PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Obstacles

zenobia42
07-31-14, 01:53 PM
Below is a diagram of the total cost (in coins) to remove all obstacles from each expansion plot that I had notes on. The cost for the expansion itself is dependent on how many expansions you have made already (except the plots with the Treent of Life and Hareon). The idea is that once you have expanded to the mine, you have a choice as to where to expand. This is to help you determine the hidden cost of each expansion. Those of us who started playing when the game was new had much less choice in the matter. We had only the first island, then the lower ice island, then the upper ice island to choose from. But those who started later can save a TN of time and a TON of coins by putting off those islands other than the first 5 squares of the lower to get the lightning leopard, which you really, really need.

My recommendation for the order in which to expand:
Once the mine has been reached, expand to the 3 squares in a line from the mine going southwest. You need cheap space fast to earn income.
Then go to the first blue island. It's cheaper than the bottom row on the main island, and if you expand up the left side and across the top, you get the Lightning Leopard - getting that lightning element ASAP is crucial.
Then open up all of the first purple island (with the Hareon).
Then finish off the bottom of the island we start off on.
Then the second green island. I recommend going up the right side of it to the Treent of Life. That way, when you have the 10 million to open that plot, you actually can.
Then fill in the other half of that island and the other half of the first blue island as suits you, and/or in order from least to most expensive.
Don't bother with the top blue island at all until EVERYTHING else has been opened. And be thankful you have the 26 plots on the second green and both purple islands available to you before having to resort to the absolute horror of this island that those of us who were around from the beginning had no choice but to resort to because we didn't have those 26 plots. They opened after we spent weeks and millions per single plot and reached the 70 runes expansion phase. It sux to be us. Be very glad you can expand for much less than half the price we had, and can clear most obstacles in 20 minutes not 33 hours. The top blue island should be avoided until EVERYTHING else has been opened.

That said, feel free to forge your own path! My recommendations are just that. If you like filling out one island before starting another, go for it! But go for it with the knowledge of what its hidden costs are. :)

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/FFS/ffs-5islands_zps9d5j6mny.jpg

igames4me
07-31-14, 02:03 PM
Agree these are way to expensive

Here is a pic
http://i61.tinypic.com/ehm4i.jpg

Sinkstones( closest to all farms) costs 18000
Symphoning cypress( next to si ketones ) costs 30,000
Toxic sycamores costs 45,000
Immovable rock ( the corner ) costs 180,000

Please tl lower these costs

zenobia42
07-31-14, 02:06 PM

Way too expensive AND they make the square nearly unusable until you clear them! What's the point of paying a ton of coins to get access to a square... then get no access?!

How much does that rock pile on the waterfall square cost to remove?

midnightmeerkat
07-31-14, 02:12 PM
The expansions and obstacles are expensive but I've found you can make money reasonably quickly if you have lots of neighbours, visit them and collect the sparkles often.

midnightmeerkat
07-31-14, 02:19 PM

Here is a pic
http://i61.tinypic.com/ehm4i.jpg

Sinkstones( closest to all farms) costs 18000
Symphoning cypress( next to si ketones ) costs 30,000
Toxic sycamores costs 45,000
Immovable rock ( the corner ) costs 180,000

Please tl lower these costs

The square that you are currently expanding has a wicked thicket which costs 100,000 to clear, the next one has a poisonous pumice 90,000

The 1st expansion on the next island has 5 things to clear with a total cost to clear of 32,000

benjessie
07-31-14, 05:24 PM
The square that you are currently expanding has a wicked thicket which costs 100,000 to clear, the next one has a poisonous pumice 90,000

The 1st expansion on the next island has 5 things to clear with a total cost to clear of 32,000

These things are WAY too expensive to clear. I agree, what's the point of expanding when you have more to clear afterward? I honestly think that both the expansions AND the clearing should be lowered in price. I hope TL lowers it, just like they lowered the price of the Dark Cove habitat.

zenobia42
08-01-14, 07:24 PM

Thanks! Based on that, I am opening up the one on the next island now which is only 32k to clear rather than the 3 on the bottom which are 90k, 100k and 180k. Gotta love the friendly helpful advice here - it's saving me about 60k right now!

zenobia42
08-02-14, 09:33 AM
The second square on the second island has 5 obstacles that cost a total of 55,000 coins to clear.

my607
08-02-14, 11:29 AM
I got no explosives from breeding a three hour animal. Is that normal?

my607
08-02-14, 11:30 AM
Maybe I got it before and forgot.

55lee55
08-02-14, 02:44 PM
I got no explosives at least twice that I remember from breeding a three hour animal.

Unfortunately I almost always get a three hour animal whenever red and green are in the mix, even if I am mixing four elements and not just red and green.

I am beginning to think of that ferrett as a booby prize and a nuisance. But they are probably a protected species.

SANDSCApe
08-03-14, 01:05 AM
I got no explosives from breeding a three hour animal. Is that normal?

It seems to be 1 bomb for every 6 hours of breeding with no rounding up. If that's the case, you will get no explosives when you breed any creature with 1-5 hours.
E.g. Plantlers (9hrs): 1 bomb
Armordillo (12hrs): 2 bombs
Fairy Ferret (3hrs): 0 bombs
Skyger (7hrs): 1 bomb
Crystal Unicorn (45hrs): 7 bombs

my607
08-03-14, 06:14 AM
Now it's removing the trees that's so costly when you are trying to expand. Why does everything have to be so expensive. I just spent $43,000 on clearing trees it shouldn't be that much.

my607
08-03-14, 06:15 AM
Another obstacle I get when expanding is not getting runes in time.

my607
08-03-14, 06:30 AM
TL can't you lower the cost of removing the trees because everywhere you expand there's lots of trees. It makes it difficult to save not to mention the habitat are costly too.

hansmolln
08-03-14, 08:00 AM
I've expanded so often that an expansion costs 100.000 coins and 10 ruins at the moment! If that keeps getting more expensive as well, it will be even more of a problem than those obstacles that one has to clear to really be able to use the space.

At least I was finally able to remove those stupid "immovable rocks" for 180k. It takes 18 hours to clear them....

my607
08-03-14, 08:37 AM
Wow, that's very expensive. I hate it when it takes so long to clear the trees and rocks. That so annoying not to mention other things.

zenobia42
08-03-14, 09:55 AM
The third square on the second island has 6 obstacles. Thankfully they are all in the rear, so you can immediately drop a 3x3 on the square. The total cost of removing them all is 80,000 coins.

I am going to go back to my OP and put a summary in there of all the expensive squares.

hansmolln
08-04-14, 05:22 AM
the fourth and at least for me at level 25 last square on the frost island has one rock on it that costs 100k to remove

at the moment I can't expand any further! :(

my607
08-04-14, 07:49 AM
I wished we could move the trees and rock the way we want it to be.

SANDSCApe
08-04-14, 02:02 PM
the fourth and at least for me at level 25 last square on the frost island has one rock on it that costs 100k to remove

at the moment I can't expand any further! :(

I'm on Level 18 with the 13th expansion in progress. It was the only one offered, whereas we've had a choice between 2 plots from the 7th to 12th expansions. Supposedly, the 13th is the last for now, whichever plot you left for last. In my case it's the Pumice plot in that uppermost corner of the first cliff.
After this, I guess I'll start tackling the most costly obstacles until they unlock more expansions.
I know of someone whose runes are maxed out in storage and has nothing to expand.

myndisue
08-04-14, 03:55 PM
I got no explosives at least twice that I remember from breeding a three hour animal.

Unfortunately I almost always get a three hour animal whenever red and green are in the mix, even if I am mixing four elements and not just red and green.

I am beginning to think of that ferrett as a booby prize and a nuisance. But they are probably a protected species.
Bwahahaha! I'm beginning to hate those little ferrets! That seems to be all I can breed in my 2nd preserve. Which means I can't get explosives to expand! Getting to be very monotonous and boring... Already!

SANDSCApe
08-04-14, 04:30 PM
Bwahahaha! I'm beginning to hate those little ferrets! That seems to be all I can breed in my 2nd preserve. Which means I can't get explosives to expand! Getting to be very monotonous and boring... Already!
Then don't breed Nature-Fire. That family is at the bottom of the pit when it comes to earnings or explosives.

my607
08-05-14, 12:16 PM
I hate that I can't move the immovable rock because its in my way. If I was able to move it then I can add another habitat in that area. It's so annoying. It would be nice if they were movable.

zenobia42
08-19-14, 09:01 PM
Added to the OP the new first new expansion that was added today. If anyone has data on the second new expansion (and more if there are more expansions), please post and I will add to the OP.

It appears that however many expansions there are (2 or more), they are continuing to only allow expansion on that island in a certain order.

rivalotka2
08-20-14, 05:33 AM
Cost to clear first new expansion... 90,000
Cost to clear second expansion... 450,000

my607
08-20-14, 08:08 AM
Everything is just so expensive here. You save enough then u have to clear land or buy habitat or expand.

willb09
08-20-14, 11:25 AM
Everything is just so expensive here. You save enough then u have to clear land or buy habitat or expand.

I agree. I thought I was doing good, then the new expansions came out, and I'm back to poor. I haven't even cleared the junk out yet.

Anyuszko
08-20-14, 01:16 PM
Second obstacle takes 33. Hrs and 20 mins to clear.

samanthaxrose
08-20-14, 03:28 PM
Is it only two?? I can't expand beyond 2 more..

zenobia42
08-20-14, 03:56 PM
Is it only two?? I can't expand beyond 2 more..

Yep, only 2. For now anyway. It will take me ages to save up enough to clear the Harmful Hemlocks from the second new expansion anyway.

What is the point of supposedly giving us 2 new expansions, finally, then making the one so incredibly expensive AND time-consuming once you've started clearing it, that the vast majority of us will not be able to actually USE the space for a week? Sigh. 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this game.

Anyuszko
08-21-14, 12:37 AM
I switched almost all my habitats from big to small ones, filled with duplicates instead of selling them. Got crystal unicorn and then breed 3 emeralds. Now I earn about 700.000 coins a day. It is very important to build your own "money machine" farm. This way, expensive obstacles would be no problem.

SANDSCApe
08-21-14, 02:01 AM
Expansion #14 (5th plot on ice cliff):
12 runes, 200,000 coins & 4 hours to expand*;
90,000 coins & 25 hours to clear Burdening Birches (3x3 squares)
Total cost: 12 runes, 290,000 coins & 29 hours.

Expansion #15 (6th plot on ice cliff):
12 runes, 200,000 coins & 4 hours to expand*;
450,000 coins & 33:20 hours to clear Harmful Hemlocks (3x3 squares)
Total cost: 12 runes, 650,000 coins & 38 hours.

940,000 coins may seem like a great cost to expand and clear 2 plots, but I jumped on them without hesitation. Both clearings are still in progress. When you sit around for a couple weeks, waiting for a badly needed expansion, coins tend to pile up. Now the runes are piling up again because we got two and only two new expansions. Ah well...

*I need someone to verify the expansion times and correct them if necessary. All other data are accurate.

SANDSCApe
08-21-14, 02:26 AM
When the clearings are done tomorrow, I'll be able to have 29 habitats instead of my current 27/31.
In order to have 31, I would have to sell 4 big habitats and buy 8 small ones, leaving me with only 1 big habitat. That's outrageously ridiculous!

hansmolln
08-21-14, 02:26 AM
Now the runes are piling up again because we got two and only two new expansions. Ah well...

At least now with the increased limit they are actually piling up! I don't even want to think about how many runes we wasted in the meantime.

Anyuszko
08-21-14, 03:14 AM
When the clearings are done tomorrow, I'll be able to have 29 habitats instead of my current 27/31.
In order to have 31, I would have to sell 4 big habitats and buy 8 small ones, leaving me with only 1 big habitat. That's outrageously ridiculous!

I will have 30/31, with 4 big ones. (after all cleared also flower re-bought).
I also have 4 grand farms, and 2 small ones.

SANDSCApe
08-21-14, 07:45 AM
I will have 30/31, with 4 big ones. (after all cleared also flower re-bought).
I also have 4 grand farms, and 2 small ones.

Yes, that layout is working and looks great. If you wanted to squeeze in the 31st habitat, you would have to sell 2 of your current big ones, then build 4 small ones. Now I KNOW you wouldn't consider that, because your 3 biggies include a Big Water Way and a Big Dark Cove. LOL There's also the option of downsizing the farms and dumping the Evolution Flower again, but why bother?

For all the efforts to make the best use of such limited space. we don't absolutely need all 31 habitats. Once we've reached a point where we are producing an abundance of coins, there's really no urgency to pack in the maximum number of habitats. It just would have been nice to be able to max out without ridiculous counter-productive sacrifices.

Players who are still working on building up wealth (who find it painful to raise and spend a few hundred thousand on a single expansion), should avoid big habitats for a long time and instead work with the maximum number of small habitats to build wealth.

Anyuszko
08-21-14, 07:55 AM
Yes, that layout is working and looks great. If you wanted to squeeze in the 31st habitat, you would have to sell 2 of your current big ones, then build 4 small ones. Now I KNOW you wouldn't consider that, because your 3 biggies include a Big Water Way and a Big Dark Cove. LOL There's also the option of downsizing the farms and dumping the Evolution Flower again, but why bother?

For all the efforts to make the best use of such limited space. we don't absolutely need all 31 habitats. Once we've reached a point where we are producing an abundance of coins, there's really no urgency to pack in the maximum number of habitats. It just would have been nice to be able to max out without ridiculous counter-productive sacrifices.

Players who are still working on building up wealth (who find it painful to raise and spend a few hundred thousand on a single expansion), should avoid big habitats for a long time and instead work with the maximum number of small habitats to build wealth.

Thank you. :) Your is great as well :))

I am not planning to build the 31th habitat (for record or something), now I am pleased with my ones. What I am currently planning (in case we dont have a big update or many expansions, which may turn my plans away) that I want to change the south-west layout from dark-water habitats to dark-gem ones (which requires building 4 more gem habs and selling water ones), and to breed at least 4 more emerald dragons. But first I want to complete my album if I can and not breeding any more emerald (because of its time consuming "price").

I enjoy FS now much more than DS :)

zenobia42
08-21-14, 09:40 AM
I switched almost all my habitats from big to small ones, filled with duplicates instead of selling them. Got crystal unicorn and then breed 3 emeralds. Now I earn about 700.000 coins a day. It is very important to build your own "money machine" farm. This way, expensive obstacles would be no problem.

If I could GET a crystal unicorn then emerald, I'd be happy to ditch other habitats to make gem ones and rake in the dough. But for as long as the game refuses to give me a unicorn, I am stuck at a low enough income that I cannot afford to put a bunch of small habitats, with teeny tiny capacities that max out in minutes and therefore lose tons and tons of coins... in place of my large habitats which only max out on me overnight. As long as I am denied the unicorn, I can NOT get good income no matter what I do. It is VERY frustrating.

SANDSCApe
08-21-14, 03:21 PM
If I could GET a crystal unicorn then emerald, I'd be happy to ditch other habitats to make gem ones and rake in the dough. But for as long as the game refuses to give me a unicorn, I am stuck at a low enough income that I cannot afford to put a bunch of small habitats, with teeny tiny capacities that max out in minutes and therefore lose tons and tons of coins... in place of my large habitats which only max out on me overnight. As long as I am denied the unicorn, I can NOT get good income no matter what I do. It is VERY frustrating.

I was doing quite well for income before any Unicorn showed up. Not much variety from breeding back then, but my panda farming worked so well that a large part of it is still on my forest. I've looked at yours, and it could produce more income if your creatures were better housed. You need only one Fire habitat (may as well be big). The only other type of habitat that needs to be big are Earth. Big Nature is okay, but any super-rare Nature hybrids are better off on Earth, Water or Dark habitats.

You have duplicate Ponies, Armordillos, Turtles, Ferrets and even Rhinos, all of whom earn less than Pandas at the same level. They are wasting space that could be used by better earners. E.g., You don't need the extra Skyger. The baby Planther on the Dark Cove would serve better on Nature and give that spot to your Gargolem who earns too much for the Earth habitat. The baby turtle should also move to Nature so that your Griffin can use the Water.

Apart from ultra-rares and panda farming, hybrids coming from Dark-Water-Earth parents were my earners. I make sure super-rare Darks live on Dark. Super-rare Water-Earth or Water-Nature hybrids live on Water whenever possible. You would fare better with more Water habitats and fewer Fire habitats. Four small Nature homes use less space than three big Fire homes but hold only 300 coins less in total, plus they allow for more bonuses. When I had mostly commons, I made a lot more from visitor bonuses that from the creatures' earnings.

As with any game like this, farming the cheap set-ups requires one to collect very frequently at first. But it works out, and the more super-rares you house and raise in the higher capacity habitats, the less often you'll need to collect as you go forward. Don't tell yourself that you can't build wealth without a Unicorn.

You seem to be managing okay. All expansions done and only that last 3x3 obstacle to clear. It's hardly urgent, especially with so many stone paths running between your habitats.

SANDSCApe
08-21-14, 04:06 PM
Thank you. :) Your is great as well :))

I am not planning to build the 31th habitat (for record or something), now I am pleased with my ones. What I am currently planning (in case we dont have a big update or many expansions, which may turn my plans away) that I want to change the south-west layout from dark-water habitats to dark-gem ones (which requires building 4 more gem habs and selling water ones), and to breed at least 4 more emerald dragons. But first I want to complete my album if I can and not breeding any more emerald (because of its time consuming "price").

I enjoy FS now much more than DS :)

Dude! "Breed at least 4 more Emerald Dragons"? "4 more gem habs"?
STOP!!!
When they introduce other gem hybrids, we are going to cry long tears about having to sell our precious "emmies", and NOBODY is going to feel sorry for us. LOL

zenobia42
09-08-14, 09:12 PM
I edited the OP to include some of the newer information but I missed a few in the middle - can anyone find the info on the prices and names, and times if possible, on the obstacles on the expansions to the lightning leopard, and the next 3 available expansions? I am afraid I did did not keep notes on those. But I would like this thread to be thorough. :)

SANDSCApe
09-09-14, 10:15 AM
Lower Ice Cliff Plots 1-6:
(1-3 are from right to left; 4-6 are from left to right. This is how they originally unlocked. Players who expand to this cliff after Aug 27 will have more flexibility in direction.)

Plot 1. Frozen Fir (25K) x 1; Seeping Cedar (2500) x 2; Mushy Bush (1250) x 2. Total of 32.5K coins to clear.
Plot 2. Frozen Fir (25K) x 2; Seeping Cedar (2500) x 1; Mushy Bush (1250) x 2. Total of 55K coins to clear.
Plot 3. Frozen Fir (25K) x 3; Seeping Cedar (2500) x 1; Mushy Bush (1250) x 2. Total of 80K coins to clear.
(I don't have clearance times for the above trees.)
Plot 4. Radiating Rock (100K coins & 21.7 hours) x 1
Plot 5. Burdening Birches (90K coins & 25 hours) x 1
Plot 6. Harmful Hemlocks (450K coins & 33.3 hours) x 1
Note that Plot 4 may have one or two trees to clear along with the major obstacle noted.

Plot 7 is the Lightning Leopard expansion with no obstacles to clear.
Plots 7-13 of the Lower Ice Cliff are covered in the Lightning Animals/Expansions 8-28-14 thread.

SANDSCApe
09-09-14, 11:08 AM
The cost to expand is not fixed to any specific plot. The first five expansions are in an assigned order on the first Green Cliff. Your 6th expansion will offer you more than one plot to choose from and you can opt to skip Plots 6-9 on the Green Cliff and move on to the Ice Cliff. Track your expansions by counting the plots you have already explored (even if they are not cleared).
Note that the first 11 plots on the Green Cliff did not require expansion, so don't count those.

Expansion costs are as follows:
Everybody's 1st: 0 Runes & 1K coins
Everybody's 2nd: 0 Runes & 10K coins
Everybody's 3rd: 0 Runes & 20K coins
Everybody's 4th & 5th: 2 Runes & 25K coins & 5 minutes
YOUR 6th & 7th: 4 Runes & 30K coins & 20 minutes
YOUR 8th & 9th: 6 Runes & 40K coins & 1 hour
YOUR 10th & 11th: 8 Runes & 50K coins & 2 hours
YOUR 12th & 13th: 10 Runes & 100K coins & 3 hours
YOUR 14th & 15th: 12 Runes & 200K coins & 4 hours
YOUR 16th & 17th: 14 Runes & 500K coins & 5 hours
YOUR 18th & 19th: 16 Runes & 1M coins & 6 hours
YOUR 20th & 21st: 18 Runes & 1M coins & 7 hours
YOUR 22nd & 23rd: 20 Runes & 1M coins & 8 hours
I have done 22 expansions so don't know the cost of the 24th one yet. But we can see a clear pattern.

Players who skipped the last 4 plots on the Green Cliff could expand to the Lightning Leopard for as little as 8 Runes & 50K coins in 2 hours, if that was only their 10th expansion. Those who had already expanded 15 plots by the time the Lightning expansion opened would pay 14 Runes & 500K coins with a longer wait. Ultimately, all progress comes at the same cumulative cost. Skip smartly if/when you can!

zenobia42
09-09-14, 11:43 AM
I created a new map legend and list in the OP including the info I have up to this point:

EDIT: Here is the list I am putting together of the hidden cost for expansions once you have unearthed (pun intended) the mine. Because they get VERY expensive, I thought people who scrimped and saved and bombed to get expansions might find it helpful to know which have more or less "Hidden Costs" than the others to make actually usable.

Thanks to igames4me for the image I used to make this chart. Following are all the "Hidden Costs" (in coins) for expansion:
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14636
Island 1, after expanding to mine:
Sinkstones: 18,000
Siphoning Cypress: 30,000
Toxic Sycamores: 45,000
Poisonous Pumice: 90,00
Wicked Thicket: 100,000
Immovable Rock 180,000

Island 2:
1) Various obstacles totaling 27,500
2) Various obstacles totaling 55,000
3) Various obstacles totaling 80,000
4) Radiating Rock 100,000
5) Unlock electric animals and habitats, receive "free" Lightning Leopard and Electric Enclave on that square.
6) 1,250 + 2,000 + 25,000 obstacles + Radiating Rock (100,000 2x2 and 21:40) = 128,250
7) 100,000 rock + 250,000 Fail Shale (33:20) = 350,000
8) 2 Fail Shales = 500,000
9) 1 Frozen Fir (25,000) + 3 Fail Shales (250,000). Total = 775,000.
Expanding here opens the first square of Island 3 (#10 on my legend map).
A) Burdening Birches (25:00): 90,000
B) Harmful Hemlocks (33:20): 450,000
C) 2 Fail Shales + 1 Radiating Rock. Total = 600,000
D) 1 Fail Shale + 1 Harmful Hemlocks. Total = 700,000
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15380
Island 3:
10) 1 Radiating Rock (100,000 2x2) + 3 Fail Shales (250,000). Total = 850,000
E) 1 Harmful Hemlock + at least 2 Fail Shales. Total = at least 950,000
F) unknown

NOTE: On islands 2 and 3, where I numbered plots, you must expand here in order to unlock other expansions. The lettered plots are more what I'd call optional... however in some cases they may be preferable to continuing on the numbered path for cost efficiency. E.g. unless you are itching to get a foothold on Island 3, taking the path of 8-C-D-9 before expanding there is the cheaper route.

Thanks to SANDScape and Anyuszko for info on the expansions beyond the lightning leopard square.

I will continue to update as folks provide more, and/or corrections.

SANDSCApe
09-09-14, 03:16 PM
I'm chuckling at myself as I look at the above map. Of COURSE I had to go 8-9-10-E, because I guess I had that itch Zenobia's talking about. Now I'm dying for some antihistamine ointment. It's prickly up there!

Actually, once you're done with 7, you may as well double back and expand A & B, if you skipped them. As expensive as they are, they are still more affordable than 8, C, D, & 9.

Every new expense is shocking ... until you encounter what comes later. LOL

Anyuszko
09-12-14, 06:39 AM
Expansion "F" (on Sand's pic, see above): 2 radiating rocks and 4 fail shades, a total of 1.2mill to clear.
Next expansion costs 1mill, 26 runes for me.
Also you can see the ways for future expands.

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/expf.png

zenobia42
09-12-14, 06:46 AM
Expansion "F" (on Sand's pic, see above): 2 radiating rocks and 4 fail shades, a total of 1.2mill to clear.
Next expansion costs 1mill, 26 runes for me.
Also you can see the ways for future expands.
(image clipped)

Thanks, Anyuszko, I'll add that info to my OP.

Also wondering, would it be more clear to everyone out there if I number all of isle 2 with just numbers, in ascending price order? (And quickest/cheapest route from start to getting the lightning leopard.)As in, no A, B, C, D, but re-number it all from 1-13.

Petasos
09-12-14, 02:40 PM
So the one directly north of 10 which is not numbered or lettered, has 4 fail shades (4x250k) and 2 little bushes I forget the name but they were about 2500 a piece ish', sorry I do not remember the exact price. Cleared them right away and didn't pay attention. I have only 5 left on the upper shelf and my next expansion is 1 million and 30 Realm Runes.

I totally agree with zenobia and think the entire thing should be redone with just numbers. Not sure why letters were started there is no rhyme or reason to the system. Nor is it complete as the square I am referencing is not tagged.

zenobia42
09-12-14, 03:05 PM
So the one directly north of 10 which is not numbered or lettered, has 4 fail shades (2x250k) and 2 little bushes I forget the name but they were about 2500 a piece ish', sorry I do not remember the exact price. Cleared them right away and didn't pay attention. I have only 5 left on the upper shelf and my next expansion is 1 million and 30 Realm Runes.

I totally agree with zenobia and think the entire thing should be redone with just numbers. Not sure why letters were started there is no rhyme or reason to the system. Nor is it complete as the square I am referencing is not tagged.

I will re-do with numbers. I was the one who created the graphic in the first place, and when I first did it, A & B were available for expansion but not the lightning leopard spot. Then when that spot and the ton of others opened up, I thought it prudent to make sure people knew that you did not have to expand to A&B despite all their high-level neighbors having done so. They were not necessary to get to the leopard. Then I thought if anything interesting shows up on island 3, the shortest path there is what is most relevant to people and so called C&D "optional" like A&B. Anyway, it did make sense at the time. To me anyway, LOL! I will change all of island 2 to numbers, and in the cheapest to most expensive order, and give island 3 only letters. bbs!

Petasos
09-12-14, 03:55 PM
I will re-do with numbers. I was the one who created the graphic in the first place, and when I first did it, A & B were available for expansion but not the lightning leopard spot. Then when that spot and the ton of others opened up, I thought it prudent to make sure people knew that you did not have to expand to A&B despite all their high-level neighbors having done so. They were not necessary to get to the leopard. Then I thought if anything interesting shows up on island 3, the shortest path there is what is most relevant to people and so called C&D "optional" like A&B. Anyway, it did make sense at the time. To me anyway, LOL! I will change all of island 2 to numbers, and in the cheapest to most expensive order, and give island 3 only letters. bbs!
Sorry not trying to pick on you, just seems a little silly now a week or two later. I did not know the original system. Any I edited my post I should have put 4 x 250 for the fail shades or 1 million, I put 2 on accident.

zenobia42
09-12-14, 04:02 PM
Sorry not trying to pick on you, just seems a little silly now a week or two later. I did not know the original system. Any I edited my post I should have put 4 x 250 for the fail shades or 1 million, I put 2 on accident.

Don't worry - I don't feel picked on at all! I wanted to revise it to make it more relevant to the game today. I only asked because I was worried people would be upset at me changing it around. For all I know, only those of us who put this info together actually look at it anyway, lol.

So, it's done. :) ... until the other 4 plots are explored.

SANDSCApe
09-12-14, 05:12 PM
Going with Zenobia's relabeled map (first page), we have expansions done on Plots A-D (sounds like Petasos did C). But it would be great if people could tell us what is behind the Harmful Hemlocks on B, or what trees were with the Fail Shales on C. I know the trees aren't major, but let's try to provide all the information that we can.

If I can raise 1 million coins by tomorrow, I will expand C and see what the trees are. My only options are Plots 12, C & D. This will be my 24th expansion and will cost 22 Runes and 1M coins. I haven't been clearing plots; just expanding to spend down my runes.

Based on what Petasos and Anyuszko have reported, it sounds like the cost in runes is increasing in larger increments now. Can someone verify this? Did you go from 22 runes for the 24th expansion to 26 runes for the 25th, then 30 runes for the 26th? (If you've cleared everything on the lower cliffs and have only 5 plots left on the upper ice cliff, then you are about to do your 26th expansion.)

Petasos
09-12-14, 06:23 PM
I have D-H left, 5 plots, and I am out of mines so it will be a while. As I said the next plot is 30 runes and 1million. I think they will all be 1 million but increase the rune count. All plots for me are cleared as I have no need to keep the money. Runes are the limiter. I think it was 26 runes on the previous plot. Sorry I am not more accurate. And the two bushes(not trees) on C were 2250 each I think. Sorry again for not paying attention.

EviBrooklyn
09-12-14, 06:48 PM
I still don't get it how do we make money by visiting neighbors?

zenobia42
09-12-14, 07:26 PM
I still don't get it how do we make money by visiting neighbors?

Indirectly.

If you visit a neighbor and pop some stars in their forest, it will show up in their news feed. Making it more likely they will visit you and return the favor. IF your visit is still on their newsfeed the next time they check in the game with time enough to go visiting. The newsfeed is extremely short in this game.

When you look at your park, if any of your habitats are sparkling, that means a neighbor popped your stars. And when you collect from that habitat, you get an extra 250 gold, from each habitat that is sparkling. That is why it is a very good idea to collect from any of your habitats you see sparkling right away. Because if you collect from the sparkling habitat, the next neighbor to visit you will see stars they can pop over it. If all your habitats are already sparkling, they can't give you that $250 times 6.

NOTE: the 250 gold is once you reach a high level. At lower levels, the amount is less, and grows slowly.
ALSO NOTE: in the last app store game update the sparkles were, IMO, messed up. If you see a sparkling habitat in your forest, and not the coin over it indicating it's getting full, and tap it, the number on the bottom of your screenon the "collect" button is now WRONG. It does not reflect the additional sparkle money. But if you tap the collect button, the correct amount will show in the animation, and the correct amount added to your total coin count.

Sorry if I am over-explaining things you already know.I have a tendency to be over-thorough in my posts lol.

EviBrooklyn
09-12-14, 07:55 PM
Oh wow thanks for the explanation. I had no clue

zenobia42
09-12-14, 08:45 PM
Oh wow thanks for the explanation. I had no clue

Always glad to help! :)

SANDSCApe
09-13-14, 10:17 AM
Now verifying the exact plants reported by Petasos for Upper Ice Cliff Plot C. They were Mushy Bushes for 1250 coins each.
Total cost of 1,002,500 coins to clear 4 Fail Shales and 2 Mushy Bushes.
Reference photo shows Cleared Plot A (marked by blue flowers), uncleared Plot B (marked by stone paths) and uncleared Plot C.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps14cac972.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps14cac972.jpg.html)

Options for my next Ice Cliff expansion are plots 12, D & H. Since 12 & D are already reported, I will explore H next; maybe Monday. Someone else may get there sooner.

my607
09-13-14, 12:13 PM
So expensive is all I have to say. My second blue cliff cost $450,000 just for like a couple of trees and rocks. I still have a few expanding to do. These prices are ridiculous on top of that expanding prices so I just spent $950,000. I think the expanding prices should included the removal of trees and rocks. Please lower the prices TL. Some players won't be able to afford everything so they will quit.

my607
09-13-14, 12:15 PM
Then it takes 33 hours to remove everything and the space isn't that big.

cquinn32
09-14-14, 06:56 AM
Here is another plot: three fail shales and a harmful hemlock
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/27d4a1bb09876fb735b28455f01cc1dc_zpsa97cd94d.jpg

zenobia42
09-14-14, 10:18 AM
Here is another plot: three fail shales and a harmful hemlock
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/27d4a1bb09876fb735b28455f01cc1dc_zpsa97cd94d.jpg

Thanks, and added to the OP (it is plot "G").

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 01:28 AM
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3ce07268.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3ce07268.jpg.html)

Upper Ice Cliff Plot H (far corner):
Fail Shale (250K) x 4
Frozen Fir x 2 (25K) x 2
Seeping Cedar (2500) x 2
Total of 1,055,000 coins to clear

The adjacent plot marked by flowerbeds is C (previously reported).

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 02:06 AM
We are now missing information on only 2 plots -- E & F, to which I do not currently have access. Maybe Cquinn, Anayuszko or Petasos can cover those. Anyone who has done D or G can reach them.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps513afd90.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps513afd90.jpg.html)

Anyuszko
09-15-14, 03:05 AM
I can explore to E, but can start a little later (perhaps one more day), maybe someone else reached before me. If not, I will report.

cquinn32
09-15-14, 07:08 AM
Still waiting on runes but maybe tonight I can start F.

cquinn32
09-15-14, 07:11 AM
Thanks, and added to the OP (it is plot "G").

Ok but I noticed you have the totall for clearing it at 950,000 when it is actually 1,200,000 to clear.
Sorry, thanks

Splashy81
09-15-14, 06:31 PM
I grabbed this pic of the "E" plot...

cquinn32
09-16-14, 05:11 AM
Here is plot F: 6 fail shales 2 mushy bush 1 frozen fir. Total to clear 1,550,000
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/dc7e54b3a662b3501701254b02c6e399_zps954064c3.jpg

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 05:19 AM
Here is plot F: 6 fail shales 2 mushy bush 1 frozen fir. Total to clear 1,550,000
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/dc7e54b3a662b3501701254b02c6e399_zps954064c3.jpg

OMFG. That's the bank-buster right there. I was expecting that in Plot H. I just KNEW one of the far corners would have something even more outrageously disgusting than the rest. Can you believe these people?

Actually, I can't quite tell from Splashy's picture, but it looks like Plot E may have 6 Fail Shales also, along with 3 Frozen Firs.

cquinn32
09-16-14, 06:53 AM
OMFG. That's the bank-buster right there. I was expecting that in Plot H. I just KNEW one of the far corners would have something even more outrageously disgusting than the rest. Can you believe these people?

Actually, I can't quite tell from Splashy's picture, but it looks like Plot E may have 6 Fail Shales also, along with 3 Frozen Firs.

Yeah these prices are getting rediculous!! I'm afraid to see what the prices will be If we ever get to expand to the redish islands to the left. 34 runes required for next expansion.

Anyuszko
09-16-14, 07:23 AM
Yeah these prices are getting rediculous!! I'm afraid to see what the prices will be If we ever get to expand to the redish islands to the left. 34 runes required for next expansion.

You expanded already everywhere, and 34 runes required for the next (yet unavailable) expansion, is that you mean?

EviBrooklyn
09-16-14, 07:24 AM
My last expansion required 38 runes. I think it goes up by 4 for each new expansion

cquinn32
09-16-14, 07:25 AM
You expanded already everywhere, and 34 runes required for the next (yet unavailable) expansion, is that you mean?

No I still have 4 expansions left on that island

Anyuszko
09-16-14, 07:28 AM
These prices are high. However if you have maxed your habitats, filled with animals with good earnings (like any lighting common), you may earn ~ enough money in 3-4 days to explore,clear and build up one space (build up=upgrade a habitat to big one and place it on the newly explored/cleared space)

zenobia42
09-16-14, 09:11 AM
I have what I think is a very high earning rate for someone with no ultras (36,000 per hour). To save up for 1 expansion + a typical cost to clear + building a large dark or electric habitat takes me 3-4 days. So, pretty much exactly 2 per week. But for people who don't make 36,000 / hour, it would take longer.

my607
09-16-14, 09:32 AM
This is crazy. You save all money for clearing land. It should be one price to do the expanding . This is ridiculous

zenobia42
09-16-14, 09:49 AM
This is crazy. You save all money for clearing land. It should be one price to do the expanding . This is ridiculous

The price ARE ridiculous. But IMO what is even more ridiculous is the TIME. You save up forever to expand, then wait a few hours for the expansion to complete. Then you wait THIRTY THREE AND A QUARTER HOURS for the dam fail shales to clear... that is, IF you have the 250,000 coins it takes to clear ONE ready. Typically, it's wait while you save up a million over a couple days, wait while it expands, wait while you save up coins to clear, wait while it clears, then maybe halfway through that obstacle you have saved up enough to clear the next one. Then by the time the first obstacle clears, you have saved up to START on the third. Etc.

I may save up enough to clear a space every 2-4 days, but it takes FOREVER to actually make a single spot clear even just counting from when you've saved up the million and the bombs.

ETA: and now that I am at the maximum habitats, clearing a 3x3 portion of space I expand to is useless to me. I need all 16 squares of an expansion to be cleared to be able to move a small habitat that and then upgrade it.

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 10:11 AM
The cost to expand is not fixed to any specific plot. The first five expansions are in an assigned order on the first Green Cliff. Your 6th expansion will offer you more than one plot to choose from and you can opt to skip Plots 6-9 on the Green Cliff and move on to the Ice Cliff. Track your expansions by counting the plots you have already explored (even if they are not cleared).
Note that the first 11 plots on the Green Cliff did not require expansion, so don't count those.

Everybody's 1st: 0 Runes & 1K coins
Everybody's 2nd: 0 Runes & 10K coins
Everybody's 3rd: 0 Runes & 20K coins
Everybody's 4th & 5th: 2 Runes & 25K coins & 5 minutes
YOUR 6th & 7th: 4 Runes & 30K coins & 20 minutes
YOUR 8th & 9th: 6 Runes & 40K coins & 1 hour
YOUR 10th & 11th: 8 Runes & 50K coins & 2 hours
YOUR 12th & 13th: 10 Runes & 100K coins & 3 hours
YOUR 14th & 15th: 12 Runes & 200K coins & 4 hours
YOUR 16th & 17th: 14 Runes & 500K coins & 5 hours
YOUR 18th & 19th: 16 Runes & 1M coins & 6 hours
YOUR 20th & 21st: 18 Runes & 1M coins & 7 hours
YOUR 22nd & 23rd: 20 Runes & 1M coins & 8 hours
I have done 22 expansions so don't know the cost of the 24th one yet. But we can see a clear pattern.

Players who skipped the last 4 plots on the Green Cliff could expand to the Lightning Leopard for as little as 8 Runes & 50K coins in 2 hours, if that was only their 10th [or 11th] expansion. Those who had already expanded 15 plots by the time the Lightning expansion opened would pay 14 Runes & 500K coins with a longer wait. Ultimately, all progress comes at the same cumulative cost. Skip smartly if/when you can!

Expansion Costs (continued)
22nd & 23rd: 20 Runes & 1M coins & 8 hours
24th: 22 Runes & 1M coins & 9 hours
(Cost in Runes rises sharply, starting with the 25th expansion)
25th: 26 Runes & 1M coins & 10 hours
26th: 30 Runes & 1M coins & 11 hours
27th: 34 Runes & 1M coins & 12 hours
28th: 38 Runes & 1M coins & 13 hours
29th: 42 Runes & 1M coins & 14 hours
30th: 46 Runes & 1M coins & 15 hours
The last few are projected based on what players have reported for the 24th-28th expansions. If you get there and the costs (runes / coins) or times are different, please let us know.

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 10:28 AM
By pure chance, I took the least expensive route to the back of the Upper Ice Cliff: A-B-C-H.
The best course through the entire section now seems to be A-B-C-H... either G or D (same cost?), then... E? F? That depends upon what's actually on E. The pic we have doesn't make it clear whether there's a 6th Fail Shale there. If there is, better to do F then E.
I have 5 expansions left. After I go back and expand onto #12 down on the Lower Ice Cliff, I'm done for a while because I still have 3 explored plots that are not cleared. This is getting out of hand.

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 11:31 AM
The price ARE ridiculous. But IMO what is even more ridiculous is the TIME. You save up forever to expand, then wait a few hours for the expansion to complete. Then you wait THIRTY THREE AND A QUARTER HOURS for the dam fail shales to clear... that is, IF you have the 250,000 coins it takes to clear ONE ready. Typically, it's wait while you save up a million over a couple days, wait while it expands, wait while you save up coins to clear, wait while it clears, then maybe halfway through that obstacle you have saved up enough to clear the next one. Then by the time the first obstacle clears, you have saved up to START on the third. Etc.

I may save up enough to clear a space every 2-4 days, but it takes FOREVER to actually make a single spot clear even just counting from when you've saved up the million and the bombs.

ETA: and now that I am at the maximum habitats, clearing a 3x3 portion of space I expand to is useless to me. I need all 16 squares of an expansion to be cleared to be able to move a small habitat that and then upgrade it.

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that we are all more than a little insane here.

Let's say a player is expanding to the first plot on the Upper Ice Cliff after doing all expansions below. So this is his 23rd:
1 million coins plus 8 hours to expand Plot B.
850,000 coins plus 33 hours to clear obstacles.
170K coins plus 16 hours to upgrade to Big Water way on the cleared plot.
That's one of the cheapest projects up there.
2.02 million coins plus 57 hours with the net result of adding ONE animal. Let's not talk about how many animals he bred to produce the bombs for the 20 Runes!

Now consider another player looking to upgrade a Big Lightning Enclave with her 27th expansion to ... I dunno ... Plot D (still not the most expensive one):
1 million coins plus 12 hours to expand.
1.2 million coins plus 33 hours to clear (assuming she does it all at once).
730K coins plus 24 hours for the habitat.
2.93 million coins plus 69 hours, again to add ONE ANIMAL, after breeding for no less than 4 days straight to produce enough bombs to mine the 34 Runes she needed for this fool's errand.

My gosh. I'm ashamed that I did not take the time to assess this sooner. This is nothing short of pure madness. People, if we already have 31 habitats filled with animals, regardless of the habitat sizes, we DON'T need this additional space. Not at this obscene cost of coins, runes and time. I could almost rationalize doing it if you are under your habitat limit. Then each expansion might let you build to add 2-3 animals. But for most of us - those upgrading - it's ONE. Each of these crazy expansions allows us to add ONE animal to our forest. One.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 11:47 AM
Okay, I've come to the conclusion that we are all more than a little insane here.
2.93 million coins plus 69 hours, again to add ONE ANIMAL, after breeding for no less than 4 days straight to produce enough bombs to mine the 34 Runes she needed for this fool's errand.

My gosh. I'm ashamed that I did not take the time to assess this sooner. This is nothing short of pure madness. People, if we already have 31 habitats filled with animals, regardless of the habitat sizes, we DON'T need this additional space. Not at this obscene cost of coins, runes and time. I could almost rationalize doing it if you are under your habitat limit. Then each expansion might let you build to add 2-3 animals. But for most of us - those upgrading - it's ONE. Each of these crazy expansions allows us to add ONE animal to our forest. One.

For probably almost all of us, we can't afford the 1 million plus to clear without also saving up another couple days for that as well. So it's more than 69 hours.

Yes, it's TOTALLY insane. But we have no other use for our coins. You can only spend so many on food. The only other use for coins is upgrading to grand farms to be able to produce more food faster. I am actually seriously considering that my plot I'm currently clearing be used for another grand farm. I'd REALLY like to upgrade all my farms. You just can't make enough food to level animals from 10-15 with pears and bananas. I'm going to NEED those grand farms soon. The problem is, I will need to expand to fit them. :mad:

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 11:49 AM
We may not actually be adding an animal when we upgrade or build a new habitat. So another way to look at it is as added capacity. It may give an animal or two more room to earn; a higher ceiling before the habitat floods. Buying time, maybe. But no matter how you look at it, there's only so much a single habitat can add in time, earning capacity, animal space or whatever. It's hard to see how a single habitat upgrade can even begin to justify an investment of millions of coins plus days of waiting AND breeding AND mining.

We are going to feel even more *****ed if they lower these prices and times after we've come this far. Time to quit while we're ahead.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 01:22 PM
Another thing that stinks about expanding once you have reached the super-low habitat limit of 31 is that if your habitats are full, you cannot create new habitats unless you demolish an old one. So if your habitats are full, you have to sell off 2 animals to demolish that old habitat before making your new one. You CAN upgrade existing habitats without selling anything off but that means A) you lose the coins you would have gotten by selling the old one and more importantly B) you can NEVER change how many of what TYPE of habitat you have without selling animals and demolishing. For example, among my 31 full habitats, I now have 4 large and 1 small natures. If I want to replace the small nature with a large dark habitat, I can ONLY do that by selling two animals in such a way that I can rearrange and empty the small nature habitat before demolishing it. I am NOT liking that.

Anyuszko
09-17-14, 12:11 AM
I can now confirm that PLOT E contains 5x fail shades and 3x frozen firs, 5x250.000. and 3x25.000 = 1.325M to clear.

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 12:21 AM

Yes, it's TOTALLY insane. But we have no other use for our coins. You can only spend so many on food. The only other use for coins is upgrading to grand farms to be able to produce more food faster. I am actually seriously considering that my plot I'm currently clearing be used for another grand farm. I'd REALLY like to upgrade all my farms. You just can't make enough food to level animals from 10-15 with pears and bananas. I'm going to NEED those grand farms soon. The problem is, I will need to expand to fit them. :mad:

Oh yes! How could I forget? I said myself a while back that the Arctic sections were meant to relieve the coin-rich forests of their burdensome wealth and keep us keepers busy so we'll leave TeamLava's Support people alone.

Well now that they've raised the habitat limit to 41 with yesterday's update, let the senseless extravagant expansions resume! LOL At least we'll be able to build some ADDITIONAL habitats instead of only upgrading or trading one type for another.

EviBrooklyn
09-17-14, 05:23 PM
My up coming expansion requires 42 runes. Like I said before, each plot goes up by 4 runes

zenobia42
09-17-14, 05:38 PM
My up coming expansion requires 42 runes. Like I said before, each plot goes up by 4 runes

Ugh.

Though honestly, it is not collecting runes that is slowing my progress. It's the number of coins required, which is out of my league due to me having no ultra rares. :(

In good news though, the habitat cap increase is AWESOME. I now have 32 habitats and 9 expansions yet to be made. That exactly equals one large habitat per each expansion. We will need more expansions again if we are ever to have 41 large habitats, but that is a LONG way off for me and my measly no ultras income. I'll just try to be happy with one new large habitat every 5 days or so.

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 07:24 PM
Bah. If I knew we would get more habitats this soon, I wouldn't have upgraded so many. Then I could have plastered the place with small ones. Catch those sparkles. Still a greater source of coins than most animals.

Zenobia, for me, it's both the coins AND the runes that are hurdles. 2 runes for every 16 hours of this non-stop Thunderhawk parade is *****ing me because that's really 12 hours worth of runes. Expanding plus clearing amounts to about 2 million. That's more than a day's income even for the rich forests, and more than 2-3 day's income for most players. I won't say how many ultras I have because it offends people. But I still find myself waiting around for enough coins to expand. Or clear a whole plot. Or even buy a habitat.

It's a big bucket with a big ole hole in it. Making loads of coins but it pours right back out. I really don't want to go any further onto the Ice. But if I don't, then no more additional habitats for me. I've already packed away most of the decorations to make space.

EviBrooklyn
09-17-14, 07:27 PM
I just expanded on plot F and it needs $1,750,000 to clear it, plus $25,000 for a tree and 2500 for 2 bushes.

EviBrooklyn
09-17-14, 07:32 PM
Ugh.

Though honestly, it is not collecting runes that is slowing my progress. It's the number of coins required, which is out of my league due to me having no ultra rares. :(

In good news though, the habitat cap increase is AWESOME. I now have 32 habitats and 9 expansions yet to be made. That exactly equals one large habitat per each expansion. We will need more expansions again if we are ever to have 41 large habitats, but that is a LONG way off for me and my measly no ultras income. I'll just try to be happy with one new large habitat every 5 days or so.

The only reason I was able to make the funds to expand was that I was going for 20 apple/ 3 minutes ( not sure what they are called) and I was being cheap on the habitats, I would buy the small dark coves and big green and earth ones which are cheaper. Were having more financial problems here in FF than in real life lol ... I'm trying to manage and save however I can

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 08:16 PM
I just expanded on plot F and it needs $1,750,000 to clear it, plus $25,000 for a tree and 2500 for 2 bushes.

I'm not sure how you're arriving at this cost while Cquinn is reporting 1,550,000 (on page 7 of the thread).

6 Fail Shales, 1 Frozen Fir and 2 Mushy Bushes total 1,527,500 coins.
Shales (6x 250,000)
Fir (1x 25,000)
Mushy (2x 1,250)

Are you guys seeing different prices for these obstacles, perhaps?

EviBrooklyn
09-17-14, 08:57 PM
There are 7 shales. One is hidden behind the bush, difficult to see it
So it's 250,000 x 7

bluefoxcrystal
09-17-14, 09:34 PM
Quick question. How expensive (yes I know they'll be too expensive :p) are the actual expansions? I'd like to get everything expanded to and then just take my time and clear as I go ^^

cquinn32
09-18-14, 05:10 AM
There are 7 shales. One is hidden behind the bush, difficult to see it
So it's 250,000 x 7

In the process of clearing them now and I only count six
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/2ce4b391b7fce9ac60a3bc8590de748f_zpsaf6ec6b8.jpg

SANDSCApe
09-18-14, 05:37 AM
Quick question. How expensive (yes I know they'll be too expensive :p) are the actual expansions? I'd like to get everything expanded to and then just take my time and clear as I go ^^

It depends upon how many you've done already. After your 17th one overall, they will cost 1 million coins each just to expand. There is a full list on page 8 of this thread.

Expansion Costs
Follow this link.

EviBrooklyn
09-18-14, 06:23 AM
In the process of clearing them now and I only count six
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/2ce4b391b7fce9ac60a3bc8590de748f_zpsaf6ec6b8.jpg

I have 5 shales upfront but I think one belongs to plot E which cquinn didn't expand to yet so it makes it easier to see. My mistake, my apologies

Anyuszko
09-18-14, 06:31 AM
Sand, I see you already cleared plot B. Can you update this information:

B) 1 Harmful Hemlock + at least 2 Fail Shales. Total = at least 950,000

Did you find something else? I am clearing now these and want to know if there is something beneath HH which we cant see

SANDSCApe
09-18-14, 06:35 AM
I have 5 shales upfront but I think one belongs to plot E which cquinn didn't expand to yet so it makes it easier to see. My mistake, my apologies

Thank you! That last pic clears things up nicely and gives us a better view of the uncleared Plot E than we had before. Yes, that cluster of 5 Shales includes 1 belonging to E and 4 belonging to F.

EviBrooklyn
09-18-14, 06:51 AM
Here's a better picture of plots E & F (shales only)

Anyuszko
09-18-14, 06:52 AM
Plot E:

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/plot_e.png

bluefoxcrystal
09-18-14, 08:43 AM
1000000$?! Yikes! And thank you sand ^^ I did look at pg8. It's good they're a set mill.

zenobia42
09-18-14, 04:29 PM
EDIT: Here is the list I am putting together of the hidden cost for expansions once you have unearthed (pun intended) the mine. Because they get VERY expensive, I thought people who scrimped and saved and bombed to get expansions might find it helpful to know which have more or less "Hidden Costs" than the others to make actually usable.

Thanks to igames4me for the image I used to make this chart. Following are all the "Hidden Costs" (in coins) for expansion:
Island 1, after expanding to the mine:
Sinkstones: 18,000
Siphoning Cypress: 30,000
Toxic Sycamores: 45,000
Poisonous Pumice: 90,00
Wicked Thicket: 100,000
Immovable Rock 180,000

Island 2:
1) Various obstacles totaling 27,500
2) Various obstacles totaling 55,000
3) Various obstacles totaling 80,000
4) Radiating Rock 100,000
5) Unlock electric animals and habitats, receive "free" Lightning Leopard and Electric Enclave on that square.
6) Burdening Birches (25:00): 90,000
7) 1,250 + 2,000 + 25,000 obstacles + Radiating Rock (100,000 2x2 and 21:40) = 128,250
8) 100,000 rock + 250,000 Fail Shale (33:20) = 350,000
9) Harmful Hemlocks (33:20): 450,000
10) 2 Fail Shales = 500,000
11) 2 Fail Shales + 1 Radiating Rock. Total = 600,000
12) 1 Fail Shale + 1 Harmful Hemlocks. Total = 700,000
13) 1 Frozen Fir (25,000) + 3 Fail Shales (250,000). Total = 775,000.
Expanding to 13 opens the first square of Island 3 (A on my legend map).

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15494

Island 3:
A) 1 Radiating Rock (100,000 2x2) + 3 Fail Shales (250,000). Total = 850,000
B) 1 Harmful Hemlock + at least 2 Fail Shales. Total = at least 950,000
C) 4 Fail Shales (250,000 each) + assorted shrubbery = a little over 1,000,000
D) 2 Radiating Rocks + 4 Fail Shales. Total = 1,200,000.
E) 5 Fail Shales + 3 Frozen Firs. Total = 1,325,000.
F) 6 Fail Shales + 2 mushy bushes + 1 frozen fir. Total = 1,527,500.
G) 3 Fail Shales + 1 Harmful Hemlock. Total = 1,200,000.
H) 4 Fail Shales + 2 Frozen Firs + 2 Seeping Cedars. Total = 1,055,000.
To expand the cheapest to most expensive on Island 3, use this order: A - B - C - H - DorG - DorG - E - F... pending confirmation B is in fact < C.

[NOTE: I Revised the island 2&3 map legend to make it more comprehensible. On island 2, the expansions are numbered in order from cheapest path to the leopard, then cheapest to most expensive of the rest.]
Thanks to SANDScape, Anyuszko, Petasos and cquinn32 for info on the expansions beyond the lightning leopard square.
I will continue to update (and correct if necessary!) as folks provide more info.

OP updated. Once we get confirmation on the total cost of plot B (depending on if anything was hiding behind the hemlocks or not), I can change the lettering to reflect the cheapest path.

Anyuszko
09-18-14, 10:41 PM
OP updated. Once we get confirmation on the total cost of plot B (depending on if anything was hiding behind the hemlocks or not), I can change the lettering to reflect the cheapest path.

I Can Tell you in about 10 hours. I was asking Sand to post it, coz i saw his plot is cleared, but maybe he missed it and not replied. I am clearing the hemlock, will be ready in 10 hrs.

Anyuszko
09-19-14, 09:13 AM
So, there is nothing behind the hemlock, total price is .95m.

SANDSCApe
09-19-14, 04:15 PM

Sorry, by the time I got around to clearing Plot B, I had forgotten about that mystery. But I still have no idea how they managed to put both a Fail Shale AND Harmful Hemlocks in the same 3x3 portion of the plot if the Harmful Hemlocks take up 9 squares. The other 7 squares were accounted for. Weird.

SANDSCApe
09-19-14, 04:31 PM
Here is the pic again. With a Fail Shale at front left and front right, I thought the Harmful Hemlocks must be 2 squares wide.
That's what made me conclude something was behind them because I could place no decorative trees back there. But the cluster is actually 3x3, so that Fail Shale to the left is actually sitting on a square already occupied by the Harmful Hemlocks.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps23a05d37.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps23a05d37.jpg.html)

zenobia42
09-19-14, 07:09 PM
Here is the pic again. With a Fail Shale at front left and front right, I thought the Harmful Hemlocks must be 2 squares wide.
That's what made me conclude something was behind them because I could place no decorative trees back there. But the cluster is actually 3x3, so that Fail Shale to the left is actually sitting on a square already occupied by the Harmful Hemlocks.

That's kind messed up lol. Thanks for explaining the cost even if the game's placement is unexplainable.

Okay, folks, I am updating the OP hopefully for the last time until they open another island. Anyone reading back and confused as to what is B and what is F in these discussions, the confusion is because I am now re-lettering island 3 in the cheapest to most expensive order. So anyone finding this forum and just reading the OP has an easy time of it. Or anyone remembering this post and just going to the OP to find the cheapest next expansion. Though cheapest doesn't seem the best word when expanding plus clearing costs more than 2 million coins. So it's about finding the least obscenely priced next expansion lol.

ETA: done! Hope everyone finds it helpful. :)

EviBrooklyn
09-19-14, 09:19 PM
Zenobia, you did such a good job on exposing TL's dirty secrets ( expansion costs, how to beat the tournaments etc), that TL decided to lower your odds on you getting the unicorn, just so they can piss you off. Now if I'm wrong, you'll get a unicorn this coming week.

zenobia42
09-20-14, 09:07 AM
Zenobia, you did such a good job on exposing TL's dirty secrets ( expansion costs, how to beat the tournaments etc), that TL decided to lower your odds on you getting the unicorn, just so they can piss you off. Now if I'm wrong, you'll get a unicorn this coming week.

I LOVE it! Thanks for that. :D

SANDSCApe
09-20-14, 12:38 PM

Naw, naw. Zenobia's Unicorn odds were jacked up long before the Arctic expansions or Tournament came along.

You see, they KNEW that as long as they made that one accomplishment impossible, Zenobia would redirect her energy into things she can actually control and explain.

Please, please TL, for all our sakes, don't let Zenobia get that Crystal Unicorn! If she breeds it, send the evil baby Pony to do the dark prance across her screen and take the egg away like it did with my first Nightmare egg.

EviBrooklyn
09-20-14, 01:44 PM
Actually I think TL should give her a baby unicorn bc Zenobia keeps their forums alive...

zenobia42
09-20-14, 04:17 PM
Naw, naw. Zenobia's Unicorn odds were jacked up long before the Arctic expansions or Tournament came along.

You see, they KNEW that as long as they made that one accomplishment impossible, Zenobia would redirect her energy into things she can actually control and explain.

Please, please TL, for all our sakes, don't let Zenobia get that Crystal Unicorn! If she breeds it, send the evil baby Pony to do the dark prance across her screen and take the egg away like it did with my first Nightmare egg.

I am REALLY rolling no the floor laughing. That was perfect! Though, of course, I have to agree with Brooklyn instead. ;)

EviBrooklyn
09-21-14, 08:11 AM
Hey guys, so i can't expand anymore. Also, I think we're going to be stuck at level 40 for a while, but I guarantee you all we'll have 4-6 new animals every week.

SANDSCApe
09-21-14, 09:20 AM
Hey guys, so i can't expand anymore. Also, I think we're going to be stuck at level 40 for a while, but I guarantee you all we'll have 4-6 new animals every week.

Ah yes, I dropped by your forest a few hours ago and noticed you had explored all the plots and had loads of Fire Bush hedges around stuff. Sweet! You'll be among the first to venture into the Darklands when they open up!

I think the heavy animal incursion will slow down after they roll out the full basic Electric hybrid family. Four more to go: Electric-Water super and Electric-Dark common, rare and super. I can smell a new Gem hybrid though. Can't be far away.

EviBrooklyn
09-21-14, 09:33 AM
Ah yes, I dropped by your forest a few hours ago and noticed you had explored all the plots and had loads of Fire Bush hedges around stuff. Sweet! You'll be among the first to venture into the Darklands when they open up!

I think the heavy animal incursion will slow down after they roll out the full basic Electric hybrid family. Four more to go: Electric-Water super and Electric-Dark common, rare and super. I can smell a new Gem hybrid though. Can't be far away.

Yup, bayridge. You?

zenobia42
09-21-14, 10:09 AM

Hi, neighbors! (I live in Queens.)

So we have common, rare and super rares in the fire, nature and earth electric hybrids. But only common & rare electric-water. So I am going to guess that, since they feel the need to put out at least 2 new animals every Friday AND 2 every Tuesday, that this coming Tuesday will bring the electric-water super rare, and, since they MUST overload us with animals, that second gem hybrid you've been waiting for. Then Friday the electric-dark common & rare.

Then... any bets on the next new element? Heaven knows, they can't ever again roll out fewer than 4 animals a week so they are going to have to come up with a new elements soon! I am going to guess it's going to be sky, or wind... something in the air element family.

my607
09-25-14, 11:33 AM
I just don't get it the small pile of fail shale takes longer to remove than the radiating rock. I'm still on the blue island and my final cost is one million and three hundred fifty thousand. I don't even want to know the cost of the second blue island. Ridiculous prices for expanding.

Lesimony
10-06-14, 04:56 AM
This is really handy info.

These fail shales are ****ing me, especially the 30+ hour time to clear.

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 09:07 AM
Is kooky going to tell us when to expect the 4th island and the new expansion? Hmm I'm willing to bet ..Nope she won't!!
I was force to sell my cute pyro pony and it's habitat.. Once again!! And at this point I might have to sell rares bc I don't have duplicates of my commons to sell and make some room for the new creatures
*** Sign***

zenobia42
10-06-14, 09:19 AM
Is kooky going to tell us when to expect the 4th island and the new expansion? Hmm I'm willing to bet ..Nope she won't!!
I was force to sell my cute pyro pony and it's habitat.. Once again!! And at this point I might have to sell rares bc I don't have duplicates of my commons to sell and make some room for the new creatures
*** Sigh***

You are in GREAT shape if you have zero common duplicates left!!!
Some of the rares make very little money so not keeping duplicates of them is not a bad thing, really.

That said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get some new spaces. I've decided I really want 6 grand farms (charm cherries RULE!) and with the current limit, that means I can only build small habitats from now on. I already sold SO MANY large habitats to replace them with small a month ago. I would SO love to be able to build all large habitats. It jsut doesn't seem right that we can't have anywhere NEAR as many large habitats and grand farms as our level allows, just because they take so long to open up new islands for us. :(

SANDSCApe
10-06-14, 09:33 AM
*** Sign***

Christmas is coming. You never know.

Your place is ASTOUNDING though! I spent no less than 20 minutes looking at it last night. (The kind of time I used to spend studying Anyuszko's main forest -- LOL). 41 habitats with every single bit of space used except for 3 tiny squares (the only ones with decorations). A very interesting choice of habitat types and sizes that left you with only mini farms and as you noted some time ago, no Fire Field and of course no Pony.
Full album - my tail! Your forest looks like the model for a Getting-The-Most-Out-Of-Your-Habitats seminar.
I don't know how you got it done -- all those expansions and clearings, all the Big Electric Enclaves and Big Dark Coves. All I know is that you rocked it!

Anybody who hasn't seen Brooklyn's forest, you have GOT to drop by there!

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 10:22 AM
Aww thanks Sand. My secrets was simple... I used the small farms ( mostly one hour- Mana Bananas), but I might take zenobias advance and go for the charm cherries. I did save money with the small farms and used that income for expansion. I like to own real estate lol ( lots of it). But it's insane that TL got us stuck with only 6 farms since level 11.
Now that's TOTALLY out of balance TL !!!
How can you have 6 farms at level 11 and 40+ ??
Oh well.
Now Sand, I wish I had one of your emeralds ... They look great on your forest !!

zenobia42
10-06-14, 10:32 AM
Aww thanks Sand. My secrets was simple... I used the small farms ( mostly one hour- Mana Bananas), but I might take zenobias advance and go for the charm cherries. I did save money with the small farms and used that income for expansion. I like to own real estate lol ( lots of it). But it's insane that TL got us stuck with only 6 farms since level 11.
Now that's TOTALLY out of balance TL !!!
How can you have 6 farms at level 11 and 40+ ??
Oh well.
Now Sand, I wish I had one of your emeralds ... They look great on your forest !!

Oh, letting level 40 players have like 8 farms would be marvelous! ... but only if they open up another island to put them on!!!!!

And, yes, if not saving up money to expand, it really makes sense to have some grand farms to be able to spend those coins on charm cherries... then when we finally get more expansions, your critters will be earning enough for you to expand there!

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 10:54 AM
That's very true Sand but I still think TL should remove the cap on habitats and increase the number of farms bc 6 farms is just ridiculous
Zenobia, I can't find you on my neighbors list. I have wanted to visit your forest and can't find my way. Did you change your forest's name?

Anyuszko
10-06-14, 11:19 AM
Christmas is coming. You never know.

Your place is ASTOUNDING though! I spent no less than 20 minutes looking at it last night. (The kind of time I used to spend studying Anyuszko's main forest -- LOL). 41 habitats with every single bit of space used except for 3 tiny squares (the only ones with decorations). A very interesting choice of habitat types and sizes that left you with only mini farms and as you noted some time ago, no Fire Field and of course no Pony.
Full album - my tail! Your forest looks like the model for a Getting-The-Most-Out-Of-Your-Habitats seminar.
I don't know how you got it done -- all those expansions and clearings, all the Big Electric Enclaves and Big Dark Coves. All I know is that you rocked it!

Anybody who hasn't seen Brooklyn's forest, you have GOT to drop by there!

Hi Sand, you re Nice :) :)

SANDSCApe
10-06-14, 11:24 AM
That's very true Sand but I still think TL should remove the cap on habitats and increase the number of farms bc 6 farms is just ridiculous
Zenobia, I can't find you on my neighbors list. I have wanted to visit your forest and can't find my way. Did you change your forest's name?

Don't look for her down in the Z section. She has a space in front of her name so she appears near the top of the list. She's a crafty one, that Queens woman.

zenobia42
10-06-14, 11:25 AM

Yes I changed my name to Zen42... with a whole bunch of spaces at the beginning. I'll visit you now so you can find me on your wall. :)

ETA: did you change YOUR name? I can't find you! lol

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 11:52 AM
Yes I changed my name to Zen42... with a whole bunch of spaces at the beginning. I'll visit you now so you can find me on your wall. :)

ETA: did you change YOUR name? I can't find you! lol

No I didn't

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 11:57 AM
Zen please invite storm id EviBrooklyn
I'm going to unfriend a few people so I have room for you ( bc even the # of neighbors is capped at 2000)

zenobia42
10-06-14, 12:28 PM
No I didn't

Did you drop me from your neighbor list? I just sent you a new invite since you were gone from my list. :(

ETA: OR I could notice that there is a new page of this thread and you already posted here lol. Invite sent.
And dam you have a lot of neighbors!!! I thought I had a lot with 854 lol.

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 12:35 PM
Did you drop me from your neighbor list? I just sent you a new invite since you were gone from my list. :(

ETA: OR I could notice that there is a new page of this thread and you already posted here lol. Invite sent.
And dam you have a lot of neighbors!!! I thought I had a lot with 854 lol.

I need to maximize my daily gem gifts that's why I have so many neighbors. Just visit your forest. It looks a lot like mine :-)
I see you have only 2 plots left for expansions. I kind of miss expanding lol

zenobia42
10-06-14, 12:45 PM
I need to maximize my daily gem gifts that's why I have so many neighbors. Just visit your forest. It looks a lot like mine :-)
I see you have only 2 plots left for expansions. I kind of miss expanding lol

3 left actually. That is one of the problems with them not giving us enough expansions - all parks start to look alike when there is no room for decorating unless we want to do so at the expense of even getting close to our maximum number of habitats / animals.

And shoot - how many onyx ox's do you HAVE? I can't even breed one of the suckers.

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 03:41 PM
3 left actually. That is one of the problems with them not giving us enough expansions - all parks start to look alike when there is no room for decorating unless we want to do so at the expense of even getting close to our maximum number of habitats / animals.

And shoot - how many onyx ox's do you HAVE? I can't even breed one of the suckers.

I have 5 onyx ox's. If there was a trading tool in this game I would gladly have given you one :-)

my607
10-21-14, 03:23 AM
Everything in expansion should be less the cost of removing fail shale it's ridiculous the prices, the time to remove these items 33 hours each and the amount of runes. I'm on my last expansion on the second island not looking forward go third island prices either. TL you need to lower the cost .

zenobia42
11-17-14, 01:03 PM
Just bumping this so newbies can see it for reference. And also in hopeful anticipation of new expansions opening up "soon" to add to this. :)

zenobia42
11-22-14, 02:42 PM
The second green isle opened yesterday - yay! Now it's time to start tallying its costs. The first square at least is more reasonable than any expansion the second half of the second isle and all of isle 3 which is great:

Green Isle 2:
square 1:

Only 20 more hours lol
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/9ea319e17ec00d2282520e61d6f81621_zps79d6451b.jpg
180,000 coins

... and I am currently waiting on the other choice for next expansion to finish (the square with the sign on it in the above ss) on my isle so soon we'll know the prices and times of 3 squares.

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 03:20 PM
If im not mistaken, both plots I'm expanding to were 1,000,000 each, 50 runes and 54 respectively and 17 hours each for expansion.
After expanding on the first plot, for the second one it gave me a choice, I could have expanded left or the one below
I'll take pics when I expand on the 3rd plot.
I see some kind of flowers right beneath the first plot. My thinking is that if I was to expand to the one below the first possible expandable plot, all well get is 2 plots, not three as previously believed.
We'll know soon enough. Hopefully I'll expand to the one below tomorrow

arikatu
11-22-14, 03:42 PM
Yep, yep, yep! But I think for that first new plot, it took 16 hours to expand? I remember doing the expansion as soon as I put my Pumpkin Panda on the nest, and thinking both would be finished at the same time.

Although, I could be wrong!

zenobia42
11-22-14, 03:46 PM
Yep, yep, yep! But I think for that first new plot, it took 16 hours to expand? I remember doing the expansion as soon as I put my Pumpkin Panda on the nest, and thinking both would be finished at the same time.

Although, I could be wrong!

I checked the screenshot I took and it was 16:59:57. The second expansion is also 17:00.

So far the costs in runes are 50, 54, and the next will be 58. Steep rise. I may not expand to a third plot for a week.

arikatu
11-22-14, 04:05 PM
I checked the screenshot I took and it was 16:59:57. The second expansion is also 17:00.

So far the costs in runes are 50, 54, and the next will be 58. Steep rise. I may not expand to a third plot for a week.

My imagination, then, haha. Thankfully you took a screenshot of it! (:

Steep rise in costs of runes, but maybe the obstacles won't be as ridiculous. Knock on wood. (HAH.) Afterall, the first plot of land only had the immovable rock for 180k.

zenobia42
11-22-14, 04:08 PM
My imagination, then, haha. Thankfully you took a screenshot of it! (:

Steep rise in costs of runes, but maybe the obstacles won't be as ridiculous. Knock on wood. (HAH.) Afterall, the first plot of land only had the immovable rock for 180k.

Yes the 180k is nice. Even nicer is was the timer - 20:00 doesn't sound nice until you've had to clear a dozen or so 33:20 fail shales. Then 20:00 sounds downright reasonable lol!

orleansparish
11-22-14, 04:31 PM
For me expanding is Difficult because of the coin amount needed. I'm planting food, collecting as much as I can and trying to save money. Hopefully my putting more animals to epic will help a little.

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 04:41 PM
For me expanding is Difficult because of the coin amount needed. I'm planting food, collecting as much as I can and trying to save money. Hopefully my putting more animals to epic will help a little.

In my opinion bringing animals to their epic stage for income is waste of food. The best pay out is to bring them from level 4 to 10. It costs less in food and the return is much higher.
I had most of my animals at level 10 or less for a very long time.
Only in the past 2 weeks did I upgrade to grand farms just so I can bring a few super rares to level 14 or 15 for tournaments only. Other than that, feeding them to level 15 is a waste of money and food.
This is just my personal opinion but I can also state that my strategy paid off somehow bc I expanded fully way before many others did and I still have about 60,000,000 sitting in my account
Hope this helps, :-)

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 05:04 PM

You know, many players at lower levels can expand to the green island and I think they need way less runes than 50, 54 and 58. My understanding is that each new expansions goes up by 4 runes. For us, that expanded everywhere else but the new green island , the 1st expansion is 50 runes. For someone else that didn't finish expanding on the ice islands, might be cheaper.

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 05:13 PM
Do you guys see these flowers? It seems that one of the plots has a tree with flowers. I haven't seen them before

Edit: never mind, that's part of the habitats construction.

readysetgo888
11-22-14, 05:14 PM
Grr so many runes... how annoying! It takes forever to get that many. I don't care how many coins the expansions cost as I have way more than I ever need but runes take a long time to get... It does make sense that the number of runes you need goes by how many expansions YOU'VE personally done as opposed to the same number for everyone. But still, 50+ runes?? 20 hours is much nicer than 33 though.

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 07:50 PM
Grr so many runes... how annoying! It takes forever to get that many. I don't care how many coins the expansions cost as I have way more than I ever need but runes take a long time to get... It does make sense that the number of runes you need goes by how many expansions YOU'VE personally done as opposed to the same number for everyone. But still, 50+ runes?? 20 hours is much nicer than 33 though.

At least we can expand now. Even if it takes a few days to collect runes, it's worth the wait. Imagine if we didn't have the new island? :-)

readysetgo888
11-22-14, 07:55 PM
At least we can expand now. Even if it takes a few days to collect runes, it's worth the wait. Imagine if we didn't have the new island? :-)

Oh no, I'm still very glad they did the expansions. I felt so sorry for all of you that had to sell off your animals.

riddledom
11-22-14, 08:11 PM
If I counted correctly yesterday, the the last of the new expansions (13) will cost 98 runes (if you start at 50 for the first) and if the increase is in steps of 4. Hmmmm...
I also think the first expansion was 16 hours for me, but again, no proof.. strange.

zenobia42
11-22-14, 10:24 PM
If I counted correctly yesterday, the the last of the new expansions (13) will cost 98 runes (if you start at 50 for the first) and if the increase is in steps of 4. Hmmmm...
I also think the first expansion was 16 hours for me, but again, no proof.. strange.
I believe the time it takes for each expansion goes up based on how many expansions you've done before that one. Like how the rune cost goes up. I had already expanded to every square on all the ice islands before expanding to this new one. Maybe you and arikatu had not fully expanded before this island opened? It's a theory anyway as to why times might be different.

riddledom
11-22-14, 10:54 PM
Nope, I had expanded everywhere (and I have a hunch Arikatu as well). I might just not have seen the time correctly, who knows.

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, maybe the first one was 16 hours. The second was 17 for sure

arikatu
11-22-14, 11:42 PM
Nope, I had expanded everywhere (and I have a hunch Arikatu as well). I might just not have seen the time correctly, who knows.

Your hunch is correct! My top ice shelf has been fully explored! However, I've still got about 63896781349761349.2415 hours of fail shails to get through in the meantime.
But also like you, riddledom, I'm not sure if I saw the time correctly, haha. I was just happy I had something to spend those 50 runes on. owo

Zen's got a screenshot, so it's hard to argue with that! But maybe if someone else who's cleared everything - and is willing to venture out into new territories with us - could give us a confirmation? That would be great and we could clear this up.

bluefoxcrystal
11-23-14, 01:41 AM
Has nobody expanded the first lot yet?

arikatu
11-23-14, 01:56 AM
We have! And I think Evi and Zen are in the midst of expanding to the second plot right now. It's just that a couple of us can't remember if the first plot was 16 hours or 17.

SANDSCApe
11-23-14, 04:09 AM
The first plot on the Lower Green Cliff IS in fact 16 hours to explore with 1M coins IF and only if it is your 31st expansion. (Thank goodness for less excited slow-pokes like me, eh?) If you have done fewer than 30 expansions and choose to venture into this new territory, this plot will take less time for you to explore. I will repost the expansion schedule in a separate post.

I too wish we were given the Darklands. More Green is just so blah. But space is space when all is said and done. Also, if the landscape is the same as the first Green Cliff, our worst obstacle would be the Immovable Rock at 180K coins and 20 hours. Plus they can't pack 5 of them into the same plot. LOL

98 Runes for each player's 43rd expansion sounds right. By "right" I mean it sounds like a correct projection; or "right" as in downRIGHT crazy. LOL. But who didn't expect new expansions to come in flavors of crazy?

SANDSCApe
11-23-14, 04:21 AM

1st: 0 Runes & 1K coins
2nd: 0 Runes & 10K coins
3rd: 0 Runes & 20K coins
4th & 5th: 2 Runes & 25K coins & 5 minutes
6th & 7th: 4 Runes & 30K coins & 20 minutes
8th & 9th: 6 Runes & 40K coins & 1 hour
10th & 11th: 8 Runes & 50K coins & 2 hours
12th & 13th: 10 Runes & 100K coins & 3 hours
14th & 15th: 12 Runes & 200K coins & 4 hours
Players who skipped the last 4 plots on the Green Cliff could expand to the Lightning Leopard for as little as 8 Runes & 50K coins in 2 hours, if that was only their 10th or 11th expansion. Those who had already expanded 15 plots by the time the Lightning expansion opened would pay 14 Runes & 500K coins with a longer wait. Ultimately, all progress comes at the same cumulative cost. Skip smartly if/when you can!
Expansion Costs continued (Runes requirements rise sharply, starting with the 25th expansion)
16th & 17th: 14 Runes & 500K coins & 5 hours
18th & 19th: 16 Runes & 1M coins & 6 hours
20th & 21st: 18 Runes & 1M coins & 7 hours
22nd & 23rd: 20 Runes & 1M coins & 8 hours
24th: 22 Runes & 1M coins & 9 hours
25th: 26 Runes & 1M coins & 10 hours
26th: 30 Runes & 1M coins & 11 hours
27th: 34 Runes & 1M coins & 12 hours
28th: 38 Runes & 1M coins & 13 hours
29th: 42 Runes & 1M coins & 14 hours
30th: 46 Runes & 1M coins & 15 hours
This is where many advanced forests began exploring the Lower Green Cliff. If you skip some plots on the Ice Cliffs, your costs to explore the Lower Green Cliff will be less because those will not be YOUR 31st-43rd expansions. Also, you will find obstacles on the Green Cliffs more manageable than those on the Ice Cliffs.

31st: 50 Runes & 1M coins & 16 hours
32nd: 54 Runes & 1M coins & 17 hours

The following are PROJECTED costs, based on the patterns we have observed so far.
33rd: 58 Runes & 1M coins & 18 hours
34th: 62Runes & 1M coins & 19 hours
35th: 66Runes & 1M coins & 20 hours
36th: 70Runes & 1M coins & 21 hours
37th: 74Runes & 1M coins & 22 hours
38th: 78Runes & 1M coins & 23 hours
39th: 82Runes & 1M coins & 24 hours
40th: 86Runes & 1M coins & 25 hours
41st: 90 Runes & 1M coins & 26 hours
42nd: 94 Runes & 1M coins & 27 hours
43rd: 98 Runes & 1M coins & 28 hours
It is possible that TeamLava may scale back the Rune requirements for these later expansions as they did in Dragon Story, or it may eventually plateau as we've seen with the coin cost.

SANDSCApe
11-23-14, 07:42 AM
Your hunch is correct! My top ice shelf has been fully explored! However, I've still got about 63896781349761349.2415 hours of fail shails to get through in the meantime.
But also like you, riddledom, I'm not sure if I saw the time correctly, haha. I was just happy I had something to spend those 50 runes on. owo

Zen's got a screenshot, so it's hard to argue with that! But maybe if someone else who's cleared everything - and is willing to venture out into new territories with us - could give us a confirmation? That would be great and we could clear this up.

You saw it correctly. I was also fully expanded and sitting on 50 Runes. The time was 16 hours. 15:59:xx. I checked it carefully because I started it after the discrepancy was raised here.

I'm still playing FFS version 1.3.1.

riddledom
11-23-14, 07:45 AM
Thanks for clarifying!
I had hoped they would cap the runes at 50, it seemed like a nice number ;)

EviBrooklyn
11-23-14, 08:02 AM
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that 2nd plot I expanded to , it only has siphoning cypress. It costs 200,000 and 3 hours to clear. The bad news is it seems that I can't fit a big habitat, only small.
Also, 3rd plot is 58 runes, 1,000,000 and 19 hours

Edit - Update: you can fit a big habitat. There is a tiny little bush on the right bottom corner of this plot. Difficult to see but once you remove it, you can fit the large habitat. Thanks Cquinn for pointing out this hiden obstacle for me.

Hawksmoor
11-23-14, 08:52 AM
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that 2nd plot I expanded to , it only has siphoning cypress. It costs 200,000 and 3 hours to clear. The bad news is it seems that I can't fit a big habitat, only small.

58 runes? Yeesh.

zenobia42
11-23-14, 09:06 AM
Second expansion on bottom row has 3 Depleting Poplars, each 50,000 to clear and... 20 minutes! :D Also an itty bitty 20-second $25 Consumptive Shrub.
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/212bd5fe4ea70c075a1eae5340bd79d8_zpsad1f6245.jpg?t =1416758371

From there, all 3 adjacent plots are available:
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/d1de82bbdae73bcf9a2e298c392e2e1a_zps881d6d0b.jpg?t =1416758365
for 1,000,000 coins and 58 runes as expected.

Next I will go where the expand marker is in my top screenshot.

zenobia42
11-23-14, 09:13 AM

Yikes - so really we have 12.5 expansions. Or less if there are others that are not 4x4.

EviBrooklyn
11-23-14, 09:53 AM
Yikes - so really we have 12.5 expansions. Or less if there are others that are not 4x4.

I don't know. I'm a bit confused of the fact that one plot has space only for a small habitat. I suggest others wait before expanding on that particular plot bc 58+ runes is not worth it for an habitat that holds 2 animals only. If I knew, I would have used the 58 runes on the plot below.
I see you're expanding on the one below zen. Let us know if you come accross a small plot like I did.

cquinn32
11-23-14, 10:43 AM
I was able to fit large habitats on both plots.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/502bb725b7f624678aa69ad54e28aee6_zpsec6e151b.jpg

zenobia42
11-23-14, 10:48 AM
I was able to fit large habitats on both plots.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/502bb725b7f624678aa69ad54e28aee6_zpsec6e151b.jpg

Was there a small bush or tree on the border of the one you are expanding to now that is not visible? That would explain why Evi was having trouble fitting a big habitat there.

cquinn32
11-23-14, 10:54 AM
Was there a small bush or tree on the border of the one you are expanding to now that is not visible? That would explain why Evi was having trouble fitting a big habitat there.

Yes one small bush at the bottom

EviBrooklyn
11-23-14, 10:56 AM

Darn I hope so. I did try that but obviously I missed it.
Be right back, going to hunt down that bush now :-)

EviBrooklyn
11-23-14, 10:59 AM

Got it. Thanks. It was a tiny one on the right bottom corner of that plot. Very difficult to see it.
What a relief !!

SANDSCApe
11-24-14, 06:31 AM

Edit - Update: you can fit a big habitat. There is a tiny little bush on the right bottom corner of this plot. Difficult to see but once you remove it, you can fit the large habitat. Thanks Cquinn for pointing out this hiden obstacle for me.

Whatever expansion a player does for 58 Runes should take 18 hours; not 19. I've noticed that some people have been reporting an extra hour since the latest expansions started. E.g., 17 hours for the 50-Rune expansion when it should be 16 hours, according to my game at least. Either players are not bring careful about noting the times, or there may be some game-version discrepancy.

In future, you can tell if there are hidden obstacles on a plot by hovering a building or decoration over the plot and looking for red spaces inside the grid. Sometimes I slide around a small item to better assess the whole plot. There are no 3x3 plots; they are all 4x4.

Occasionally, a 1x1 obstacle hiding behind an unexpanded plot may be difficult or even impossible to remove if you can't get a "handle" on it. Enlarge as much as possible and keep poking near the edge until you tweeze it out. If you can't, you'll need to either wait until the plot in the foreground is cleared or email Support to help you clear it.

TokiChunsa
11-24-14, 07:20 AM
I still have two blocks on the second arctic level. Is it better, money wise, to expand there before going back to the green, or go directly to the green?

zenobia42
11-24-14, 09:51 AM
I still have two blocks on the second arctic level. Is it better, money wise, to expand there before going back to the green, or go directly to the green?

So far, every plot yet opened on the new green island is MUCH more reasonably priced to clear than even the 4-square portion of the first ice isle. I recommend leaving the rest of the ice isle until the end.

I would recommend this progression to newer players:
First expand to the mine (I believe until the mine you have no choice where to expand anyway).
Then, expand to plots 1-5 on the first ice isle. This is the cheapest, quickest way to unlock those all-important electric animals.
Then the rest of the island we start on (in the order of the OP of this thread).
Then the expansions on the first ice isle I label 6 & 7.
Then go to the newly opened green island. And keep expanding there until we are left with plots that cost more than 350k to clear, if the price gets that high.
I recommend expanding to plots 8 & 9 on the first ice isle as soon as the new green isle becomes a little pricey. There are only 2 locations on the entire map where there is a perfect square of 3x3 expansion plots (12x12 squares). Those 12x12s are really important because you can get 16 small habitats there with 0 wasted squares. Most plots you have to build large habitats to maximize your number of animals because of the odd shape. 16 small habitats hold 32 animals vs. 27 in 9 big habitats.
Then it depends on what else we find on the new island. But I suspect it will be cheaper than any ice island expansions. If not, then I recommend the rest of ice isle 1, then ice isle 2.
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15624

Once we have the prices of clearing all the newly available expansions, I can re-do the OP with a big composite map, all numbered 1-40 from the mine on.

TokiChunsa
11-24-14, 10:24 AM
So far, every plot yet opened on the new green island is MUCH more reasonably priced to clear than even the 4-square portion of the first ice isle. I recommend leaving the rest of the ice isle until the end.

I would recommend this progression to newer players:
First expand to the mine (I believe until the mine you have no choice where to expand anyway).
Then, expand to plots 1-5 on the first ice isle. This is the cheapest, quickest way to unlock those all-important electric animals.
Then the rest of the island we start on (in the order of the OP of this thread).
Then the expansions on the first ice isle I label 6 & 7.
Then go to the newly opened green island. And keep expanding there until we are left with plots that cost more than 350k to clear, if the price gets that high.
I recommend expanding to plots 8 & 9 on the first ice isle as soon as the new green isle becomes a little pricey. There are only 2 locations on the entire map where there is a perfect square of 3x3 expansion plots (12x12 squares). Those 12x12s are really important because you can get 16 small habitats there with 0 wasted squares. Most plots you have to build large habitats to maximize your number of animals because of the odd shape. 16 small habitats hold 32 animals vs. 27 in 9 big habitats.
Then it depends on what else we find on the new island. But I suspect it will be cheaper than any ice island expansions. If not, then I recommend the rest of ice isle 1, then ice isle 2.
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15624

Once we have the prices of clearing all the newly available expansions, I can re-do the OP with a big composite map, all numbered 1-40 from the mine on.

I only have G and H not 'explored' so I'll take your advice and go to the new greenly areas.

SANDSCApe
11-24-14, 11:29 AM

You're eventually going to do them all so if you have lots of coins, expand wherever you want; it will all total the same cost in the end. But if you're looking to do the least expensive and time consuming ones first, explore Green before Ice, no matter where you are on the Ice. Unless they introduce new Green-region obstacles with higher prices and longer wait times, but so far it doesn't look that way. Remember those Fail Shales are 33 hours! Nothing on the Green Cliffs takes longer than 20 hours.

cquinn32
11-24-14, 02:32 PM
Sorry forgot to take pictures of the third plot I cleared and probably won't get to another one for a few days as I'm out of gems for speeding. Hoping that "Black Friday" will bring the first gem sale!!!

A2TUDE
11-25-14, 12:18 PM
sorry fixed problem lol

readysetgo888
11-26-14, 09:58 AM
Sorry forgot to take pictures of the third plot I cleared and probably won't get to another one for a few days as I'm out of gems for speeding. Hoping that "Black Friday" will bring the first gem sale!!!

Oh me too! I've seem them do plenty of sales in other games. I would actually buy gems if they were about 1/2 off current prices.... I'd at least spend $5 for the 250 or whatever it is.

EviBrooklyn
11-28-14, 03:05 PM
I think the number of runes needed for expansions is capped at 70 and 19 hours.
I just expanded to a plot that needed 70 and the next one seems to require the same amount.
I hope they stop at 70 bc honestly that's a lot of runes even for those who like to speed the breedings.

riddledom
11-29-14, 05:31 AM
I think the number of runes needed for expansions is capped at 70.

Thanks for the info!

EviBrooklyn
11-30-14, 11:35 PM
I think this is a new obstruction.
You'll need 400,000 to clear and 20 minutes

cquinn32
12-01-14, 11:22 AM
Why can't I expand to this plot?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/19C69362-2503-44FF-BED4-B837AFCD6CA9_zps8421ju5e.jpg

readysetgo888
12-01-14, 11:51 AM
I think this is a new obstruction.
You'll need 400,000 to clear and 20 minutes

Oh sweet, love it. I hope this is the new fail shale. I'd rather 800,000 and 20 minutes than the 33 hours lol.

EviBrooklyn
12-01-14, 12:39 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/19C69362-2503-44FF-BED4-B837AFCD6CA9_zps8421ju5e.jpg

Hocus said 13 plots are available on the green island. Not sure why we're not allowed on the 14th plot. I wish we could though.

cquinn32
12-01-14, 12:43 PM
Hocus said 13 plots are available on the green island. Not sure why we're not allowed on the 14th plot. I wish we could though.

Oh ok thanks :) I think they should place another breeding den / nest there!!

readysetgo888
12-01-14, 12:46 PM

Might be a new element? That would make sense. I was hoping for the new element with the dark lands but it may be quite a while before they get around to those and they may have wanted to do a new element first.

EviBrooklyn
12-01-14, 12:59 PM
Maybe Hocus will be nice enough to give us some inside trading info here.
OMG Cquinn, I love your forest. Awesome job !!

cquinn32
12-01-14, 02:23 PM
Maybe Hocus will be nice enough to give us some inside trading info here.
OMG Cquinn, I love your forest. Awesome job !!

Well not quite as impressive as yours but THANK YOU!!!
I really wanted to expand to that last plot and put my grand gem grove there :( will have to figure something else out I guess

EviBrooklyn
12-01-14, 05:24 PM
Well not quite as impressive as yours but THANK YOU!!!
I really wanted to expand to that last plot and put my grand gem grove there :( will have to figure something else out I guess

Mine is just full of habitats. Not much room for decoration yet. I love how you decorated yours. I think I'll steal some of your ideas :-)

zenobia42
12-01-14, 08:14 PM

I was beginning to wonder if when they said 13 plots it was a typo and they meant 14. Can't wait to see what mystery is hidden there!

Or rather, if it is a new element, I CAN wait. I already can't keep up any more. For like 2 months the number of album holes I had fluctuated between 8 & 10. Nowadays I can't get it below 11-13 though. I do wish they would slow down with the new animals.

cquinn32
12-01-14, 08:25 PM
Mine is just full of habitats. Not much room for decoration yet. I love how you decorated yours. I think I'll steal some of your ideas :-)

Haha you go right ahead :-)

EviBrooklyn
12-02-14, 08:15 AM
I was beginning to wonder if when they said 13 plots it was a typo and they meant 14. Can't wait to see what mystery is hidden there!

Or rather, if it is a new element, I CAN wait. I already can't keep up any more. For like 2 months the number of album holes I had fluctuated between 8 & 10. Nowadays I can't get it below 11-13 though. I do wish they would slow down with the new animals.

A new element means a new type of habitat and a bunch of new animals.
I think we have enough elements lol
I can't even handle what we got :)

EviBrooklyn
12-06-14, 07:24 PM
So I'm on my last allowed expansion. I would have loved to have the Christmas habitat but that will mean I will need to sell one of the big farms. I desperately need food for my ultra rares & super rares.
The Christmas habitat can't even be stored ( which I figured it might be as it is holiday themed and it won't look good in summertime ). So, with that said, I wish Tl will let us know why or when we might get that last plot or a new island for that matter. Or at least make the Halloween & Christmas habitat storable !!

Vodelle
02-20-15, 03:45 PM
Digging up this thread because I was musing on these things earlier.

Wow, I am not eager to expand to the other ice islands, but luckily I have the bottom green shelf to finish as well as the new dark/firelands (whatever they're called ahah).

What do you think the advice for newbies should be? Expand green to get frostfang, expand through ice to get lightning leopard. After that I believe the conventional wisdom was to finish off both your starter green island & the big 3x3 ice block, right? Nowadays I think the fire island is a great place to expand since last I checked the obstacles were cheap and go away fast. (That said, most newbies probably won't be unlocking the hareon too soon because 5m treasure is a steep price.) After that I'd probably suggest expanding the bottom green island.

zenobia42
02-20-15, 03:53 PM
Ah, Vodelle, thank you for digging up this thread. I have been meaning to update it with info on the second green island and the 2 purples. I took one step towards that yesterday by visiting neighbors until the habitats started disappearing so as to get screenshots of all the islands clear of everything to put the data on. I'm going to change it to show the total $ and time to remove all obstacles from a square, and put that information directly on each square instead of listing them separately from the images. Anyway, I took the screenshots of empty islands, and I have been taking screenshots to record the obstacles on the green and at least the first 2 purple squares.

Can anyone tell me the $ and time to clear the top green square next to the Treent? I haven't expanded there yet and it would be so nice ot have a map complete through all the green and ice islands at least. I will try to get it up tonight.

readysetgo888
02-21-15, 10:55 AM
Don't know if you need this one... Sorry, didn't think about taking a screenshot for the top left corner! It was very similar to this with a couple more obsidians I think.

These were all 20 minutes.

EviBrooklyn
02-21-15, 11:18 AM
New obstacles..Basalt Boulder 500,000 ( dark island)

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah236/evibrooklyn75/89420C90-4C70-4FFA-9949-8E7D363B57B0.png_zpsi81gvhdb.jpeg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/evibrooklyn75/media/89420C90-4C70-4FFA-9949-8E7D363B57B0.png_zpsi81gvhdb.jpeg.html)

zenobia42
04-16-15, 09:22 AM
So I finally got around to something I've been meaning to do for a while. I missed one square on the lower green island - if anyone could fill in that blank it would be much appreciated.

This is a diagram of the total cost (in coins) to remove all obstacles from each expansion plot. (I missed one square on the lower green island - if anyone could fill in that blank it would be much appreciated. And I need to add the second purple island once I have that info.) This cost is totally independent of the cost to expand to a plot. This is the cost in ADDITION to whatever your expansion cost is which is based solely on how many expansions you've done already (except the treent and hareon plots).

Note that these are the expansions after you expand to Frostfang and the mine. In other words, these are the expansions once you start having a choice of where to expand - before this point, you must expand in a certain order so the prices are moot - you just expand to the next available plot. Also note that the obstacles on the far blue island are not only exceptionally expensive to remove, but most of them take over 33 HOURS to remove as well. I highly recommend those who have the choice expand in this order:
Once the mine has been reached, expand to the 3 squares in a line from the mine going southwest. You need cheap space fast to earn income.
Then skip to the first blue island. It's cheaper than the bottom row on the main island, and if you expand up the left side and across the top, you get the Lightning Leopard - getting that lightning element ASAP is crucial.
Then open up all of the first purple island (with the Hareon).
Then finish off the bottom of the island we start off on.
Then the second green island. I recommend going up the right side of it to the Treent of Life. That way, when you have the 10 million to open that plot, you actually can.
Then fill in the other half of that island and the other half of the first blue island as suits you, and/or in order from least to most expensive.
Don't bother with the top blue island at all until EVERYTHING else has been opened. And be thankful you have the 26 plots on the second green and both purple islands available to you before having to resort to the absolute horror of this island that those of us who were around from the beginning had no choice but to resort to because we didn't have those 26 plots. They opened after we spent weeks and millions per single plot and reached the 70 runes expansion phase. It sux to be us. Be very glad you can expand for much less than half the price we had, and can clear most obstacles in 20 minutes not 33 hours. The top blue island should be avoided until EVERYTHING else has been opened.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/FFS/ffs-5islands_zps9d5j6mny.jpg

Once I fill the holes, and if people find this more helpful than what's in the OP right now I'll update the OP to show this instead.

rjazz
04-16-15, 11:19 AM
Nice work, Zen!

calvinxx
04-16-15, 12:17 PM
Omg this is so useful!! Thank you so much! Now I can plan my expansions so much better :)

LonePudding
04-16-15, 02:44 PM
I don't understand :( why are all my expansions the same price??? Is it because I'm not new to this game :(

The square next to the Hareon should be 50,000 coins right? I have to pay 1,000,000. Am I reading the picture wrong?

EDIT: sweetdeda (thanks again) helped me in another thread:)

sweetdeda
04-16-15, 03:17 PM
I don't understand :( why are all my expansions the same price??? Is it because I'm not new to this game :(

The square next to the Hareon should be 50,000 coins right? I have to pay 1,000,000. Am I reading the picture wrong?

EDIT: sweetdeda (thanks again) helped me in another thread:)

Yes hon, you are misreading it is 1,000,000 to expand there and it will cost an additional 50,000 to clear the obstacles to make the expansion actually useable.

LonePudding
04-16-15, 03:49 PM
Yes hon, you are misreading it is 1,000,000 to expand there and it will cost an additional 50,000 to clear the obstacles to make the expansion actually useable.

lol thanks! I think I completely ignored the word 'OBSTACLES' in the title! I feel so stupid, but you learn something everyday. I guess my lesson is to read properly XD

zenobia42
04-16-15, 03:57 PM
No worries, LonePudding. I added clarification to my recent post with the graphic. Wehn I can fill the annoying holes in the graphic, I'll put it in the OP, with the clarifications that it is the price only for obstacle removal. For anyone just walking in on the discussion - the cost (in coins and runes) of expansion to any given plot (other than the hareon or treent) is totally independent of the cost to remove the various obstacles that are discovered on every plot except ones with animals on them. The cost of expansion is based on how many expansions you've done already. But the graphic is to help people to save a lot of coins early on by expanding to the squares with the least hidden costs, the ones you don't see until your expansion time is complete. They can be tiny or huge. I'm hoping the graphic can save a lot of newbies millions in coins by expanding smartly, with foreknowledge. :)

LonePudding
04-16-15, 04:05 PM
No worries, LonePudding. I added clarification to my recent post with the graphic. Wehn I can fill the annoying holes in the graphic, I'll put it in the OP, with the clarifications that it is the price only for obstacle removal. For anyone just walking in on the discussion - the cost (in coins and runes) of expansion to any given plot (other than the hareon or treent) is totally independent of the cost to remove the various obstacles that are discovered on every plot except ones with animals on them. The cost of expansion is based on how many expansions you've done already. But the graphic is to help people to save a lot of coins early on by expanding to the squares with the least hidden costs, the ones you don't see until your expansion time is complete. They can be tiny or huge. I'm hoping the graphic can save a lot of newbies millions in coins by expanding smartly, with foreknowledge. :)

It helps a whole lot! I know definitely to steer clear of that top blue shelf - I have NOT got that amount of coins to spend on trees and rocks, no way. I'm going to expand to and around the Hareon, to and around the Treent, and one day, I shall have the coinage to treat myself to both :D thanks for your help Zenobia!

zenobia42
05-13-15, 08:30 AM
I put the new chart I made in the OP. It does not include the costs of the second purple island and is missing one from the lower green one. If anyone knows those costs and wants to add them and has pixelmator or photoshop or another graphics program, PM me and I'll send you my file. Then you can add the info and post. :)

Good luck to you all with the game. You're going to need it!

storm8ru
05-30-15, 01:55 AM
i wander how to get more bombs to expand, it is sooooo slow to collect from hatched.

lildvl91
06-08-15, 08:26 AM
Yea I agree with everyone the cost is to expand is expensive. But what I wonder is when in mine it tells me I need 16 things to expand but go to expand and am told I need 38! What is up with that?

ogreve
06-09-15, 11:22 AM
You are probably mixing the "Treent" spot up with the rest of the expansions. The Treent spot only requires a (fixed) amount of 16 runes, whereas the other spots (with exception of the "Hareon" spot that also had a fixed low amount of runes) all follow the normal progression of rune costs.
When I bought the Treent spot, the other spots around it would come at a cost of 26 runes. The Treent spot then indeed only did cost 16 runes.

MaribouMay
06-09-15, 12:14 PM
I just expanded to the spot to the left of Treent and the obstacles are more expensive than what is shown on in the diagram in the first post.

2078420785click to enlarge

After clearing 6 Depleting Poplars I found 3 Obsidian Deposits and 1 Consumptive Shrub (not shown).

My cost: 6 x 50,000 + 3 x 400,000 + 25 = 1,500,025 or 1.5M not 1.1M

MaribouMay
06-16-15, 09:49 AM
Expanding on the second purple section:

1 Obsidian Deposit + 2 Inferno Firs + 1 Smoking Shrub

1 x 400,000 + 2 x 25,000 +1 x 25,000 = 475,000

MaribouMay
07-03-15, 02:40 PM
My next purple expansion:
1 Obsidian Deposit + 2 Smoking Shrubs + 1 Inferno Fir

1 x 400,000 + 2 x 25,000 + 1 x 25,000 = 475,000 coins

kooky panda
01-09-16, 03:06 PM
Hi guys! This is a great reference thread, but since the OP no longer posts on the forum, if someone would like to update the expansions you can start up your own thread and then let me know by PM and I can close this thread .

Thanks!

ninasidstorm8
03-11-16, 10:09 AM
I thought that I would add this for anyone who wants to know. I expanded to the lowest green shelf, the second one from the left. The obstacle there was 1 set of Toxic Sycamores. They cost 45,000 coins to remove and took 1 hour and 40 minutes to clear. Following is the spot I am referring to.

ninasidstorm8
03-22-16, 08:46 AM
I remembered to get a picture while clearing the obstacle this time. This is for the Lowest Green Shelf second spot down and second spot to the right. Only one obstacle which is an Immovable Rock that cost 480,000 coins and 4 hours to remove.

ninasidstorm8
03-31-16, 08:37 AM
This is a picture of the objects that need to be cleared for the 3rd spot over and 2nd spot down on the lowest Green shelf.

1-Syphoning Cyprus 3 hours, $200,000 coins
2 & 3 - Depleting Poplar - 20 minutes, $50,000 coins
4 - Consumptive Shrub - 20 seconds, 25 coins.

Notice that the Depleting Poplar marked #3 is almost completely hidden by the shrubbery in the next space to the right. It is hard to select but I managed to do it.

ninasidstorm8
04-13-16, 03:10 PM
This is a picture of the objects that need to be cleared for the 4th spot over and 2nd spot down on the lowest Green shelf.

1 - Sapping Spruce 30 seconds , $100 coins
2 - Sinkstones - 4 hours, $18,000 coins

ninasidstorm8
04-23-16, 08:31 AM
This is a picture of the objects being cleared for the leftmost spot on the second row of the lowest green section.

1-3) Depleting Poplars (there are 3) 20 minutes and 50,000 coins each
4) Consumptive Shrub 20 seconds and 25 coins. (Already cleared when I remembered to take a picture.

ninasidstorm8
05-21-16, 08:20 AM
This is a picture of the obstacle being cleared for the leftmost spot on the upper row of the lowest green section. There is just one obstacle in this plot.

1 Immovable Rock $480,000 coins and 4 hours to clear.

ninasidstorm8
05-29-16, 05:56 PM
This is a picture of the obstacle being cleared for the Right most spot on the upper row of the lowest green section. There is just one obstacle in this plot.

1 Immovable Rock $180,000 coins and 20 hours to clear

dd2b44ever
06-27-16, 01:11 PM
Hi guys! This is a great reference thread, but since the OP no longer posts on the forum, if someone would like to update the expansions you can start up your own thread and then let me know by PM and I can close this thread .

Thanks!

I LOVE the idea behind this post and the information it provides but I DO wish there was a more recently started version of it so that I could sift through the information contained without having to also sort out the additional comments AND wonder if storm 8 has changed the costs of the obstacles on the plots along the years!

That being said, I also absolutely adore ninasidstorm8 for providing updated information to this thread! Thank you for, as usual, looking out for the rest of your fellow FFS players! :D

pestory
12-03-16, 04:13 AM
Hi ! I'm lvl 24, and they ask me 16 runes + 1.000.000 for expansions !!! that's too much, isn't it? :(

NannaSherry
12-03-16, 08:44 AM
Hi ! I'm lvl 24, and they ask me 16 runes + 1.000.000 for expansions !!! that's too much, isn't it? :(

No not really. I'm at level 100 and it takes 80 runes to expand. I have been where you are. It's the million that's getting you. Well that will change. I have over a billion, yes you read it right, a BILLION coins and nothing to spend them on. So you won't have coinage problem by the time you reach level 50. But oh man do I long for the 16 runes to expand days. But I'm still playing and like the game.

Silverrain1
12-03-16, 05:39 PM
Grrrr, 12 hours to clear expansion then 20 hours to clear some rocks!

12-15-16, 12:00 PM
My new expansion is dissspeared! There were only 45 Minutes left and now its gone! My runes are lost, also my coins. Can you please fix this!?

RainbowsandRandoms
01-07-17, 04:57 AM
The game keeps taking realm runes off me. I win them and then the game crashes and the last 2 or 3 that I have found are no longer there when I reload. Yesterday it registered I had 29/80 then I was thrown out of the game and only had 27 when I went back in. The explosive isn't returned either, so using it must have registered. It's hard enough to expand as it is without losing your explosives and runes. I must have lost about 6 over the last couple of days. Fantasy Forest is the only S8 game that is slow and crashes. Why?

chickenladyx14
01-07-17, 11:36 AM
I hear 'ya! I spent 16 gems to get the last one needed and the game crashed. Never got the rune or my 16 gems back. I'm about fed-up with this game. It's bordering on the ridiculous.

kukeleku111
01-10-17, 04:43 AM
Hello everyone,
I am stuck trying to expand. The requirement is 'help a giant bird'.
I dont know what they mean...
Please give me a tip on what I am suppose to do.

Silverrain1
01-10-17, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone,

Never seen that in this game. you mine with bombs to get runes. Depending on how many expansions you have, will depend on how many runes you need. Then you use your runes and coins to expand to an area, then more coins to clear obstacles.

kooky panda
01-10-17, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone,
Hi! This is a Castle Story Event! Please see the current thread for more information on this event.

It's all a part of the beginning goals of the Elven outpost.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...s-How-it-works (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94546-Castle-Story-The-Elven-Outpost-Runes-Boosts-How-it-works)

kukeleku111
01-10-17, 11:10 PM
Thank you cookie panda ! :heart: