PDA

View Full Version : Dead tree

mcsyndrome
07-26-14, 09:36 AM
I've always been put off by the energy expenditure needed to grow trees to chop for wood, but recently realized that I can buy dead trees and chop them immediately without having to tend to them first (they drop mushrooms and glimmerdust as well, which are both useful resources). It's slightly more expensive in terms of the gold to wood ratio, but I'm happy to spend the gold if it means saving on energy. I just can't believe it took me until level 40 to find this out! :rolleyes:

Does anyone else chop dead trees as their primary source of wood?

vednir
07-26-14, 09:43 AM
Also use dead logs for petals.

reliquary
07-26-14, 09:59 AM
I recently bought the fortune teller tent and am on an early fortune"the LipPuckering fortune" you get fruits from every chop of a dead tree.
As long as one doesn't compleatly chop down one.....the gifts keep on giving��

I'm busting out the apple pies lemonades and orange cobblers like a crazy person....almost maxed.

So yeah, I have tons of wood (no sap:( and have about 40 of them in the southern "deadwood forest" area of my game board at any given moment.....and still selling them off after 4 chops to make room for more.

I'll never run out of mushrooms or glimmers tho��.... As for the sap problem��

roguebee
07-26-14, 10:49 AM
I've set aside one expansion square just for dead trees. Nice to have around when I have some spare energy and need the lumber.

EBJW
07-26-14, 11:14 AM
I just can't believe it took me until level 40 to find this out! :rolleyes:

I'm level 50 for a while now, and didn't realise this.... LOL! Very good to know!

tigarlilyvol
07-26-14, 06:39 PM
Yes dead trees are my wood of choice, I keep them around the Kaz's kingdom and Greselda's castle all the spooky looking parts.

zenobia42
07-26-14, 07:31 PM
I tend to need sap as well when I need wood, so I only buy dead trees if for some reason I don't need sap. Which is rare. But totally happens - like, when I've just finished a bunch of super glues and need to make builder's pastes out of them all - that still requires sap, but moreso a LOT of wood. An example of how a lot of sap is required for most things that need wood: 1 ornate beam plus 1 magic cement requires a total of 160 wood... and 178 sap. (Working on building the Faerie Respite, so I have intimate knowledge of what is needed for that stuff lol).

tigarlilyvol
07-26-14, 07:53 PM
I got the maple trees to help on sap and if I really needed sap got the sap trees you chop.

EBJW
07-26-14, 10:06 PM
Yes dead trees are my wood of choice, I keep them around the Kaz's kingdom and Greselda's castle all the spooky looking parts.

Ha, me too :)
I've got my kingdom a bit divided in area's, and have a spooky area as well: I have the troll pitt surrounded by dead trees and mushrooms, and sap trees.

I've invited you, I am curious about yours :o

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 02:36 AM
Ha, me too :)
I've got my kingdom a bit divided in area's, and have a spooky area as well: I have the troll pitt surrounded by dead trees and mushrooms, and sap trees.

I've invited you, I am curious about yours :o

I'm just as intrigued so invited you too!

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 04:58 AM
I do t remember anything dropping the last time I chipped dead wood other than wood. :(

roguebee
07-27-14, 07:20 AM
I tend to collect glimmerdust and mushrooms each time I chop down a dead tree.

mcsyndrome
07-27-14, 12:48 PM
I recently bought the fortune teller tent and am on an early fortune"the LipPuckering fortune" you get fruits from every chop of a dead tree.
As long as one doesn't compleatly chop down one.....the gifts keep on giving��

I'm busting out the apple pies lemonades and orange cobblers like a crazy person....almost maxed.

Wow great to know! I never planned on getting the Fortune Teller's tent, but now I'm definitely reconsidering. Thanks for the tip!