PDA

View Full Version : Where is the wall , where is the social spect of the game

flowless
07-25-14, 01:35 PM
Love this game
All team lava story games ( almost all 😁)
But that's largely due to the social aspect of the game
The wall
Global chat
Neighbor wall chat
What ever u call it

Can't Imagine my self playing this long without the social interaction
Cuz just inviting people doesn't do it for me
Let me know if iam missing something here

cocauina
07-25-14, 01:39 PM
Love this game
All team lava story games ( almost all ��)
But that's largely due to the social aspect of the game
The wall
Global chat
Neighbor wall chat
What ever u call it

Can't Imagine my self playing this long without the social interaction
Cuz just inviting people doesn't do it for me
Let me know if iam missing something here

Elsa;936497']The game doesn't have a wall by design. You can invite friends if you have their Storm8 ID or you can visit a Community member and use the Invite button to send a request.

Elsa already answer about the wall in other thread, that's what she said

flowless
07-25-14, 01:43 PM
�� do they realize that the success of the story game mostly due to the social aspect

cocauina
07-25-14, 01:50 PM
�� do they realize that the success of the story game mostly due to the social aspect

I think the wall is a very strong aspect in the game, players can interact with each other and that's very nice :)

LadyEna
07-25-14, 03:05 PM
I'd love to see this added! Would be nice to have a Sparkling Wall like we have in DS!
So we could help each other out.

CuteTali
07-25-14, 09:39 PM
I never read the wall on dragon story, petshop story and all the other collect type games, because they're kind of out of the way for me. I only read walls for fashion/bakery/restaurant/farm, because it's right there by the newsfeed, so I see it when I go looking at the feed. I can understand why they don't want any text in this new game. I think maybe it's made for kids, and if you're a parent, you would know very well why you don't want to enable freechat on your kids' games. I really like the invite button, it's so simple, no need to try and spell people's (sometimes complicated) usernames, which also makes me think maybe this is like a DS type version of the game made towards a younger audience. Nonetheless, it's pretty fun.

kindredfire
07-25-14, 11:34 PM
I have to agree as much as I really dig this game. Noting having a wall hurt my feelers.
That social interaction was one of the big selling points to stay and have family n friends join

mjauuuu
07-26-14, 09:45 AM
This game had a wall feature when it was first released. I wonder why they removed it...:confused:

JustKay
07-26-14, 07:48 PM
I think a lot of people get hassled on the wall and I've seen some pretty angry discussion on Fashion Story, which generally lead to abandoned stores. This game is obviously targeted toward's the fairer sex (gems, art style, cutesy creatures, etc) so maybe they are a bit worried the same thing will happen here.

I think if it made people happier versus making people unhappy, then there's a solid reason to sacrifice the former to avoid the latter.

flowless
07-26-14, 09:39 PM
But the wall serve a lot

For example if iam on holiday and don't wish my neighbors to delete me while iam gone

To discuses breeding tips and combo

Not everyone come to the forums

It like playing in silence , weird

Or at least give us a sticky note to post something like
Iam on holiday would be back ......
Only add people with 3 or 4 stars
Something like that

igames4me
07-26-14, 09:46 PM
I think they want more foroum members.

They are probably tired of the same of us posting and complaining

SANDSCApe
07-27-14, 07:18 AM
I for one am relieved to not have walls. I've long ago stopped checking my wall (and other people's walls) on other TL games because it's more of a nuisance than a source of information or meaningful communication.
You can still help your friends out and visit their forests, so it's not the total isolation of the Dragon Story Arctic Isles (LOL).
Since it's so easy to invite people (no need to type their S8 IDs or paste yours all over the place), it's really no big deal if a few neighbors delete you during an absence or for whatever reason. Invite them when you return or go find new ones!

Many advantages:
No droves of players plastering add-me messages to your wall.
No annoying posts that spam away comments you may have WANTED to read.
No pests begging you for gems, or nit-picking that you haven't returned favors promptly enough for them.
No more being the unwilling audience to petty drama, quarrels, poor language, or obscenity.

A couple disadvantages:
Can't share info on breeding, battles etc unless you do it outside the game. I can live with that.
No way to give verbal praise to another player. That said, please keep the visits and bonuses coming. LOL. Come to Satyr Santuary (Storm8 ID: SAND)

Paul__
07-27-14, 10:26 AM
The wall is what attracts people to the game . Most games it is hard to message. The wall is easy! I will give this game 1 more update or I quit. As this is the same THING is Dragon

Galadraal
07-27-14, 01:28 PM
I agree with sand and invited :-)

My problem with the game is it seems expensive and long wait times for breeding and hatching

danni7788
07-27-14, 02:45 PM
I wish there was a wall. I like chatting with friends through posts. If you check the game rules and FAQ in settings, it mentions a wall in the community section...

ahoymccoy
07-27-14, 03:58 PM
I know it's already been suggested, but I would really love it if Fantasy Forest Story had a wall like Dragon Story. I believe that the Story games are successful because they allow for socializing - although the "Invite" button is convenient, it makes for a lot of lonely nurturers. Fantasy Forest Story has the potential to become as profitable as Dragon Story, but only with the addition of a wall. Here are my suggestions:

Some players have suggested that the reason Fantasy Forest Story does not have a wall is because players of younger ages are its target demographic, and it is likely that parents wouldn't want their children participating in free chats. However, I believe TeamLava has the ability to restrict posting abilities based on a player's age. In accordance with COPPA laws, a player should be thirteen or older to post.

Another player has suggested that TeamLava isn't including a wall on Fantasy Forest Story because they want players to use the forums to communicate. Since TeamLava introduces players to new games through advertisement-related goals, there should be a few forum-related goals. Simple.

Those are some of my ideas. c: If anyone else has ideas about how Fantasy Forest Story could have a wall feature and address the concerns expressed by some users, post 'em here!

ahoymccoy
07-27-14, 04:06 PM
I think they should introduce a wall feature to Fantasy Forest Story.

iosbaby
07-27-14, 05:36 PM
I actually like being able to add nbrs through the invite feature instead of a wall! I just don't have time to scroll through all my wall posts on DS.

ahoymccoy
07-27-14, 09:17 PM
@iosbaby - Maybe the feature should be optional. It could be turned on or off by the settings.

flowless
07-28-14, 09:00 AM
I completely agree I said it before , it feels like playing in silence
do u think dragon story would have been a success if there was no social interactions

I love the addition for the invite bottom, the best new feature so far
but the wall serve more than to just add people

1-to discuses breeding and eggs
if I see an interesting egg I would like to ask my neighbors about it
many never visit the forums

2- to keep a note on the wall
ex: if I was traveling and not logging in for sometime
so I won't lose all the neighbors thinking I quit the game

3-keep the game interested , how many times did I want to quit dragon story if it wasn't for my neighbors
Am sure many felt the same in all story games at some point

4- there is lot of waiting in the game ( for breeding and hatching )
without the wall we would get bored

some said they prefer no wall due to some unfriendly visitors to the wall and they never check their walls
well solution is simple: don't look at the wall if it's not important to u and let others enjoy the feature
I did in restaurant story

bluefoxcrystal
07-28-14, 12:03 PM
I also wonder why the wall removal... It was a part of the game before this update. I understand the concerns (bullying/spamming etc...) but I like to chat with neighbors about things... Breeding combos, asking about eggs, and saying congrats! It's fine tho wall deletion takes waay to long sometimes (somes halfhour/45 min XP) that for me is a bonus for not having a wall!! :D

ballerinagirl9
07-28-14, 12:40 PM
Why do I feel like they took away the wall so that others "can't" help each other, hence no breeding walls (like I have in DS) or not helping walls. It kinda feels intentional

ballerinagirl9
07-28-14, 12:41 PM
I think the optional idea is great! That way people could choose to talk or not

ballerinagirl9
07-28-14, 12:44 PM
I for one am relieved to not have walls. I've long ago stopped checking my wall (and other people's walls) on other TL games because it's more of a nuisance than a source of information or meaningful communication.
You can still help your friends out and visit their forests, so it's not the total isolation of the Dragon Story Arctic Isles (LOL).
Since it's so easy to invite people (no need to type their S8 IDs or paste yours all over the place), it's really no big deal if a few neighbors delete you during an absence or for whatever reason. Invite them when you return or go find new ones!

Many advantages:
No droves of players plastering add-me messages to your wall.
No annoying posts that spam away comments you may have WANTED to read.
No pests begging you for gems, or nit-picking that you haven't returned favors promptly enough for them.
No more being the unwilling audience to petty drama, quarrels, poor language, or obscenity.

A couple disadvantages:
Can't share info on breeding, battles etc unless you do it outside the game. I can live with that.
No way to give verbal praise to another player. That said, please keep the visits and bonuses coming. LOL. Come to Satyr Santuary (Storm8 ID: SAND)

i agree on the inviting part, and that would be great to keep the invite part like they have it but also to add the wall as an optional feature to turn on or off so others can make sure they don't miss visitors and we can help each other out with how we got certain eggs. The invite part is nice tho, so we don't have to keep up with Stormids

ballerinagirl9
07-28-14, 12:46 PM
But the wall serve a lot

For example if iam on holiday and don't wish my neighbors to delete me while iam gone

To discuses breeding tips and combo

Not everyone come to the forums

It like playing in silence , weird

Or at least give us a sticky note to post something like
Iam on holiday would be back ......
Only add people with 3 or 4 stars
Something like that

Thats another great point you have, if we take vacay, get sick etc. the wall allows us to notify each other. I just really get the feeling the wall has been removed for many reasons, like tips, tricks, etc

chalupa2030
07-28-14, 12:54 PM
Why do I feel like they took away the wall so that others "can't" help each other, hence no breeding walls (like I have in DS) or not helping walls. It kinda feels intentional

Let's not get paranoid! Tell me ~ what does "running the breeding wall" mean?

flowless
07-28-14, 01:03 PM
Thats another great point you have, if we take vacay, get sick etc. the wall allows us to notify each other. I just really get the feeling the wall has been removed for many reasons, like tips, tricks, etc

Which ever reason they have to remove it
Is gonna harm the game in the long run
Cuz it can get really boring with the breeding hours and waiting
Neighbors makes the game interesting

ahoymccoy
07-28-14, 04:17 PM
@flowless - I agree. Why are the breeding times so much longer on FFS than DS?

ahoymccoy
07-28-14, 04:48 PM
I mentioned on the other thread that the wall could be an optional feature controlled by the settings - you could be able to turn it on or off. I agree that the wall has many other uses. I frequently ask my neighbors on DS about eggs they're hatching so that if I have the same one in my nest I know what to expect. (And, is it just me, or are the breeding times on FFS super long?)

The unfriendly visitors dilemma is one that is harder to solve. Perhaps Storm8 could have moderators searching for unfriendly posts? This does seem unrealistic, however, as there are probably too many FFS players to keep tabs on at once.

danni7788
07-28-14, 06:27 PM
@flowless - I agree. Why are the breeding times so much longer on FFS than DS?

I actually really like the breeding times. So far, commons take fewer hours than rares and super rares take the longest, which I think is a great idea. I also love that evolving times are way faster!!

Personally way better than 24 hour sunrise, 20 hour island, and 21 hour poison fails over and over!!

PawPrincess
07-29-14, 01:43 AM
I have over 130 neighbors which is way to many. I need a way to communicate with other players! Very Frustrated with you Team Lava!!! By the way I do play several of your games and have spent a small fortune on your games! You can at least give me/us a Wall!!!!!

PawPrincess
07-29-14, 01:53 AM
I completely agree I said it before , it feels like playing in silence
do u think dragon story would have been a success if there was no social interactions

I love the addition for the invite bottom, the best new feature so far
but the wall serve more than to just add people

1-to discuses breeding and eggs
if I see an interesting egg I would like to ask my neighbors about it
many never visit the forums

2- to keep a note on the wall
ex: if I was traveling and not logging in for sometime
so I won't lose all the neighbors thinking I quit the game

3-keep the game interested , how many times did I want to quit dragon story if it wasn't for my neighbors
Am sure many felt the same in all story games at some point

4- there is lot of waiting in the game ( for breeding and hatching )
without the wall we would get bored

some said they prefer no wall due to some unfriendly visitors to the wall and they never check their walls
well solution is simple: don't look at the wall if it's not important to u and let others enjoy the feature
I did in restaurant story

I do not believe any of Team Lava's Story Games would be the success they are if they didn't have a WALL.

The "Invite" Button is fine, but at least give user/players the option to turn it off like you did in Farm Story 2.

PawPrincess
07-29-14, 01:59 AM
I know in Restaurant & Bakery Stories that is the only way some people "Tip" from their Wall. The "news feeds" are limited so a Wall is extremely important. Fantasy Story Needs a Wall.

PawPrincess
07-29-14, 08:51 AM
I agree about the long wait for breeding and hatching. I am having problems getting a Rampage, Aquatter and Grassquatch even though I follow the instruction of what to breed to get these. This is very frustrating, but I'm not surprised as I have these same issues with Dragon Story.

I wonder if Team Lava are reading any of our post?

:(:(:(

kooky panda
07-29-14, 10:35 AM
Merging the Wall threads together.

sweetypies97
07-31-14, 03:30 PM
I'm going to speak up for the minority - I love not having a wall. It puts the focus on the game itself rather than getting a billion people tell you that you're full and that they won't tip you back if you don't write on their wall. It takes the pressure off and makes it so much quicker!

I also LOVE that the stars go immediately to your social rating, you don't have to collect them when they drop to the ground like in BS and RS.

hansmolln
08-01-14, 12:34 AM
I'm going to speak up for the minority - I love not having a wall. It puts the focus on the game itself rather than getting a billion people tell you that you're full and that they won't tip you back if you don't write on their wall. It takes the pressure off and makes it so much quicker!

I also LOVE that the stars go immediately to your social rating, you don't have to collect them when they drop to the ground like in BS and RS.

I agree! I like having the focus on the game and not being obliged to interact too much. Because even if you could disable the wall, people would probably stop visiting you if you did. I like visiting my neighbours and seeing their animals but that's pretty much all the interaction that I want. If I want to interact with someone, I can go to Facebook or anywhere else.

Snowfall0
08-05-14, 01:27 PM
Isn't it possible to block players from posting?
Anyways, I do like using walls. After all, I have a ton of neighbors and I can't tell them that I am sending gems to 3 of them everyday and can't gift many of them back immediately. It makes me feel bad. I love the social aspect and communicating with other players. In DS, sometimes people put up guessing games on their walls. They're really fun and can bring many players together.

Splashy81
10-04-14, 09:59 AM
I would really like to see a wall in this game!! Breed/hatch/and-now-evolution times are SO long!! Please give players something else to do in the game while waiting on these outrageous times!

Honestly, if a player were to have their nest, tree & flower tied up with time-consuming creatures... As well as having their farms planted with time-consuming foods, what else is there to do? Nothing! It would be nice to have the option of a wall to pass the time! Please consider, TL!

jptheripper
10-09-14, 05:34 PM

I think the social part is silly.