PDA

View Full Version : Update - crashing ?

kyra454
07-29-14, 06:42 PM
Got a new update for castle story on the app story and it's now a new icon for the app and all was fine for about an hour now it keeps crashing and I can't even get back into the game ?? Anyone else got this problem ?

dng1234
07-29-14, 07:42 PM
If you've tried the usual fixes (restarting the device, clearing out background apps, etc.) then just give it time to calm down. If it's still not working later then you may want to try sending in a ticket.

WindyBlu
07-30-14, 03:07 PM
Got a new update for castle story on the app story and it's now a new icon for the app and all was fine for about an hour now it keeps crashing and I can't even get back into the game ?? Anyone else got this problem ?

"it has also crashed on me and I am unable to get to game at all, just want to go back to the way it was."

WindyBlu
07-30-14, 03:08 PM
If you've tried the usual fixes (restarting the device, clearing out background apps, etc.) then just give it time to calm down. If it's still not working later then you may want to try sending in a ticket.

"I tried all the 'fixes' but none have worked"

parlski
07-30-14, 05:38 PM
I never update right away. for these exact reasons ... hope they resolve sooner than later

SpiritWind00
07-30-14, 06:53 PM
I would guess that those who play on iPad 1 may find the upgrade makes their iPad even more unstable to play. I do hope that's not the case, but it may explain comments above? I haven't upgraded yet either...

zoeee87
07-30-14, 08:05 PM
Mine will lot load... So frustrating... I almost didn't update this morning, I have a thought this might happen. And.. It happened.. Hopefully they can fix this and get rid if the music that is playing even when you have the music shut off. :-/

GeckoInBelize
07-30-14, 09:14 PM
What's with the new girly icon, dreadful music you can't turn off, and it's slower than hell - is this supposed to be an improvements??!!!

Queenzod
07-30-14, 10:03 PM
I've noticed that when you're collecting, if you tap on the pile if stuff to pick it up, you can reposition your avatar through the pile of stuff. I don't like this! It seems you can tap wrong very easily and collect from something you don't want to. I can only imagine how this might affect gem traps. Not a good development. :(

luttplutt
07-31-14, 12:32 AM
I've noticed that when you're collecting, if you tap on the pile if stuff to pick it up, you can reposition your avatar through the pile of stuff. I don't like this! It seems you can tap wrong very easily and collect from something you don't want to. I can only imagine how this might affect gem traps. Not a good development. :(

I've noticed that too and it is really frustrating. You used to be able to just tap on the stuff that you wanted to collect without repositioning your avatar or collecting from something unnecessary. I have started to wait until the items go in to inventory by themselves, but come on, who has that many extra seconds in a day? :p;)

And it is also super frustrating when you all of a sudden hit one of the expansion points...

zalmastra
07-31-14, 05:27 AM

I've also just updated and don't like the glitches that seem to have arrived with it. Whenever I tap on my stars and goods or money to collect them my character thinks I've clicked on whatever they were near. Which means if a star is over a pond and I tap on the star she collects water from the pond and I've not clicked on it to do that. Hope that makes sense. Is frustrating because it uses up my energy needlessly. Minor point - don't like the new icon :(

PurpleScorpion76
07-31-14, 06:09 AM
Yes I noticed this and commented on another thread, hadn't noticed this had been discussed in this one. I also spotted the hazard of the gem trap. It seems to me to tap area has increased if that makes sense?

kumkibaby
07-31-14, 06:51 AM
New icon is not at all attractive. Moreover after the update the game is slow..slower.. and now slowest

marrrina
07-31-14, 07:25 AM
New icon is not at all attractive. Moreover after the update the game is slow..slower.. and now slowest

I'm confused as to why it's a unicorn. For a second I thought it was another game entirely.

iAyun
07-31-14, 12:10 PM

I have not updated my app yet (because the update seems worse), but I am experiencing the same crashing when loading..
Some times, the crashing makes me unable to play at all.. The app keeps force closed.
I think this is because updates (between summer updates - these 2-3 weeks), the crashing is getting worse.
The only way I can do to play: reinstall it..
The first time after reinstall, I always able to play it.

I think I want to store some items (items with time counter - flowers, mushrooms).
Hopefully this action helps to avoid crashing..

NoahDaHorsey
07-31-14, 01:35 PM
I've noticed that too and it is really frustrating. You used to be able to just tap on the stuff that you wanted to collect without repositioning your avatar or collecting from something unnecessary. I have started to wait until the items go in to inventory by themselves, but come on, who has that many extra seconds in a day? :p;)

And it is also super frustrating when you all of a sudden hit one of the expansion points...

I too am frustrated by this. It has caused me to waste both gems and energy.

ZooUdian
07-10-16, 07:05 AM
Oh, my... In my case, this game, which worked perfectly before, and I loved it, not only close all the time, it sometimes won't load, and after loading, when I tap anywhere, it will restart my device!!!! It's becoming impossible to play, I've not being able to complete theses goals, because you have to enter the game so many times a day, then I'm ending up with a pile of half -prizes, totally useless, only taking space on the game's board!
Additionally, since I installed this update (and yes, I have already done the usual fixes, and my device has 15 giga of free space), the bakery 2 won't work, in the same way, and the restaurant 2 has showed the same issues, but not all the time. These are the 3D games I used to play, thinking about giving up... I still keep the BS1 and RS1, but they are not that fun anymore!

SpiritWind00
07-10-16, 07:18 AM
Sometimes the issues with crashing etc are not about memory, but about the age of your device and what other traffic is on your wifi area. If you read through the notes in the bugs forum you can try other things.
http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?109-Castle-Story-Bugs-amp-Issues
As this thread is 2 years old am closing, feel free to post in the correct forum if you need further help with your device. :) thanks.