PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Comet Dragon??

iosbaby
07-14-14, 12:48 PM
I know u can get the comet dragon through crafting, but can you breed the comet dragon with fire & air?? I've been trying forever with no luck, it's in the marketplace and does NOT say "can't be found through breeding" yet it seems impossible to breed! Am I just wasting my time or can I breed comet??

cedkugedchgd
07-14-14, 12:53 PM
sorry, you can't breed comet.

amerirish
07-14-14, 12:55 PM
You can only get it by crafting. The problem is that it takes approximately a million adventures to get the parts you need :( I've been trying for months.

iosbaby
07-14-14, 12:57 PM
Thanks, I wonder why it doesn't say that in the market!! For every other dragon you can't breed it says "can not be found through breeding" yet it doesn't say this for comet!! TL should really fix this!!!

[S8] Elsa
07-14-14, 01:13 PM
We've passed this on to the Caretakers.

Comet Dragon can't be bred. Dragons that you need to use use a feature and get parts for are typically not breedable. The exception being Gemstone Dragon types.

freshfunin2008
07-14-14, 01:14 PM
I have been trying for six plus months. I have one tail and two core. My poor Moon dragon is tired. She keeps bringing back 1 lotus blossom and sometimes some food.

amerirish
07-14-14, 01:32 PM
My Atlantis dragon probably couldn't find his behind with both hands and a mirror :mad:

jim23cash
07-14-14, 04:32 PM
I have been trying for six plus months. I have one tail and two core. My poor Moon dragon is tired. She keeps bringing back 1 lotus blossom and sometimes some food.

Oh, that is soooooo frustrating! You pay a HUGE amount of money to send a Dragon out for an entire day (so you lose income for a day also), and they bring back a stupid Lotus flower! Argh! That's like a slap in the face. Here's something completely useless for all your money and time. I got so frustrated with getting Lotus Flowers that I quit trying that quest. I think you should at least get food or gold or something that's a "Prize" for your quests. That's worse than nothing. I would rather it say I was unsuccessful than for it to give me something worthless and pretend like that's a prize worth getting.

AwesomeChefDad
07-14-14, 05:19 PM
Yeah I stupidly did another Atlantis journey and got back coins again.

Yippeeeeeeee

MakJulos
07-15-14, 03:46 AM
I still think this type of quest is fun, but the droprate of the pieces when you send out atlantis or Moon on quests is just silly. I'm running these quests constantly - i skipped the silly 4 hour quests in world event to continue running these quests but still didn't get any bits.

I think that when i hit 150 i'll just log in once a day to put some new crops on fields, and send a Moon or Atlantis off questing :D

Zummat
07-15-14, 04:45 AM
It took me about 8 months to get Comet. The last two cores came in a couple of days of each other which was a very pleasant surprise. It doesn't bother me about the time it took to get Comet. Doing the quests is sort of out of sight, out of mind for me. I send the dragon on a quest and forget about it. I don't mind long term goals since there are other things to occupy the time while working on them.

deanpw2
06-24-17, 04:16 PM
I quit the game and sold all my dragons, then decided to come back. I am rebuilding my collection, can you you breed more than 1 Comet Dragon? I use to have it, now I wish to Craft it again. So basically can you quest the parts more than once?

Thanks

KNOBWARS
06-24-17, 08:52 PM
Count me in for the lunacy that is this dragon! I've been trying for many months, only taking breaks for events and bingos. I have one comet core for all this effort. I even started leveling up the Moon/Atlantis dragons more to see if that mattered. I don't mind the challenge but at the end of all this, we will get a dragon only considered RARE. That's the ridiculous part. I'm having more trouble getting this than I did when I focused most of my breeding on getting a Valiant (with no boosting too)!

random59
06-24-17, 10:39 PM
I quit the game and sold all my dragons, then decided to come back. I am rebuilding my collection, can you you breed more than 1 Comet Dragon? I use to have it, now I wish to Craft it again. So basically can you quest the parts more than once?

Thanks

Don't see why you can't, just numerous hours of questing to find the parts.

Phaedrakiki
06-30-17, 03:53 PM
Took me many, many months to get Comet. It really should be Ultra Rare or something--takes so long!! And then, it's not really useful for anything. But it feels amazing when you finally get the last piece!

Don't give up, you'll get it...

FieldsLikeB
06-30-17, 10:51 PM
Took me a year to get Comet. I got to say that that moment when I placed him in his Habitat I was deeply satisfied.

His name is Grail

leysanne
07-05-17, 11:41 AM
I am so annoyed :mad: I have been questing for a comets tail for months and months ... have just completed a quest and got my comets tail :) So excited! I went straight to craft the dragon and just as i pressed craft guess what happened ... yes, the game just crashed. Of course when i went back on the game, my quest was waiting to be collected and what did i get? Coins :mad:
These crashes used to only happen when visiting other high level islands but now on my own island when i'd only been on a few minutes ... i have no problem with this on other games :confused:

chuckyt888
07-05-17, 11:20 PM
I am so annoyed :mad: I have been questing for a comets tail for months and months ... have just completed a quest and got my comets tail :) So excited! I went straight to craft the dragon and just as i pressed craft guess what happened ... yes, the game just crashed. Of course when i went back on the game, my quest was waiting to be collected and what did i get? Coins :mad:
These crashes used to only happen when visiting other high level islands but now on my own island when i'd only been on a few minutes ... i have no problem with this on other games :confused:

Sorry to hear that. I really wish they would tweak their rollback code so that off-line actions would just get queued up to a point and resent to the server... or hey.. how about just wrapping each transaction in a connection check... problem solved. Too many people are losing things or having important actions rolled back. It's extremely frustrating to lose an important battle or an important piece of material due to a rollback. In my case, I lost the Frostwolf dragon from that world event due to a rollback that actually shut the event down on me 15 minutes before the end of the event.

I also agree about getting useful prizes from the quests. I quit doing them outside of the food quests as none of it is useful to an endgame player. The food quest would be much better if the amount of food was upped. The 5k food is somewhat nice but the top prize should be more than that IMO. It's very rare to get 5k on top of everything else.

You used to be able to get up to 10 gold from the coin quest a long time ago back when the game was in fantastic shape and player friendly. I still can't believe they changed that quest so it only gives coins of all things.

KNOBWARS
08-25-17, 10:10 PM
I just got a comet's Tail! Now I have one of each. Only six more years of daily questing and I will get the other two comet's cores and I can craft the dragon! :)

cubbytracie
06-01-18, 12:37 PM
My quests have disappeared just after I aquired a moon dragon on android. Any tips folks ? Not a happy caretaker 😐

AnnirasSweets
06-01-18, 02:58 PM
My quests have disappeared just after I aquired a moon dragon on android. Any tips folks ? Not a happy caretaker ��

If you are speaking about the Comet Dragon quest (and others for gemstones): I was under the impression that the introduction of The Codex eliminated all the quests to collect dragon parts since they are now available to be crafted through The Codex.

kooky panda
06-03-18, 09:10 AM
If you are speaking about the Comet Dragon quest (and others for gemstones): I was under the impression that the introduction of The Codex eliminated all the quests to collect dragon parts since they are now available to be crafted through The Codex.
This is correct.