PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 07/10/2014 Update Fortune Teller Quests

PikaSquirrel
07-10-14, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Here is today's update.

Fortune Teller Tent
We added 7 new fortunes! If you're all caught up and finished the last fortune that was available, you'll be able to access these new ones by collecting from your Fortune Teller a few times.

NEW Fortunes
The Glimmer Rock Fortune
The Gross Fortune
The Seedy Fortune
The Fishy Fortune
The Fragrant Fortune
The Shining Fortune
The Sticky Fortune

Good luck!

gilachaya
07-10-14, 02:20 PM
When you finish all the fortunes do you get to do them again, or is it one time only?

edit(KP) List of fortunes by Shipowner!

The Glimmer Rock Fortune

(Let it go! You'll trip on something eventually)
Chop down Old Log x 1
Rewards: Glimmer Shard/Glimmer Fragments per chop

The Gross Fortune

(I hope this smelly drop doesn't come from...)
Collect from Cow x 1
*Cow/White Cow/Black Cow/Royal Cow/Purple Cow
Rewards: Fertilizer x 10

The Seedy Fortune

(It's hiding in the trees!)
Chop down White Birch x 1
Rewards: Pile of Seeds per chop

The Fishy Fortune

(It's hiding some place Forgotten!)
Collect from Forgotten Roost x 1
Rewards: Mercury Feast x 1

The Fragrant Fortune

(Follow the Fragrant scent!)
Collect from Conservatory x 1
Rewards: Red Petal (amount will vary)

The amount of Red Petals you can receive from this Fortune will vary. You can get an amount between 5 to 10 Red Petals. You can get 10 Red Petals if you're SUPER lucky.

The Shining Fortune

(It's some place dark!)
Collect from Observatory x 1
Rewards: Wisp Lantern x 3

The Sticky Fortune

(It's between the rocks!)
Chop down Small Rock Pile x 1
Rewards: one Super Glue per chop

maguar
07-10-14, 02:28 PM
The fortunes are one time only.

For those wanting to see the list of previous fortunes check out this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller)

infinitelove19
07-10-14, 02:45 PM
I was wondering what was new this week, so thanks for posting!
Only got the fortune teller a couple of months ago, so I won't get these new ones for awhile.... As it is, I have had to come on the forum to complete some fortunes. I didn't even have a farmhouse on my board to collect from & rarely, if ever, collect from coin-only buildings.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-10-14, 04:14 PM
4+ hrs later . . . No speed demons gem thru this yet? lol

sunnygirl634
07-10-14, 07:25 PM
Hey! My tent was just ready at 16 hours. That's a change right? Wasn't it at 22 hours before? I'm certainly not complaining!

shipower
07-10-14, 08:16 PM
The Glimmer Rock Fortune
(Let it go! You'll trip on something eventually)
Chop down Old Log x 1
Rewards: Glimmer Shard/Glimmer Fragments per chop

The Gross Fortune
(I hope this smelly drop doesn't come from...)
Collect from Cow x 1
*Cow/White Cow/Black Cow/Royal Cow/Purple Cow
Rewards: Fertilizer x 10

The Seedy Fortune
(It's hiding in the trees!)
Chop down White Birch x 1
Rewards: Pile of Seeds per chop

The Fishy Fortune
Rewards: Mercury Feast x 1

The Fragrant Fortune
Rewards: Red Petal x 6

The Shining Fortune
(It's some place dark!)

The Sticky Fortune
(It's between the rocks!)
Chop down Small Rock Pile x 1
Rewards: one Super Glue per chop

shipower
07-10-14, 08:34 PM
4+ hrs later . . . No speed demons gem thru this yet? lol

I post it just for you, how about that:confused::D:rolleyes::cool:

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-10-14, 08:47 PM
I post it just for you, how about that:confused::D:rolleyes::cool:
Yay, I'm special! Lol
You freakin' ROCK, shipower!!! <3

Hmm... I never built the observatory cuz the whirligig on top makes me googly-eyed lol. Guess I'll have to make a call on whether to build or gem past when I get to that one.
But yayyyyy, in the meantime....glimmer bits foreverrrrrr muwahahaha lol

Thx again! :-*

shipower
07-10-14, 09:03 PM
Hmm... I never built the observatory cuz the whirligig on top makes me googly-eyed lol. Guess I'll have to make a call on whether to build or gem past when I get to that one.

I'm afraid that you can't gem skip that fortune:(

shipower
07-10-14, 09:11 PM
Well, not forever, since shipower outed the glitch.

It is only fair to those without the tent. :D

Anyuszko
07-11-14, 02:40 AM
After two collecting I did not yet got any fortune. Perhaps at third?

newzealander
07-11-14, 03:09 AM
I got it at third. And....(whacking forehead)...accidentally clicked on third chop of a log on about 20th log. Grrrrrrrrrr!

PurpleScorpion76
07-11-14, 04:13 AM
May I ask. I don't have enough gems yet to buy the tent. Will all of this still be available when I get enough gems or is it limited time only?

vuvhappy
07-11-14, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the new Fortunes. One more thing remember that we can not sell the old log so keep them as nice "decoration":o

Anyuszko
07-11-14, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the new Fortunes. One more thing remember that we can not sell the old log so keep them as nice "decoration":o

You can sell, I tried, just for 0 coin.

May I ask. I don't have enough gems yet to buy the tent. Will all of this still be available when I get enough gems or is it limited time only?

Not limited. However, when you buy your tent, you have to go thru all the old fortunes to get to these ones.

vuvhappy
07-11-14, 05:05 AM
Yes, I tried again and this time worked. 0 coins :o

dragon2046
07-11-14, 06:37 AM
Man do I wish I was up to that fortune. :( I'm sure they will have it fixed by the time I get there. Thanks shipower u are awesome !!!!!

Queenzod
07-11-14, 07:03 AM
Man do I wish I was up to that fortune. :( I'm sure they will have it fixed by the time I get there. Thanks shipower u are awesome !!!!!

Same here! I just checked mine and nope. I don't know whether or not to spend the 32 gems to speed it up and try before it gets fixed. I guess that's the price of one glimmer rock formation, so maybe it's worth it!

AVAL0NIAN
07-11-14, 07:19 AM
I see the Sister sister quest as a glitch so this just corrects for that. Finally something working in our favor. I spent the gems 38 actually to have 2 attempts to get the fortune teller quest. Strike while the iron is hot. Good luck.

Queenzod
07-11-14, 07:33 AM
Well, I did speed it up. I do think it's worth it. Broke out an energy crate and chopped about 15 logs so far. I'm gonna do this until I can't anymore. All's fair in love and CS. :)

belbar22
07-11-14, 09:05 AM
Well, I did speed it up. I do think it's worth it. Broke out an energy crate and chopped about 15 logs so far. I'm gonna do this until I can't anymore. All's fair in love and CS. :)

LOl. I have followed your lead. Used 31 gems (Not sure it wouldn't have been cheaper to skip some inscriptions for the belladonna quest). Chopped 30 logs and now got over 70 shards and dust. Just waiting to collect some more energy from wizard schools and an exchange and will go again.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-11-14, 09:25 AM
Yeah, woot & hootie hoo!!... It's deadwood forest all over again for me!...only BETTER! lol
(My Nbors know what I mean by that lol)

*running off to maybe bust another 50-energy crate before the cops arrive* LOL

Anyuszko
07-11-14, 09:31 AM
I did the same, maxed out shards and dusts from about 60 energy, now turning them to seeds.

But I see some problems we will face soon
- I go out of piles of seeds and they are slow to re-stock
- after maxing out dark seeds, and maxing out shards and dusts again, the process will slow down. Making plants takes a hour :)
- and who knows when and how this glitch should close. I hope TL leaves it or a time...

AVAL0NIAN
07-11-14, 10:34 AM
Maxed out on dark seeds, shards and fragments. Running out of pile of seeds so I've sent out for dark plants. Had a good run and calling it a night. Hope this windfall holds on for the rest of you.

Castloninian
07-11-14, 11:22 AM
I know I am probably going to regret this, but I really loathe using gems to speed something up. Particularly as I don't even know that fortune will be triggered the next time. I'm just going to have to wait it out till tomorrow morning and hope for the best.

belbar22
07-11-14, 11:30 AM
I know I am probably going to regret this, but I really loathe using gems to speed something up. Particularly as I don't even know that fortune will be triggered the next time. I'm just going to have to wait it out till tomorrow morning and hope for the best.

I know how you feel as I have only ever sped something up by accident. Why don't you accidently speed up and then it will feel like you got caught in a gem trap. :p. But I still only have 7 inscriptions in total and this glitch will help out massively. My only problem as Avalonian quite correctly pointed out is that I am already maxed on shards and fragments and it won't be all that long till I am maxed on seeds which will really slow things down. Also running out of space to put logs as I can't quite bring myself to sell them.

PikaSquirrel
07-11-14, 11:54 AM
We wouldn't recommend staying on these Goals for too long as it'll prevent you from continuing on with the rest of the fortune Goals.

Kwackers
07-11-14, 01:07 PM
Thank you for advice BUT I would be happy to sit on this one for a while. I have 15 more of the spotty red plants than I need. Can't get the fly trap ones. Anything to get more glimmer thingys is very welcome. Roll on Tent producing the goodies. No, I will not use precious gems to speed up. I do enjoy playing CS. Thank you.

belbar22
07-11-14, 02:04 PM
Run out of fertiliser and seeds:(

outhouse01
07-11-14, 03:56 PM
Oh darn, I don't have the tent. Oh well, will continue to slog it out. To those that do, strike while the iron is hot and milk it for everything you can. Good luck. Cheers

Queenzod
07-11-14, 05:46 PM
You can make more than 99 dark seeds! I'm at 103 at this point. You probably can't collect more, but hey! Good development.

tigarlilyvol
07-11-14, 06:26 PM
I've got up to 83 seeds and bought 10 more logs. I need 2 more inscriptions and Sister will be done. She has been a pain to work on.

SpiritWind00
07-11-14, 07:45 PM
i actually finished sister this afternoon pre-glitch. Was a very rewarding feeling. Glitch was a nice bonus to replenish completely depleted stocks.

Congratulations on finishing!

mrosmeows
07-11-14, 08:11 PM
The last fortune I did was collecting from my purple cow for five dark seeds. This one isn't starting for me though. Mead their more after the cow?

jptheripper
07-11-14, 08:26 PM
Congratulations on finishing!

Thanks. It was a lot of work. Hope you finish soon!

Anyuszko
07-11-14, 11:53 PM
Built up my 10th conservatory, working on my 11th... :)

Anyuszko
07-11-14, 11:55 PM
And one more tip: collect regularly from fairie flowerbed, it almost always drop piles of seed

kitrakat76
07-12-14, 05:46 AM
I got it at third. And....(whacking forehead)...accidentally clicked on third chop of a log on about 20th log. Grrrrrrrrrr!

So are you saying we have to go to tent 3x before we get first fortune? I've gone twice since being prompted for new fortunes and got nothing.

tigarlilyvol
07-12-14, 05:52 AM
I got it on third visit.

kitrakat76
07-12-14, 05:56 AM
Thx, one more to go then. Hope they keep the glitch as an im sorry for past discrepancies. I desperately need glimmer shards or I'll never finish sister sister. ;)

Castloninian
07-12-14, 06:08 AM
Thx, one more to go then. Hope they keep the glitch as an im sorry for past discrepancies. I desperately need glimmer shards or I'll never finish sister sister. ;)

Make sure you've got lots of energy as all the log chopping is draining. I easily went through two elixirs, two schools, one trade etc. Drowning in bits now though so it is worth it. I also got it on my third collection but I'm not sure that is a hard and fast rule.

AVAL0NIAN
07-12-14, 10:04 AM
Managed to produce just one inscription so far. The lack of pile of seeds is the bottleneck despite 7 conservatories. Slow and steady. Tempted to go onward with the fortunes to hit the unlimited pile of seeds one. Or maybe I'll hold out for another day. Hope the windfall last.

midnightmeerkat
07-12-14, 02:29 PM

Oh no!!.. I did that but noticed and immediately pressed edit - that cancels any actions not completed

midnightmeerkat
07-12-14, 02:35 PM
We wouldn't recommend staying on these Goals for too long as it'll prevent you from continuing on with the rest of the fortune Goals.

Thanks for the feature!!

vuvhappy
07-12-14, 03:06 PM

I was doing so well too until accidentally clicked on the third chop. I was Thinking that I could be Able to finish with the sister sister....:mad:

mrosmeows
07-12-14, 07:18 PM
I was doing so well too until accidentally clicked on the third chop. I was Thinking that I could be Able to finish with the sister sister....:mad:
If you can get to the edit button it will stop whatever you're doing. It's handy if you get there in time

outhouse01
07-12-14, 08:43 PM

Oh poop. You and o11 need to get together and commiserate. Cheers

smnths
07-12-14, 09:18 PM
Is the fortune teller tent worth it?

Queenzod
07-12-14, 09:29 PM
Is the fortune teller tent worth it?

It has been today! :)

It's kind of iffy in general. You get a few extra things, about 7 or so new fortunes every 3-4 months or so. It's pretty, but if you want to build resources, you might think about something else. But it's been worth it for me, just for the bounty of today!

Queenzod
07-12-14, 11:12 PM
The way I look at it, it's like the bank vault is standing wide open. Someone informs the bank manager, who says, "you might not want to stand around here too long!" People start taking money in full view of the police. No one stops them. Now, are they stealing or is the bank giving money away?

mullane1
07-12-14, 11:29 PM
I put the word "*****ing" in quotes because I mean it in the loose sense.

I have no problem with people taking advantage of a glitch. It's when it is "****, don't inform people in a public forum because then the PIC will find out and fix it!". I'm not against the players using it (Gawd knows I've spent so much $ on TL games).

What about those of us who aren't in a circle of friends? We'd otherwise never been informed.

Do you get my point now?

But yeah, I pretty much try to be fair to all. And I didn't start this to get into wars, I just wanted to make my point clear.

Queenzod
07-12-14, 11:49 PM
I put the word "*****ing" in quotes because I mean it in the loose sense.

I have no problem with people taking advantage of a glitch. It's when it is "****, don't inform people in a public forum because then the PIC will find out and fix it!". I'm not against the players using it (Gawd knows I've spent so much $ on TL games).

What about those of us who aren't in a circle of friends? We'd otherwise never been informed.

Do you get my point now?

But yeah, I pretty much try to be fair to all. And I didn't start this to get into wars, I just wanted to make my point clear.

I guess should have put a smiley face after my post. I didn't think people would take it as anything other than a joke.

I'm not into fighting either. If Shipower hadn't posted it, we wouldn't know about it. Peace? Take care!

biartiemgi
07-13-14, 12:49 AM
Glimmer rock fortune: BEST FORTUNE EVER !!!!!

Finaly a steady (and fast) way to get glimmer stuff and get the "sister, sister" and "little persuasion"-goal done.
Yes i'm happy :-)

Just chop twice and sell the old log :-)

freesiawoods
07-13-14, 01:04 AM
Yes very happy about the glimmer rock fortune and thanks to those who pointed out how to use it.

SpiritWind00
07-13-14, 02:19 AM
Glimmer rock fortune: BEST FORTUNE EVER !!!!!

Finaly a steady (and fast) way to get glimmer stuff and get the "sister, sister" and "little persuasion"-goal done.

Just chop twice and sell the old log :-)

That's awesome about just selling the log. Otherwise I will have to find 100 and more energy to make the third chop. Much better solution. And afterwards I can redecorate! Win win!

outhouse01
07-13-14, 02:44 AM
The only way for them to 'fix' this is to restrict us from buying the logs... I don't think this is a glitch

Could possibly be quite true. In that case, milk it, carve it, 3/4 chop it do whatever you have to do to get them. If only I had..... Oh, well, back to slogging it out the hard way.

BTW, did I say, milk it. Cheers

Anaboe
07-13-14, 03:43 AM
I just can't seem to get that Skunku-pie quest :(

Got already 75 Glimmer Shards and 65 Glimmer Fragments, and 99 Piles of Seeds, so there's no need for me to use this glitch, I got that going for me, which is nice.

belbar22
07-13-14, 03:51 AM
I don't think this is a glitch, else Pika would have said something. It's not *****ing either. I think it was deliberate to help with the sister sister goal. And you can only take limited advantage as logs take up a lot of room! I think this is just a helping hand from them and I'm grateful....

Oh, I'm having a used log sale soon!

Lol. Me too. I now have 103 logs in my kingdom. Can't quite bring myself to sell them as I always need wood.

SpiritWind00
07-13-14, 04:16 AM
Lol. Me too. I now have 103 logs in my kingdom. Can't quite bring myself to sell them as I always need wood.

I know what you mean. I've been making beam and more beams as I don't like wasting wood either, but in the end, there's only so much wood you can hold. I can't believe I didn't realise about selling the log after 2 chops. Sometimes it's good to have blonde hair! I had about that many logs too, but didn't want to put too much other stuff in storage to find room for logs. Plus I built another 3 conservatories as seeds and fertiliser are low low low! As I have no other goals, I'm happy to keep plodding along.

Queenzod
07-13-14, 05:41 AM

Got already 75 Glimmer Shards and 65 Glimmer Fragments, and 99 Piles of Seeds, so there's no need for me to use this glitch, I got that going for me, which is nice.

I got a skunkupie out of the trade plants with belladonna this morning so maybe one will pop up for you too!

beazyweazy
07-13-14, 07:07 AM
Just maxed out on glimmer shards and fragments, thank you glitch!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-13-14, 08:01 AM
The only way for them to 'fix' this is to restrict us from buying the logs... I don't think this is a glitch

..as well as the deadwood tree, birch tree and small rock pile, since the same feature applies to those fortunes too. And I don't see that restriction happening either. It's not a glitch and it's not *****ing to walk through a back door -- it's SMART. lol

Let's all just call this type of oversight a windfall, horde up while we can and keep it on the DOWNLOW like QZ first mentioned, jeez lol....cuz mark my words, now that it's been revealed & we're talking about it so much & TL realizes they left a back door open, there probably won't be any more future fortunes that require more than 1 chop to destroy it. All future fortunes will probably be a collection from a building or a specific number of something (like, harvest 3 glimmerbulbs or collect from 5 flowers, etc) or a SINGLE chop item (like the fern or patch of grass).
Yep, after this round of updates, we may as well say good-bye to back door fortunes. Lol
Thanks a lot, big mouths LOL (no harm intended to anyone so don't get feathers riled please lol)

Ps. *good long look in the mirror* ... Talking about it myself & practically handing TL the solution for future fortunes makes me a big mouth, too lol.
Look what y'all made me do! Y'all are like a mob & a bad influence on people!! Lol

rosewaterlily
07-13-14, 10:22 AM

I can't get it either and haven't collected from my fortune teller's tent since the skunkupie quest popped up, until I read this thread and decided 5 gems to skip is worth infinite glimmer bits! I was prepared to never collect from my tent again since I hate skipping with gems but I had a windfall of 8 gems from dark caves just now so I figured why not. :P I have a terribly unbalanced glimmer inventory, like 45 fragments to 0 shards (only seven inscriptions so far), so I need another resource for them desperately. I'm also closing in on maxing out on mithril thanks to my mithril dragon and have been longing to turn 30 of them into adamant except for being bottlenecked on the glimmer parts.

CottageRose
07-13-14, 11:19 AM
With the complexity of today's software, it is da#n near impossible to write perfect code that foresees all unintended loopholes ("windfalls"). Indeed, very little in real life is perfect. I'm just grateful that most of these little glitches do not stop us from playing.

Yes, I enjoyed the temporary windfall, and yes, I tapped once too many times and chopped my third chop. I'm still happy I can keep playing. And no, the remainder of the possible fortune windfalls don't interest me, so I will happily work through the rest of the fortunes while waiting for the Fairy quests to resume - hopefully soon. :D

mullane1
07-13-14, 02:23 PM
I'm going to say this again. I have no problem with this, or any other glitches, and players taking advantage of it. I really don't. I meant "*****ing" in the loosest sense, as it pertained to this situation. I probably should have kept it to "taking advantage of".

I was only pointing out that someone posted about not liking that another posted publicly about this glitch, in an attempt to keep it from reaching TL, and if it weren't for that post, a lot of players, myself included, wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Really, I have no problem with ANYONE who finds a way around something.

I really don't want to keep discussing this. As I said, I'm really not here to argue.

Queenzod
07-13-14, 02:42 PM
I'm going to say this again. I have no problem with this, or any other glitches, and players taking advantage of it. I really don't. I meant "*****ing" in the loosest sense, as it pertained to this situation. I probably should have kept it to "taking advantage of".

I was only pointing out that someone posted about not liking that another posted publicly about this glitch, in an attempt to keep it from reaching TL, and if it weren't for that post, a lot of players, myself included, wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Really, I have no problem with ANYONE who finds a way around something.

I really don't want to keep discussing this. As I said, I'm really not here to argue.

AND IT WAS A JOKE! You keep saying you don't want to discuss it, but you keep coming on here and talking about it!

I'm sorry already! sheesh!

maguar
07-13-14, 02:58 PM
This thread has gotten into a sensitive area. The possibility to cause offense etc by continuing to discuss whether actions are *****ing or not is there. Ie people could read statements as accusations of *****ing which others will take exception to and then the whole thread could flare up.

So to summarise the topic and put it to bed, TL is aware of the situation, at this stage no changes have been made. I'll leave the final words to PikaSquirrel:

rabsos
07-13-14, 03:33 PM

True but at least no one is complaining that there isn't anything for them to do, I say let them when they get tired and finish out one quest they will still have something to work on afterwards. Plus it's nice to restock on needed supplies we will take it as a gift! Thanks TeamLava!!!

tigarlilyvol
07-13-14, 03:47 PM
Just sent in inscription 19 and logs to fill up fragments and shards, then gleefully finished chopping log 3 times with a big thank you to TL. Will hopefully be through with Sister Sister by Thursday. Yeah!

zoeywoey
07-13-14, 06:32 PM
Can somebody please help, I;m stuck with the fortune..I'm starving,,says don't eat your next meal. Ivy's fortune told me not to eat this..been trying to cook everything..

meme1098
07-13-14, 07:48 PM
Can somebody please help, I;m stuck with the fortune..I'm starving,,says don't eat your next meal. Ivy's fortune told me not to eat this..been trying to cook everything..

Is that the one you need the skunkupie for?
I think you need to do the belladonna trade in the exchange to get that pie and it's not a sure drop. So you have to do it more than a few times.
Good luck!

SpiritWind00
07-13-14, 09:05 PM

Is it this one?? The Malicious Fortune
(I'm starving)
Collect from Old Thomas House x 1

SpiritWind00
07-14-14, 12:05 AM
Can I ask, how far over 99 has anyone been with dark seeds? Is the ability to go over the limit just for now whilst this current fortune in on foot or is that a normal thing like Trade tickets? Anyone have stacks?

iAyun
07-14-14, 01:34 AM
I always able to go over the limit for Love stone (max 99).
That is because Love Shack not disable Love Stone option even in my current storage I have over 99.
BUT, after 99, I only able to collect 1 Love Stone. Normally, I can collect 10 Love Stones.
I think this logic apply to Dark Seeds.
Hope this helps.. :D

iAyun
07-14-14, 01:44 AM
I think, this is not a *****.. This is a fortune (a big one).. Always is.. *peace yo, this is just a game* :D
I need to say this, the recommendation from PikaSquirrel has the opposite direction from "The Glimmer Rock Fortune" description.
The description says, "It's something you'll trip over when you least expect it in the Kingdom (Let it go! You'll trip on something eventually!)"

So, take your time, no need to rush it.. :D
If there is no spoiler here, I would not know that the fortune activate everytime I chop old log.. :D

This thread has gotten into a sensitive area. The possibility to cause offense etc by continuing to discuss whether actions are *****ing or not is there. Ie people could read statements as accusations of *****ing which others will take exception to and then the whole thread could flare up.

So to summarise the topic and put it to bed, TL is aware of the situation, at this stage no changes have been made. I'll leave the final words to PikaSquirrel:

Beleriand
07-14-14, 09:59 AM
This is the next fortune in line for me. I should get to it in the next two or three visits. I have got my logs bought in preparation. Glimmer bits come to mama.

jimboser
07-14-14, 01:13 PM
I never bought the Fortune Teller, for the Glimmer dust/shards alone I'd consider it, but then I'd have to burn through all the other 22 fortunes just to get to this one. Hmmm...

PikaSquirrel
07-14-14, 03:10 PM

If you choose to stay on one of these Goals to collect more materials, you are welcome to do so. We will not be making changes to these recent Fortunes. However, staying on one of these Fortune Goals will prevent you from moving onto the next ones.

Queenzod
07-14-14, 03:59 PM
Just as an update, I have been utilizing the new fortune exclusively since Friday. I've managed to make 4 inscriptions (still have 3 to do), and now I'm out of fertilizer. So, it's back to waiting for dribs and drabs, but it was great while it lasted! I'm also taking dark seeds over 99. Got to 113 at one point before I could use them up. Energy also an issue. I've calmed down now (in more ways than one), but I think I'll stick with this for a while. The other fortunes can wait til I'm good and ready to move on.

Thanks, TL, for this! This was wonderful and very much appreciated!

AVAL0NIAN
07-14-14, 05:27 PM
I've done 4 inscriptions too. I'll top up some of my resources and max up the glimmer shards and fragments. Before moving on to the other fortunes. Hoping to get to the pile of seeds fortune to restore my stores before the next update. Thanks TL for the downpour after the drought. Looking forward too the updates glimmergate was referring to. Good luck all and happy hunting.

Castloninian
07-14-14, 11:03 PM
Just as an update, I have been utilizing the new fortune exclusively since Friday. I've managed to make 4 inscriptions (still have 3 to do), and now I'm out of fertilizer. So, it's back to waiting for dribs and drabs, but it was great while it lasted! I'm also taking dark seeds over 99. Got to 113 at one point before I could use them up. Energy also an issue. I've calmed down now (in more ways than one), but I think I'll stick with this for a while. The other fortunes can wait til I'm good and ready to move on.

Thanks, TL, for this! This was wonderful and very much appreciated!
I am in the same boat, maxed on glimmerbits now but very low on fertiliser and seeds. I need about 55 more plants now and have enough seeds for about 30 so the end is coming in sight. Looked a bit odd muttering 'poop, POOP' at my cows when collecting though.

Queenzod
07-14-14, 11:36 PM
I am in the same boat, maxed on glimmerbits now but very low on fertiliser and seeds. I need about 55 more plants now and have enough seeds for about 30 so the end is coming in sight. Looked a bit odd muttering 'poop, POOP' at my cows when collecting though.

Lol, so true! I'm so tense when I collect from my cows! Why don't chickens produce poo? I thought chicken, um, poo was good compost.

SpiritWind00
07-15-14, 12:04 AM
Sheep are good for fertiliser drops too... I think I have my fingers crossed for them more than cows! I too am very grateful to Team Lava for this fortune. Thank you a million times!

belbar22
07-15-14, 02:04 AM
Sheep are good for fertiliser drops too... I think I have my fingers crossed for them more than cows! I too am very grateful to Team Lava for this fortune. Thank you a million times!

Thanks for the tip. Never thought of collecting from sheep for fertiliser. I am constantly maxed on milk so need to collect eggs for trade and have made loads of ice-cream. Now just need to build my sugar supplies up again. This is such a balancing act. I have made 2 inscriptions since this fortune appeared. Only 11 more to go!!!

cmgermaine
07-15-14, 04:36 AM
During the first cow collection on Gross Fortune- I was about to get my extra fertilizer and a Fangbest popped up at same as the Fortune Teller storyboard banner with the dialog came up. I only got 1 fertilizer instead of 10. How do I get the rest?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-15-14, 06:55 AM
Lol, so true! I'm so tense when I collect from my cows! Why don't chickens produce poo? I thought chicken, um, poo was good compost.
...and PIGS! ... They poop, too! Where's their compost? lol

Thorgal
07-15-14, 11:57 PM
I'm quite happy about this glitch... I have 99 trap plants and 99 pitcher plant, but of course no flower.... So given it's quite frustrating collection all the stuff needed just to get you are maxed out on trap plants... and no flowers...

But I guess I'm supposed to gem-skip..

belbar22
07-16-14, 04:44 AM
Aargh. I could cry. I have just accidentally clicked a log for a third time and completed this quest. Still only have 9 inscriptions and only a few shards and fragments. So back to a long slow slog to complete this goal. Still I reckon I will have been able to complete about 3 extra inscriptions. I am such an idiot. Although on the bright side (and there must be one). I will be able to chop the rest of my 148 logs and get my kingdom back.

Now 2 hours later I have run out of glimmer shards. Still have 78 dark seeds though. Ho hum:(

About 2 more hours later and I have just lost 20gems in a gem trap. Guess it is just not my day. Seriously thinking of not touching my game till tomorrow.

rosewaterlily
07-16-14, 10:48 AM
I think my tent is broken, since I skipped the skunkupie fortune in hopes of getting to the glimmer one eventually, I've collected four times and no fortunes whatsoever. Usually there's like a 2 or 3 collection interval between fortunes, no? Even weirder is that the refresh rate for the tent is now 16 hours, an I swear it used to be 22 because I put it with my 22 hour buildings and have my 16 hour buildings in another cluster (avoids gem traps better this way).

kooky panda
07-16-14, 10:55 AM
I think my tent is broken, since I skipped the skunkupie fortune in hopes of getting to the glimmer one eventually, I've collected four times and no fortunes whatsoever. Usually there's like a 2 or 3 collection interval between fortunes, no? Even weirder is that the refresh rate for the tent is now 16 hours, an I swear it used to be 22 because I put it with my 22 hour buildings and have my 16 hour buildings in another cluster (avoids gem traps better this way).
The collection time did change. I have been getting fortunes every third collection. I do not think it is for certain that it is 3 times.
You can always send an email to support@teamlava.com if you think your tent should be checked.

DessertWolf
07-16-14, 01:11 PM
I think my tent is broken, since I skipped the skunkupie fortune in hopes of getting to the glimmer one eventually, I've collected four times and no fortunes whatsoever. Usually there's like a 2 or 3 collection interval between fortunes, no? Even weirder is that the refresh rate for the tent is now 16 hours, an I swear it used to be 22 because I put it with my 22 hour buildings and have my 16 hour buildings in another cluster (avoids gem traps better this way). Collections for some fortunes may take more than 4 times to receive the Fortune Goal. If you don't receive a fortune after many attempts, please let support@teamlava.com know so they can look into your account. In regards to the refresh timer, the Fortune Tent is currently a 16 Hour Timer. Hope this helps, thanks!

DrP4ever
07-16-14, 06:50 PM
Thank you for this! My last one is currently at the Royal Exchange. I will keep chopping though to refresh my stores a bit. But thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

DrP4ever
07-16-14, 10:39 PM
And it is finally finished. Without this fortune it would be months and months. Finally done with Sister Sister and don't fever want to see it come back unless we get more drops. Thank you!

kitrakat76
07-17-14, 05:16 AM
I'm not understanding how some of you are finishing sister sister even with the glitch. It takes 17 different plants to fill one order. An hour to get each plant so thats 17 hrs a day and thats if u get the right combo. Then 5 hrs to make one trade. Say you are lucky enough to make one a day thats still weeks of work. Now that we finally have some of the supplies to make them its still gonna take a lot of time. At least for me ive got 19 more to go. Is there some trick I'm missing or are you guys spending gems to speed up the process? Please help, I'm already over it.

Queenzod
07-17-14, 05:54 AM
I'm not understanding how some of you are finishing sister sister even with the glitch. It takes 17 different plants to fill one order. An hour to get each plant so thats 17 hrs a day and thats if u get the right combo. Then 5 hrs to make one trade. Say you are lucky enough to make one a day thats still weeks of work. Now that we finally have some of the supplies to make them its still gonna take a lot of time. At least for me ive got 19 more to go. Is there some trick I'm missing or are you guys spending gems to speed up the process? Please help, I'm already over it.

Do you have two greenhouses? That cuts down the time. I still have 6 plants to go, and I'm considering paying gems to just get it over with. Or, maybe I'll slog it out. It's so aggravating to click on the greenhouse and have the wrong plant pop out. How many times do we have to go through this random drop nonsense?

tigarlilyvol
07-17-14, 06:28 AM
That's what I did, gemmed the last 3, I just wanted it to be over, over now.

Chaotarch
07-17-14, 06:38 AM
It's so aggravating to click on the greenhouse and have the wrong plant pop out. How many times do we have to go through this random drop nonsense?

the funning thing of the random drops is, if you have finished sister, sister you ( i ) get traps and pitches konstantly for the trade. 1 or 2 in different, buts ok:rolleyes:
or i am a lucky gamer in plantthings, who knows?:confused:

kitrakat76
07-17-14, 06:39 AM
I didn't know you could have more than one greenhouse. Stupid me, that will help a lot. So there was something I was missing, glad I asked. Still gonna take forever but this will help. Thx so much

pigricesnow
07-17-14, 09:31 AM
What is Forgotten Roost ?? Please....Help ~~~

DrP4ever
07-17-14, 11:05 AM
No gem skipping, just using my two greenhouses to keep things moving along. So glad it's over!

DrP4ever
07-17-14, 11:07 AM
What is Forgotten Roost ?? Please....Help ~~~

Forgotten roost is the tall stone structure with a birds nest on top.

katbtodd
07-20-14, 05:17 AM
The Fragrant Fortune

I only got 5 ,,,is this wrong,,⬆️⬆️⬆️ And I was not max

worldofdreams
07-21-14, 05:40 AM
After all this time, I've just bought a fortune tent - looking forward to all the catching up I've got to do:D!.....Happy Days

kooky panda
07-21-14, 07:26 AM
The Fragrant Fortune

Please send an email to support@teamlava.com so an agent can check your game.

oliverrr11
07-21-14, 07:28 AM
The Fragrant Fortune

It's a petal, not gems. Click a flower

katbtodd
07-21-14, 10:39 AM
It's a petal, not gems. Click a flower

?? No it was conservatory I got the quest dialog but only got 5 red petals and it said we get 6,, I was just wondering if there was a mistake that's all

PikaSquirrel
07-23-14, 10:30 AM
The amount of Red Petals you can receive from this Fortune will vary. You can get an amount between 5 to 10 Red Petals. You can get 10 Red Petals if you're SUPER lucky.

katbtodd
07-24-14, 05:39 AM

Thank you,,, I recieved a letter,from support saying my game worked right,,, and I knew I saw the number 5 , thanks know I'm not going crazy now...

jackielmoffitt
07-24-14, 06:54 PM
I just bought the tent recently, but I've noticed listed under Rewards it is completely empty. No rewards listed, at least on the last three fortunes, which I've watched closely. I'm currently on The Funny Fortune. Can an admin check my acct or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
PS this is my first post! ��

dragon2046
07-24-14, 07:02 PM
I just bought the tent recently, but I've noticed listed under Rewards it is completely empty. No rewards listed, at least on the last three fortunes, which I've watched closely. I'm currently on The Funny Fortune. Can an admin check my acct or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Check your inventory it should be in there cuz I thought the first couple I didn't get anything either. :)

maguar
07-24-14, 07:03 PM

When the tent was originally in the game you didn't get the fortunes in the book. The rewards popped up (as items) when you completed the goal. Now that the fortunes are in the book the reward section is blank but the rewards still popup when you complete the fortune. So for the wheat one when you collect wheat you get two per harvest for 15 collections. For the dead tree you get fruit when chopping the dead trees etc.

jackielmoffitt
07-24-14, 07:54 PM
When the tent was originally in the game you didn't get the fortunes in the book. The rewards popped up (as items) when you completed the goal. Now that the fortunes are in the book the reward section is blank but the rewards still popup when you complete the fortune. So for the wheat one when you collect wheat you get two per harvest for 15 collections. For the dead tree you get fruit when chopping the dead trees etc.

Thank you!!

Queenzod
07-24-14, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if you are maxed on the item, will the fortune take you over 99?

claupu
07-24-14, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know if you are maxed on the item, will the fortune take you over 99?

I'm still doing the Glimmer Rock Fortune and I can't get over 99 Fragments and Shards.

I hate tripping over logs on every occasion, but my neighbors love looking under them so find some hearts :o.

Queenzod
07-24-14, 11:10 PM
I'm still doing the Glimmer Rock Fortune and I can't get over 99 Fragments and Shards.

I hate tripping over logs on every occasion, but my neighbors love looking under them so find some hearts :o.

I've sold all my logs as I go along just so I won't accidentally tap one and lose the fortune, lol. Yes, and probably like you, I'm just starting to contemplate moving on to the next fortune after that one. But most of the next ones give me stuff I'm maxed on, so if they don't, maybe I'll stick with this one and take my dark seeds up over 200. Or more. To infinity...and beyond! :)

belbar22
07-25-14, 08:57 AM
I've sold all my logs as I go along just so I won't accidentally tap one and lose the fortune, lol. Yes, and probably like you, I'm just starting to contemplate moving on to the next fortune after that one. But most of the next ones give me stuff I'm maxed on, so if they don't, maybe I'll stick with this one and take my dark seeds up over 200. Or more. To infinity...and beyond! :)

Now why didn't I adopt that strategy. I had so many logs in my kingdom I chopped one by mistake and ended the fortune. Was sobbing for a week and have only just come out of therapy.

jimboser
07-25-14, 09:31 AM
I finally broke down and bought the Fortune Teller just to get this goal. I'm just finishing up the wheat now. It's a long term goal, just like getting all those inscriptions. ;)

Queenzod
07-25-14, 12:54 PM
So, is there a answer to my question about being maxed on stuff? Anybody? Beuller?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-25-14, 01:20 PM
So, is there a answer to my question about being maxed on stuff? Anybody? Beuller?
I don't think anyone has answered you yet because nobody can match your hoarding s****s and isn't maxed on everything the fortune teller gives lol. :-*

Queenzod
07-25-14, 01:45 PM
I don't think anyone has answered you yet because nobody can match your hoarding s****s and isn't maxed on everything the fortune teller gives lol. :-*

I was hoping for an answer from TL. :) and, you know, the funny thing is, IRL I'm so not a hoarder. I cannot stand feeling cluttered. After my dad died and I had to take all his stuff into my space, I was in agony for *months* until I could dispurse the extra furniture and whatnots. But in this game, I must have all of everything! Maybe because it doesn't take up any actual space, lol.

zoo123g
07-27-14, 08:19 AM
im still on the first fortune. i need that shards to finish the sister sister goal

Anaboe
07-27-14, 04:08 PM
I've been on the Ivy's Hungry Tummy quest for ages now, the Trade with Belladonna is hard: I never seem to get 15 rat tails, and the trade never comes back with an Skunky-pie. So it seems I never will continue on this questline :(

How long dit it take you to finish this one?

maguar
07-27-14, 04:51 PM
I got a Skunkupie from the plant trade with belladonna so it looks like there are two trades that can drop it.

Anaboe
07-27-14, 05:24 PM
Don't have that trade yet :(

JustKay
07-27-14, 06:59 PM
I got two skunkpies a long long time ago and have been scratching my head on what they were good for. I think one of them might have come from Mr Pigglesworth.

gunnysmum
08-02-14, 08:52 AM
I am thrilled that I am now maxed on super glue. It's kinda sad. I have no more fortunes to look forward to! Thanks for the selling log tip. It has paid off three times!

Queenzod
08-02-14, 10:54 AM
Do dark seeds go bad? Lol, I now have 202, thanks to that little old log glitch. I'm thinking it might be time to move on. Maybe. Mayhaps I should get to 500?

Castloninian
08-02-14, 10:56 AM
Do dark seeds go bad? Lol, I now have 202, thanks to that little old log glitch. I'm thinking it might be time to move on. Maybe. Mayhaps I should get to 500?
I finished Sister Sister, got 200 dark seeds and back full in glimmerbits and then thought it was time to move on. I got a bit bored using up so much energy on logs but I definitely made the most of it.

gunnysmum
08-03-14, 11:55 AM
You can do the same thing with the small rock pile! I have 99 super glue. :)

queenofpolharcity
08-18-14, 10:49 AM
I always able to go over the limit for Love stone (max 99).
That is because Love Shack not disable Love Stone option even in my current storage I have over 99.
BUT, after 99, I only able to collect 1 Love Stone. Normally, I can collect 10 Love Stones.
I think this logic apply to Dark Seeds.
Hope this helps.. :D

There was a glitch in the Love Shack when the Valentine Edition of CS came out. There are several things in there that will allow you to go over the 99 limit. In fact there are a few items throughout the kingdom that will allow it, but they are rare.

dizzy7373
09-21-14, 11:10 PM
I bought a fortune teller tent just for the glimmer fortune, finally made it to that fortune, works great.
But looks like their has been an update and I can't sell the old logs.
I will have a lot of debris for a while whilst I get lots of glimmer parts.

Mistymoo50
09-24-14, 05:23 AM
I bought a fortune teller tent just for the glimmer fortune, finally made it to that fortune, works great.
But looks like their has been an update and I can't sell the old logs.
I will have a lot of debris for a while whilst I get lots of glimmer parts.

I did the same thing but I am still able to 'sell' the old logs as long as I don't move them somewhere else first. You don't get any money for them but at least once they are gone you cannot chop them by mistake.

dizzy7373
09-24-14, 12:41 PM
Worked out the issue, old logs that I had saved from expanding are not sellable, but any old log that I have bought from the market can be sold after 2 chops.
At the moment I can't think of any reason to not keep this fortune.

FairyPrincess09
10-04-14, 07:57 PM
Can anyone tell me where the forgotten roost is in order to complete the fishy fortune?

zenobia42
10-04-14, 09:05 PM
This is the forgotten roost. It is two expansions northwest of where Ivy was and is also 2 expansions northeast of the where the troll king was found. Near the top of the map.

FairyPrincess09
10-05-14, 05:19 AM
Thank you!!!

moddie1
10-12-14, 01:04 PM
The Fishy Fortune
Rewards: Mercury Feast x 1 i don't know where to find this please help Forgotten Roost

meme1098
10-12-14, 01:18 PM
The Fishy Fortune
Rewards: Mercury Feast x 1 i don't know where to find this please help Forgotten Roost

There's a picture of the forgotten roost right above your post. #136

sail147
10-13-14, 06:49 PM
I have been stuck on the shinning fortune for the better part of the month. Did it take anyone else this long to collect this fortune? I have tried to force close the game and that has not helped

meme1098
10-13-14, 08:44 PM
I have been stuck on the shinning fortune for the better part of the month. Did it take anyone else this long to collect this fortune? I have tried to force close the game and that has not helped

According to the fortune teller thread:
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458

You need to collect from the observatory.

sail147
10-14-14, 07:36 AM
I have been collecting from the observation constantly to no avail. I will send a message to TL

meme1098
10-14-14, 11:03 AM
I have been collecting from the observation constantly to no avail. I will send a message to TL

The building with the spinning globe on top, right. Is the fortune still in your goal book?
TL should be able to check your game then if you emailed support. Hope they figure it out for you.

sail147
10-14-14, 11:26 AM
The building with the spinning globe on top, right. Is the fortune still in your goal book?
TL should be able to check your game then if you emailed support. Hope they figure it out for you.

I was tapping the conservatory not the observatory! Thanks for the help, I am building it now.

meme1098
10-14-14, 12:13 PM
So glad you figured it out! :D

Jir67
10-28-14, 04:30 AM
I'm a couple of fortune away from the Glimmer Rock fortune!!!!
I hope that this help me completing "sister Sister" since I'm only at 5 incription...
I just completeted the request fo the 5 incr. for the lessons...

Jir67
11-07-14, 02:54 AM
Next fortune will be the "glimmer rock" so I can go ahed with "sister sister" faster! I'm at 6th inscription....

Blanche_Lady
11-07-14, 10:33 AM
I see the Sister sister quest as a glitch so this just corrects for that. Finally something working in our favor. I spent the gems 38 actually to have 2 attempts to get the fortune teller quest. Strike while the iron is hot. Good luck.

How do I use this glitch in my favor? I can't find in the forum how you keep this fortune working
Thank you

azriX2012
11-07-14, 10:44 AM
How do I use this glitch in my favor? I can't find in the forum how you keep this fortune working
Thank you

"Glimmer rock fortune: BEST FORTUNE EVER !!!!!

Just chop twice and sell the old log :-) "

Keep repeating the process. If you chop 3 times the glitch will no longer be "available".

azriX2012
11-07-14, 10:46 AM
Are there new fortune teller quests? I got the message today, collected from the tent but got nothing. I know it's not always at the first try. But anyone knows anything?

Blanche_Lady
11-07-14, 10:51 AM
"Glimmer rock fortune: BEST FORTUNE EVER !!!!!

Just chop twice and sell the old log :-) "

Keep repeating the process. If you chop 3 times the glitch will no longer be "available".

THANK YOU!!
Too bad I learn this so late in sister sister, I have been planting a lot of fellora plants to get seeds!

azriX2012
11-07-14, 10:55 AM
THANK YOU!!
Too bad I learn this so late in sister sister, I have been planting a lot of fellora plants to get seeds!

Me too... I did this fortune a while back, but I just started Sister Sister two weeks ago. So yeah it's going to take a while lol :)

jodi0122
11-07-14, 11:33 AM
So they are repeating the same "Glimmer Rock Fortune"? What about the other ones?

GiselleX16
11-07-14, 11:42 AM
Just a note that this is the July update thread, not the brand new November updates. I don't think anyone has reported yet on the new fortunes.

jodi0122
11-07-14, 11:54 AM
That's what I was thinking, thank you

azriX2012
11-07-14, 03:26 PM
Here they are http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller (updated post with new fortunes)

Liloze
11-07-14, 03:36 PM
Strange I still did not get any pop up telling the fortune teller is back, collected twice still nothing! :confused:

kooky panda
11-07-14, 03:57 PM
All sets of fortunes are now listed on post 1 of this thread

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller-UPDATED-11-7-14&p=720337&viewfull=1#post720337

KarleenO
11-11-14, 09:28 AM
The Shiny Fortune. Beat up monsters. (Monsters wearing jewelry?)

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do or "beat up"?

Hi everyone,

Here is today's update.

Fortune Teller Tent
We added 7 new fortunes! If you're all caught up and finished the last fortune that was available, you'll be able to access these new ones by collecting from your Fortune Teller a few times.

NEW Fortunes
The Glimmer Rock Fortune
The Gross Fortune
The Seedy Fortune
The Fishy Fortune
The Fragrant Fortune
The Shining Fortune
The Sticky Fortune

Good luck!

kooky panda
11-11-14, 09:41 AM
The Shiny Fortune. Beat up monsters. (Monsters wearing jewelry?)

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do or "beat up"?

The Shining Fortune

(It's some place dark!)

All fortunes sets are shown in post 1 of this thread here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller-UPDATED-11-7-14&p=720337&viewfull=1#post720337) so I am going to close this thread.