PDA

View Full Version : Rotation of Observatory causing problems

rosym47
07-11-14, 06:55 AM
Up until now I have avoided buying the Observatory because the rotation rate of the ball at the top makes me feel dizzy. I have now bought one ready for the Fortune Tellers tent goodies. When I have collected that the Observatory will go into storage. Is it only me or does anybody else have this type of problem?

meme1098
07-11-14, 07:00 AM
What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Never mind....I guess you mean the dizziness. I'm prone to BPV but it doesn't bother me.

rosym47
07-11-14, 07:49 AM
I have my eyes not focusing and then a dizzy feeling when I look away, it's only a slight problem but uncomfortable. I do have a small problem with my vision and do have to wear prescription glasses for computer work. However this is the only game and item I have a problem with. My only thought was that it was the rotation.

EBJW
07-11-14, 07:55 AM
I hesitated with buying for the same reason, it made me dizzy when I visited neighbours. Eventually I decided to buy, and I still have it in my kingdom, but always at the edge, in a corner on top. I hardly look at it.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-11-14, 09:19 AM
I'm waiting til the last second to build the observatory for that fortune lol ... Doesn't make me dizzy per se, just googly-eyed. Lol
...and yep, after I build it (when I get closer to that fortune), I'll probably get my 3 wisp lanterns and store it too, only to bring it back out if needed in an upcoming quest.

Queenzod
07-11-14, 09:29 AM
I'm waiting til the last second to build the observatory for that fortune lol ... Doesn't make me dizzy per se, just googly-eyed. Lol
...and yep, after I build it (when I get closer to that fortune), I'll probably get my 3 wisp lanterns and store it too, only to bring it back out if needed in an upcoming quest.

I'll prolly be full on lanterns by the time that one arrives, and I'll have to build the observatory, too. I can't stand it either, so I've never built one. Ah, well. Ya win some...

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-11-14, 09:40 AM
I'll prolly be full on lanterns by the time that one arrives, and I'll have to build the observatory, too. I can't stand it either, so I've never built one. Ah, well. Ya win some...
Hey, maybe we'll get another round of expansions by the time that one rolls around & you'll need those lanterns... (?) :)

Queenzod
07-11-14, 09:42 AM
Hey, maybe we'll get another round of expansions by the time that one rolls around & you'll need those lanterns... (?) :)

Lol, dream on!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-11-14, 09:53 AM
Lol, dream on!
"You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us...and the world will live as one."
-John Lennon

Lol

Ps. Observatory. LOL

senshin
07-11-14, 01:48 PM
I don't have it for that reason as well, plus it just looks kinda goofy. I've heard some people say they were able to tuck it behind trees or other buildings to hide it. Since you're already building it, might be worth trying to see if you can hide it vs. losing out on the ongoing collecting.

midnightmeerkat
07-11-14, 05:02 PM
I have it out but I never collect from it because the rotation makes me feel a bit queasy

tigarlilyvol
07-11-14, 06:30 PM
I know I have mine on the last expansion in northeast that sticks out by itself with trees all around it. Most of the time I never move the board up high enough to see it and collect from it.

germander10
07-12-14, 02:35 AM
I haven't built the observatory because of the rotation, and it's just such an ugly building. But, can someone tell me what it actually does and it's connection with the Fortune Teller Tent. It seems I might need to build it, but need to know it's worthwhile first.

SpiritWind00
07-12-14, 02:50 AM
I haven't built the observatory because of the rotation, and it's just such an ugly building. But, can someone tell me what it actually does and it's connection with the Fortune Teller Tent. It seems I might need to build it, but need to know it's worthwhile first.

I can't remember if there was a goal which made you build it, I have a feeling there was, but I can't easily find it in the game guide. it doesn't do anything, just a coin collection building. In regards to the fortune tent, here's a copy of goal from page 1.

The Shining Fortune

(It's some place dark!)
Collect from Observatory x 1
Rewards: Wisp Lantern x 3

If you don't collect from the observatory it won't spin. I don't have it on my board, it's in storage, just because it takes up space I want for other things. Good luck in your decision.

tigarlilyvol
07-12-14, 04:35 AM
The fortune teller is first goal for observatory, I never built it until recently so I could have one of all buildings.

jptheripper
07-12-14, 05:17 AM
why not just leave it uncollected. if it has the coin, it doesnt rotate

rosym47
07-12-14, 06:13 AM

I agree but if I don't collect coins it just takes up space and is quite ugly. I don't think this is a popular building because I don't see many when visiting. Perhaps like mine storage is where it ends up.

tigarlilyvol
07-12-14, 11:19 AM

My OCD won't let me leave it uncollected for very long. Lol

studio1859
07-12-14, 02:16 PM
Ah, the poor maligned observatory. I love it! I have used it as a barometer of an active kingdom until reading this thread, lol. Windmills too.

elizabetheva
07-13-14, 01:48 PM
I like the appearance of the building, but I found it hard to place without blocking other buildings/items. One day I accidentally sold it instead of placing it in storage and I haven't missed it. I have more valuable buildings to collect from now, I'm not short on royal points, and the space in my kingdom is valuable :) I think it's worth it to build it again when I get closer to that quest (I just recently bought the fortune teller tent) and I'll store it afterwards to add in case I need a coin or royal point boost one day, but I probably won't go out of my way to find a permanent spot for it and it'll be second priority to the main quest line as far as using my resources.