PDA

View Full Version : Last chance option to finish special events after the event is over.

ragingray
07-23-14, 12:33 AM
Recently failed to finish the Spellfire Dragon arena event. Not TL's fault, not my fault (Had 3 rounds to go but lost internet access until the event was over), could have easily used three ultimates and sped up three time with the 700 gold i had.

My suggestion is similar to what Castle story does. If you failed to complete the event on time, the last window allows you the chance to spend gold to finish the whole event off. it is like a safety net, no one gets a advantage, it's a last chance, not like a quest, it's a yes/no prompt, that you have to accept/decline to clear the window forcing the player to chose on the spot, once lost, you don't get to change your mind. TL gets a chance to ask players to spend gold(We all know TL loves players spending gold), players though no fault of there own ie bad network access/flat battery etc etc can still complete the event with gold, which all event currently allow anyway, during the event.

You get the idea, allow people who made a attempt at finishing the event a chance, to use gold to complete the event, and the further you got the cheaper the completion cost, maybe add a tiny/small penalty for not finishing during the given time.

Regards
RagingRay

lectraplayer
07-23-14, 08:35 AM
To me that sounds like trying to win a football game after the clock expires in the fourth quarter. All results are final at this point. Otherwise, I'm sure Georgia would have used their gold against Alabama last year in the SEC Championship Game. Roll Tide. ;)

ragingray
07-30-14, 11:27 PM
Well if your going to use such a bad analogy, lets try to see if you still think it's the same...
I'm not sure of American football rules, but i'm sure there is something like other codes, called "injury time" or "stopping the game clock". Just about any ball sport, makes allowances for the players who get injured to be removed from the game without either side losing time from the game. Well i think losing internet access is a big injury, perhaps you know of a way to play Dragon Story with out internet access, please tell.