PDA

View Full Version : Pyre Festival Survey

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-22-14, 03:07 PM
Show of hands...who thinks we are gonna need the exact same resources for the upcoming festival that we just gave to the caravan?

Or maybe we'll need spicy feasts, trade tickets and golden nuggets/eggs/apples, since that's the reward for the caravan??

Or if you think it's gonna be something completely different, what ya gonna stockpile?

KadeeDid
07-22-14, 03:40 PM
Or if you think it's gonna be something completely different, what ya gonna stockpile?

Stockpile everything!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-22-14, 03:42 PM
Stockpile everything!
LOL!!! Well that narrows it down for me, thanks, I'll get right on that lol.

perry5
07-22-14, 04:12 PM
Mithril!! Or is that just wishful thinking since I finally broke down and bought the dragon! lol

roguebee
07-22-14, 04:23 PM
It's obvious we are going to need pyre crystals for the festival...

CottageRose
07-22-14, 05:31 PM
Hmmmm... Think I may have some of those in the back of the pantry. :D

CLOVERKAITO
07-22-14, 09:58 PM
Mithril!! Or is that just wishful thinking since I finally broke down and bought the dragon! lol

My Mithril has been maxed out ever since I bought the dragon a few months ago!

I think cooking up a few feasts is a good idea. I'll get right on to it after I made enough bread.

Queenzod
07-22-14, 10:23 PM

I dug around for mine and found a large jar of them, so I do hope we need them! I'm just hoping we don't need wool or any if those dark plants! I'm just gonna stock up on as much as I can and hope for the best. Maybe I'll focus on some inks tomorrow. I'm usually so busy making various glues that I forget about ink.

zenobia42
07-22-14, 10:50 PM
Where is there information about the Pyre Festival? This thread is the first I am hearing about it. Is there like an announcements forum accesed from a different subfolder or something? I am totally lost here. Thanks in advance for any links or other help. :)

suziizme
07-23-14, 01:23 AM
Where is there information about the Pyre Festival? This thread is the first I am hearing about it. Is there like an announcements forum accesed from a different subfolder or something? I am totally lost here. Thanks in advance for any links or other help. :)

We are working on Castle Story: 07/17/2014 Update Midsummer Caravan. Within the next few weeks we should get information about the actual Pyre Festival we're preparing for now.

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 01:45 AM
I'm on level 29 and have no idea what pyre crystals are. So really hoping they aren't part of it!

maguar
07-23-14, 02:59 AM
Looking at the goal pic that Dabag put up I'll make the following guesses
* Chicken soup recipe
* Carnival tokens
* Ribbons
* A use for the campfires
* A new tent building

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Summer%20Caravan/july17caravan-Copy.jpg

labsandboxers
07-23-14, 04:35 AM
A use for campfires would be great. I have no place in my design for them. And would love to use some of the things in storage. Still trying to find a place for my reindeer again, I miss the ice cream dropss

roguebee
07-23-14, 04:37 AM
I'm on level 29 and have no idea what pyre crystals are. So really hoping they aren't part of it!

Pyre crystals came from the Pyre Cavern Quest for the dragons.

tigarlilyvol
07-23-14, 06:06 AM
Searched and way in the back found 100 pyre crystals, didn't remember I had that many left lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-23-14, 06:47 AM
Are you at least level 15 & currently working on the caravan?
In the thread for that, this is in the first post:

1) Your Kingdom is going to be extra busy this month preparing for the upcoming Midsummer Pyre Festival!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-23-14, 06:52 AM
Possibly but maybe not, unless there is a new adventure to get them. (Or a return of the pyre cavern adventure).
The pyre crystals were gathered during the dragon event and from that special adventure (which required special weapons, & dragon scales) for levels ...28+, if I remember right.
The caravan is open to levels 15+ so I assume the same will be true for the upcoming festival and those early level players didn't do the dragon quests...
Nor do they have dragons to go to the pyre caverns.

So hmm, guess we'll see, huh? Lol

Ps. Great guesses, maguar! :)

zenobia42
07-23-14, 07:50 AM
Pyre crystals came from the Pyre Cavern Quest for the dragons.

Oh, dear. I just got my first dragon egg a little over a week ago and I'm still trying to gather my 10 Bestiaries (step ONE of the quest to get a dragon from that egg). (And trying to build 2 additional libraries and level them to 5 during the midsummer caravan is not easy olol.) If this quest requires something I've never even heard of to do with some dragon quest that happens after completing the 9 looooooong parts of the quest to unlock dragon egg incubation... I and a huge number of players are totally left out of this one. :(

Also, I've said it before, but I will say it again: I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they do not have overlapping limited time quests. They ought to have the sense to not just not overlap but also give us at least week to recuperate between time-limited quests. Or they really risk burning players out.

zenobia42
07-23-14, 08:00 AM
A use for campfires would be great. I have no place in my design for them. And would love to use some of the things in storage. Still trying to find a place for my reindeer again, I miss the ice cream drops

I use one of my campfires to decorate my troll neighborhood. It looks good with the trollish weapon rack and troll banner. :)

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 12:58 PM
I can't see how pyre crystals can be used when I'm level 29 and haven't got any or know what they are. It must be achievable for level 15, and I'm almost double that.

tigarlilyvol
07-23-14, 01:20 PM
I can't see how pyre crystals can be used when I'm level 29 and haven't got any or know what they are. It must be achievable for level 15, and I'm almost double that.

We are all just guessing and don't really know what is coming. I really doubt Pyre crystals will come into play, it usually something nobody thinks about.

Queenzod
07-23-14, 01:27 PM
We are all just guessing and don't really know what is coming. I really doubt Pyre crystals will come into play, it usually something nobody thinks about.

Agreed! We don't know, we're just flapping our jaws, lol. There's also the possibility that there's no update tomorrow since we're in the middle of a timed quest.

8hat
07-23-14, 01:35 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?70532-July-sneak-peak-New-update-this-week

Post #20 on page 2 Glimmergate said 'Sure. We've got Fortune Teller updates, a new Caravan (with much better rewards than the usual Caravans ), and the continuation of some Faerie storylines coming up this month!'

The Pyre Festival probably won't get here that quick. With little more than a week left in July, I'll bet it's no update (to finish the timed) or this Faerie hint they've left us.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-23-14, 01:39 PM
Agreed! We don't know, we're just flapping our jaws, lol. There's also the possibility that there's no update tomorrow since we're in the middle of a timed quest.
That's my guess too, especially since the caravan lasts til 7/31... I just started this thread to get an idea of what other players are stocking or think is coming for the festival (which we don't yet know when it will actually be, but sometime "midsummer")

PurpleScorpion ~ look back at post #17. I gave a quick explanation on pyre crystals. They were part of a time limited dragon event. I seriously doubt they will be part of the festival but if they are, there will be a way to acquire them.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-23-14, 01:46 PM
On another note, a neighbor told me that there is a carnival event going on in Farm Story 2. Since I don't play that TL game, I don't know much more than that but am wondering if the pyre festival is gonna be similar .... With a Ferris wheel or other things like it?
Thoughts or speculations?

8hat
07-23-14, 01:48 PM

Eating contest...we're the cooks, of course!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-23-14, 01:53 PM
Eating contest...we're the cooks, of course!
LOL!!! ... Glimmerbulb pies, maybe. Lol

GoodyTwoShoes2
07-23-14, 02:32 PM
I use one of my campfires to decorate my troll neighborhood. It looks good with the trollish weapon rack and troll banner. :)
I have several of my campfires around the Tinker Camp.

perry5
07-23-14, 04:09 PM
A Festival? How about: a Battle of the Minstrels? A flaming sword eating contest? A jousting tornament? A fox hunt? A greased pig grab? Blue ribbons awarded for pickles, preserves and pies? A log chopping contest? A frog jumping contest (the winner of which is promptly turned into a handsome prince by Ivy to win the hand of the fair Sabina)? A few beer tents. That's what will be going on at my festival...what do you think? lol

Queenzod
07-23-14, 04:22 PM
A Festival? How about: a Battle of the Minstrels? A flaming sword eating contest? A jousting tornament? A fox hunt? A greased pig grab? Blue ribbons awarded for pickles, preserves and pies? A log chopping contest? A frog jumping contest (the winner of which is promptly turned into a handsome prince by Ivy to win the hand of the fair Sabina)? A few beer tents. That's what will be going on at my festival...what do you think? lol

I want to go to your festival! Will there be giant deep fried pickles, turkey legs and root beer in leather mugs? Huzzah! Hey, now that I think about it, there's one of those going on this weekend in Estes Park! :)

It sounds like a lot more fun than watching our current characters wandering endlessly, like zombies, around and around.

roguebee
07-23-14, 05:47 PM
I was hoping for deep fried ice cream...

tigarlilyvol
07-23-14, 06:46 PM
My favorite is cotton candy

suziizme
07-23-14, 09:58 PM
My favorite is cotton candy

Skunkupine funnel cakes?

brdwybaby
07-24-14, 01:19 AM
I really hope we don't need 10 million carrots again! :eek:

passinthru8
07-24-14, 01:31 AM
I would love to use some Dragon Scales! I am maxed on those since we got all the new dragons. My Manticores give about 3 fur to every one whisker, which is ridiculous! So I hope they ask for Scales & Furs!!

tigarlilyvol
07-24-14, 07:13 AM
I just put a breakfast buffet in kitchen to cook you know the last thing on the menu when you scroll all the way down, I haven't fixed one in months. I am too paranoid. I need to Breathe, breathe in, breathe out, repeat It's only a game. Yeah works for a few seconds lol

katbtodd
07-24-14, 08:28 AM

Me too

PurpleScorpion76
07-24-14, 08:30 AM
I want to cook yummy puts again but once I'm maxing out on rat tails!

Liloze
07-24-14, 10:56 AM
I would love to use some Dragon Scales! I am maxed on those since we got all the new dragons. My Manticores give about 3 fur to every one whisker, which is ridiculous! So I hope they ask for Scales & Furs!!
Same here ! :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-24-14, 06:36 PM
Some GREAT ideas 'n thoughts, y'all! LOL I'm luv'ing it!!!

I wanna go to perry5's festival with ya Queenzod! (Word on the street -- we get VIP passes! ...cuz we're better-than-short-bus special lol)

We definitely need some sort of eating contest, 8hat - & maybe it *will* be deep fried ice-cream, roguebee --- so we can dub the winner, Sir (or Madam) Munch-A-Lot! Lol
I made some extra breakfast buffets back at the dragon event, tigerlilyvol so now I'm making some extra CAKES ...y'know, just in case lol (eww, hopefully not to put skunkupines on em, suziime! ...but hey, instead of Ivy's super yummy pies, PurpleScorpion76, maybe Bella Donna will show up with some of her scarce skunku-pies ...or we'll *finally* get a recipe for THOSE... Altho, doubtful lol)
S'more food items, etc thoughts:
* Big roasted & smoked BOAR LEGS!!
* Puh-leeease, some sort of Fish 'n Chips dish! My queendom is starting to smell like a seafood dock, it's so overrun by all the fishies lol.
* In addition to bread & water, the summer gazebo also spits out noodles & lemonade ... So, do y'all think we might need either of those for the festival?? (Yeah, I know, the gazebo was only available to levels 20+ ...but maybe it's giving us a hint of items we'll need soon?)
* I also looked more closely at the finer descriptions under each item on the Dabag goal pic you reposted, maguar (cuz I didn't really catch all of that when I was loading my caravan lol) & yeah, it definitely looks like some chicken soup, ribbons, tents, tokens, and floral decorations are gonna come into play... and maybe some fried mushrooms? Yum.
Underneath carrots, brdwybaby, it has "good for the eyes, they say" so hmm, why would we need keen vision at a festival?.... for target shooting, mayhap?

Since the festival will also probably be for levels 15+ like the caravan is..... unfortunately, I don't think we'll be using dragon scales, passinthru8 & Liloze, cuz those lower level players haven't made it to the Forgotten Roost yet & they don't have any dragons yet. 'Tis too bad, cuz ...
* I think Sabina could make & sell some awesome dragon scale jewelry, tiaras & such at her lil princess stall in the artisan market area of the fest! Lol
* I'm also hoping there IS a use (& another source) for pyre crystals!
* Glass blowing!
* Belly dancers!
* Fire breathers!
* Birds of prey demonstration! (& we get to keep the eagle lol)
* My purple centaur shows up & gives archery lessons ... & horseback rides! LOL
* The festival would be the PERFECT time for Kaz to return for a jousting match & a big "welcome home" celebration! (But drat, I guess he's not level 15, huh? Hmphf.)
* Will the baron crash our festivities? Will we need to throw tomatoes at him again? Lol
* Will pirates arrive & plunder our wares?
* Actors from the theatre tents will probably put on some shows!... & will give much better performances than the snooty amphitheatre actors. LOL!
* How about some big swings to hang from the trees & ride!
* I'm also making up some extra banner poles ...just in case lol
* WHAT will we be asking 1000 Nbors for *this* time? Lol... Tokens? Masks? Mystics? Minstrels? Artisans/Traders? Master Craftsmen? Musicians? Face Painters? (Cuz you KNOW it's gonna be *something* we're gonna be hounding our neighbors for... for days on end lol)

* I also wonder if there will be any hecklers in the crowd, like you see at all Ren Faires ... My festival will most likely have *at least* ONE roaming around & jumping out at ya from behind my dead trees---> oliverrr11! LOL -- maybe I'll just have to put him in my dunking booth called Soak-a-Bloke!!! Lol -- and I just might have to put his usual partner-in-crime right beside him in the Drench-A-Wench booth (sorry Queenzod, but you know that's you! Lol)

Keep the ideas coming, y'all, especially since the tea party ended so dang quick for us super hoarders... uh, I mean stockers, lol! *ting tea cups*
THIS IS EXCITING! Yes, FUN for the whole family! Ha!
... Leather and jugglers and boars, OH MY! lol

PS. All male attendees are *strongly* encouraged to wear KILTS to my festival!!! LOL
I happen to know warwicktown will most assuredly be sporting the full Gaelic regalia! wooty mmphf! And I'm already awarding him the 1st Prize blue ribbon! Lol (Oh!! Wait, oh yeah --Hmm, that wasn't needed for the caravan, but we better stock up on blue dye, too! Pleeeease let there be another use for PURPLE dye soon!)

...so, what else y'all got? :)

warwicktown
07-24-14, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if I want to wear the kilt, or put on my pirate finery! Arrgh!

perry5
07-24-14, 06:55 PM
Northwoods. Wow. Speechless. There are no words.

oliverrr11
07-24-14, 07:04 PM
Northwoods. Wow. Speechless. There are no words.

I can still talk! 😜

Queenzod
07-24-14, 07:37 PM
NW, you need to stop thinking so hard or you'll pop a gasket, lol! With temps reaching 100 here today, I'm up for sitting in the dunk tank. And the boar legs sound nummy! And the kilts! Whoo hoo!

I think you forgot the fried butter. And the ambulance. ;)

kudukuda
07-25-14, 03:15 AM
I can still talk! ��

I'm not sure what you have to say will make it through any filter, buit in or moderated ��

roguebee
07-25-14, 05:03 AM
I'll wear a kilt if I get to run the drench a wench booth.

Liloze
07-25-14, 10:33 AM
Very much tempted with those Scales' jewelry, and Fried Ice-cream, Oooh there will be swings too?! Heck yeah! Count me in :cool: lol ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-30-14, 06:33 AM
Are we gonna get the Pyre Festival as tomorrow's update... Or are we gonna have to wait til August?

...or are all of our rulers turning into pink stuffed animal unicorns tomorrow? Bawahahha!!

warwicktown
07-30-14, 07:06 PM
Maybe the pink stuffed unicorns are TLs idea of prizes to win at Ye Olde Faire?? If so, I'm taking my kilt and going home! (Without blaring music, either!) /sarcasm

Liloze
07-31-14, 07:45 AM
Are we gonna get the Pyre Festival as tomorrow's update... Or are we gonna have to wait til August?

With all the new bugs/ glitches and Icon/ music latest fiasco, I think TL needs to delay today's update, and work on fixing what they broke !

I would be so afraid to collect or do anything for the new update if the collecting bug isn't fixed!

...or are all of our rulers turning into pink stuffed animal unicorns tomorrow? Bawahahha!!

OMG ! ...lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-31-14, 08:06 AM
With all the new bugs/ glitches and Icon/ music latest fiasco, I think TL needs to delay today's update, and work on fixing what they broke !

I would be so afraid to collect or do anything for the new update if the collecting bug isn't fixed!

You may be right... So dang glad I haven't (& ain't gonna lol) download that "improvement", ha. .. And FYI, my festival will have no booths whatsoever -- whether it be darts at balloons or water ***s at spinning wheels or shooting arrows from crossbows at targets on all of my scarecrows lol -- NONE that give away stuffed pink unicorns! LOL!
(So you ain't gotta go NOwhere, warwicktown! lol)

warwicktown
07-31-14, 05:13 PM
You may be right... So dang glad I haven't (& ain't gonna lol) download that "improvement", ha. .. And FYI, my festival will have no booths whatsoever -- whether it be darts at balloons or water ***s at spinning wheels or shooting arrows from crossbows at targets on all of my scarecrows lol -- NONE that give away stuffed pink unicorns! LOL!
(So you ain't gotta go NOwhere, warwicktown! lol)

Good to hear! There will be strolling minstrels though, I hope ��

Seriously700
08-05-14, 03:42 PM
Show of hands...who thinks we are gonna need the exact same resources for the upcoming festival that we just gave to the caravan?

Hmmm. I hope we won't need the same resources for the upcoming festival because there is a lot of overlap between the caravan and the items needed for the new plume hive adventure:
- bread
- silver
- cabbages
- mushrooms
- water

My kitchen is so busy making sugar, flour, chocolate, bread for fish sandwiches, and chocolate cake - there is no time to make extra bread too! And my farm plots are also struggling to keep up with the demands of the adventure. It's just not going to be possible to stockpile these things - which is probably what the developers were hoping ;-)

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-07-14, 06:55 AM
Since we now know the Pyre Festival will be available for levels 10+ (instead of 15+, like the caravan FOR the festival), that fact lowers the requirements a bit.
Were carrots & cabbage even available as a crop at level 10? (I don't remember lol)
But, I'm guessing a lot of the other caravan items may indeed be needed again... dyes and kitchen items that level 10 players can brew & cook. Probably a lot of gathering of stuff, too.
Hmm... What else?

letf8b
08-08-14, 01:29 PM
Yes that's how it usually works mine is full too. That's kind of why I don't want to buy magic fruit tree.

letf8b
08-08-14, 01:37 PM
Suggestions anyone????? I am just now on the Digestive Dilemma goal if I stop now and do the pyre festival will I still continue where I left off I'm worried I won't get the faerie prizes or drops I mean I only did the one quest and got nothing special in that one. Since they don't count for pyre should I stop and continue after pyre is over? Will I still get the rare fairy drops? Or is there a time limit on the fairy goals. Plz and ty for any help/answers/opinions????

maguar
08-08-14, 03:29 PM
The faerie goals are core story line so they won't disappear. You can safely focus on the event :)

letf8b
08-09-14, 09:17 AM
The faerie goals are core story line so they won't disappear. You can safely focus on the event :)
Ty❤️so much for that.