!!!

If you call that getting paid. They pay you half the base price for the items. Today my balloon is asking for apples, bacon, chocolate oranges, and peppers.

Balloon pays $14 for 1 bacon.
My shop pays $29 (base price) or $31 (full price) for 1 bacon.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 apple
My shop pays $23 (base price) or $28 (full price) for 1 apple.

Balloon pays $51 for 1 chocolate orange
My shop pays $108 (base) or $119 (full price) for 1.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 pepper
My shop pays $26 (base) or $28 (full) for 1.

I guess if you have loads of money (I don't) then you may not care how much you get paid for each item. But since you don't get any XP I would think they could at least pay you a fair price. It's already really hard to make money in this game, why must they make it harder.

Plus I've seen players as low as level 18 have the balloon on their farm (not repaired of course). But if it's going to be available to players of all levels, which it looks like it will be. Then they really need to pay you are fair price for your items cause people of lower levels are already struggling to make money. People will flat out quit playing if making money gets even harder cause they fail to realize how little the balloon is paying them.

I get that this is still in testing phase. I really hope this is something they change. But this sort of thing is something they tend to do on purpose ("for game continuity") so you don't get too far in the game too fast that you get bored and quit playing. They do this sort of thing to keep gameplay slow moving with just enough reward to keep you wanting to move forward but (hopefully) spending money on gems to help yourself move a little faster. So I will be really surprised if this gets better.

I know I sound really negative about the balloon so thought I'd mention what I do like about it, though if it doesn't start paying more and/or giving XP I'll stop using it just like I stopped using the train.
1. The biggest thing I've noticed that I like, is that it seems to only ask for items you actually have. Unlike the train that regularly asks for stuff I don't have at all, usually hard to find items so I can't even go buy them.

2. Also the balloon allows you to choose how many of each item you give it. Unlike the train which asks for a specific number of each item. So if I have 50 apples but only 4 chocolate oranges I can give it a ton of apples and only 2 oranges and it's fine. I like that I can choose how much or little I'm willing to give of each item.

3. I also like that it only asks for 4 different items. Unlike the train which, in my opinion, asks for WAAAAAYYYYY tooooo much stuff.

Something else I wish the balloon (and train) would change. Once it's gone it should tell you what it's going to ask for once it comes back. That way you can work on stocking up on those items in the time that it's gone so your more prepared once it gets there. Like I could have been making chocolate oranges while it was gone so I'd have more in stock once it got back.

horsey3
08-14-14, 03:21 AM
I totally agreed with Lueann on his shared thoughts on the Balloon & Train operating mode, especially pointer 2 & 3.
I'm really hoping Team Lava would SERIOUSLY consider all these CONSTRUCTIVE feedback that we shared.

I know it's not an easy job for the TEAM to keep us constantly interested coming back to the game.
And seriously, there's no way to make everyone happy to their expectations.

I'm showing them my support in many ways like sending them with good feedback and of course guying gems.
Everyone needs to get paid in what they do, there're expenses to pay too at TL operations...

Hopefully we could see the FS2 community gets bigger and more thrilled and what TL will roll them out...
Commercially Fair and Reasonable event... haha

I'm into getting my ticket no. 25 soon, but it's true that with ALL THOSE ITEMS I had turned in,
I could had combined ALL OF THEM and got a Sushi House... It'll be a TOTAL RIPOFF if the redeemed prize turn out as 3 mining tools.
TEAM LAVA, PLEASE LOOK INTO THE GOLD PRIZES GROUP SERIOUSLY !!!
The values of prize items there JUST DO NOT MATCH UP to what we INVESTED IN!!!

Even thought I don't have it, it's awesome to see these details. After all, a game is fun, when it's fair to the players. Thank you all for sharing

ccane77
08-14-14, 10:31 AM
We'll I just got my 4 balloon order that contains dolls! Omg if I did them all that would 8 dolls gone! I did the last one to see if maybe they would give you a different number of tickets. Nope still one. Not worth it in my opinion. Just redeem my 2 box for 10. So far I have gotten a chaise lounge ( cute and at least not available) and a scarecrow. Bought the scarecrow last year so that wasn't worth the time and effort for that gift.

I think the balloon could be fun but not if you keep getting the same orders over and over again. If I was a lower level player I guess it would be more fun because dolls etc wouldn't be an option to fill balloon.

spring_peeper
08-15-14, 04:32 AM
I will be seriously disappointed if the gold prize box is full of decorations. There's already enough of those, most of which I just end up throwing in the cellar.

horsey3
08-16-14, 04:41 PM
When the feature was released, it was randomly given to some players. This is tied to the account on your device, so reinstalling will not change this. Though, we're glad to see you so excited for the feature! :)

Any new news as to when balloon will be available to the rest of us? Please?

judyandthecat
08-16-14, 07:03 PM
Any new news as to when balloon will be available to the rest of us? Please?

Yes we have been very patient and I don't see any complaints on bugs so please let's give the balloon to everyone!

lattelaugh
08-16-14, 07:14 PM
Well, my last 4 or 5 balloons have all required $3550 and two of the items have been mushrooms. I haven't traded on those for the ticket. Maybe if I did, I would get a different type of order after. I turned in my 20 tickets for my decoration. I'm not super motivated to do more.

I, however, do love the train orders. I am saving up gems for another pig.

Rynetory2
08-17-14, 12:22 AM
Does the balloon gives anything useful other than decorations?

sektzah
08-17-14, 03:28 AM
The idea is nice but the rewards aren't. Balloon asked for $5700 and it cost me 7 necklaces.
Total waste because I could've sold them for $6000 in store. Now I received an old decoration part
after 20 orders which contained at least $20000...

pundoggity
08-17-14, 08:01 AM
Yes we have been very patient and I don't see any complaints on bugs so please let's give the balloon to everyone!

Please release the balloon to the rest of us!!! I have been checking to see if any bugs have been reported.... None so far. So what is the delay??? I'm getting soooo bored with this game I've hardly played lately. I have been on level 60 for a long time now and need something to inspire me to keep playing. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Come on TL give us something to get excited about!!! Please!!!

kisten
08-17-14, 08:10 AM
Does the balloon gives anything useful other than decorations?

You have a chance of winning 5 gems when trade in 20 tickets; 10 gems when trade in 45.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag219/chojaqueen/Mobile%20Uploads/F68321E4-ED83-45EF-8224-C484877DD4DA_zps4voczgl6.png (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/chojaqueen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F68321E4-ED83-45EF-8224-C484877DD4DA_zps4voczgl6.png.html)
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag219/chojaqueen/Mobile%20Uploads/EDE555BE-BAC4-4FC3-BC50-508D698C6FC5_zpsciqrmkly.png (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/chojaqueen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EDE555BE-BAC4-4FC3-BC50-508D698C6FC5_zpsciqrmkly.png.html)
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag219/chojaqueen/Mobile%20Uploads/D3275042-AEA6-44A4-9670-F74F71611ECF_zps9svdrznz.png (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/chojaqueen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D3275042-AEA6-44A4-9670-F74F71611ECF_zps9svdrznz.png.html)
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag219/chojaqueen/Mobile%20Uploads/B29485D8-D073-4C53-8B20-36A977AF7D0B_zpsx0dg7yhj.png (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/chojaqueen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/B29485D8-D073-4C53-8B20-36A977AF7D0B_zpsx0dg7yhj.png.html)
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag219/chojaqueen/Mobile%20Uploads/9EEDCBF8-A225-4C54-8B68-5AF308BED6DD_zpslfqc0syu.png (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/chojaqueen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/9EEDCBF8-A225-4C54-8B68-5AF308BED6DD_zpslfqc0syu.png.html)
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag219/chojaqueen/Mobile%20Uploads/430CBC9A-DF1A-4626-B3FE-8EF1984B5554_zpse76kjpsj.png (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/chojaqueen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/430CBC9A-DF1A-4626-B3FE-8EF1984B5554_zpse76kjpsj.png.html)

olcastle
08-17-14, 04:00 PM
Looking at these rewards I realized I will never have courage to trade in any tickets. Disappointment almost guaranteed.

minidemon88
08-18-14, 01:45 AM
I'm wondering if the prizes is the same for all players? But till now, there's no answer on when the rest of the players will get the balloon feature. :(

yppahc
08-18-14, 02:48 AM
Looking at these rewards I realized I will never have courage to trade in any tickets. Disappointment almost guaranteed.

This is why I haven't traded any of mine in yet! I will most probably get 3 shovels or a camp fire.
My prizes are the same as those above, so maybe they are the same for all posters. Also each of my trades have been 1389 coins worth of stuff, no variation in value at all. Usually requiring low value and easily obtainable things like milk, cocoa which I buy from neighbours and the newspaper in large quantities.

finaidyoda
08-18-14, 09:04 AM
Wish I had been picked to BETA test the hot air balloon :( Hopefully we will all get the feature soon!

rosewaterlily
08-19-14, 02:43 AM
Feel free to release this feature this week, TL. I just finished gathering all the papers and tools needed and am maxed on expansions so the papers are burning a hole in my barn. Or just release new expansions. :P I don't care to decorate my farm so not sure how useful this feature will be, but I want the expansion.

horsey3
08-19-14, 03:58 AM
At least it would be nice for an update on the balloon, barn is full, would love to expand, also....need space please

pundoggity
08-19-14, 07:57 AM
At least it would be nice for an update on the balloon, barn is full, would love to expand, also....need space please

Yes, can we please have an update on the balloon situation?
How is testing going ?? Any issues ?? Eta ??
Any new information would be greatly appreciated ��

Rynetory2
08-19-14, 10:09 AM
Yes can we have an eta of this feature? At level 60, there is seriously nothing to work towards so we are bored. Also no expanding of more levels. At least let us have this feature to make the game fun.

ccane77
08-19-14, 02:40 PM
We'll I just got my 4 balloon order that contains dolls! Omg if I did them all that would 8 dolls gone! I did the last one to see if maybe they would give you a different number of tickets. Nope still one. Not worth it in my opinion. Just redeem my 2 box for 10. So far I have gotten a chaise lounge ( cute and at least not available) and a scarecrow. Bought the scarecrow last year so that wasn't worth the time and effort for that gift.

I think the balloon could be fun but not if you keep getting the same orders over and over again. If I was a lower level player I guess it would be more fun because dolls etc wouldn't be an option to fill balloon.
Well I continue to get balloon request for dolls. I got 2 request yesterday and 2 today. I am no longer doing balloons unless my orders change.

FrozenTurtle
08-19-14, 06:46 PM
Hey everyone! We've just enabled this feature for a few more players. Check your games to see if you got it! Please note that we are still testing, so not everyone has the feature yet. Enjoy!

judyandthecat
08-19-14, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone! We've just enabled this feature for a few more players. Check your games to see if you got it! Please note that we are still testing, so not everyone has the feature yet. Enjoy!

Sadly I did not receive it.

alcd2000
08-19-14, 07:13 PM
I finally got the hot air balloon!!!!! Sooooo excited!!! Ready to start a new adventure����Thanks TL. Will keep you posted on my progress and how it works. ID: alcd2000

bunny2889
08-19-14, 07:34 PM
I got it, so excited to try it! Had been saving all of my expansions and supplies to be ready for it!

margit1111
08-19-14, 08:01 PM
I finished whatever I could finish...then I got this message..."Mr. Merriweather's visiting another farm - come back later!"
How many hours, or days I have to wait to continue...I do not know...but here is my progress pic:

lyrasfarm
08-19-14, 11:04 PM
I've had the balloon working for about a week. I can't remember exactly but I think I got 2 or 3 balloons a day. Just cashed in the first 10 tickets and got 2 purple trees. It would be nicer if we got to pick the prizes because alot of them are things we may have already bought in the market or won in previous events. There are also some things in the 20 and 45 ticket boxes that I'd be really pissed off if I got them such as only 3 pickaxes for 45 tickets. That's weeks of work for something I can easily get from sending deliveries. Unless someone verifies there are multiple prizes in the gold box I am not wasting my time on it.

integra77
08-20-14, 01:05 AM
Hi LyrasFarm,

You might want to read back my previous posting (page 7) that I put up in this discussion topics, it's a group of prizes (no choosing tho).
There's more than the mining tool you could chanced upon in the Gold box, however I've yet to verify it on an actual redeem.
See this again...

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww158/998_DC5/IMG_7671-1.png

NONETHELESS HAS ANYONE already redeem the 45 tickets for the Gold box. Would be glad to hear of your redeemed prize.
I'm sure there'll lots of people waiting to see it as well...

I've had the balloon working for about a week. I can't remember exactly but I think I got 2 or 3 balloons a day. Just cashed in the first 10 tickets and got 2 purple trees. It would be nicer if we got to pick the prizes because alot of them are things we may have already bought in the market or won in previous events. There are also some things in the 20 and 45 ticket boxes that I'd be really pissed off if I got them such as only 3 pickaxes for 45 tickets. That's weeks of work for something I can easily get from sending deliveries. Unless someone verifies there are multiple prizes in the gold box I am not wasting my time on it.

Rynetory2
08-20-14, 01:21 AM

I still don't have this. If there are no bugs, can't TL let us have it? So far I don't see bugs reported. What's the eta for all?

pundoggity
08-20-14, 03:15 AM
I still don't have this. If there are no bugs, can't TL let us have it? So far I don't see bugs reported. What's the eta for all?

Yes please give us an eta. I still don't have the balloon either.
There have not been any bugs reported so it would be great if everyone could enjoy the fun.

ciarjen
08-20-14, 03:15 AM

Normally when you expand to these types of items when you tap the expand arrow sign the yellow expansion box appears over the item showing you can expand to it. This did not happen this time and thinking that I was not able to expand to the item yet I have tapped another yellow expansion box and used up all my papers and permits. It was only after doing that that I tapped on the hot air ballon and found that it is expandable even though no yellow expansion box appears on it.

This is frustrating because I didn't need to use the papers for the square that I expanded to and now I have to save them all up again to be able to expand to the balloon.

Please put a yellow expansion box over the balloon so others don't fall into this trap and lose all their expansion permits.

horsey3
08-20-14, 03:36 AM
There have not been any bugs reported so it would be great if everyone could enjoy the fun.

Still don't have it, so sad

margit1111
08-20-14, 03:52 AM
I collected so far 2 tickets...but they disappeared...where can I find them? Thanks in advance!

jennyandjohn2
08-20-14, 06:04 AM
So excited... Got it this am.. Finished my first trade, received 1 ticket.. Waiting tossed what's next :)

JzKalika
08-20-14, 11:24 AM
I collected so far 2 tickets...but they disappeared...where can I find them? Thanks in advance!

You should see your tickets in the hot air balloon screen, and you can use them in the hot air balloon prize shop.

JzKalika
08-20-14, 11:34 AM
Normally when you expand to these types of items when you tap the expand arrow sign the yellow expansion box appears over the item showing you can expand to it. This did not happen this time and thinking that I was not able to expand to the item yet I have tapped another yellow expansion box and used up all my papers and permits. It was only after doing that that I tapped on the hot air ballon and found that it is expandable even though no yellow expansion box appears on it.

This is frustrating because I didn't need to use the papers for the square that I expanded to and now I have to save them all up again to be able to expand to the balloon.

Please put a yellow expansion box over the balloon so others don't fall into this trap and lose all their expansion permits.

You should be able to see a yellow expansion box around the hot air balloon (see attached image), do you happen to have a screenshot of how yours look?

margit1111
08-20-14, 02:08 PM
You should see your tickets in the hot air balloon screen, and you can use them in the hot air balloon prize shop.

I got it now, thanks, I really love this game! My budget is only $10/months for this game, I will wait for the 8/21 event to use it this month...I am looking forward to that event!

Sandeuro
08-21-14, 12:46 AM
Where? I only have ascreen when the balloon is visiting. Is that normal?

bozotc
08-21-14, 09:56 AM
i will not be participating in this event. it is a complete ripoff. i used 10 salmon and some 30 other items that i worked hard for to get one ticket!!!!! Arre you kidding me? So for 400 salmon and a whole slew of other []i might be able to get 10 gems? what am i missing here? Is this April Fool'sday?

minidemon88
08-21-14, 10:59 AM
Still no balloon feature on mine yet. But based on the comments, it doesn't seem to reward well for all the coins and efforts. So it's alright TL, take your time! First time, I'm not excited over new feature. :rolleyes:

JzKalika
08-21-14, 03:43 PM
i will not be participating in this event. it is a complete ripoff. i used 10 salmon and some 30 other items that i worked hard for to get one ticket!!!!! Arre you kidding me? So for 400 salmon and a whole slew of other []i might be able to get 10 gems? what am i missing here? Is this April Fool'sday?

The trades do not always ask you for salmon, you're also only required to turn in a min of 2 of each item.

dd2pls1988
08-22-14, 08:38 PM

Why give this to people that is no where near the level needed to have it ?
My wife is twice the level I am and she don't have it so that points out the other problem with TL
They say random how is it they can pick and choose who gets this and who gets sales when we both play from the same wi fi and the same server?????
It's not random I play once twice a week at best the wife every day ... So why give it to me ? Oh that's right it's random

AJImmer
08-22-14, 10:50 PM

I, too, filled the required orders / trades and received tickets (I think it was 2 tickets but maybe it was just one) but now I don't see them (it) anywhere. I'm not understanding what happened to the ticket(s) I earned. When I click on the hot air balloon I get a message saying "Mr Merriweather's visiting another farm" but I don't see anything that looks like the "hot air balloon screen" or a "balloon prize shop". Where should I find the prize shop?

kisten
08-23-14, 05:56 AM
I, too, filled the required orders / trades and received tickets (I think it was 2 tickets but maybe it was just one) but now I don't see them (it) anywhere. I'm not understanding what happened to the ticket(s) I earned. When I click on the hot air balloon I get a message saying "Mr Merriweather's visiting another farm" but I don't see anything that looks like the "hot air balloon screen" or a "balloon prize shop". Where should I find the prize shop?
You can view the prizes and number of tickets you have after Mr. Merriweather is back. For me is every 8 hours or so after hot air balloon departure. If you scroll back a few pages (page 10 I think), I posted all prizes players have a chance of getting if they decide to redeem their tickets.

bakerystoe
08-24-14, 12:24 AM
I need pets prizes on this one!

polispol
08-24-14, 02:09 AM
I need pets prizes on this one!

Prizes are great for those who started playing late. I love decos and i'm missing many! I got a cute scarecrow today

Empire1984
08-24-14, 02:21 AM
Turned in 45 tickets and only got 3 pick axes. Really ridiculous considering the low trading prices

ciarjen
08-24-14, 04:47 AM
Turned in 45 tickets and only got 3 pick axes. Really ridiculous considering the low trading prices

Seriouosly ??? I've not made my first trade yet but I have over 80 pick axes in the barn, all got from making deliveries in the last day for the pet event. I would cry if I got another 3 :rolleyes:

Why would 45 trades only yield 3 axes and if you can get them much easier making deliveries, it begs the question, what is the point of the hot air balloon trade.....

judyandthecat
08-24-14, 08:39 AM
It has been over three weeks any idea when the rest of us will receive the hot air balloon?

pundoggity
08-24-14, 12:08 PM
It has been over three weeks any idea when the rest of us will receive the hot air balloon?

Yes PLEASE TL, give us some kind of update, eta, anything!!!!!
We have been waiting sooo long and your feedback has been minimal.
No bugs have been reported....
What's going on TL ??????????
Have you forgotten about the rest of us?
PLEASE RESPOND, PRETTY PLEASE:)

horsey3
08-24-14, 03:09 PM
Yes PLEASE TL, give us some kind of update, eta, anything!!!!!
We have been waiting sooo long and your feedback has been minimal.
No bugs have been reported....
What's going on TL ??????????
Have you forgotten about the rest of us?
PLEASE RESPOND, PRETTY PLEASE:)

I agree , I think it's only fair we get info on when we get the balloon, PLEASE

NYM9CX
08-24-14, 06:42 PM
Hot Air Ballon, added items with selection over selected items and amount on meter. Though I completed the goal. Received
no ticket. Completed second delivery and selected on the option select two completed delivery. Received one ticket. Done this for third delivery also. Problem on 4th delivery couldn't selected the trade at least 2 of each items as I done on deliveries two and three. 4th delivery is same as 1st delivery completed in 2 minutes. Ballon stayed for the total 4 hours. I didn't receive a ticket for this delivery. Even though game items; Chocolate Pudding, Milk, Peanuts and Oranges (1,364 coins) registered on the meter bar and was full. ��

integra77
08-24-14, 11:46 PM
Hi All,

I know some are not FEELING NOT JUSTIFIED with the grouping of Gold, Silver & Bronze prizes (myself included)
Or why the balloon feature HAS NOT EVEN arrived at my farm yet..., I've wrote to TL development Team giving feedback.

I don't want to sound as the odd different voice here but
I REALLY WANT TO COMPLIMENT THAT TL DOES LISTEN TO FEEDBACK.

PLEASE DO GIVE THEM SOME TIME TO WORK ON IT.
IT'S NOT EASY TO GET ALL THESE WORKING ON DIFFERENT PLATFORM OF OUR SMART DEVICES.

Go check out on the revised grouping of the prizes now, especially on "GOLD", all MINING TOOLS HAD BEEN REMOVED.
I felt it's much appropriated now with the revision... I made my first 45 ticket redeemed as well.

All I wanted was the Victorian Atrium and guessed what did I get after turning them in 45 tickets???

NO... I didn't get what I worked SO SO hard for by sending all those 45 balloon trips {I never missed any single one}.
(Not forgetting, all those free giving, which cost me so much coins value, I could have brought another pony)
But, that's how the mechanics of the game is for now, TL did specified clearly the % of chance within the prize group.

What's more important is the fact that TL did react upon those feedback we gave them, do give them time to respond.
I heard it's not a big team at TL and they had much limitation at their resources racing against times.

Nonetheless, I want to share with the community here how the "Hot-Air Balloon Chair" look like.
Saw it from a hard working neighbor... I know she must had worked on the balloon tirelessly.

Here's the picture

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww158/998_DC5/IMG_7813-1.png

crystalrayn3
08-25-14, 12:52 PM
Having fun playing with the Hot Air Balloon! I'm working towards earning 45 Tickets & the chance to win the Watering Can Fountain. It's okay if I don't win it though. The amount of experience I've gained by performing the necessary tasks needed to fulfill orders has helped me advance 2 levels. This is worth far more than any prize. Another positive feature is that in my search for the various required items I find myself visiting a greater number of neighbors' shops. This has added to the over all enjoyable social aspect of the game.

JzKalika
08-25-14, 01:12 PM
Hot Air Ballon, added items with selection over selected items and amount on meter. Though I completed the goal. Received
no ticket. Completed second delivery and selected on the option select two completed delivery. Received one ticket. Done this for third delivery also. Problem on 4th delivery couldn't selected the trade at least 2 of each items as I done on deliveries two and three. 4th delivery is same as 1st delivery completed in 2 minutes. Ballon stayed for the total 4 hours. I didn't receive a ticket for this delivery. Even though game items; Chocolate Pudding, Milk, Peanuts and Oranges (1,364 coins) registered on the meter bar and was full. ��

If this happens again can you send me a a screenshot of when you expect the balloon to be complete, but it isn't? If the trade is complete the balloon should automatically fly away instead of remaining on your game board for the full 4 hours. You also need to fill the meter AND trade in at least 2 of each item to fully complete it.

pundoggity
08-25-14, 08:14 PM
Hi All,

I know some are not FEELING NOT JUSTIFIED with the grouping of Gold, Silver & Bronze prizes (myself included)
Or why the balloon feature HAS NOT EVEN arrived at my farm yet..., I've wrote to TL development Team giving feedback.

I don't want to sound as the odd different voice here but
I REALLY WANT TO COMPLIMENT THAT TL DOES LISTEN TO FEEDBACK.

PLEASE DO GIVE THEM SOME TIME TO WORK ON IT.
IT'S NOT EASY TO GET ALL THESE WORKING ON DIFFERENT PLATFORM OF OUR SMART DEVICES.

Go check out on the revised grouping of the prizes now, especially on "GOLD", all MINING TOOLS HAD BEEN REMOVED.
I felt it's much appropriated now with the revision... I made my first 45 ticket redeemed as well.

All I wanted was the Victorian Atrium and guessed what did I get after turning them in 45 tickets???

NO... I didn't get what I worked SO SO hard for by sending all those 45 balloon trips {I never missed any single one}.
(Not forgetting, all those free giving, which cost me so much coins value, I could have brought another pony)
But, that's how the mechanics of the game is for now, TL did specified clearly the % of chance within the prize group.

What's more important is the fact that TL did react upon those feedback we gave them, do give them time to respond.
I heard it's not a big team at TL and they had much limitation at their resources racing against times.

Nonetheless, I want to share with the community here how the "Hot-Air Balloon Chair" look like.
Saw it from a hard working neighbor... I know she must had worked on the balloon tirelessly.

Here's the picture

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww158/998_DC5/IMG_7813-1.png

There is a thing called customer service TL.
We are just asking for some kind of response. An update on your progress with testing would be much appreciated.
Those of us who don't have the balloon feature yet have been waiting, with a barn full of papers and tools, for over 3 weeks now.
TL are we close to getting the feature? days, weeks,months?
Please respond

ciarjen
08-26-14, 03:04 AM
3 out of 4 of my balloons have asked for gold. It is the rarest drop in the mine and I only got 1 the other day from using 40 tools.

Yet the balloon wants it all the time. Today's has a total of 2838 coins, yet the other items are low value ones such as potatoes, banana and cream.

I would probably have to trade about 40 gold just for one ticket to get that amount of coins. Obviously I am not going to do that because I am not dumb :p

TL, I hope these types of oddities you will be able to remove after the beta testing :)

yppahc
08-26-14, 04:22 AM
It is good to see the mining tools have been taken out of the 45 ticket box. I have traded in 10 tickets and got the bug zappers and 20 tickets for the fountain.
My value total went up to 1432 after levelling up, I will see what it is now I have levelled up again. The differences between players are crazy tho, 2838! and at the same level as me. Let us hope they don't go with this and continue with my more sensible balloons. Generally I have cocoa, eggs or milk which are easy to find in large enough quantities. The most taxing thing I've needed is earrings and those only once.

ciarjen
08-27-14, 06:06 AM
3 out of 4 of my balloons have asked for gold. It is the rarest drop in the mine and I only got 1 the other day from using 40 tools.

Yet the balloon wants it all the time. Today's has a total of 2838 coins, yet the other items are low value ones such as potatoes, banana and cream.

I would probably have to trade about 40 gold just for one ticket to get that amount of coins. Obviously I am not going to do that because I am not dumb :p

TL, I hope these types of oddities you will be able to remove after the beta testing :)

Another 2 balloons have turned up since this post and guess what.....they both want gold. That's a total now of 5 out of 6 balloons wanting gold with a total value of 2835 coins.

So that is another two I will not be doing :confused:

judyandthecat
08-27-14, 07:56 AM
I would just like to know when the rest of us players are going to be given the balloon?

ciarjen
08-27-14, 08:04 AM
I would just like to know when the rest of us players are going to be given the balloon?

I would guess they are not saying because they don't know. The whole point of Beta testing is to try something out and make changes if necessary.

Beta testing in Dragon story of new features has taken months.

horsey3
08-27-14, 08:54 AM
I would guess they are not saying because they don't know. The whole point of Beta testing is to try something out and make changes if necessary.

I do understand this, but months? To hold onto the things we would need? Yikes. But thank you for writing this possible news

Rynetory2
08-27-14, 12:32 PM

FYI every SDLC has a planned schedule. It will be ridiculous if TL doesn't know. Since there aren't major issues here, the implementation timing should be according to plan. It would be nice if TL advises us on planned release date (subjected to changes to be fair to them).

pundoggity
08-27-14, 11:13 PM
FYI every SDLC has a planned schedule. It will be ridiculous if TL doesn't know. Since there isn't major issues here, the implementation timing should be according to plan. It would be nice if TL advise us on planned release date (subjected to changes to be fair to them).

An estimated release date (subjected to changes) would be most appreciated!
Any information would be gratefully received TL

horsey3
08-30-14, 11:40 AM
I'm a bit amazed at the lack of a nice response from our moderators, even though we have asked politely for some kind of reply. Please at least give us hope Thank you

Doncourt
09-01-14, 08:50 AM
I haven't expanded to the balloon yet.

With everyone here who has expanded, it seems the feedback isn't that great.

Your advice: should I even bother using my 17x3 papers to expand to the balloon or should I use my papers to expand my farm instead? What would you have done if you had to do it over again?

I agree with one member who pointed out that she is collecting enough tickets for the gold box... And will be SEVERELY disappointed if all she gets are some pick axes. Apparently the prizes are random, but it seems like a lot of work to take a chance on a few gems when you could just be stuck with some mining tools. Not impressed. :(

integra77
09-01-14, 07:50 PM
If I may bring some updated understanding, which was already explained in the previous posting,
ALL MINING TOOLS HAD ALREADY BEEN REMOVED from the GOLD BOX.

I like to compliment TL who listened to the many valuable feedback received and they responded to them positively.
I'm referring to this particular issue on prize grouping, understand there's other pending issues they needed more time to resolve.

Your advice: should I even bother using my 17x3 papers to expand to the balloon or should I use my papers to expand my farm instead? What would you have done if you had to do it over again?

I agree with one member who pointed out that she is collecting enough tickets for the gold box... And will be SEVERELY disappointed if all she gets are some pick axes. Apparently the prizes are random, but it seems like a lot of work to take a chance on a few gems when you could just be stuck with some mining tools. Not impressed. :(

Rynetory2
09-02-14, 02:17 AM

If I were you, I would expand the farm and the balloon last of all. But it's just me.

yppahc
09-02-14, 03:53 AM
If I were you, I would expand the farm and the balloon last of all. But it's just me.

I agree, the balloon is just a way of giving away $$$$$ for the chance of getting fancy decorations.

ciarjen
09-02-14, 04:19 AM

I wouldn't bother expanding there. It's not worth doing......or they have a lot of work they need to do on it first :p

I had about 6 trades turn up in a row asking for gold, I didn't send it. The last 7 balloons have asked for herbs.....one has just arrived now, let me see what it wants - herbs again. That's 8 in a row I am not sending. Herbs are a precious resource and needed a lot for trains/jelly maker so I am not giving them up for the balloon.

Regardless of what items it wants, the cost of doing the trade is no way reflected in the prizes being offered.

I am level 49 and each balloon requires 2000 to 2400 coins but the price that the balloon gives you for the items is less than half what you could sell in the market. So each balloon would cost me about 5000 coins.

I need to do 45 balloons for the big prize, so that will cost me 225,000 coins.

225,000 coins will get me the big prize of the bird bath and I have got two of those already. The other prizes are just decorations some of which you may already have. There is also a chance you could get 10 gems as a prize.

Now with 225,000 coins I reckon I could probably do about 20 train deliveries, perhaps more and can would earn me at least 100 gems.

So the balloon is not worth it. I would say only expand there if you have nothing else left to expand to.

I think the idea behind the balloon is good and could be fun fulfilling if it was worth doing and they could sort out the issue of repeated items being requested but for the coin investment of 225k to get 45 tickets, then the prize would need to be something of value.

I would say something like a pet which was not available anywhere else in the market. If that was a guaranteed reward, then that would be an incentive to complete all the trades.

Doncourt
09-02-14, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't bother expanding there. It's not worth doing......or they have a lot of work they need to do on it first :p

I had about 6 trades turn up in a row asking for gold, I didn't send it. The last 7 balloons have asked for herbs.....one has just arrived now, let me see what it wants - herbs again. That's 8 in a row I am not sending. Herbs are a precious resource and needed a lot for trains/jelly maker so I am not giving them up for the balloon.

Regardless of what items it wants, the cost of doing the trade is no way reflected in the prizes being offered.

I am level 49 and each balloon requires 2000 to 2400 coins but the price that the balloon gives you for the items is less than half what you could sell in the market. So each balloon would cost me about 5000 coins.

I need to do 45 balloons for the big prize, so that will cost me 225,000 coins.

225,000 coins will get me the big prize of the bird bath and I have got two of those already. The other prizes are just decorations some of which you may already have. There is also a chance you could get 10 gems as a prize.

Now with 225,000 coins I reckon I could probably do about 20 train deliveries, perhaps more and can would earn me at least 100 gems.

So the balloon is not worth it. I would say only expand there if you have nothing else left to expand to.

I think the idea behind the balloon is good and could be fun fulfilling if it was worth doing and they could sort out the issue of repeated items being requested but for the coin investment of 225k to get 45 tickets, then the prize would need to be something of value.

I would say something like a pet which was not available anywhere else in the market. If that was a guaranteed reward, then that would be an incentive to complete all the trades.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Now that I understand how the balloon works and how much money it takes for the chance at prizes I probably already have, I'll hold off on expanding there.

At least with the train, you know what you're getting - either two or five gems depending on whether you can fill it up.

Add me if you'd like! User name Doncourt.

Thanks! ;)

horsey3
09-02-14, 12:21 PM
Though I understand all the apparent imperfections in the balloon expansion , I truly wish I had it....storing things for it cuts down on my storage, since there are no land expansions allowed at this time. Whether or not I use the balloon makes no difference to me, I really think TL will straighten things out hopefully a little bit,at least , to keep the players happy. I think it can be fun if all the recommendations to make the game more fair and more fun are listened to by TL. So, I'm hoping the moderators or TL will release this to those of us who don't have it......let the players decide to do it or not do it.

Thank you��

Marmalademuffin
09-02-14, 06:52 PM
I like the balloon. It looks great and I love the idea. It is usually easy to fill since there is always something you can plant a few times before it leaves and then there are just two of the other 3 items. If I don't want to part with the stuff it requires, I just skip it. So I only have 12 or so tickets. I like that you can load things a few at a time so you don't have to store 72 spinach in your silo. I wish we could do that with the train. I do not like that there is no way to access the ticket redemption if the balloon is not at the launching site. So I don't know how many tickets for sure I have and I always forget to check and then it takes off again. I will just save the tickets. I like decorations but I feel they should be new things or you can go to a site and then spend the tickets on what you want. That would be a big improvement as I would not like repeats of what I already have. In general though I am very pleased with the whole balloon idea. Thanks!

dd2pls1988
09-02-14, 08:43 PM

Ok TL why do I have the balloon when I don't have the "mine" so tell me TL are you going to give me gold ???

spring_peeper
09-03-14, 05:17 AM
I really wish I didn't expand to this. It's cute and seems like a great idea, but the logistics behind it aren't that great. The prizes? Leftovers. When I looked at what the boxes "may" contain, I thought to myself - this reminds me of shopping at outlet malls. It's all the leftover stock that the main stores can't sell. For example, the stuff I already have (I do not need another tea garden pagoda). Or, perhaps a bug zapper (which was leaving the market forever, wasn't it?). The only difference is I have to give up my entire stock of something to get a ticket. It's not worth it.

anidayle
09-03-14, 07:31 PM
Does everyone have the Hot Air Balloon expansion yet? It has been a few weeks now but I finally got it. I was not one of the initial people to receive during Beta testing. It appeared some time after that, so just checking that we all have it now?

horsey3
09-03-14, 09:25 PM
Does everyone have the Hot Air Balloon expansion yet? It has been a few weeks now but I finally got it. I was not one of the initial people to receive during Beta testing. It appeared some time after that, so just checking that we all have it now?

I have not gotten it yet :-(

pundoggity
09-03-14, 10:10 PM

No, most of us are still waiting....
There was the initial release to a "few" players and a second release to a "few" more.
You must have been one of the lucky ones who got the feature on the second release.

judyandthecat
09-04-14, 03:11 AM
I am still waiting! Please Team Lava give me the opportunity for surprise boxes.
I love surprise boxes!

bakerystoe
09-04-14, 03:41 AM
I still like TL have pets on that balloon!

horsey3
09-04-14, 07:15 AM
Many of my nbrs have the balloon, fairly recently I think, so please give it to us!!!!

ciarjen
09-04-14, 08:47 AM
8 out of 7 of my last balloons have requested herbs.

anidayle
09-04-14, 10:55 AM
Arg, that's frustrating. It has been a few weeks for me now so maybe they will update it for everyone soon.

No, most of us are still waiting....
There was the initial release to a "few" players and a second release to a "few" more.
You must have been one of the lucky ones who got the feature on the second release.

horsey3
09-05-14, 03:57 AM

please, any news when the rest of us can get the balloon?

ciarjen
09-05-14, 08:32 AM
8 out of 7 of my last balloons have requested herbs.

And the next 2 balloons also require herbs.

The other 3 items change but not the herbs. Is this a bug TL or how it is supposed to be?

Rynetory2
09-05-14, 10:42 PM
And the next 2 balloons also require herbs.

The other 3 items change but not the herbs. Is this a bug TL or how it is supposed to be?

Nope, I doubt it's a bug. I'm guessing the balloon works like train, asking for items which you lack or low stock.

bakerystoe
09-05-14, 11:32 PM
I hvae the real stupid bug: The balloon just have 3-need-items I have to give but the other was empty

ciarjen
09-06-14, 01:51 AM
Nope, I doubt it's a bug. I'm guessing the balloon works like train, asking for items which you lack or low stock.

I've actually got quite a lot of stock of herbs so I was wondering if it knew that. Anyway todays balloon doesn't require herbs and only needs 1400 coins worth of good. :)

ciarjen
09-06-14, 01:52 AM
I hvae the real stupid bug: The balloon just have 3-need-items I have to give but the other was empty

YOu have buy what you need in the shop and you have 4 hours to do it. With some of the items that's practically impossible unless you hit some very good luck.

minidemon88
09-06-14, 02:06 AM
Dear TL, it's been more than a month since the balloon feature was released. I've been saving my expansion tools and waiting for this feature to be release. We are still waiting or have you forgotten about us?

polispol
09-06-14, 04:37 AM
Balloons are easy and funny to fill...

When potatoes are required I send 2 of the other items (the minimum) and grow potatoes, same with most of the crops.

Coconuts can be found in shop easily for less than 6 coins each, the price they are bought in the balloon. Same with eggs (9coins)

I also have the wet garden and I usually have 80 rice or weeds, they easily fill one balloon

I got so far the pink bird house and the scarecrow (the koi pond i got it in the tree house...)

There are still many items i like and don't have yet

kisten
09-06-14, 07:23 AM
YOu have buy what you need in the shop and you have 4 hours to do it. With some of the items that's practically impossible unless you hit some very good luck.

This is why I don't even bothered with the balloon if I'm not sure if I'll be free within 4 hours or if the items required are too difficult to get. IMO items require more than 1.5 hour to make SHOULD NOT appear in the trading post.

Rynetory2
09-06-14, 09:09 AM
I've actually got quite a lot of stock of herbs so I was wondering if it knew that. Anyway todays balloon doesn't require herbs and only needs 1400 coins worth of good. :)

Since you have lots of herbs, maybe that's why it's asking for it. Makes it easy for you. :)

amiableal
09-07-14, 10:37 PM
Question from one who doesn't have the balloon option yet. Should I expand to the uphill ramp? Is that a prerequisite for getting it once availability is expanded to the rest of us? I'm stockpiling, but have several options for what to do with docs and coins. Help, please! Without information on this and many other issues, feels like we're playing against a loaded deck.

ciarjen
09-08-14, 02:34 AM
Question from one who doesn't have the balloon option yet. Should I expand to the uphill ramp? Is that a prerequisite for getting it once availability is expanded to the rest of us? I'm stockpiling, but have several options for what to do with docs and coins. Help, please! Without information on this and many other issues, feels like we're playing against a loaded deck.

You'll need to expand to the squares adjacent to it. When I expanded the expansion grid was not working as it normally does so it was difficult to work out what to do. I hope they fix that.

My opinion on expanding to this though, is only do it if you have no where else to expand to. Do the mine, train, water garden etc first. There is far more value to your game in those than the Hot Air Balloon.

mchat2045
09-08-14, 03:34 PM
The balloon needs something that looks like a 2 toned brown cookie today. I don't have any means to make this. What is it?

ciarjen
09-09-14, 01:56 AM
The balloon needs something that looks like a 2 toned brown cookie today. I don't have any means to make this. What is it?

Made in the windmill with truffles?

ciarjen
09-09-14, 04:21 AM
After a long run of balloons requiring gold, it switched to asking for herbs, now it is back to gold again. These are my last 7 balloons. Gold is far to precious in this game to waste it on a balloon trade. Note as well that all the orders require goods loaded up to 2900 coins, which probably equates to about 6000 coins in total value of items. Do that trade 45 times and you could win a bird bath :p

ciarjen
09-09-14, 04:21 AM
continued......

ciarjen
09-09-14, 04:33 AM
For anyone who doesn't know how this works in this image I have put one item of each into the box to show the price that the balloon is giving you for it.

Gold 48 coins
Carrots 12 coins
Lemons 20 coins

You have to load at least 2 of each item, so doing that in this case would bring your total up to 519 coins. Now to make up the difference to the required amount of 2900 coins you can load any of the items in any quantities provided you have two of each as a minimum.

If you were to load just carrots because they are the cheapest/easiest to get you would need to load 198 of them. You would have to find them in the market within 4 hours before the balloon goes and the carrots alone would cost you 5544 coins to buy. This would give you 1 trade ticket. You need 45 trade tickets for the gold prize.

ciarjen
09-09-14, 04:41 AM
These are the gold prizes. For 45 trade tickets you will win one of these prizes.

For the amount of coins that this would cost me, about 270,000, I think the prizes have to be some sort of joke. ;)

spajdr
09-10-14, 07:46 PM
Myself at level 28 and today balloon dude wanted (rice in a bowl) which needs level 41 to buy, is this normal?
I covered it up by using diamonds, but that's gotta be the bug, right?

cakegirl108
09-11-14, 09:00 AM
have never received anything about hot air balloon or little shed or Mr.Merriweather?. help!

Rynetory2
09-11-14, 09:04 AM
have never received anything about hot air balloon or little shed or Mr.Merriweather?. help!

This is still in beta testing phase and is only released to some players. TL will release to all players in due time. You aren't the only one without. We are waiting for the release.

Hostler
09-12-14, 07:08 AM
I guess I have been lucky so far. I got the swirling wind chime for 10 tickets and the koi pond for 45 tickets.

iLLUMI2012
09-14-14, 01:17 AM
I've got the expansion for Mr Merriweather on this account (on my iPad) but dont have the tickets nor money to expand there. I don't play this one much at all.
But my other account which I play all the time, I have the coins and an abundance of maps, etc etc but I don't have the expansion. LOL

Oh well. Just hope it comes out of Beta testing soon and gets distributed to all players. :)

pundoggity
09-19-14, 08:16 AM
TL, have you forgotten about the rest of us??
We are still waiting for the balloon feature :(
Please let us know how testing is going.
Any update or eta (subject to changes) would be greatly appreciated :)
Please!

mangasketch
09-19-14, 05:32 PM
Hot air ballon just showed up while I was playing at 8:30pm EST.

judyandthecat
09-19-14, 05:34 PM
I got it too!
Judy faints with excitement!

iLLUMI2012
09-19-14, 05:47 PM
Yep I got it too! Woo hoo. Now I can use up some of the 50+ permits, deeds and maps that I've been saving just for this occasion. :D
You need 17 maps, deeds and permits. And 20,000 coins. Been saving coins for this too. Heh heh.
Thank you TL!

And you need 7 hammers, bricks and wood planks to repair.

FrozenTurtle
09-19-14, 05:48 PM
Good luck, everyone! :D

viramisu
09-19-14, 05:54 PM
Mee too.Now i need a lot of expansion permit , please someone sell me maps etc

viramisu
09-19-14, 05:57 PM
Yep I got it too! Woo hoo. Now I can use up some of the 50+ permits, deeds and maps that I've been saving just for this occasion. :D
You need 17 maps, deeds and permits. And 20,000 coins. Been saving coins for this too. Heh heh.
Thank you TL!

And you need 7 hammers, bricks and wood planks to repair.

I previously save some maps, more than 17 of each to expand to hot air baloon, but because it was too long and my barn gonna explode, i expanded somewhere else :(

judyandthecat
09-19-14, 06:04 PM
Thank You FrozenTurtle!

I have filled my first balloon and received my first ticket.
Judy does a happy dance!

pundoggity
09-19-14, 06:09 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I have room in my barn again :)
Yay!!!

infinitelove19
09-19-14, 07:19 PM
Is this still in Beta? I just got it on all three of my accounts today, so I figured it was officially released...?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is this how it works: You do trades & get one ticket from each 'batch' of four. Then you need at least ten tickets which you trade for a random item, which appears to mainly be decorations?
Are any of the items to be won pets or animals? Or is it just decor?

Not sure I'm overly enthused.

minidemon88
09-20-14, 02:00 AM
OMG, finally gotten the balloon feature! Time to clear up those tools from my barn! Yay! ;)

Rynetory2
09-20-14, 05:39 AM
Many thanks TL for releasing the balloon to us and your hard work. Great job! :)

heeheeheehaw
09-20-14, 07:17 AM
Many thanks TL for releasing the balloon to us and your hard work. Great job! :)

Yes thank you! Have been waiting for the balloon. Just did my first trade and filled the balloon. It is now gone on delivery and I collected my tickets but where do they show up?

ciarjen
09-20-14, 07:21 AM
Yes thank you! Have been waiting for the balloon. Just did my first trade and filled the balloon. It is now gone on delivery and I collected my tickets but where do they show up?

You will see them when the balloon comes back.

ciarjen
09-20-14, 07:24 AM
Is this still in Beta? I just got it on all three of my accounts today, so I figured it was officially released...?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is this how it works: You do trades & get one ticket from each 'batch' of four. Then you need at least ten tickets which you trade for a random item, which appears to mainly be decorations?
Are any of the items to be won pets or animals? Or is it just decor?

Not sure I'm overly enthused.

Yes just decor and a "chance" of 5 or 10 gems on the silver or bronze prize.

They are expensive decorations. Whatever coin value you give to the balloon you can double it to guess the amount it is costing you in terms of what you lose from not selling in the shop. Multiply that by 45 times to get a "chance" to win 10 gems and you can see that compared to the train, it is really poor value.

heeheeheehaw
09-20-14, 07:37 AM
You will see them when the balloon comes back.

Thank you!

klengenhues
09-20-14, 11:12 AM
Didn't read all the posts so sorry if this question has already been asked. How long does it take until the balloon comes back ?

kooky panda
09-20-14, 05:41 PM
Didn't read all the posts so sorry if this question has already been asked. How long does it take until the balloon comes back ?

There is no set time for when the balloon will be back. It will drop by at random times.

yppahc
09-21-14, 03:41 AM
Has anyone noticed a big drop in coin requirement? Mine used to be 1500ish coin value but has gone down to 789. It makes it much cheaper and easier to fill. I want the maze after seeing it on a farm so am trading for that.

chels1603
09-22-14, 05:49 AM
Hi all,
Can someone tell me where the tokens are stored and what they can be used for.
I have completed quite a few trades with Mr merriweather,s balloon can't see where they go.

kooky panda
09-22-14, 07:26 AM
Hi all,
Can someone tell me where the tokens are stored and what they can be used for.
I have completed quite a few trades with Mr merriweather,s balloon can't see where they go.
When you have the balloon, you can tap the redeem button. You will see three different levels where you can redeem your tickets.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14540&d=1406909983 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14540&d=1406909983)

kooky panda
09-22-14, 07:28 AM
If anyone has redeemed and gotten prizes can you post pictures?

Thanks!

GameOfFarms
09-22-14, 08:09 PM

Gold 48 coins
Carrots 12 coins
Lemons 20 coins

Thank you for explaining this. I've been trying to work it out and have spent the past few minutes scanning through the thread trying to find an explanation!

I few instructions would be helpful.

GameOfFarms
09-22-14, 08:19 PM
I've filled a balloon, received a trade ticket and my balloon has taken off. Do I now wait until it comes back before I can redeem? When it comes back and I click on the redeem button does it show me the different levels available?

judyandthecat
09-23-14, 05:57 AM
If anyone has redeemed and gotten prizes can you post pictures?

Thanks!
I just finished my tenth balloon and had to wait for the next balloon to return to redeem my ten tickets.
Bringing back memories of long ago buying cracker jacks for the prize inside. I love it.
I received two pink trees value fifteen diamonds each to buy them under decorations so I am very happy and I love the surprise box idea!

kooky panda
09-23-14, 07:33 AM
I've filled a balloon, received a trade ticket and my balloon has taken off. Do I now wait until it comes back before I can redeem? When it comes back and I click on the redeem button does it show me the different levels available?

Yes click the redeem button and you see the levels. I think you need at least 10 ticket to redeem from the first box.

PuppyFrog
09-23-14, 04:49 PM
I have filled up the balloon 4 times & have only received 2(!?!) tickets. What's up with that? Two times the balloon floated away & left me no tot even a single ticket.�� I feel really *****ed when reading that some people have gotten so many more tickets. I certainly won't be wasting anymore time or money on that *****ing Mr. Moneyweather.

PuppyFrog
09-23-14, 05:09 PM
You should see three big present boxes on the ballon screen with ticket trade in prices of like 10, 20(I think), & 45 tickets. Just above that is a small space showing how many tickets you have. You won't see that until you have a ticket to trade, but my experience is that completing this doesn't always get you a ticket even if you sacrifice really valuable items to fill the whole progress bar. Hope that answers your question. I also hope that TL will give us the tickets we've earned since this is a beta test.

judyandthecat
09-23-14, 05:43 PM
My ticket is laying on the ground after I completely do both tasks and the balloon flys away.

When the balloon returns you can see the amount of tickets you currently have.

avian946
09-23-14, 06:29 PM
id also like to get xp when doing balloon orders!

amiableal
09-23-14, 07:07 PM
The connection to the balloon is erratic! The balloon wreck has been in my yard for some time, but touching expand and the wreck generally did nothing. Kept trying from time to time and finally activated it (had all docs and repair tools all along). Then, to play. Baffling instructions. I thought I needed two of each item to advance the load bar every time. Tried what I had a lot of and saw it move along the load bar. (Wasted a lot of lemons unnecessarily, but okay, I learned.). Balloon took off, ticket appeared, tapped it. My coin value went up, but does that mean that in effect, I cashed in that first ticket? Or do I get coins and also stockpile tickets as I do this? Heads up, TL! Make the rules clear!!!

PuppyFrog
09-23-14, 08:22 PM
I agree with you about where the 2 paltry tickets appear when it has given me tickets, but two other times I fully filled the progress bar & watched the ballon float away leaving absolutely nothing, which I feel is a total ripoff.

zsazsaheart
09-24-14, 02:26 AM
no ticket. Completed second delivery and selected on the option select two completed delivery. Received one ticket. Done this for third delivery also. Problem on 4th delivery couldn't selected the trade at least 2 of each items as I done on deliveries two and three. 4th delivery is same as 1st delivery completed in 2 minutes. Ballon stayed for the total 4 hours. I didn't receive a ticket for this delivery. Even though game items; Chocolate Pudding, Milk, Peanuts and Oranges (1,364 coins) registered on the meter bar and was full. 😢
This has happened to me too. On my third balloon appearance I over-filled the meter but could not complete the trade and the ballon left an hour later taking all my items but leaving no ticket!

zsazsaheart
09-24-14, 02:43 AM
no ticket. Completed second delivery and selected on the option select two completed delivery. Received one ticket. Done this for third delivery also. Problem on 4th delivery couldn't selected the trade at least 2 of each items as I done on deliveries two and three. 4th delivery is same as 1st delivery completed in 2 minutes. Ballon stayed for the total 4 hours. I didn't receive a ticket for this delivery. Even though game items; Chocolate Pudding, Milk, Peanuts and Oranges (1,364 coins) registered on the meter bar and was full. 
This has happened to me too. On my third balloon appearance I over-filled the meter but could not complete the trade and the ballon left an hour later taking all my items but leaving no ticket! I now have realised that the box next to the two items instruction needs to have a tick in it. It's possible to fill the meter, and some, without that tick, ie not loading two of any requested item, but the balloon will leave at the end of its visit taking all items loaded without trade. Mr Merriweather appears to be a thief! (Instructions should have been clearer. I've lost loads of stuff.)

evil_bambi
09-24-14, 09:24 AM
I have the same balloon requests all the time! The only things it need are gold rings, milk, blackberries and spinach! Ok I can do in once, twice, but not all the time!

PuppyFrog
09-24-14, 10:44 AM

There are plenty of bugs-like not getting tickets- so I don't understand why they rolled it out to more people. Maybe they just want more complaints.

eabrown25
09-24-14, 12:29 PM
Filled my third balloon earlier today. Don't believe I have lost any tickets after filling the meter.
I noticed:
- be sure to check the meter carefully as you fill up on items so you don't turn in more items than you need. I've been turning in items one at a time once I'm close to the total.
- the number to the lower left of the item is the number you have stored, not the point value per item.
- make sure you put in two of each item.
- it helps to make more friends for this game - if you get close to the total you can "go shopping" to finish and get the ticket.

This is great for cleaning out extra items like cocoa, apples, etc. that I never use up. It's not as great when you need to add high value items that take longer than 4 hours to craft.

panix
09-24-14, 09:06 PM
For the last 8 or 9 balloons in a row it has wanted truffle shavings.... Every balloon. It is getting kind of annoying, because the total for each balloon is around 2400, and the other three items are very low selling, like 6-9 coins each, which makes the balloons impossible to fill! I have been only able to fill two of the balloons that want truffle shavings, is this a bug? Why is it always requesting those items? The first few orders I did were fun and fairly easy to fill, and now this... Does anyone else get this kind of problem??

amiableal
09-24-14, 10:20 PM
I'm a newbie to the balloon (just sent off a load for my third ticket). But with that third ticket requirement, I'm not expecting this to go well in the future! Level three required two truffle butters for the minimum of two at least of each item. Further, once you open the screen to see what is required, the clock starts ticking--no backing out to do it later that I can see. Am I mistaken? This has a serious effect on planning; I'm now reluctant to put items in sale shop which I customarily did with produce (level one reduced me to almost no carrots!). Please more experienced friends and neighbors, share your strategies and/or instruct me on managing this. Can I simply delete the whole order once I see it as I can with the train? I'm not understanding the options for how this can be made to work. Thank you for sharing your insights!

ciarjen
09-25-14, 02:10 AM
For the last 8 or 9 balloons in a row it has wanted truffle shavings.... Every balloon. It is getting kind of annoying, because the total for each balloon is around 2400, and the other three items are very low selling, like 6-9 coins each, which makes the balloons impossible to fill! I have been only able to fill two of the balloons that want truffle shavings, is this a bug? Why is it always requesting those items? The first few orders I did were fun and fairly easy to fill, and now this... Does anyone else get this kind of problem??

Yes I do get this problem and I have posted the problem with screenshots of many of my balloons just asking for the same thing, which in my case is gold and the coin total is 2900 coins.

There has been zero response from TL about it so I assume their lack of response and the fact then went on to roll it out to all players suggests to me that it is not a bug and is actually by design.

What the balloon is doing is picking up the items you have in the barn and silo with high stocks and when we usually hold high stocks of the difficult to find or hard to make items then it is always going to ask for them.

If TL are not going to fix this, then the only way around it is to increase your stocks in the barn and silo of cheap, easy to find items such as milk and cocoa and because the balloon coin level is relevant to the price of the items in it, it should bring down the total number of coins needed to fulfill the trade.

panix
09-25-14, 11:02 AM
Yes I do get this problem and I have posted the problem with screenshots of many of my balloons just asking for the same thing, which in my case is gold and the coin total is 2900 coins.

There has been zero response from TL about it so I assume their lack of response and the fact then went on to roll it out to all players suggests to me that it is not a bug and is actually by design.

What the balloon is doing is picking up the items you have in the barn and silo with high stocks and when we usually hold high stocks of the difficult to find or hard to make items then it is always going to ask for them.

If TL are not going to fix this, then the only way around it is to increase your stocks in the barn and silo of cheap, easy to find items such as milk and cocoa and because the balloon coin level is relevant to the price of the items in it, it should bring down the total number of coins needed to fulfill the trade.

I see what you mean! I used up most of my truffle shavings (that I had been saving up :P ) making other things, and today's balloon total was 600, and the most expensive thing it is asking me for is chocolate. Maybe it is a coincidence, but probably not..

bss18974
09-26-14, 09:03 AM
I sent my balloon yesterday around 8 pm my local time. It is now noon my time, 16 hours later and my balloon hasn't reappeared! What's going on... Plus the last few times it was asking for about 3600 coins and asking for tuna or salmon and coffee... All of these items are hard to get or replace due to long time needed to either make bait or collect from trees and asking for carrots each time... Again at least 2 hr to make. Of course also asked for low priced eggs or milk...

bss18974
09-26-14, 07:47 PM
What the hot air balloon really needs is a way to check how many tickets we have and ability to redeem without the balloon present.

GameOfFarms
09-27-14, 01:56 AM
What the hot air balloon really needs is a way to check how many tickets we have and ability to redeem without the balloon present.

I've been thinking the same thing.

yppahc
09-27-14, 06:50 AM

It is annoying when you trade for your final ticket and then have to wait hours to see what you get. At least the tickets aren't in your barn tho!

bss18974
09-27-14, 08:53 AM
It is annoying when you trade for your final ticket and then have to wait hours to see what you get. At least the tickets aren't in your barn tho!

Maybe tickets should appear in the collections gallery along with the butterflies etc so we can see how many tickets we have and then a button that says collect or redeem and your choice of type of redemption (10, 20, 40) ... After all the prize we get is random.... But I would rather pick which prize I want...

DannyFarmhouse
09-27-14, 11:08 PM
after waiting for 45 tickets and buying the gold surprise box, all i get is "1 POND". Thats it!!!

ciarjen
09-28-14, 02:17 AM
after waiting for 45 tickets and buying the gold surprise box, all i get is "1 POND". Thats it!!!

Yes that's it!

I've added my thoughts to the balloon thread about what I think of this balloon and its rewards versus the amount of resource and coins put into it for tickets.

I don't think TL will change it though because I think it is supposed to be like that.

dragon2046
09-29-14, 11:02 AM
I've recently expanded to the balloon. I've done 2 trades and now it's sits there. Although it is kind of fun scouring the newspaper to find all the items needed in the time allowed, I wouldn't do it for decorations as for me I'm not really a big decorator. So in my opinion the train is more useful as I am still leveling up and the xp is helpful. But for all u decorators out there enjoy! :)

finnth12
09-29-14, 07:49 PM
I just leveled up and able to buy coffee bushes(it took 24 hrs to harvest), now the balloon ask for coffee seed. If anyone has some to sell, please I need 2. And thank you very much.

alai1999
09-30-14, 03:41 AM
Yes that's it!

I've added my thoughts to the balloon thread about what I think of this balloon and its rewards versus the amount of resource and coins put into it for tickets.

I don't think TL will change it though because I think it is supposed to be like that.

Ive just redeem my 2nd golden box n received my second pond. The first was also a pond. Maybe it was just my luck but still kinda ridiculous... What are the odds of getting other items besides pond after trading 90 times... Please undo my redeem!!!!! Thanks in advance

evil_bambi
09-30-14, 11:04 AM
The same story but all my balloon wants are gold rings

minidemon88
10-01-14, 12:46 PM
I'm still accumulating tickets for the gold box. But there's one prize that irk me the most, the "Love Bird Bath" in the gold box. Are you kidding me TL? 45 tickets for just a silly bird bath which cost coins back then? You know, I already have a few of them stored in my cellar. I'm not sure if I still dare to redeem for the gold box when I've enough tickets seeing all these comments above. Some of the prizes doesn't seem to be worth for all the amount of coins spent.

bss18974
10-01-14, 04:01 PM
Agree here.. Did 20 trades and got the maze... At least I didn't have that. I'm done with the balloon.

diverDestiny
10-02-14, 01:16 PM
anyone have 2 anchovie pizzas to sell?

A2TUDE
10-02-14, 01:57 PM
Ok quick question, I've sent my balloon of 3 times how many tickets do you get before you can redeem and get a surprise?or will the balloon man tell you I'm lil confused?

kooky panda
10-02-14, 01:59 PM
Ok quick question, I've sent my balloon of 3 times how many tickets do you get before you can redeem and get a surprise?or will the balloon man tell you I'm lil confused?
When you have the balloon click the redeem button and you will see the choices.

A2TUDE
10-02-14, 02:26 PM
When you have the balloon click the redeem button and you will see the choices.

Omg kooky I sent balloon of 3 times n didn't click redeem button I've missed 3 surprises grrr lol

Kooky can I add u ???

kooky panda
10-02-14, 02:32 PM
Omg kooky I sent balloon of 3 times n didn't click redeem button I've missed 3 surprises grrr lol

Kooky can I add u ???
You need a minimum of I 10 tickets to open the first box so you have not missed anything.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/EF778EC3-9BD3-4349-8618-ACF2584EB4E7_zpsjclpp3nx.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/EF778EC3-9BD3-4349-8618-ACF2584EB4E7_zpsjclpp3nx.png.html)

minidemon88
10-04-14, 12:17 AM
Whoever requested a pet in the balloon. You got your dream came true! There's a new cat prize in the gold box. :D

Dear TL, I know you're reading the forum. Can you please consider removing the "Love Bird Bath" prize in the gold box. It's the worst prize ever and it stinks if you win that silly bird bath with 45 tickets! We need better prizes that is worth our effort and huge amount of coins spent. Please please! :(

acehero
10-04-14, 02:42 AM
CAn anyone help I have the balloon and fill it regularly but cannot see any where to redeem my tickets

OrangeSlice1
10-04-14, 07:27 AM
Whoever requested a pet in the balloon. You got your dream came true! There's a new cat prize in the gold box. :D

Dear TL, I know you're reading the forum. Can you please consider removing the "Love Bird Bath" prize in the gold box. It's the worst prize ever and it stinks if you win that silly bird bath with 45 tickets! We need better prizes that is worth our effort and huge amount of coins spent. Please please! :(

Agreed! I'm saving up for the 45, but I'm hoping so badly that I don't get the birdbath. I would be so mad, not because I don't like it, but I've already got one and what it took to get it in the first place was nowhere near the effort of having to get 45 balloon tickets.

Nastylilhobbits
10-04-14, 08:50 AM
Agreed! I'm saving up for the 45, but I'm hoping so badly that I don't get the birdbath. I would be so mad, not because I don't like it, but I've already got one and what it took to get it in the first place was nowhere near the effort of having to get 45 balloon tickets.

Seems like I'm the only one who really wants the birdbath, Hope they aren't removed before I have the chance to get one:(

CottageRose
10-04-14, 12:53 PM
Seems like I'm the only one who really wants the birdbath, Hope they aren't removed before I have the chance to get one:(
Nope, not the only one. I want one too. Maybe both groups would win, if it was moved to one of the other packages instead of gold. :)

kooky panda
10-04-14, 06:48 PM
CAn anyone help I have the balloon and fill it regularly but cannot see any where to redeem my tickets
see post 241

panix
10-08-14, 09:48 PM
Yay!!! Thank you so much TL!! I just noticed that the birdbath was removed from the gold box!! That is amazing, I am so happy, now I can spend my tickets without worry! The gems was also upgraded to 25 gems, definitely better than 10, thanks for listening to us!! :D