PDA

View Full Version : more gold for less money

SaTy22
07-21-14, 03:18 PM
since about 2 weeks, I'm playing DS on both my android-smartphone and from time to time on the iPad, I use on my work.

I guess, because of the much more features in the iOS versions (and of course the paying power of apple-disciples), buying gold on android seems to be cheaper.
Furthermore, I've also already noticed, that the price for gold on my and on my wifes smartphone are different, although we both got android devices.

But as an Example, without sale I can buy 530 Gold for my account:
on android device: 15.99?
on iOS device: 17.99?
As for the maximum of gold purchase (2900 Gold), there is a difference of 10.00?. For me, that's really a bunch of money.

I'm not quite sure, whether this is even against the jurisdiction of TL's homecountry, the make different prices for the same attendance for different people, but

if you play DS on iOS and you own an android device too, you should run your account on both devices and only buy gold on android.

Doing this, you can also have your dragon sun on iOS device :)

cocauina
07-22-14, 08:31 AM
since about 2 weeks, I'm playing DS on both my android-smartphone and from time to time on the iPad, I use on my work.

I guess, because of the much more features in the iOS versions (and of course the paying power of apple-disciples), buying gold on android seems to be cheaper.
Furthermore, I've also already noticed, that the price for gold on my and on my wifes smartphone are different, although we both got android devices.

But as an Example, without sale I can buy 530 Gold for my account:
on android device: 15.99?
on iOS device: 17.99?
As for the maximum of gold purchase (2900 Gold), there is a difference of 10.00?. For me, that's really a bunch of money.

I'm not quite sure, whether this is even against the jurisdiction of TL's homecountry, the make different prices for the same attendance for different people, but

if you play DS on iOS and you own an android device too, you should run your account on both devices and only buy gold on android.

Doing this, you can also have your dragon sun on iOS device :)

The problem of changing from IOS to Android is that you can lose dragons and others features that are exclusive to IOS device, storage is a feature from IOS, I don't know if you can lose everything you have there when you change from IOS to Android, and if you lose those things, when you change from Android to IOS you probably will not receive the things you lose.

TL make different prices for IOS and Android 'cause IOS have a bunch of features, and the players spend gold on more things than Android use. Probably that's why for IOS it's more expansive buying gold.

Zoomie517
07-22-14, 09:58 AM
I also suspect pricing difference is tied to costs associated with managing the process. Anything Apple is more expensive.

I am unsure that you can move freely back and forth between the two with total game retention.

SaTy22
07-22-14, 03:06 PM
I also suspect pricing difference is tied to costs associated with managing the process. Anything Apple is more expensive.

I am unsure that you can move freely back and forth between the two with total game retention.

I play on both versions every day. While beeing at home or on the run, I play on android, while at work I play on iOS.
Same account on both devices. All dragons are still present. Of course, from android, I can't access storage, battle arena, quest outpost etc etc, but I can breed, evolve, collect coins and buy gold. And when I use iOS again, anything still works fine.

freesiawoods
07-23-14, 06:17 AM
I play on both versions every day. While beeing at home or on the run, I play on android, while at work I play on iOS.
Same account on both devices. All dragons are still present. Of course, from android, I can't access storage, battle arena, quest outpost etc etc, but I can breed, evolve, collect coins and buy gold. And when I use iOS again, anything still works fine.

Same here, no problem for me switching between the two except that the items on the mining expansions are floating in mid-air when you view on Android. Although I hardly ever open the games on Android anymore, there is little point when you don't earn any of the iOS extras.

I never noticed the gold pricing difference because for some reason my Android prices are in pounds, but when converted it does seem cheaper.