PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Update 7-29-14

dalula
07-29-14, 10:59 AM
I wonder what the update will be.

http://media.tumblr.com/353d307caafcb1daa53b6ccf66b53f0f/tumblr_inline_n9hr75daMn1qm7yoc.png

It's a blast from the past! For this week only, we?ll be bringing back some of your favorite limited-time items! Begin your journey with a trip to Japan and enjoy traditional entertainment with a Geisha Performance in Fashion Story!

Make haste to collect these other re-released items:

Denim Display
Royal Throne
Treadmill

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14475&d=1406659455

Dress-13 gems
Shoes- 8 gems
Ring- 9 gems (under the bag section)
Glasses- 33,500 coins

7 days:
Denim Display- 34 gems
Professionally Posh- 28 gems
Makeup Display- 28 gems
Butterfly Display- 27 gems
Geisha Performance- 28 gems
Royal Throne- 16 gems
Treadmill-25 gems
Elegant Fountain- 29 gems

cat13793
07-29-14, 11:36 AM
It is here and it's AWESOME

cat13793
07-29-14, 11:44 AM

Here's they outfit

xxxe
07-29-14, 11:47 AM
This is the same stuff they release Everytime they bring back old LTOs. Sigh. Cute outfit though. Wish we had decor to go with it.

cakebaby75
07-29-14, 11:52 AM
I do love the outfit! That's the positive bit.

The negative is there is nothing for me in the LTOs as I have all the ones I already want already.

Another positive is... At least the LTOs are back to being reasonably priced so Thanks TL for that.

jojopeanut
07-29-14, 11:56 AM
I haven't looked yet but I LOVE that they are doing this LTO only release again without any special Holiday i.e. Black Friday sale or Easter.

I've never seen the Make up display though so that's new to me

dalula
07-29-14, 12:19 PM
I've never seen the makeup display before, but other than that, the other LTOs are basically the same we get every time.

dalula
07-29-14, 12:20 PM
Denim Display- 34 gems
Professionally Posh- 28 gems
Makeup Display- 28 gems
Butterfly Display- 27 gems
Geisha Performance- 28 gems
Royal Throne- 16 gems
Treadmill-25 gems
Elegant Fountain- 29 gems

7 days

dalula
07-29-14, 12:23 PM
The outfit looks familiar. I think someone suggested something like that in a poll.
Dress-13 gems
Shoes- 8 gems
Ring- 9 gems (under the bag section)
Glasses- 33,500 coins

I like the catalog, but the ring looks like the rose ring and the glasses look like the Valentine's day glasses.

orleansparish
07-29-14, 12:36 PM
The makeup counter is new to me too! I'm so getting two of days. I need my stuff to be all symmetrical like JoJo.

I missed out on the Geisha display and was so annoyed with myself. I have the tea garden I think it's called from that box, so to get those will finally allow me to have a Japanese section, as I've wanted. So double yay! I already have everything else and the butterfly display is so boring to me. All in all this looks to be a very nice update and something new to add to my, as yet unfinished black section.

dalula
07-29-14, 12:45 PM
Same with me! I missed out on the Geisha display. I'm considering getting it.

andromedablack
07-29-14, 12:54 PM
Boring displays, boring colorless catalogue. Every week this game is getting worse.

jojopeanut
07-29-14, 12:57 PM
Aww sweet. It can get expensive though LOL to have 2's. I think this make up counter is new or it came out way early in the game, Or I slept through that update somehow.. lOL

orleansparish
07-29-14, 01:20 PM
Aww sweet. It can get expensive though LOL to have 2's. I think this make up counter is new or it came out way early in the game, Or I slept through that update somehow.. lOL

Its def gotta be new. I remember checking back from when the game first started to see all the goodies. Fashion nerd that I am. Some things I wish I had two of, especially when I can't find a marching display. Like the purple glamour one, I'd do anything for another groovy fountain,wish I'd gotten another perfume counter and could use a second pucker up display.

I have three of those kiss me fountains from valentines and it worked out well. If someone got the makeup counter, can you post a pic pretty please? I won't be able to get it until this weekend.

irlanda_c
07-29-14, 01:28 PM
I bought the makeup counter but I wish it was bigger, when the shoppers are close to it looks ridiculous, specially because of the mirrors being so low compared to the people. Do you think it could get fixed?

jewelfang
07-29-14, 01:49 PM
Has the denim display been in everyone one of these multiple display days on the last year? lol
I already have the geisha display, and I am not interested in any of the other items. I wish they had brought back the ladies tea again, or a few other things besides a treadmill. The make-up counter does look new, but it also kind of looks like an arcade game, so I won't be getting it.

I like the dress from the catalogue, but it does look like the rest of it is old items colored black and gold.

I am happy for the few who may want some of these displays, but this makes a lot of meh updates in a row for me. I actually got bored and opened the lavender box. I got the flower display, and immediately remembered why I don't open boxes. I guess I could buy some new hair. I hate having more than 49 gems because of the trap, even though I have never gotten trapped, I want to avoid it. I was really hoping for an awesome display I would be eager to buy! Oh well.

And btw, I agree the make-up counter looks silly, more badly done art. Like I said, it reminds me of a video game in an arcade. Sorry irlanda. To my knowledge they have never fixed a faulty display. I still have a winter one where the girl has on no pants.

mergirl96
07-29-14, 01:50 PM
Congrats to jojopeanut! I absolutely loved this outfit when you suggested it and I'm so happy it made it into the game! I wish there was a theme built around it but I guess the LTOs make up for that.

mamareader02
07-29-14, 02:09 PM
I love the makeup counter,will go good in my mini Beauty area that's stocked but only for display

melis007
07-29-14, 02:32 PM
can someone post some pictures....I'm considering the makeup display????

ariesblu
07-29-14, 02:32 PM
I can't see the dress clearly and haven't opened the game, but it may be the suggested as the butterfly effect (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67975-Fashion-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-25-April-2014&highlight=butterfly+dress). I'm not sure who suggested it. Also, we have that ring already in red. But I'll comment on the update when I get to my game.

Edit* The chaos of trying to do all this on a phone. :p

ariesblu
07-29-14, 02:38 PM
I can't see the dress clearly and haven't opened the game, but it may be the suggested butterfly effect. I'm not sure who suggested it. Also, we have that ring already in red. But I'll comment on the update when I get to my game.

melis007
07-29-14, 03:30 PM
can someone post some pictures....I'm considering the makeup display????

never mind they finally updated blog....I am no longer considering the makeup display....definatly looks like a arcade game as someone above stated....

happyviolet
07-29-14, 03:36 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/353d307caafcb1daa53b6ccf66b53f0f/tumblr_inline_n9hr75daMn1qm7yoc.png

It's a blast from the past! For this week only, we?ll be bringing back some of your favorite limited-time items! Begin your journey with a trip to Japan and enjoy traditional entertainment with a Geisha Performance in Fashion Story!

Make haste to collect these other re-released items:

Denim Display
Royal Throne
Treadmill

from http://blog.teamlava.com/post/93246562855/new-content-for-july-29-august-1-2014

jojopeanut
07-29-14, 03:57 PM
WOW that is a small MU counter. I'm just wondering if they might release more this week sense the rest they've done before. I'm hoping anyway. It would be nice although the tread mill I don't think they released before not that I want it anyway, or the chairs. But happy they decided to do this. Maybe we get lucky with some other items later in the week.

jojopeanut
07-29-14, 03:59 PM
Oh really!!! Oh my gosh!! that was my suggestion I haven't looked at the catalog closely. Yippie yes the heart glasses was part of it and the dress. Let me go find the thread :)

Fashion Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 6th April 2014

I can't believe it!!!! A suggestion of mine made it in the game.

JustKay
07-29-14, 04:00 PM
never mind they finally updated blog....I am no longer considering the makeup display....definatly looks like a arcade game as someone above stated....

Lol, was thinking the same thing! Or a mission control command unit. Where's the curves, and the colour. It looks like something from the 80s. Love the other stuff though. You can't win on everything :D

jojopeanut
07-29-14, 04:07 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/WEBPAGE_20140410_222537.jpg (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/WEBPAGE_20140410_222537.jpg.html)

They substituted the Hat with the ring sense we already have a black floopy hat makes sense. I'm over the moon!! I can't believe one of my suggestions made it.. LOL

JustKay
07-29-14, 04:08 PM
I am sooooo happy this morning. This is the best surprise ever.

I just remodelled one of my Android games (id: KayJust) into a Japanese garden backing on to a geisha teahouse, and this Geisha Performance display is the key thing I was missing! I just need the Kimono Display LTO to come back and I will be able to complete my dream Okiya (still working on the expansions and the Japanese chest)!

Then I saw the treadmills. I totally missed these before and they are perfect for my Fashion First gym (id: zzGoldMine2). I got two! Might get more if I can make room.

Only thing missing is something for my main game (id: JustKay) which is a beach theme with a day to night transition. There's already been a lot of beach love this year and I loved the Festival Fashion picnic display so it's good for now.

Thank you TL for re-releasing such beautiful pieces! I am sooo happppppy right now, I could dance to Pharrell Williams right now! :D

JustKay
07-29-14, 04:17 PM
I hate having more than 49 gems because of the trap, even though I have never gotten trapped, I want to avoid it.

I worked out a way to avoid the trap. You know the gifts that you get, if you leave enough of them in your catalogue, you can push the 49 gems option off to the next page. This way you have to swipe then tap to accidentally hit it. Depending on if you have one or two extra order slots you leave a matching amount of gift in your catalogue (don't put them on tables or racks). I haven't hit this trap again. I made the mistake 3 times (two when it was still 24, and then one more when I came back from a long haitus accidentally put the all my stocked up gifts out onto tables\racks and then bam hit the traps straight away).

ariesblu
07-29-14, 04:31 PM
They substituted the Hat with the ring sense we already have a black floopy hat makes sense. I'm over the moon!! I can't believe one of my suggestions made it.. LOL
Congrats!

dalula
07-29-14, 04:34 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/WEBPAGE_20140410_222537.jpg (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/WEBPAGE_20140410_222537.jpg.html)

Congratulations! I knew the outfit looked familiar. I just couldn't remember who suggested it. :P
Yeah, thinking about it more, I realized just how tiny that makeup counter is. I pulled it up next to my Glamour Display and it looked ridiculous next to the models. XD

angelmama24
07-29-14, 04:36 PM
Boring displays, boring colorless catalogue. Every week this game is getting worse.

Agreed

angelmama24
07-29-14, 04:40 PM
Oh really!!! Oh my gosh!! that was my suggestion I haven't looked at the catalog closely. Yippie yes the heart glasses was part of it and the dress. Let me go find the thread :)

Fashion Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 6th April 2014

I can't believe it!!!! A suggestion of mine made it in the game.

Congrats Jojo. I'm not a big fan of the dress, but I know many others like it. I got my jumpsuit, so I'm not complaining.

CuteTali
07-30-14, 12:06 AM
What a surprise! Thanks for giving us a small summer sale to make up for the lack of goals/cheap LTO's lately. I just wish they would've brought back the Afternoon Picnic display, it's so perfect for spring/summer/fall.

The catalogue I remember from a suggestion a member made, not surprised to see they got Lady Gaga copied again, they really like pop stars' fashion. Was hoping for resort-wear of some sort, but the glasses being for a decent coin price make up for it. We do need more sunglasses and this one is a nice addition.

cakebaby75
07-30-14, 12:27 AM

Congratulations jojopeanut. I loved the dress when you suggested it and it looks great in game. One of my favourite outfits in weeks :)

minidemon88
07-30-14, 04:04 AM
I've lost count on how many times the Denim Display is been repeated throughout the LTO sales. Though I was kinda surprised when I saw the sales, the makeup display is indeed something new and I've never seen it before. So I did a searched and here's what I found (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?19584-The-moment-you-wake-up&highlight=makeup+display). O_o It's from a past teaser dated back in 2011 and was never release until now. Wow! You know I was quite afraid that this is a glitch so I immediately went and bought it. Although it's small but I like how it goes so well with the makeup counter. :D Hopefully they will bring back the Perfume Display and the Lotion Display.

@ jojopeanut: Congrats! The dress is pretty and I love the heart shaped glasses! Too bad, the dress cost gems in closet. :(

andromedablack
07-30-14, 05:01 AM
I hope we'll get more displays offered during the week. Also I wish they offered some avatar items too.

tropitech4575
07-30-14, 05:38 AM

CONGRATULATIONS JOJO! Gorgeous. I love it and I'm thrilled for you xx

angelmama24
07-30-14, 07:46 AM
What a surprise! Thanks for giving us a small summer sale to make up for the lack of goals/cheap LTO's lately. I just wish they would've brought back the Afternoon Picnic display, it's so perfect for spring/summer/fall.

The catalogue I remember from a suggestion a member made, not surprised to see they got Lady Gaga copied again, they really like pop stars' fashion. Was hoping for resort-wear of some sort, but the glasses being for a decent coin price make up for it. We do need more sunglasses and this one is a nice addition.

Oh, the afternoon picnic display. I covet it every time I see it in a neighbor's shop. It seems that a lot of us already have most of the displays offered in this update (save the mini makeup counter). Maybe most of the TL peeps are on vacation this week.

BTW, does anyone know the relative size of the makeup counter compared to the lipstick stand? Thanks. :)

orleansparish
07-30-14, 07:47 AM
I can't believe how tiny that makeup counter is! 28 gems for something that looks like something my 6 year old could sit at to play dress up. Either ways, it'll still look decent I hope, on both sides of my perfume counter. I'll find a way to mix it up, don't like passing up on items like this. It would be nice if we could get the garden display. Why must I still stare at it when visiting someone's shop? Just give it to us again, already! I'd buy four of them for three shops I have.

cakebaby75
07-30-14, 08:31 AM
Oh, the afternoon picnic display. I covet it every time I see it in a neighbor's shop. It seems that a lot of us already have most of the displays offered in this update (save the mini makeup counter). Maybe most of the TL peeps are on vacation this week.

BTW, does anyone know the relative size of the makeup counter compared to the lipstick stand? Thanks. :)

angelmama24 - I agree, when I see the afternoon picnic display I'm always so jealous, it's lovely. Also the croquet girls display and infact some of the Autumn displays from last year! I wish they had bought some of these back and I would have splurged all my gems! I'm already planning an Autumn redecoration once September comes!

minidemon88
07-30-14, 11:33 AM

You mean the makeup display? It's two squares big. I think the lipstick stand is about one square big only. :)

And I've to agree with the comments about how small the makeup display is. The diamond ring display is even bigger than the makeup display. Lol! You know it will be perfect if it's 2x2 squares big, just like the size of the makeup counters. That will be so awesome!

angelmama24
07-30-14, 07:05 PM
You mean the makeup display? It's two squares big. I think the lipstick stand is about one square big only. :)

And I've to agree with the comments about how small the makeup display is. The diamond ring display is even bigger than the makeup display. Lol! You know it will be perfect if it's 2x2 squares big, just like the size of the makeup counters. That will be so awesome!

Yes, the makeup display. Thanks. I was thinking that the lipstick stand and makeup display might look OK next to one another.

aiyoosha
07-30-14, 08:25 PM
why when they bring back old lto's they never do the big beautiful displays. like it wouldnt **** them to bring back the aquarius fountain, people have been asking for that back since 2011 and they never brought it back. why do they keep offering the same ones over and over again like the denim display and the professionally posh ones.

marrrina
07-31-14, 07:24 AM

I've really enjoyed the catalogs as of late, but this week's is one big fashion faux pas. Heart glasses, floral rings, and a floor-length dress covered in butterflies?

jewelfang
07-31-14, 10:17 AM
I've really enjoyed the catalogs as of late, but this week's is one big fashion faux pas. Heart glasses, floral rings, and a floor-length dress covered in butterflies?
That is why this one is in the "runway" section. It isn't meant to be worn in any normal situation. It is a piece of runway art.

Bellamiux
08-01-14, 12:23 AM
Wanting the geisha display but no gem sale :( your loss TL lol

Rose_00
08-05-14, 06:32 AM
angelmama24 - I agree, when I see the afternoon picnic display I'm always so jealous, it's lovely. Also the croquet girls display and infact some of the Autumn displays from last year! I wish they had bought some of these back and I would have splurged all my gems! I'm already planning an Autumn redecoration once September comes!

The croquet display is a 2nd place prize from the "in bloom" chest

Zee_Zatara
08-05-14, 09:05 AM
why when they bring back old lto's they never do the big beautiful displays. like it wouldnt **** them to bring back the aquarius fountain, people have been asking for that back since 2011 and they never brought it back. why do they keep offering the same ones over and over again like the denim display and the professionally posh ones.

I have to agree. They always seem to bring back the same old displays, over and over again. I've lost count of how often the denim display, professionally posh, and butterfly displays have been re-offered. Hey TL, please consider bringing back some of the prettier displays that you've never brought back before. You would make more money and have happier players. It's a win-win.