PDA

View Full Version : Only Norman Can Answer!

Unregistered
01-23-11, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone! I am a Level 56 in BS. Regarding the Social tab, where Community members are listed, I am puzzled. I have a four Star rating, yet I see a few Level 54's and a 55 who have for several days appeared above me. I thought the list rated Levels and Stars. There must be something else factored in that I don't know about. Time in the game? How many neighbors one has? Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I can't help but wonder why they remain above me. Probably something obvious and I'll feel dumb, but it would not be the first time. Thanks!
Reply With Quote * Yesterday*10:42 PM #2
Unregistered
Who Knows This?
This is a question I also have. How is that community list made up?
Reply With Quote * Yesterday*11:40 PM #3
Unregistered
Yeah now that you mention it-I dunno. Let's bump this up. Good qwestyon.
Reply With Quote * Today*12:35 AM #4
Unregistered
Community order is made of up of random people showing up. The top rank goes to the person who waters or tips the most compared to the others in the list. You may be on level 4, but someone else may at that time , water or tipped more than you.

Kooky P
Reply With Quote * Today*01:04 AM #5
Unregistered
Thanks. Now more confused. Ha ha
thanks Kooky! I am not the OP but I have the same question and I'm not sure I get it-yet. Let's say three Level 72's show up. And one Level 68. I am assuming the random part. The 68 would be above the 72's, at the top of the list, only IF he had tipped more than any of the 72's had tipped THAT DAY? Then whichever 72 had tipped the next most etc, in descending order? So could a Level 30 show up who had been on the game 24/7 tipping be listed above them all? I am not doubting you, but there are a lot of dedicated tippers out there and regardless, the highest Levels for the most part, seem to be at the top. Wow, I confused myself now! Ha ha. Can you clarify? thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote * Today*01:19 AM #6
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Unregistered
thanks Kooky! I am not the OP but I have the same question and I'm not sure I get it-yet. Let's say three Level 72's show up. And one Level 68. I am assuming the random part. The 68 would be above the 72's, at the top of the list, only IF he had tipped more than any of the 72's had tipped THAT DAY? Then whichever 72 had tipped the next most etc, in descending order? So could a Level 30 show up who had been on the game 24/7 tipping be listed above them all? I am not doubting you, but there are a lot of dedicated tippers out there and regardless, the highest Levels for the most part, seem to be at the top. Wow, I confused myself now! Ha ha. Can you clarify? thanks for your time.
Hi. The community list is a random sampling. You'll notice it goes from 4 star and sometimes lower stars. There is nothing more to this than random sampling, that's why it refreshes. It's just sorted by ranking when it comes up. Nothing more meaningful to it than that
Reply With Quote * Today*01:51 AM #7
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I also think that when we are grouped for the random , it seems to group by levels also. My niece is only on level 15 and I am on level 64. We both went to the community board at the same time and she had different people than I did. All my were around the same level as I was and all of hers were around levels 5-30.

But who knows??? Good question for Norman.

Kooky P
Reply With Quote * Today*02:36 AM #8
Unregistered
thanks for your thoughts!
If anyone has other thoughts, I'd like to hear them. To test I have been frantically tipping for two hous non-stop! Ha ha! And again, when three Level 56's are lined up, I am at the bottom, and there is one 52 above me-just checked again. NORMAN or any other tech geniuses? I must not be factoring something in-it can't be tipping, can it??

PS true about Levels close to you appearing on your Community List, but that's not the question. Thanks again for taking the time to reply!