PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Combos and Questions (Thread 1)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kooky panda
07-31-14, 07:22 AM
If you have a question on breeding combos(what egg is this?, What combos do I need , etc) please post here.

Fantasy Forest Story Guides
Game Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71389-Fantasy-Forest-Game-Guide)
Creatures Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide)

If you have an egg that you dont see in the breeding charts, please post for me to add your egg.
1. Zoom in to maximum on your egg
2. Take a picture and edit out the excess
3. Post it in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101330-Feedback-amp-Suggestions-on-the-Guides

(See How To A Post Photo On The Forum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum) if you need help in adding a photo to your post.)

baseball_boy
07-31-14, 12:40 PM
No matter what I breed. What gives?

chalupa2030
07-31-14, 12:51 PM

It's a lottery. Nature of the beast! DS is the same way. Keep trying! I have got at least 6 fairys ferrets in a row!

baseball_boy
07-31-14, 01:01 PM
It's a lottery. Nature of the beast! DS is the same way. Keep trying! I have got at least 6 fairys ferrets in a row!

So it really doesn't matter what animals I use or their levels?

kooky panda
07-31-14, 01:13 PM
So it really doesn't matter what animals I use or their levels?
The levels do not matter, but colors do.
Check out this Breeding guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71284-Fantasy-story-breeding-list&p=937043&viewfull=1#post937043)for some help.

my607
08-02-14, 09:08 AM
Which combos do I need for Emerald Dragon?

willb09
08-02-14, 12:59 PM
Which combos do I need for Emerald Dragon?

You need a crystal unicorn and nature.

my607
08-02-14, 01:43 PM
Thanks

SANDSCApe
08-02-14, 06:05 PM
Can a pairing of Crystal Unicorn with Emerald Dragon produce another Crystal Unicorn?
Or will that pair only produce Pandaffodil or another Emerald Dragon?

lillybuz
08-02-14, 08:54 PM

So, what did you do with your ferrets?:(

hansmolln
08-03-14, 12:01 AM

Sell them I guess. I'm sure they go to a nice home, probably a farm where all the unwanted ferrets live happily ever after ;)

SANDSCApe
08-03-14, 01:20 AM

Sell them I guess. I'm sure they go to a nice home, probably a farm where all the unwanted ferrets live happily ever after ;)

Sell them, definitely. In the first few levels they earn even less than Pandas & Ponies, so those quickies make better use of any free space in your Fire and Nature habitats.
Don't hate the Ferret; love the pesky little creature. Try. It is the poster child of Fantasy Forest so try to be nice to it. If nothing else, its eggs provide you with some experience points. One day, it may combine with a common Rainguin to produce an ultra-rare Crystal Unicorn! What will you say THEN, hmmm?

Drachenia
08-03-14, 05:06 PM
Kooky I try to breed the Crystal Unicorn since 2 days breeding with plates Armadillo / Island toad and I have not get it. Is it with Planther / Rainguin to get it

lillybuz
08-03-14, 08:39 PM
:confused::eek:ok.....fried ferret? Ok, just bred one with an icy claw....4 different elements......let's see what fate brings!

lillybuz
08-03-14, 08:57 PM
:confused::eek:ok.....fried ferret? Ok, just bred one with an icy claw....4 different elements......let's see what fate brings!

Arrgggg.....another turtle! Fried ferret and turtle soup for dinner!

Galadraal
08-03-14, 09:08 PM
What about the goal one like the magmacore? I try breeding two other fire and earth like the Armodillo and the Rampage.

Also, for the Crystal Unicorn, are the four elements Earth, Fire, Nature and Water only? or can the Dark also be one of the four? Thanks :-)

Dapplecloud
08-03-14, 09:16 PM
Also, for the Crystal Unicorn, are the four elements Earth, Fire, Nature and Water only? or can the Dark also be one of the four? Thanks :-)

Dark can also be one of the four c:

lmac10
08-04-14, 03:26 AM
Ok this may have already been answered but I have a neighbour that has a blue tinged rhino? Does anyone know what that is?

SANDSCApe
08-04-14, 03:58 AM
Ok this may have already been answered but I have a neighbour that has a blue tinged rhino? Does anyone know what that is?
It's a Level 15. The so-called new form is actually just a new skin. Most creatures seem to be getting purple, pink or aqua highlights from their 3rd evolution.

lmac10
08-04-14, 04:45 AM
It's a Level 15. The so-called new form is actually just a new skin. Most creatures seem to be getting purple, pink or aqua highlights from their 3rd evolution.

Thanks I wasn't sure the pyro pony doesn't seem to change at lv15 so I thought it might have been from something else

my607
08-04-14, 06:04 AM
What do you get when you breed sloth and hydra yak for five hours?

SANDSCApe
08-04-14, 07:44 AM
What do you get when you breed sloth and hydra yak for five hours?

Rainguin (common Water-Earth)

my607
08-04-14, 07:50 AM
Oh thanks I guess I have to sell that I have three Rainguin already.

my607
08-04-14, 11:58 AM
Which combos do I need for aurora Pegusus ?

kensandra
08-04-14, 01:36 PM
LOL no wonder I keep getting pyros, there is only 1 red/blue combo and its really rare.

SANDSCApe
08-04-14, 02:12 PM
LOL no wonder I keep getting pyros, there is only 1 red/blue combo and its really rare.
There is no Water-Fire hybrid. If you pair Frostfang & Pyro Pony before you reach L14, you will get either parent. Level 14 unlocks the Dark element which is created by combining Fire & Water. If you pair Pyro Pony & Frostfang at or above L14 you will get Skyger, the starter parent for Dark hybrids. Skyger is a COMMON breed and is the ONLY result you can get from those parents once you reach L14.

my607
08-04-14, 03:23 PM
Hooray I got the Aurora Pegusus by using the panda and panthler.

harperdragons
08-04-14, 06:22 PM
The best thing to do is breed the basic animals over and over. For example, I bred rock rhino and pandilla over and over until I had all rock / earth combos. I got plantlers about 3 times before getting the ferret. Then plantlers about 3 or 4 more times before getting the monkey and then of course plantlers about 4 to 5 more times before getting grassquach. Once you have all of that combo move on to another common set to breed like piro pony and rock rhino. Hope this helps.

LinkinPark92
08-07-14, 01:41 PM
Thanks SANDSCApe,
Now I know how to breed a skygerbut how long does it take to breed one?

SANDSCApe
08-07-14, 02:45 PM
Thanks SANDSCApe,
Now I know how to breed a skygerbut how long does it take to breed one?

7 hours to breed and 7 to hatch. Evolves in 1 hour. Small Dark Cove takes 12 hours to build at a cost of 270,000 coins.

Kwackers
08-08-14, 04:22 AM
I grow them until first evolve. (Counts towards next gem). Then send them off to Boarding School with the Planters.

megan151719
08-08-14, 06:24 AM
No matter what I try I can't breed a Rampage and I need it to finish my current goal. What animals should I breed to get one?

hugpete
08-08-14, 11:13 AM
The best thing to do is breed the basic animals over and over. For example, I bred rock rhino and pandilla over and over until I had all rock / earth combos. I got plantlers about 3 times before getting the ferret. Then plantlers about 3 or 4 more times before getting the monkey and then of course plantlers about 4 to 5 more times before getting grassquach. Once you have all of that combo move on to another common set to breed like piro pony and rock rhino. Hope this helps.
I don't know if that's the "best" thing, but it's one way to go. Personally, I got bored with all the Armordillo fails trying for Magmacore, so I'm switching to another breeding pair.

No matter what I try I can't breed a Rampage and I need it to finish my current goal. What animals should I breed to get one?
All it takes if fire and earth and patience. I'm in double digits of my armordillo fails.

passinthru8
08-11-14, 05:55 PM
Does Skyger have to go on dark habitat? Or will it rest on water habitat until I get one?

hugpete
08-11-14, 06:28 PM
Does Skyger have to go on dark habitat? Or will it rest on water habitat until I get one?

Its only element is Dark so it has to have a Dark habitat. If you bred one and are far from having enough coins, just sell it when it hatches ; they are super easy to breed.

todisue
08-14-14, 07:40 AM
I thought I chose hydroyak and magmacore to breed. It showed me 1 hr above the pairing. I starters a earching to see what that would be. When I went back to the game I had hydroyak and fairy ferret breeding with a seven hour breed time. Any thoughts?

ladysting01
08-14-14, 09:36 AM
I just got a Crystal Unicorn using manticore(10) and Ocean Owl(9).

I haven't seen this combo posted previously (although I honestly haven't tried hard to verify!) but I do read posts when searching for the "magic combo" and thought I'd give back! I don't use forums often and today is the first time I've actually posted something. It took me an hour just to figure out how to post and where to post my breeding combo! So the odds are I won't reply to any questions or comments. (With Facebook, Instagram, and twitter, I'm exhausted!)

Good Luck! Hope this post helps you!!

Anyuszko
08-27-14, 07:45 AM
Since Friday I cant breed any super rares, despite the fact I am over around 40 tries. Only common and rare. Did something changed in the breeding system? Not a single super rare, though I had to breed around 4 pieces.

ArcadiaTofu
08-30-14, 08:08 PM
Since Friday I cant breed any super rares, despite the fact I am over around 40 tries. Only common and rare. Did something changed in the breeding system? Not a single super rare, though I had to breed around 4 pieces.

Agreed :\ Ever since I bred my Crystal Unicorn I've only been getting commons and rares -___- Especially regarding the dark breeds... fire and nature supers are the ones I've been trying to heavily breed for and all I've managed to get are commons all around with one rare (Peamoth).

No idea if they changed the odds or what but my lacking of many supers in my forest is getting a bit frustrating...

xxxe
08-31-14, 05:47 PM
Funny because since Friday I got my 2nd and 3rd super rares in the game. Besides the two I won from the battlegrounds. Still trying for that Unicorn though. Hey, has anybody gotten a unicorn from breeding with a lightening and fire plus two other elements? I still haven't gotten my lightening leopard yet either because of runes disappearing? I need 7 more runes and I have no more explosives. They must have changed something with that too.

my607
08-31-14, 06:21 PM
I just got a super rare right now. But I still don't have the unicorn.

my607
09-01-14, 06:19 AM
Any suggestions for a magamacore ? I tried but still nothing.

kittkat114
09-05-14, 06:45 AM
Do we know how the breeding parents break down? If I breed Fairy Ferret and Rainguin, it makes sense I could get a water/green hybrid, but can I also get fire/green hybrids? Does Dark break down into Fire and Water when one of the parent types?

SANDSCApe
09-05-14, 08:28 AM
Do we know how the breeding parents break down? If I breed Fairy Ferret and Rainguin, it makes sense I could get a water/green hybrid, but can I also get fire/green hybrids? Does Dark break down into Fire and Water when one of the parent types?

Yes, you can get Water-Nature or Nature-Fire hybrids among many others.
No, the Dark does not break down into Water & Fire.

So far, no elements break down in this game. Fairy Ferret & Rainguin will create a Fire-Nature-Earth-Water pool, from which you can get:
Any Water-Earth hybrid
Any Water-Nature hybrid except Hydro Yak
Any Earth-Nature hybrid except Ancient Sloth
Any Earth-Fire hybrid
Any Nature-Fire hybrid
Crystal Unicorn
A total of 19 possible breeds.

kittkat114
09-05-14, 11:20 AM
Weird. I thought so, but I've been trying a different combo and literally only gotten 2 dragons for the last week, alternating, which sucks when the 9 hour breeding is done with the 13 egg still sitting. I'm using 4 types including my Fire/Electric hybrid, hoping to get Crystal with the fewest fails, but this is getting ridiculous. I guess I'll stick with it- this pattern can't keep up forever.

MyBerk78
09-06-14, 07:13 AM
eugh..still struggling with an ocean owl..can anyone give me good combos that have worked for them please? :(

my607
09-06-14, 08:09 AM
One way to get an owl is using hydro yak and rainguin. I don't know if it will work. Since I try using combos here for unicorn but still no unicorn.

MyBerk78
09-06-14, 10:49 AM
How do I get a hydro yak?

SANDSCApe
09-06-14, 11:50 AM
eugh..still struggling with an ocean owl..can anyone give me good combos that have worked for them please? :(

My daughter bred Ocean Owl with Rainguin-Panda. My other young forest also bred it with Rainguin-Panda. As for my main forest, I've used various combos that COULD result in Ocean Owl, but no such luck. Maybe I should try Rainguin-Panda. LOL

How do I get a hydro yak?

Hydro Yak is the prize from the second round of the Battlegrounds. It's a super-rare Water-Nature hybrid, but you don't need it for breeding if you have other Water-Natures like Turtisle or Aquatter.

Drachenia
09-09-14, 12:14 PM
I do not know what's wrong breeding with Pandazette / Thunderbird always 16 hours, now for 8 times !!!!!! :confused:

goodsoul76
09-09-14, 12:59 PM
Stupid question.....I have done it so many times that maybe I should know the answer but I haven't really kept track or noticed....

Does the breeding time always=the time to hatch?

zenobia42
09-09-14, 01:12 PM
Stupid question.....I have done it so many times that maybe I should know the answer but I haven't really kept track or noticed....

Does the breeding time always=the time to hatch?

Yes, with one exception: if you breed a crystal unicorn with a nature animal, in an attempt to get an emerald dragon, if the result is a pandaffodil, the breed time is 1 hour, but the egg incubation time is 20 seconds.

Anyuszko
09-10-14, 12:53 AM
Over the past, now four weeks, I was unable to breed any super rare animals. I am missing some super rares (dark x fire and green x nature combos), but whatever I breed, I got only commons.

I am not complaining about bad luck. It is not bad luck. From around 70 tries I got 3 rare and 67 common animals.

In the first month, when Fantasy Story released, I got various common, rare, super rare animals. Most of the breeds were common (that is okay), but at every 3rd, 4th attempt I got rare, and around every 10-20th attempt a super rare. That is normal.

For nearly a full month, getting almost only commons, whatever I breed, is not just frustrating, but I am SURE now that TL were manipulating my account. It cant be just bad luck. It is impossible getting only common animals, time after time, only by "bad luck".

I was reporting it around 2 weeks ago in the bug section, but TL not answered. The situation continued, no super rare animals, (not even rares) meets me.

Usually, I support games what I am playing with. I was supporting DS for a time but then I turned away from it because it became a dragon disaster. Impossible-to-breed dragons were entering the game weeks after weeks (such as super rares containing two splitting colors and so), also it seemed that wherever any TL developer looks and sees something, it enters as a new dragon in the game. Football dragons, independence day dragon (what a stupid one), autumn dragon, may dragon, i-switch-on-the-television-and-see-something-and-it-becames-a-new-dragon dragons and so.

Fantasy story looked more nice game, with no such a rush. In the first month, I was also supporting it. Now I stopped because it *****s me. I got nothing whatever I do.

Please reverse the game where it was a month ago. I am ready to support TL games, but not this way.

ArcadiaTofu
09-10-14, 07:26 AM
I agree that lately all I'm getting are commons with only a few supers thrown into the mix. The newest super I've gotten is the Grassquatch a day ago but that was my first super in, god, I can't remember how long. The two supers I've been desperately trying to breed for over two weeks are Cosmic Phoenix and Onyx Ox. Even Sea Drake is a dream for me since every water x dark breeding I've ever done has resulted in either Chromadile (god I hate this animal) or Chameneon. I was lucky as sin to get Spruce Moose and Pegasus within two days merely b/c I took another user's advice and tried breeding out Crystal Unicorn with dark/nature breeds (which was pretty ingenious of them, if I do say so myself).

I've mainly stopped trying for Emerald b/c every attempt is just another 1hr breed fail or planther fail if I try for another dark/nature hybrid after my lucky streak. I'm wondering if your chances of getting super rares decreases down to 1% AFTER you get a Crystal Unicorn. It would make a lot of sense, now that I think about it since I've heard that many users after getting their unicorn have a horribly unlucky streak when it comes to trying to breed out supers. Though, SANDS is one of those few lucky users that has many unicorns and emeralds and always seems to get more of them by pure luck (as well as new supers).

But, yes, it almost does seem like they're deliberately sabotaging super rare breedings, doesn't it? *___* I doubt they really are, but with how low the odds are now for getting supers it makes sense they'd decrease the odds after the 'Emerald Dragon' fiasco to try and 'keep the game balanced' --- in other words, make it even harder for everyone to get the supers/ultras so more and more users will speed breed to get away from stifling common and rare hybrids >.< Cha-ching, cha-ching, and all that...

zenobia42
09-10-14, 10:09 AM
It's like there is a switch in the game and it is either set to unicorn OR set to give you super rares 2-4 times a week. My switch is set to super-rares. I wish there were a way for us each to toggle our switch to the other position! Because, Anyuszko, you appear to want those super rares as badly as I want the unicorn - and that's a LOT lol. And the game refuses us both.

(I have 13 super rares in my menagerie, including all the types of super rares except: grassquatch, vinotaur, onyx ox and storm sphinx.
I have 24 rares (after selling a number of them) and all rare species except rockodile, spruce moose, and eagle beagle.)

Galadraal
09-10-14, 01:29 PM
Yay! I just got a 45 hour breed using my 15 Fire Glider and 13 Aurora Pegasus. I do not even know how many times I've tried breeding four different elements.

so, my point is, DON'T GIVE UP! :-)

Anyuszko
09-11-14, 01:42 AM
Yay! I just got a 45 hour breed using my 15 Fire Glider and 13 Aurora Pegasus. I do not even know how many times I've tried breeding four different elements.

so, my point is, DON'T GIVE UP! :-)

Thank you. :)

However, my main problem is, again, not the "bad luck". This game is 2 months old now. In the first month, I was able to breed various animals. Mostly commons, but sometimes rares, super rares as usual. (super rares at every 10th-20th try about).

But after one month, my odds dramatically changed. Not a single super rare appeared, and even rares are appearing really-really rares. I lost on counting, but as I wrote from about 70 breeds I got zero super rares, only 3 rares, all the others were commons. I dont think I just became unlucky (for a full month, yeah...). It seems that when I was near to complete my album, TL re-programmed my chances, and now I am unable to breed any super rares, being forced (I think) to purchase them.
Funny part is that while I was getting critters, I was supporting the game. Since now I got nothing, I do not support. Why should I buy gems? For getting instant 10 more firefoxes? All my customers (to who I sell unwanted foxes :)) are now full of foxes. I send like 3 foxes every day on market. So there is no point on buying gems when I got only commons from speed breeds.

I do not think TL often read the forums, but perhaps sometimes they will see it.

I wont support the game any more until I got super rares again. Then I may continue my support. Thats how things are going.

Anyuszko
09-11-14, 01:45 AM
Also, I still see in several threads that player (mostly with fewer animals than me) still getting super rares easily, on first try this new electric-nature one for example as I saw in the new thread. So it is still able to breed super rares, but - seems - not for everybody. I wonder if some "old" players such as me are in the same boat.

SANDSCApe
09-11-14, 12:04 PM
I agree that lately all I'm getting are commons with only a few supers thrown into the mix. The newest super I've gotten is the Grassquatch a day ago but that was my first super in, god, I can't remember how long. The two supers I've been desperately trying to breed for over two weeks are Cosmic Phoenix and Onyx Ox. Even Sea Drake is a dream for me since every water x dark breeding I've ever done has resulted in either Chromadile (god I hate this animal) or Chameneon. I was lucky as sin to get Spruce Moose and Pegasus within two days merely b/c I took another user's advice and tried breeding out Crystal Unicorn with dark/nature breeds (which was pretty ingenious of them, if I do say so myself).

I've mainly stopped trying for Emerald b/c every attempt is just another 1hr breed fail or planther fail if I try for another dark/nature hybrid after my lucky streak. I'm wondering if your chances of getting super rares decreases down to 1% AFTER you get a Crystal Unicorn. It would make a lot of sense, now that I think about it since I've heard that many users after getting their unicorn have a horribly unlucky streak when it comes to trying to breed out supers. Though, SANDS is one of those few lucky users that has many unicorns and emeralds and always seems to get more of them by pure luck (as well as new supers).

But, yes, it almost does seem like they're deliberately sabotaging super rare breedings, doesn't it? *___* I doubt they really are, but with how low the odds are now for getting supers it makes sense they'd decrease the odds after the 'Emerald Dragon' fiasco to try and 'keep the game balanced' --- in other words, make it even harder for everyone to get the supers/ultras so more and more users will speed breed to get away from stifling common and rare hybrids >.< Cha-ching, cha-ching, and all that...

WHOA! Hold on there now. Many Unicorns? And new supers? Where? When?

The game has 11 breedable supers: Sphinx, Drake, Gargolem, Pegasus, Ox, Phoenix, Griffin, Owl, Grassquatch, Magmacore & Vinotaur.

I've bred only 4 of those 11: Gargolem, Pegasus, Phoenix, Griffin. Even if you count the Battleground prizes, I am, without a doubt, missing most supers. As for the multiple Unicorns (WHAT?) no such thing here. LOL.

Here's the real deal: I have ONE lucky (and early) Unicorn and several rather opportunistic Emeralds. That right there is my small claim to fame. Apart from them, it's Common-ville in my forest. Drone Land.

zenobia42
09-11-14, 12:52 PM
Also, I still see in several threads that player (mostly with fewer animals than me) still getting super rares easily, on first try this new electric-nature one for example as I saw in the new thread. So it is still able to breed super rares, but - seems - not for everybody. I wonder if some "old" players such as me are in the same boat.

It definitely does seem like one thing or another has been locked up from some of us who have been playing a long time. SANDSCApe is missing a lot of supers as well, though hers may be in a large part due to her having her breeding den and nest locked up with emeralds for 8x2 days each. That's a lot of time, unless she gem-rushed a lot of them.

There are really very few completed albums in the game. I would have thought that, despite them releasing another 3 animals per week (after saying it would be 1 per week), there would be more completed albums (or at least temporarily completed) than there have been.

mysticfrost
09-11-14, 02:42 PM
That is a very interesting observation...I too had an easy time getting super rares when I was low level..made me think wow..this game is so much better than dragon story...and then that stopped. Just enough hope to suck me in at the beginning...hmmm...

SANDSCApe
09-11-14, 02:47 PM
My luck with rares and supers was sorely lacking before the Unicorn showed up, and didn't get much better after that. Yes, my Tree of Life has been tied up with more 45-hour breeds than most, but that's still a relatively small fraction of time compared to all the breeding I've done in nearly 2 months of playing.

Before the Emerald blocker, I would breed an Emerald only if I had saved up 45 free gems to speed the breeding part (so the Unicorn could return to the habitat). The eggs were not sped. During the week leading up to the arrival of the Electric-Natures, I sped 2 breedings and 1 egg, but didn't have gems to do more.

As a DS veteran, I'm no stranger to generally shoddy breeding luck with an occasional spike of jaw-dropping results. But Anyuszko is not talking about poor luck in general, or even a difference in luck or breeding patterns from one player to another. What Anyuszko is noting is a seemingly DRASTIC CHANGE in luck, and is questioning the coincidence of this perceived change with advanced album progression.

It can be argued that a change in luck, even such an extreme one, is part of the nature of luck itself. It's almost impossible to measure randomness; even pseudo-randomness.

I wonder whether the phenomenon Anyuszko is observing may just be attrition. The more breeds you acquire, the fewer breeds are left to pursue, so acquisition of new animals actually slows down. But that doesn't neatly explain an explosion of commons for a player who previously bred rares and supers easily.

bluefoxcrystal
09-11-14, 10:52 PM
Has anyone ever tried using the fails of the breeding combos they've used to get their rares/super rares? For example: (not actually happened XD) I breed a panda and a leopard and get a um... Thunderhawk. Ok... Then I mature said thunderhawk and put it in the breeding den with panda.

Would this actually help rare/superrare?
I am willing to try this :D But I might need some verification ^^

Anyuszko
09-12-14, 12:34 AM
I wonder if someone is in the same boat. Seems like mysticfrost is. Any other player?

ArcadiaTofu
09-12-14, 06:22 AM
WHOA! Hold on there now. Many Unicorns? And new supers? Where? When?

The game has 11 breedable supers: Sphinx, Drake, Gargolem, Pegasus, Ox, Phoenix, Griffin, Owl, Grassquatch, Magmacore & Vinotaur.

I've bred only 4 of those 11: Gargolem, Pegasus, Phoenix, Griffin. Even if you count the Battleground prizes, I am, without a doubt, missing most supers. As for the multiple Unicorns (WHAT?) no such thing here. LOL.

Here's the real deal: I have ONE lucky (and early) Unicorn and several rather opportunistic Emeralds. That right there is my small claim to fame. Apart from them, it's Common-ville in my forest. Drone Land.

Lol, sorry Sands, I got you completely mixed up with Dragonloona ^^; My bad. She's so lucky, though... so many lovely supers and ultras, especially the new lightning supers ;___;

Anyuszko
09-12-14, 10:39 AM
Hmm... People who knows me long time ago, know that despite the fact I write my posts under Anyuszko, my main island are on all games ZX71. The reason is, that I started playing on my wife's iPad (under her nick, Anyuszko) and those games are "overtaken" by my daughter now, I play only on my iPhone, under ZX71. But I Still posts my thought under Anyuszko.

Why do I Tell these? My daughter just breed two super rares in a row. A umm...lightning x green super rare ( forgot Name), then a gracial Griffin. On the Anyuszko account of course... While me, under ZX71, can not breed any super rares yet..

Seems like TL read my posts, wanted to help me or something, but did on wrong account... :)

hugpete
09-12-14, 11:58 AM
...I am SURE now that TL were manipulating my account.
I don't believe this for one second. Not only would it be pointless, but it would take way too much fiddling with code and worker-time to do this.

It is impossible getting only common animals, time after time, only by "bad luck".
This assertion is based in a misunderstanding of probability. Each time you breed is an independent trial. The random number generator doesn't have 'memory'. It doesn't think, "Well, I've generated 50 commons in a row, so I should throw a rare out there now." That's just not how probability works! If there's a 1 in 50 chance of getting a super rare, that means over a large number of trials, it should come close to 1 in 50 for super rares. But large means LARGE. Like, all the trials. Not just your account's trials. So, no, it's not impossible. It's improbable, but not impossible.

(BTW - I don't know the odds of anything. I just made up numbers for examples.)

zenobia42
09-12-14, 05:17 PM
Hmm... People who knows me long time ago, know that despite the fact I write my posts under Anyuszko, my main island are on all games ZX71. The reason is, that I started playing on my wife's iPad (under her nick, Anyuszko) and those games are "overtaken" by my daughter now, I play only on my iPhone, under ZX71. But I Still posts my thought under Anyuszko.

Why do I Tell these? My daughter just breed two super rares in a row. A umm...lightning x green super rare ( forgot Name), then a gracial Griffin. On the Anyuszko account of course... While me, under ZX71, can not breed any super rares yet..

Seems like TL read my posts, wanted to help me or something, but did on wrong account... :)

;) lol!

The standard business model of many (if not all) free-with-in-app-purchases games is to intentionally make progress/things easy to get early on, then, as a player gets more heavily invested in the game that they did so well in so easily at first, they make it increasingly difficult to get the next thing... difficult that is, unless you just make in-app purchases. They are companies. Companies exist to make money. If that formula is proven to work well, there is no reason not to follow that formula. There are no laws regulating non-gambling game odds (except in Japan - they passed a law in 2012 banning kompu gacha games - games in which you try to complete a collection of cards of varying rarity (without disclosing the odds to customers) for a big prize). I've been reading up on the subject over the last couple years. The tactics that most free-with-in-app-purchases games use to manipulate us fascinating.

Any other players who are experiencing what Anyuszko is, or what I am with the never-unicorn, please feel free to PM me. I don't want to clutter up the forum any more with my long-winded posts, but would be happy to share them via PM. Also, while I could share my ideas by posting just a few links, we are not allowed to post links to outside websites on the forum.

Petasos
09-12-14, 06:37 PM
I used to breed specific elements when I was trying for my unicorn. I did it on purpose to have fail chances at remaining missing critters. So at the end I bread dark, fire, nature, rock, because needed a phoenix and gargolem. I ended up with several of each of those because when the new critters (ox and moose) came out they were all in the same fail chance, so I kept the same combos. I got several phoenix and gargolem as fails while trying for ox and moose, all while trying for the unicorn. When I got the unicorn I stopped and have not been as successful breeding diversity due to being fixated on emeralds. They limit your fail pools. If you understand your breeding pool you can better your fail chances of getting things you still need.

ArcadiaTofu
09-12-14, 08:05 PM
I used to breed specific elements when I was trying for my unicorn. I did it on purpose to have fail chances at remaining missing critters. So at the end I bread dark, fire, nature, rock, because needed a phoenix and gargolem. I ended up with several of each of those because when the new critters (ox and moose) came out they were all in the same fail chance, so I kept the same combos. I got several phoenix and gargolem as fails while trying for ox and moose, all while trying for the unicorn. When I got the unicorn I stopped and have not been as successful breeding diversity due to being fixated on emeralds. They limit your fail pools. If you understand your breeding pool you can better your fail chances of getting things you still need.

Petasos, what would you recommend for getting those supers in the dark category? Breeding commons like Frostfang x Skyger for Sea Drake or combos like Firefox x Pyro Pony for Cosmic Phoenix and Onyx Ox? I've always been confused on whether breeding hybrids together are more successful or if breeding commons together gives more supers... >.< I saw some results when I bred my unicorn with dark/nature hybrids since it helped me get the moose and pegasus, but that was mostly me trying to increase my chances for them and an emerald at the same time. I've tried breeding my unicorn with dark/fire hybrids lately and... nadda. Firefoxes everywhere T__T I'm curious to see what type of breedings you used to achieve a full album/those supers.

Petasos
09-12-14, 11:03 PM
Well now with the new beasties this week I have some work to do, I am 3 shy of full. When I first started I thought that adding a rarer hybrid would effect the outcome. I would add a fairy ferret instead of panda with the pyro pony. Then I would replace it with a Simian to try for a vinotaur. I was incredibly lucky as I was so successful I was convinced that worked. I have always been lucky but I came to realize it does not work that way. At least I do not think it does now after hundreds of tries. I did speed breed just so everyone knows.

I hit a wall with the dark super rares. It seems like the more I tried for a specific beastie the more I would fail common. Omg the hordes of raccoons, foxes, and armordilos are too many to count. What ended up working for me was I got lucky enough to get a sea drake. I have only ever got one of those and one Pegasus. That eliminated water from the elements at the time so all that was left was the remaining three dark element super rares. So I started trying for a unicorn instead. I used any combination of dark, fire, nature, and rock. I seem to favor putting a fox on one side because I do not get a lot of foxes for some reason that way. You will fail raccoons though, just as bad. So instead of targeting one I was targeting all three, and I was also targeting the unicorn.

What I have found out is you can get any combination of what you put in. In some instances only one element might come out but that is only when using at least one ultra. So you will generally get any combination of the four elements you put in but it seemed to me that with dark and fire on one side I was less likely to end up with dark and fire. That is just me thinking out loud and I am sure I am wrong but it seemed to work out that way most of the time. So I will always get a combination of dark green, dark rock, fire green, fire rock, green rock, and dark fire. You can manipulate the creatures on each side and see if that works for you, but there is really no right way.

It really is a random number generator though. Imagine it randomized the 4 elements and picks two totally by chance, or a .5% it is a crystal unicorn. It then re-rolls for all animals with that combination. Let's say for example it selects dark and fire. In this example lets say there are 100 numbers. A random number between 1 and 100 is generated. If it is between 1 and 50 it is a fox, if it between 51 and 80 it is a bear, 81 to 90 now an ox, 91 to100 a phoenix. That's how it really works. Every thing else is just a forum fable. I am sure the numbers are different because that was just an example.

I will not lie, you will still get a lot of commons, but you will also start to upgrade your duplicates with rares. I got a lot of owls, moths, and later griffins, when I added water back in. They are good earners so be happy for those duplicates, level them to lvl 6 before food is too expensive for a duplicate. As you fill up, you keep upgrading your rare duplicates to bottom tier supers and you start making good money that way.

In the end I got most of my dark supers when I stopped trying to target one and targeted all of them with four element breeding. That has been my experience.

Here are my supers

Top tier - not too many
Sea drake 1
Pagasus 1
Gargolem 3
Phoenix 2
Ox 1

Bottom tier - lotta these
Vinotaur 2
Grasssquatch 4
Griffin 5
Magmacore 2
Owl 2

I divide them based on earnings. I do not count battle critters as I did not breed them.

Anyuszko
09-15-14, 12:46 AM
This assertion is based in a misunderstanding of probability. Each time you breed is an independent trial. The random number generator doesn't have 'memory'. It doesn't think, "Well, I've generated 50 commons in a row, so I should through a rare out there now." That's just not how probability works! If there's a 1 in 50 chance of getting a super rare, that means over a large number of trials, it should come close to 1 in 50 for super rares. But large means LARGE. Like, all the trials. Not just your account's trials. So, no, it's not impossible. It's improbable, but not impossible.

Well you are true but I learned some statistics at school, long time ago (uh more than 20 years..). So, lets say getting common animal has 80% chance (and 20% chance for rares/super rares).

If you breed once, you have 80% chance on getting common, and just 20% chance of "failing" on rare/super rares.
If you try it twice, your chance for 2 commons (both breed ends with common) is .8 x .8 = 64%, with a 36% chance of "failing" on rare/super rare in one of these 2 breeds.
If you breed 10 times, you only have 11% chance of getting only commons, and 89% chance of failing on at least one rare/super rares.

With 20 tries, your chance is only 1.1% of getting only commons. 98,9% chance of failing on at least one rare.

So, after 70 commons, what should I think?

I am currently trying for storm sphynx. Over 10 tries, can you find out what do I have? Yes! 8 Thunderhawks walking in habitats (check my island), one in egg, in the nest, and another 16 hours fail in the den. Not even an Eagle Beagle. Just bad luck, isnt it?

Anyuszko
09-15-14, 12:55 AM
Dear TeamLava,

Please understand, that if you keep blocking my main account (ZX71) of getting super rares, I wont support the game. There is absolutely no point on buying gems, when the result is only getting instant commons with speed breedings.

I was supporting FS (you can check) before you turned my odds to zero. I am ready to support it further, if I see a clear reason.

Since a month ago, I cant breed super rares whatever I try. The result was more than 70 commons (lost on counting), with only 4 rares. Last 20 tries ended with commons only.
I was reporting it in the bug section as well, it is still unanswered.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72641-Breeding-impossible-error

I hope you wont loose a good customer.

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 03:18 AM
Well you are true but I learned some statistics at school, long time ago (uh more than 20 years..). So, lets say getting common animal has 80% chance (and 20% chance for rares/super rares).

If you breed once, you have 80% chance on getting common, and just 20% chance of "failing" on rare/super rares.
If you try it twice, your chance for 2 commons (both breed ends with common) is .8 x .8 = 64%, with a 36% chance of "failing" on rare/super rare in one of these 2 breeds.
If you breed 10 times, you only have 11% chance of getting only commons, and 89% chance of failing on at least one rare/super rares.

With 20 tries, your chance is only 1.1% of getting only commons. 98,9% chance of failing on at least one rare.

So, after 70 commons, what should I think?

I am currently trying for storm sphynx. Over 10 tries, can you find out what do I have? Yes! 8 Thunderhawks walking in habitats (check my island), one in egg, in the nest, and another 16 hours fail in the den. Not even an Eagle Beagle. Just bad luck, isnt it?

Yeah, that sounds very much like my experience breeding for the Electric-Nature Super. Who am I kidding? That's my experience breeding for just about ANY Super! ... Or Rare, for that matter.

Not all games of chance work the same way. E.g., Drawing different colored balls from a bin will adjust your odds after each draw. Rolling dice gives you the same odds on every roll. HugPete is correct. Every time you breed is a fresh trial with the same odds for a particular breed from a particular combination. Same odds that you had before with that same combination. Your previous rolls don't inform the current one. The only thing that can change your chances is:
A. the introduction or removal of animals that can be bred with your combination.
B. coding to reassign the chances of breeding a particular animal (which would apply universally to all players).

I truly don't think TeamLava is picking on you, and singling you out for breeding punishment. Why would they? They have thousands of eager (and sometimes even reluctant) gem purchasers. You were just one.

Breeding "failure" is normal. Really, it is!

Anyuszko
09-15-14, 03:59 AM
I truly don't think TeamLava is picking on you, and singling you out for breeding punishment. Why would they? They have thousands of eager (and sometimes even reluctant) gem purchasers. You were just one.
Breeding "failure" is normal. Really, it is!

Well, as a long time player (CS, DS, and more) I saw several times that TL are sometimes testing us different ways. As for some examples:
- introducing gem-only additions with different price for different player (for you is 100 gems, for me 50, for other 200..)
- in DS, boosted breed costed differently (coins, gems, apples) for different players
- also in DS, there was a time when breeding time halfed for all dragons, only for "selected" players
- and so on

Making these, TL tests the market, which strategy can bring more money to them. Which group of players became money spenders, which became refusers and so. And at the end, the best dollar earning price/strategy/etc should become the standard for everyone.

I think in this game I became suddenly (really suddenly, I got luck before it in the first month) a part of players whose odds were reduced (or maybe got down to zero), while others still can get their animals easily. As described, it is almost impossible being just unlucky for a whole month.

I decided to stay in Fantasy forest until I clear the north island. It takes me about 1-2 more weeks. In case my situation remains the same after it, i will quit. What I am seeking is fun, and although it is funny to conversate on forum with you ("you" mean those 3-4 people who are really active on this forum), the fun part is quickly going off the game itself..

Petasos
09-15-14, 07:24 AM
Well, as a long time player (CS, DS, and more) I saw several times that TL are sometimes testing us different ways. As for some examples:
- introducing gem-only additions with different price for different player (for you is 100 gems, for me 50, for other 200..)
- in DS, boosted breed costed differently (coins, gems, apples) for different players
- also in DS, there was a time when breeding time halfed for all dragons, only for "selected" players
- and so on

Making these, TL tests the market, which strategy can bring more money to them. Which group of players became money spenders, which became refusers and so. And at the end, the best dollar earning price/strategy/etc should become the standard for everyone.

I think in this game I became suddenly (really suddenly, I got luck before it in the first month) a part of players whose odds were reduced (or maybe got down to zero), while others still can get their animals easily. As described, it is almost impossible being just unlucky for a whole month.

I decided to stay in Fantasy forest until I clear the north island. It takes me about 1-2 more weeks. In case my situation remains the same after it, i will quit. What I am seeking is fun, and although it is funny to conversate on forum with you ("you" mean those 3-4 people who are really active on this forum), the fun part is quickly going off the game itself..

These "free to play with in game purchase" apps have quite a lot of disdain in the gaming community. Especially for old MMO gamers like myself. I prefer to pay the upfront cost or the fixed monthly amount. For the money you put in here and there you could own several of those games, or subscribed to several. And you would not have to wait a day for something to happen. This waiting for an outcome unless you pay to speed it up is a totally new design specific to tablet apps. There are many past developers who talk to reporters and bloggers. They refer to tactics such as manipulating outcomes specifically on players who pay. The reason is that the player will pay more in the hopes of a better outcome. I see no evidence that TL is doing this but I also see no evidence that they are not. But it most certainly does happen in this new "gaming" industry, and it happens a lot. I still play DS and FFS but will never pay another dime to them as I have read a few of these articles lately.

As far as the number generator is concerned this is just like craps. There are more ways to make 7 with two dice than any other number. The further toward 2 and 12 you go the fewer ways there are get the number. Each roll is independent of the previous roll. They are unconnected but people like to think they are. You stand the same chance of getting a 7 each time you roll the dice.

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 11:12 AM
Indeed, Anayuszko, I have myself often found myself holding the short end of the stick on way too many of those variable-pricing or variable-opportunity situations you've mentioned in several different games from this company. I think it had the greatest negative impact in directly competitive games like Kingdom Clash but, no matter which game, it just never seems fair.

Even so, players are not individually singled out. Those kinds of tests are done with large groups of players in order to better gauge the different responses -- how many pay more; how many play more; how many spend less; how many quit; how many seem indifferent. In a limited circle of players such as a group of forum regulars or in-game friends who post to each other's walls or a global chat space, it may seem like only one or two players are adversely affected, hence it seems GROSSLY unfair. But in fact those players are part of a much larger group whose members are absent from the conversation.

Such are the tactics of developers who offer these type of games. If you choose to pay, you find yourself in a prickly situation where you're not exactly in a position to demand this or that the way you would if EVERYBODY were paying to play. It is precisely because players have the OPTION to pay or play free that the developer can easily do this sort of thing.

In any case, since we are talking about odds here, and not specific pricing, there is really no way for you to prove that anything is different about your game on the back-end. There's no way to calculate your actual odds based on your realized results, plus we don't know what the supposedly general odds are anyway, so you'd have nothing against which to compare yours. You are convinced that they've severely lowered your chances of breeding desired animals, but this new fail rate you describe is what hundreds of us have faced since we started playing.

What if your early success rate was the "test" and what you're experiencing now is the norm? That's possible too, no? Why do you assume it was normal for you to breed so many rares and supers so effortlessly until recently? That's not most people's normal.

Anyuszko
09-15-14, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Sand. But if it is the "normal" way - TL releases some animals every week while I cannot get any super rares, also rares became ?ber-rares - then it is one step ahead of quitting.
Note also that I got no response from developers.
Also, I am not complaining like oh i cannot get an animals after 3 tries or so - I was starting about mentioning it after like 50 fails.
Meanwhile i got my 11th 16 hours fail in a row.

Anyuszko
09-15-14, 12:53 PM
By the way, i was not extremely lucky or so in the first month. Never got a duplicate from any supers, and only a few from rares. Only exception is ember bear, from which i have 11, because going for dark x fire super rares (got none) i got those embers. Note that i got my embers more than a month ago, 1 month ago also ember bears stopped breeding, only commons left.

bluefoxcrystal
09-15-14, 01:02 PM
Sorry TL but it must be said. :(
These types of games are addictive and are specifically designed to keep you coming back/wanting more. They are a mix between fun to play and addictive gambling. Now! How often are ppl gonna buy gems (casino chips) to get that beautiful creature that much faster? Or get offensive and violent(verbally or physically) when they don't agree or get frusterated over a stupid "game"? More than a few :)

I admit it... I spend a little from each paycheck for gems. But I'm pretty laidback. The design of this and ds etc were created for longevity. To keep us all playing :) and hooked on their game. I love me some ffs. I really loved ds until this last month and my inability to breed me a beautiful unicorn dragon. It's been a nonstop process...

So all... If you need to... Just relax breathe in a little air. And play other things.
I know we'll all get that special creature we wanted (mainly the unicorn or emerald dragon^^). And just enjoy the game as it is :)

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 03:24 PM
... but here's a peek at the album I get to laugh at every day. I'll bet most players have neatly filled in those 8 grey silhouettes and maybe some of the other missing critters further down in the album from the Dark & Watery realms.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8222994c.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8222994c.jpg.html)

While 13 breeds continue to elude me, the farmed drones now include 14 pandas and 7 panthers...

I have 30 habitats with 56 animals: 26 unique types and 30 duplicates. 25 of the duplicates are commons.

Okay that was Aug 22, nearly a month ago. They have since introduced 10 new animals and I'm no further ahead. Missing 13 then; missing 14 now. Not much has changed, except that the Pandas have been replaced by Thunderhawks.

I now have 71 animals, more than half of which are duplicates with 23 of those duplicates being COMMON. 40 Commons in total.

So how am I doing? Roughly 30 percent of the album remains "IMPOSSIBLE TO BREED". So far, anyway. This is what my normal looks like after nearly 2 months of play. I feel your pain, Anayuszko; I'm just more accustomed to it.

On the bright side, while it would be nice to replace half of those Commons with Rares & Supers, we both have forests that can earn over a million coins per day. That's more than most players can claim, so I for one won't complain. I hope you can find the joy to keep playing; if not in breeding, at least in some other aspect of the game.

my607
09-15-14, 07:16 PM
Lately, I have been getting lots of commons too and a few rare. How am I supposed to breed a unicorn with this kind of luck? This is horrible and the expansions are going to cost a lot more too. Everything is just so expensive here. You think you have a lot of money but it's used up very fast. It's hard to earn quickly when you don't have the unicorn or Emerald dragon. I just don't like this it doesn't make the game fun. I hope in the future TL better have another animal that earn as much as the unicorn and easier to get.

Anyuszko
09-16-14, 02:53 AM
It is interesting, whenever I open the shop, I see:

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/shop.PNG

From this 8 animals I am missing 6. Feels like the program highly offers me to buy them... :)

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 05:09 AM
It is interesting, whenever I open the shop, I see:

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/shop.PNG

From this 8 animals I am missing 6. Feels like the program highly offers me to buy them... :)

The shop is programmed to display missing animals immediately after the new or featured ones. They don't do this in Dragon Story, but it's a convenient way to know exactly what you're missing, whether or not you're willing to buy.

Here are the 12 that appear in my shop after the featured Electrics. I am missing 11 out of these 12, plus 2 of the Electrics.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbefd6472.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbefd6472.jpg.html)

If you search by element, you should also notice that your missing animals are on top of each group. Once you hatch a new one, it drops down to its proper place on the list.

Anyuszko
09-16-14, 05:32 AM
Thanks, I did not notice it before.

dangerb0y
09-19-14, 10:30 AM
I have pretty much been using a lightning animal for breeding and only have recently been able to get the rare eagle beagle. The rest are all commons.

I have all the goals for all the elements available still because I cannot breed the super rares. Or I'll get a duplicate of a super I already have. So aggravating.

I have been able to win animals from the battle arena, so that's a positive.

Anyuszko
09-22-14, 06:03 AM
Just a quick note, I am still unable to breed supers. I am close to 100th attempt, with no super rare succeeding. Still "bad luck" isnt it?

flowless
09-22-14, 07:03 AM
Just a quick note, I am still unable to breed supers. I am close to 100th attempt, with no super rare succeeding. Still "bad luck" isnt it?

Change it up

I bread several supra rare while trying for unicorn
And when iam stuck with no luck I move on
Try to chose combos that would give u more than one missing animal

Like now iam breeding red and dark
For two possibilities onyx and cosmic

Hope it helps
Sometimes the bad luck streak suddenly end when u least expect it

And yes I agree in a way that buying gems with money
Somehow move the player to another selected group
In which the game programmed for them to spend more money

That's how I felt in dragon story
That's why never again buying any money
If I earned the gems fine
If not then I don't buy

avoryforest
09-22-14, 08:28 AM
I'm starting to feel your pain, I'm level 31 now and i love this game. I can honestly say that i play 24/7. I even set alarms so i can hatch eggs and start next breeds in the middle of the night, so ''obsessed'' is putting it lightly. I have most of the animals - EXCEPT for a few, which are not really that hard to get!!! Rampage, Grassquatch, rockodile, volcamel and the harder ones - Crystal unicorn and emerald dragon.

Now i sort of understand the last two, they are hard, they are the challenge of this game. But why on freakin earth do i struggle so badly to get the other ones? I try, i really try so hard, and iv'e been trying for a very long time now as well, its like i'm UNABLE to breed them, like really, my game is unable to breed them. I also thought i'm *****ing and moaning over bad luck, but after breeding EVERY combo in my forest i could think of, multiple times over again i'm really not thinking it's bad luck anymore! I know i have the correct combo's because iv'e done research also.

I think teamlava is starting to sink their own ship here. They can't make it this difficult AND add three or four animals a week, not even to mention taking forever to release expansions and battlefields. So we are stuck, and that's not really what people need in a GAME! It needs to move forward in a speed we can handle or else what is the point in even trying anymore. OR they just need to fix these glitches they keep denying exists! So many people can't all be wrong, and i know of many folks who deleted this game because of that.

I am a sucker who spend real money on gems, because i love this game, and i would never complain about something i truly enjoy, but this is now going a bit too far. Also i have send them an email asking if my game could possible have a glitch in, explaining my entire stuggle over animals that other people have plenty of - They responded with i need to use correct combo's... Yeah, as if that wasn't my first move, like two months ago.

I'm giving it all another try until the end of the month, if i am still stuck here like this i will join the massive group that deleted this game because of the mythical unfairness that doesn't seem so unrealistic anymore.

Anyuszko
09-22-14, 09:49 AM
Flowless, I am doing this way, eg I am breeding lightning-red animals with dark-red (I miss both dark-red super rare and lignting-red one) or lightning with earth-nature hybrid (I miss Grassquatch-earth nature super-, also lightning earth and lightning nature super rares, i even was unable to breed lignting nature rare one, despite the fact I have breed 12 commons - imagine how it feels ever failing on 16 hrs common, with not even a rare "fail")

So I keep breeding animals with 3-4 possible missing fails. At around 100 tries Still nothing.

As I wrote b4, I keep on trying while I expand and clear every where, I have a few places left. If I dont succeed breeding at least one super, i delete FS.

zenobia42
09-22-14, 09:57 AM
Anyuszko, I bet you get a super before I get the mother effing unicorn.

I am convinced that some coder changed my unicorn odds to zero.

If, in the next week, you get a super you've been trying a month for, and I get a unicorn I've been trying 2 months for, I will eat my words. But until then, I am convinced our personal game odds for what we are dying for has been set to zero.

ETA: Today is officially 60 days since the unicorn was rolled out. I have been trying usually 2-4 times a day since then, minus a day here and there where I gave up for a bit and just tried to get something else I didn't have. If I call it 2.5 times a day average, that is 150 fails and 0 successes.

Anyuszko
09-22-14, 10:53 AM
Zenobia, i am finger crossing for you :)

zenobia42
09-22-14, 12:17 PM
Zenobia, i am finger crossing for you :)

And I am for you!!!

seekerbears
09-22-14, 02:06 PM
Ok so I got my Nightmare yesterday and had to wait 18 hours for it to hatch if I remember correctly so I feed it to lvl 4 now I have to wait another 8 hours? Seriously?! I already had to go through enough trouble with the tournament by spending gems and all that but you his seriously need to limit the breeding time

hugpete
09-22-14, 11:11 PM

What are you using for parents? Here's what I've noticed: In DS, TL explicitly stated that level and rarity of parents doesn't factor into the outcome of the breed, but in FFS I have seen no such declaration. When I'm breeding, I tend to get rare or super rares when breeding with rare or super rares. I haven't kept track of all my breeds, but this is the trend I've noticed. Try breeding two super rares and see what happens.

Anyuszko
09-22-14, 11:59 PM
What are you using for parents? Here's what I've noticed: In DS, TL explicitly stated that level and rarity of parents doesn't factor into the outcome of the breed, but in FFS I have seen no such declaration. When I'm breeding, I tend to get rare or super rares when breeding with rare or super rares. I haven't kept track of all my breeds, but this is the trend I've noticed. Try breeding two super rares and see what happens.

Thank you. When my nightmare would be at least lvl 4 I should give it a try.

I went for various lighting super rares, but I have none. From rares I have the earth and fire one, but have no nature one (after 12 tries i have 12 common, not even a rare), so it is very hard to breed supers (when you do not have :)). But I keep it in mind, and should try this way somehow.

SANDSCApe
09-23-14, 10:12 AM
Flowless, I am doing this way, eg I am breeding lightning-red animals with dark-red (I miss both dark-red super rare and lignting-red one) or lightning with earth-nature hybrid (I miss Grassquatch-earth nature super-, also lightning earth and lightning nature super rares, i even was unable to breed lignting nature rare one, despite the fact I have breed 12 commons - imagine how it feels ever failing on 16 hrs common, with not even a rare "fail")

So I keep breeding animals with 3-4 possible missing fails. At around 100 tries Still nothing.

As I wrote b4, I keep on trying while I expand and clear every where, I have a few places left. If I dont succeed breeding at least one super, i delete FS.

Don't quit yet. Let's have a super-breeding showdow first. I haven't bred a super rare since -- I dunno -- I produced those extra Emerald Dragons shortly after they introduced the first Electrics in late August. I haven't had a super breed since then, I know. Can't recall how long before the Emeralds I went without breeding super.

So how about a breed-athon? If you breed a super before I do, or before Zenobia breeds a Unicorn, you can't quit, okay? ESPECIALLY if it's super Electric! I'm gonna be using 3 elements instead of 4, starting in a couple hours because dammit that's the last Thunderhawk I'll be nesting in a long, long time. One more and I'll be quivering in a corner.

Anyuszko
09-23-14, 11:39 AM
:) What keeps here are friends like you.

zenobia42
09-23-14, 11:41 AM
Don't quit yet. Let's have a super-breeding showdow first. I haven't bred a super rare since -- I dunno -- I produced those extra Emerald Dragons shortly after they introduced the first Electrics in late August. I haven't had a super breed since then, I know. Can't recall how long before the Emeralds I went without breeding super.

So how about a breed-athon? If you breed a super before I do, or before Zenobia breeds a Unicorn, you can't quit, okay? ESPECIALLY if it's super Electric! I'm gonna be using 3 elements instead of 4, starting in a couple hours because dammit that's the last Thunderhawk I'll be nesting in a long, long time. One more and I'll be quivering in a corner.

The Thunderhawk is SO annoying that I have decided to NEVER AGAIN put both nature and electric into the mix. I would really like a super rare electric, but not enough to deal with any more Thunderhawk epic fails. So... I am going to breed electric-fire-earth-and either water or dark until I get that electric super rare. If the Thunderhawk fail timer is not reduced, I will just never get a Storm Sphinx. Because it's SO not worth all the thunderhawk fails. The Thunderhawk is maybe the most annoying creature in ANY game I have EVER played. I mean, really? 16-hour effing fails? TL, if you think that is going to make me spend gems, you are DEAD WRONG. It only makes me avoid putting those two elements in the den. Ever. Again. if I can help it. Unless the timer is changed.

Anyway, I bet you and Anyszko get half a dozen supers each before I get a unicorn. Because I'm clearly NEVER gong to get one.

hugpete
09-23-14, 12:06 PM
Thank you. When my nightmare would be at least lvl 4 I should give it a try.

I went for various lighting super rares, but I have none. From rares I have the earth and fire one, but have no nature one (after 12 tries i have 12 common, not even a rare), so it is very hard to breed supers (when you do not have :)). But I keep it in mind, and should try this way somehow.

I meant to say, also try high level parents. High level super rares have worked best for me to breed super rares, but even two medium level rares seem to have a greater chance. Good luck!

hugpete
09-23-14, 12:13 PM
I mean, really? 16-hour effing fails?

In DS there is a 24, two 20, a 17, a 16, a 14, and a bunch of 12 hour fails. I don't expect FFS to be any different. If you want the Storm Sphinx, better to breed it now before more animals with those types are released.

zenobia42
09-23-14, 12:16 PM
In DS there is a 24, two 20, a 17, a 16, a 14, and a bunch of 12 hour fails. I don't expect FFS to be any different. If you want the Storm Sphinx, better to breed it now before more animals with those types are released.

I just can't stand the thunderhawk fails. It may sound hard to believe, but at this point I would really actually rather never get the Sphinx than get even one more stupid Thunderhawk fail on my way there.

kita_drisk
09-25-14, 07:54 AM
I just can't stand the thunderhawk fails. It may sound hard to believe, but at this point I would really actually rather never get the Sphinx than get even one more stupid Thunderhawk fail on my way there.

I fell exactly the same way about the cosmic pheonix. I really wanted it, but completely gave up with about my 14th firefox. I changed up all of my breeds regularly, between all ranges of levels, element chances, and rarity, but still continually failed. I just decided to give up. I decided then to just switch to the electric breeds, since I hadn't done so yet. Ended up a lot happier after that change.

flowless
09-25-14, 10:39 AM
My island is getting filled with bear string to get any supra rares (onyx or cosmic )
5 bears and counting and more foxes than I can count sold almost all of them
Was it hard for everyone like that
Or just me

my607
09-25-14, 01:09 PM
I don't have ox or Phoenix yet. But I have duplicates of some super rares. No unicorn yet very frustrating . I sold many armadillos, fox, rainguin and turtisle. When you least expect it then it could happen.

Snowfall0
09-25-14, 08:44 PM
My luck was awful at first and suddenly got better. My friend was landing rares and super rares left and right, and now she just gets commons. My lucky pair, aquatter and rampage has yielded me 7 rares out of 15 tries, which is pretty amazing. It's really odd, because rarity in the pair isn't supposed to matter. But I got a huge success rate from a rare/rare pair. Previously, 17 tries with turtisle and armadillo only gave commons. :confused:

zenobia42
09-26-14, 08:35 AM
I filled in TWO missing from my album in the last 2 days (rockodile and hedgehog)... of course, they were both just rares. I haven't gotten a new super in weeks. I got an 18 hour timer yesterday and went to sleep all excited and woke up to find it's a mammoth not an onyx ox. BUT at least my duplicate mammoth is a keeper, unlike the 3 duplicate plantlers I got trying for the hedgehog/grassquatch.

I am still missing 1 more rare (the spruce moose), and FIVE supers - the 3 electric supers, grassquatch, and onyx ox. And, of course, STILL at zero ultras.

So the blanks in my album are down to 8 again... for a few hours anyway, until they inevitably knock that back up to 10 or 11 in about 3 hours.

SANDSCApe
09-26-14, 08:43 AM
I hate to admit I've been wrong. So I'm going to say that I'm BEGINNING to SUSPECT that MAYBE I MIGHT have been MISTAKEN; that PERHAPS there is something not at all random about the persistence of commons, scarcity of rares and incredible absence of supers coming out of the Gardens of mature forests.

I will always argue that even with a 99% chance of success, it is still theoretically possible to fail persistently and indefinitely. But the more improbable and implausible such a thing is, the harder it is to dismiss it happening so frequently and almost invariably. Difficult if not possible to accept it as random.

Stunned by the endless procession of Thunderhawks from a 4-element combo, I eventually surrendered and decided to never again put Electric & Nature together, even though that would mean giving up on Sphinx. (With 18 breeds missing, why worry about one?). But all I accomplished by doing that was to change the flavor of failure. A procession of OTHER commons ensued, ensuring that the No-Super-Since-Mid-August festival would continue unabated.

Now I HAVE bred some new animals since August, including a handful of rares -- Volcamel, Daredevil & Beagle. I think I may even have my first Rampage breeding in the Garden right now. Four rares. But predominantly, overwhelmingly, more insistently than normal -- COMMON DUPLICATES.

What's really happening here? It certainly isn't poor breeding techniques. We know exactly what elements to breed for the animals we are after. It's not for lack of trying; those of us with this problem play very frequently with back-to-back, almost non-stop breeding; even speed-breeding in some cases. Those with multiple accounts have also observed that the less developed forests are blessed with supers while the more advanced forests seem to have hit a drought. Is it coincidence? It certainly isn't anything we can prove.

I've seen claims that rarity and level have something to do with breeding success, but there is little to back up that claim, especially since every element family has to start off with commons. I've never bred with rares, supers or ultras unless I absolutely HAD to, because I want my better earners to stay in the habitats and have better fighters available for battles. While someone could say that's why I've had no super breeds since August, it doesn't explain how I managed to breed the supers and ultras from late July to late August. Breeding patterns have not changed; only breeding results.

Although I am certain that rarity and level have no weight in breeding, I'm going to use mature rares starting later today. I am sure it will make no difference in the super scarcity. But after the Electric-Water super is introduced today, I will pair Iciclaw & Daredevil until Tournament Tuesday. Lets see if a Magmacore, Lion, Terradactyl, Griffin or Super-Voltage Electric Eel emerges. I'm missing all except Griffin. I'll report back here with results.

Although something seems fishy about the whole thing, I'm not terribly bothered by it. I gave up on the idea of a complete album very early in the game. In spite of my occasional spike on luck, my breeding outcomes have been mostly lame, but I make it work for me with my strange ratios: 10 ultras, 7 supers, 15 rares and 49 commons beyond the many I've had to sell for lack of space. In contrast, the game has only 2 ultra breeds, and more rares than commons.

I'm not a gem purchaser so it makes no sense for me to talk about withholding my money from TeamLava. I enjoy the game, even if my breeding is a dismal operation. In Dragon Story, they produce about 15-20 new dragons each month, nearly half of which are unbreedable. Between Arena battles, Tournaments, Mining for dragon parts and World events, I get about 7-8 new dragons, and hardly any from my busy breeding den. I breed for bombs. Once in a blue moon, a nice surprise shows up from a lucky pair.

If my Fantasy Forest breeding turns out to be mostly for bomb production also, I can deal with that. There's still plenty to enjoy. This is not complacency; it's taking the free game for what it is.

SANDSCApe
09-26-14, 04:23 PM
I've seen claims that rarity and level have something to do with breeding success, but there is little to back up that claim, especially since every element family has to start off with commons. I've never bred with rares, supers or ultras unless I absolutely HAD to, because I want my better earners to stay in the habitats and have better fighters available for battles. While someone could say that's why I've had no super breeds since August, it doesn't explain how I managed to breed the supers and ultras from late July to late August. Breeding patterns have not changed; only breeding results.

Although I am certain that rarity and level have no weight in breeding, I'm going to use mature rares starting later today. I am sure it will make no difference in the super scarcity. But after the Electric-Water super is introduced today, I will pair Iciclaw & Daredevil until Tournament Tuesday. Lets see if a Magmacore, Lion, Terradactyl, Griffin or Super-Voltage Electric Eel emerges. I'm missing all except Griffin. I'll report back here with results.

Well blow me down! There was no Electric Eel or whatever, so I decided not to go with the Daredevil-Iciclaw combo after all. But I still wanted to disprove this parent rarity thing, so I went with Daredevil-Volcamel. They are making a 22-hour baby. I absolutely cannot believe it.

cquinn32
09-26-14, 06:25 PM
Well blow me down! There was no Electric Eel or whatever, so I decided not to go with the Daredevil-Iciclaw combo after all. But I still wanted to disprove this parent rarity thing, so I went with Daredevil-Volcamel. They are making a 22-hour baby. I absolutely cannot believe it.

Awesome!! Congrats

kita_drisk
09-26-14, 06:39 PM
Congrats! ^_^

Anyuszko
09-27-14, 10:08 AM
Congrats! I still cant make supers. Soon Ill explore a new territory, then only one should left. I hope something changes before it. If not, then..

SANDSCApe
09-27-14, 10:39 AM
Congrats! I still cant make supers. Soon Ill explore a new territory, then only one should left. I hope something changes before it. If not, then..

So are YOU going to use rare parents? Or have you been doing that already?
I still think it was a fluke. Of course I'm happy that the long dry spell has been broken (or briefly interrupted), but I'm not convinced that the rarity of the parents had anything to do with it.

Anyuszko
09-27-14, 11:23 AM
So are YOU going to use rare parents? Or have you been doing that already?
I still think it was a fluke. Of course I'm happy that the long dry spell has been broken (or briefly interrupted), but I'm not convinced that the rarity of the parents had anything to do with it.

Yes I am using. Currently super x rare. Congrats to you again :) also for winning our who-can-make-first-super competiton :)

SANDSCApe
09-28-14, 06:35 AM
Yes I am using. Currently super x rare. Congrats to you again :) also for winning our who-can-make-first-super competiton :)

I've been thinking -- You know how DS players often use their Diamond dragon to breed new supers? What if we send out our darling Crystal Unicorn to hunt for our supers? Let's step it up with some Ultra&Rare breedings!

I'm missing many rares too, but I DO have rare cousins to all the supers I'm missing. Interesting coincidence.
So I think I'll try the following:
Unicorn-Daredevil for Lion
Unicorn-Beagle for Sphinx
Unicorn-Chameneon for Drake
Unicorn-Ember for Ox
Unicorn-Aquatter for Owl
Unicorn-Bamboon for Grassquatch
Unicorn-Rampage for Magmacore
Unicorn-Simian for Vinotaur
(Gosh, that's a lot of missing supers. This could take months! LOL)

Come on. What have we got to lose? Days of Unicorn income? So what? We can afford that sacrifice.

SANDSCApe
09-28-14, 06:41 AM
I've been thinking -- You know how DS players often use their Diamond dragon to breed new supers? What if we send out our darling Crystal Unicorn to hunt for our supers? Let's step it up with some Ultra&Rare breedings!

I'm missing many rares too, but I DO have rare cousins to all the supers I'm missing. Interesting coincidence.
So I think I'll try the following:
Unicorn-Daredevil for Lion
Unicorn-Beagle for Sphinx
Unicorn-Chameneon for Drake
Unicorn-Ember for Ox
Unicorn-Aquatter for Owl
Unicorn-Bamboon for Grassquatch
Unicorn-Rampage for Magmacore
Unicorn-Simian for Vinotaur
(Gosh, that's a lot of missing supers. This could take months! LOL)

Come on. What have we got to lose? Days of Unicorn income? So what? We can afford that sacrifice.

Actually, I'm not too keen on the pairings of Unicorn with Beagle, Aquatter, Bamboon or Simian. The last thing I need is another Emerald tying up my Garden & nest. You know how they love it here. LOL

Anyuszko
09-28-14, 01:36 PM
Thank you for the tip. I was pairing for more possible outcomes. 3 colors. Eg.lighning,green,nature coz I miss so much of outcomes (all supers and two rares).

JeannesThinkin
09-28-14, 02:52 PM
I don't always get a super when trying for a Crystal Unicorn, but when I do, I always get the two I already have and that was only two supers in what? 200 breedings? Not to mention, I keep on getting Fairy Ferret, when I can't come back every 3 hours. Gawd. Vinotaurs. I want to throw you to the mass of super-rare-deprived-players, so you can be of some use. I really want a Crystal. Why didn't I try for Crystal during the glitch????? Can't we have this thing when we can "Wondertrade" Super Rares (You know, like Pokemon?). That way, we can actually get a Super we actually want and the Super we traded can make someone's day. Or, even better, stop programming new animals for now, let us catch up, and work on the features for a while? You know, have an Update Month where you just add new features, every year. Maybe December? We would love a Christmas Present where Fantasy Forest Story (and possibly Dragon Story) can pull out of beta.

Anyuszko
09-29-14, 03:02 AM
Just for the record.

Since introducing Onyx Ox (22.08, now much more than a month ago) I CANNOT breed any super rare animals. I am over 100 tries, too tired now to count. Was trying different parents, high lvls, supers, whatever. I did not record all my outcomes, but was keeping all electric hybrids (for making coins), here is what I have:
Thunderhawk 17
Eagle beagle 0. (note I was not able even to breed a rare one, instead, 17 fails on 16 hrs Thundehawk)
Shock fox 9
Thunder mammoth 2
Fire glider 7
Daredevil 2

Super rare electrics: zero-zero-and zero.
Was also going for dark-fire supers (sold so many firefoxes), and grassquatch, also with countless commons.

BEFORE 22.08 (since the beginning of the game, from about 20th July) I was able to breed supers (but never a duplicate), I made one-one pieces from Vinotaur, Magmacore, Ocean owl, Aurora pegasus, Gracial griffin, Sea drake, Gargolem. That is 7 supers, like one super / week.

I CANNOT accept this is just bad luck, I learnt statistics, this is a way significant change. 6 weeks with no super (when each week a new one is released), and also rare animals dropped way low to appear (note my 17 thunderhawk fail with not even a single rare eaglebeagle).

I was reporting in the bug section, what TL ignored.
Then I started a thread, where also some players like me was reporting similar issues.
It seems that after a certain lvl/certain breed/whatever your breeding odd dramatically drops.

This thread has now 7 pages, with about 2500 views. With absolutely no change. Great.

flowless
09-29-14, 03:16 AM
I think they decreased the odds

Cuz everyone was reporting how the game was easier at first and getting the supra rares was not as hard as we thought it would be

But now I noticed the odds are way less than before

I got the Phoenix after getting 7 bears and god knows how many foxes

They reduced the odds by much that's my theory

SANDSCApe
09-29-14, 05:48 AM
After pulling off that one super fluke in over a month, I knew it would be back to a steady diet of commons, but I dared to hope that the Unicorn's presence in the Garden might work some magic. Hah! Apparently the Unicorn thinks I need 15 Gliders to go with my 15 Thunderhawks. Yes, THAT must be why I paired a pure Gem animal with my rare Electric-Fire -- to produce COMMON Electric-Fires. More commons for the Forest of Fifty-something Commons.

And while I've mostly resigned myself to the fact that I'm breeding bombs (fails) for bombs (explosives), I have to say it sucks like a tick to get one lousy bomb for every 11-hour Glider bred. So the net product of this Unicorn-Daredevil pair is 2 Electric commons and 2 explosives a day. Oh joy!

Anyuszko
09-29-14, 06:30 AM
After pulling off that one super fluke in over a month, I knew it would be back to a steady diet of commons, but I dared to hope that the Unicorn's presence in the Garden might work some magic. Hah! Apparently the Unicorn thinks I need 15 Gliders to go with my 15 Thunderhawks. Yes, THAT must be why I paired a pure Gem animal with my rare Electric-Fire -- to produce COMMON Electric-Fires. More commons for the Forest of Fifty-something Commons.

And while I've mostly resigned myself to the fact that I'm breeding bombs (fails) for bombs (explosives), I have to say it sucks like a tick to get one lousy bomb for every 11-hour Glider bred. So the net product of this Unicorn-Daredevil pair is 2 Electric commons and 2 explosives a day. Oh joy!

I was hoping you may be luckier now. But at least it seems that breeding super's possibility is not 0%. then 0,001? oh god

brandonu
09-29-14, 11:03 AM
I have 5 unique Super Rare creatures that I bred and duplicates of Vinotaur and Sea Drake (x2). I also have a Storm Sphinx on the nest now. Every combo I put in the den has at least 4 colors because I do not have a Crystal Unicorn.

Once the Storm Sphinx hatches, I will be missing 6 rare creatures and 7 super rare creatures.

brandonu
09-30-14, 07:20 AM
Same combination back in the den (lvl 4 Eagle Beagle and lvl 4 Iciclaw) produced 22 hours, which should be Super Rare Terradactyl.

zenobia42
09-30-14, 08:44 AM
Like brandonu, I am able to breed super rares. Got a second cosmic phoenix yesterday which brings my super rare total to 16 animals (including those won in the battlegrounds and arena). But not the friggen unicorn to save my life. And I cannot get a super rare electric to save my life either. Also still no grassquatch or onyx ox. And still one rare holdout: spruce moose.

It feels like we are being toyed with. If you get the unicorn, you then get shut out (or nearly so) of supers. Or you can get supers, but never ever ever ever ever a unicorn.

EviBrooklyn
09-30-14, 08:56 AM
Actually, I'm not too keen on the pairings of Unicorn with Beagle, Aquatter, Bamboon or Simian. The last thing I need is another Emerald tying up my Garden & nest. You know how they love it here. LOL

I can't breed an emerald no matter how hard I try

finnth12
10-01-14, 10:14 AM
What is breeding time 1 hour? Diamond and panda are the parent.

Anyuszko
10-01-14, 10:40 AM
Eh. Full September passed for me with zero super rare breed. For about 1,5 month I wasnt able to breed a single super rare, while 5 supers were coming out to market. I am pretty close to delete the game, and send all my critters into euthantic death. Thank you TL for totally ignoring my problem (which is not mine alone, check posts in this thread).

cquinn32
10-01-14, 10:58 AM
What is breeding time 1 hour? Diamond and panda are the parent.

Panda!

amberly321
10-01-14, 03:19 PM
The only new creatures I have been able to obtain in the last 6 weeks were won in tournament play and in the battleground. That is 6 weeks of breeding duplicate animals constantly! TL can't have it both ways - is impossible to breed rare or super rare creatures but these are the creatures needed to win tournaments/battles. I'm not even trying for the unicorn anymore because really how likely am I going to get it. As stated above I'm pretty close to putting my creatures out to pasture. I was worried that TL was going to treat this as another dragon story and that certainly seems to be true.

passinthru8
10-01-14, 03:51 PM
I can't breed anything but commons no matter what I do. Just about to give up, when today, I bred Lightning with Conducktor and got 22 hour Hippogryph. I hope it doesn't take another month to breed a new Rare.
Good Luck All!

tramba
10-07-14, 07:30 AM
can someone please tell me a combo to get cosmic phoenix ?

SANDSCApe
10-07-14, 08:18 AM
can someone please tell me a combo to get cosmic phoenix ?

Skyger & Pyro Pony. Go for it!

SANDSCApe
10-07-14, 09:23 AM
Eh. Full September passed for me with zero super rare breed. For about 1,5 month I wasnt able to breed a single super rare, while 5 supers were coming out to market. I am pretty close to delete the game, and send all my critters into euthantic death. Thank you TL for totally ignoring my problem (which is not mine alone, check posts in this thread).

Congratulations on your Terradactyl egg! Finally, eh? The curse is broken.

Anyuszko
10-07-14, 10:34 AM
Congratulations on your Terradactyl egg! Finally, eh? The curse is broken.

Thanks Sand, you do follow me ;) When I saw the 22 hrs time my first thought was I cant believe it, super rare dragon after 1,5 month of nothing. :) Second thought was then, I got tired. During this I cant tell~100 tries i became a bit , Hmmm, empty. I do play Still, but visiting neighbours rarely. Following forum not too often, posting only a few. I think i need time now to recover. My game *****ed me, and i need time to pass over it.

Anyway, thank you for your support. ;)

zenobia42
10-07-14, 12:33 PM
Thanks Sand, you do follow me ;) When I saw the 22 hrs time my first thought was I cant believe it, super rare dragon after 1,5 month of nothing. :) Second thought was then, I got tired. During this I cant tell~100 tries i became a bit , Hmmm, empty. I do play Still, but visiting neighbours rarely. Following forum not too often, posting only a few. I think i need time now to recover. My game *****ed me, and i need time to pass over it.

Anyway, thank you for your support. ;)

CONGRATS! And since you will hatch that before I hatch my unicorn, you beat me in the super vs ultra race! :p

brandonu
10-07-14, 12:48 PM
This Iciclaw and Eagle Beagle combination is the gift that keeps on giving.

Terradactyl
Storm Sphinx
Glacial Griffin
and now Grassquatch on the nest.

That's the 4th super rare combination since September 29th, with multiple breedings in between to try for the new Electric/Dark combinations.

zenobia42
10-07-14, 12:49 PM

Terradactyl
Storm Sphinx
Glacial Griffin

That's the 4th super rare combination since September 29th, with multiple breedings in between to try for the new Electric/Dark combinations.

WOW! I just might try that combo! Congrats!!!

Anyuszko
10-08-14, 12:46 AM
CONGRATS! And since you will hatch that before I hatch my unicorn, you beat me in the super vs ultra race! :p

Thanks Zenobia :) And a big congratz to you too :)

brandonu
10-08-14, 07:30 AM

Terradactyl
Storm Sphinx
Glacial Griffin

I was mistaken. It was a Hedgehog, not a Grassquatch. I didn't have that one either, so not mad but sorry for the misinformation.

I have a Falconch breeding now with the same combo.

tramba
10-08-14, 10:57 AM
okay.. other than that.. i keep getting firefox or ember bear... so frustrating :(

zenobia42
10-08-14, 11:10 AM
okay.. other than that.. i keep getting firefox or ember bear... so frustrating :(

It's just a matter of trying until you get lucky. I used skyger & pyro pony to get my first, I think - it was very early in the game. My second I got last week with fire glider & racmoon... but that is 4 elements so there are a LOT of potential fails from that combo. Of course, one of those "fails" is a unicorn so not really a fail lol.

Good luck!

Perry9877
10-08-14, 08:50 PM
I know this thread is a bit older than some of the other posts, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I feel pretty certain that when the game came out that the breeding was very lax in breeding Rares and Super Rares and the odd Unicorn. What I believe is the reason is that so many of us had pretty bad experiences with another "Story" breeding game. How could they hook us if this game was exactly like the other breeding game? By making breeding choice animals easy, of course! Once we all have time and for some of us $$$ invested, they shake it up. Breeding is not as outrageous as the other game, but wait a bit. This is still something of a new game. I already see that they are bringing in new animals faster than I can breed them. When I first began playing I thought how cool is this, I can breed awesome animals with a little patience and the right elements. Will I ever find a breeding game that does not make me want to tear my purple locks off my head??

Perry9877
10-08-14, 10:06 PM
Can anyone tell me why there are no 2 element hybrids that have Fire as the first element? I noticed this when the game first began and expected them to show up at some point, but nope, has not happened. So here is my idea for a fire prime creature: a Shellamander. It curls up into a ball and grows a protective shell when it sleeps, upon awakening the shell is caught a flame and disappears. I think it should be Fire/Earth since we do not want any forest fires. Hehehe

Anyuszko
10-09-14, 12:38 AM
Yup the speed of entering new animals is much faster than you can breed them. Only way to keep speed with them is speed breeding or buying directly.

When FFS was introduced, it was much more better game than DS which I already quit, because it became a disaster. For me it seems FFS is getting closer to be a second DS very soon. Too bad, it (was) a nice game. :(

SANDSCApe
10-09-14, 05:08 AM
I know this thread is a bit older than some of the other posts, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I feel pretty certain that when the game came out that the breeding was very lax in breeding Rares and Super Rares and the odd Unicorn. What I believe is the reason is that so many of us had pretty bad experiences with another "Story" breeding game. How could they hook us if this game was exactly like the other breeding game? By making breeding choice animals easy, of course! Once we all have time and for some of us $$$ invested, they shake it up. Breeding is not as outrageous as the other game, but wait a bit. This is still something of a new game. I already see that they are bringing in new animals faster than I can breed them. When I first began playing I thought how cool is this, I can breed awesome animals with a little patience and the right elements. Will I ever find a breeding game that does not make me want to tear my purple locks off my head??

Can't say that my entry was as easy-going as you and others attest. Breeding was fairly dismal for me in Satyr Sanctuary from the get-go as I shook my head at people who declared how "easy" it was to get supers and rares; I kept getting nothing but the same group of Commons. The first 2 battleground regions were my ONLY source of supers.

I caught a lucky break with an early Crystal Unicorn and cranked out some Emerald minions to make up for the horrible lack of rarity in my forest. Over the past couple weeks, at Level 40, following a 6-week dry spell, I bred 3 super-rares, which is a shocking all-time high for me in my two and a half months of play.

At no time in this or any other game have I had enough consistent luck to feel accustomed (or entitled) to it.

SANDSCApe
10-09-14, 05:29 AM
Can anyone tell me why there are no 2 element hybrids that have Fire as the first element? I noticed this when the game first began and expected them to show up at some point, but nope, has not happened. So here is my idea for a fire prime creature: a Shellamander. It curls up into a ball and grows a protective shell when it sleeps, upon awakening the shell is caught a flame and disappears. I think it should be Fire/Earth since we do not want any forest fires. Hehehe

Unlike the medley of elements we see in Dragon Story (Fire-Air, Air-Fire, Forest-Fire, Fire-Forest), the hybrids in Fantasy Forest are in very set, organized groups, with the upper element always coming first. Fire is at the bottom of the element list, so no hybrid type has it as the primary element.

This consistent ordering is very convenient and helps players keep track of the hybrids. If we had the full cohort of two-element hybrids from the current seven elements, the list would be as follows:
Gem-Electric
Gem-Dark
Gem-Water
Gem-Earth
Gem-Nature
Gem-Fire
Electric-Dark
Electric-Water
Electric-Earth
Electric-Nature
Electric-Fire
Dark-Water
Dark-Earth
Dark-Nature
Dark-Fire
Water-Earth
Water-Nature
Earth-Nature
Earth-Fire
Nature-Fire

This list also represents a descending order of classes. The further down the list they are, the less they earn for any given rarity and level.

Anyuszko
10-10-14, 04:07 AM
Yesterday I got very excited when I was breeding dark, water x electric, fire and saw a 18 hrs timer. I couldnt believe that I got my Onyx ox which I am hunting since it entered the scene. (and this was the moment when my account got been "cursed").
Then I realized it could have been an elephantom as well. (which I also dont have, so it is a new one, just it is not super, "only" rare).

At the end, this morning I saw it was an elephantom. However, it is the 3rd rare I got in a week or so, since I succeeded to breed my first super since August. Seems like my curse had been gone. I hope...

It is offtopic, but this morning I also finished the tournament, with surprisingly few losses (perhaps 4-5 altogether).

finnth12
10-10-14, 07:41 AM
Panda!

Thank you! It is panda. I have been breeding diamond and panda I never get the emerald.
And sorry for the late reply, been busy.

finnth12
10-10-14, 07:42 AM
Any good combo to make diamond/green dragon?

EviBrooklyn
10-10-14, 09:05 AM
Wow I finally got 45 hours with unicorn and panda. After over 100+ failed tries

SANDSCApe
10-10-14, 09:31 AM
Any good combo to make diamond/green dragon?

Check the Quetzal thread in the Dragon Story forums. Diamond-Forest is the most successful combo I know.

But if you mean the Gem-Nature hybrid (Emerald Dragon) here in Fantasy Forest, that depends on what fails you find acceptable. Unicorn-Panda will only give you one fail (a special nuisance 1-hour Panda that hatches in 20 seconds).
If you are missing Nature hybrids, then pair your Unicorn with a member of that Nature family. E.g., if you are missing a couple Earth-Natures, Unicorn-Plantlers may bring you that missing Hedgehog, Bamboon or Grassquatch as a fail, with no pain-in-the-butt Panda. If you don't have any missing Nature hybrids, deal with the Panda.

finnth12
10-10-14, 11:07 AM
Check the Quetzal thread in the Dragon Story forums. Diamond-Forest is the most successful combo I know.

But if you mean the Gem-Nature hybrid (Emerald Dragon) here in Fantasy Forest, that depends on what fails you find acceptable. Unicorn-Panda will only give you one fail (a special nuisance 1-hour Panda that hatches in 20 seconds).
If you are missing Nature hybrids, then pair your Unicorn with a member of that Nature family. E.g., if you are missing a couple Earth-Natures, Unicorn-Plantlers may bring you that missing Hedgehog, Bamboon or Grassquatch as a fail, with no pain-in-the-butt Panda. If you don't have any missing Nature hybrids, deal with the Panda.

No, not the dragon story I was talking about. Here in the fantasy forest, do they call it dragon too,lol?
I'm not remembering all the name of the creatures, but I know the basic like green, blue, red, purple etc. so I'll just say the color.

And yes, what I meant was the emerald. I don't like it 1 hr fail with 5 gold to speed up. Maybe I'll take your advice and pair it with the nature family that I still don't have it yet.
Thanks much.

GC5410
10-11-14, 07:24 AM
I only started playing this week so forgive me if this is a stupid question....

I expanded to the Frostfang and it was my first time using it for breeding. I can't remember exactly what I was breeding it with, but I know it was a mixed combo and the only ones I have are fairy ferret, jackalope, plantlers, armordillo and bamboon. I assumed since I was breeding with a water frostfang that I would get a water combo, but I didn't I got a Rampage. Is that odd? Is there a list of known breeding pairs and outcomes somewhere, so I can check these things myself directly rather than posting if I get something I'm unsure about again, please?

my607
10-11-14, 07:38 AM
There's info on page 2 breeding list. Check that page out it should be helpful

my607
10-11-14, 07:39 AM
I only started playing this week so forgive me if this is a stupid question....

I expanded to the Frostfang and it was my first time using it for breeding. I can't remember exactly what I was breeding it with, but I know it was a mixed combo and the only ones I have are fairy ferret, jackalope, plantlers, armordillo and bamboon. I assumed since I was breeding with a water frostfang that I would get a water combo, but I didn't I got a Rampage. Is that odd? Is there a list of known breeding pairs and outcomes somewhere, so I can check these things myself directly rather than posting if I get something I'm unsure about again, please?
That's not odd it could be a combination of water fire and earth

GC5410
10-11-14, 07:42 AM
Yes, sorry folks, I've found the answer now on another thread - can be any combo of the 3 elements used including just 2 from one "parent" and none from the other. Sorry, it's because I've played similar games and this never happened.

seekerbears
10-11-14, 02:42 PM
I have a suggestion. Um maybe you guys could do a fantasy forest story Halloween just like you did for dragon story that would be great!

Perry9877
10-12-14, 01:21 AM
Thank you very much for the information! As a former DS player, I was used to seeing all of the possible combinations and noticed straight off the difference in the elements order. Wondered about it for a bit, but needed to find out if it was deliberate. Again, Thank you!

EviBrooklyn
10-13-14, 11:16 PM

How about a fire fox and ember bear? You might get it.

Bambamstad
10-13-14, 11:23 PM
I keep getting planthers, five in a row, trying for moose or peamoth..

It is a bit frustating, but on the other hand, it keeps you busy.

Third pegasus in the breeding den, another fail :-(

EviBrooklyn
10-13-14, 11:37 PM
Hey Sand, do you think I'll get a unicorn but breeding unicorn and emerald?

Lipand5kids
10-14-14, 10:00 AM
I think this is my 8th Conducktor and another one breeding. Trying to get a Hippogryph, any luck on the parents or is it just a hit or miss? Ty

my607
10-14-14, 10:03 AM
I think this is my 8th Conducktor and another one breeding. Trying to get a Hippogryph, any luck on the parents or is it just a hit or miss? Ty

I used the basic single element. Electric and frostfang

Lipand5kids
10-14-14, 10:38 AM
I used the basic single element. Electric and frostfang

Ty I've been trying the single elements but just tried Conducktor and Frostfang with another Conducktor coming. Will go back to Lightning and Frost. Maybe after awhile I may get my Hippo.

my607
10-14-14, 10:52 AM
Ty I've been trying the single elements but just tried Conducktor and Frostfang with another Conducktor coming. Will go back to Lightning and Frost. Maybe after awhile I may get my Hippo.

Good luck to you

chefstacey69
10-14-14, 03:56 PM
I want aurora Pegasus did u ever get one? Ty

Bambamstad
10-18-14, 01:56 AM
I got my fourth pegasus today.

Does anybody know what you get from a complete unicorn breed, so both partners be unicorn? I was wondering if you get another one?

my607
10-18-14, 06:32 AM
I read somewhere it's easier to get unicorn by using unicorn and unicorn. Instead, of the four elements.

Melis2a84
10-18-14, 02:16 PM
Hi All!
I'm trying to breed an emerald dragon but I was reading in another thread that there is a block on them is this true? How do we get an emerald dragon? :confused:

EviBrooklyn
10-18-14, 02:23 PM
Hi All!
I'm trying to breed an emerald dragon but I was reading in another thread that there is a block on them is this true? How do we get an emerald dragon? :confused:

Breed panda and unicorn 200-300 times :-)

Melis2a84
10-18-14, 02:25 PM
Breed panda and unicorn 200-300 times :-)

So it's still definitely possible to breed lol? Thanks

I have already tried about 50 times but my unicorn is always breeding but if I have to keep trying I will :rolleyes:

zenobia42
10-18-14, 02:52 PM
Hi All!

The "panda blocker" refers to a change they made in the game weeks ago. Originally, when breeding a unicorn and panda, if you got a panda fail, it was a 20-second breed, and 20-second egg incubation time. Therefore, the folks who were lucky very early in the game, could get an emerald by sitting and tapping for a few solid hours, because you could make a couple hundred attempts in that span of time. Then they changed the panda fail to be an hour. (Actually, they briefly made it FIVE hours, then changed that to 1 hour). So now each panda fail takes us folks who were not lucky enough to get a unicorn earlier in the game 180 times as long as it took them.

300 attempts at the emerald, assuming you really only do 2 not the theoretical maximum of 3 per minute, took them 2.5 hours. It takes us, if we can login say 15 times a day, that is 20 days of breeding NOTHING but unicorn and panda to make the same 300 attempts it took the lucky ones 2.5 hours to do. It makes it EXCEPTIONALLY more difficult for us than it was for some players. And that is only if you can login that often. It's pretty reasonable to assume that it's easy to pick one evening a week to devote 2.5 hours to the game, but for many folks, 8 1-hour attempts a day is really pushing it. At 8 attempts per day, those 300 attempts will take 37.5 days. Over a month. That others got to do in an evening.

If we had ALL been given those odds, it would be one thing. But the game created some elitism by treating some players (those who were lucky early) differently than others who try just as hard, and devote as much time and money to the game, as them. THAT, much more-so than the difficulty in getting an emerald now, is the reason so many are not happy with the change. Every player should have the same chance as everyone else to get every animal. That is NOT the case unless they eliminate the emerald blocker and let the rest of us have the same chance the early lucky ones had.

Melis2a84
10-18-14, 02:58 PM
The "panda blocker" refers to a change they made in the game weeks ago. Originally, when breeding a unicorn and panda, if you got a panda fail, it was a 20-second breed, and 20-second egg incubation time. Therefore, the folks who were lucky very early in the game, could get an emerald by sitting and tapping for a few solid hours, because you could make a couple hundred attempts in that span of time. Then they changed the panda fail to be an hour. (Actually, they briefly made it FIVE hours, then changed that to 1 hour). So now each panda fail takes us folks who were not lucky enough to get a unicorn earlier in the game 180 times as long as it took them.

300 attempts at the emerald, assuming you really only do 2 not the theoretical maximum of 3 per minute, took them 2.5 hours. It takes us, if we can login say 15 times a day, that is 20 days of breeding NOTHING but unicorn and panda to make the same 300 attempts it took the lucky ones 2.5 hours to do. It makes it EXCEPTIONALLY more difficult for us than it was for some players. And that is only if you can login that often. It's pretty reasonable to assume that it's easy to pick one evening a week to devote 2.5 hours to the game, but for many folks, 8 1-hour attempts a day is really pushing it. At 8 attempts per day, those 300 attempts will take 37.5 days. Over a month. That others got to do in an evening.

If we had ALL been given those odds, it would be one thing. But the game created some elitism by treating some players (those who were lucky early) differently than others who try just as hard, and devote as much time and money to the game, as them. THAT, much more-so than the difficulty in getting an emerald now, is the reason so many are not happy with the change. Every player should have the same chance as everyone else to get every animal. That is NOT the case unless they eliminate the emerald blocker and let the rest of us have the same chance the early lucky ones had.

Thanks Zenobia
I guess il just keep trying and trying when I can thanks for the info and hopefully we can breed one ;)
And congrats on getting your unicorn I got one too yay!!!

zenobia42
10-18-14, 03:02 PM
Thanks Zenobia
I guess il just keep trying and trying when I can thanks for the info and hopefully we can breed one ;)
And congrats on getting your unicorn I got one too yay!!!

Congrats to you, too, and good luck on the emerald!

I've probably made 40 attempts at the emerald so far myself. What is extra frustrating is that, during the pumpkin event, any panda fail you generate from an emerald attempt, for the entire 3 weeks the event is on, mean an hour that you do NOT get a pumpkin for. Because pumpkins are based on incubation time not breeding time. And they made it so that the breeding time for panda fails is 1 hour, but the incubation time 20 seconds. :(

Melis2a84
10-18-14, 03:22 PM
Congrats to you, too, and good luck on the emerald!

I've probably made 40 attempts at the emerald so far myself. What is extra frustrating is that, during the pumpkin event, any panda fail you generate from an emerald attempt, for the entire 3 weeks the event is on, mean an hour that you do NOT get a pumpkin for. Because pumpkins are based on incubation time not breeding time. And they made it so that the breeding time for panda fails is 1 hour, but the incubation time 20 seconds. :(

Thanks luv good luck with the emerald too! we will get one soon lol :D :D
I agree totally with the pumpkins we should get one after the incubation of the panda, darn thing lol

my607
10-19-14, 12:45 PM
I just got a 16 hour from breeding owl bear and glider. But there are four animals that have 16 hour. Hopefully, it's frankswine or daredevil and I wouldn't mind the pegsus either.

Melis2a84
10-19-14, 05:07 PM
I read somewhere it's easier to get unicorn by using unicorn and unicorn. Instead, of the four elements.

If you breed unicorn with unicorn you have 7 possibilities which are
Pyro Pony
Pandaffodil
Rock Rhino
Frostfang
Lightning Leopard
Skyger
Crystal Unicorn

If you breed unicorn with emerald you will get emerald or panda

Hope that helps

MelodicStars
10-26-14, 08:14 AM
Yesterday I got very excited when I was breeding dark, water x electric, fire and saw a 18 hrs timer. I couldnt believe that I got my Onyx ox which I am hunting since it entered the scene. (and this was the moment when my account got been "cursed").
Then I realized it could have been an elephantom as well. (which I also dont have, so it is a new one, just it is not super, "only" rare).

At the end, this morning I saw it was an elephantom. However, it is the 3rd rare I got in a week or so, since I succeeded to breed my first super since August. Seems like my curse had been gone. I hope...

It is offtopic, but this morning I also finished the tournament, with surprisingly few losses (perhaps 4-5 altogether
I think you've given me your "curse." Jk but I've been breeding NOTHING but firefoxes and racmoons. THATS. IT. This is not a good time either, since the scarecrow is limited and all I'm doing is drowning in racmoons...

bluefoxcrystal
10-28-14, 11:32 AM
Does anybody have any ideas on that blasted hedgehog? :/ Been trying for him since the day he came out....

my607
10-28-14, 02:21 PM
Does anybody have any ideas on that blasted hedgehog? :/ Been trying for him since the day he came out....

I just got the hog few days ago. Pegsus and werewolf

bluefoxcrystal
10-28-14, 04:21 PM
I just got the hog few days ago. Pegsus and werewolf

Thank you :) i'll try it out.

Melis2a84
10-28-14, 04:29 PM
I got the hedgehog while I was trying for unicorn i breed iciclaw with jackalope
Hope this helps abit :D

my607
10-28-14, 04:30 PM
Thank you :) i'll try it out.

But it doesn't always work that's the bad thing

zenobia42
11-02-14, 12:07 PM
It has now been 27 days since I have managed to breed a new super rare.

NOT for lack of trying. I have used gems every single day, for minor or major speed breeding in that time.

And it's not because there are only a couple super rares left to fill my album - I am missing *7* super rares.

But the game has decided that I should get NONE, in nearly a MONTH. Grrrrrrrr.

zenobia42
11-03-14, 10:50 PM
Well, how about that? Sometimes just talking about a little curse can break it. Just got a 23-hour dark-electric. As a bonus, the fail I put in the nest just before breeding these is relatively short. So I may pop my skeletal dragon or thorilla in the nest when the chromadile egg is out and my koala & skyger still gettin' in on.

So tomorrow night I'll speed that and put my zapra in the nest and the next day I'll have my firs newly bred super rare in 29 days. :) AND that will put me back into single digit numbers missing from my album... until they release another handful of animals in 14 hours.... shoot, before my zapra hatches. So I won't actually be back to 9 missing unless they magically release none tomorrow. Unlikely. Anyway, I'm totally rambling. YAY! I'm happy I will soon have a zapra after such a long dry spell. :)

riddledom
11-04-14, 07:58 PM
Well, how about that? Sometimes just talking about a little curse can break it.

Ah, maybe I should give that a go? Oh mighty UNICORN where are thee, thou CRYSTAL beauty?

Basically I am feeling a little stuck in the game (even with this many animals released). On the one hand I would sometimes like to try for specific animals using a limited number of elements, on the other hand I feel I am missing those tries on the unicorn. And tries there have been many.

xxxe
11-06-14, 06:58 AM
Ah, maybe I should give that a go? Oh mighty UNICORN where are thee, thou CRYSTAL beauty?

Basically I am feeling a little stuck in the game (even with this many animals released). On the one hand I would sometimes like to try for specific animals using a limited number of elements, on the other hand I feel I am missing those tries on the unicorn. And tries there have been many.

I know how you feel. I want to breed just specific elements but I always think well maybe this time is the time I will finally get the unicorn! Hopefully one day we will get our beauty!

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 05:43 PM
I know how you feel. I want to breed just specific elements but I always think well maybe this time is the time I will finally get the unicorn! Hopefully one day we will get our beauty!

You deserve a cookie. That pep talk was beautiful ;/

I wish you and everybody else (and myself) luck on their Unicorn.

cavegirl1
11-07-14, 07:05 PM
Much as I wish for a crystal unicorn , the one that bugs me most is that I can't breed a volcamel. It's just rare but it eludes me!

JeannesThinkin
11-08-14, 08:03 PM
Much as I wish for a crystal unicorn , the one that bugs me most is that I can't breed a volcamel. It's just rare but it eludes me!

Me too. All the new rares I get are Jackalopes and Hedgehogs.

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 08:39 PM

Maybe you should try its 2 basic elements for 2-3 rounds.

cavegirl1
11-09-14, 08:10 AM
Maybe you should try its 2 basic elements for 2-3 rounds.

Done that I don't know how many times!

readysetgo888
11-09-14, 08:19 AM
I know everyone's "impossible to breed" is different but for me it's definitely electric super rares. I only have 1, the storm sphynx, and I got that one as like my third attempt ever breeding with the electric element. I don't know why the electric element hates me so much... I've gotten more conducktors as fails than any other common fail. Oh and I'm on like my 5th falconch... enough already! I've been trying for the terrodactyl/hippograph/zapra at the same time for a while, sometimes also the gold lion. I hope it's not much longer before I get one of them.... it's a little frustrating.

I got the crystal unicorn with peamoth / thunder mammoth if that helps anyone!

my607
11-09-14, 08:40 AM
Hippogryph I used single element on first try. Go to personal experiment breeding that post has tons of animal combos.

sanya87
11-09-14, 09:23 AM
I know everyone's "impossible to breed" is different but for me it's definitely electric super rares. I only have 1, the storm sphynx, and I got that one as like my third attempt ever breeding with the electric element. I don't know why the electric element hates me so much... I've gotten more conducktors as fails than any other common fail. Oh and I'm on like my 5th falconch... enough already! I've been trying for the terrodactyl/hippograph/zapra at the same time for a while, sometimes also the gold lion. I hope it's not much longer before I get one of them.... it's a little frustrating.

I got the crystal unicorn with peamoth / thunder mammoth if that helps anyone!

i would like to send you my luck for breeding electric super rares cause i got them all! i have more trouble with rares actually! you can see combinations i used on personal experiment of breeding, and hope you will get some soon :)

my607
11-09-14, 09:37 AM

Maybe try armadillo and pony for few times. I think that should work

zenobia42
11-09-14, 10:37 AM
Maybe try armadillo and pony for few times. I think that should work

You know, I have to say that approach actually seems to work for me. Instead of using 2 monos, when I use 1 mono and 1 hybrid (common, rare or super rare), I seem to be more likely to get what I want.

readysetgo888
11-09-14, 10:50 AM
i would like to send you my luck for breeding electric super rares cause i got them all! i have more trouble with rares actually! you can see combinations i used on personal experiment of breeding, and hope you will get some soon :)

Thanks I will check it out!

sanya87
11-09-14, 10:55 AM
Thanks I will check it out!

you're welcome and good luck :)

Hawksmoor
11-10-14, 04:11 PM
Trying for the Bansheep, I put Elephantom and Arboar in the den and got a weird timer? 17 hr, 1 min, and 30 sec?

readysetgo888
11-10-14, 04:12 PM
That is a Falconch

Hawksmoor
11-10-14, 04:16 PM
Oh! Ok, thanks very much! I don't have that one yet. Why such an odd timer?

dreamusman
11-10-14, 04:50 PM
Oh! Ok, thanks very much! I don't have that one yet. Why such an odd timer?

Don't know maybe just a glitch

cocauina
11-10-14, 05:18 PM
I don't think this is a glitch, Falconch was released on 19th of September and since the release that his breeding and incubation time is 17 hrs, 1min and 37sec.. TL never changed, so yeah..

pittychick
11-13-14, 06:43 AM
Thats a skygar

Hawksmoor
11-13-14, 06:46 AM
Thats a skygar

Actually, it was a Falconch. Skyger egg is 7 hrs :o

Hawksmoor
11-13-14, 06:47 AM
Actually, it was a Falconch. Skyger egg is 7 hrs :o

But yes, the egg I already had in my nest was a Skyger. I meant the one in the breeding den ;-)

sanya87
12-03-14, 01:08 PM
i wonder what are the possible outcomes when breeding crystal unicorn with electric dark animals like koala cadabra, elephanthom or zapra?? is there any posibility to get a bansheep from those combinations?

ninasidstorm8
12-03-14, 01:17 PM
i wonder what are the possible outcomes when breeding crystal unicorn with electric dark animals like koala cadabra, elephanthom or zapra?? is there any posibility to get a bansheep from those combinations?

I would expect the combination you describe to result in a Citrine Peregrin or any of the Electric/Dark animals.

sanya87
12-03-14, 01:41 PM
I would expect the combination you describe to result in a Citrine Peregrin or any of the Electric/Dark animals.

thanks for replying! and what about lightning leopard and skyger, is it possible to get them too?

ninasidstorm8
12-03-14, 03:03 PM
thanks for replying! and what about lightning leopard and skyger, is it possible to get them too?

I do not know for sure but I don't believe you will. I don't have a Unicorn but when I breed a pure type with a combination type, I never get the pure strain of the combination as a fail. For example, a Pandaffodil is not a fail for a Nature/Fire creature, it would be nice to have that short fail sometimes.

sanya87
12-03-14, 04:12 PM
I do not know for sure but I don't believe you will. I don't have a Unicorn but when I breed a pure type with a combination type, I never get the pure strain of the combination as a fail. For example, a Pandaffodil is not a fail for a Nature/Fire creature, it would be nice to have that short fail sometimes.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking too but just wanted to be sure. I think you're right and leopard for example, you can get only by breeding unicorn with another leopard.

hh334
12-19-14, 09:18 PM
What combos do I need to get a Sparkling Diamond?

zenobia42
12-19-14, 09:32 PM
What combos do I need to get a Sparkling Diamond?

There is a very small chance you will get the crystal unicorn any time you put any 4 different elements in the den. It doesn't seem to matter what elements, or how rare or what level the animals are. Just 4 elements. And it takes many players months to get it, if they do. Best of luck to you!

ToshiNoMiya
12-23-14, 05:38 AM
I have been trying since the start of the event to get a Toypoodle, but only got Reindeer - four so far - even though I've tried variations according to the breeding guide. Is there any proven successful combination to the the Toypoodle?

PernReloaded
01-02-15, 12:56 AM
I have been trying since the start of the event to get a Toypoodle, but only got Reindeer - four so far - even though I've tried variations according to the breeding guide. Is there any proven successful combination to the the Toypoodle?
Woof, sorry this question got overlooked!

The best bet would be breeding Reindeer and Pandoffil. You'll get some of the original fire/nature fails, but you might get the Christmas element from the Reindeer to go with the nature element from Pandaffil, and get the toy poodle that way. Unfortunately, it's not a guarantee, but it can raise your odds.

FallenH
01-04-15, 10:31 AM
Finally.. harvest hedgehog + noel elephant :)

Listal
01-08-15, 08:18 AM
Can any creature for special event with lots of luck be bread?

also how do you breed a crystal unicorn, i don't get 5 elements

keller63
01-08-15, 08:57 AM
Can any creature for special event with lots of luck be bread?

also how do you breed a crystal unicorn, i don't get 5 elements

Crystal unicorn is 4 different elements, such as a rock/fire hybrid with a grass/water hybrid. 4 different elements in the breeding at one time.

As for creatures like the Hollie collie or scarecrow etc, no they can't as far as I'm aware, you can only breed them when they are available, after such time they are no longer available to breed. In 1d you will NOT be able to breed the Unicornucopia anymore. It's time scale will be over

Yes I'm aware Hollie collie isn't a breedable creature in the first place much like the steamtrunk but its a special animal so that's why I included it. But creatures Like pumpkin panda and harvest hedgehog are no longer available to breed

keller63
01-24-15, 06:02 PM
What on earth have I just bred??? 12hour timer, nothing on guide4gamers egg chart for water/earth or water/electric...

Shock fox and frostfang parents.

Anyone have any ideas???

Vodelle
01-24-15, 06:50 PM
Shock fox, lightning/earth.

keller63
01-24-15, 09:21 PM
Shock fox, lightning/earth.

even though the parents are what they are? doesnt make any sense to get shock fox with those parents, i dont have lightening/rock on opposite parents? i thought the pairing worked that you get one element from one parent and the other from the other parent, not the elements of the same parent and ignore the other?

keller63
01-25-15, 03:10 AM
Wow, didn't know that.... Such a waste if 24 hours. Well thanks for clearing that up, certainly won't be happening again-.- just thought I would **** 2 birds with one stone for menoram/possum.

Yet I find it hilarious you can't get a frostfang from this combo and yet find the calculator useless as it doesn't give a percentage chance for getting it.. I could have said exactly what it told me without going through all that of. Except for the lightning/earth combos. Makes absolutely no sense, if I was wanting rock/lightning I would have paired lightning leopard with rock rhino, had one element on either side, most certainly don't expect to get those other hybrids from the shock fox. Only wanted water/electric or water/rock. -.-

Vodelle
01-25-15, 05:14 AM
Well, it just seems you misinterpreted how breeding works in this game (and in many others). It doesn't just take an element from each parent, but combines all the parents' elements and draws from that. (Otherwise you could breed a crystal unicorn with something else and ALWAYS get an ultra rare... yeah, not happening.)

kestrelcatcher
01-28-15, 09:03 AM
I bred 4 elements, and have a 45 hour breed time! In my tree if anyone wants to see the parents, no idea what it is, yet. Was trying for the crystal unicorn... Very excited to see what I get!

readysetgo888
01-28-15, 09:13 AM
I bred 4 elements, and have a 45 hour breed time! In my tree if anyone wants to see the parents, no idea what it is, yet. Was trying for the crystal unicorn... Very excited to see what I get!

It's a Unicorn... you can't get any of the gem hybrids unless you already have a Unicorn and were using it in breeding. 45 hours when 4 elements are used always has to be the Unicorn, unless one of the elements you used was the gem (meaning that you would have to be using a gem hybrid to breed with).

kestrelcatcher
01-28-15, 09:24 AM
Omg, yay!!! I do not have one yet! I thought this might be the tucan or something, but the unicorn is WAAAAAY better!!!

readysetgo888
01-28-15, 09:35 AM
Omg, yay!!! I do not have one yet! I thought this might be the tucan or something, but the unicorn is WAAAAAY better!!!

Congrats! The Unicorn is awesome!

You can only get Toucan by breeding Ocean Owl and Vinotaur together... its breed time is 24 hours.

kestrelcatcher
01-28-15, 12:08 PM
Ah, thank you readysetgo! I will try that possibly next, I was wondering what the combo would be. I had it in my head that unicorn was 24 hour breed time, so I got a very pleasant surprise to learn otherwise! And thank you for the congratulations :)

ghabra
01-29-15, 04:07 AM
I have an egg that after breeding electric water and takes 21 hours to hatch in the nest.
Is that a menorah ? It's not in the breeding list.

sanya87
01-29-15, 04:11 AM
It's confetti yeti, congrats, I am trying for it but no luck... menoram is 22 hours btw

ghabra
01-29-15, 08:16 AM
It's confetti yeti, congrats, I am trying for it but no luck... menoram is 22 hours btw

If it is really confetti yeti i will sell it. I already have it. I am trying my best to get the menoram before it is expired.
I was deceived when I thought that the menoram is not a limited time creature and suddenly it became limited timed and i have to breed it in a few days like an ambush.

readysetgo888
01-29-15, 08:54 AM
If it is really confetti yeti i will sell it. I already have it. I am trying my best to get the menoram before it is expired.
I was deceived when I thought that the menoram is not a limited time creature and suddenly it became limited timed and i have to breed it in a few days like an ambush.

We kind of know now that anything seasonally themed is probably going to be removed. They seem to give us about a month before making it limited. My guess is Confetti Yeti will be limited tomorrow. Sometimes it's tough to tell whether something is seasonal, but on animals where there's any chance it's seasonal, I'd recommend assuming you've got about a month to breed them.

Buttercup0001
01-30-15, 04:45 PM

I have just placed this egg on my tree of life but can't identify it. I've looked in the egg chart but its not there unless I missed it Anyone got any idea on what it is???

[S8] Regina
01-30-15, 04:51 PM

I have just placed this egg on my tree of life but can't identify it. I've looked in the egg chart but its not there unless I missed it Anyone got any idea on what it is???

Looks like you got the Paradise Parrot!

Buttercup0001
01-30-15, 05:00 PM
Regina;1044421']Looks like you got the Paradise Parrot!

Thanks Regina......I just saw the egg in paradise parrot thread.....yay a new one for me

keller63
02-03-15, 09:29 AM
Well, it just seems you misinterpreted how breeding works in this game (and in many others). It doesn't just take an element from each parent, but combines all the parents' elements and draws from that. (Otherwise you could breed a crystal unicorn with something else and ALWAYS get an ultra rare... yeah, not happening.)

Yeah well as unicorn is an ultra and a special creature you would expect to have a slightly different rule to breeding it. It isn't however completely obvious you would get an exact replica of one parent as in the whole of the world you always get something from the other parent, even if it isn't completely obvious. So yes, I fell in that trap of expecting to get one element from either parent. Certainly isn't going to happen again....

finnth12
03-11-15, 12:34 PM
I got timer 45 hrs from unicorn and dare devil. All diamond hybrid is 45 hrs right?

zenobia42
03-11-15, 12:42 PM
I got timer 45 hrs from unicorn and dare devil. All diamond hybrid is 45 hrs right?

Yes. Congrats! You either have a ruby razorback or a citrine peregrin!

luna2cute
03-12-15, 10:52 AM
I bred terroir and gold lion trying for golden retriever. I got 23 hour breed time and 23 hour hatch time. But I can find a pic of this egg anywhere.

Can someone help identify it for me?

Thanks kindly!

Felicity1404
03-12-15, 11:06 AM
Could it be a Mardi Claw? It's a 23 hour breed and there is no picture of it in the breeding thread...

Vodelle
03-12-15, 11:22 AM
That is indeed a mardi claw. I hatched that same egg just this morning. :)

zenobia42
03-12-15, 12:43 PM
Congrats, luna & Vodelle on your Mardi Claws!

finnth12
03-13-15, 04:43 PM
Yes. Congrats! You either have a ruby razorback or a citrine peregrin!

Yay! Thanks! Either one I don't have it yet.

Just put it on the nest....

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/7bf37c2769370fbea01aa6acfc020b68_zps5cd1a3b8.jpg

zenobia42
03-13-15, 06:18 PM
I'm jealous - I don't have that one! :)

Yay! Thanks! Either one I don't have it yet.

Just put it on the nest....

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/7bf37c2769370fbea01aa6acfc020b68_zps5cd1a3b8.jpg

finnth12
03-14-15, 05:28 PM
I'm jealous - I don't have that one! :)

This one will be my first unicorn hybrid. I missed the glitch on ruby, lol.
I was trying for golden lion, and got this by accident. You'll get it soon, send you luck.

Now if anyone can suggest me to get golden lion, I've been trying like forever but nothing yet. I think it's not breedable on my island :(

sweethutch
03-20-15, 01:00 PM
This may be a stupid question or one covered somewhere else but does anyone know how I ended up with a Skyger egg by breeding 2 crystal unicorns together? I was assuming that by breeding 2 ultra rare gem animals, it would produce another ultra rare? Does anyone know what possible outcomes you can end up with when breeding 2 unicorns together???

Vodelle
03-20-15, 01:09 PM
This may be a stupid question or one covered somewhere else but does anyone know how I ended up with a Skyger egg by breeding 2 crystal unicorns together? I was assuming that by breeding 2 ultra rare gem animals, it would produce another ultra rare? Does anyone know what possible outcomes you can end up with when breeding 2 unicorns together???

You can get any single-element animals. So, rock rhino, skyger, treasure toucan etc are all possibilities - though of course you are more likely to get commons rather than ultra rares.

(Otherwise anyone with two unicorns to mash together would have a whole forest of them by now, eh?)

sweethutch
03-20-15, 01:25 PM
You can get any single-element animals. So, rock rhino, skyger, treasure toucan etc are all possibilities - though of course you are more likely to get commons rather than ultra rares.

(Otherwise anyone with two unicorns to mash together would have a whole forest of them by now, eh?)

Thanks Vodelle! I figured it would be too easy to just get only ultra rares but I wasn't sure what possibilities I COULD get. So in addition to the single element animals, I could possibly get a toucan, golden retriever, and unicorn too, right?
Thanks again for your quick response!