PDA

View Full Version : Which building should I NOT buy?

baseball_boy
07-18-14, 05:58 PM
I had been saving money hoping for a building sale and look what finally happened?! I can't buy them all, so which ones can I pass on for now?

zozozp
07-18-14, 06:02 PM
What are the buildings u currently have?

koselig
07-18-14, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't buy the forge. See the discussion (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69098-So-I-bought-the-forge-and) about the crappy forge!

baseball_boy
07-18-14, 06:45 PM
I don't have the forge, toy maker, sushi shop, and jewelry maker. I only have 1 of the others except 2 windmills.

FridayFarms
07-18-14, 07:23 PM
My forge sits silent most of the time. You have to use something valuable, like a hammer or a plank, to make anything.

nicxole
07-18-14, 07:57 PM
I never bought the forge and stick to my decision. The sushi shop is a waste - the items take forever and sell slow. I regret spending all the coins on that

zozozp
07-18-14, 08:26 PM
My forge used to work full time, till the water garden came along. It needs hammers and plank (133 each I think) to open plots and both are essential for forge. Once I fully expand the water garden,I will go back to using the forge. For now it sits idle!
Toy maker is something to get last. It's really a waste imo. Too complicated and long hours to make a single thing.
The thing about the forge, toy maker and jewelery maker, is it's good only if you are sending orders. That way you get the axes and saws u need to use the machines.
I like the sushi maker, for wasabi and rice bowl. It's sells great. And as and when I get fish or other requirement, I make the longer time requiring items at night.
I would definitely get a second dairy and as many feed mill as possible. As the mumble of animals increase, it's really hard to keep up.
I just wish I had this sale when I was buying. It's great.

rosewaterlily
07-18-14, 10:07 PM
The jewelry maker is good for making items to sell. The ruby necklace and gold/silver ring always sell fast at max price. The wood/silver one sells slow though and I only make that for deliveries. Sushi maker, eh, I use it to make rice mostly. The actual sushi roll I almost never make since it requires salmon and doesn't make much on deliveries relative to the amount of time it takes to make it. My forge is mostly idle, but occasionally I use it to balance out the number of tools needed for expansion. Right now I have plenty of plank but few hammers so I'm making some hammers to expand the water garden.

I personally am contemplating a second bait shop or a fourth feed mill or the toymaker. I don't have a lot of coins so I'll only be able to get one, assuming I can make 20 k in before the sale ends. Having recently purchased a second truffle hog and a second alpaca, another feed mill is looking more attractive, but it's a better deal to buy more expensive items at 20% off. Hmm.

Rynetory2
07-18-14, 10:23 PM
Before you guys buy any buildings, Pls check your cash. I just lost an additional of 100,000 after buying a feed mill. My new feed mill costs 141,600.

minidemon88
07-19-14, 01:32 AM
I have most of the machines, except the new 5th feed mill, sushi shop, 2nd bait shop and toymaker. Was thinking of getting the sushi shop and 2nd bait shop, but I'll be so darn broke after getting them. Still planning which to get before the sale end. Machine or Russian blue cat? Hmmm~

I got my forge at 90,000coins way back then during a building sale. It was not bad at first till we got the water garden update. Now, I'm trying to complete all the plots in the water garden. XD

elaaa012
07-19-14, 02:35 AM
It depends.

I wouldn't buy forge if you don't have planks, hammers and irons. To make a hammer/shovel/pickaxe in the forge you'll need 1 plank and 3 irons and to make a screw/nail you'll need 1 hammer and 3 irons.
I wouldn't buy jewelry maker if you don't do mining or can't buy silver, iron, and gold easily from neighbors/newspaper. To make an earring you'll need 2 irons and 1 silver. Ring = 2 silvers and 1 gold. Necklace = 3 golds and 1 ruby. Wooden necklace = 3 lumbers and 1 silver.

polispol
07-19-14, 09:38 AM
I will buy the forge as decor once I have nothing else valuable to buy. I only have a building of each kind, brcause my aim is having the cutest farm I can with the most different items I can.

dragon2046
07-19-14, 02:37 PM
Question, how do u save enough money for the new buildings I have some I need to purchase but can't seem to save the money? Do u make your stuff and buy nothing from the farm stand or buy extremely rare items only ? Or does the long time players still have to wait forever to have money to purchase new buildings ? Thanks I would appreciate the guidance only at level 24 and get very frustrated. :)

droopy123love
07-19-14, 04:38 PM
I bought a forge, and regret it very much, absolutely a waste of coins imo! You can make picks, shovels, nails, screws and hammers in it. I dont let it produce items, as you need iron nuggets; using that in the Jewelsmith is way more profitable.
Get yourself a pet instead, like a dog, cat or pony that are available for coins it will drop you a screw, nail or even a gem once in a while.

baseball_boy
07-19-14, 06:48 PM
I bought another windmill and feed mill. I have 1 pony, 1 cat, and 4 dogs already. They do drop items daily for me. Should I buy another feed mill at the price of $4?,??? Sounds like the forge is a waste, toy shop isn't worth it, sushi not much better.

Rynetory2
07-19-14, 11:30 PM
I bought another windmill and feed mill. I have 1 pony, 1 cat, and 4 dogs already. They do drop items daily for me. Should I buy another feed mill at the price of $4?,??? Sounds like the forge is a waste, toy shop isn't worth it, sushi not much better.

You will need toy shop and sushi shop as you level up cos deliveries and trains ask for items they make. Not sure what's your level but eventually you will need them. I think you are better off buying during the sale.

DocEE
07-20-14, 12:42 AM
My OCD won't let me not buy a building cause I wouldn't have the complete set. I still need the toy maker and am struggling to collect the needed funds to get it before the sale ends but from everything I have seen on the forums, the toy maker is probably tied with the forge as the worst investment for your coins. My forge sits idle most of the time because you need premium parts and lots of iron (hard to find in the mine) to make anything. And everything takes 8 hours to make.

I hear the toy maker is similar. It takes 8 hours to make the toys and you need lumber from ash trees which means doing lots of deliveries to get saws to chop the ash trees.

Go for extra feed mills. They are more practical especially as you acquire more animals. Even if you don't get the animals you can make the feed and sell it. Feed makes a lot faster than toys or the tools from the forge.

yppahc
07-21-14, 04:26 AM
My OCD won't let me not buy a building cause I wouldn't have the complete set.

I hear you! I need 10,000 coins in 10 hours for the forge to get the complete set for my level.