PDA

View Full Version : Battling

PurpleScorpion76
07-25-14, 05:22 AM
I've just started playing so trying to find my way round. In battling do I just press the button and hope for the best on the type of hit or is there a technique?

maguar
07-25-14, 03:41 PM
I've only done the first few. This is what I've found - higher levels of one type do more damage than lower levels. Fire is strong against nature and nature is weak against fire. With hybrids you get to choose which element you want to attack with.

Bexx85
07-26-14, 02:19 AM
I won 28 battles and have actually no clue how the system really works. Plant attacks were very effective against a stone/plant monster but not against a stone/fire monster for example. I also reapeatedly fought one monster with the same animal and type of attack and had always different results. I guess there is a lot of luck involved whether you achieve a critical or a weak hit.

samanthaxrose
07-26-14, 06:46 AM
Yes, I'm at 36 and it was very varied..some have weaknesses, but you can still win eventually with a weak animal..

Anyuszko
07-26-14, 07:32 AM
I've done thru the first 40 rounds. The reward is an Ancient Sioth monster, with umm grey and green elements (earth and nature). Seems to be non breedable. I do not know the hatching time yet coz my nest is occupied.

After it, round 41-120 opens. At 120th stage, you also get a new monster.

Tavalah
07-26-14, 10:40 AM
I've done thru the first 40 rounds. The reward is an Ancient Sioth monster, with umm grey and green elements (earth and nature). Seems to be non breedable. I do not know the hatching time yet coz my nest is occupied.

I haven't gotten that far, but I used my Lvl 10 Pyro Pony to get up to 17, then a Lvl 9 Ammodillo stopped me. My Lvl 4 Frost wolf got him, though!

Anyuszko
07-26-14, 12:39 PM

Picture of Ancient Sioth egg, 15 hrs hatching time.

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/fight.PNG

aussiejules
07-26-14, 09:27 PM
Just question has anyone made a battle chart eg what beats what and at what level?

FigmentValley
07-27-14, 11:17 AM
So..... You get one attack? If it fails, the other guy attacks you? Then what? I could find nothing more to do. No more attacks. Nothing.

??????????

maguar
07-27-14, 03:02 PM
So..... You get one attack? If it fails, the other guy attacks you? Then what? I could find nothing more to do. No more attacks. Nothing.

??????????

The attacks to in turns until one of you are defeated. Are you able to post a pic of you not having anymore attack options?

samanthaxrose
07-27-14, 05:35 PM
Anyone know the best animal to beat a crystal??

flowless
07-27-14, 11:00 PM
Anyone know the best animal to beat a crystal??

I won using fire element
Don't remember which dragon though

samanthaxrose
07-28-14, 10:50 AM
Thank you! I used vinotaur!

FigmentValley
07-28-14, 06:57 PM
So, I lost. It said "Heal your animal".....

I have no healing spring as in Dragonstory. I closed the battleground. My "animal" does not appear to need "healing".

????????????

Zummat
07-28-14, 07:06 PM
I really don't understand why this is being compared to DS by some players. This game really shouldn't be compared to DS. It's rather simplistic and geared toward the younger folk.

If you lose a battle and try again the creature that lost shows it's healing and can't be chosen to do the second battle. It only takes a few minutes for the animals to "heal". The energy charges rather quickly so you get through the battles rather quickly.

I just finished the 40th battle and have the Ancient Sioth monster egg in the nest,aka Tree of Life.

Snowfall0
07-29-14, 01:33 PM
FigmentValley,

If your animal loses, it automatically starts healing without cost from the player. While it heals, (forgot how long it takes) you can't use it in battle. When it finishes, you can use it again.

SANDSCApe
07-29-14, 02:13 PM
10 minutes.
10 minutes for each exhausted fighter to automatically heal itself.
10 minutes to recharge 1 stamina.
Works out neatly. Besides, since there's no healing building, there's no limit on how many can heal at once.

my607
07-29-14, 04:29 PM
I beat crystal with a rainguin (9) but it took many tries with different animals. Good luck

CranberrySweet
07-30-14, 05:04 PM
I can't seem to figure out the battle system. It makes no sense to me. Obviously, you need to fight with the right type, but I've gone in knowing exactly which attack would yield the 'strong' result for every hit and still lost. It seems almost entirely dependent on getting the 'critical' hit which appears to be completely random. :?

PurpleScorpion76
07-31-14, 07:07 AM
Seems to be non breedable.

I've bred my Ancient Sloth.

Anyuszko
07-31-14, 07:09 AM
I've bred my Ancient Sloth.

You mean you hatched the egg, do you? I said it is non breedable, you cannot breed a second one or so.

PurpleScorpion76
07-31-14, 07:10 AM
I can't seem to figure out the battle system. It makes no sense to me. Obviously, you need to fight with the right type, but I've gone in knowing exactly which attack would yield the 'strong' result for every hit and still lost. It seems almost entirely dependent on getting the 'critical' hit which appears to be completely random. :?

I completely agree after I first posted this I started to note down battle who wins what etc. not much point as when I go what my note states a critical hit comes when it feels like.

PurpleScorpion76
07-31-14, 07:15 AM
You mean you hatched the egg, do you? I said it is non breedable, you cannot breed a second one or so.

Ah I misunderstood you, no didn't mean that I hatched the egg and cant make another. Nonbreedable suggested to me cannot breed from.

Dragonerita
07-31-14, 10:24 AM
Any suggestions on how to beat Glacial Griffin in Battle 110? Tried every nature combination, because the Griffin seems more vulnerable to nature attacks, but still no critical hit. Only strong ones :(

Edit: I finally beat him with PyroPony lvl 10!

Snowfall0
07-31-14, 03:03 PM
What animals are people using to beat the Sloth and Yak? I am having a lot of trouble with the sloth and my friends seem to be struggling with the yak.

Snowfall0
07-31-14, 03:14 PM
What animals are people using to beat the Sloth and Yak? I am having a lot of trouble with the sloth and my friends seem to be struggling with the yak.

Just post what creature you used and if possible, what level they were.
Thanks in advance!:)

Well, I spoke too soon. I beat the sloth right after I posted that xD I used a level 10 pandaffodil.

PurpleScorpion76
08-01-14, 12:00 PM
Well I was going to ask the Yak question. Only Left to try Pyro Pony and Rock Rhino they've been getting jiggy all day.

sehana
08-01-14, 01:27 PM
I completed the Battlegrounds tracker just now... it's ready to record. :)

http://supremedynasty.com/pix/fantastyforest_icon_battle_rs150.png (http://bit.ly/1ncbyIt)

Fantasty Forest Inventory, Chart, Spreadsheet, Egg Chart (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71505-Fantasty-Forest-Inventory-Chart-Spreadsheet-Egg-Chart)