PDA

View Full Version : Fish Market

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 04:54 AM
I know a few people think the building is a waste of gems, but I wondered what fish does it drop all 3 types? Does it produce a storyline, and coins too?

vizbiz11
07-27-14, 06:29 AM
Yes, the fish market drops all 3 types of fish. Just not necessarily at the same time. It will (rarely) give a fish-based dish as I recall, but I hardly ever collect from that building so I can't even remember what it was. Catfish soup maybe? There's no storyline to go with it and the coin drops are very, very, very low. Did I mention low coin drops? 15 coins was my last haul. LOL

Buy it if you like the way it looks or if you're the type who likes to have 1 of every building. Otherwise skip it. You can get all the fish varieties you need from ponds and wells.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 06:57 AM
Yes but I'm currently at the stage where an extra source of everything would be good 'one more' is my favourite phrase at the moment.

zenobia42
07-27-14, 08:27 AM
Yes, vizbiz, I believe it's Catfish Soup that it sometimes drops.

However, PurpleScorpion, it only drops 2 fish items per 4 hours. And you have to pay 50 fish as part of the construction cost. So if you need more fish, you can build a fish market, but to build it will cost you the fish you do have. Just in regular fish alone assuming you get 2 of them a day, it'll take nearly a month to recoup your fish investment. However if it's catfish and butterfish you need, and you have the gems to spare and already have 2 Wizard Schools and other things that are really worth the gems they cost, why not.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 10:11 AM
Ok ta. Thanks for the info.

Gabi2111
07-27-14, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I got baked fish from it once too. Rarely collect from mine and have it most times in storage.

I tend to need water and mermaid scales quite a bit, and by collecting from ponds I collect enough fish already. Catfish and butterfish are mist of the times maxed. Personally I think there are more useful buildings to spend coins on

maguar
07-27-14, 02:56 PM
I've gotten all three fish, the catfish soup, the baked butterfish. I'm pretty certain I also got breaded fish and a mercury feast at some stage.

gunnysmum
07-27-14, 03:11 PM
I know a few people think the building is a waste of gems, but I wondered what fish does it drop all 3 types? Does it produce a storyline, and coins too?

I am sorry I bought it! I just put it in storage. Have enough from ponds and wells.

stygimoloch
09-30-14, 09:41 PM
I am sorry I bought it! I just put it in storage. Have enough from ponds and wells.

I've bought two, and I use them both. It saves energy vs. collecting from ponds and wells. And I go through a lot of regular fish (doing the Meat trade, since I need a lot of expansion permits).

In fact I'd buy a third, but it is no longer offered for sale -- at least I can't find it in the market any more.

jbfps116
10-01-14, 08:25 PM
I didn't know about the knowledge shard to upgrade wells, and bought the fish market a few days prior to getting the shard, but I still like how it looks and instead of having lots of ponds for fish, this building gives me plenty.