PDA

View Full Version : Bored with the Boars....

rick1958
07-23-14, 11:44 AM
Am I alone in being tired of the frequency boars are showing up now-a-days?!?!?! Has this become a way to leech our energy reserves (after increasing the max from 30 to 40 some time ago)?
They were "fun" when they gave items we needed but I am seeing them more often that all the other "monsters" put together.........

dragoniakingdom
07-23-14, 11:50 AM
If you get one in an area you don't use very often,just leave it there as no others will show up while it is there.

This works well providing you don't want any of the other beasts as they will not show up either while you have a boar "trapped".

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 12:37 PM
During the midsummer caravan I was also on the troll part 1. I managed to max out on boar tusks from having no more than 20 at the start of the challenge so in 6 days I had somewhere between 35 and 80 boars turn up, I know some boar tusks were a double drop. So even if half of those were double drops that's around 50 boars. I even parked a few. But couldn't park for long cause I needed access to where he was standing. Longest I could park one was 4 hours cause he covered the sparkling mines. I did wait a little on purpose to get feral magic and tusks, but I didn't expect 3 every 40 energy or so. Thankfully since the swamp went in I've seen more other monsters and a significant reduction in attacks.

brdwybaby
07-24-14, 01:17 AM
I agree, the boars have gotten out of control. They pop up EVERYWHERE. It's gotten so if I don't have one parked in a corner somewhere to avoid another, I'm afraid to collect from anything! It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't demand such a high amount of energy.

PurpleScorpion76
07-24-14, 08:49 AM
I started to get afraid to collect from ponds. Must be psychic. It always popped up.

mcsyndrome
07-25-14, 02:18 AM
I absolutely agree, it's getting to the point where the abundance of boars is taking away from my enjoyment of the game. I don't want to keep one on the screen because it takes away from the aesthetic of my kingdom, also because I need to collect rat tails from skunkupines. Please, please, please tweak the frequency of boars appearing!

SuziMisterman
07-25-14, 05:02 AM
I really enjoy playing this game, however that BOAR has got to go or be tamed down. He's ALWAYS popping up, even when just attacked. I need droppings from the other critters. This BOAR is really starting to bore me with this game. He's ANNOYING as hell !

PurpleScorpion76
07-25-14, 05:29 AM
If you get the swamp it reduces quite considerably. However it is recommended to stock pile boar tusks and feral magic before you place the swamp. As these things are needed after you place the swamp. I ended up fighting enough boars to max out on tusks and getting 9 feral magic.

seishy
07-30-14, 09:51 PM
i wouldn't mind the boars so much if they weren't so unbalanced. With other monsters, you can usually break even with energy. With boars I'm lucky to leave with half the energy back it took to **** the stupid thing. Usually when one pops up I leave it until i get down to 8 energy, then I go **** it and go for whatever it was covering. Of course very often another one pops right back up as soon as I even move.

rick1958
08-07-14, 05:17 PM
I really enjoy playing this game, however that BOAR has got to go or be tamed down. He's ALWAYS popping up, even when just attacked. I need droppings from the other critters. This BOAR is really starting to bore me with this game. He's ANNOYING as hell !

I got FOUR in a row today!

rick1958
08-07-14, 05:18 PM
If you get the swamp it reduces quite considerably. However it is recommended to stock pile boar tusks and feral magic before you place the swamp. As these things are needed after you place the swamp. I ended up fighting enough boars to max out on tusks and getting 9 feral magic.

Are you referring to the swampy pond? Because I have had it since day 1 and it does nothing to the boar rate.

Seriously700
08-08-14, 07:59 AM

The swamp only temporarily reduces the boar spawn rate and it's recommended that you stock up before placing it. You don't quite need to max, But I forget the numbers offhand. Maybe enough for supplies for 3 feral lands adventures?

As the story proceeds, there is a point where the boars start appearing very frequently again. I've been at that point for a while now. It is beyond tedious. Many times, if I don't have a monster parked somewhere, I won't collect from coin buildings, berries, cabbage, cocoa, maple trees or ponds until I can collect from things that will spawn a skunkupine or fang beast.

I still don't understand why the knowledge shard for monsters doesn't improve the drop rates or energy return on the dire boars. Or why making peace with the trolls hasn't decreased their appearance rates. Very frustrating.

Seriously700
08-09-14, 05:48 AM
Ugh! I just got a dire boar when I collected from a windmill. I hadn't noticed before that windmills spawned them.

I don't understand why my multi-colored hedge spawns the boars. Seems like it is the skunkupines that like the flowers.

walilacsh
08-18-14, 10:48 PM
I thought that stupid boar quest was supposed to reduce or eliminate the boars. They are so frustrating - popping up one right after another, stealing all your energy, giving so little in return! I can't collect from anything without their interference. I wish we could turn them OFF!

cghost2
08-28-14, 12:59 AM
Agree!! They are way more active than other monsters. Everytime I discovered a boar in my kingdom I just leave it tree and come back to **** it after all collecting is done. I really hate them - 8 hits to **** but only drop 2-4 energy, same amount of energy drop for skunkupine! At lease increase the amount of energy it drops please!!

Liloze
08-28-14, 07:19 AM
I did park Dire Boars ( for weeks) whenever they got out of hand! If this pest shows up in a space you do not need or near a coin building, just leave it there. This way you make sure to go about your collecting without hindrance, until you need tusks again, or anything that the Dire Boar drops.
Now I parked a fang beast, near my crops' field, because I got 5 consecutively and I have had it with them ;)
Just my 2 cents :)

marrrina
08-28-14, 08:45 AM
A skunkupine once in a while would be nice. They're on the endangered species list. Meanwhile I'm maxed out on everything a boar has to offer.

CranberrySweet
08-30-14, 03:00 PM
So... If I put my swamp in storage, will I get more boars? I've been trying for over a week to get a flipping feral magic to give to Kaz. I'm at 4/5 and I keep fighting boars, but they don't seem to drop... Like, ever.

PurpleScorpion76
10-02-14, 10:56 AM
Are you referring to the swampy pond? Because I have had it since day 1 and it does nothing to the boar rate.

I'd literally only had the swamp in for a short while when I posted this, I now retract my statement, dire boar after dire boar is getting beyond a joke.

mulan12
10-03-14, 05:01 PM
I too am bored with the boars! They only give off to the four energy and make you tap 8 times. They're a pain in the butt! I need to be ran out of the kingdom!

Flowersandgems
11-07-14, 07:29 PM
I am sick of the dire boars. I got five in about as many minutes. They are ruining enjoyment of the game. If you lock them up you won't get any rats tails. Really love this game, please change the dire boars frequency!