PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Combos and Questions (Thread 1)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Robkendy
03-21-15, 10:45 AM
Just asking for some clairification.
Would breeding a crystal unicorn with a treasure toucan result it the possibility of another treasure animal?
Would this breeding pair produce any other ultra rares?
Thanks ahead of time.

readysetgo888
03-21-15, 11:29 AM
Treasure animals can't be used in breeding.

You can get treasure animals breeding two unicorns together. Otherwise the only way to get them is to use their specific pair.

rjazz
03-21-15, 04:14 PM
The Treasure Toucan can not be used to breed with. So you can't breed it with a anything. But what Ready said is also true.

boarsheadpub
03-21-15, 06:55 PM
Can anyone help me identify this egg please? I cannot find it on the egg guide. 19307
It has a 23 hour timer and I got it using fire glider and twilight troll.

ninasidstorm8
03-21-15, 07:35 PM
Can anyone help me identify this egg please? I cannot find it on the egg guide. 19307
It has a 23 hour timer and I got it using fire glider and twilight troll.

It is a Mardi Claw egg. Congratulations.

boarsheadpub
03-22-15, 12:18 AM
Thank you!

amerirish
03-31-15, 08:37 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but for anyone who has managed to breed a Ruby Razorback, how many times did it take you? I have been breeding Pyro Pony & Crystal Unicorns for literally 5 whole days (every hour) and only get Pyro Ponys. I know that Ruby is an Ultra Rare, but I must have tried over fifty times! I'm starting to think it's impossible. Any advice or encouragement would be very appreciated. Thanks!

readysetgo888
03-31-15, 10:08 AM
The rate on the ultra rares is realllllllllly low. Only advice is to keep trying and hopefully it will happen eventually. 50 tries is unfortunately not that many when it comes to ultra rares. Some people get lucky fast, but the odds are very low. There's not much you can do except keep trying.

If there is a fire animal that you really want, maybe try breeding for it and Ruby at the same time? I'm breeding Unicorn X dark-water now in the hope of getting Cthulhu or the new Marmot. Your fails will be longer, but you're more likely to get a super rare than the ultra rare so at least you could try for both at the same time, and maybe get at least one new animal out of it.

amerirish
03-31-15, 10:37 AM
The rate on the ultra rares is realllllllllly low. Only advice is to keep trying and hopefully it will happen eventually. 50 tries is unfortunately not that many when it comes to ultra rares. Some people get lucky fast, but the odds are very low. There's not much you can do except keep trying.

If there is a fire animal that you really want, maybe try breeding for it and Ruby at the same time? I'm breeding Unicorn X dark-water now in the hope of getting Cthulhu or the new Marmot. Your fails will be longer, but you're more likely to get a super rare than the ultra rare so at least you could try for both at the same time, and maybe get at least one new animal out of it.

That's a good strategy, actually I used it in DS to get a Diamond. I just thought if I used the short time fail method I'd get one at least in a couple of days. <Sigh> oh well. On to other animals. Thanks for the reply :)

LonePudding
04-02-15, 10:43 AM
I have two questions:

1) what's the minimum amount of free space needed to play FS smoothly? It lags seriously and I hardly have any animals! I'm on iOS 8.1.2. My other S8 games play normally, but on this, I have to wait about 5 minutes before all my dragons are in my habitats, the market is full again...

2) What are the update days and how often are tournaments?

zenobia42
04-02-15, 04:11 PM
I have two questions:

1) what's the minimum amount of free space needed to play FS smoothly? It lags seriously and I hardly have any animals! I'm on iOS 8.1.2. My other S8 games play normally, but on this, I have to wait about 5 minutes before all my dragons are in my habitats, the market is full again...

I can't answer #1 but #2:
Updates are Tuesdays and Fridays at 11:30AM Pacific (2:30 Eastern).
Tournaments are every 2 or 3 weeks. Every other tournament is a full length (Tuesday update time to Sunday) and every other a flash tourney (Friday update time, lasts only 36 hours... meaning everyone sleeps through at least 22% of the tournament, and those on day hours outside the U.S. have up to 44% of the tournament time during their sleep hours.
Events are 21 or 24 days and generally there is one full-length and one flash tournament during each event.

LonePudding
04-02-15, 05:59 PM
Tournaments are every 2 or 3 weeks. Every other tournament is a full length (Tuesday update time to Sunday) and every other a flash tourney (Friday update time, lasts only 36 hours... meaning everyone sleeps through at least 22% of the tournament, and those on day hours outside the U.S. have up to 44% of the tournament time during their sleep hours.
Events are 21 or 24 days and generally there is one full-length and one flash tournament during each event.

Thank you so much! Too bad I'm not in the US, how will I ever win my first tournament if the odds are EVEN MORE against me?! Still can't wait to try though!

PernReloaded
04-02-15, 06:11 PM
I have two questions:

1. I couldn't tell you, I never had an issue with it.

2. Tournaments are every other week, alternating between regular and flash tournaments. So that means you get about one of each a month. I believe update days are Tuesdays and Fridays.

LonePudding
04-02-15, 06:22 PM
1. I couldn't tell you, I never had an issue with it.

2. Tournaments are every other week, alternating between regular and flash tournaments. So that means you get about one of each a month. I believe update days are Tuesdays and Fridays.

Thank you! So I have around 2 weeks to get my animals levelled up for the next tournament...My farms better get busy!

calvinxx
04-02-15, 06:52 PM
So does that mean the next tournament will start next Tuesday and be a flash tournament?

PernReloaded
04-02-15, 07:54 PM
So does that mean the next tournament will start next Tuesday and be a flash tournament?
Most likely.

@ LP - They've been messing with tournament a ton lately. With this last tournament, it seemed that the vast majority of the winners were players who hadn't won any/barely any tournaments, while players with a lot of wins under their belts had a miserable time. So you might have a solid shot. On the other hand, the flash tournament before that was hellish and a good many newer players simply couldn't win (yours truly included).

LonePudding
04-03-15, 03:28 AM
I hope it's not the latter!

zenobia42
04-03-15, 06:29 AM
Most likely.

@ LP - They've been messing with tournament a ton lately. With this last tournament, it seemed that the vast majority of the winners were players who hadn't won any/barely any tournaments, while players with a lot of wins under their belts had a miserable time. So you might have a solid shot. On the other hand, the flash tournament before that was hellish and a good many newer players simply couldn't win (yours truly included).

True. They've apparently decided it's more valuable to them to get new players hooked on the game by giving them a much easier tournament than the veteran players get. And on the flip side of the coin, they are punishing those of us who have played long and worked hard to get a good line-up by making the tournaments much, much, much more difficult for us to win - effectively punishing us for all our hard work. Heck, now player might be better off never leveling any animal past level 10! We haven't yet figured out their new system for punishing long-term players, but if it is that they punish us based on how many epics we have, your tournaments will stay easy if you never level to epic.

LonePudding
04-03-15, 02:35 PM
Another question!!

I have a few limited animals that have expired, and I do not know their rarity. The album does not say, nor does it say the rarity when I view the dragon in its habitat. Is there any way to find out in game without having to venture out onto the forums/wikia etc..?

PernReloaded
04-04-15, 01:20 AM
Another question!!

I have a few limited animals that have expired, and I do not know their rarity. The album does not say, nor does it say the rarity when I view the dragon in its habitat. Is there any way to find out in game without having to venture out onto the forums/wikia etc..?

Unfortunately, no. The wiki is pretty handy, though.

LonePudding
04-04-15, 05:17 AM
Unfortunately, no. The wiki is pretty handy, though.

My good friend wiki/pern always has the answer, no matter what game! Thanks Pern!

rjazz
04-09-15, 01:23 PM
This is from someone else's island-what egg is this?????

ninasidstorm8
04-09-15, 01:33 PM
This is from someone else's island-what egg is this?????

That is a Puffalo egg.

Hawksmoor
04-09-15, 01:38 PM
That's a Puffalo egg. The Puffalo was a goal animal that came out I think at the end of February. You had different goals to complete to get it, like adding neighbors, visiting neighbors, growing food etc. They must have had in their storage and are just hatching it now. The Puffalo thread is around here somewhere :rolleyes: lol

Hawksmoor
04-09-15, 01:38 PM
That is a Puffalo egg.
You beat me to it, lol

rjazz
04-09-15, 01:46 PM
Thanks!!!! I have a Puffalo, I just didn't remember that egg!

zenobia42
04-09-15, 01:59 PM
There might have been a value pack recently with the puffalo, too.

sweetypies97
04-10-15, 01:10 AM
I just put my puffalo on the nest today too!

The iPad wants to autocorrect puffalo to puffball, lol.

saphiraetti
04-10-15, 11:22 AM

I am having the exact issue and do not know why, but I thought was because of number animals but I am not sure.

LonePudding
04-20-15, 04:41 AM
Just a quick question....

If I lose a tourney and miss the prize animal, will I have an empty album forever?

Hawksmoor
04-20-15, 04:49 AM

If I lose a tourney and miss the prize animal, will I have an empty album forever?

Possibly. Although TL has offered tournament animals in a value pack (like the Arbour for example). So you may see it offered in a value pack months from now but unfortunately there's no guarantee:-(

readysetgo888
04-20-15, 05:49 AM

No. Only animals that are currently available show up as a hole in your album. Limited animals and tournament animals that you miss disappear from your album when they leave the game. They do show up in your album if you get them, though. In the case of tournament animals, they only show up if they've been hatched. So, all players have a different max number of animals in their album. My album currently says 98/109.

Since only animals that you can currently still obtain will show up as missing in your album, it is always possible to reach the point where your album shows as full, regardless of how many limited animals you miss. Although, since there are a ton of permanent ultra rares, it seems pretty unlikely for players that don't spend a ton of money.

LonePudding
04-20-15, 07:48 AM
No. Only animals that are currently available show up as a hole in your album. Limited animals and tournament animals that you miss disappear from your album when they leave the game. They do show up in your album if you get them, though. In the case of tournament animals, they only show up if they've been hatched. So, all players have a different max number of animals in their album. My album currently says 98/109.

Since only animals that you can currently still obtain will show up as missing in your album, it is always possible to reach the point where your album shows as full, regardless of how many limited animals you miss. Although, since there are a ton of permanent ultra rares, it seems pretty unlikely for players that don't spend a ton of money.

Thanks Hawksmoor and Ready. I want to eventually have a full album, but I wouldn't bother trying if I would never get there.

Paxxxx
04-22-15, 07:53 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum but not so new to the game, started sometime during the Valentine's Event and this forum already has helped me a lot!

I'm a little puzzled right now. After getting extremely lucky breeding this Pluto thing on my 1st try (yay!) I just threw a Falconch and Twilight Troll into the breeding den to see what happens. Got a 10hr timer.

BUT looking at the breeding result chart (guide4gamers) I can't find a single animal matching the combo Electirc/Water - Dark/Nature! There's only the Planther but it's Dark/Nature itself. I thought the breeding result would get 1 element of each parent, am I wrong?

Help!!!

ninasidstorm8
04-22-15, 08:07 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum but not so new to the game, started sometime during the Valentine's Event and this forum already has helped me a lot!

I'm a little puzzled right now. After getting extremely lucky breeding this Pluto thing on my 1st try (yay!) I just threw a Falconch and Twilight Troll into the breeding den to see what happens. Got a 10hr timer.

BUT looking at the breeding result chart (guide4gamers) I can't find a single animal matching the combo Electirc/Water - Dark/Nature! There's only the Planther but it's Dark/Nature itself. I thought the breeding result would get 1 element of each parent, am I wrong?

Help!!!

Unfortunately you are wrong. You can get any combination of the elements from the parents including the element combination of the parent itself.

Paxxxx
04-22-15, 08:12 AM
Unfortunately you are wrong. You can get any combination of the elements from the parents including the element combination of the parent itself.

Oh well..... then than's gonna be another Planther.....

Thanks for the quick response, you never stop learning ;-)

LonePudding
05-05-15, 10:33 PM
Hi guys :)

What combo had the longest fail times? I can imagine myself quickly falling behind during the world event so I wouldn't mind holding up my nest for many hours to catch up. Thanks!

ninasidstorm8
05-06-15, 07:21 AM
Electric/Dark. The breed times range from 17 to 23 hours. Electric/Nature is next, they range from 16 to 21 hours.

LonePudding
05-06-15, 08:51 AM
Electric/Dark. The breed times range from 17 to 23 hours. Electric/Nature is next, they range from 16 to 21 hours.

I still need a zapra and a peamoth so those should come in handy. Thanks! Now I can stop trying (and failing) at trying to breed a money badger :p

ninasidstorm8
05-06-15, 08:56 AM
I still need a zapra and a peamoth so those should come in handy. Thanks! Now I can stop trying (and failing) at trying to breed a money badger :p

Your welcome, another way to keep your nest full for the event is to hatch any eggs you have in storage, and you can always buy a Rhock Rhino (2 hours), Frostfang (4 hours), Skyger (7 hours) egg to fill in any gaps.

LonePudding
05-06-15, 11:34 AM
Your welcome, another way to keep your nest full for the event is to hatch any eggs you have in storage, and you can always buy a Rhock Rhino (2 hours), Frostfang (4 hours), Skyger (7 hours) egg to fill in any gaps.

Ohh yes I still have a Growvine, Blizard and Terrorier to hatch! And I just got 23 hours with Elephantom and koala cadabra. Perfect!!

Just checked, I either have a Mardi claw or zapra!! Wooo! I'll name it Nina :p

Robkendy
05-08-15, 09:19 PM
Will breeding ruby razorback with crystal unicorn always give a ruby razorback? If not, im under the impression that breeding anything with a gem creature will result in the other creature's elements.

rivalotka2
05-16-15, 06:13 AM
Will breeding ruby razorback with crystal unicorn always give a ruby razorback? If not, im under the impression that breeding anything with a gem creature will result in the other creature's elements.
Breeding crystal unicorn and ruby will result in either pyro pony or ruby razorback

farmerbarbara712
06-07-15, 08:47 AM
17 hours breed time with Pyro & Rhino?
I didn't see an egg on the chart made from these two for that time frame.

Hawksmoor
06-07-15, 09:02 AM
It should be an Aperil Fool. Congrats!

mraguia
06-21-15, 02:44 PM
How do you get the Melodeer?

SummerNightSky
06-21-15, 02:48 PM
How do you get the Melodeer?
By breeding Lullabison x Tubacan or Crystal Unicorn x Crystal Unicorn

cath0138
06-26-15, 09:39 AM
I've been trying to breed a Vinotaur for weeks and can't seem to get one. Is there a certain combo I should be using? I saw that Ocean Owl + Vinotaur= Treasure Toucan. I am a level 40 player and have been so for a while now, and it seems odd to me after how much I've breed that I still can't get one. I am also curios if the space or musical creatures can be breed, or if we just have to cough up gems to get them. Same question applies to the "Grand" Habitats. Thanks for any insights you might have in regards to my questions.

SummerNightSky
06-26-15, 10:57 AM
I've been trying to breed a Vinotaur for weeks and can't seem to get one. Is there a certain combo I should be using? I saw that Ocean Owl + Vinotaur= Treasure Toucan. I am a level 40 player and have been so for a while now, and it seems odd to me after how much I've breed that I still can't get one. I am also curios if the space or musical creatures can be breed, or if we just have to cough up gems to get them. Same question applies to the "Grand" Habitats. Thanks for any insights you might have in regards to my questions.
Any pair of animals that has only Nature and Fire represented would be the best, since that'll limit the number of possible animals you could get. It's really all about luck. A person could get a Vinotaur tomorrow, in a few days, a week, a month, a year, or even never (as depressing as that is). All you can do is keep trying.

As for the space or musical creatures, you could breed them while their events were ongoing (space event is over and the musical event is just ending). You won't be able to buy the musical animals from the shop after the event has ended.

Only way to get the Grand habitats is to spend gems. But depending on the types of animals you need habitats for, look at habitats that can hold animals that have a least one of the two types listed: Watering Hole (Water/Earth), Mystic Mire (Dark/Water), Turbulent Thicket (Lightning/Nature) and Stormy Shore (Lightning/Water). They cost less than half of the grand habitats (200 gems versus 500) but have greater money holding capacity.

EDIT: You can also get Treasure Toucan and the other gem-earning animals by breeding two Crystal Unicorns together.

bisonbuy
07-13-15, 08:57 AM
How do you get your animals up to level 20? Mine are at level 15 and it says maxed...

kooky panda
07-13-15, 10:09 AM
How do you get your animals up to level 20? Mine are at level 15 and it says maxed...
15 is the max level.
When you battle, you may see opponents at a higher level, but we can only have ours up to level 15.

bisonbuy
07-13-15, 11:53 AM
Thanks..not quite a fair fight sometimes. Kind of like baking a cake with a match...

sweetypies97
07-17-15, 03:30 AM
help please!?

cocauina
07-17-15, 03:31 AM
Craguar's egg :)

Animenia
07-17-15, 03:32 AM
Craguar :)

sweetypies97
07-17-15, 03:45 AM
thank you! :)

mmeeccee
08-13-15, 05:42 AM
I am breeding a level 8 Firefox and a level 7 hedgehog and I have a 45 hour breeding time. I am on level 18. What could I have?

chippychan
08-13-15, 05:48 AM
I am breeding a level 8 Firefox and a level 7 hedgehog and I have a 45 hour breeding time. I am on level 18. What could I have?

Congratulations! You just got an Ultra-Rare Crystal Unicorn! :)

mmeeccee
08-13-15, 05:33 PM
Congratulations! You just got an Ultra-Rare Crystal Unicorn! :)

Wow, I wasn't trying. I just wanted to try an unusual combo. I don't even have the money to pay for the habitat. LOL

sweetdeda
08-13-15, 06:15 PM
Wow, I wasn't trying. I just wanted to try an unusual combo. I don't even have the money to pay for the habitat. LOL

That's awesome, save up and hopefully you will have the coin in 4 days (2 days breeding/2 days hatching) plenty of time. Visit lots of neighbors in hopes that they visit back!

Tiamat68
08-18-15, 11:26 AM
Hi, I just bred a crystal unicorn and a hareon (electric/fire). I was trying to get either a ruby razorback or a citrine peregrin. Not this time. I got a 19 hour timer. Would that have to be a daredevil? If it is, I won't complain. I had been trying to get one to finish the Current Events quest for months and months, with no success. I finally gave up. What a surprise if this is one now when I figured I would never get one. Anybody know for certain if it will be the daredevil? Thanks!

BiggerBubbles
09-12-15, 03:54 PM
19hr earth and fire. Trying to breed Station Dalmation I think, whatever the first service dog is anyway, I got this. What is it?

Hawksmoor
09-12-15, 04:08 PM
19hr earth and fire. Trying to breed Station Dalmation I think, whatever the first service dog is anyway, I got this. What is it?

You have the Rubble Rooster.

zena1818
09-16-15, 06:42 AM
I just got a 19 hr fire and earth does anyone kw what animal that could be I've checked the list of breeding but there no animal for that time under fire and earth. It can't be anything else since I only used two animal that had a double fire earth symbols????

ogreve
09-16-15, 06:59 AM
Hi,

It's the Rubble Rooster!
Congrats!

Olafo

LonePudding
09-20-15, 05:43 PM
Never mind :rolleyes:

ninasidstorm8
09-20-15, 06:16 PM
Never mind :rolleyes:

The combinations would have to work out that way since there is no Gem/Service hybrid. The question is; would it easier to breed a Ruby Razorback with Crystal Unicorn/Station Dalmation combination versus a Crystal Unicorn/Pyro Pony combination. The Station Dalmation fail is 14 hours where the Pyro Pony fail is only an hour. So it would need to be 14 time more likely to make it worthwhile. Same logic would apply to the Cyclops. I would have been nice if they left the Pyro Pony fail at 20 seconds (it did start that way) like they did in DS.

zena1818
09-27-15, 11:18 PM
Can someone tell me what animal is a 14 hr green and blue????

zena1818
09-27-15, 11:25 PM
Is it a chilly goat???

zena1818
09-27-15, 11:27 PM
I was going for an ocean owl or sea horse but I don't have s chilly goat, so that's good I thought the chilly goat was limited a while back those????

zena1818
09-27-15, 11:29 PM
Althought I got the rooster which I know was limited. I got that last week so how do u know which ones that are limited u can still breed otherwise anytime bc it's happened to me twice now if it is the chilly goat that I got in my breeding tree now.

Sandybellee
09-28-15, 03:33 AM
Yes, it's Chilly Goat. Chilly Goat and Rubble Rooster are both permanent and not limited. You can see what is available to breed by going in the shop.

debrasbistro
09-28-15, 04:01 AM
Can someone tell me what animal is a 14 hr green and blue????

If it's a seahorse it will be 13 hours. 11 hours would be ocean owl or Seamur. Good luck!

zena1818
09-28-15, 09:03 AM
Thanks I wasn't sure since I remembered the rooster having a limited quest for getting it, I get confused on which u can still breed, I've only ever been able to get a luallbison and Mercat when those quest were avaiable.

IcePrince918
10-01-15, 07:32 PM
Can anyone tell me which is this egg, its 23hrs. Thanks in advanced.

Drachenia
10-01-15, 07:34 PM
Can anyone tell me which is this egg, its 23hrs. Thanks in advanced.

Hello IcePrince is it Mardi Claw Congratulations:D

IcePrince918
10-01-15, 08:04 PM
Thanks!

31aug2002
10-01-15, 09:55 PM
Okay here is a question for alll
I wanted to breed spark shark and Super heron
But when I go for breeding the super heron does not appear in the list of animals available . Same with the Wild Wondercat.
These 2 animals can be used for breeding .Right?

SummerNightSky
10-01-15, 10:15 PM
Okay here is a question for alll
I wanted to breed spark shark and Super heron
But when I go for breeding the super heron does not appear in the list of animals available . Same with the Wild Wondercat.
These 2 animals can be used for breeding .Right?
None of the Water/Fire animals can be used for breeding. The reason why is Crystal Unicorn x Water/Fire animal always would result in a Gem hybrid, since there are no Water/Fire animals that can be obtained via breeding.

31aug2002
10-01-15, 11:59 PM
None of the Water/Fire animals can be used for breeding. The reason why is Crystal Unicorn x Water/Fire animal always would result in a Gem hybrid, since there are no Water/Fire animals that can be obtained via breeding.
Thank you for the clarification.

ogreve
10-02-15, 12:25 AM

Would it ALWAYS have resulted in a gem hybrid or was it such that just the probability of that happening was higher than normal? If the former is the case, wouldn't the same then happen when breeding a Ruby Razorback with a Frostfang, or a Pyro Pyno with either a Pearl Peryton or Sapphire Cthulhu?
Curious... if indeed the Unicorn + water-fire always results in a gem hybrid, you'd think they would be able to fix that such that that combination can result in the Pyro Pony and the Frostfang too....

31aug2002
10-02-15, 02:35 AM
Would it ALWAYS have resulted in a gem hybrid or was it such that just the probability of that happening was higher than normal? If the former is the case, wouldn't the same then happen when breeding a Ruby Razorback with a Frostfang, or a Pyro Pyno with either a Pearl Peryton or Sapphire Cthulhu?
Curious... if indeed the Unicorn + water-fire always results in a gem hybrid, you'd think they would be able to fix that such that that combination can result in the Pyro Pony and the Frostfang too....

I tend to agree with you.
It's just that chances of getting a gem hybrid are higher with this combo. Also there are very few fails too . Basically it gives only 9 results.
And IIRC I did use the super heron to try for one of the trios, the station Dalmatian I think?

SummerNightSky
10-02-15, 06:00 PM
I remember reading about someone getting multiple Sapphire Cthulhu in a row when (in error) a Water/Fire animal was breedable. If only I could find that post.

I wouldn't be surprised if the probability of getting a Crystal Unicorn or Gem hybrid is fixed, and fewer possibilities just helps those who are trying to get specific good fails while trying for the Crystal Unicorn/gem hybrid.

My understanding is that Ruby Razorback + Frostfang gives you Skyger instead of Pyro Pony and Frostfang. Same thing for breeding Gemstone/Water with Pyro Pony. Maybe it has to do with Fire and Water being on separate animals rather than on the same animal.

Shadifern
10-03-15, 07:59 PM
I just got my third Magmacore *faints* I know I waited forever for my first one, but now I just keep getting them. And I bred three elements. If the result always a Magmacore? I mean, I like them but I have a lot

pinkflower7777
10-03-15, 08:18 PM
See below.

pinkflower7777
10-03-15, 08:20 PM
I remember reading about someone getting multiple Sapphire Cthulhu in a row when (in error) a Water/Fire animal was breedable. If only I could find that post.

I wouldn't be surprised if the probability of getting a Crystal Unicorn or Gem hybrid is fixed, and fewer possibilities just helps those who are trying to get specific good fails while trying for the Crystal Unicorn/gem hybrid.

My understanding is that Ruby Razorback + Frostfang gives you Skyger instead of Pyro Pony and Frostfang. Same thing for breeding Gemstone/Water with Pyro Pony. Maybe it has to do with Fire and Water being on separate animals rather than on the same animal.
When trying to breed Pearl Peryton when it first came out, Patriotter showed up in my breeding list. I bred Patriotter with Crystal Unicorn and in 5 tries I got 3 Sapphire Cthulhu and 2 Ruby Razorbacks in a row (i kept breeding hoping I would get the Pearl Peryton too). It should be under the Pearl Peryton discussions. Based on that experience I would say that combo always resulted in a gem hybrid. With so many new fire water animals I wouldn't doubt that they would become breedable at some point. Before that happens though they would need to make adjustments in breeding outcomes.

I also remember hearing this breeding result happening earlier, maybe when Ruby Razorback was first introduced, but that was before my time. Also vaguely recall something similar with the Emerald Dragon.

31aug2002
10-03-15, 11:13 PM
This one is for Olafo's EMBER!!!

I had just (often off reading her latest conquests. I put in my overnight breed( a thunderhawk into the nest) and was just thinking what I should breed today. I wanted to try for electri/ fire or electric / water. So I put the fire glider and my spark shark into the den.... And wonders of wonder a 21 hr pops up.
I quickly went to check the calculator.... And it's a GOLD LION!!!! Woo hooooo!!!!! I am so so so thrilled!!! Finally I get one I have been wanting.
Well just as a thank you , I am going 5o name mine Ember too!!

ogreve
10-03-15, 11:56 PM
@pinkflower7777: Wow, indeed that must be correct then. There's just no way otherwise that it would be possible to breed 5 ultra rares without fails in a row! Wow, I hope I can discover a glitch like that with my Quartz Quetzalcoatl too.

@31aug2002: Many congrats on getting a Gold Lion! You too will come to love it. Bring it to epic level and you have all you need for your tournaments. :) It's nice to see you're going to name it after my Ember too! I love that dedication to the King of my Arena. :)
Feels good to see that 21 hour timer, eh? Now just wait until you see that golden egg on the nest: that's another magical moment!
Enjoy it: you too will come to love your Gold Lion! :)

LonePudding
10-04-15, 12:14 AM
Congrats on your new Gold Lion 31aug2002!! I hope to breed one soon too.

Since the end of the last storybook, I've been using Cyclops x Porkupine, trying for an Eagle Beagle/Shockatoo/Storm Sphinx/Terradactyl/Citrine Peregrin/Quartz Quetzalcoatl/Emerald Dragon. I've bred none so far, not even the rare Beagle :( Wondering if I should switch combo now... :confused:

31aug2002
10-04-15, 12:32 AM
Thank you Olafo and LonePudding. Yes indeed it feels great . And it's been ages since I bred a new animal. The last I bred was ... Oh dear I don't even remember... It's been sooooo long. And on top of that I get this ... Well now I can try for the golden retriever!!!

ogreve
10-04-15, 12:51 AM
Thank you Olafo and LonePudding. Yes indeed it feels great . And it's been ages since I bred a new animal. The last I bred was ... Oh dear I don't even remember... It's been sooooo long. And on top of that I get this ... Well now I can try for the golden retriever!!!

That one will be considerably more difficult to breed, but trust me: when you do, that feels sooooo great too!

cath0138
10-04-15, 06:29 AM
Can anyone tell me what egg this is? It has a 14 hour breed time. Thanks24521

sweetdeda
10-04-15, 07:09 AM

Is it dark/fire? Hot dog?

Scribbles138
10-04-15, 07:10 AM

That's a Hot Dog.

cath0138
10-04-15, 04:55 PM
Thanks Scribbles138

natxjkkggg
10-20-15, 07:40 AM
Hello,
Can anyone tell me what Animal has 45 Hour evolution??

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 07:45 AM
Hello,
Can anyone tell me what Animal has 45 Hour evolution??

It depends on what you used to breed it. If it was a four-element combination that did not include Gem, it is a Crystal Unicorn. I believe I saw another post from you in another thread that indicated you used a Bansheep and a Sugarskull Glider. If that is correct, than it should be a Crystal Unicorn. The other 45 hour times are for Gem hybrids.

natxjkkggg
10-20-15, 07:46 AM
Sugarskullglyder and bansheep are the parents

CoodieBug
10-20-15, 08:31 PM
No matter what I breed. What gives?

I haven't bred a new animal in months--it seems like TL is trying to get rid of long-time players in order to make more digital room for fresh money--it seems like the longer we play . The more disappointed and defeated we feel--what a "GAME" !!!

natxjkkggg
10-21-15, 09:54 AM
Now after Four Fairy Ferrets with the combination sugarskullglyder and Pyro Pony I got a 13 hour evolution. But I can not found a Fire/ natur animal that needs 13 hours for evolution??!!

Drachenia
10-21-15, 10:03 AM
Now after Four Fairy Ferrets with the combination sugarskullglyder and Pyro Pony I got a 13 hour evolution. But I can not found a Fire/ natur animal that needs 13 hours for evolution??!!

It is against Sugarskull Glider or is Rampage :D

natxjkkggg
10-21-15, 10:12 AM
But is it not the breedingtime it is the evolutiontime which I ask for!!

natxjkkggg
10-21-15, 10:20 AM
By speeding up, it is now fact. I got my fifth sugarskullglyder !!!!!!
I would like to change 3 sugarskullglyders against one skeletal steed!!

CoodieBug
10-22-15, 06:38 PM
By speeding up, it is now fact. I got my fifth sugarskullglyder !!!!!!
I would like to change 3 sugarskullglyders against one skeletal steed!!

Bless your heart for getting ONE let alone 5--TL wont even let me get one after multiple attempts--I'm a long-time player who feels betrayed!!!

SummerNightSky
10-22-15, 06:57 PM
Bless your heart for getting ONE let alone 5--TL wont even let me get one after multiple attempts--I'm a long-time player who feels betrayed!!!
No one is ever guaranteed to get a breedable animal, unless they buy it from the shop. I hope your luck changes, but S8/TL hasn't betrayed you.

IcePrince918
10-30-15, 07:42 PM
Can anyone tell me which one is this, its 9hrs. I can't find it in the egg chart, thanks in advanced.

ninasidstorm8
10-30-15, 07:49 PM
Can anyone tell me which one is this, its 9hrs. I can't find it in the egg chart, thanks in advanced.

It is a Flyerfox.

LonePudding
10-30-15, 07:50 PM

That is a super rare Flyerfox egg. Congrats!

IcePrince918
10-30-15, 09:01 PM
Thanks LonePudding, its only been a few months since i've been playing.

31aug2002
10-30-15, 10:15 PM
Well it seems that the TL gods are finally smiling on my forest. After umpteen failures at the sugar glider I have finally got a 13 hr timer in the den with QQ and Skeletal steed. Don't want to waste gems on speeding and hoping that this will be a sugar skull glider.

31aug2002
10-31-15, 06:27 AM
Well it seems that the TL gods are finally smiling on my forest. After umpteen failures at the sugar glider I have finally got a 13 hr timer in the den with QQ and Skeletal steed. Don't want to waste gems on speeding and hoping that this will be a sugar skull glider.

Just removed my Plantler from the nest and sped the last 4 hrs of the 13 hr in the den ( I realized that it could be a zombie too) and put it in the nest. What a sigh of relief.. I finally got the Sugarskull Glider!! Now on to the Deadwing.

jojopeanut
11-03-15, 07:13 PM
Anyone breed the panda and the (Skelton Dragon)sorry don't know offical name of bat. I'm new forgive me anyway I'm breeding now it's 12 hrs. Anyone tried yet or know what the hatched egg might be?

Drachenia
11-03-15, 10:20 PM
Anyone breed the panda and the (Skelton Dragon)sorry don't know offical name of bat. I'm new forgive me anyway I'm breeding now it's 12 hrs. Anyone tried yet or know what the hatched egg might be?

It's Armordillo :( Common and ugly

jojopeanut
11-03-15, 11:18 PM
It's Armordillo :( Common and ugly

Thanks here is a pic of the egg. The ones bellow egg will go in the nest next. Tomorrow morning..

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2015-11-03-22-11-33-1.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2015-11-03-22-11-33-1.png.html)

Silverrain1
11-06-15, 11:40 AM
Hmm, something very strange just happened, was trying for a gem hybrid and put crystal unicorn and charger in the den and got a timer of 17 hours 1 min and 5 seconds? Any ideas anyone?

calvinxx
11-06-15, 12:19 PM
That's a Falconch

Silverrain1
11-06-15, 12:38 PM
That's a Falconch

Thanks, just thought the additional minute and seconds were strange as they are normally full hours aren't they?

MaribouMay
11-06-15, 12:41 PM
Thanks, just thought the additional minute and seconds were strange as they are normally full hours aren't they?

That is normal for Falconch. It is odd though; I agree with you on that.

Silverrain1
11-06-15, 12:45 PM
That is normal for Falconch. It is odd though; I agree with you on that.

Oh really! I never noticed that before. Very strange, thank you both for your help. Back to the hybrid tries once this is done!

Dcdonn
11-13-15, 01:08 AM
Good Evening All & Thank you to All veterans & service families!!!
I'm a long time player of dragon story & fantasy forest. I check in daily & enjoy them both.
I didn't want to add this to the 'frustrated breeding' thread but it may belong there?
I do alright with breeding I think becuz I'm relentless & I pay ... When I can (past tense),
But despite hundreds of attempts at owl/vintour - I have not succeeded at breeding a Toucan?
Same with a unicorn or the other gem - the money badger. I have tried & tried - I mean hundreds!
This makes no sense to me when we have the 2 specific animals that are required?? There simply has to
Be a block on certain animals ;-((((. Am I wrong? I.T. /Programmers or statistical wizards ?
Thx!!

Sandybellee
11-13-15, 04:43 AM
I'm certainly not a statistics wizard, but here's my input anyway. :) I haven't bred any treasure animals yet but have bred Crystal Unicorn and several gem hybrids.

I got my Unicorn after about a month or two of consecutive 4-element breedings. I think that is the key with it - no matter what, you have to breed with 4 elements every single time until you get the Unicorn. This means you will have drastically reduced chances of breeding any limited animals that may become available. But you simply must use 4 elements every single time because you never know if that one time you take a break from 4 element breeding to try for something else would have been your Unicorn.

Good luck! :)

ThynaSmith
11-13-15, 11:35 AM
I'm certainly not a statistics wizard, but here's my input anyway. :) I haven't bred any treasure animals yet but have bred Crystal Unicorn and several gem hybrids.

I got my Unicorn after about a month or two of consecutive 4-element breedings. I think that is the key with it - no matter what, you have to breed with 4 elements every single time until you get the Unicorn. This means you will have drastically reduced chances of breeding any limited animals that may become available. But you simply must use 4 elements every single time because you never know if that one time you take a break from 4 element breeding to try for something else would have been your Unicorn.

What four elements did you use, Sandybellee? I wonder if the odds are better with four specific elements, or it's just a matter of luck, anyway...

Sandybellee
11-13-15, 03:34 PM
What four elements did you use, Sandybellee? I wonder if the odds are better with four specific elements, or it's just a matter of luck, anyway...

The odds are better if you use a combination with fewer outcomes. I finally got the Unicorn with Charger and Fladingo, so it was electric-water-dark-fire.

LonePudding
11-13-15, 03:39 PM

My four winning elements were electric-fire-water-nature.

ThynaSmith
11-16-15, 10:16 AM
Thank you, Sandybellee and LonePudding!

LonePudding
11-16-15, 10:32 AM
Thank you, Sandybellee and LonePudding!

dragonfunandplay
11-17-15, 07:22 PM
Does anyone know what you get if you breed a crystal unicorn with a gem hybrid? In my case it would be with an emerald dragon. Would it always be a gem hybrid or could it be any result like if you bred 2 unicorns???

Silverrain1
11-18-15, 03:23 AM
Does anyone know what you get if you breed a crystal unicorn with a gem hybrid? In my case it would be with an emerald dragon. Would it always be a gem hybrid or could it be any result like if you bred 2 unicorns???

I believe if u bred an emerald dragon and crystal unicorn together you would have a chance at any gem nature hybrids, but also the pandafodil as its a single nature element and the crystal unicorn can breed single elements.

Sandybellee
11-18-15, 03:53 AM
I believe if u bred an emerald dragon and crystal unicorn together you would have a chance at any gem nature hybrids, but also the pandafodil as its a single nature element and the crystal unicorn can breed single elements.

I think you can only get Pandaffodil, Emerald Dragon or QQ with that combo. Certainly not any other gem hybrids I think.

Silverrain1
11-18-15, 04:00 AM
I think you can only get Pandaffodil, Emerald Dragon or QQ with that combo. Certainly not any other gem hybrids I think.

Yes, they are the ones that I was meaning

Sandybellee
11-18-15, 05:08 AM
Yes, they are the ones that I was meaning

Sorry, I read too fast and didn't notice the word nature in there. :p

Silverrain1
11-18-15, 05:15 AM
Sorry, I read too fast and didn't notice the word nature in there. :p

No worries, I thought maybe I hadn't been very clear

snakesnspiders13
11-18-15, 04:20 PM
would breeding Frostfang and Panda improve my chances of getting an ocean owl since it doesn't mess with any other colors?

Scribbles138
11-18-15, 07:28 PM
would breeding Frostfang and Panda improve my chances of getting an ocean owl since it doesn't mess with any other colors?

That's personally what I would do.

yamiswife101
11-23-15, 10:05 AM
Ok, I'm confused. I bred a sky gear and a sea owl for 6 hrs. I got a turtisle egg. How did this happen? I'm trying to breed them again, and this time I have a 14hr wait before I can see the egg.

ThynaSmith
11-29-15, 05:25 PM
Does anybody know if, when I expand to that area of the forest where the Hareon, and try to breed it with the Armordillo, if I'll automatically get the Money Badger, or is there another outcome for this pair?

RowanaFarrin
11-29-15, 05:40 PM
Does anybody know if, when I expand to that area of the forest where the Hareon, and try to breed it with the Armordillo, if I'll automatically get the Money Badger, or is there another outcome for this pair?

Unfortunately no. You also have a chance of getting any other animal that might come from an Electric/Fire/Earth combination, like more armodillos. :/ It is the correct combination for Money Badger though as far as I know!

ThynaSmith
11-29-15, 06:29 PM
Thank you, RowanaFarrin! I was afraid there would be more combinations, indeed... and more Armordillos, ugh!!

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 10:29 AM
Woo, just got my first gem hybrid using crystal unicorn and hydro yak. Not the best time due to story book but I'm ok for tonight, and I only need to breed a 3 hour fairy ferret so can leave that till a bit later, not to late as last time it took me 3 attempts to get the common I needed!

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 11:09 AM
I finally have a unicorn (which could be even more exciting if I had hatched it, and not bought it, but oh well!), and I'm wondering what outcomes the breeding with it will have. I used to use Wikia to find out about breeding combinations, but they disabled that feature on their site due to security problems (java script issues, for what I saw). So, now I'm wondering what will I get breeding the Unicorns with other animals. Since all gem hybrids are ultra rares, is there any other outcome possible?

Sorry for the silly question, but I really have no idea :)

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 11:14 AM
I finally have a unicorn (which could be even more exciting if I had hatched it, and not bought it, but oh well!), and I'm wondering what outcomes the breeding with it will have. I used to use Wikia to find out about breeding combinations, but they disabled that feature on their site due to security problems (java script issues, for what I saw). So, now I'm wondering what will I get breeding the Unicorns with other animals. Since all gem hybrids are ultra rares, is there any other outcome possible?

Sorry for the silly question, but I really have no idea :)

You can get any single element outcome or gem hybrid. If you use crystal unicorn and pandafodil, you could get the Quartz q (something, I can't spell it) or a pandaffodil. If you breed unicorn with a water element you could get the pearl periton or frost fang.

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 11:23 AM
You can get any single element outcome or gem hybrid. If you use crystal unicorn and pandafodil, you could get the Quartz q (something, I can't spell it) or a pandaffodil. If you breed unicorn with a water element you could get the pearl periton or frost fang.
Thank you so much, Silverrain1! I was afraid that would be the outcome, aiaiai... At least the breeding/hatching time for the single elements are relatively short, so, the fails won't take that long in the nest. :)

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 12:27 PM
Thank you so much, Silverrain1! I was afraid that would be the outcome, aiaiai... At least the breeding/hatching time for the single elements are relatively short, so, the fails won't take that long in the nest. :)

Your welcome. It makes it all that more exciting when you see a 45 hour timer show up instead of just a 4 or so. I was so shocked when I saw mine! I think it's the pearl peryton which is one iv wanted for such s long time! The first gem hybrid I have got

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 12:40 PM
Your welcome. It makes it all that more exciting when you see a 45 hour timer show up instead of just a 4 or so. I was so shocked when I saw mine! I think it's the pearl peryton which is one iv wanted for such s long time! The first gem hybrid I have got
That's the one I want the most, too! They look so cool, don't they? And my second face is the Emerald Dragon.

Did it take you long to manage to get it? Do you remember how many "fails" you had before you finally hatched it? Oh, I can't wait to see another 45 hour timer on my nest! *-*

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 12:48 PM
That's the one I want the most, too! They look so cool, don't they? And my second face is the Emerald Dragon.

Did it take you long to manage to get it? Do you remember how many "fails" you had before you finally hatched it? Oh, I can't wait to see another 45 hour timer on my nest! *-*

Iv wanted that one as soon as it came out, I only bread the unicorn the day before! To be honest, I'm not sure how many attempts because I always stop when a limited animal came out. But since I don't have any limiters to breed for just now, I just went for it I maybe got about 6 fails before I got it. I went for the hydro yak as it gave me a shot at the pearl peraton, the Quartz one and the emerald dragon so you might b best with something like that. Sorry, I think I went on a bit of a ramble there

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 12:58 PM
Iv wanted that one as soon as it came out, I only bread the unicorn the day before! To be honest, I'm not sure how many attempts because I always stop when a limited animal came out. But since I don't have any limiters to breed for just now, I just went for it I maybe got about 6 fails before I got it. I went for the hydro yak as it gave me a shot at the pearl peraton, the Quartz one and the emerald dragon so you might b best with something like that. Sorry, I think I went on a bit of a ramble there

Heheheh, good idea! Instead of breeding with a single element animal, breed with one that has the two outcomes that you want the most, and be in expectation for the surprises! Thank you again for your input, Silverrain1! I got really bummed with the Black Friday shenanigans and the Treasure Animals being discontinued, so, to be honest, I was almost ready to put this game aside for a long, long time... But it's my favorite game these days, and I didn't want to just let go of it, you know? So I splurged and got myself a Crystal Unicorn during that week of sales, and now I'm getting excited about this game, again :)

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 01:16 PM
Heheheh, good idea! Instead of breeding with a single element animal, breed with one that has the two outcomes that you want the most, and be in expectation for the surprises! Thank you again for your input, Silverrain1! I got really bummed with the Black Friday shenanigans and the Treasure Animals being discontinued, so, to be honest, I was almost ready to put this game aside for a long, long time... But it's my favorite game these days, and I didn't want to just let go of it, you know? So I splurged and got myself a Crystal Unicorn during that week of sales, and now I'm getting excited about this game, again :)

I love this game as well, play it all the time. I managed to breed two crystal unicorns but never really done much breeding with just the two of them. And iv never been lucky enough to get a treasure animal. It's so exciting when you get one that you haven't got before. I need 22 more animals just now, until we get new limiters or new breed ables

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 02:07 PM
Wow, that's lucky! I couldn't breed just one, let alone two! And I don't have treasure animals, either... I think they'll soon put those paid ads in FFS, just like they have in some other game, and that's why they discontinued the Treasures...

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 02:40 PM
Wow, that's lucky! I couldn't breed just one, let alone two! And I don't have treasure animals, either... I think they'll soon put those paid ads in FFS, just like they have in some other game, and that's why they discontinued the Treasures...

I'm a bit confused over these paid ads? Is it just a clip you watch when you turn the game on? And what happens after that? And I actually think I might have bread a sapphire thing and not the pearl one, we will find out tomorrow when I finish the breeding time

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 02:47 PM
I'm a bit confused over these paid ads? Is it just a clip you watch when you turn the game on? And what happens after that? And I actually think I might have bread a sapphire thing and not the pearl one, we will find out tomorrow when I finish the breeding time

I depends on the game but in a similar S8 game you watch a 20-30 second clip and you save an hour of time for the task you tap on. Things like Breeding/Hatching/Evolving/Harvest time for a crop.

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 03:23 PM
I depends on the game but in a similar S8 game you watch a 20-30 second clip and you save an hour of time for the task you tap on. Things like Breeding/Hatching/Evolving/Harvest time for a crop.

I see, thanks for that. I hope it's not a pop up tho, they drive me mad lol

ogreve
12-05-15, 03:25 PM

If your timer was 45 hours then it's the Sapphire Cthulhu, if it was 42 hours it's the Pearl Peryton.

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 04:00 PM
If your timer was 45 hours then it's the Sapphire Cthulhu, if it was 42 hours it's the Pearl Peryton.

Thank you. It's the sapphire one, so pearl peryton has escaped me again! You just answered one of my unasked questions! Haha. When I saw the 45 hours I assumed all gem hybrids would have that, clearly I was wrong. Oh well, it's still a new addition and will go nice with my crystal unicorns

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 04:55 PM
Yep, for instance, in Castle Story, you get an "energy" for each ad you watch, and I think Restaurant Story 2 has something like that, too, and Farm Story 2, as well, and in this case, you get gems. It varies from game to game.

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 04:56 PM
Oh, and that's really cool! The Sapphire Cthullu is one of the coolest animals, a really weird one, lol, imo!

ogreve
12-06-15, 12:35 AM
Thank you. It's the sapphire one, so pearl peryton has escaped me again! You just answered one of my unasked questions! Haha. When I saw the 45 hours I assumed all gem hybrids would have that, clearly I was wrong. Oh well, it's still a new addition and will go nice with my crystal unicorns

You're welcome and congrats on your gem-water hybrid, that's a useful one! :)
As for what you write: all gem animals have a 45 hour timer except for the Pearl Peryton which is 42 hours and the Quartz Quetzalcoatl which is 41 hours. I wonder what timer further new gem animals will get...

Silverrain1
12-06-15, 02:09 AM
Now I will need to save even more food to bring it up to epic level! After the last story book I had excess food so I will see what happens this time. Thanks for the info on the breeding times. I will speed the remainder of the egg today at some point to hatch the fairy ferret. The good news tho, is that I managed to breed one so its waiting to b moved to the nestso I can wait until later before moving it. Saving as many gems as possible

locotesx3
12-07-15, 11:05 AM
Just loaded turstile and unicorn in the breeding den. I was trying for another turstile for the storybook adventure and I got a 14hr breeding timer. Not sure what it could be. Anyone have any ideas or guesses what it could be? Tried to upload a picture but not able too. Upload kept failing??

MaribouMay
12-07-15, 11:13 AM
It should be a Chilly Goat. It is a rare animal with a 14 hour timer.

locotesx3
12-07-15, 11:39 AM
It should be a Chilly Goat. It is a rare animal with a 14 hour timer.

Hahahaha a your so right. I feel stupid for missing the obvious. But when I looked at the breeding list in the game guides of the forums it said the chillygoat was blue earth... It's a mistake cause if I had looked at the game it's actually water nature.. Thanks :)

Kinda bummed now. Cause I already have a chilly goat and I needed a turstile or another crystal animal would have been nice. Hahha

Scribbles138
12-07-15, 12:23 PM
Question (prompted by Ogreve's exciting news today - Congrats!)...since we can't breed any water/fire hybrids, what would happen if I were to put my Pearl Peryton and Pyro Pony in together? Would my only possible outcomes be more Pyro Ponies or possibly the Ruby Razorback? Or would I even be allowed to put those in the den together? (I would see, but my den is currently occupied).

ogreve
12-07-15, 12:42 PM
I *think* the outcomes of that combination would be one of the following:
Pyro Pony
Frostfang
Ruby Razorback
Pearl Peryton
Sapphire Cthulhu

Good question though. Can anyone confirm this?

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 12:56 PM
Question (prompted by Ogreve's exciting news today - Congrats!)...since we can't breed any water/fire hybrids, what would happen if I were to put my Pearl Peryton and Pyro Pony in together? Would my only possible outcomes be more Pyro Ponies or possibly the Ruby Razorback? Or would I even be allowed to put those in the den together? (I would see, but my den is currently occupied).

I believe that the only outcomes would be Skyger, Ruby Razorback, Sapphire Cthulhu, and Pearl Peryton. Fire + Water = Skyger.

Scribbles138
12-07-15, 01:15 PM
Thank you both...I forgot about the Skyger. I think I'll start experimenting. I don't normally record my breeding attempts, but considering ninasidstorm8 is at 190 attempts (I think that's what I read), I just might start.

ogreve
12-07-15, 01:15 PM
Ah yes, that makes a lot of sense too!
I had completely overlooked the Skyger outcome...
Sounds like a particularly interesting breeding formula!

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 02:11 PM
Thank you both...I forgot about the Skyger. I think I'll start experimenting. I don't normally record my breeding attempts, but considering ninasidstorm8 is at 190 attempts (I think that's what I read), I just might start.

Keeping a record of your breeding attempts is a bit of an eye opener. It's a little tedious (I have 978 recorded attempts) but shows me how unreliable my memory for such things can be. I have been keeping track since October 2014 and I have indeed made 190 unsuccessful Gem Hybrid breeding attempts since I bred my Crystal Unicorn in May. I am hoping that early speculation of the odds of breeding Ultra Rare being 1 in 200, is too pessimistic. I am happy to see many players do better than that but unfortunately a lot indicate that they have had even worse luck.

I hope you are luckier than I have been so far.

ogreve
12-07-15, 02:51 PM
Regarding my breeding result for ultra rares:

Before keeping track, I only managed to breed a Golden Retriever, never a Crystal Unicorn. I don't have any records of the amount of times I tried for the Golden Retriever, but those were dozens before I got it. I also tried intensively for the Money Badger and for the Prize Pony.

I didn't start keeping full track of my breedings for ultra rares before September 19th 2015, which is when I bought a Quartz Quetzalcoatl. It was bought partially out of frustration after never having been able to breed a Crystal Unicorn in a gazillion of breeding attempts.
I only kept track of the breedings made with the gem animals, and also briefly (as of November 8th) of a few breeding attempts for Treasure animals, a short list that was brutally cut short by TL's poor decision to remove Treasure from the shop (bad call!).

On my 101st breeding attempt with the Quartz Quetzalcoatl I bred my first gem animal, being an Emerald Dragon.
After that, the only other ultra rare I managed to breed was today's Ruby Razorback.

I have absolutely no idea anymore of how many times I tried the 4-element breedings for a Crystal Unicorn but I'd be surprised if they are fewer than 200. NEVER bred it... I was *very* glad last Friday to be able to put an end to 4-element breeding, after having bought a second Crystal Unicorn value pack! :P
Note that the only recorded 4-element breedings are those that were done with the Quartz Quetzalcoatl and those done with the Emerald Dragon.

For those who find it of interest (and/or want to use the data for statistics), my detailed ultra rare breeding logs can be found here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73663-Personal-Breeding-Logs&p=1176789&viewfull=1#post1176789

For the Crystal Unicorn breedings I'm making special entries for the attempts where I pair it with one of the single element animals, by simply tallying the total outcomes (per animal) on a single line.
The breedings that I plan to do with the Crystal Unicorn + hybrid animals will be listed individually.

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 03:56 PM
I just noticed that a strange thing happened to me. Yesterday I bred a Grovine and a Peamoth in attempt to breed a Trick or Treent since I didn't want to tie up my Crystal Unicorn during a tournament. I saw a 17 hour timer and just assumed it was a Frightengale duplicate, so I didn't pay much attention to it. It is due to hatch in about an hour and the egg in the nest is a Koala Cadabra. I assume that I must have grabbed an animal with electric in it by mistake. But that is odd since I was looking specifically for Dark/Nature animals to breed and not looking for a specific pair. No big deal since both are 17 hour fails for me but it is a strange mistake for me to make since I record all breeding attempts.

Silverrain1
12-08-15, 12:08 AM
I *think* the outcomes of that combination would be one of the following:
Pyro Pony
Frostfang
Ruby Razorback
Pearl Peryton
Sapphire Cthulhu

Good question though. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm a little confused, perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. But I thought the only outcomes for that would be pyro pony, skyger or ruby razorback. Since you take one element from each animal. Gem from the pearl animal and the fire from pony would result in a ruby razorback or pyro pony. The pyros fire and pearls water would give a skyger. Would the water and gem element from the same animal combine to give the other above listed animals?

sweethutch
12-16-15, 04:20 PM
Am I going bonkers? I don't see this breeding time on the breeding list and I see that the new part 1 of the trio is 15 hours so what do I have in my den?? Lol!

skeexix
12-16-15, 05:16 PM
Am I going bonkers? I don't see this breeding time on the breeding list and I see that the new part 1 of the trio is 15 hours so what do I have in my den?? Lol!

Chilly Goat?

sweetdeda
12-16-15, 05:19 PM

It's a chilly goat.

natxjkkggg
12-22-15, 09:07 AM
Sorry I made a false entry

LonePudding
12-23-15, 05:52 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this...

To @sweetdeda, @chippychan & @matiasabad94,
My game isn't letting me send any gems! I will keep trying but I can't promise it will work. Sorry!

From your neighbour and daily gifter,
✨ Celestia Woods ✨

sweetdeda
12-23-15, 06:23 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this...

My game isn't letting me send any gems! I will keep trying but I can't promise it will work. Sorry!

From your neighbour and daily gifter,
✨ Celestia Woods ✨
I'm pretty sure I got a gem from you today, no worries.
I had an issue yesterday sending gifts, I had to try at least 3 times before yours would go. I was hoping you received it.

LonePudding
12-23-15, 06:52 AM
I'm pretty sure I got a gem from you today, no worries.
I had an issue yesterday sending gifts, I had to try at least 3 times before yours would go. I was hoping you received it.

Oh good. I would select my three, press send and the pyro pony gallops across the screen forever, forcing me to close the game :( And I did receive yours, thanks :D

LonePudding
12-31-15, 05:13 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE FROM ENGLAND!!

We are 13 minutes into 2016 now, looking forward to what's to come!
Have a lovely time everyone! :)

sweetdeda
12-31-15, 06:40 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE FROM ENGLAND!!

We are 13 minutes into 2016 now, looking forward to what's to come!
Have a lovely time everyone! :)
Happy New Year LonePudding, may 2016 bring you positive things in life and in Fantasy Forest!

JeffW60
01-01-16, 03:40 PM
I got a Skyger yesterday but dark was not a element. Right now I am breeding Lightning/Fire and Water/Earth and got a 7 hour breed time, but I see nothing in that breed combination for 7 hours that it could possibly be.

Just wondered if any others might have encountered any possible errors.

Drachenia
01-01-16, 03:46 PM
I got a Skyger yesterday but dark was not a element. Right now I am breeding Lightning/Fire and Water/Earth and got a 7 hour breed time, but I see nothing in that breed combination for 7 hours that it could possibly be.

You get Skyger with breeding Water/Fire :D

saucysammis
01-01-16, 03:47 PM

Not an error.

Skyger is originally bred by fire and water which are two of the four elements you have used. It is the only way to introduce the dark element into a new forest and so continues through the game to be a result of the fire/water combination.

JeffW60
01-01-16, 04:00 PM
Oops. You guys are right. I still get a it confused at times about all of it, but I'm learning.

Thanks

Enilon1
01-04-16, 10:57 PM
What type of creatures coming out of this egg

sweetypies97
01-04-16, 11:03 PM
That's a Mardi claw egg :)

miamimutz
01-10-16, 07:27 PM
I'm trying for a unicorn so this was bred from Turtisle and Amardillo. 6 hrs hatch time but I don't see this egg in the awesome egg chart that I refer to in another thread on a regular basis.
Thx!

ninasidstorm8
01-10-16, 07:37 PM
I'm trying for a unicorn so this was bred from Turtisle and Amardillo. 6 hrs hatch time but I don't see this egg in the awesome egg chart that I refer to in another thread on a regular basis.
Thx!

Paradise Parrot

miamimutz
01-11-16, 01:38 PM
Paradise Parrot

Thank u!
U r correct! I didn't have this so not a loss for me😀

natxjkkggg
01-23-16, 04:28 PM
I got a 7 hour timer with Pearl Periton and PyroPony ????

ninasidstorm8
01-23-16, 04:43 PM
I got a 7 hour timer with Pearl Periton and PyroPony ????

Water + Fire = Skyger

woowoo69
01-27-16, 02:19 PM
I have just put frost fang and pyro pony in the den and got a 7 hour timer. The chart I am looking at only has skyger or vinotaur as 7 hour possibilities so will it be the latter but I haven't used nature element

Silverrain1
01-27-16, 02:39 PM
I have just put frost fang and pyro pony in the den and got a 7 hour timer. The chart I am looking at only has skyger or vinotaur as 7 hour possibilities so will it be the latter but I haven't used nature element

When you use fire and water together, they combine to make the dark element so you will have the skyger. All fire and water combinations have the skyger as s possible outcome and it's the only outcome when your combination is only fire and water.

LonePudding
02-15-16, 10:44 AM
Hopefully you will all see this message.
Unfortunately, I'm being forced to leave Fantasy Forest for now as my game refuses to open. This is the second device it refuses to run on and I have run out of options. I hope you can all find another gem buddy with ease. Thanks for everything guys :)

From your neighbour,
✨ Celestia Woods ✨

Sandybellee
02-15-16, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry to see you go, LonePudding! Hopefully you can play again soon. Take care! :)

31aug2002
02-15-16, 11:38 AM
Sorry to see you go LonePudding!! Hope TL resolves this issue soon.
I too am finding it difficult to load the game on the iPad as of an hour ago.

PLEASE TL DO SOMETHING!!!

natxjkkggg
02-15-16, 11:41 AM
Hello LonePudding,
I Hope really You can get help from the makers of FFS and You can stay with us!! It is really hard to believe that especially You had to leave FFS.
Because I estimate your help and advices and would be very Sad to loose it.
Come back soon!!

ninasidstorm8
02-15-16, 12:25 PM
Hopefully you will all see this message.
Unfortunately, I'm being forced to leave Fantasy Forest for now as my game refuses to open. This is the second device it refuses to run on and I have run out of options. I hope you can all find another gem buddy with ease. Thanks for everything guys :)

From your neighbour,
✨ Celestia Woods ✨

Sorry to see you leave. Hopefully S8 will resolve the issue soon. Your forest will be waiting for you if you decide to return

LonePudding
02-15-16, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys, I will continue to visit the forums for other games so if you'd like to chat, I'm a just PM away. I hope TL can do something about this, but it really is a long-term issue that I'm sure they are aware of and can't fix. I'll stay optimistic though. :)

kooky panda
02-15-16, 06:35 PM
Lonepudding, I am so sorry you are having these issues! Hopefully this can be resolved!

Please continue this discussion via PMs so the thread can get back on topic!

Thanks!

cameandstay
02-20-16, 06:02 AM
My Rudolph level 11 does not appear in the list of breedings. Someone of you have the same problem? And how can I fix? Thanks.

ps.

I noticed that other animals are not in the breeding list.

Silverrain1
02-20-16, 08:21 AM
My Rudolph level 11 does not appear in the list of breedings. Someone of you have the same problem? And how can I fix? Thanks.

ps.

I noticed that other animals are not in the breeding list.

I'm not sure why you can't breed with the rudolphin, my den is currently occupied so I can't check if I can but will have a look for next time. Some animals you can not breed with, the treasure animals, Xmas, Valentine's etc. Any special element that's in an animal makes that an animal you can't breed with

cameandstay
02-20-16, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure why you can't breed with the rudolphin, my den is currently occupied so I can't check if I can but will have a look for next time. Some animals you can not breed with, the treasure animals, Xmas, Valentine's etc. Any special element that's in an animal makes that an animal you can't breed with

Thank you for your reply
I got my Rudolphin with Pandaffodil and Frostfang. It has not been bought or won in a tournament. It has nothing special .... but if you can not use ... patience. :)

ninasidstorm8
02-20-16, 11:05 AM
Thank you for your reply
I got my Rudolphin with Pandaffodil and Frostfang. It has not been bought or won in a tournament. It has nothing special .... but if you can not use ... patience. :)

The Rudolphin was part of the Gift Givers Breeding Trio. Once the time for breeding the Trio is complete, the animals can no longer be used for breeding and will not show up in the list.

mbyte68
02-20-16, 12:47 PM
Just spotted my timer on this combo is it it crystal 28771

Silverrain1
02-20-16, 02:03 PM
The Rudolphin was part of the Gift Givers Breeding Trio. Once the time for breeding the Trio is complete, the animals can no longer be used for breeding and will not show up in the list.

Thanks, I couldn't remember where we got the rudolphin for so thanks for clearing that up

Silverrain1
02-20-16, 02:05 PM
Thank you for your reply

No worries, hope these replies have cleared things up for you

mbyte68
02-21-16, 10:50 AM
Cheers

zoeee87
02-24-16, 08:07 PM
I'm struggling getting a Vinotaur- any recommendations? Thanks!

Silverrain1
02-25-16, 11:15 AM
I'm struggling getting a Vinotaur- any recommendations? Thanks!

It took me ages to get my vinotaur but think I finally got it with pandafodil and and pyro pony . Think it was my last goal to complete! (Apart from the unicorn that is)

zoeee87
02-25-16, 12:41 PM
It took me ages to get my vinotaur but think I finally got it with pandafodil and and pyro pony . Think it was my last goal to complete! (Apart from the unicorn that is)

I'll try that! I just got my unicorn! So this Vinotaur needs to happen! Lol thanks!

Silverrain1
02-25-16, 01:21 PM
No worries, hope you get him. Irs a pretty good fighter in the battlegrounds to!

Thatsmylucy
02-26-16, 05:37 AM
If you have a question on breeding combos(what egg is this?, What combos do I need , etc) please post here.

Fantasy-Forest-Game-Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71389-Fantasy-Forest-Game-Guide)

Breeding

Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71284-Fantasy-story-breeding-list&p=937043&viewfull=1#post937043)

I started a new forest and I got an 18 hour timer with rock & pyro pony. Can't figure out what it is & there's no 18 hour timer for this combo in breeding chart. Do u know what it could be. Thanks so much.

natxjkkggg
02-26-16, 06:30 AM
It should be a Stuffin puffin super rare

Thatsmylucy
02-26-16, 09:56 AM
Thank you. Exciting if it is. Brand new forest & only the fourth animal I've bred in it.

Phaedrakiki
03-12-16, 03:08 PM
I'm stumped as to what this egg is! I looked thru the market--it doesn't look like any of those critters. But I must be forgetting something...
Bred with Jade Kirin/Fennec Shoc. Nest shows 17 hrs. to hatch. TIA for any help!29419

ninasidstorm8
03-12-16, 03:30 PM
It looks like an Onyx Ox Egg but that is 18 hours. Are you sure you have the time correct?

natxjkkggg
03-12-16, 05:12 PM
It is a Onyx ox i had breed the Same 2 days ago!!!!

Phaedrakiki
03-12-16, 06:23 PM
Aha! Thanks, both of you! I looked at the Onyx Ox thread, but the egg shown is just a "generic" one (didn't realize it at the time--hadn't been up long.) Not sure why the time is off. Think my forest AND I are both losing it!:rolleyes:

Anyway, it's good news as I don't have an Onxy Ox. Pluggin' those holes up, slowly but...(well, just slowly...)

chickenladyx14
03-13-16, 11:23 AM
I have a 21 hour breeding clock. I am using Thorilla and Hydro Yak. Could this be the Gold Lion? TY
I also have a Mercat egg on the nest which is a new one for me. The egg is really beautiful!

Silverrain1
03-13-16, 11:54 AM
I have a 21 hour breeding clock. I am using Thorilla and Hydro Yak. Could this be the Gold Lion? TY
I also have a Mercat egg on the nest which is a new one for me. The egg is really beautiful!

Congrats, I think you have just bread one of my favs! The storm Sphinx! Grass and electric elements. Mercat is another lovely animal which has always managed to escape my forest

chickenladyx14
03-13-16, 12:09 PM
Woo Hoo!!! TY Silverrain1 for your reply! I have been having very bad luck breeding so this makes the fails seem less aggravating. :D I got both of these today - in between frequent loss of internet service.
I will cross my fingers, eyes, toes and wish for you a Mercat! :)
EDITED TO ADD: I also have my Cross Your Heart bra on! Four crosses should bring you much luck!

Silverrain1
03-13-16, 12:39 PM
Thank you. I hope I can get a mercat along with some others in still missing. Hope u enjoy your storm Sphinx, mines is epic and awesome in battles

jojopeanut
03-13-16, 02:46 PM
What is 19 HRS Fire/Earth? I just got this timer. Maybe something I already have but forgot.

natxjkkggg
03-13-16, 03:00 PM
I think it is a rubble rooster a super rare animal.

jojopeanut
03-13-16, 03:03 PM
I think it is a rubble rooster a super rare animal.
Thanks I think the Rooster is 18HRS though I already have one but I could be wrong maybe it's 19.

GanleeKalinae
03-13-16, 03:12 PM
What is 19 HRS Fire/Earth? I just got this timer. Maybe something I already have but forgot.

Just checked, looks like a rubble rooster alright.

BNM11013
03-13-16, 06:15 PM
Question... I really want a crystal Unicorn. I've been trying to breed it for about a couple of weeks now... Now i know you need to breed 4 elements to have a chance... I was told the best animals to use were Turtisle and Amordillo.. I have them both to level 10... and still no luck.. my question is should i get a better shot by putting them both to epic or do i need to change animals all together?

ninasidstorm8
03-13-16, 06:27 PM
Breeding a Crystal Unicorn is a rare event indeed. The odds seem to be somewhere around 1 in 200 tries. From my experience, it doesn't seem to matter what animals you use (as long as there is four unique elements between them). The level of the animals doesn't seem to matter either as long as they meet the level 4 minimum to breed.

BNM11013
03-13-16, 08:16 PM
Breeding a Crystal Unicorn is a rare event indeed. The odds seem to be somewhere around 1 in 200 tries. From my experience, it doesn't seem to matter what animals you use (as long as there is four unique elements between them). The level of the animals doesn't seem to matter either as long as they meet the level 4 minimum to breed.

Thank you that gives me some insight, that was helpful

BNM11013
03-26-16, 10:09 PM
So after many maaannny months I finally was able to get the animal I have so long coveted for. ..The Crystal Unicorn... I was so happy to have her. Now my next mission is to get a crystal hybrid...but I really can't make my mind up ok which to go after. I really like Jade Kirin and Pearl Peyton..I actually want them all but for now I will take em as I get them. I was just wondering which combos worked for anyone else lucky to get the UC and the other hybrids.

JeffW60
03-26-16, 10:24 PM
First of all congratulations. I bred my first CU about 2 weeks ago so I know it was exciting. I am currently breeding the CU with dark/lightning. Those two elements contain several super rare animals that I do not have plus those two elements seem to have animals with the highest earning rate. Plus of course there is the chance for a Gem hybrid. One other thing to consider is that if you say breed a CU with water/ plant, you have a chance for 4 different hybrids. Same for fire/plant. Lots of options. I am just glad to get away from 4 element breeding. I got so tired of that.

chickenladyx14
03-27-16, 12:24 PM
Happy Easter!
If I breed Ban Sheep (electric/dark) with Dragonfly (electric/dark) will I get a Zapra which is also electric/dark? TYIA

natxjkkggg
03-27-16, 12:26 PM
Perhaps it is one of the multiple possibilities

chickenladyx14
03-27-16, 12:33 PM
TY for the reply. :)

MaribouMay
03-27-16, 01:07 PM
Happy Easter!
If I breed Ban Sheep (electric/dark) with Dragonfly (electric/dark) will I get a Zapra which is also electric/dark? TYIA

Any currently breedable electric-dark animal may result from this combination so yes, a Zapra is possible.

chickenladyx14
03-28-16, 06:06 PM
Thank-you for the reply! I tried it and now have an Elephantom egg on the nest.

natxjkkggg
03-28-16, 11:28 PM
Not so Bad fail, if You don't have this already!!

brickrop2
03-29-16, 10:00 AM
What happens when i breed 2 crystal unicorns?

Sandybellee
03-29-16, 10:12 AM
What happens when i breed 2 crystal unicorns?

You will get one of the basic one element animals (Pyro Pony, Rock Rhino, Pandaffodil, Frostfang, Skyger, Lightning Leopard).

brickrop2
03-29-16, 11:08 AM
You will get one of the basic one element animals (Pyro Pony, Rock Rhino, Pandaffodil, Frostfang, Skyger, Lightning Leopard).

thanks

GanleeKalinae
04-01-16, 04:43 AM
I've just bred a Beever with a Firefox and gotten a 13 hour timer. I've checked but I can't for the life of me find out what this could be, I think the guide I am using might be missing some animals maybe :p

Sandybellee
04-01-16, 04:48 AM
I've just bred a Beever with a Firefox and gotten a 13 hour timer. I've checked but I can't for the life of me find out what this could be, I think the guide I am using might be missing some animals maybe :p

Could be Ember Bear. Dark-fire 13 hour breeding time.

GanleeKalinae
04-01-16, 04:51 AM
Thank you Sandybellee, so the offspring can take elements from either both parents or just one of the parents?

natxjkkggg
04-01-16, 07:49 AM
With 4 elements breeding I got a 21 Hour timer ???

GanleeKalinae
04-01-16, 07:56 AM
With 4 elements breeding I got a 21 Hour timer ???

Possible Gold Lion or Storm Sphinx I think! Both great results ;)

Sandybellee
04-01-16, 07:59 AM
Thank you Sandybellee, so the offspring can take elements from either both parents or just one of the parents?

Yes. It actually happens pretty often that elements from just one parent are used.

GanleeKalinae
04-01-16, 08:12 AM
Yes. It actually happens pretty often that elements from just one parent are used.

Thanks that has cleared up the mystery for me ;) looks like it will be an ember bear like you said or a conducktor, not so exciting but hopefully might get 3 bombs if I am lucky!

natxjkkggg
04-01-16, 10:53 AM
The First gold lion at my second account. Yeah!!!!
Olaf the 2th will be Born within 21 Hours

chickenladyx14
04-12-16, 12:23 PM
I have a 22 hour timer using Thorilla (electric/earth) and Twilight Troll (dark/nature). From what I see on the breeding/egg charts, there is 3 possible outcomes with all being a super rare. Am I correct? TY

GanleeKalinae
04-12-16, 07:20 PM
I have a 22 hour timer using Thorilla (electric/earth) and Twilight Troll (dark/nature). From what I see on the breeding/egg charts, there is 3 possible outcomes with all being a super rare. Am I correct? TY

You are indeed, looks like a Shockatoo, Terradactyl or Tesllama, all great animals to end up with!

chickenladyx14
04-12-16, 07:25 PM
Thank-you GanleeKalinae :)