PDA

View Full Version : age related groupings

cpt_jack_sparrow
07-11-14, 10:28 AM
I am an adult. I want to play games with people close to my age. I do not want to play with children....aka MINORS!

I am mandated by my profession to be trained and certified to report child abuse and I am also trained not to be in a circumstance with a child that could be misinterpreted or deemed inappropriate.

I was horrified to find out that I had a 5th grader and High Schooler as neighbors. I deleted them immediately.

There has to be an age group setting established-it is done in yahoo games-I believe in 10 year increments. Example-20-30;30-40; and so on.I highly doubt young children will sign into a 50-60 group.

This needs to be looked at by TL legal sources and some sort of safety net should be in place.

It's not going to be a ''one size fits all solution'' but this needs to be addressed.

Thank you

pipipooh1977
07-11-14, 11:44 AM
I am an adult. I want to play games with people close to my age. I do not want to play with children....aka MINORS!

I am mandated by my profession to be trained and certified to report child abuse and I am also trained not to be in a circumstance with a child that could be misinterpreted or deemed inappropriate.

I was horrified to find out that I had a 5th grader and High Schooler as neighbors. I deleted them immediately.

There has to be an age group setting established-it is done in yahoo games-I believe in 10 year increments. Example-20-30;30-40; and so on.I highly doubt young children will sign into a 50-60 group.

This needs to be looked at by TL legal sources and some sort of safety net should be in place.

It's not going to be a ''one size fits all solution'' but this needs to be addressed.

Thank you

Umm...I think that is a dumb idea. I'm sure I am NBRS with minors, but who cares as long as they behave themselves. I think you shouldn't be playing these games if your that concerned about it. I don't go around asking my NBRS what age they are...that is noone's business. I have NEVER come across any inappropriate behavior on these games. I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Seriously! You can block people now on iOS devices. But just becuz they are "minors" doesn't mean they deserve to be deleted or blocked. And really how do you know what age a player is unless your prying? That really isn't your business, I'm a parent and if my child came to me and said someone asked them personal questions I would tell them to delete you. That's creepy...I don't care what your profession is that doesn't give you the authority to pry or ask just because your "mandated" to "report" child abuse...lol...just because adults are playing a game with minors does NOT mean there is ANY abuse of ANY kind going on....good grief! Get over yourself!

orleansparish
07-11-14, 11:57 AM
Umm...I think that is a dumb idea. I'm sure I am NBRS with minors, but who cares as long as they behave themselves. I think you shouldn't be playing these games if your that concerned about it. I don't go around asking my NBRS what age they are...that is noone's business. I have NEVER come across any inappropriate behavior on these games. I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Seriously! You can block people now on iOS devices. But just becuz they are "minors" doesn't mean they deserve to be deleted or blocked. And really how do you know what age a player is unless your prying? That really isn't your business, I'm a parent and if my child came to me and said someone asked them personal question I would tell them to delete you. That's creepy...I don't care what your profession is that doesn't give you the authority to pry or ask just because your "mandated" to "report" child abuse...lol...just because adults are playing a game with minors does NOT mean there is ANY abuse of ANY kind going on....good grief! Get over yourself!

I agree. Considering the cartoon nature of the bots who eat and the entire design of the game, kids could say old people shouldn't play, because they are freaked out about being neighbors with grandmothers. This is a kid game we all enjoy to play. Even with money spending options. It is usually us adults who behave the most silly. Posting unkind and graphic messages.

To delete someone thats young when they did nothing wrong is over the too. But to each their own. They can easily find a replacement neighbor. I think 13 is the desired age, due to their being money options and TL doesn't want to be blamed for kids making purchases, as those younger than 13 tend to do.

In fashion i was shocked to see many high level players with beautiful shops were very young. They have fun talking about music with their little contests and are just having fun as we are.

jo_fitz
07-11-14, 12:31 PM
It's not like you're having conversations with children. (Or anyone for that matter) I get the occasional joke but mostly messages about tips and gifts. I don't know the ages of any of my neighbors, and I don't really care. I'm not there to socialize. I'm there to make my bakery pretty and look at the other bakeries.

AngelaM_93
07-11-14, 12:31 PM
wow... I don't even know where to begin with this. I don't understand why would you interpet child abuse in a game that (in design) is more for children than adults. I also don't understand why is it relevant how old your nbrs are since you don't need to comunicate with them other than sending gifts and requests. Seriously you are being too paranoid about a GAME. In my expirience adults who play this game are being bigger snobs and spoiled brats with their "check lists" that any nbr has to pass in order to have the privilege of being their nbr. I've read about gifting specific items, having only 4 star rating, lately even about adding only "pretty" bakeries, but honestly your only adults request is the strangest. wow, just wow...

pnkrosebud
07-11-14, 01:32 PM
How do you even know that your neighbors are even minors or highschoolers?. I am pretty sure i have some kids as my neighbors but i don't spend any time questioning their ages and their personal life. In fact i don't really have any conversations with any of my neighbors except for small talks here and there but that's it. It's just a game.

kooky panda
07-11-14, 02:06 PM
Closing this thread since this seems to be a pretty sensitive subject, and to prevent members from accidentally insulting each other.

The games are set up for you to choose which players you want for neighbors and you can even delete neighbors down the line.

Since all Team Lava Games are available for players 13 and older (with parental permission for players, under age 18)I do not see TL breaking their games off by age.

If you do see any inappropriate behavior in game you can report it by sending an email to support@teamlava.com.