PDA

View Full Version : Type Strengths and Weaknesses

JeannesThinkin
07-26-14, 04:50 AM
So, one of the earliest features you get in Fantasy Forest Story is The Battle Ground. Unfortunately, I am unable to record what you are up against the first 39 levels because I was in a frenzy to get to Level 10 and get 15 gold in Dragon Story... Anyways, here's what I learned.

Fire Attack is:
Strong against Nature
Weak against Fire, Rock, and Water
Strong against Nature Fire
Weak against Rock Fire, Rock Nature, and Water Nature

Nature Attack is:
Strong against Rock
Weak against Fire, Nature, and Water
Strong against Rock Nature and Water Rock
Weak against Nature Fire and Rock Fire

Rock Attack is:
Strong against Fire
Weak against Nature and Rock
Strong against Rock Fire
Weak against Nature Fire, Rock Nature, and Water Rock

Water Attack is:
Strong against Fire
Weak against Nature, Rock, and Water
Strong against Nature Fire and Rock Fire
Weak against Rock Nature, Water Nature, and Water Rock

The following is under construction.

Dark Attack is:
Weak against Dark
Weak against Water Rock, Nature Fire

Electric Attack is:
Weak against Dark
Weak against Nature Fire

Apparently, according to some people on another post, Dark is strong against Water Nature.

I think (Doesn't mean it's true) that the Crystal Unicorn (Legendary type) is strong toward every possible type/type combo.

If you have any more info, share it!
If I said any false info, tell me! :)

flowless
07-26-14, 05:01 AM
Thanx very helpful
Is level 120 is the last of the battleground ?

JeannesThinkin
07-27-14, 05:57 PM
Thanx very helpful
Is level 120 is the last of the battleground ?

I guess so. The achievements all end at tier five and Tier five of the battle achievement requires you to finish level 120.

cookiegel
07-27-14, 07:19 PM
Handy list, thanks!

I'm trying to beat the Crystal Unicorn - nothing seems to work so far, always Weak Attack. Has anyone managed to do this yet? I'm wondering if I have to pit another Crystal Unicorn against it to beat it.

ahoymccoy
07-27-14, 09:45 PM
I'm wondering about how to beat the Magmacore around level 35 or 34. It's really difficult. I've pitted Solar Simians and Bamboons against it and it's still not defeated. Do I have to pit another Magmacore against it in order to win?

xellosspoo
07-27-14, 10:10 PM
I beat the animals just using the basic animals. (I'm now upto 90.) Just keep trying. Some of them take a few tries.

ahoymccoy
07-28-14, 04:40 PM
@xellosspoo - Thank you; I pitted Mesa, my Bamboon, against the Magmacore again and I was successful. Your advice is appreciated.

SANDSCApe
07-28-14, 05:02 PM
I'm wondering about how to beat the Magmacore around level 35 or 34. It's really difficult. I've pitted Solar Simians and Bamboons against it and it's still not defeated. Do I have to pit another Magmacore against it in order to win?

I just beat the Magmacore-10 on Level 105 using Nature attacks from my AncientSloth-9.
Nature or Water attacks are best against him. Since he's a super-rare, you're more likely to knock him out with a super-rare of your own, but persistence with rare or even common fighters may get the job done.

Of course I didn't have a Sloth for battles below level 40, but I can't remember what I used. I had all commons and probably kicked Magmacore's butt with my HyroPony-10. She fought most of the battles at those levels.

ahoymccoy
07-28-14, 05:09 PM
@SANDSCape - I finally beat that level! Thank you for your advice - I used my Pyropony for some of the first levels, but eventually, I had to use him for breeding other animals a lot and since I somehow got a couple rares I used them instead. Currently, I'm trying to beat Level 40 and then get myself up to Level 13 so I can mooch gold off of Rex from DS.

my607
07-29-14, 05:50 AM
I just beat the crystal unicorn using rainguin level 9. I used all different animals and finally it worked. Good luck

my607
07-29-14, 05:56 AM
I mean rainguin (9) beating unicorn at level 115

ahoymccoy
07-29-14, 06:47 PM
How do you beat water nature animals?

Edit: I think that Rock might be the best option for beating water nature animals.

danni7788
07-29-14, 09:07 PM

Edit: I think that Rock might be the best option for beating water nature animals.

I've had success with plain fire and I think fire/rock but it might have just been luck and those are my high level ones

hansmolln
07-29-14, 09:49 PM

I used the following winning combinations:

Level 60
Aquatter (water/nature)
Used L10 Iciclaw with Earth

Level 63
Turtisle (water/nature)
Used L10 Solar Simian with Fire (after failing with the Iciclaw with Earth; so I also needed some luck)

hugpete
07-29-14, 10:19 PM

Rock is working well for me!

jiricekc
07-30-14, 06:17 AM
I just beat the crystal unicorn using rainguin level 9. I used all different animals and finally it worked. Good luck

I smashed it at first attempt with pyropony lvl10. One hit and he was done. Kinda disappointing...

sehana
08-01-14, 01:30 PM
I completed the Battlegrounds tracker just now... it's ready to record. :)

http://supremedynasty.com/pix/fantastyforest_icon_battle_rs150.png (http://bit.ly/1ncbyIt)

Fantasty Forest Inventory, Chart, Spreadsheet, Egg Chart (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71505-Fantasty-Forest-Inventory-Chart-Spreadsheet-Egg-Chart)

JeannesThinkin
08-01-14, 06:55 PM
I completed the Battlegrounds tracker just now... it's ready to record. :)

http://supremedynasty.com/pix/fantastyforest_icon_battle_rs150.png (http://bit.ly/1ncbyIt)

Fantasty Forest Inventory, Chart, Spreadsheet, Egg Chart (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71505-Fantasty-Forest-Inventory-Chart-Spreadsheet-Egg-Chart)

Wow Sehana, you never cease to amaze me with your websites. But can you post a non-bit.ly link, it's hard for people in China to access it... D:

vlc43
08-06-14, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know how to beat level 120 in battlefield? Hydro Yak?

valixy
08-06-14, 03:22 PM
As a visual learner if I could get a chart/diagram/picture of some sort for this I would love you forever. ;~;

sugarland2010
08-09-14, 11:27 AM

The Magmacore can be beat by Rainquin at a level 10 for battleground 113 or 114. Lower levels can be beat with Frostfang at level 10.

sugarland2010
08-09-14, 11:32 AM
If anyone is having trouble with the crystal unicorn at battleground level 115, I used a Solar Simian at level 14. I used nature attack twice, first was weak second was a critical hit. Hope this helps:)

farmerted7
08-10-14, 06:24 PM
If anyone is having trouble with the crystal unicorn at battleground level 115, I used a Solar Simian at level 14. I used nature attack twice, first was weak second was a critical hit. Hope this helps:)

Thank you!!! Based on this, I used my level 11 solar simian to try to take down level 10 crystal at battleground 115. It worked!!

LivyAnne13
08-13-14, 04:58 PM
Oh thank you much!:o

kittkat114
08-29-14, 06:20 PM
Has anyone figured out the best for Dark and Electric? I know they're new, but Skyger is pretty early in the third tournament and I bet Electric will be here too.

kittkat114
08-29-14, 06:31 PM
Hmm...tried Aquatter and only got weak attacks on both types. Tried Armordillo and got critical and strong hits with fire, weak with rock. Guess that answers that. :)

JeannesThinkin
08-30-14, 07:54 AM
Has anyone figured out the best for Dark and Electric? I know they're new, but Skyger is pretty early in the third tournament and I bet Electric will be here too.

... Forgot to use my Skyger. i just unlocked the Electric, and research shall start... In 20 minutes or 10 minutes...

MelodicStars
08-30-14, 08:32 AM
Fire is strong against dark ;)
Not sure about electric but I think you should try earth.

rx_mama
08-30-14, 08:41 AM
Electric is strong against water, weak against fire.

Anyuszko
08-31-14, 09:49 AM
Dark is very good against Crystal (gem).

On level 70 there is an emerald dragon, on level 75 there is a Crystal unicorn. Use dark hybrids.

Edit: and on lvl 79 :)

my607
08-31-14, 04:54 PM
Dark isn't good for the unicorn at least not for me. It says strong attack but in the end I lose using dark .

Artenyx
08-31-14, 09:24 PM
honestly, i have no idea what the point of having strong/weak attacks is if they both do about the same damage -.-" and all the more negligible when you get a critical hit... they might as well get rid of the whole feature because as far as i can see, it doesn't make any difference lmao. this thread is kind of pointless.

zenobia42
08-31-14, 10:01 PM
honestly, i have no idea what the point of having strong/weak attacks is if they both do about the same damage -.-" and all the more negligible when you get a critical hit... they might as well get rid of the whole feature because as far as i can see, it doesn't make any difference lmao. this thread is kind of pointless.

Totally agree. In my experience, whether your attack is labeled strong or weak, does not matter one iota. The ONLY thing that has mattered in my arena experience is getting a critical hit. Get one, you win. Don't get one, you lose. Period.

kita_drisk
09-04-14, 11:36 AM
For the most part, I've noticed the type does not matter. However, there was one type where it did matter. I think it was the rock/water, where my lvl 15 creature wins with 4 hits every time.

MelodicStars
09-06-14, 08:55 AM
For the most part, I've noticed the type does not matter. However, there was one type where it did matter. I think it was the rock/water, where my lvl 15 creature wins with 4 hits every time.

With people saying how you NEED at least one critical hit to be guaranteed a victory at a level(which is true), I think TL made levels where you can easily beat it with four hits just so it doesn't seem like the battlegrounds can only be won with luck or gems.

I agree with the whole "strong or weak attacks don't matter" since that is also true.

hugpete
09-17-14, 12:56 AM

In my experience, if my fighter has strong attacks and loses, there's still a chance for her/him to win when fighting that opponent again. If my fighter has weak attacks, there's no hope at all of winning against that particular opponent.

sharadjain222
09-21-14, 12:28 AM

Thanks a ton for your advice. It sure helped and i defeatedcrystal unicorn level 14 with rainguin level 10 :) :)

SANDSCApe
09-21-14, 02:59 AM
If you're still thinking that weak or strong elements don't matter;
if you're still thinking that Critical Hit is the only way you can win without gems;
if you're still thinking that the ratings of "Weak Attack" or "Strong Attack" are meaningless;
if you're still thinking the whole battle system is completely random;
if you're still thinking it matters which of the two blue attack buttons you use;
if you're still thinking there's no strategy for success...

... you really, REALLY need to read my posts on the Making Sense of the Battlegrounds thread.

Splashy81
09-26-14, 07:01 PM
Great info in this post! It's been helpful with battles! Can we get/add some more info about lightning & gem creatures (using them & battling against them)!!?

jsburas
09-30-14, 05:13 PM
Having trouble beating level 34-the Spuce Moose. Any tips?

SANDSCApe
09-30-14, 05:37 PM
Having trouble beating level 34-the Spuce Moose. Any tips?

Dark-Nature is best tackled with Electric-Fire, Dark-Fire, or Nature-Fire. If you don't have a super or rare among those types, the super Earth-Fire may manage, but with lower chances.

pastagirl54
10-08-14, 08:07 PM
SANDSCApe

I can't find your Making Sense of the Battlegrounds thread.
Would love to access it.
Is it in the Game Guides here ... or somewhere else???

patriziaf
10-24-14, 04:08 AM
Somebody could do an updated version of this, with all the electric and dark combinations? For example: how can I beat electric-rock?

arikatu
10-24-14, 12:06 PM
Somebody could do an updated version of this, with all the electric and dark combinations? For example: how can I beat electric-rock?

SANDSCApe already has: you can find it in the Arboar Tournament (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74389-Tournament-10-23-14-Arboar&p=987472&viewfull=1#post987472) thread.

121AngelA
11-13-14, 06:57 PM
Just beat Dark Water using Fire, critical hit first time

cath0138
03-08-15, 06:33 AM
What animal is strong against the Chamenon?

immoras
03-18-15, 09:31 PM
I wonder if this is still useful since I replyed so late but I just found out that dark is strong against lengendary when I tried to **** the unicorn with my twilight troll and it would have worked if the troll gave me a critical hit. Hope this helps!

OakdaleGuy
10-22-15, 08:30 PM
Dark is very good against Crystal (gem).

On level 70 there is an emerald dragon, on level 75 there is a Crystal unicorn. Use dark hybrids.

Edit: and on lvl 79 :)

My God thank you I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to beat that unicorn. If it wouldn't be considered really weird I would kiss you right now

litabelaqua
07-19-16, 11:49 AM
Skyger (dark) is strong against Crystal Unicorn

CocoMom101
11-30-16, 10:01 PM
I don't know where the best place is for this comment but here goes.

When I'm in a battle I decide who I will choose to go up against the enemy with the following rules:

1) Look at the first (or only) "type" of the combatant
2) Choose your fighter based on these rules of thumb(using loose scientific principals is the way I remember them). Choose your fighter with the highest rarity/level available to you with the rarity of your animal being more important than the level.
a) for a water enemy use an electric animal(an electrical current will un-combine the water molecule)
b) for an electric enemy use an earth animal(earth grounds electricity and makes it harmless)
c) for a nature enemy use fire(fire destroys nature)
d) for an earth enemy use nature(plants break up rocks with their roots)
e) for a dark enemy use fire(fire dispels the darkness)
f) for a gem enemy use dark(a gem cannot sparkle in the darkness)
g) for a fire enemy use water(water extinguishes fire)
3) Then check that the combatants secondary element isn't something that will counter your chosen attack. For example if you are facing a water/earth animal you would choose electric based on the rules of 2). But, the secondary earth element would negate your electric attack so in this case your should choose your fighter according to the secondary element of your enemy and choose nature instead.
4) If the enemy has a first element that does not fall into the categories in 2) use same principals with it's secondary element(if it has one).
5) If the enemy has a only a very rare element(not listed here) use your highest rarity/highest level animal of any category.

The first three rules should cover about 99% of the battles you will encounter.

I have found that winning a battle is mostly chance. In order to win you "must" get a Critical Hit. The chances of getting a critical hit are increased if you choose the right element to fight with and choose the highest rarity and level of animal with that element. But, since the battles are based on chance, you "can" get a Critical Hit using a Neutral Attack (nothing flashes when you use a neutral attack) and even a Weak Attack, although the chance is greatly reduced. If you choose an animal that does not give you a "Strong Attack" with one of it's elements try the other element on your next turn. Even with three "Strong Attack"s you can still lose the battle - and often do. Just keep making good picks based on the rules given and you should(eventually - maybe) win against a difficult opponent.

I hope this helps. Remembering the "loose science" rules can improve your confidence in choosing fighters for the battles and save the time needed to consult battle charts for every battle.