PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Unicorn - 2014 Jul 24

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

SANDSCApe
08-26-14, 09:27 AM
Speak out against ultra-rare blockers. Because breeding a Unicorn is hard enough for most of us.

The point of this wasted breeding is to show solidarity and support for those players who are now being deliberately thwarted in their efforts to breed an Emerald Dragon.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps00f59ca1.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps00f59ca1.jpg.html)
They have persisted through countless fails to produce a Crystal Unicorn. Now they must now endure the unnecessary insult of a 5-hour Pandaffodil breeding, added to the injury of losing out on 5 gems or 5 hours worth of Unicorn income to produce a worthless 20-second egg.

If YOU have more than one ultra-rare in your forest, join me in this protest. Keep your Unicorn and Frostfang out of their habitats by putting them on strike in the Breeding Garden, where TeamLava has maliciously polluted the Gem-Nature breeding pool.

Post a pic here of your Gem-Water breeding and email it to Support@TeamLava.com with a demand for a fair solution to their ultra-rarity problem.

Don't be discouraged, friends. Some day, there may be an ultra-rare Gem-Water hybrid. And even a pack of rabid Frostfangs won't discourage you from breeding it.

Better yet, use Unicorn-Skyger for your protest. The longer fail and higher earnings sacrificed sends a stronger message. I had forgotten that element.

EviBrooklyn
08-26-14, 09:55 AM
Pal, we don't even have a crystal unicorn. What are we to do?

SANDSCApe
08-26-14, 10:12 AM
Pal, we don't even have a crystal unicorn. What are we to do?

Email them anyway, because one day you may breed a Unicorn only to find that you can't do the same things with it that players before you could do.

Petasos
08-26-14, 11:41 AM
Email them anyway, because one day you may breed a Unicorn only to find that you can't do the same things with it that players before you could do.

We already cannot do the same things that players did before us. That is how you got your unicorn remember? If you are have trouble remembering here is your original post from page 2:

"I got this 45-hour breed about an hour ago. I did not have a goal to breed it. According to my shop, the Crystal Unicorn and its Gem Grove habitat both unlock at Level 15. (How can you breed something before it unlocks?)
Without speeding, the breeding and hatching will take nearly 4 days. Hopefully, I'll reach Level 15 by then.
All this is assuming it can't be something else"

You were one of the players to take advantage of a glitch which we cannot do...

SANDSCApe
08-26-14, 12:30 PM
We already cannot do the same things that players did before us. That is how you got your unicorn remember? If you are have trouble remembering here is your original post from page 2:

"I got this 45-hour breed about an hour ago. I did not have a goal to breed it. According to my shop, the Crystal Unicorn and its Gem Grove habitat both unlock at Level 15. (How can you breed something before it unlocks?)
Without speeding, the breeding and hatching will take nearly 4 days. Hopefully, I'll reach Level 15 by then.
All this is assuming it can't be something else"

You were one of the players to take advantage of a glitch which we cannot do...

That glitch allowed me to breed the Unicorn before it's habitat unlocked. I still had to wait until I got to Level 15 to put the egg on the nest. The odds for breeding it were not altered. Others in my situation even had to spend extra time hatching their egg because it was transferred from nest to storage, then had to spend an additional 45 hours on the nest again when they got to L15.

The current situation is adding 5 hours to the breeding time for Pandaffodil. Pandaffodil, for heaven's sake! You can't possibly want that for yourself. I certainly don't wish that misfortune on ANYBODY. So okay, you won't breed a Unicorn at Level 12 today and have to wait until you're at Level 15 to actually HAVE it, but why the heck would you want to?!

Correcting a situation that clearly was never meant to happen makes sense. But this is the opposite. You can no longer breed an Emerald Dragon within normal breeding parameters. A 5-hour Panda breeding is neither normal nor fair to anyone. No one is being favored by this sabotaged breeding.

Are you saying I should be content that other players can't breed Emeralds normally the way I did? And the reason I should be happy to watch them suffer is because I bred a Unicorn before it was even possible to hatch one and had to wait for the habitat to unlock three levels later? Huh?

EviBrooklyn
08-26-14, 12:57 PM
You should be happy you bred unicorn before level 15. Were happy for you too !!

Petasos
08-26-14, 01:34 PM
I was under the understanding that the glitch may it nearly 100% to get a unicorn prior to them fixing it. If I am wrong about that I certainly apologize. If others cannot get a dragon the way you did that is not right either. However, when most of the community cannot even try for a dragon because we cannot get a unicorn it stings a little to constantly hear from someone who has had it before they were even supposed to. I think you have had some amazing luck and should consider that you are less than .01% in your achievements, the odds are truly staggering. I know I am jealous about your success and that drives my discontent, which makes me ashamed to type this. To be honest I could care less about anything that pertains to an emerald dragon until I get past the first hurdle of the unicorn. It is not your fault I would be happy if I were you as well. I wonder how you would be feeling if you spent a couple of hundred real dollars, in additional to the regular breeding opportunities, solely to get a unicorn and failed? Maybe that puts in perspective a bit.

SANDSCApe
08-26-14, 02:37 PM
I was under the understanding that the glitch may it nearly 100% to get a unicorn prior to them fixing it. If I am wrong about that I certainly apologize. If others cannot get a dragon the way you did that is not right either. However, when most of the community cannot even try for a dragon because we cannot get a unicorn it stings a little to constantly hear from someone who has had it before they were even supposed to. I think you have had some amazing luck and should consider that you are less than .01% in your achievements, the odds are truly staggering. I know I am jealous about your success and that drives my discontent, which makes me ashamed to type this. To be honest I could care less about anything that pertains to an emerald dragon until I get past the first hurdle of the unicorn. It is not your fault I would be happy if I were you as well. I wonder how you would be feeling if you spent a couple of hundred real dollars, in additional to the regular breeding opportunities, solely to get a unicorn and failed? Maybe that puts in perspective a bit.

Wow. I think if I had "a couple of hundred real dollars" to splurge on fake game currency, I'd consider myself far more fortunate than people here say I am.

And since 100 dollars buys 2900 gems, with Crystal Unicorn costing 2000 gems and Emerald Dragon costing 2500 gems, I'm also thinking 200 real dollars could have bought them BOTH with plenty of gems leftover to play with!

So I'm thinking if I had 200 real dollars to buy nearly 6000 gems, I might have spent those gems directly in the Fantasy Forest shop on animals I DO want instead of gambling them away to speed up breeding fails and eggs of animals I DON'T want.

But please realize that I wouldn't be telling you this if you didn't say you were wondering how I would feel.

No the breeding glitch did NOT involve any guarantee of breeding the animal. It just put players who bred it below Level 15 in an impossible and impassible situation. Again, no Unicorn was HATCHED in any forest below Level 15. Sure, I'm glad I bred a Unicorn. Who wouldn't be? But breeding something before you can actually have it carries absolutely no benefit. I didn't HAVE it until Level 15, after I was able to build the habitat. I hope that makes sense.

zenobia42
08-26-14, 05:56 PM
I think what Petasos and Brooklyn and others are trying to say is this: for those of us who have put a lot of money and/or time and/or effort into trying to get a crystal unicorn, for weeks and weeks, and have not gotten it, to hear people lucky enough to get unicorns at level 15, then emerald(s), and go on to complain about not having the chance to get enough emeralds to suit them... it is akin to an 70-year old who worked hard all his life just to get by, living in a trailer home, listening to a 19-year old heiress with 5 mansions whine that they have to wait too long for their 6th mansion. THAT is the point. The haves complaining that they don't have as much as they think they should is salt in wounds of the have-nots who deserve the riches every bit as much as the haves, only luck, and luck ALONE, has decided who is a have and who a have-not.

So those with a crystal unicorn and an emerald, those of us with none will shed NO tears for you not getting even more. You have some. Go gloat amongst yourselves and stop rubbing salt in the have-nots' wounds. It is NOT COOL. And do NOT pretend you empathize with what it's like to have played the game this long and not have them. You do NOT know what it's like any more than the 19 year-old heiress understands what it's like for the old man struggling to pay his bills. It is OBVIOUS ones does NOT understand when one acts like the heiress, especially if what are widely perceived as thinly veiled insults on the intelligence of the have-nots pervade one's posts.

ArcadiaTofu
08-26-14, 06:39 PM
Zenobia, I don't think that's what they're saying at all. Most users that have more than one Crystal Unicorn and/or Emerald Dragon are very lucky (this is true), but I don't think they're whining about not being able to get even more for their own benefit. True, Crystal Unicorn and Emerald Dragon are ultra-rares and they pump out the most coins, especially if you get multiples of them, but if it were *me* and I had three unicorns and three dragons, that would be *more* than enough for me. I'd probably even sell a unicorn and an emerald down the line because, quite frankly, you reach a point where you either don't have enough space for them and other breeds you like or you're too flush with coins to even care anymore (boredom setting in and you just want something *different* for once... or a new challenge).

Perhaps I'm not one to talk since I just got my first unicorn on Saturday, but I'm pretty ticked off that not only will it be next to impossible to get an Emerald Dragon from now on (and, if I'm reading it right, it will be even harder than getting a unicorn ever was for me and everyone else), but that I *just* missed the window for an emerald by less than a week. If I already had three unicorns and three dragons, I'd feel pretty badly for other users, like you and me, if they had a next-to-impossible chance of getting emeralds whereas they got them in a much easier way. I'd think to myself, "Wow... now I feel really bad that everyone else without Emeralds is being screwed over by TL when I have more than one Emerald. This really sucks for them, and it's not their fault at all, it's TL's."

The point is: Yes, those that haven't even gotten a unicorn yet are unlucky so far, but one day you more than likely will have a unicorn and when that day comes you're going to be pretty mad that the next ultra-rare you really want (the Emerald) is pretty much a 1 in a million chance that you'll more than likely never manage to get. If you thought the unicorn is hard to get, just how hard do you think the emerald will be now with these new rules? When the only fail you're allowed now is a 5-hour panda (and no fails of Jackalopes, Ocean Owls, Cosmic Phoenix, etc.) how long will you spend trying to desperately breed out an Emerald with that wait time and horrible fail animal (panda) that will more than likely make you feel the weight of every single failure you get? I can barely comprehend how frustrated I'll be if I keep trying and trying and being given only pandas over and over again with a ridiculously long wait time. At least with Crystal Unicorn you have options. You can get Super-Rares out of unicorn fails. But not if you're trying to breed an Emerald. When put in that perspective, don't you think early Emerald users will feel badly for others that weren't as lucky as them to take advantage of an almost-guaranteed Emerald as long as you spend a few hours grinding through 20-second panda fails?

I know I would had I managed to be one week early getting my unicorn... :\

Sumercarefree
08-26-14, 06:45 PM
I am getting my second unicorn within a couple of weeks in my Account 1.
Account 2 is still dry.

Both are around lvl 17 and started same time, but one has greater variety of dragons and the other the crystal unicorns and plenty of cash.

kooky panda
08-27-14, 12:20 PM
Guys the thread is getting off topic. The most recent off topic comments have been removed.
Please keep the discussion on the combos for getting the Crystal Unicorn Dragon.

Thanks!

Petasos
08-27-14, 09:07 PM
So fate wanted me to make a complete fool of myself and then saw fit to make me eat my own words. Just threw a Firefox and a Rainguin and got a unicorn. I will eat my crow quietly.

zenobia42
08-27-14, 09:12 PM
So fate wanted me to make a complete fool of myself and then saw fit to make me eat my own words. Just threw a Firefox and a Rainguin and got a unicorn. I will eat my crow quietly.

congrats!

sweetypies97
08-28-14, 12:23 AM
I totally agree, plus shorter fail times means mores chances for success over all.

I keep getting stupid 13 hour armordillos from this combo. That is not a short fail time IMO.

I'm ready to give up on this game. It has fantastic music, graphics etc and the ideas are wonderful but it is boring now with very few rewards. It is too expensive to get anywhere, the coins are slow to earn and the animals are too hard to breed. There is no fun in it anymore, unlike when it first started.

viramisu
08-28-14, 01:12 AM
Mee too. All these suggested combo give me nothing but another common breed. Been trying for a week, i can level up just easily from breed activity only. I guess unicorn is not exist on my farm.

sanya87
08-28-14, 01:23 AM
Well i have been trying for 3 weeks now and i am already level 30, still nothing. I keep getting same duplicates all the time and though it's really frustrating i will give it few weeks again, if nothing i will start to collect other animals that i am missing and just try to forget about this one, together with emerald dragon.

blinvy2
08-29-14, 07:15 AM
Oh my god, I actually bred one! Planther and manticore 45 hours! I'm so excited because it took me over two years to breed a diamond in Dragon Story. Yay!

Sylvrthrne
08-29-14, 09:37 AM
Wanted to confirm a dark breeding combo for unicorn. I've been using a Chromadile and Plantlers combo for about 3 weeks straight, got a few interesting critters out of the combo, and finally had 45 hours this morning :) Fails usually were on average 9-11 hours

zenobia42
08-29-14, 09:54 AM
Wanted to confirm a dark breeding combo for unicorn. I've been using a Chromadile and Plantlers combo for about 3 weeks straight, got a few interesting critters out of the combo, and finally had 45 hours this morning :) Fails usually were on average 9-11 hours

Congrats on the unicorn!

sanya87
08-29-14, 10:55 AM
Oh my, I have just put my magmacore and aquatter expecting nothing like usually and the timer showed 45 hours!!! So excited, I still can't believe it! After 3 weeks of trying non stop and I don't know how many tries, cause I stopped to count after 20-30, it finally happened :D

Anyuszko
08-29-14, 11:18 AM
Oh my, I have just put my magmacore and aquatter expecting nothing like usually and the timer showed 45 hours!!! So excited, I still can't believe it! After 3 weeks of trying non stop and I don't know how many tries, cause I stopped to count after 20-30, it finally happened :D

Congatz, Sanya :)

sanya87
08-29-14, 11:25 AM
Thank you! It really came when I was least expecting it :)

zenobia42
08-29-14, 11:38 AM

Congrats on your unicorn! She is SO beautiful, too. When visiting neighbors, I always stop a moment to admire the unicorns and emeralds when I see them. :)

sanya87
08-29-14, 12:38 PM
Thank you zenobia, I really really hope you will get yours soon too!

zenobia42
08-29-14, 12:49 PM
Thank you zenobia, I really really hope you will get yours soon too!

Aw, thanks, that's sweet of you. I have my leopard and pony in the breeding den right now, taking a break from futility in the unicorn quest lol. But when they finish this evening, I will board that train again, hoping against hope that it reaches the end of the line one day.

I have tickets to the U.S. Open all (3-day) weekend long. I'm hoping that reverse psychology where my luck is concerned in this game will kick in. You see, if I am sitting at a tennis match, and get a 45-hour breed time, it will cause me to jump up and yell, "YES!" at the top of my lungs, and drop my iPad to fall tumbling down a few rows of the upper promenade (can't afford the good seats lol!). Which will cause a disruption of the tennis match and much embarrassment for me, and much scratching on my iPad, and possibly even a concussion for the person in the row in front of me. So, you see, Lady Luck, it would be BAD luck for me to get the unicorn this weekend. ;) ;) ;)

sanya87
08-29-14, 02:31 PM
Me too I took a short break yesterday to breed these new animals, on the first try I got the common one don't know it's name and today I was wondering should I try for the second one but in the end I decided to throw again four elements :))

Lol, I like how you are thinking! Have fun and hope to hear great news from you soon :)

SANDSCApe
08-29-14, 03:23 PM
Aw, thanks, that's sweet of you. I have my leopard and pony in the breeding den right now, taking a break from futility in the unicorn quest lol. But when they finish this evening, I will board that train again, hoping against hope that it reaches the end of the line one day.

I have tickets to the U.S. Open all (3-day) weekend long. I'm hoping that reverse psychology where my luck is concerned in this game will kick in. You see, if I am sitting at a tennis match, and get a 45-hour breed time, it will cause me to jump up and yell, "YES!" at the top of my lungs, and drop my iPad to fall tumbling down a few rows of the upper promenade (can't afford the good seats lol!). Which will cause a disruption of the tennis match and much embarrassment for me, and much scratching on my iPad, and possibly even a concussion for the person in the row in front of me. So, you see, Lady Luck, it would be BAD luck for me to get the unicorn this weekend. ;) ;) ;)

You're in NYC? Hah! We could be neighbors for all we know. No US Opėn for me, but I'll be glad to not be in the trajectory of your dreaded iPad. Me and my old iPhone will be down at Coney Island for one last frolic with the little boss. We both play from the same device but Fantasy Forest will not be played while we're out having fun.
Don't you dare breed that Unicorn. Could be dangerous like you say. Besides, you won't be able to inject the mention of your un-unicornity and emeraldlessness into every forum post. And we would really miss that.

Sylvrthrne
08-29-14, 03:48 PM
Congrats on the unicorn!

Thanks! :) I've been worried about the dark combo, kept poring through the threads over and over again, lol. Took me forever to get diamond in DS, so I was expecting another few months on this :rolleyes:

zenobia42
08-29-14, 03:55 PM
You're in NYC? Hah! We could be neighbors for all we know. No US Opėn for me, but I'll be glad to not be in the trajectory of your dreaded iPad. Me and my old iPhone will be down at Coney Island for one last frolic with the little boss. We both play from the same device but Fantasy Forest will not be played while we're out having fun.
Don't you dare breed that Unicorn. Could be dangerous like you say. Besides, you won't be able to inject the mention of your un-unicornity and emeraldlessness into every forum post. And we would really miss that.

Lol! You crack me up!

It's a small world and we COULD be neighbors. Earlier this year I made a friend online in a different game and we realized recently that she in fact grew up on the same street I live on now, just a couple blocks away!!! We were both totally blown away by that. But it's NY, so we could be next door, or there could be 7 million other New Yorkers between us, lol! I live in the same borough as the Open. I will face south and give you a wave... and scarily enough we will both be hoping for the same luck this weekend... Of the no typical Labor Day thunderstorms variety. :)

CrystalGlade
08-29-14, 08:30 PM
I have been trying to breed a crystal unicorn for weeks now. And I still just don't have any success. I have tried soo many different combinations of animals, evolved at different levels and I'm just wondering if there is anything else I can do...?
Thankyou anyone who can help 😊

zenobia42
08-29-14, 08:40 PM
In the same boat as you. I don't think there is anything to be done other than keep putting 4 elements in there. The only advice I have is how to maximize your fails (if that makes any sense). Not counting lighting, I choose to leave out the one element I have the least missing breeds in. For example, right now, of the 9 breeds I am missing, 2 are the unicorn and emerald obviously. But I am missing 3 with fire, 3 with nature, 3 with earth, 3 with dark and only 2 with water. So water is the element I leave out of the mix so as to maximize the odds that my inevitable fail will be be a new breed for me. This has served me well in terms of getting closer to filling my album.

Also, I make a fake unicorn. The pyro pony has the same body as the unicorn, and at level 15, extra pretty colors. So I leveled her to 15 and think of her as a unicorn with a sunburn. Of course, she only makes 197 coins per hour, and her large habitat maxes out at 2,500 coins, and she really still isn't anywhere near as beautiful as the unicorn, but hey, if I can't get the real thing, at least I have a fake one! lol

Good luck to you in getting it. When you do, please share with us!

ETA: actually, I DO have some advice for getting one: make a time machine and go back to when they just released it and the odds were better. ;)

chalupa2030
08-29-14, 09:05 PM
Same here! Trying for weeks:(

my607
08-29-14, 09:19 PM
Join the club . I have been getting many super rates but no unicorn so frustrating.

CrystalGlade
08-29-14, 10:17 PM
Hahahaha your very funny! A also have a sunburnt unicorn lol!
I love all ponies! So I'm stoked that there are so many different ones! All they need to give me now is a centaur and seahorse ��
Yeah I have been doing my best to maximise my losses just like you say.
But everybody thanks for caring I wish you all super luck in breeding one, and when you do post pictures for sure!!

sweetypies97
08-29-14, 11:18 PM
Sorry but my pretty pony is still not as good as a unicorn. I might as well tell her "you no corn" haha.

I too have been breeding duds for weeks. It is frustrating and disheartening.

hugpete
08-29-14, 11:57 PM
The Ultra-rareness of the Unicorn is like breeding a Diamond dragon in Dragon Story. I've been trying to do that for 6 months! There are some people who've tried for 2 years to get a Diamond. But in DS, there are many many more dragons available, so hopefully it'll be a smidge easier here for the Uni. I only got the Uni due to the glitch.

GanzEgal
08-31-14, 03:28 AM
Well in Dragon Story the Ultra rares are the Reason why i stopped to Play it. I Hope it will be here a Bit easier. I played DS for over a Year and had no Ultra rares, it was really frustrating. Lets Hope that TL will give us a Chance to get a cute unicorn :)

hugpete
09-01-14, 01:00 AM
Well in Dragon Story the Ultra rares are the Reason why i stopped to Play it. I Hope it will be here a Bit easier. I played DS for over a Year and had no Ultra rares, it was really frustrating. Lets Hope that TL will give us a Chance to get a cute unicorn :)

Every time you breed 4 elements, there's a chance!

GanzEgal
09-01-14, 12:31 PM
Do You Know the Film "the Last unicorn" ? If yes, do you remember the scene when the unicorn meets Molly the robber bride? in about 20 years i am gonna Look like her, and then i am going to get the unicorn. And then i am going to cry like Molly and ask this beautiful creature why it hasn't visited me when i was Young and believing in miracles.

On the other side i could transform into the Fire taurus and capture alle the unicorns in the World and Set them into my water habitat:p

(Sorry for the Bad english mixing with autocorrection of my ipad)

Splashy81
09-01-14, 02:34 PM
I am in this boat too!! I have bred a 4-element combo AT LEAST 200 times (using a lot of speed breeding, but not always) with no unicorn-luck! I have gotten many rares & super rares though, and even duplicates of several too... So all is not lost, but it is still frustrating! What gives!!!???? :mad:

chalupa2030
09-01-14, 02:54 PM
Has anyone gotten the unicorn since TL fixed the glitch?

my607
09-01-14, 03:27 PM
I'm thinking about breeding the troll with some animals to get the unicorn. Hopefully it will work.

happy2010
09-02-14, 02:35 AM
I just take two hour to breed out Unicorn, now i have two Unicorn and one Emerald Dragon:p. Will keep on continue breed more....:o

xanethi
09-02-14, 07:43 AM
Has anyone gotten the unicorn since TL fixed the glitch?

I just got a 45 hour timer for my breeding den. So it is still possible to get it. Is my first one too

princessisabellethefirst
09-02-14, 07:57 AM
So now with Lightning only having only pairs with fire, the best combo would be lightning with earth, water and dark. Leaf has 4 combos with dark, opposed to the others only having 3. Is this correct?

my607
09-02-14, 09:46 AM
Happy2010: which animals did you breed to get the unicorn?

mysticfrost
09-02-14, 01:46 PM
Who has tried to speedbreed the unicorn? If so, were you successful? How long did it take? In general it's always better to buy a few gems and speed breed if you want a hard animal to get, much better than outright buying it because you will end up spending less gems to breed than actually buy. With the unicorn I'm wondering if that's true or not..it would suck to spend 2k gems and not get a unicorn in the end.

karamsay
09-02-14, 08:11 PM
So now with Lightning only having only pairs with fire, the best combo would be lightning with earth, water and dark. Leaf has 4 combos with dark, opposed to the others only having 3. Is this correct?

I think they all only have two elements at this point, so you would have to include fire if you want to use lightning in your four-element combo.

Petasos
09-03-14, 08:49 AM
Has anyone used lightning successfully yet to get a unicorn?

xanethi
09-03-14, 09:48 AM
Maybe the information is somewhere but How long does it take to evolve a unicorn?
I dont mean breeding/hatching but time in evolution flower

zenobia42
09-03-14, 10:30 AM
Maybe the information is somewhere but How long does it take to evolve a unicorn?
I dont mean breeding/hatching but time in evolution flower

16 hours evolve time.

zenobia42
09-03-14, 10:32 AM
Has anyone used lightning successfully yet to get a unicorn?

I have tried a few times. Unsurprisingly though, I was unsuccessful. lol.

xanethi
09-03-14, 10:04 PM
16 hours evolve time.

Ty now i Can plan when to put it in there :)

zenobia42
09-04-14, 01:41 PM
Guess what, everyone!!!!!

Still no unicorn despite trying 24/7 and sometimes speed breeding. :)

chalupa2030
09-04-14, 07:27 PM
Guess what, everyone!!!!!

Still no unicorn despite trying 24/7 and sometimes speed breeding. :)

Too funny. Same here! Not speed breeding though ~ won't put real money on this game. Too much on DS and CS:)

Splashy81
09-04-14, 08:00 PM
Finally!!! And I only had to wait for attempt number 233 (or something in that neighborhood!)...

L/15 Rainguin with a L/15 Jackalope! I had been trying with many low level creatures for several days (rotating many of the same combos over & over), but decided to throw these two in the mix for some variety. Good luck to all still trying!

my607
09-04-14, 08:27 PM
Congrats! I hope I get the unicorn soon . Wow, that's a lot of attempts.

zenobia42
09-04-14, 10:32 PM
chalupa2030, my "spreed breeding" is just using the gems I get from neighbors and from playing other TL advertised games. Not buying. They can make a difference in how well time is used. I used them to speed a breeding that would finish in the middle of the night, or to speed an egg when the breeding behind it is finished. That sort of thing. Using free gems. Just to be able to be trying 24/7.

And CONGRATS, Splashy81! Sharing success stories like yours a) let us all feel happy for you and b) also give us all hope, when hope fades fast for a lot of us after so, so many fails.

Since this is related, there was a weird misconception on here before, that I and/or other posters wanted to repress people from sharing success stories. And that we were "haters." I do not think being lucky is in some weird way wrong. I do not think sharing joy about it with the community is in any way wrong either. It's great! And I absolutely, positively do not hate anyone here. I have great respect for the people of this community. This group in particular gets SO little info from Team Lava, that it makes it hard, but we all work together and try to get things understandable in here, and help people out whenever we can. If I said anything to anyone that was interpreted as me wanting to suppress your speech or me hating them, then I apologize for communicating so poorly that that was how my words were interpreted. And please don't hate me!

chalupa2030
09-04-14, 10:49 PM
chalupa2030, my "spreed breeding" is just using the gems I get from neighbors and from playing other TL advertised games. Not buying. They can make a difference in how well time is used. I used them to speed a breeding that would finish in the middle of the night, or to speed an egg when the breeding behind it is finished. That sort of thing. Using free gems. Just to be able to be trying 24/7.

And CONGRATS, Splashy81! Sharing success stories like yours a) let us all feel happy for you and b) also give us all hope, when hope fades fast for a lot of us after so, so many fails.

Since this is related, there was a weird misconception on here before, that I and/or other posters wanted to repress people from sharing success stories. And that we were "haters." I do not think being lucky is in some weird way wrong. I do not think sharing joy about it with the community is in any way wrong either. It's great! And I absolutely, positively do not hate anyone here. I have great respect for the people of this community. This group in particular gets SO little info from Team Lava, that it makes it hard, but we all work together and try to get things understandable in here, and help people out whenever we can. If I said anything to anyone that was interpreted as me wanting to suppress your speech or me hating them, then I apologize for communicating so poorly that that was how my words were interpreted. And please don't hate me!

Oh, no worries! I read a.lot. And you have always, IMO, been supportive and encouraging. So what there was a glitch and some benefited ~ good for you! I remember at DS during a recent glitch, folks were getting Mercuries and other rare dragons! I already had mine, but, make no mistake ~ there will always be haters:)

smileimblue
09-04-14, 11:22 PM

well I got lucky. this is around my 8th breeding to get the crystal unicorn.. I even gave up haha :p

I used a variety if different animals that fit the requirements, but I ended up getting it with a Jackalope and Glacial Griffon!

best of luck to everyone else, who's journeys seem to be unending!

SANDSCApe
09-04-14, 11:24 PM
Finally!!! And I only had to wait for attempt number 233 (or something in that neighborhood!)...

L/15 Rainguin with a L/15 Jackalope! I had been trying with many low level creatures for several days (rotating many of the same combos over & over), but decided to throw these two in the mix for some variety. Good luck to all still trying!

Wow. Good for you! I would NEVER put two Level 15 animals in the Garden. (Then again, I don't HAVE 2 Level 15 animals. LOL). Well, I guess the Unicorn gods must love the trippy colors, and that is one odd looking couple but -- bless them -- they pulled it off.
Congratulations!

chalupa2030
09-05-14, 04:42 AM
I would NEVER put two Level 15 animals in the Garden.

Why? Level doesn't matter.

SANDSCApe
09-05-14, 06:03 AM
Why? Level doesn't matter.

Correct; but my reason has nothing to do with the breeding outcome. I wouldn't breed with high level animals if I had a choice because they can't earn coins while they are in the Garden. With younger breeders, I have less to lose by keeping them out of their habitats.

In my forest, it's all about the coins, baby.

my607
09-05-14, 11:42 AM
Anyway, breeding this unicorn i am getting frustrated. I'm taking a break and trying to breed the electric animals now.

zenobia42
09-05-14, 02:45 PM
Correct; but my reason has nothing to do with the breeding outcome. I wouldn't breed with high level animals if I had a choice because they can't earn coins while they are in the Garden. With younger breeders, I have less to lose by keeping them out of their habitats.

Sound strategy. I do the same - whenever I breed an animal that I have more than one of that type, I always put the lowest level in the den.

my607
09-06-14, 08:37 AM
What gives I get two of some super rare animals but no unicorn?

infinitelove19
09-06-14, 09:01 AM
So, has anybody bred a unicorn using a lightning hybrid yet?

Since they changed the rules for breeding Emerald, I have kept breeding four elements in hopes of another Crystal, plus breeding two elements seems to only give me commons, so I'm trying for the new lightning/nature hybrids, Pegasus, Crystal & Ember Bear using Planther (green/black) and Fire Glider (lightning/red). First result 11 hours. Gotta be another Fire Glider. Breed on, breed on!

At least I am currently hatching a Sea Drake. Finally lucked out on it after breeding just water/black and getting chromadiles, I switched back to four elements & got it almost immediately! Gotta love it! ;-)

Minami_252
09-06-14, 11:21 AM
I've attempted so many times! Bad luck lol! :(

my607
09-06-14, 11:42 AM
No luck here. Hopefully soon though.

zenobia42
09-06-14, 02:42 PM
Still trying.

Still failing.

I'm curious how much they lowered the odds on getting the unicorn from when they first released it until now.

chalupa2030
09-06-14, 02:48 PM
Still trying.

Still failing.

I'm curious how much they lowered the odds on getting the unicorn from when they first released it until now.

I would be very curious too! I'm not getting mine either:(

SANDSCApe
09-06-14, 09:25 PM
Thanks, guys. The fire glider x planther combo got me my first 45 hours. I really hoped I would get the daredevil but I was very pleasantly surprised! :D

There. We finally have a report (from another thread) of a Crystal Unicorn bred with the Electric element!

(Curious how some people suspect this animal has become unbreedable or that the odds have been insanely reduced; yet everyday others announce that they've just bred their first one!)

Crr008
09-07-14, 11:33 AM
Hi! That was me. I was trying for a different animal and it never occurred to me using an Electric animal could get me a Unicorn. Not that it matters but in case anyone is curious, the Fire Glider was level 8 while the Planther is a level 10. Hope this helps someone.

zenobia42
09-07-14, 12:01 PM
(Curious how some people suspect this animal has become unbreedable or that the odds have been insanely reduced; yet everyday others announce that they've just bred their first one!)

I have not gone through and counted for each date on this thread, but in the last 7 days there have been 4 new unicorns reported in this thread. Very early on, from July 28-August 3, there were 7, almost twice as many per week. Obviously, during both time periods, there were presumably unicorns bred and not posted, and the numbers could be much higher for one or the other and not reported. But if we are just talking about number of unicorns being announced in this thread, they number per week has gone down.

SANDSCApe
09-07-14, 01:00 PM
Can somebody please post what Crystal Unicorn earns at levels 11-14? You can take the information from an Emerald Dragon if you raised one of those instead. Please tell us the income at each of these four levels and the food required to level up.

SANDSCApe
09-07-14, 02:33 PM
Gargolem and fire glider gave me a crystal unicorn

See? Another. Gotta believe there are more out there than we hear about.

We know it can happen because we see it happening. And no glitch or grandfather clause is at work now, if there ever was. Never mind if a few people MAYBE got it with better odds (no official confirmation of that). Everybody who has used a 4-element breeding combo in the past month and a half had the same odds of seeing a 45-hour timer. For all we know, they may have the same odds that anyone EVER had. But we know at least that all the players who bred Unicorns in the past few weeks had an equal chance to those who've been failing repeatedly.

CRYSTAL UNICORNS CONTINUE TO BE BRED. Gotta believe. Period.

stoneflower8
09-08-14, 06:31 AM
Please tell me what a real combination to got a Unicorn? I try so long time and ... nothing.

infinitelove19
09-08-14, 08:11 AM
Please tell me what a real combination to got a Unicorn? I try so long time and ... nothing.

You can find many successful pairings throughout this thread. I do wish smeone would gather them up & post them in the first post so they were easy to find.

That said, any combination of four different elements *can* result in Unicorn.

On my secondary account I just successfully bred my second Unicorn (first on that account) with Fire Glider & Plantlers.

Both successful breedings (for me) were achieved after switching up my breeding pair to a new combo. Pretty sure my other successful pair was Fairy Ferret & Racmoon (or possibly Chromadile). I posted it before, but don't recall. Good luck! :-)

zenobia42
09-08-14, 11:19 AM
You can find many successful pairings throughout this thread. I do wish someone would gather them up & post them in the first post so they were easy to find.

There are a number of successful combos in the Fantasy story breeding list (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71284-Fantasy-story-breeding-list) OP.... just scroll down to between the written list and the egg pics.

my607
09-10-14, 07:23 AM
But the thing is using those combos don't always work that's the negative part. That's the annoying part.

FridayFarms
09-10-14, 07:33 AM
Finally got the coveted 45 hour breeding time with turtisle and armordillo after a zillion fails. It can be done! I'm on level 21 and have been stuck in the battlegrounds on level 75 losing repeatedly to a crystal unicorn.

Maybe that's why I was finally able to breed one.

Good luck to all those still trying!

brandonu
09-10-14, 08:40 AM
I've been throwing a Turtisle and a Racmoon in the den consistently for a few weeks, except for the four Lightning creatures (not going for Sphinx right now) and have not bred a Unicorn. No surprise really, I know the odds are very low.

I've been getting a lot of Racmoons, Rainguins and Chromadiles; as well as some Peamoths and Chamaneons. I very rarely get Turtisles and have not got a single Aquatter or Ocean Owl. Other "fails" that I would welcome are Rockodile, Spruce Moose, Grassquatch, Gargolem and Aurora Pegasus.

dancingsnickerdoodle
09-10-14, 12:29 PM
9-10-2014: Yes, yes yes!!!!! I'm doing a happy dance! Just got a 45 hr "fail". I was trying to get a super rare & surprise, surprise, surprise....45 hrs. I had moved on from trying for crystal unicorn because of the disappointment that went along with planther after planther after planther. Oh, then throw in a few plantlers and all their "common" forest friends.
The winning combination for me was:

Dream Bat ( lvl 7) & Solar Simian ( lvl 4 )

10-18-2014: I'm still dancing as I just got my 2nd Crystal today!

Fire Fox ( lvl 4 ) & Ranguin ( lvl 4 )

brandonu
09-10-14, 12:54 PM
Yes, yes yes!!!!! I'm doing a happy dance! Just got a 45 hr "fail". I was trying to get a super rare & surprise, surprise, surprise....45 hrs. I had moved on from trying for crystal unicorn because of the disappointment that went along with planther after planther after planther. Oh, then throw in a few plantlers and all their "common" forest friends.
The winning combination for me was:
Dream Bat ( lvl 7) & Solar Simian ( lvl 4 )
Congrats!

A watched pot never boils (or something)

zenobia42
09-10-14, 02:28 PM
I can hardly believe my eyes! A crystal unicorn for me!

Oh, wait. I was only daydreaming, while waiting for Thunder-friggen-16-hour-fail-hawk egg #4 (with no beagle or sphinx, no less unicorn, in sight), to incubate, so I can put yet another turtisle in the nest then sell both of them. Sigh.

I should have been counting how many unicorn fails I've had these last 48 days since the unicorn was released. I was racing 3-4 animal pairs a day through the den early on. Then it slowed to about 2/day. If my average over 48 days were 2.5, that would be 120 attempts. But I've taken breaks at various points. So it's probably "only" 100. Funny how it SEEMS like 1,000.

my607
09-10-14, 06:12 PM
I have to come up with my own combos of animals to breed the unicorn. I tried the fire glider and planther but it's 17 hrs so I'm thinking it's the eagle beagle. Another disappointment for me. I hope before Christmas I get the unicorn so hard.

SANDSCApe
09-11-14, 07:10 AM
I can hardly believe my eyes! A crystal unicorn for me!

Oh, wait. I was only daydreaming, while waiting for Thunder-friggen-16-hour-fail-hawk egg #4 (with no beagle or sphinx, no less unicorn, in sight), to incubate, so I can put yet another turtisle in the nest then sell both of them. Sigh.

I should have been counting how many unicorn fails I've had these last 48 days since the unicorn was released. I was racing 3-4 animal pairs a day through the den early on. Then it slowed to about 2/day. If my average over 48 days were 2.5, that would be 120 attempts. But I've taken breaks at various points. So it's probably "only" 100. Funny how it SEEMS like 1,000.

OMG. Please don't do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack.

But I forgive you, because that hilarious description of the Thunderhawk fails had me rolling on the floor. I bred about 4 or 5 Hawklings already with no Beagle or Sphinx either, using a 4-element combo (I'd still like a 2nd Unicorn) and the 3-element combo that recently produced all those Unmentionables.

knj00
09-16-14, 10:05 AM
Got mine yesterday with Chromadile and Rampage.

I had just got done complaining about not having one yet to a neighbor on DS (because he was rubbing it in that he had 2 lol) and not even 10min. later I got one. I was so shocked and happy. :) Of couse I had to go right back to DS and let him know I got one. lol

Good Luck to everyone still trying!! (I had been doing nothing but 4 type combos since I hit lvl 15)

GanzEgal
09-16-14, 12:00 PM
Honeys call me MOLLY GRUE, i got it, i can't believe but i catchend it, and i am still under 70 years Old and got it. Now i am going to spend some jewels to call my Forest Molly Grues Dream :cool:

(Edit: testing)

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 10:10 PM
Sry Honeys but i have to say it again, i have an unicorn before i am 70 years old....i am so happy...15543 i look a Bit like Molly :) Good luck to all who even dont believe they are going to get it, its possible :)

This totally cracked me up. Congratulations on your Glider-Bamboon-bred Unicorn, GanzEgal... I mean Molly Grue! LOL

EviBrooklyn
09-18-14, 04:26 AM
Is it still worth breeding unicorn with pando? What are the odds of getting the emerald?

cquinn32
09-18-14, 08:25 AM
Is it still worth breeding unicorn with pando? What are the odds of getting the emerald?

I think unicorn/panda is you best chance at emerald IF you check in every hour to try again. I'm also hoping that after a while when it isn't such an advantage to have multiple emeralds that TL will do the right thing and change it back to 20sec.

EviBrooklyn
09-18-14, 08:30 AM
I think unicorn/panda is you best chance at emerald IF you check in every hour to try again. I'm also hoping that after a while when it isn't such an advantage to have multiple emeralds that TL will do the right thing and change it back to 20sec.

Thanks cquinn. You guys have been great with all the tips you have given me

maguar
09-18-14, 02:22 PM
I was lucky to get mine with volcamel and planther

sweetypies97
09-20-14, 01:32 AM
oh my gosh. I finally did it! I paired a Rockodile and solar simian.

zenobia42
09-20-14, 08:02 AM
USA will win the World Cup before I get a friggen unicorn.

Congrats to all the new unicorn owners. Can you please lend me just a little of your luck for a while?

zenobia42
09-20-14, 05:26 PM
I give up on the unicorn.

For now, anyway. Going to work on getting the slew of electrical hybrids I don't have yet for a while.

sweetypies97
09-23-14, 09:24 PM
How long does she spend in the evolution flower? I'm not sure whether to let her evolve overnight when I'm not checking my forest.

SANDSCApe
09-24-14, 01:36 AM
How long does she spend in the evolution flower? I'm not sure whether to let her evolve overnight when I'm not checking my forest.

All ultra-rares evolve in 16 hours.
Super-rares take 8 hours, Rares take 4 and Commons take 1 (except for Panda & Pony who do it in seconds).

sweetypies97
09-24-14, 03:37 AM

Crr008
09-27-14, 06:00 AM
My child got one with Thunderhawk and chromadile. Very exciting.

sweetypies97
09-27-14, 05:30 PM
If people have kept a note of what they used to breed their unicorn, would it be useful to have a list of the more successful breeding pairs? eg if a lot of people used a Rainguin + Solar Simian, but only one person was successful with Magmacore + Yak, it could help people having trouble. Even though we know that statistically it is random, trends can sometimes show up when there is a big enough sample group (even if they're not meant to).

sukyee
09-29-14, 05:15 PM
Almost give up on unicorn...
Was trying to breed gold lion or Falconch using fire glider+Chromodile... And pop!! 45hrs breed!
Anyone know how many fruits needed to grow a unicorn to level10?
While waiting for the 90hours breed+hatch, I would try to save as many fruits as possible for my baby unicorn~
Good luck everyone...

zenobia42
09-30-14, 01:18 PM
The OP on this thread is dated July 24. Today is September 30. That means the unicorn has been breedable for 68 days. Early on, I bred 3-5 animals a day. Now it's 2-3 a day. I took a half day here or there off attempting the unicorn. So by my estimate I am now:

>170:0

on unicorn attempts.

ArcadiaTofu
09-30-14, 02:59 PM
The OP on this thread is dated July 24. Today is September 30. That means the unicorn has been breedable for 68 days. Early on, I bred 3-5 animals a day. Now it's 2-3 a day. I took a half day here or there off attempting the unicorn. So by my estimate I am now:

>170:0

on unicorn attempts.

When you manage to get a Crystal Unicorn, Zenobia, I'll send you a gem gift that day to mark the occasion. I propose that everyone on this thread send you a gem gift that day to help celebrate/pay for your sparkly new Unicorn. Hopefully that will make up for your super-long wait time, yes? :3

zenobia42
09-30-14, 09:22 PM
When you manage to get a Crystal Unicorn, Zenobia, I'll send you a gem gift that day to mark the occasion. I propose that everyone on this thread send you a gem gift that day to help celebrate/pay for your sparkly new Unicorn. Hopefully that will make up for your super-long wait time, yes? :3

Aw, that was truly heartwarming, thanks!!!

flowless
10-01-14, 10:41 AM
Almost give up on unicorn...
Was trying to breed gold lion or Falconch using fire glider+Chromodile... And pop!! 45hrs breed!
Anyone know how many fruits needed to grow a unicorn to level10?
While waiting for the 90hours breed+hatch, I would try to save as many fruits as possible for my baby unicorn~
Good luck everyone...

Your not gonna be happy about the new evolution times

Fantasmagoria
10-01-14, 05:38 PM
I just got a 45 hour breeding time with Fire Glider and Bamboon. My first gemstone animal. Yay!

esmeetje1990
10-02-14, 05:32 AM
I got one a few days ago with Ranguin and Thunderhawk. I just listed all of the animals I still needed and then counted which elements I missed most of. These were blue, green, stone and lightning, so I went with this combo. I was very lucky to get it within a few tries. Didn't even get any fails I still needed.

msb283
10-02-14, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone! Ive been reading this forum for awhile now as I played FFS, but never posted till now.

Having recently reached Level 37 in the game, having a 55/58 album, and still not hatching a Unicorn, I was starting to become extremely discouraged. I've must have attempted over 50 different pairings at least, and its avoided me till just now, finally got her :)

Just throwing this out there for everyone who feels like it will never happen, it will. Just hang in there :)

And thank you to everyone who helps out with the Battlegrounds and Tournament info!

bluefoxcrystal
10-02-14, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone! Ive been reading this forum for awhile now as I played FFS, but never posted till now.

Having recently reached Level 37 in the game, having a 55/58 album, and still not hatching a Unicorn, I was starting to become extremely discouraged. I've must have attempted over 50 different pairings at least, and its avoided me till just now, finally got her :)

Just throwing this out there for everyone who feels like it will never happen, it will. Just hang in there :)

And thank you to everyone who helps out with the Battlegrounds and Tournament info!

Congrats msb ^^ now... Wishing you luck with emerald dragon :)

msb283
10-03-14, 04:52 AM
Congrats msb ^^ now... Wishing you luck with emerald dragon :)

Lol thank you! Hopefully it doesn't take another 37 levels :)

Hawksmoor
10-06-14, 08:30 AM
Still waiting for my Unicorn but thought I should start some financial planning for the day I join the ranks of the "chosen", so I started to look at the costs of habitats. Looking back at earlier posts I see when people first started to breed the unicorn the "small" gem grove cost 270,000 coins. My game shows it costs 340,000. Fine, the cost of inflation etc lol. But if I want to upgrade the gem grove to the next level (big gem grove) it costs 6,100,000 coins? As in 6 MILLION.?!?!? Is that correct??? That's not just inflation, that's insanity!

SANDSCApe
10-06-14, 08:52 AM
Still waiting for my Unicorn but thought I should start some financial planning for the day I join the ranks of the "chosen", so I started to look at the costs of habitats. Looking back at earlier posts I see when people first started to breed the unicorn the "small" gem grove cost 270,000 coins. My game shows it costs 340,000. Fine, the cost of inflation etc lol. But if I want to upgrade the gem grove to the next level (big gem grove) it costs 6,100,000 coins? As in 6 MILLION.?!?!? Is that correct??? That's not just inflation, that's insanity!

That is indeed correct. Six million, one hundred thousand coins. In fact, it is the only over-priced 3-animal habitat that has NOT seen a price reduction. Back when the 6.1M Big Gem Grove rolled out, Big Water Way cost 520K and Big Dark Cove cost 900K coins.

I have one on Satyr Sanctuary, but it took a lot of ultra-rare income to be able to afford it. Ain't that something! You need to already have ultras making loads of coins to be able to buy this ultra home. Or maybe if you have a universe of high-level supers earning over a million coins a day like our famous no-Unicorn friend, you can splurge on one and have it ready for that lucky day.

Hawksmoor
10-06-14, 09:04 AM
That is indeed correct. In fact, it is the only over-priced big habitat that has NOT seen a price reduction. Back when the 6.1M Big Gem Grove rolled out, Big Water Way cost 520K and Big Dark Cove cost 900K coins.

I have one on Satyr Sanctuary, but it took a lot of ultra-rare income to be able to afford it. Ain't that something! You need to already have ultras making loads of coins to be able to buy this ultra home. Or maybe if you have a universe of high-level supers earning over a million coins a day like our famous no-Unicorn friend, you can splurge on one and have it ready for that lucky day.

Thanks Sand. I have a looooong way to go before I reach that kind of income. I currently have 37 of the 60 available creatures with 4 or 5 supers. I guess I'm rather fortunate in that way as my last two breed attempts have produced a Grassquatch and an Ocean Owl. No Unicorn though after countless fails, so worrying about having 6 million coins to spend is really putting the cart before the horse. Or Unicorn ;-)

8hat
10-06-14, 12:39 PM
My child got one with Thunderhawk and chromadile. Very exciting.

Ooh, I was about to ask if anyone had gotten one with lightning as one of the four elements. I've been using the couples list from the game guide and only have a couple of the lightning breeds...now if I don't get my crystal unicorn maybe I will get some of the lightning hybrids as happy fails while still trying for the unicorn. :cool:

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 01:41 PM
I got mine with Pegasus and mammoth so yes electric is one of the ingredients for breeding the cute-adorable unicorn

zenobia42
10-06-14, 09:39 PM
Can someone please read the timer on this screenshot I just took. Because I took an ambien shortly beforehand and I am afraid I am hallucinating

I am also afraid my squeeing woke up my neighbors.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15899

arikatu
10-06-14, 10:09 PM
Can someone please read the timer on this screenshot I just took. Because I took an ambien shortly beforehand and I am afraid I am hallucinating

I do believe your eyes aren't deceiving you! Hahaha. A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS. So happy for you, you definitely deserve it. ;)

zenobia42
10-06-14, 10:14 PM
Thanks, arikatu! I am SUPER excited! I already started building my gem habitat. It will be ready LONG before the unicorn hatches but I might get impatient and spend a few gems to crack open her shell a little early.

I still don't really believe it! I really thought it would never happen for me. After SO many tries. For months. It's a Christmas miracle lol!

Bambamstad
10-07-14, 12:26 AM
Thanks, arikatu! I am SUPER excited! I already started building my gem habitat. It will be ready LONG before the unicorn hatches but I might get impatient and spend a few gems to crack open her shell a little early.

I still don't really believe it! I really thought it would never happen for me. After SO many tries. For months. It's a Christmas miracle lol!

Congrats at getting the unicorn ����
I hope you do not need another 200 tries for the emerald dragon...

my607
10-07-14, 03:54 AM

Congrats on your unicorn! I hope I'm next to get. So happy for you.

SANDSCApe
10-07-14, 04:21 AM
Congratulations to Zenobia upon finally breeding the Crystal Unicorn! (Either that, or she has stumbled across a new ultra-rare breed that NOBODY else has.)
I discovered this on a different thread because, of course this news is EVERYWHERE, as were the seemingly never-ending lamentations during her 2-month ordeal.

Zenobia, I am sure there are no words to describe your relief and euphoria. I'll bet my last baby Emerald that you can't sit through 90 hours of unsped breeding and hatching. LOL

Now I sincerely hope that your quest for that Gem-Nature hybrid will be relatively short and sweet, compared to this.

ArcadiaTofu
10-07-14, 04:48 AM

OMG, Zenobia! This is like a miracle for you!! Congrats, hun, you've earned it!

As per my previous comment, tomorrow I shall send you your very own gem gift to celebrate the occasion of your long-fought battle to achieve the Crystal Unicorn :D Hopefully everyone else that reads this thread will follow my example and send you one, too :3

Now you have a (perhaps) harder task: Breeding out an Emerald Dragon. I haven't tried to breed one for the past two weeks, but I suspect it'll be a long, hard road :(

Congrats again, and enjoy your new ultra-rare! It'll definitely help bring in some easy dough!

cquinn32
10-07-14, 05:07 AM

Congrats zenobia!! Enjoy your well deserved unicorn!!!

EviBrooklyn
10-07-14, 06:13 AM
Oh wow... Zen that's such good news. I can't believe it, I thought they had you in a black list of some sort.
I'm so happy for you. Now if I could only send a onyx ox you way :-)
Congrats !!!

lunarbunny
10-07-14, 06:23 AM
Woohoo! Got my unicorn in the den, takes me back to the time I got diamond in ds�� combo was fire glider and chameneon :) soooo happy! And congrats to Zenobia on her unicorn!

zenobia42
10-07-14, 06:40 AM
Congrats, lunarbunny!!!

And a big thank you to everyone's kind words. It's such a silly thing in the big scheme of life, but sometimes it is the little things that make you happy. And when I woke up this morning, I had a big ole smile on my face and had to check yet again that it's real. lol. It took nearly 200 tries by my estimate but I hope it gives hopes to the others out there who have to try as many times to get it that they CAN!

zenobia42
10-07-14, 04:36 PM
lmfao - I just realized that of course I finally got my unicorn a couple days AFTER they changed the evolution time from 16 to 36 hours. LOL! I can't believe it is going to tie up my flower for three days just to get to level 4!!!!!

Hawksmoor
10-07-14, 04:43 PM
Congrats zenobia! See? Dreams really do come true! So, what turned out to be the magic combo for you?

zenobia42
10-07-14, 05:24 PM
Congrats zenobia! See? Dreams really do come true! So, what turned out to be the magic combo for you?

Two lowly, old, commons: plantlers and firefox! I had been using those two (or bamboon and firefox) for a couple days and suddenly BAM! I couldn't believe it! The odds now are so, so, so, so, so low. MUCH lower than they were when it was first released. And every 50 fails or so I thought of giving up the hunt for this beauty. But I just couldn't give up. Or make myself not want it.

Sumercarefree
10-07-14, 06:40 PM
Two lowly, old, commons: plantlers and firefox! I had been using those two (or bamboon and firefox) for a couple days and suddenly BAM! I couldn't believe it! The odds now are so, so, so, so, so low. MUCH lower than they were when it was first released. And every 50 fails or so I thought of giving up the hunt for this beauty. But I just couldn't give up. Or make myself not want it.
congrats.
My Account 2 has no Crystals, although Account 1 has 3.
I think when it comes it just keeps coming. Good Luck.
The Crystal really give a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bluefoxcrystal
10-09-14, 10:16 AM

I know I'm kinda late Zenobia but... Congrats! :D Probably feels like a relief eh?

zenobia42
10-09-14, 10:26 AM
I know I'm kinda late Zenobia but... Congrats! :D Probably feels like a relief eh?

YES! I was so excited I speeded her along a bit. She is now happily cavorting around her habitat as a level 9. :D

goodsoul76
10-11-14, 09:35 PM
Yippee! Just got the 45 hour timer for the breeding pair (peamoth and fire glider)in my den! I think zen's good luck is contagious!

TeabytheSea3
10-11-14, 11:04 PM
Comgratulations Zenobia42! I'm really very happy for you. I know you've got to be ecstatic! And, There is still hope for all of us...lol.

Congratulations Goodsoul76!

Enjoy your need little baby treasures!!

Snowfall0
10-12-14, 01:00 PM
YES! After 27 fails (yes, i counted) I finally got it! I'm so happy right now :)
I got it using lvl 10 thunderbird thing and lvl 4 ember bear.
In DS, I didn't get the diamond dragon after five months dedicated to it. But dreams do come true xD

Goodbye financial problems :D

my607
10-12-14, 01:02 PM
YES! After 27 fails (yes, i counted) I finally got it! I'm so happy right now :)
I got it using lvl 10 thunderbird thing and lvl 4 ember bear.
In DS, I didn't get the diamond dragon after five months dedicated to it. But dreams do come true xD

Goodbye financial problems :D

Congrats that's great news. I'm still trying to breed the unicorn. It's taking forever.

Snowfall0
10-12-14, 01:05 PM
Thanks. Anyway, don't give up. While it does get old, you can get rares and super rares along the way! Half of my rare animals came from trying to get the thing xD

my607
10-12-14, 01:18 PM
Yes, I know and I do have many super rares but it's not the same as the crystal unicorn. I'm frustrated then you see players with two or more of them.

Bambamstad
10-12-14, 01:51 PM
Yes, I know and I do have many super rares but it's not the same as the crystal unicorn. I'm frustrated then you see players with two or more of them.

Keep on trying and finally you will get one.
And i know i better shut up, because i have two of them. If we could trade them i would be glad to help yoo out.

my607
10-12-14, 02:00 PM
Keep on trying and finally you will get one.
And i know i better shut up, because i have two of them. If we could trade them i would be glad to help yoo out.

Yes, I know keep on going. Thanks that's nice of you. :)

tanbi1
10-13-14, 05:39 AM
I am breeding a Hydro Yak and a Rampage, and the breed time is 45 hours. Does this mean I've finally managed to get me a Crystal Unicorn?

my607
10-13-14, 06:04 AM
Yes, it does. Congrats

tanbi1
10-13-14, 06:09 AM
Oh wow!! That's awesome!

my607
10-13-14, 06:10 AM
Oh wow!! That's awesome!

I need that luck right about now.

jptheripper
10-13-14, 09:50 AM
Took me over a month solid but I finally got mine, and then got emerald dragon on second try :)

Snowfall0
10-13-14, 11:10 AM
I just got mine yesterday.

Snowfall0
10-13-14, 11:15 AM
Yeah, don't worry about it. You might feel like you're alone, with so many people posting "I've got it!" And etc, but most people don't have it. It's just that the people that do have it post it on here in excitement.

The majority of players haven't managed to breed it yet. It is hard, that's why it's a super rare.

Lipand5kids
10-13-14, 11:23 AM
It took me many months to get a Crystal Unicorn, I guess to make up for it taking almost 2yrs to get a Diamond in DS, lol. Good luck and hope you all get your Crystal Unicorn. :)

Lipand5kids
10-13-14, 11:25 AM
Took me over a month solid but I finally got mine, and then got emerald dragon on second try :)

Congratulations!
Please if that's ok, what parents did you use to get Emerald Dragon?

Snowfall0
10-13-14, 11:28 AM
Now I have to endure sitting this out. I have a day left in the breeding garden and after that, it'll look all nice on my nest for another two days. Looks like I won't be breeding anything else anytime soon.

I really want to get it to lvl 10, partly for the money and partly for the looks. But that's going to take a LOT of food. I only have a measly 8,000 treats. I need 43,000 to get the unicorn to lvl 10. And since I don't ever buy food.... It's going to take a while.

EviBrooklyn
10-13-14, 10:11 PM
Congratulations!
Please if that's ok, what parents did you use to get Emerald Dragon?

I used the unicorn and panda. You can use unicorn and another animal with nature element on it but I don't think it's worth the time as you might get stuck with long failed breedings. At least unicorn and panda will give you one hour failers. I had over 100 failed ones but I did get the emerald at last. I'll probably go back to breeding unicorn and panda for a 2nd emerald, as soon as I get my zabra, which is the only one I'm missing at the moment.

blinvy2
10-14-14, 09:04 AM
Wow! Fantasy Forest Story is my lucky game, apparently. Just bred my second Crystal unicorn! I put koala cadabra and rainguin together and boom, 45 hour breed time. I can't believe it took me over 2 years maybe 3 to breed one diamond in Dragon Story and now I've got 2 in Forest in less than half a year. I'm loving my luck in this game, a nice break from my non luck in Dragon Story.

my607
10-14-14, 10:13 AM
Wow! Fantasy Forest Story is my lucky game, apparently. Just bred my second Crystal unicorn! I put koala cadabra and rainguin together and boom, 45 hour breed time. I can't believe it took me over 2 years maybe 3 to breed one diamond in Dragon Story and now I've got 2 in Forest in less than half a year. I'm loving my luck in this game, a nice break from my non luck in Dragon Story.

Congrats on your unicorn. That's awesome send me your luck because I have none

brandonu
10-15-14, 02:22 PM
4 elements basically non stop for a while, except for the occasional break for a new electric hybrid. It's yielded a ton of super rares and rares.

Just put lvl 4 planther and lvl 4 conducktor in the den and got 45 hours. SO HAPPY!

This will also give me plenty of time to drop my Owl Bear egg on the nest too ; )

zenobia42
10-15-14, 03:07 PM
4 elements basically non stop for a while, except for the occasional break for a new electric hybrid. It's yielded a ton of super rares and rares.

Just put lvl 4 planther and lvl 4 conducktor in the den and got 45 hours. SO HAPPY!

This will also give me plenty of time to drop my Owl Bear egg on the nest too ; )

CONGRATS, brandonu! :D :D :D

Dune_s
10-16-14, 01:25 AM
It says 45 hours!!!! Nerida 15 lv+ Volcamel 10 lv. I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cquinn32
10-16-14, 08:18 AM
Congrats to everyone on your recent success!!

blinvy2
10-16-14, 09:09 AM
Congrats on your unicorn. That's awesome send me your luck because I have none

I'm definitely trying to send some luck your way. Trust me, I know how upsetting and discouraging it can be for everyone around you to be popping up with ultra rares galore while you languish away for years with none. You will get a crystal unicorn, just keep putting every mix of 4 colours imaginable together. Do it trying for other creatures and eventually, when you least expect it, 45 hours will pop up. Good luck! :)

brandonu
10-16-14, 10:49 AM
CONGRATS, brandonu! :D :D :D

Thanks! I never got a Diamond Pegasus playing Monster Story until it was retired so I am happy to get the equivalent here.

Dune_s
10-16-14, 02:28 PM
Thank you!!!! 4 months of setbacks. I was very upset and wanted to delete the game, but the miracle happened! Sorry for my English, is the translator))))

my607
10-16-14, 04:46 PM
I'm definitely trying to send some luck your way. Trust me, I know how upsetting and discouraging it can be for everyone around you to be popping up with ultra rares galore while you languish away for years with none. You will get a crystal unicorn, just keep putting every mix of 4 colours imaginable together. Do it trying for other creatures and eventually, when you least expect it, 45 hours will pop up. Good luck! :)

I hope not years. That would be a long long time. Hopefully sooner the better. I do have lots of super rares but not the same as unicorn. Thanks

zenobia42
10-16-14, 05:12 PM
I hope not years. That would be a long long time. Hopefully sooner the better. I do have lots of super rares but not the same as unicorn. Thanks

I think it's YOUR turn, next! Overdue for your turn, in fact! Don't give up hope!

GreasedLightening
10-16-14, 05:27 PM
Omg..finally got 45 hours with raccoon L7 and simian L 4. I again thank all who post their successes here. Wooh hoo!!!!

my607
10-16-14, 05:31 PM
I think it's YOUR turn, next! Overdue for your turn, in fact! Don't give up hope!

Thanks Zen I hope so too. I'm getting jealous

my607
10-16-14, 05:38 PM
I think I should do common animals to get unicorn like the ones that annoy me when I get them Firefox , armadillos and etc. I hope it works soon

Sumercarefree
10-16-14, 07:37 PM
Omg..finally got 45 hours with raccoon L7 and simian L 4. I again thank all who post their successes here. Wooh hoo!!!!
Account 1 had early success with 2 unicorns and 1 Emerald.
Account 2 I tried a few times and gave up. Will try again a few times.

zenobia42
10-16-14, 08:43 PM
I think I should do common animals to get unicorn like the ones that annoy me when I get them Firefox , armadillos and etc. I hope it works soon

For me, using the 4 elements that are most likely to make fails that at least fill gaps in my album made the looooooooong journey go a little better, because that way, if I got a super or a creature I had previously lacked, it wasn't really a fail. It was just fulfilling a lesser goal than the unicorn but still fulfilling a goal which felt good. It didn't feel like another fail.

xxxe
10-18-14, 06:24 AM
So, ever since I could, I have been breeding 4 elements every single time. It's interfering with me getting the new creatures they release because I always put 4 elements in instead of just the two I want. I'm sure I've bred over 150-200 creatures by now? I have been playing since July. Anybody else have this problem? It would make me feel better if somebody else still hasn't gotten that darn unicorn.

my607
10-18-14, 06:43 AM
I'm level 38 and still no unicorn. I'm going to cry soon. You are not alone. Plus, I go visit and they have 2 unicorn and one more on the nest. This is unfair I have tried many four elements but nothing yet.

Splashy81
10-18-14, 02:29 PM
I feel your frustration! I was on level 30 when I FINALLY bred the unicorn, but that was when level 30 was the highest level, before TL raised the level cap to 40. It took me around 230 potential, 4-element breeding combos to get the unicorn. I know this because I take screenshots of all my breed attempts.

Keep on trying!! It will happen! Also, I don't think it would hurt to "take a break" from the 4-element combos every now & then to try for a new creature. In fact, I think that can possibly be a good thing!

I got my unicorn when I tried something different, on a whim. I had been breeding many lower-level creatures on levels 4 & 7; using a wide variety of creatures/levels, with occasional repeats thrown in the mix. One day, I decided to put a L/15 Rainguin & L/15 Jackolope in the den & was pretty shocked when I got the unicorn!

I can't say for sure, but maybe it was that I tried something differnt that made the difference!? Good luck!!

zenobia42
10-18-14, 03:00 PM
I was level 40 for WEEKS before I finally got my unicorn. I had been playing the game since the week ti released. Unicorn miracles DO happen! Don't give up hope, guys. :)

my607
10-18-14, 03:28 PM
I do take a break from unicorn. I also want to fill my album so I use one element. Thanks for the encouragement.

zenobia42
10-18-14, 06:24 PM
I do take a break from unicorn. I also want to fill my album so I use one element. Thanks for the encouragement.

Since I got mine, I've been trying to will any luck I can spare your way... if my luck wish works for you in the time frame Brooklyn did for me, you'll get it in a few weeks. ;)

my607
10-18-14, 07:56 PM
Since I got mine, I've been trying to will any luck I can spare your way... if my luck wish works for you in the time frame Brooklyn did for me, you'll get it in a few weeks. ;)

Thank you Zen. Hopefully, sooner than few weeks but who knows. It's complicated and frustrating. Oh well, glad I'm not the only one.

cquinn32
10-18-14, 09:35 PM
Just got this on my secondary account!!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/91692596d0ee1838a25966e87aaa7633_zps91939aa7.jpg
Just keep trying it will happen!!

my607
10-19-14, 04:40 AM
Congratulations!

SANDSCApe
10-19-14, 08:51 AM
I've been pairing Shock Fox & Chromadile for a while, aiming at a whole bunch of breeds missing from Satyr Sanctuary. The pool of Electric-Dark-Water-Earth was in the vain hope that I would only get the better classes of hybrid commons as fails. Psshh!

My targets were 11 breeds, including 10 of the 19 missing from my album:
Electric-Dark -- missing Zapra, Elephantom & Koala Cadabra
Electric-Water -- missing Falconch & Conducktor
Electric-Earth -- missing Thunder Mammoth
Dark-Water -- missing Sea Drake & Sea Lion
Dark-Earth -- missing Dream Bat
Water-Earth -- missing Rockodile
Pure Gem -- seeking a second Crystal Unicorn

I bred the same pair 10 times in a row since October 11th and got:
1. Rainguin
2. Rainguin
3. Chromadile
...(I took a break from breeding to break several prize animals out of storage.)...
4. Shock Fox
5. Koala Cadabra
6. Rainguin
7. Rainguin
8. Thunder Mammoth
9. Hippogryph
10. Crystal Unicorn

The ones in bold text were on the list of targeted breeds. Three out of ten is amazing success, given my penchant for common duplicates!
Rather annoying that the Water-Earth was the most persistent of the commons. But the last two breeds were a huge and pleasant shock.
The ultra-rare breeding marks the end of the road for the ShockFox-Chromadile pair. I'm done chasing Unicorns. From now on, I think my Album will be better blessed with fewer elements thrown together in the Garden.

my607
10-19-14, 09:05 AM
That great news Sand. Congrats!

luna2cute
10-19-14, 02:16 PM
I am still trying for unicorn...tough one. And a few regular rares I can't get either. Lol. But still trying! :)

my607
10-19-14, 07:33 PM
I am still trying for unicorn...tough one. And a few regular rares I can't get either. Lol. But still trying! :)

Your not the only one trying for unicorn so am I. It feels like forever.

yanlynnhtoo
10-19-14, 07:36 PM
I got it with Terrorier and hedgehoge ! and that was unexpected !!
So happy

mikemike28
10-21-14, 05:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0Ojf05L.jpg

i just got my 6th unicorn from beagle and the crocodile :) unexpected breeding!

my607
10-21-14, 05:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0Ojf05L.jpg

i just got my 6th unicorn from beagle and the crocodile :) unexpected breeding!

That's great. But I don't have any.

maizee0404
10-22-14, 10:26 AM
Finally have one breeding :) magacore and aquatter :)

sanya87
10-22-14, 01:49 PM
Finally have one breeding :) magacore and aquatter :)

Congrats, thats how i got mine too :)

maizee0404
10-22-14, 02:50 PM
Congrats, thats how i got mine too :)

Thanks was a total suprise couldnt belive it when i seen the time :) now if i could only get the last pony im missing pegasus :)

sweetypies97
10-23-14, 11:52 PM
Now that I have worked out how to post screen shots, look what happened in my forest yesterday:

kbli7355
10-24-14, 08:06 AM
I'm level 12 now, managed to get a unicorn until I reach 15. I'm planing on pairing Iciclaw and Solar Simian. Would that work? Any suggestions from people who already got unicorn? I'm so excited but I'm also afraid. Thank you so much, and congrats to the ones who already got a unicorn!

GreasedLightening
10-24-14, 11:29 AM
I'm level 12 now, managed to get a unicorn until I reach 15. I'm planing on pairing Iciclaw and Solar Simian. Would that work? Any suggestions from people who already got unicorn? I'm so excited but I'm also afraid. Thank you so much, and congrats to the ones who already got a unicorn!

Just got 45 hour breed....using terrier and falcon....this is number 2 for me....first breed combo was raccoon and simian. Hope this helps.

kbli7355
10-24-14, 09:36 PM
Just got 45 hour breed....using terrier and falcon....this is number 2 for me....first breed combo was raccoon and simian. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, I'll probably gonna have to go thru all possible pairs(Hopefully not). People who already got unicorns cheered me up. Crystal Unicorn is not impossible. And congrats!!

DragonMoon006
10-26-14, 05:20 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/imagejpg1_zpse55de937.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/imagejpg1_zpse55de937.jpg.html)

I got IT!!! Yes!!!!

DragonMoon006
10-26-14, 05:22 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/imagejpg2_zps8351e1e8.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/imagejpg2_zps8351e1e8.jpg.html)

A bouquet for all my nbrs and visitors..thank you for visiting and accepting me into the Unicorn Club :p

kbli7355
10-26-14, 08:50 PM
Congrats! I want it so bad but I haven't reach 15 yet. Hope it won't take me a long time!

kbli7355
10-27-14, 12:23 PM
How much is the smallest dark habitat? I'm almost level 14 and want to get skyger right away and breed some dark animals before reaching 15.

sanya87
10-27-14, 12:43 PM
How much is the smallest dark habitat? I'm almost level 14 and want to get skyger right away and breed some dark animals before reaching 15.

It costs 190 000 coins.

kbli7355
10-27-14, 07:55 PM
Thank you

DragonMoon006
10-31-14, 08:52 AM
Congrats! I want it so bad but I haven't reach 15 yet. Hope it won't take me a long time!

Thank you and hope u get one too and soon.. Unicorn is soooo cute as a baby..wish i dont hv to evolve her..but sadly for breeding purposes hv to :( Hopefully I'll get a 2nd one to keep as a baby :)

Anniemon89
11-01-14, 07:16 PM
I got mine breeding magmacore and aurora pegasus :D

zenobia42
11-01-14, 07:51 PM
Congrats Annie and all these other newcomers getting the unicorn! I had to sit at level 30 (the old level cap) for many weeks, THEN at level 40 for many more weeks before getting my first and still my only unicorn. I hope you guys appreciate how lucky you are to get it in the teens and 20s levels! There are folks who have been around and trying as long as me and STILL don't have one. Congrats.

kbli7355
11-01-14, 09:31 PM
I finally reached level 15 woo hoo!! About to start breeding it!

kbli7355
11-01-14, 09:35 PM
Thank you and hope u get one too and soon.. Unicorn is soooo cute as a baby..wish i dont hv to evolve her..but sadly for breeding purposes hv to :( Hopefully I'll get a 2nd one to keep as a baby :)
I just reached 15 today and about to start breeding it. Good luck for both of us!!

Anniemon89
11-01-14, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Zen! :)
It took me a long time of trying different breeds to finally get the little cutie - the next goal is emerald dragon ^_^
Good luck everyone! Keep breeding you'll get there xX

SilverBunnyDragon
11-02-14, 06:01 AM
I got my third Crystal unicorn today, right on the last few days of the prize event!! -_- Why couldn't it wait a day or two, now my den and breeding nest will be occupied for four days and by then the event will be done. :'( Same thing happened to me on DS with the diamond dragon getting bred the last two days of an event!! :(

my607
11-02-14, 06:14 AM
I got my third Crystal unicorn today, right on the last few days of the prize event!! -_- Why couldn't it wait a day or two, now my den and breeding nest will be occupied for four days and by then the event will be done. :'( Same thing happened to me on DS with the diamond dragon getting bred the last two days of an event!! :(

Congrats! At least you have three unicorn while others have none like me.

my607
11-02-14, 06:52 AM
Congrats Annie. I really need a unicorn so desperate.

zenobia42
11-02-14, 07:59 AM

If I had two ultras, while my friends who have been trying for months and still had none, I would not not be complaining about getting a third. That is a "problem" a lot of people would **** to have and complaining it rains too much for you to people who live in a in desert isn't very thoughtful. If you didn't want one now for some reason, you could easily have put only 2-3 elements in the nest.

my607
11-02-14, 12:56 PM
If I had two ultras, while my friends who have been trying for months and still had none, I would not not be complaining about getting a third. That is a "problem" a lot of people would **** to have and complaining it rains too much for you to people who live in a in desert isn't very thoughtful. If you didn't want one now for some reason, you could easily have put only 2-3 elements in the nest.
Very nicely said zen. I would luv to have one unicorn and be overjoy and three would be great.

kbli7355
11-02-14, 01:33 PM
Ow, come on you lucky dog... I would be overjoyed if I had one, but three? That's an insane luck! Well, Enjoy your third unicorn!

my607
11-02-14, 02:16 PM
Ow, come on you lucky dog... I would be overjoyed if I had one, but three? That's an insane luck! Well, Enjoy your third unicorn!

I agree too. Just imagine how much you earn with three unicorn. I would jump for joy.

Melis2a84
11-02-14, 08:15 PM
Yay just got my second unicorn on the nest! Well done silverbunnydragon congrats!

Good luck kbli7355 hope it comes fingers crossed :D

My607 please keep trying i used iciclaw and jackalope for both I just keep breeding and breeding until 45hrs comes up it will eventually come don't give up hope I hope this helps maybe try breeding these two continuously xxx

stoneflower8
11-03-14, 01:53 AM
I am a candidate for Guinness - I'm level 40 and I have Unicorn!

my607
11-03-14, 04:14 AM
Yay just got my second unicorn on the nest! Well done silverbunnydragon congrats!

My607 please keep trying i used iciclaw and jackalope for both I just keep breeding and breeding until 45hrs comes up it will eventually come don't give up hope I hope this helps maybe try breeding these two continuously xxx
Thanks but sometimes it's frustrating when you breed and it's common animal.

my607
11-03-14, 04:43 AM

I will give it a few try soon. That's great luck when it's same animals. Thanks for info

SANDSCApe
11-03-14, 07:24 AM

Oh dear! That really CAN be a problem if you don't yet have 3300 pumpkins and don't have gems to speed the Crystal Unicorn through. A poorly timed ultra could mean a player misses out on Skeletal Dragon which of course CANNOT BE BRED. So despite what the critical flock is bleating here, this really could be unfortunate, especially since the extra Unicorn is not really needed, at least not now of all times.

I'm gonna hope (not assume) that the Unicorn you've bred will not interfere with your successful completion of the World Event. But if it's truly an obstacle and IF IT IS NOT ON YOUR NEST YET, leave the pair in the Garden and buy Frostfang or Rhino eggs to keep collecting pumpkins (or even Leopard eggs if you're loaded with millions of coins -- LOL). Then put the Unicorn to nest when the World Event is over.

I see your news was met with the usual rancor reserved for players evil enough to have multiple ultras. A word of caution: there are players here who are quick to pass judgment on any ultra-endowed person who dares to complain (even lightheartedly) about ANYTHING related to Gem animals. Whether you're commenting on your own breedings or protesting on behalf of those who are having trouble with ultra-breeding, don't you dare open your mouth unless you wear the sacred badge of the deprived.

SilverBunnyDragon
11-03-14, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the advice about the buying eggs for the nest and leaving the unicorn in the den!! :) I spazzed out and forgot about the ability to buy eggs!! XD I will definitely use that if this happens again during a world event, since I always use four elements in my breeding den, not to try to get a unicorn, but because I HATE getting the same commons over and over again, so sticking four elements gives me a wider variety of fails and a chance to get super rares and rares I don't have. :3

Oh dear! That really CAN be a problem if you don't yet have 3300 pumpkins and don't have gems to speed the Crystal Unicorn through. A poorly timed ultra could mean a player misses out on Skeletal Dragon which of course CANNOT BE BRED. So despite what the critical flock is bleating here, this really could be unfortunate, especially since the extra Unicorn is not really needed, at least not now of all times.

I'm gonna hope (not assume) that the Unicorn you've bred will not interfere with your successful completion of the World Event. But if it's truly an obstacle and IF IT IS NOT ON YOUR NEST YET, leave the pair in the Garden and buy Frostfang or Rhino eggs to keep collecting pumpkins (or even Leopard eggs if you're loaded with millions of coins -- LOL). Then put the Unicorn to nest when the World Event is over.

I see your news was met with the usual rancor reserved for players evil enough to have multiple ultras. A word of caution: there are players here who are quick to pass judgment on any ultra-endowed person who dares to complain (even lightheartedly) about ANYTHING related to Gem animals. Whether you're commenting on your own breedings or protesting on behalf of those who are having trouble with ultra-breeding, don't you dare open your mouth unless you wear the sacred badge of the deprived.

night123b
11-03-14, 10:20 PM
Was wondering if there was a way to get this beautiful creature without having to expand to frostfang. I'm currently level 10, and am thinking into the future! Lol! But I want to bypass frostfang... Is there any animal that can add water or electrical or dark? I'm kinda new! Haha!!

zenobia42
11-03-14, 10:31 PM
You need to expand to frostfang to get water. And you need to mix fire and water to get dark. And you need to expand a lot more times to get electrical. And you need 4 elements (any 4, but no less than 4), to breed a unicorn, There is no shortcut other than spending $75 to buy instead of breed it. But you cannot buy a gem habitat to hold a unicorn until you are level 15 anyway.

Also, for many players, despite attempting to get the unicron every days for months, still do not have it. You may be lucky and get it your first try. But you may still be here in 3 months still trying. That beauty is elusive.

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 03:12 AM
Was wondering if there was a way to get this beautiful creature without having to expand to frostfang. I'm currently level 10, and am thinking into the future! Lol! But I want to bypass frostfang... Is there any animal that can add water or electrical or dark? I'm kinda new! Haha!!

You can only breed your FIRST Crystal Unicorn with 4 distinct elements. If you don't do the Frostfang expansion, you'll be limited to 3 elements and the other hybrids will not unlock for you. Your only other way would be to BUY a Unicorn upon reaching Level 15.
Also, if you don't release the Frostfang, you will restrict yourself to the state of the game as it was before general release. You will be stuck with just the first 11 open plots plus the one expansion prior to the Frostfang. That means no Mine, no Tournaments, probably no World Events. Your only Battleground will be the Ancient Sloth course, because the game will not let you compete to win any animal whose elements you have not unlocked. You cannot expand beyond the Frostfang's plot without releasing it. Bypass is impossible.
Get your Frostfang puppy and evolve him promptly to start having more fun breeding. Once you reach Level 15, start breeding with 4 elements. You may end up breeding lots of wonderful creatures as Unicorn fails, like all the super-rares Zenobia bred on her path to this creature. Those Unicorn fails made her a millionaire! No joke.

night123b
11-04-14, 06:26 PM
Oh ok. Thank you! Um... How do I make enough money to unlock expansions so I can be well on my way to get the unicorn?

zenobia42
11-04-14, 06:33 PM
Oh ok. Thank you! Um... How do I make enough money to unlock expansions so I can be well on my way to get the unicorn?

I make lots of money by investing nearly all the money I earn into leveling up my critters (and their habitats) so they make me more money, and saving for expansion every once in a while. Good luck!

my607
11-04-14, 07:09 PM
I make pretty good money too but don't have any ultra animals.

kbli7355
11-04-14, 08:19 PM

Thank you so much my friend! Add me as your neighbor if you'd like to, so you can share the joy when I get my first unicorn. I just started breeding today with Iciclaw and Solar Simian and the first fail is 13hrs (Rampage or Sea Horse, not a bad fail since I don't have any of them). It's a good start! I won't give up!

Buttercup0001
11-04-14, 09:42 PM
Congratulations to all players that have breed the crystal unicorn, especially the newer players breeding one. Im on level 30, have been playing since the game was released, have tried and tried but alas still no crystal unicorn. Now that the trick or treat event is over ill be dedicating my playing time to breeding the elusive crystal unicorn. Best of luck to all that are trying for one and hoping sooner rather than later we get one :)

SANDSCApe
11-05-14, 03:39 AM

You are doing the right thing with the Panda drones, but the only expansion standing in your way of breeding for the Unicorn is the FROSTFANG EXPANSION. After that, you need EXPERIENCE (not necessarily expansions) to reach LEVEL 15, where breeding for Crystal Unicorn is enabled.
But you have a serious problem with your expansions that only Support@TeamLava.com can fix.
I don't know how you managed to bypass both the expansion to the Frostfang AND the expansion to the Mine. It shouldn't be possible because those expansions are necessary. I've never seen anything like what's happening in your forest. You have the wrong obstacles on your land and it shouldn't be possible for you to be up on the Ice Cliff already with your Frostfang and Mine still locked up. The Ice Cliff should not open up for expansion until the 5th expansion is completed on the Green Cliff. The 5th should occur where your Evolution Flower is now sitting, but that plot should not be available to you yet.
The expansions seem to have unlocked in the wrong order for your forest. There should be only 3 expansions possible without runes; yet you've done 4!! Are you BUYING runes? I hope not. You are supposed to mine for runes to expand; but now how are you going to expand to the Mine? I don't think the game even gives you explosives before you open the Mine. This whole thing is out of sync. You need to contact Support and have your game checked out.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa22bc399.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa22bc399.jpg.html)

night123b
11-05-14, 05:27 AM
You are doing the right thing with the Panda drones, but the only expansion standing in your way of breeding for the Unicorn is the FROSTFANG EXPANSION. After that, you need EXPERIENCE (not necessarily expansions) to reach LEVEL 15, where breeding for Crystal Unicorn is enabled.
But you have a serious problem with your expansions that only Support@TeamLava.com can fix.
I don't know how you managed to bypass both the expansion to the Frostfang AND the expansion to the Mine. It shouldn't be possible because those expansions are necessary. I've never seen anything like what's happening in your forest. You have the wrong obstacles on your land and it shouldn't be possible for you to be up on the Ice Cliff already with your Frostfang and Mine still locked up. The Ice Cliff should not open up for expansion until the 5th expansion is completed on the Green Cliff. The 5th should occur where your Evolution Flower is now sitting, but that plot should not be available to you yet.
The expansions seem to have unlocked in the wrong order for your forest. There should be only 3 expansions possible without runes; yet you've done 4!! Are you BUYING runes? I hope not. You are supposed to mine for runes to expand; but now how are you going to expand to the Mine? I don't think the game even gives you explosives before you open the Mine. This whole thing is out of sync. You need to contact Support and have your game checked out.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa22bc399.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa22bc399.jpg.html)

O.O?!? Weeiirrrd... Never guessed my garden was wonky. I haven't bought any runes yet. It started me out with 10 runes, and I'll probably have to buy 2 to get my "mine" expansion. Then! Experience all the way! Breedin and planting! Ooh yeeeaaaah! Sorry Kooky btw... :( didn't mean to derail the post.

kbli7355
11-05-14, 01:06 PM
Yeah~ that 13hrs fail turned out to be a Sea Horse~my fourth super rare~

zenobia42
11-05-14, 02:28 PM
WHOA! That is messed up lol! How on earth did you DO that, night123b?

kbli7355
11-05-14, 09:31 PM
I think I'm pretty lucky these days. Started breeding unicorn yesterday, and two out of three fails are new creatures on my album, one super rare, one rare. I wonder if I could get to fill many missing animals on my album before I get the unicorn.

dumbpluff
11-06-14, 01:17 AM
I think I'm pretty lucky these days. Started breeding unicorn yesterday, and two out of three fails are new creatures on my album, one super rare, one rare. I wonder if I could get to fill many missing animals on my album before I get the unicorn.

that seems to be everyone's general outlook! i haven't tried for the unicorn yet - i had the really 'smart' idea to go and fill up my album first and then work on the gems afterwards - but i wish you luck and congrats on your new little pixel children! \o/

night123b
11-06-14, 03:28 AM
WHOA! That is messed up lol! How on earth did you DO that, night123b?

Just gave me the option to expand there. Lol!!

inespay
11-06-14, 08:09 AM
I have been trying for 3 months now to get the unicorn. I am drained. Getting commons is getting to me. I tried everything. I don't get it.

my607
11-06-14, 10:55 AM
I have been trying for 3 months now to get the unicorn. I am drained. Getting commons is getting to me. I tried everything. I don't get it.

I have been trying since this game was release I think about five months or so. So you not alone being unicornless I'm level 40 now. Some people have all the luck in this game. But I'm not giving up on crystal it's just the waiting is so annoying and getting commons too. But in the meantime, we just have to be patient and wait

Buttercup0001
11-06-14, 05:47 PM
I have been trying since this game was release I think about five months or so. So you not alone being unicornless I'm level 40 now. Some people have all the luck in this game. But I'm not giving up on crystal it's just the waiting is so annoying and getting commons too. But in the meantime, we just have to be patient and wait
I'm unicornless as well :( I'm at level 30 and have been trying since I unlocked the frostfang. Have tried many numerous combos as well as try other players combo and still no unicorn. Its so frustrating when all im breeding is commons after commons. Id like to thank all players that have left their breeding combos on this forum .:)

my607
11-06-14, 06:10 PM
I'm unicornless as well :( I'm at level 30 and have been trying since I unlocked the frostfang. Have tried many numerous combos as well as try other players combo and still no unicorn. Its so frustrating when all im breeding is commons after commons. Id like to thank all players that have left their breeding combos on this forum .:)
Well seekerbears just got unicorn so don't give up. Good luck

my607
11-06-14, 06:26 PM

I get commons, rare and super rare but mostly commons . I did one combo like seven times

Buttercup0001
11-06-14, 08:15 PM
Well seekerbears just got unicorn so don't give up. Good luck

Goodluck to you as well. Breeding iciclaw with jackalope atm 1st try with these two no luck got another 5 hrs left till I try again.

Question: Does breeding with electric give you a better chance at getting a unicorn?

I was thinking of trying the combination of earth, water fire & electric

EviBrooklyn
11-06-14, 08:48 PM
Many people got a unicorn by adding electric to the mix. But the failed breedings are so long. I breeded my 2nd emerald by throwing the gold lion in the mix.

xxxe
11-07-14, 08:40 AM
I have good luck with rares and supers, well kinda, but still no luck with the Unicorn. I wonder if they will allow a boost like they do in DS. I want this dang unicorn! Lol

my607
11-07-14, 09:23 AM
I have good luck with rares and supers, well kinda, but still no luck with the Unicorn. I wonder if they will allow a boost like they do in DS. I want this dang unicorn! Lol

So does everyone else who doesn't have it.

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone for your breeding combo. I probably should had tried for this innthe beginning where I probably would had more a chance to get it soon then now with all these animals out. I'm trying iciclaw and jackalope right now & got 14 hrs. I'll keep trying until I get tired of this combo & switch with something else lol

kbli7355
11-07-14, 12:53 PM
This sure is frustrating but I found a lot of fun with the anticipation on each one of my tries. Good luck for us all, guys! I believe if we keep on trying without stopping, we'll eventually get this cutie!! Unicorn is NOT impossible!!

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:02 PM
Mines in egg now!!

my607
11-07-14, 03:03 PM
Mines in egg now!!

What does that mean? Confuse

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:11 PM
What does that mean? Confuse

It means that my crystal unicorn is in a egg

xxxe
11-07-14, 03:16 PM
It means that my crystal unicorn is in a egg

Congrats! Now you can try for the Emerald and the new pretty Ruby!

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:21 PM
Congrats! Now you can try for the Emerald and the new pretty Ruby!

Thx hope you get yours soon

my607
11-07-14, 03:29 PM
Thx hope you get yours soon

Congrats! Which combos did u use?