PDA

View Full Version : Miss monster story :'(

Tango_K
07-26-14, 03:21 AM
Hope this can be a replacement for monsterstory, its so fun but they just give up on it.

JustKay
07-26-14, 07:45 PM
Yes, me too. I had every monster up to epic on Monster story before they ended it. At least I can still visit my main island from my Android game (although I don't actively play the android game). That and I had my gold moved from MS to DS :D

igames4me
07-26-14, 09:56 PM
Yes, me too. I had every monster up to epic on Monster story before they ended it. At least I can still visit my main island from my Android game (although I don't actively play the android game). That and I had my gold moved from MS to DS :D

What? You could do that transfer gold from monster story to dragon story?

FigmentValley
07-27-14, 11:22 AM
I had every monster at epic also. After such a long period of nothing, I deleted it. Unfortunately, because I deleted it, I did not get to transfer all my gold from MonsterStory to dragonstory. Oh, well.

This appears to be a bit "cutsier" MonsterStory with the very strange battle thingy included.... Odd. I really was not fond of many of the monsters, but these big-eyed creatures are pretty nauseating.

myndisue
07-27-14, 03:03 PM

No, they gave you compensation on a different game since Monster wasn't going to be available anymore.

sehana
07-28-14, 05:16 PM
I now wonder what was wrong with Monster Story since Fantasy Forest is practically Monster Story with the mixing of names and such :)
But FForest is growing on me. I wonder if the Battle thing is a Bi-Monthly thing??

asyran2012
07-28-14, 06:30 PM
I definitely miss Monster Story! Please bring it back! :)

JustKay
07-30-14, 11:24 PM

It wasn't an official option. I saw someone ask for it and get it on the forums so I sent a message to TL. The window was open just before they switched off the servers, and I had a good reason to get it. I had every monster leveled up to Epic (& maybe 3 diamonds) so I had zero items\eggs left to spend it on. I also earned most of it from installing TL apps so it sort of had a dollar value. I was pretty lucky since that happened around the time they released the gold producing dragons. It got me Stained Glass before it went limited and then that helped me earn the enough to buy Midas before it went limited again. Since then I've been setup pretty good :D

JustKay
07-30-14, 11:30 PM
No, they gave you compensation on a different game since Monster wasn't going to be available anymore.

Nope, this was a separate option. I did get the starter package they offered when they decomissioned a whole slew of games first (something like 150 gold or something), but then I got the full almost 1600 (might have even been 2000 cos I managed to breed a few diamonds) gold I had saved up moved across too. It was a massive payday and right now I still qualify for the starter pack specials.

JustKay
07-30-14, 11:32 PM
I definitely miss Monster Story! Please bring it back! :)

You can still play it on Android. I have an account I use to visit my old iOS game island.

JustKay
07-30-14, 11:39 PM
I now wonder what was wrong with Monster Story since Fantasy Forest is practically Monster Story with the mixing of names and such :)
But FForest is growing on me. I wonder if the Battle thing is a Bi-Monthly thing??

Fantasy Forest is way different. It's coming with all of the DS features already built in (World Events is still unconfirmed but likely to be in place). Back then both DS and MS were bare bones just breeding.

However, I do agree that it is like MS coming back from the dead in a bit of a second coming. I think the original reason they canned MS was because TL team were much smaller then so they were spreading their resources on two games and maybe not making enough from both (fewer egg releases and no special events). MS updates were at best once a month! They just couldn't support two games.

Now they have grown to have the capacity, and are now trying to grow the audience. DS has been trying to appeal to girls more recently (Flower dragons, more pink dragons) but I'm not sure how successful that's been. Fantasy Forest is obviously geared toward girls (gems like FS instead of gold, artsy style) so maybe it will complement DS's audience. Monster Story was too much like DS in art style to do this.

sehana
07-30-14, 11:59 PM
Fantasy Forest is way different. It's coming with all of the DS features already built in (World Events is still unconfirmed but likely to be in place). Back then both DS and MS were bare bones just breeding.

However, I do agree that it is like MS coming back from the dead in a bit of a second coming. I think the original reason they canned MS was because TL team were much smaller then so they were spreading their resources on two games and maybe not making enough from both (fewer egg releases and no special events). MS updates were at best once a month! They just couldn't support two games.

Now they have grown to have the capacity, and are now trying to grow the audience. DS has been trying to appeal to girls more recently (Flower dragons, more pink dragons) but I'm not sure how successful that's been. Fantasy Forest is obviously geared toward girls (gems like FS instead of gold, artsy style) so maybe it will complement DS's audience. Monster Story was too much like DS in art style to do this.

Ahh very good points!! Very valid reasons :)

Now that I see your points, FForest is very different from MS. I like how you stated that FForest is the renewal of MS with Dragon S. features :)

I do still have Monster S. on my Android device :p just for a more relaxed game play and not have to worry about 8 dragons that come out every week of which 6 of them are limited which I will never get :( --- LOL :D -- sorry I may be exaggerating a bit.... maybe :p

JustKay
08-02-14, 06:50 AM
LOL, I will agree with you that I miss the old days when Story life was simpler and slower. Now I'm playing four games at the same time and it seems like they're all crying for attention like newborn babies!