PDA

View Full Version : Graphics fail

Queenzod
08-01-14, 04:22 AM
Look at this new graphic. This is not the carefully rendered, magnificently detailed graphic we have all come to know and love from our beloved CS. This looks like a pink blob. What is going on with our game? I guess I should have known it was too good to last! Between this, the new bugs with the last update and the icon fiasco, I am having a sad day. Please, TL, don't ruin this game! I guess I'm going to have to stop buying gems in protest. These developments really suck.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/vasnazago/ea200ddda4505a509a803f50ece6bd06_zps4db50dcd.jpg

shambalaya
08-01-14, 04:53 AM
I'm sad along with you :(

Beleriand
08-01-14, 05:55 AM
I second that. It's those new colors that give me shivers up my spine.

jimboser
08-01-14, 07:01 AM
Agreed. Loved the earth tones, the medieval look. Had no problem with the faerie colors, because, well, fairies. But the attention to detail, the craftsmanship, was always a hallmark of this game. Changes are afoot, it seems...

PurpleScorpion76
08-01-14, 07:09 AM
I see what you mean but they look just like the 'Belladonna baubles'. Personally I would have preferred a different look to the faerie offering. It's a bag. As a Graphic Designer a bag could come in many forms, maybe with tassles and more pouch looking. There is a noticeable change from some designs to others.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-01-14, 08:39 AM
Agreed. ...so, is *everything* gonna be psychedelic neon from here on out??

Liloze
08-01-14, 08:46 AM
Totally agree, sad thing indeed that my favorite game CS is turning into some other unreconizable substandard game :(

CottageRose
08-01-14, 08:55 AM
Agreed. ...so, is *everything* gonna be psychedelic neon from here on out??
That would be the one thing that makes me quit. I store all the gaudy, crayon art, like the Tea Party. If I can't build a beautiful kingdom any more, why bother. :( I buy a lot of gems... I don't think a 5 year old girl is going to do that. I craft extra items when we have items limited to particular quests - just to have them in the art gallery of my inventory. Please bring back the beautiful, detailed artwork, so I can continue designing and growing my kingdom.

shambalaya
08-01-14, 09:04 AM
Evil forces are trying to turn our kingdoms into candy blast mania! *shivers*

Liloze
08-01-14, 10:14 AM
Evil forces are trying to turn our kingdoms into candy blast mania! *shivers*

Torn between laughing or weeping, but I shiver too....:eek:

brdwybaby
08-02-14, 01:19 AM
I've been noticing the intricate detail in graphics continually spiral downward since the Goddess Tree came out. Color schemes and stuff started changing. I mean, look at the grass and stuff on things like the Summer Gazebo... it's not intricate the way it used to be. It's like slime.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-02-14, 07:04 AM
I see what you mean but they look just like the 'Belladonna baubles'. Personally I would have preferred a different look to the faerie offering. It's a bag. As a Graphic Designer a bag could come in many forms, maybe with tassles and more pouch looking. There is a noticeable change from some designs to others.
Yep, it is EXACTLY Belladonna's Bag of Baubles....just. MUCH. briiiiiighter.
Here they are side/side:

Belladonna Baubles ... Faerie Offering
14589 14590

If the designers wanted to go the easy route & copy an item that's already in inventory, why not pick one of these? Colors could be changed on either of these too, WITHOUT going the psychedelic neon route.
14591 14592
The teeth on the feral magic bag could have easily been changed to flowers or something equally "faerie".

But why put CAKE in a bag anyway?? How about just putting the cake on a glass-covered plate (studded around with pearls like some of the other new faerie items that are posted in the update thread) & surround the cake on the plate with jewels & silver? (Since the faerie offering IS cake, jewels & silver.) As it is, I see a bag of baubles. I guess you could say they're jewels if you stretch it but where's the silver...and where's the CAKE? - getting squished in the bottom of the bag?? LOL

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-02-14, 07:42 AM
Even simpler ...

Take this cake ...

Sprinkle jewels & silver around, cover it with glass ... & VOILA! - THAT would be a Faerie Offering! Lol

(Cuz on second thought, the pearls and gold squigglies are FROM the faeries, so they shouldn't be on the offering TO the faeries, my bad)

Queenzod
08-02-14, 08:40 AM
Exactly! Look at the difference between the feral magic pouch and this new bag of...stuff. One is intricate, richly colored and highly detailed, and the other looks like a pepto bismol colored stomach blob, fomenting jelly beans.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-02-14, 08:58 AM
LOL!! Yeah, QZ! ... or it looks like something I would have gotten out of a bubble gum machine when I was 5 (no wait, make that 13+ lol) in one of those little clear plastic containers w/the pop-off lid lol ...
I can see it now --
The faeries accept our offering, only to discover they've been given a drawstring Gold Rush bag (remember those? Lol) filled with Chiclets! LMAO!

PurpleScorpion76
08-02-14, 11:06 AM
I had a closer look last night and realised the baubles and offering were an identical match, didn't expect that. At least the designers are copying their own work.

Queenzod
08-02-14, 11:10 AM
I had a closer look last night and realised the baubles and offering were an identical match, didn't expect that. At least the designers are copying their own work.

Oooo! I hope TL has some ointment for that burn! :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-02-14, 11:15 AM

Oooo! I hope TL has some ointment for that burn! :)
Bawahahha!!! *Mtn Dew snorted thru nose* LOL!!!

kudukuda
08-02-14, 12:20 PM

Only if it is new designers, then they are still copying someone else's work, only within the copyright parameters.... ��

Beleriand
08-02-14, 02:27 PM
LOL!! Yeah, QZ! ... or it looks like something I would have gotten out of a bubble gum machine when I was 5 (no wait, make that 13+ lol) in one of those little clear plastic containers w/the pop-off lid lol ...
I can see it now --
The faeries accept our offering, only to discover they've been given a drawstring Gold Rush bag (remember those? Lol) filled with Chiclets! LMAO!

Hahahaha oh I needed a laugh right about now. I remember chicklets.....back in the day they used good ole sugar and not the evil aspartame!

Queenzod
08-02-14, 03:07 PM
Hahahaha oh I needed a laugh right about now. I remember chicklets.....back in the day they used good ole sugar and not the evil aspartame!

My Dad's company used to make them. We had literally billions of them around the house. They did look exactly like those gaudy baubles.

Beleriand
08-02-14, 04:49 PM
My Dad's company used to make them. We had literally billions of them around the house. They did look exactly like those gaudy baubles.

Oh man that would be like winning the lottery to a kid, yum yum!

calipitter
08-03-14, 05:40 AM
I've been noticing the intricate detail in graphics continually spiral downward since the Goddess Tree came out. Color schemes and stuff started changing. I mean, look at the grass and stuff on things like the Summer Gazebo... it's not intricate the way it used to be. It's like slime.

My main problem with the gazebo is the scale of it. It really needs to be shrunk down to size. Right now it looks so ridiculously out of place because of its size it doesn't even feel like it belongs in the same game. I get what everyone is saying though, it like playing monopoly with a parcheesi piece because you lost all the cool little game pieces that come in monopoly.

PurpleScorpion76
08-03-14, 06:03 AM
Torn between laughing or weeping, but I shiver too....:eek:

Bawahahha!!! *Mtn Dew snorted thru nose* LOL!!!

Believe it or not I wasn't trying to be rude or sarcastic. Plagiarism is a not good in the design world. A company can do what it likes with its own stuff.

brdwybaby
08-03-14, 02:47 PM
My main problem with the gazebo is the scale of it. It really needs to be shrunk down to size. Right now it looks so ridiculously out of place because of its size it doesn't even feel like it belongs in the same game. I get what everyone is saying though, it like playing monopoly with a parcheesi piece because you lost all the cool little game pieces that come in monopoly.

Very true! Sometimes I think I'm being too literal when I look at the size of my avatar walking around compared to the size of some of the buildings. I mean, how can he/she fit into some of those?! The gazebo is massive. It's bigger than Sabina's house! It's really excessive and I wish everything wasn't 3x3 so we could make better use of our VERY LIMITED decorating space. A gazebo shouldn't take up more than 2x2, I would think. Also... THE NEON. Someone please make the 1980s neon stop!

CottageRose
08-03-14, 06:34 PM
The cushions in the gazebo are also neon-bright. Fortunately, they don't show much from the sides or back, so I took the Library out of my wizards college, to fit the gazebo into a sideways corner. Still don't know where to put the library now, but worse case I can swap it back and forth with Old Thomas house, the Conservatory or the Pergola as needed for particular quests... Thank heavens for shipower running point and giving us heads up, if I have to do a lot of building swapping. :)

brdwybaby
08-03-14, 09:30 PM
The cushions in the gazebo are also neon-bright. Fortunately, they don't show much from the sides or back, so I took the Library out of my wizards college, to fit the gazebo into a sideways corner. Still don't know where to put the library now, but worse case I can swap it back and forth with Old Thomas house, the Conservatory or the Pergola as needed for particular quests... Thank heavens for shipower running point and giving us heads up, if I have to do a lot of building swapping. :)

The gazebo cushions are the brightest things in-game! They're like... offensively bright! I had to rotate it so I couldn't see them as much and surround the gazebo in trees so I wasn't forced to look at the cushions or the slime grass surrounding the thing.

55lee55
08-04-14, 09:46 AM
Look at this new graphic. This is not the carefully rendered, magnificently detailed graphic we have all come to know and love from our beloved CS. This looks like a pink blob. What is going on with our game? I guess I should have known it was too good to last! Between this, the new bugs with the last update and the icon fiasco, I am having a sad day. Please, TL, don't ruin this game! I guess I'm going to have to stop buying gems in protest. These developments really suck.

Already did stop buying gems. While I am pleased with the new story line continuation, the graphics that made CS so special do appear to be trending toward a kiddie game. I am getting very tired of the slime that I saw mentioned somewhere. One tree with a face is a creative graphic addition. Every tree with a face means I need to turn them around so they look lopsided because I am a grown woman and there are plenty of cute neon face trees, but only one Castle Story. But when CS is trending toward trying to please the preschool demographics and I am as high as I can go, fully expanded at Level 50 with Sister,Sister the only quest in my book (although it only needs one more Inscription and I have three), and in this last group of Fortunes I don't get a reward at all once I got past the first one because they are all aimed at things Mid level players may run short of, but I am full of them so I don't even see what the reward was, I am no longer rushing to stock up at sales.

Why spend gems when the new CS is seemingly turning around mid-game and aiming at my grandkids? I found myself forgetting to look for the update this week, although it was the best I have aeen in a long time, but again there is that bag, which I agree looks a lot like Bella's Baubles run through a color filter to make it, well... neon?

Love the peony fence but the amount I could purchase was very limited, something I don't understand. Why there is a limit on things such as fences if you have reached the upper Level limit? There is no way to limit up from here to get more, TL.

Despite a few promising items such as the fence low enough to see over and a new Adventure (which puts an unfortunate strain on my already strained Kitchens), it seems to me that CS is alternating overall between flopping around like a Butterfish out of water, and spirialing down whatever hole the trolls dissappeared down.

Even whacking Dire Boars has lost it's appeal when maybe one in three will drop anything at all! I hate wasting eight energy to get nothing. Repeatedly. TL is going to need to work for my gems now because I am no longer convinced they can do no wrong, lol