PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story update for Android, what's coming?

bexrexbex
07-17-14, 05:45 AM
I keep checking the forum to see if anyone else is discussing this, but I haven't seen anything. Please direct me to the right place if I have overlooked it.

Did anyone else get the update to install the new version, simply "Dragon Story"? There were hints in the goal that we may be getting new features like summoning.

Can anything be confirmed? Do we know what new features will be forthcoming?

I, for one, am excited to see Android finally getting some new gameplay. Really need to give kudos to TL if that is the case. We spend a lot of time criticizing and complaining (with good reason) about the lack of features for Android, so if that is finally changing, we should really give credit where it's due.

Anyone with more info, please comment!

echo005
07-17-14, 06:15 AM
i've not had an update and don't know of anybody who has.i doubt we're getting a new version cos we've only had this one a few months-and i wouldn't get too excited by the 'prospect' of us getting any new features cos i can't see it happening in my lifetime......

bexrexbex
07-17-14, 06:31 AM
i've not had an update and don't know of anybody who has.i doubt we're getting a new version cos we've only had this one a few months-and i wouldn't get too excited by the 'prospect' of us getting any new features cos i can't see it happening in my lifetime......

But here's the thing... I got the update, and I already installed it! I can't be the only one. There just haven't been any new features yet, but the goal for the update heavily implied there would be.

echo005
07-17-14, 07:15 AM
still nothing and i just asked my daughter and she hasn't had anything about update.in play store there is only the latest version and an old one-dated january 16th so i dunno what this update you mentioned is for.whenever there is a new version it pops up on screen and stays there till you've d/l it and i haven't had one of those for a week or so

bexrexbex
07-17-14, 07:22 AM
Interesting! I wonder if it only went out to some players? This was 2-3 days ago. I got the gold reward for installing it and everything, it replaced Black Diamond for me. It had no title other than Dragon Story, and the load screen is very generic, only Forest, Fire and Water dragons are featured.

I wish I had a screenshot to upload and share, but unfortunately since I already installed it, there is nothing to show, the goal disappeared. I would like to hear other players chime in and see if anyone else got the prompt to download the new version.

echo005
07-17-14, 07:47 AM
i'm trying to envisage old versions (there have been quite a few) but that doesnt even ring a bell

freshfunin2008
07-17-14, 07:48 AM
Interesting! I wonder if it only went out to some players? This was 2-3 days ago. I got the gold reward for installing it and everything, it replaced Black Diamond for me. It had no title other than Dragon Story, and the load screen is very generic, only Forest, Fire and Water dragons are featured.

I wish I had a screenshot to upload and share, but unfortunately since I already installed it, there is nothing to show, the goal disappeared. I would like to hear other players chime in and see if anyone else got the prompt to download the new version.

Periodically they fix small bugs and stuff. As far as I know, there is nothing really new for Android users and there is an android parity thread somewhere on here... you just have to search for it or ask a mod for the link.

bexrexbex
07-17-14, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I've seen the parity thread, which is now closed, if I'm not mistaken. And this really isn't a parity issue, I just want an answer from a mod or some feedback from the community about this update.

On the goal, I saw two pieces of text that implied new features. Not direct quotes, but they were along the lines of "Keep your eyes open for new features in the upcoming week" and "Can you believe that you will be able to summon dragon from the realm?" One was in the pop-up, and the other was the "spoken" text in the selected the goal from my goal list(you know, how they have the character with a speech bubble, and they are saying some little description of the goal?)

I'm 100% sure I saw this. I mean, I definitely installed a new version that replaced Black Diamond just a few days ago. I really wish I had taken screen shots, but I just assumed it was being rolled out to all Android devices, so it didn't occur to me at the time.

At this point I feel like maybe it was a bug, and I wasn't supposed to receive this update?

echo005
07-17-14, 08:25 AM
Periodically they fix small bugs and stuff. As far as I know, there is nothing really new for Android users and there is an android parity thread somewhere on here... you just have to search for it or ask a mod for the link.

there have been 3 or 4 LONG parity threads since this game was invented but as usual they get too long and TL have to close them down-shame.it's been some time since we had one so maybe a new one should be started because the issue is unintentionally spilling over into other threads-and the issue is never going to go away

bexrexbex
07-17-14, 08:32 AM
there have been 3 or 4 LONG parity threads since this game was invented but as usual they get too long and TL have to close them down-shame.it's been some time since we had one so maybe a new one should be started because the issue is unintentionally spilling over into other threads-and the issue is never going to go away

And really, I can't emphasize this enough, this post isn't about comparing Android to iOS or talking about parity. I received an update, and it implied new features. I want to know more about that. A link to a locked, huge parity thread from 6 months ago will not help me, since this is something that happened this week. And has nothing to do with parity.

kooky panda
07-17-14, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I've seen the parity thread, which is now closed, if I'm not mistaken. And this really isn't a parity issue, I just want an answer from a mod or some feedback from the community about this update.

On the goal, I saw two pieces of text that implied new features. Not direct quotes, but they were along the lines of "Keep your eyes open for new features in the upcoming week" and "Can you believe that you will be able to summon dragon from the realm?" One was in the pop-up, and the other was the "spoken" text in the selected the goal from my goal list(you know, how they have the character with a speech bubble, and they are saying some little description of the goal?)

I'm 100% sure I saw this. I mean, I definitely installed a new version that replaced Black Diamond just a few days ago. I really wish I had taken screen shots, but I just assumed it was being rolled out to all Android devices, so it didn't occur to me at the time.

At this point I feel like maybe it was a bug, and I wasn't supposed to receive this update?

I will flag this thread over to a community manager to see if I can get more information.

[S8] Elsa
07-17-14, 10:05 AM
To update this, there isn't a new base version. It's possible you just saw a promotional goal in the game.