PDA

View Full Version : for TL-officials: two very simple questions

SaTy22
07-12-14, 05:04 PM
These questions are for TeamLava, and I want any official of your team to answer it honestly.
They are very simple, and I (+ many many other players, thats why I put this question in public) want to know your answers.
I want you to NOT beat around the bush, saying "it's done when it's done" or give one of your standard answers and then close the thread.
These are two serious questions. No complaint, just longing for Information.

My future on playing TeamLava/Storm8/etc. will depend on this answer, and I hope, some other players out there think like me.

1. DO YOU STILL DEVELOP A PARITY UPDATE FOR ANDROID VERSION OF DRAGON STORY? YES OR NO?

2. IF SO, IN WHICH YEAR AND WHICH SEASON WILL IT BE RELEASED?

Thanks for your honesty.

luna2cute
07-12-14, 05:18 PM
This is my guess as I live with a computer programmer and he talks about different programming platforms all the time...

Programming and developing for android is much more limited in what can be achieved as compared to programming and developing for iOS.

iOS is a much more advanced programming language which can produce better programs that look a better and are more complicated. iOS and apple really support their programmers and developers, especially the independent contractors that makes games like storm8, team lava etc.

Android is a not capable of being as good as any iOS program, so an android version of dragon story or any other game that is offered on both platforms, will never be as good. Apple is far ahead of the game on app development and everyone else (android, windows etc) is far far behind.

I'm tired of hearing people blame Team Lava etc and its programming staff for limitations that are not in their control.

It's android you need to complain to.

Please leave storm 8, team lava etc staff alone. They'd what they can with android and android users should be greatful for the fact that they even put time into an android version. Most its developers don't waste their time with it anymore.

iOS is where the world is going and where all the best apps will be. Have you seen threads for what the new apple phones, run with iOS software, are capable of?!?!?! Everyone else is left in the dust.

Let's stop asking this question, be happy you can play on android at all or put up a couple hundred dollars for an ipad, there are refurbished ones, used one or new ones that are totally affordable.

/End Rant

chalupa2030
07-12-14, 05:26 PM
This is my guess as I live with a computer programmer and he talks about different programming platforms all the time...

Programming and developing for android is much more limited in what can be achieved as compared to programming and developing for iOS.

iOS is a much more advanced programming language which can produce better programs that look a better and are more complicated. iOS and apple really support their programmers and developers, especially the independent contractors that makes games like storm8, team lava etc.

Android is a not capable of being as good as any iOS program, so an android version of dragon story or any other game that is offered on both platforms, will never be as good. Apple is far ahead of the game on app development and everyone else (android, windows etc) is far far behind.

I'm tired of hearing people blame Team Lava etc and its programming staff for limitations that are not in their control.

Please leave storm 8, team lava etc staff alone. They'd what they can with android and android users should be greatful for the fact that they even put time into an android version. Most its developers don't waste their time with it anymore.

iOS is where the world is going and where all the best apps will be. Have you seen threads for what the new apple phones, run with iOS software, are capable of?!?!?! Everyone else is left in the dust.

Let's stop asking this question, be happy you can play on android at all or put up a couple hundred dollars for an ipad, there are refurbished ones, used one or new ones that are totally affordable.

/End Rant

Well said!

MakJulos
07-12-14, 05:54 PM
Well said!

It was well said, but at same time it's not difficult understanding why ppl blame TL, because after all it's not up to Android to explain to TL's customers why Dragon Story works so different on different type platforms/operating systems/whatever....

So i agree with SaTy22 - some answers and information would be nice and fair....who's to blame really is isn't important - getting stuff working for everyone and communicating is!

Drachenia
07-12-14, 05:57 PM

/End Rant

Thank you, that's great said luna2cute. I admire TL and his team for the patience they have with us players. Above all, they give us the opportunity to say our opinion TL and team Great thank you

Anaboe
07-12-14, 05:58 PM
It's not that iOS is far more advanced, it's that there are far more Android-devices than Apple devices. Each device can cause different bugs, so removing bugs from 10 devices (Apple) is a lot easier than removing bugs from thousand of Android devices. This is, I think the reason why DS for Android has far less options: less options means less complicated code, which means less bugs.

Android is, in many ways, a better OS than iOS, because you can tweak and adjust it to your likings. Most of the users feel no need to adjust, so they will be perfectly happy with iOS. If it wasn't for Dragon Story, I never would have switched to Apple, for example, the privacy issues with Apple are far worse than those with Android.

It is Apple that puts a lot of limitations on the programmers of apps, Android gives them far more freedom. But freedom is difficult, because you need to tweak, program and know a lot more, so yeah, programming for iOS is easier, but not necessairy better.

Compair it to cars: if you just want a Ford Focus, with automatic gear and everything will be fixed in a garage, you will be pleased with Apple. But if you like cars, want to tweak them, have non automatic gear, you want to save money by fixing things yourself, of like fixing things, want to do other things with your car besides move from point A to point B (eg transport, racing, wheelchair in your car etc), you're better off with Android. Even more, Apple is overall, far more spendeert than Android, and, because of the high requirements of Apple regarding apps, there are far more free apps for Android than there are for Apple.

Both have pro's and con's, none is better.

jptheripper
07-12-14, 06:04 PM
I totally agreed with your rant, right up until

/End Rant

Which is totally wrong. Native app development is ending. The world is going to HTML5.

dangerb0y
07-12-14, 06:23 PM
android parity thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?53559-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-4&p=741356&viewfull=1#post741356)

The thread is locked. I'm sure this one will lock too.

Android users have wanted parity for years. If you have waited years for TL to update, my only suggestion is to by a used 4th gen iPod, or iPhone 4 at minimum to play the the game with iOS features. Then you can wait for the android update(ultra rare) for your phone without your blood pressure going through the roof.

MakJulos
07-12-14, 06:27 PM
Thank you, that's great said luna2cute. I admire TL and his team for the patience they have with us players. Above all, they give us the opportunity to say our opinion TL and team Great thank you

I must say i admire the players more, for their patience with the lack of information, the varying versions of the game players get to play depending on what platform they have, the goldtraps, and so on....

Dragon Story is a nice game, but the loyal playerbase and community is even nicer.

MakJulos
07-12-14, 06:30 PM
android parity thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?53559-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-4&p=741356&viewfull=1#post741356)

Hehe, a Closed Thread, updated last in september 2013 when players are asked to contact support instead of expecting official reply :)

Edit: *contact Community Manager* ofc

maguar
07-12-14, 07:55 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

Please share any questions or comments you have in Forum Disputes.
(http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)
Please see Android Parity thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?53559-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-4&p=741356&viewfull=1#post741356) for more information.

Thanks!

[S8] Elsa
07-13-14, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to drop in. We're not arbitrarily shutting threads down. We had several threads with hundreds of pages and unfortunately it kept getting out of hand even after warnings. We couldn't just ban a few since there was such a large contribution, so we decided that we have all the feedback we need and will end the discussion for now.

We are still working on extending our reach to the Android platform. It's a long and challenging journey. We appreciate all of our players for their patience and understanding.

I can't offer you a season or date because the answer is "as soon as we can". We wouldn't want to release something that doesn't work and let you down.

When there's news to share, we'll be sure to share it. Possibly in all caps with a string of exclamation points, though no mere emoticons would really cover how happy we'd be.

Again, thank you for your enthusiasm and patience. It doesn't go unheard.