PDA

View Full Version : Answered Missing everything! Bug! Help please!

IslandSteve
07-11-14, 09:12 PM

Hey there - so i did a iclean on the iphone about 2 weeks back - problem is dragon story will not load properly, and only displays a few things...

Tried uninstall reinstall a few times - no fix.

Tried rebooting / resyncing phone - no fix

Alas I am asking for some help on this please.

Thank you,

Island Steve

kooky panda
07-12-14, 02:59 PM
Make sure you close out all applications running in the background.
How to force close out your games (IOS) (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))
Also under your iPhone go the settings-safari- clear out cookies.

IslandSteve
07-12-14, 05:27 PM
Make sure you close out all applications running in the background.
How to force close out your games (IOS) (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))
Also under your iPhone go the settings-safari- clear out cookies.

Thanks for the reply - can't get the link to open...

Anyway I tried deleted history and cookies in safari (don't know why though?) - rebooted and reinstalled, still the same as before...

Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks again.

**oh forgot to add - even when i visit other islands - only a few red, green, blue and yellow habitats and the very early dragons appear - the rest of their lands look like mine, missing white black pink and special habitats - decor and arena and mines - weird huh?!
This happened after i did an icleaner (Removed third party application tool link )- which i have done before and it was OK - but that's when it started.

Meowmeowbeans
07-14-14, 10:30 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this! We recommend that you connect your game to a strong Wi-Fi connection and leave the game open and running for a few minutes. The game may need additional time to download some images the cleaner may have removed.

In the future, you may want to skip Dragon Story when running your phone cleaner. Hope this helps!

IslandSteve
07-14-14, 02:52 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this! We recommend that you connect your game to a strong Wi-Fi connection and leave the game open and running for a few minutes. The game may need additional time to download some images the cleaner may have removed.

In the future, you may want to skip Dragon Story when running your phone cleaner. Hope this helps!

Yeah I've been doing that - for over a week so nothing else loads (yet).

I was wondering if there was a way to delete DS completely and do a fresh install with the (World War transfer method) because when I delete DS to reinstall it just takes it from where I left off?

Thanks again mate

Meowmeowbeans
07-14-14, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues! Can you submit a support ticket to support@teamlava.com and send me a Private Message with the ticket number?

SaTy22
07-15-14, 06:34 AM
maybe you should install another version of dragon story like "black diamond".
Same features, just another loading screen.

IslandSteve
07-15-14, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues! Can you submit a support ticket to support@teamlava.com and send me a Private Message with the ticket number?

Awesome thank you just sent.

IslandSteve
07-15-14, 09:27 PM
maybe you should install another version of dragon story like "black diamond".
Same features, just another loading screen.

Thought about that - but only DS is on my applestore at this time. Good idea though! :)

IslandSteve
07-18-14, 02:43 AM
Well no luck unless i do a factory reset which aint gonna happen.

i did find in the appstore ds valentines , installed after deleting and another iclean and phoneclean , but its still only loads about 10% of the game (as seen in the OP).

The only other thing i can think is what would happen if i deleted DS, then let a friend dl DS then ill do the world war transfer method, then install a new version of DS and retransfer back after my friend deletes his DS?

IslandSteve
07-19-14, 06:12 AM
Well no luck unless i do a factory reset which aint gonna happen.

i did find in the appstore ds valentines , installed after deleting and another iclean and phoneclean , but its still only loads about 10% of the game (as seen in the OP).

The only other thing i can think is what would happen if i deleted DS, then let a friend dl DS then ill do the world war transfer method, then install a new version of DS and retransfer back after my friend deletes his DS?

reset did it - thanks for the help guys

IslandSteve
07-20-14, 03:58 PM
OK problem now is new eggs and the new celestial dragon i just breed will not show :/

What is that about? hmm help?

JustKay
07-20-14, 04:42 PM
I've seen this a few times in TL games. Every time you get something new DS needs to download images or animations. This happens when you nest a new egg or hatch a new dragon type or release a newly evolved dragon, etc.

If your phone does not have a stable internet connection (prepay limit reached, dodgy wifi or bad connectivity in your area) and the game tries to download new content, it may fail halfway and think it's succeeded. This results in the game never showing your new dragon. I think thinks it there, but doesn't have the data to show. Unfortunately the only way I know to resolve this is to delete the game data for DS story. This means everything will have to be downloaded again (which can amount to several 100 mb!). Only suggestion I can make is that if you know the game will need to download content, time it (hatch egg, release evolved dragon, open album) when you know you won't have any connectivity problems.

IslandSteve
07-20-14, 11:25 PM
I've seen this a few times in TL games. Every time you get something new DS needs to download images or animations. This happens when you nest a new egg or hatch a new dragon type or release a newly evolved dragon, etc.

If your phone does not have a stable internet connection (prepay limit reached, dodgy wifi or bad connectivity in your area) and the game tries to download new content, it may fail halfway and think it's succeeded. This results in the game never showing your new dragon. I think thinks it there, but doesn't have the data to show. Unfortunately the only way I know to resolve this is to delete the game data for DS story. This means everything will have to be downloaded again (which can amount to several 100 mb!). Only suggestion I can make is that if you know the game will need to download content, time it (hatch egg, release evolved dragon, open album) when you know you won't have any connectivity problems.

OK so i just uninstalled - rebooted and reinstalled ans we are back to square 1 as in the original post.

Kind of hoping you could tell me what the issue is because i spent a whole day getting my phone back to normal after the factory reset.

Can't TL just delete my game and reset it so when I delete and reinstall it will be OK?

Really frustrating.

dangerb0y
07-21-14, 03:46 PM
In settings/general/usage, how much storage do you have available with DS installed? How big is DS?

IslandSteve
07-21-14, 10:26 PM
In settings/general/usage, how much storage do you have available with DS installed? How big is DS?

I appreciate the techs helping so thank you.

OK so I uninstalled rebooted reinstalled again - still the same.

Dragon Story is 200mb exactly, and Documents and data is 2.5mb dangerb0y.

Version 1.9.4

*i have 2 gig spare on the iPhone 4

Meowmeowbeans
07-24-14, 10:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear none of the troubleshooting tips helped you. If you'd like to transfer your account to a new device, you can always use our Login Feature. (http://support.storm8.com/entries/23732810)

In the future, we recommend that you avoid using any third party apps in conjunction with Team Lava games to prevent any issues.

IslandSteve
07-26-14, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear none of the troubleshooting tips helped you. If you'd like to transfer your account to a new device, you can always use our Login Feature. (http://support.storm8.com/entries/23732810)

In the future, we recommend that you avoid using any third party apps in conjunction with Team Lava games to prevent any issues.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for your time and help.

Again the tech restarted everything for me - but still no go, so I will use a friends phone to transfer the game and do some testing transferring there and back again to see if that remedies.

I am jailbroken and have used icleaner (cydia) and iphoneclean and this didn't happen.

I did however update from ios 5.1.1 to 7.1.2 - so I wonder if that had something to do with the problem? I remember doing an iclean on ios 5.1.1 and i remember DS was about 650mb - so yeah obviously the iPhone thinks its already downloaded all the game content. But it was OK after a factory reset - but new eggs and dragons were invisible so i thought I'd do a delete and reinstall - and back to the original problem.

I will do an update on how i went after the transfer and back to let you guys know how it went.

cheers

chalupa2030
07-26-14, 06:53 PM
I am jailbroken and have used icleaner (cydia) and iphoneclean and this didn't happen.

cheers

I was wondering if you were jailbroken the whole time reading your thread. That could be your problem.....

IslandSteve
07-28-14, 02:10 AM
I was wondering if you were jailbroken the whole time reading your thread. That could be your problem.....

Well thats interesting, because i am happy to report DS is fully working AFTER a safe mode reboot...then started DS (IN SAFE MODE) then let it load, then reboot into normal mode (still jailbroken)- it was still loaded so it must have been the jailbreak afterall!

Thank you once again for all your help and time, and hopefully this is a win win for down the track if any experience this issue.

**Solved**