PDA

View Full Version : Requesting things from Neighbours

poopher
07-18-14, 07:18 PM
I am sorry if this has already been answered 100 times but can someone explain how getting things (not gifts but things like helping hands for the new caravan) works?

I understand you can only receive 20 per day, what I don't understand is that people say when you ask more then 20 people it can "clog up the responses". I have tried asking only those I believe to be active but I rarely get 20 responses a day. I just keep asking all my neighbours hoping to get 20 responses.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone from TL explain this supposed clogging issue?

roguebee
07-18-14, 08:14 PM
If you read about 3 messages down on the following link http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=583015&viewfull=1#post583015 Maguar has a fairly concise explanation on your question. The clogging issue may have been true once upon a time. His suggestion of 25-30 requests sent a day to get 20 back is reasonable. Depending on how active your neighbors are, you may want to send out 30.

poopher
07-18-14, 08:25 PM
Thanks for your answer and the link. I figured it was in here somewhere.

Problem is I am not sure its entirely true. My husband has a kingdom that he only checks when I ask him to send me stuff. He seems to get my requests everytime I send them regardless of how many I sent total. Also if this explanation is true then what happens to the next days requests? They go in the queue and go out 2or3 days later? As in if I send out 60 requests today then 20 go out today and 20 tomorrow. But tomorrow I can send another 60. So do tomorrows requests only go through after todays 60? Which means i am always at least 2days behind? (I hope I am making sense).

Gabi2111
07-19-14, 02:37 AM
Personally I'm as puzzled too, but... Right now I'm getting more responses then before

For a while I sent only 20 out daily, and never got all back. On busy aka new quests I got sometimes only 10 responses or so. And that while I sent some to people I KNOW are active and responsive. (I tend to delete inactive neighbours) So I figured that there might be also a max of requests a neighbour CAN receive. When a quest like this is running, where virtually everybody and their gran sends out requests, people might reach that max, and your request won't reach them on that day?

Anyway, I don't have too many neighbours (and happy with that) and so I sent a request to all daily. That way 20 will receive a request and so far it works pretty well for me.
I could be wrong here, but I sent out my 3rd request an hour ago and am on 53%. Which means it works better for me this way, and any clogging that might go on after I got the needed responses, I'm fine with...bc it won't affect me. I have no other requests to send out, and by the time I do, any back log will be cleared

Edit to add...make that 56% by the time I finished writing this post ....I'm going to keep ignoring the backlog until someone can tell me a way to get the same result with "careful" requesting

pixsmith
07-19-14, 04:05 AM
I have 28 neighbours (3 new since this new caravan quest started). I ask them all each day and shouldn't really be at risk from the 'clogging' problem - which I also have trouble completely believing, poopher. I guess some neighbours are inactive but I have had a few requests for help from neighbours who have not returned the favour. I don't want to be judgemental and dump them in case it is a 'clogging' issue but it sure generates some feelings of frustration towards the neighbours who don't seem to be playing fair.

I think the best answer would be for TL to come up with a tally table so you can which neighbours have received your request and which have responded. That way you could at least make an informed decision about whether you will keep a neighbour or not.

Poopher I sent you a neighbour invite btw. My ID is pixsmith for anyone else who is a fair neighbour.

PurpleScorpion76
07-19-14, 05:02 AM
I always struggle with this type of challenge. I have sent out 60 requests so far. And am currently on 21%. I've been playing since May. So it can't be a third have stopped playing. I must have accepted 60 or so helping hands but don't seem to get the same return. Same with the summer gazebo quest. Am I doing something wrong?

oliverrr11
07-19-14, 06:28 AM
I think the "clogging" is an urban legend....

orlsworth
07-19-14, 07:25 AM
I have found with this summer challenge that I have sent out requests to neighbors and don't get any response yet the neighbor will have visited my kingdom and sent me requests. These are good active neighbors who exchange gifts and requests all the time. I don't get what is going on with this requesting system. I am sure if they were getting it they would respond I don't think that is the problem:(

Gabi2111
07-19-14, 07:49 AM
I have found with this summer challenge that I have sent out requests to neighbors and don't get any response yet the neighbor will have visited my kingdom and sent me requests. These are good active neighbors who exchange gifts and requests all the time. I don't get what is going on with this requesting system. I am sure if they were getting it they would respond I don't think that is the problem:(

Agreed. Try ignoring the 20 only rule and send requests daily to all your neighbors and see what that does. Since I'm doing that I'm getting 20 responses daily

jptheripper
07-19-14, 07:54 AM
I always struggle with this type of challenge. I have sent out 60 requests so far. And am currently on 21%. I've been playing since May. So it can't be a third have stopped playing. I must have accepted 60 or so helping hands but don't seem to get the same return. Same with the summer gazebo quest. Am I doing something wrong?
You can only get 20 per day back.

CottageRose
07-19-14, 08:29 AM
And if you send out too many, what also happens is that they work their way through the queue slowly and your neighbors will receive requests that are days old long after you are done. I often see requests that say they are 2 days old or more. I answer all of them just in case, but I always suspect that they may not be needed.

midnightmeerkat
07-19-14, 01:47 PM
The issue with 'clogging' happens when you send out 2 different requests for help.... If you send request A to 150 neighbours one day then request B the next day you will continue to get answers from request A and none for request B until that backlog has cleared

olcastle
07-19-14, 02:02 PM
The issue with 'clogging' happens when you send out 2 different requests for help.... If you send request A to 150 neighbours one day then request B the next day you will continue to get answers from request A and none for request B until that backlog has cleared

Just send requests B early, preferably right after reset and everything will be fine.

Btw there was huge discussion about the clogging http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?68662-Castle-Story-05-15-2014-Update-Pyre-Caverns-Teaser

jptheripper
07-19-14, 02:17 PM

but it doesnt matter. If you send 150, and you get 20 back, then you have essentially sent 130 for the next day in advance.

midnightmeerkat
07-19-14, 02:34 PM
but it doesnt matter. If you send 150, and you get 20 back, then you have essentially sent 130 for the next day in advance.

Exactly.... So if you only have one quest that you are wanting requests for they will continue to come in - the problem happens when you only wanted say 30 for request A then want 60 for the next quest, request B, but you still have 100 still coming in for the previous request

midnightmeerkat
07-19-14, 02:38 PM
Just send requests B early, preferably right after reset and everything will be fine.

Btw there was huge discussion about the clogging http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?68662-Castle-Story-05-15-2014-Update-Pyre-Caverns-Teaser
If you have already sent many requests the previous day they don't just disappear people will have answered them and continue to answer them so it will slow down the answers to your next request.

olcastle
07-19-14, 02:50 PM
If you have already sent many requests the previous day they don't just disappear people will have answered them and continue to answer them so it will slow down the answers to your next request.

The new requests have priority. A neighbor who started the game after the reset but before you send new requests can get your old request.

meme1098
07-19-14, 03:15 PM
I think midnightmeerkat means 2 totally different requests. Such as, the first day you send out 60 requests fir helping hands and, then, the next day you send out 60 requests for something else like "Alert Neighbors" in the Pyre Caverns quest. Those 60 Helping Hands you sent out on the first day are in the queue first so those are the ones you'll get back first 20/day for 3 days. Then, the 4th day the other Alert Neighbors requests will start coming in.

Is that right, midnightmeerkat?

olcastle
07-19-14, 03:19 PM
I think midnightmeerkat means 2 totally different requests.

You are right, it's exactly what we are talking about.

midnightmeerkat
07-19-14, 03:32 PM
I think midnightmeerkat means 2 totally different requests. Such as, the first day you send out 60 requests fir helping hands and, then, the next day you send out 60 requests for something else like "Alert Neighbors" in the Pyre Caverns quest. Those 60 Helping Hands you sent out on the first day are in the queue first so those are the ones you'll get back first 20/day for 3 days. Then, the 4th day the other Alert Neighbors requests will start coming in.

Is that right, midnightmeerkat?
Yep.. That's right

PurpleScorpion76
07-19-14, 04:58 PM
You can only get 20 per day back.

I meant 60 over the 3 days ie I've sent 20 per day and getting a return back of a third. Although since my original post I'm now in 27% so closer to half.

midnightmeerkat
07-19-14, 05:20 PM
I meant 60 over the 3 days ie I've sent 20 per day and getting a return back of a third. Although since my original post I'm now in 27% so closer to half.

Send out requests to lots/all your neighbours, Don't just limit it to 20 - even though the max you can receive a day is 20, you can send as many requests as you like.

Gabi2111
07-19-14, 07:35 PM

I totally agree with midnight meerkat.

When I followed your system and sent only 20 requests daily, I got results like you now have, aka way less then 20 responses.

This time I sent a request to all neighbours daily and I'm on 60% . Works way better for me

poopher
07-20-14, 04:39 AM
Ok I am going to try to lay this out as easily as I can because with all the different discussions on different threads there does not seem to be a clear answer.

If I send out more than 20 requests a day do all those neighbours get my request or just the first 20? (I personally think they all go out but please confirm)

If I get my max responses in a day but more than 20 of my neighbours have responded, do those extra responses come tomorrow or are they lost because I hit my max?

If I send out more than 20 requests today and send out another bunch (more than 20) tomorrow, do my neighbours get my new requests? I.e. those that already responded, can respond again next day.

I would really appreciate a definitive answer from TL staff, because there seems to be different opinions by players.

midnightmeerkat
07-20-14, 12:41 PM
Ok I am going to try to lay this out as easily as I can because with all the different discussions on different threads there does not seem to be a clear answer.

If I send out more than 20 requests a day do all those neighbours get my request or just the first 20? (I personally think they all go out but please confirm)

If I get my max responses in a day but more than 20 of my neighbours have responded, do those extra responses come tomorrow or are they lost because I hit my max?

If I send out more than 20 requests today and send out another bunch (more than 20) tomorrow, do my neighbours get my new requests? I.e. those that already responded, can respond again next day.

I would really appreciate a definitive answer from TL staff, because there seems to be different opinions by players.

All neighbours get the request from the 1st day and can respond, the following day you get the extras up to 20 - none get lost. Yes when you send requests the following day your neighbours who responded the previous day can accept the new request.

poopher
07-20-14, 02:14 PM
Thanks midnightmeerkat! I suspected as much but wanted to be sure. After reading about how people check for inactive neighbours and getting a ton of new neighbour requests from the forum, I think I should be able to get my 20 max responses from now on.

Big thanks to all my active friendly neighbours who are quick to respond!! :o

GC5410
07-20-14, 02:15 PM
I've sent requests to all 95 of my neighbours every day a (so 4 times so far) and I'm up to 82% for this latest helping hand goal. I don't keep an eye on who is active (but I'm pretty sure some aren't) and I've never deleted anyone, so I must just be really lucky with who has added me.14299

kudukuda
07-20-14, 11:04 PM
I think you can send out requests to all you neighbours. The first 20 who respond you will see in your log book. After the first 20 responded, the rest of your neighbours wont see the request until the next day.
I think the reason you may get more than 20 a day (other than stormie) is if two neighbours respond at exactly the same time.
The next day you can send out all of your requests again. Once again, the first 20 neighbours to respond will do so. Then, after you stop sending out requests, the neighbours that never responded, since they never got the requests because you had reached your limit, will start getting these requests and responding. Hence 107 hedge trimmers, or 90 artisian requests etc.
As to what someone here wrote about request for item A finishing before request for item B is sent... It makes sence but I am not sure it is correct. Still needs to be tests.

olcastle
07-20-14, 11:27 PM
I think you can send out requests to all you neighbours. The first 20 who respond you will see in your log book. After the first 20 responded, the rest of your neighbours wont see the request until the next day.

Yes, it's exactly how it works. If a neighbor got the request before you've reached the limit of 20, he/she can still accept it before the game refreshed.
That's the reason you can get more than 20(21). So technically there's no "limit of 20" not for sending requests not for receiving, it's just very rarely you can receive extra.

Rosendorn
07-21-14, 01:24 PM
I think the reason you may get more than 20 a day (other than stormie) is if two neighbours respond at exactly the same time.
The next day you can send out all of your requests again. Once again, the first 20 neighbours to respond will do so. Then, after you stop sending out requests, the neighbours that never responded, since they never got the requests because you had reached your limit, will start getting these requests and responding. Hence 107 hedge trimmers, or 90 artisian requests etc.
As to what someone here wrote about request for item A finishing before request for item B is sent... It makes sence but I am not sure it is correct. Still needs to be tests.

Before the Summer gazebo Quest entered my logbook i have send out Requests for plant essence, then the Quest appeared, i though gosh and send another request out to other neighbors ( have a Lot ) . I got Seven answers for the plant essence and 13 for the artisans the First Day, After That i only requested artisans Until i made it. In the end i got 66 artisans, then i started again on the plant essence.
From this i think that you receive what is answerd First. The remaining requests will be lost somehow, or stallend, as i Never received another answer for an artisan Until i requested those again After i finished my gazebo.
Might be Not correct but my experience.

Sorry for Typos, the Auto spell drives me Crazy!

zenobia42
09-12-14, 07:12 PM
I don't know if anyone elese has noticed yet, but very recently, they changed the rules on this without telling us. This was posted by a member of Storm8 staff in response to me asking why, after sending requests to neighbors hours ago, I had received ZERO of what I asked for. Considering I have 250 neighbors, and had NEVER had to wait more than a few hours for my 20 per day to roll in, and further that every morning when I woke up another 20 people would always have responded to the request after the change of "day" while I slept, often finishing the quest... I found ZERO responses in many hours highly unusual. I quote the Storm8 staff member's response so I don't say anything wrong:

Hello! If you sent a request to 200 neighbors, only 20 of them will get the requests on that day. Then, the next day, another 20 will get the request and so on, until the queue of requests is empty. If you send your requests to over 20 neighbors, there is a chance that it will randomly select an inactive neighbor who wouldn't see your request. We usually suggest to send your 20 requests per day to neighbors that you know are more active. Hope this tip helps in getting more Unique Oil from your neighbors! :) Good luck!

WTF? Am I REALLY expected now to look at ALL 250 of my neighbors in enough detail to determine which are the "best" 20 of them to send this? Or am I expected to only get a handful per day on any neighbor request now? Seriously? Why bother trying to complete quests if this new change to the rules stays. It's ABSURD.