PDA

View Full Version : Gem Confirmation

SilverGull
07-30-14, 06:56 AM
When going through to start several jobs at once (mostly when farming), it's easy to forget that buildings often aren't highlighted on the first click if there's something to collect there first. And because the 'finish [with gems]' button is in the same place as, say, the 'plant' button, I keep accidentally wasting gems on things I'd rather wait for, not realising until it's too late that my fingers have automatically gone to the right place but with the wrong building selected. I understand that the button it replaces in most cases does need to be gone while whatever is happening is in progress, but is there a way that the 'finish' button can be placed further away from the same spot without interfering with that? Ideally somewhere that's still obvious but leaves little chance of an accidental click.
Thanks for your consideration.

hansmolln
07-30-14, 11:12 AM
That would be a really good improvement! The same thing just happened to me.

I don't want to believe that this is done intentionally to trick the players into spending more gems (although one could think that this might be the case? it's either that or no one ever tested the game to find usability issues like rather obvious one) because the risk of having frustrated users that leave the game would be too high. That's at least what I hope.

kita_drisk
07-31-14, 06:49 AM
I agree, I think that'd be a useful change. I've only once accidentally spent gems, but I still sometimes hit the button. I'm just happy I don't have enough gems at the time to waste them ;-)

55lee55
08-06-14, 04:23 PM
I am shocked that this gem trap is placed where it is. I lose a gem more often than not when farming and this is another way this game is wringing gems out of players in every way possible.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that TL built this entire thing not as a game, but to exist as a the world's largest gem trap!

Everything costs many times over in both time and money. TL please move the button from where the plant button normally resides when farming. It is not something that should take much effort.

Please give players at least this one thing!

stoneflower8
10-19-14, 11:59 PM
I lost gem again.
I want to suggest the team of game FFS to do so, it extends an additional window that asks if I want to really use some gems to mine action. The reason is that the apple icon appears in the same place with the icon of the gems. So when I want to pull the "apple" hitting "gem". As a result I lost about 50 gems. Moreover because the "screen touch" of my iPhone I lost another 10.
Friends, tell me please have you same problems or this is only my problem?:confused:

[S8] Elsa
10-20-14, 10:55 AM
I lost gem again.
I want to suggest the team of game FFS to do so, it extends an additional window that asks if I want to really use some gems to mine action. The reason is that the apple icon appears in the same place with the icon of the gems. So when I want to pull the "apple" hitting "gem". As a result I lost about 50 gems. Moreover because the "screen touch" of my iPhone I lost another 10.
Friends, tell me please have you same problems or this is only my problem?:confused:

Sorry to hear about this. Please email support@teamlava.com for assistance. :)

cquinn32
10-20-14, 11:10 AM
Hate to say it but yes they intentionally put the finish now button in the same place!! They could easily put it somewhere else but then we wouldn't waste gems.

stoneflower8
10-21-14, 04:44 AM
Cquinn32, I understand that you believe in conspiracy creators? I do not believe! But they have to change location!!!

stoneflower8
10-21-14, 07:28 AM
This is a nonsense. Today another 10 lost gems. I did not understand when I clicked but seems to have been on both animals under the tree because I had to wait 16 hours and already appeared heart.Ooooh! I'm tired!

ArcadiaTofu
10-21-14, 09:48 AM
Cquinn32, I understand that you believe in conspiracy creators? I do not believe! But they have to change location!!!

Stone, it's not a conspiracy-theory mindset at all when backed up by TL's continued silence on the 'gem trap' issue. I think I've personally brought up gem-trap issues about three times on various threads the mods have been in and not once was the gem-trap issue ever, ever addressed by TL mods/team (at most they just tell you to contact customer support for help if you messed up badly). The mods/designers just ignore it when players beg them to move the 'finish' button away from the same location as the plant button (or add on a confirmation box). I, myself, lost 38 gems last night because my finger bumped against the 'finish' button after accidentally tapping on one of my 20-hr rune prune farms when I thought it was a habitat and wasn't being as keen-eyed as I should have been. 38 gems that I worked hard to achieve---wasted on speeding a 20-hr farming that I wouldn't have minded waiting 20 hours for like all my other farms! Just because my finger twitched too fast for my brain to stop it when I realized it wasn't a habitat but my farm :mad:

Anyway... There are two major ways a user will accidentally lose gems in this game because of where the 'finish' button is located: when trying to collect on habitats that are next to farms (like I did) and when trying to plant quickly and not being fast enough to see it hasn't switched over to the next farm fast enough. The way I see it, that 'finish' button is perfectly placed in TL's opinion and there's little to no chance that it'll EVER be moved or a 'confirmation' popup will occur when you ever click 'finish'.

If you don't believe me that it's a purposeful gem-trap that TL will never address or want to fix, stay a while and watch as TL stays silent on the issue for the nth time. If TL actually DOES address the 'finish button' gem-trap I'll be very, VERY surprised. And maybe a bit hopeful that TL cares about its customers' #1 gripe/complaint enough to change it... but if they haven't changed it in DS all this time, they'll never want to do that for FFS. (Ask SANDS on what she thinks about the gem-trap issue that both DS and FFS have and she'll be able to give you a much, much better explanation than I ever could. I'm a lowly novice compared to her when it comes to this!).

My opinions are my own and while you and many others may think differently (or just think we're being paranoid), those that have been here long enough have noticed that TL never actually addresses the gem trap issue or give the impression they will fix it in future versions. But, hey, maybe a Christmas miracle will occur and they'll finally fix it for a present to users (god, I hope so!). If they respond to it directly or actually say they're going to fix it, though... I'll eat a peanut butter cookie. And I HATE peanut butter cookies---with a fiery passion. That's how confident I am that TL will never fix the gem traps of the game.

Sorry, friend, but customer support is about the only option you'll get for the foreseeable future :( I hope you get your gems back! I'll probably never get mine back, even if I ask customer support >.<

stoneflower8
10-22-14, 06:03 AM
TL must take the change because we are customers of their products and then violate our rights as consumers.

xxxe
10-22-14, 06:32 AM
I play 6 TL games and have spent unintentional gems in everyone. Yes it's frusterating but you just have to slow down. I haven't made a mistake in awhile because I am very careful what I press these days. All of TLs games are free unless you want to buy gems. They need to make money somehow. I think everybody is way to critical. Nothing in life is perfect and you just have to take the good with the bad.

dumbpluff
11-05-14, 10:48 AM
i've had more than one occasion where i've mistapped or i've set my phone down and someone else or a pet touches the screen and i end up losing gems or, in what i'm pretty sure is the truth of the godawful case of today, selling a rare/tournament animal that i wanted to keep.

there's no 'are you sure?' option for things like that when there really should be.

gems cost people real money, and for most cases, the tournaments and other events end up requiring gems and such just so players can get these monsters. it would be a wonderful idea if, in ffs and even other games if they don't have it, there's an option for things like that to say 'do you really want to do this?' when it comes to purchases or gem times.

with a lot of buttons being in the same place, it gets even more complicated. what comes to mind is when i'm manually harvesting coins, the 'collect' button for habitats is in the same spot as the 'finish' button for my crops; i've had more than a few occasions where all of a sudden i'm down however-many gems and one farm has crops to pick when that's absolutely not what i wanted at all.

so my suggestion, really, is to just put a confirmation button up for gem purchases that DOESN'T overlap with already existing buttons. it'd be easier than picking and choosing what situations should have a button or not and i'm sure it would make so many people happier. if you just change the screen to say 'okay, is this what you want?' and the 'yes/no' buttons are directly in the same places as they were before, it doesn't help any and just leads to multi-click damage. just a small window would be fine, if it suits you.

inespay
11-25-14, 05:23 AM
Confirmation message is so so so needed!

Vodelle
11-30-14, 10:09 AM
Is this kind of behavior even allowed by apple anymore?

They need a confirmation action -- either tapping the gem button again or a pop-up asking you if you're sure. I've lost around 10 gems already due to tapping too fast on food or accidentally tapping on my tree while trying to plant food (they're right next to each other. luckily it was a rainguin or something so that time only cost me 4 gems, but I can imagine having a longer breeding in there...). Ridiculous and obviously meant to be a trap imo.

BlueCanary
11-30-14, 10:34 AM
I've never bought gems for TL games and never will because of the lack of a confirmation action, which people have asked after for years now. They have a confirmation for selling animals, so no reason it can't be applied to actions requiring gems. I'm not willing to waste real money on gems when you can easily lose it due to a "sync error," or just an accidental mis tap. I have purchases on my phone locked as well so I don't make any accidental buys either.

linahvail
12-02-14, 07:39 PM
Oh. God. Yes. I've done this so many times I can't even remember. As mentioned before, they have a confirmation for selling an animal/egg. Same with upgrading farms and habitats. Why can't they do the same for using gems to finish farming/breeding/evolving? It isn't that complicated, is it? I don't care about the button being moved, as long as there a confirmation window (though knowing my luck they'd put the yes button right where the button I just accidentally pressed). Or, what I'd prefer even more is a way to get free gems by watching ads. It doesn't have to be many (even 1 per video's enough). Probably will never happen, but if it does, this'll be the first time I'd actually buy gems/gold from these people.

Edit: Okay…maybe I should find the rules, because I had no idea you can't mention other people's games…

Vodelle
01-17-15, 08:32 AM
Just lost 20 gems to a gem trap. To say that I'm unhappy would be understating it.

luvtwilight
01-26-15, 09:44 PM
It is so frustrating when your trying to plant fruit and you accidentally click on a finish now and it uses your gems without making sure you actually wanted to use your gems. This can make the game very frustrating especially if you paid money for those gems and they just get wasted.

xxxe
01-31-15, 01:35 PM
This is the first time I have accidently spent gems in this game because I have been playing TL games for a very long time so I know to be very careful when doing anything in game. I just want to say it's absolute C rap that i just spent 40 gems to rush a 20 hour crop. Really? You can spend 20 gems in game to get around 3000 food. So I just spent 40 gems for 700? Why is that even an option?! You literally can get 6000 something food for 40 gems if I were to outright buy the food with my gems. But to speed a 20 hour crop for 40 gems I get 700? I usually don't get upset over gem traps. It has happened a hundred times in the countless games I've played. This one just feels like complete thievery. IF that's even a word lol

readysetgo888
01-31-15, 01:43 PM
This is the first time I have accidently spent gems in this game because I have been playing TL games for a very long time so I know to be very careful when doing anything in game. I just want to say it's absolute C rap that i just spent 40 gems to rush a 20 hour crop. Really? You can spend 20 gems in game to get around 3000 food. So I just spent 40 gems for 700? Why is that even an option?! You literally can get 6000 something food for 40 gems if I were to outright buy the food with my gems. But to speed a 20 hour crop for 40 gems I get 700? I usually don't get upset over gem traps. It has happened a hundred times in the countless games I've played. This one just feels like complete thievery. IF that's even a word. I am having a horrible day as it is and now I'm even more upset. If I didn't have a tournament to complete and a life I need to attend to I would just sleep the rest of this awful day away. And yes I am being very dramatic but oh well.

Really sorry :( I totally feel you. I completely agree, rushing the 20 hour crop shouldn't even be an option. That, and some of the other things you can speed for absolutely no reason... they are gem traps designed for no other reason than to get people to waste their gems. It's disgusting.

I didn't mention this as one of my complaints in the world event thread, but since you brought it up... having to plant constant 20 hour crops is probably the main reason I dislike the events, because of the gem trap you just ran into. It sucks. I would rather never plant 20 hour crops and run that risk of losing the gems. I have more coins than I possibly need and the grand farm gives a much better return, with it being much less disastrous to accidentally speed. So sorry that happened to you... it's the game being completely unfair, which unfortunately is exactly how they want to be. They could EASILY fix this and require a confirmation to spend gems but they won't, because being totally unfair turns a profit.

xxxe
01-31-15, 02:07 PM
I completely agree, Ready! And thanks for being here in my time of need lol. I hate planting 20 hour crops too! I have 25 million coins and I have two grand farms that I usually plant the 5 hour 800 crops option. I know I need to be more careful but I was trying to farm in a hurry. Oh well I guess lesson learned. It's just so silly to me that I can outright buy the crops at 20 gems for 3200 yet I just spent 40 on 700. So silly. I have had worse traps before though. I spent 75 on BS speeding the rest of my food once. I stopped playing for over a month I was so upset. It really makes me not want to spend real money on gems knowing I could accidently lose them.

Vodelle
01-31-15, 02:19 PM
Right, I lost 20 gems like a week ago from another one of their gem traps (which is basically any time you want to use gems, since there are no confirmations on ANYTHING).

I don't get their strategy, here. Okay, so I lose 20 gems, or 1 or 2 or 3 gems here or there... I ain't gonna buy more to replace those. In fact, I'm just not going to buy gems at all since I know that a misclick could lead to half of them being gone. No thanks. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, TL.

IcyDiva
01-23-16, 05:00 AM
Hi. Im not quite happy right now because my sister just made me spend 50 gems unnecessarily. 💎💸
I used to have 191 gems. 😞😢 Could you somehow give them back to me? Please, my storm8 user is IcyDiva and I would just like you to know that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Fantasy Forest Story and I have spent about $2 on it. I never really spend any money on apps, but Fantasy Forest WAS WORTH IT! Please, please, PLEASE get my gems back to me.
I'll try to be more careful, Stormy oh, yes I will...... 😕

-IcyDiva

kooky panda
01-23-16, 02:31 PM
Hi. Im not quite happy right now because my sister just made me spend 50 gems unnecessarily. 💎💸
I used to have 191 gems. 😞😢 Could you somehow give them back to me? Please, my storm8 user is IcyDiva and I would just like you to know that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Fantasy Forest Story and I have spent about $2 on it. I never really spend any money on apps, but Fantasy Forest WAS WORTH IT! Please, please, PLEASE get my gems back to me.
I'll try to be more careful, Stormy oh, yes I will...... 😕

-IcyDiva

I am sorry this happened! For loss of gems, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

55lee55
04-22-16, 07:17 PM
I keep losing gems, sometimes a 1000 at a time to gem traps! No matter how carefully and slowly I play, eventually I brush the top of my iPhone screen and accidentally buy food or coins. I have over a billion coins and over 2 million food so I would never buy these things on purpose. They are not returnable by S8.

I quit buying gems on sale like I used to and try to keep my bank low, but then something comes up that I want to buy but I don't have the gems for it. Once I paid full price for gems and hit a gem trap seconds later, before I could buy what I wanted, Yes, I am elderly and clumsy, and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, but am I too old to play this otherwise awesome game?

What do others do to prevent accidentally buying food or coins that aren't needed? Is there a way to mask off that part of the screen? It seems that I can buy unwanted food just by looking at my iPhone. I didn't have this problem on my iPad or iPad mini but neither is able to play this game anymore. Should I just give it up after playing since the beginning? I love this game. Does anyone have some hints about how to avoid the big gem traps? Am I the only one who gets caught in them? I feel really stupid that I can't play this game without messing up so often and spending hundreds of dollars on unwanted coins and food. Does anyone have some useful advice? Thanks.

monbohn
04-22-16, 09:38 PM
Hi :-) I'm not really much help on how to avoid this....so far I haven't done it on this game (fingers crossed), but I have done it on Dragon Story and wasted gold I had just purchased in order to finish up an event I'd fallen behind on. I've only been playing FFS for a few months now though....so just give it time, lol. Like you I'm bit older and I'm definitely clumsy. Sometimes I just get into a rhythm of clicking and don't realize I've clicked something wrong before it's too late. Maybe S8 would be willing to add an "are you sure you want to proceed?" button so that if we click on accident there's a second click to confirm. I'm not sure how much it would take to do that and if there's a suggestion thread for things like that....my memory isn't so great anymore and I always have to go back to look again. I do know we're not alone in having done this....I've seen other comments made when people have done it. I hope you continue to play....and maybe others have some good suggestions on how to avoid these accidental purchases. If I do see a thread for suggestions I'll suggest a confirmation button.

monbohn
04-22-16, 10:13 PM
Would it be possible to add a button/pop up to confirm purchases of food or coins with gems? I haven't done it here yet but I have done it on DS....accidentally buy food or coins with gems/gold. I've seen a few people comment/complain about this happening to them too. It's frustrating, whether you purchase your special currency or whether you save it up from daily gifting with 3 neighbors. A "do you wish to proceed?" button...or something similar....would be very helpful and appreciated. I hope this is something that will be considered. Thank you. :)

monbohn
04-22-16, 10:16 PM
I have posted the suggestion of a "do you wish to proceed?" button in the thread for suggestions and feedback. :)

debrasbistro
04-22-16, 10:22 PM
It doesn't happen much to me on my iPad either. But, I was just playing Dragon Story on my iPhone, and I would've paid 1000 for food accidentally, but thank goodness I had wasted some gold speeding with the diamond temple and no longer had 1000. It almost encourages you not to have a lot of gold and I would think they would rather people buy from gem sales rather than skip them due to traps. Hence, they should have a confirmation
button.

Just my two cents and I'm sorry that keeps happening to you.

Silverrain1
04-23-16, 12:59 AM
Definitely not just you. Sometimes I click to fast and spend gems on my farm instead of moving to the next farm. The other day I dropped my iPhone, caught it and as I caught it I spent 100 gems on food!

JeffW60
04-23-16, 05:19 AM
I have posted the suggestion of a "do you wish to proceed?" button in the thread for suggestions and feedback. :)

That would be a good idea. It has happened to me on at least 3 occasions. I have forced myself to play slowly.

55lee55
04-26-16, 08:39 AM
Stone, it's not a conspiracy-theory mindset at all when backed up by TL's continued silence on the 'gem trap' issue. I think I've personally brought up gem-trap issues about three times on various threads the mods have been in and not once was the gem-trap issue ever, ever addressed by TL mods/team (at most they just tell you to contact customer support for help if you messed up badly). The mods/designers just ignore it when players beg them to move the 'finish' button away from the same location as the plant button (or add on a confirmation box). I, myself, lost 38 gems last night because my finger bumped against the 'finish' button after accidentally tapping on one of my 20-hr rune prune farms when I thought it was a habitat and wasn't being as keen-eyed as I should have been. 38 gems that I worked hard to achieve---wasted on speeding a 20-hr farming that I wouldn't have minded waiting 20 hours for like all my other farms! Just because my finger twitched too fast for my brain to stop it when I realized it wasn't a habitat but my farm :mad:

Anyway... There are two major ways a user will accidentally lose gems in this game because of where the 'finish' button is located: when trying to collect on habitats that are next to farms (like I did) and when trying to plant quickly and not being fast enough to see it hasn't switched over to the next farm fast enough. The way I see it, that 'finish' button is perfectly placed in TL's opinion and there's little to no chance that it'll EVER be moved or a 'confirmation' popup will occur when you ever click 'finish'.

If you don't believe me that it's a purposeful gem-trap that TL will never address or want to fix, stay a while and watch as TL stays silent on the issue for the nth time. If TL actually DOES address the 'finish button' gem-trap I'll be very, VERY surprised. And maybe a bit hopeful that TL cares about its customers' #1 gripe/complaint enough to change it... but if they haven't changed it in DS all this time, they'll never want to do that for FFS. (Ask SANDS on what she thinks about the gem-trap issue that both DS and FFS have and she'll be able to give you a much, much better explanation than I ever could. I'm a lowly novice compared to her when it comes to this!).

My opinions are my own and while you and many others may think differently (or just think we're being paranoid), those that have been here long enough have noticed that TL never actually addresses the gem trap issue or give the impression they will fix it in future versions. But, hey, maybe a Christmas miracle will occur and they'll finally fix it for a present to users (god, I hope so!). If they respond to it directly or actually say they're going to fix it, though... I'll eat a peanut butter cookie. And I HATE peanut butter cookies---with a fiery passion. That's how confident I am that TL will never fix the gem traps of the game.

Sorry, friend, but customer support is about the only option you'll get for the foreseeable future :( I hope you get your gems back! I'll probably never get mine back, even if I ask customer support >.<

Customer support doesn't return gems lost in gem traps. I don't know why some of us are occasionally told how sorry they are and to contact customer support. You can find out which trap took your gems if you are suddenly missing 1000 gems, but that is no consolation. Don't waste your time emailing customer support.