PDA

View Full Version : Inactive Players

ewoks1
07-09-14, 05:22 AM
In reading some of the posts these past couple of days, I've noticed members talking about deleting inactive players. I would like to do this, but how to I discern if a player is inactive? I've visited neighbors that I thought we're inactive, but I'm not sure what to look for. Is there a specific way to tell if a player has dropped the game? Obviously, if the player has a summer gazebo (even an unfinished one!) I know they are active, but what if the player just didn't do the quest and that's why they don't have one? Thanks!

PurpleScorpion76
07-09-14, 05:54 AM
I've wondered the same. I don't want to ask them to help on tasks if they've left. As it's a waste of an invitation.

EBJW
07-09-14, 06:20 AM
The way I did it:

I visited neighbours I thought were inactive, and checked specific working buildings (workshops, sawmills, mines, magic forges, windmills, glimmerbat habitat, observatory). When all was inactive I checked about a week later again. Still everything inactive? I'd leave a message at their wall saying I had removed them because I was cleaning out my neighbours and thought he/she was inactive. But if I assumed wrong, please accept my apology and invite me back as a neighbour (and added my ID)! (always be polite :)).

I removed about 20, and received about 2 invites (mistake, they were active after all).
No hard feelings, they understood. And I got rid of inactive neighbours.

Queenzod
07-09-14, 06:21 AM
Figuring out who is inactive is kind of complicated. Here's what I do:

1. Look at their wall. Are there active posts?
2. What is their heart rating? There are people who don't visit because of time/interest constraints, but in my mind if someone has a zero heart rating, that's a flag.
3. Can you tap hearts for them regularly? Buildings do reset over time, but if you're only getting hearts every 5 days or so, and there are a lot of broken hearts on their wall, that's another warning sign.
4. Write "are you still playing?" on their wall. If they don't respond, they're probably not playing.
5. Do they ever visit you?
6. Does their kingdom have some of the latest stuff?
7. Do they return your requests?

There's no absolute way to tell if someone is not playing. All you can do is try to piece together what you think by using the above tactics. If you're pretty convinced they're not playing, go ahead and delete them. If you like, you can post on their wall that you're deleting them and if you've made a mistake have them contact you.

Hope this helps!

EBJW
07-09-14, 06:25 AM
Ah yes, checking their walls! I did as well. Some have only very old messages, that's a hint as well....

jptheripper
07-09-14, 06:32 AM
I play constantly, and I would fail 6 of your tests (all but #6) and occasionally #7 based on how many that day. Just because we don't play the "social" part of the game, walls, hearts, etc doesnt mean we are not playing.

ewoks1
07-09-14, 06:46 AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I especially like the idea of posting something on their wall that I am deleting them because I think they are inactive, then giving them my I.d. so they can add me as a neighbor if I did delete in error.

Queenzod
07-09-14, 06:56 AM
I play constantly, and I would fail 6 of your tests (all but #6) and occasionally #7 based on how many that day. Just because we don't play the "social" part of the game, walls, hearts, etc doesnt mean we are not playing.

Then you would pass my little test. If you have the latest stuff, I know you're playing and won't delete you. I do have neighbors who have zero heart ratings and never visit, but I know they're playing. If I delete someone, it's because it appears they haven't been playing for months, not days. I didn't mean it as some hard and fast system. I was just explaining the pieces I use to try and assess if someone is playing or not. If TL would add some kind of date stamp to the neighbors list we wouldn't have to go through all this rigmarole.

As always, your mileage may vary! :)

EBJW
07-09-14, 07:05 AM

Just as Queenzod says you would pass my test as well: when someone is active I see specific buildings working in their kingdom! When all is down I check again later (and if I still have doubts, once again).

EBJW
07-09-14, 07:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I especially like the idea of posting something on their wall that I am deleting them because I think they are inactive, then giving them my I.d. so they can add me as a neighbor if I did delete in error.

It really worked for me.
There's always a possibility someone is on vacation, or ill, or....

But as I said, the neighbours I wronged understood.

cakefordinner
07-09-14, 07:09 AM
If they always have buildings with hearts (sure sign they're active), but don't visit/help/gift anyone (always 0 SR hearts), EVER, I remove them after a month.

I practice what I preach: I visit/help all my neighbors, almost daily, and rotate gifts (A-Z) to all with 3/4 SR hearts. I don't require proof (posting on my wall or notices on my news feed). Their SR rating is proof enough that they're active AND good neighbors :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-09-14, 08:11 AM
An add'l easy way to tell recently...if they're level 20+, do they have at least the base of the gazebo on their board?

EDIT: LOL, I just noticed (i.e., read more thoroughly lol) your initial post/question & you already mentioned this very thing (gazebo) lol... So... Disregard my suggestion lol

I do a lot of the same things already listed by others.
I also ask them on their wall "still playing??" - if I get no response in a week or 2, then I assume they're not playing and get the axe...or homemade wooden sword...or enchanted blade...or excalibam...or night glimmer sword...or day glimmer sword...or magic scissors...or hedge trimmer...or ice brand...or builder's hammer...or golden hammer...
Or when all else fails....the troll club! LOL

jptheripper
07-09-14, 09:52 AM
in the year+ i have been playing i think i have even looked at my wall maybe 3 times.

pixieblob
07-09-14, 10:00 AM
I make a list of everyone, then remove if they visit me, gift me or respond to a request. Or if i can see that they've got stuff from the latest updates. This gets rid of quite a few. The remaining ones I make a note of their level and the number of RP they have at that time, then check periodically. If these numbers change then they must still be playing so i remove from my list, if they haven't after a while then I'll get delete as a neighbour.

As a player, I don't always visit others or collect from all my buildings or look at my wall

Jir67
07-09-14, 01:12 PM
An add'l easy way to tell recently...if they're level 20+, do they have at least the base of the gazebo on their board?

My son play daily on his account, level 20+ and no Gazebo… not finished and he need space, so put in the inventory...

Queenzod
07-09-14, 01:44 PM
in the year+ i have been playing i think i have even looked at my wall maybe 3 times.

I guess if you never visit, don't respond to requests and never check your wall it won't be a surprise if someone deletes you!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-09-14, 02:19 PM
My son play daily on his account, level 20+ and no Gazebo? not finished and he need space, so put in the inventory...
Yes, but if he was my nbor....
1) I would have caught that cuz I visit all of mine daily & would have seen it before he stored it.
2) He probably would have also met some of my other criteria for being an active nbor FIRST (visits &/or gifts me in return & responds to my requests).

My suggestion for the gazebo on the board was just an *additional* thing to look for, not the only thing. :)

mariegoodley
07-09-14, 03:19 PM
If they always have buildings with hearts (sure sign they're active), but don't visit/help/gift anyone (always 0 SR hearts), EVER, I remove them after a month.

I practice what I preach: I visit/help all my neighbors, almost daily, and rotate gifts (A-Z) to all with 3/4 SR hearts. I don't require proof (posting on my wall or notices on my news feed). Their SR rating is proof enough that they're active AND good neighbors :)
I'm the same I visit each of my neighbours every day and if I see a neighbour with a zero sr then I will leave them a message to say I will be deleting in a few days as I assume they are no longer playing. I do have 3 neighbours at the moment with zero rating but they all messaged me to say why the wouldn't be playing e.g., holidays, so I don't delete them. I have had some people leave the game however have messaged me to let me no that they are no longer playing which I think is the best way so people aren't wasting time trying to work out if the player is active or not.

starbows
07-09-14, 04:10 PM
Never thought it would be important to have "active" neighbours. I don't mind when my neighbours never visit me or do not send gifts, since it is good for me to have them anyway:

When I visit them I might get energy which I am always short of.

As for presents, since it is only possible to send 3 gifts per day I really do not expect everybody to send me one. It is the energy which counts.

In addition, CS is not as community centered as other TL games:
People don't need to have a certain number of neighbours for expanding, it is not possible to request needed parts from neighbours via menu, when neighbours visit and "like" buildings this just adds a little money but not something really useful (at least after level 40 or so money is not so useful any more. Starters never have enough money due to high costs for expanding and quests like "give 500.000")

vizbiz11
07-09-14, 06:10 PM
I guess if you never visit, don't respond to requests and never check your wall it won't be a surprise if someone deletes you!

Thank you Queenzod! I agree completely. I'm glad this thread was started, because inactive neighbors have really been on my "hit list". In the past 5-6 weeks I've deleted over 70 neighbors.

I return visit all who visit me and try to visit all 200 of my neighbors 1-2 times per week. Granted, that's my choice-- I like to see how others decorate their kingdom. There may not be a huge social aspect to this game (mainly because the ease of social interface is lacking), but if someone doesn't want to visit neighbors, check their walls, or respond to requests, then you obviously don't need neighbors and should use gems to skip past that portion of any quest.

Why should I, or anyone, visit and keep un-neighborly neighbors?

ghjvcucjb
07-09-14, 09:21 PM
Here's what I use to do. Every 6 months when I see a new thread on deleting inactive neighbors I run to my neighbors list and starting with A-C then D-F (etc), I visit and check for new items, current wall postings and if buildings are at work. If it looks suspiciously inactive I post a nice message on their wall that I'm cleaning up my nbrs list and if they could please let me know if they are still playing. Then after a few days I get distracted and forget what I was doing. Then 6 months later start the whole thing again, notice that the last message on some of my neighbors' walls are 6 months old from me asking if they are still active and know those are the ones to delete.

Now I wait for a goal that requires asking my neighbors for help say 50 requests. I then send out about 30 a day for several days (solely to see who will respond) and make a list of everyone who responds. I give it a week after the goal is over (because responses will still come in after the goal is fulfill) and anyone who did not respond gets deleted. If it's someone I use to be in contact with, etc, I'll visit on them and ask them if they're still playing just to be sure.

Personally, I don't care if someone doesn't visits me regularly or taps hearts or has no social rating. I only care if they respond to requests. So if they aren't responding to those then I just let them go. (That has nothing to do with those neighbors I love and adore and regularly visit me. In those cases their visits are very important :-))

starbows
07-10-14, 07:29 AM
?..
Now I wait for a goal that requires asking my neighbors for help say 50 requests. I then send out about 30 a day for several days (solely to see who will respond) ...

But we cannot receive more than 20 requested items per day, I think. At least that's what I found. And it seems that some requests and the items take a few days to reach the intended recipient. (I have a few castles so I can check those things).

kudukuda
07-10-14, 10:18 AM
I use the level of the players. When sendinf out request I send to any player over 35+, unless it's a new invite that just started to play. But generally, I check to see if players up thier levels.
Obviously this system doesnt work when a level 50 player stops playing. But most level 50 players are still active.

tuskmage
07-10-14, 10:37 AM
To make life easy, just deleted all the current neighbors on our game & add whoever posting on this thread. That should give us enough active neighbors to finish any quest? ;)

hottrthanhott
07-10-14, 11:28 AM
To make life easy, just deleted all the current neighbors on our game & add whoever posting on this thread. That should give us enough active neighbors to finish any quest? ;)

You are funny. Lol But some of these suggestions WILL take a lot of work and take time from actually playing the game. So I see why your approach seems so tempting lol

Some people take a break of the game and only come back from time to time to gift back or answer requests and sometimes collect. These players sometimes don't even read their wall but when they are fully active again, they will read the message of cleaning the wall and add them if a mistake and I'm sure they will re-add.

Good luck!

Castloninian
07-10-14, 11:47 AM

Good idea but that would rely on everyone actually accepting your new neighbour request or you end up with no neighbours. I've been getting a ton of new neighbour requests out of nowhere recently. They didn't visit or write on my wall so must have just got my ID from the forum. Unless I recognise a name from the forum I ignore the requests.

kudukuda
07-10-14, 11:59 AM
Good idea but that would rely on everyone actually accepting your new neighbour request or you end up with no neighbours. I've been getting a ton of new neighbour requests out of nowhere recently. They didn't visit or write on my wall so must have just got my ID from the forum. Unless I recognise a name from the forum I ignore the requests.
I visit you often, but just assumed you were full of neighbours. i also get requests out of the blue. i often accept them.when quests need neighbours, I send to those i KNOW are playing. It usually works for me.

meme1098
07-10-14, 12:11 PM

I don't accept nbr requests either if they don't even bother to visit. I mean when they send the request they have the option to visit, whereas, I can't visit them so I delete.

Castloninian
07-10-14, 12:22 PM
I visit you often, but just assumed you were full of neighbours. i also get requests out of the blue. i often accept them.when quests need neighbours, I send to those i KNOW are playing. It usually works for me.
Oh yes, I remember you. I do have enough neighbours (only like 60 or so but enough for me) but never mind adding someone from the forum that I actually recognise.

tuskmage
07-10-14, 12:23 PM

Personally, I never reject anyone requested me as a neighbor & I never deleted anyone off neither :o I don't really care if they are active or not;) I never had any issue with the require items for quest that I need to request from neighbors :o However, there's one neighbor that I really want to delete from my list is Stormie's. Nothing, I just want to delete him because I can't. :cool: I just hate to live with someone that's not by my choice.

PS. at least those player who send us neighbor request are active players so try not to decline them if we care about having active neighbors. Cheers (^=o=^)

Castloninian
07-10-14, 12:25 PM
Personally, I never reject anyone requested me as a neighbor & I never deleted anyone off neither :o I don't really care if they are active or not;) I never had any issue with the require items for quest that I need to request from neighbors :o However, there's one neighbor that I really want to delete from my list is Stormie's. Nothing, I just want to delete him because I can't. :cool: I just hate to live with someone that's not by my choice.

PS. at least those player who send us neighbor request are active players so try not to decline them if we care about having active neighbors. Cheers (^=o=^)
I know but I like to be in touch with my neighbours and visit most days and sometimes post on walls. If I have too many I won't be able to do that. I'd rather look after the group I have than have too many.

meme1098
07-10-14, 12:30 PM

So did you delete all your neighbors? Or not?? You contradicted yourself there. Just wondering....lol

ghjvcucjb
07-10-14, 12:34 PM
But we cannot receive more than 20 requested items per day, I think. At least that's what I found. And it seems that some requests and the items take a few days to reach the intended recipient. (I have a few castles so I can check those things).

Yes, you can only receive 20 a day but you can send out as many as you want. There's a debate about clogging the system so that's why I only send out about 10 extra a day. I still receive return request for up to a week after my goals finish that's why I said I wait at least a week before making decisions.

At one time I had over a thousand neighbors. Too many to maintain so editing is important to me. When I did my first BIG edit, including writing on every wall, some several times with no response, I ended up deleting close to 400 inactive players. That's a huge amount to sift through in hopes of getting request responses for timed goals.

tuskmage
07-10-14, 12:43 PM
So did you delete all your neighbors? Or not?? You contradicted yourself there. Just wondering....lol

No not yet :p But can I add you as my neighbor after I delete them off please? I really want you to be my first neighbor after I do the population control :cool:

ashanthya
07-10-14, 12:53 PM
You can't actually tell by how many hearts someone has whether or not they're active. Hearts update when you log in, so someone who stopped playing with 4 hearts is going to remain forever at 4 hearts. For instance, one of my neighbors had to reset her phone and ended up with a different kingdom. TL eventually were able to help her regain her original kingdom and her 'baby' kingdom has been locked in 4 hearts ever since, even though it's been about half a year since she logged in to it. Personally, when I need to request something from my neighbors, I just do a quick check of my news feed and wall then send to them. Anyone else gets sent a return request if they send to me. :) That keeps me more than covered.

Also, tuskmage, you're starting to worry me with your talk of "population control!" O.o;

mariegoodley
07-10-14, 02:19 PM
I have 115 neighbours I try to keep close to 100 mark then you get to know your neighbours so gifting becomes easier and sending requests to people you no will defiantly reply quickly. I delete people nearly every fortnight, so I can add players who will respond to request and be helpful if I need it and I can do the same for them :)

ewoks1
07-10-14, 05:36 PM
No not yet :p But can I add you as my neighbor after I delete them off please? I really want you to be my first neighbor after I do the population control :cool:

Add me if you want, I started this thread and I need some active neighbors! Ewoks1

Sylvaniaskingdom
12-03-14, 07:26 AM
I've got lots of inactive neighbours another way to tell is if they haven't gone up any levels, I have several who have been on level 12 for months, only problem I have is I don't know how to delete them, can someone help me here

Sylvaniaskingdom
12-03-14, 07:29 AM
Please could you let me know how to delete neighbours I have over 100 but at least half are inactive and I begrudge adding more in case the same happens, if I can get rid of some of the ones I have then I don't mind having more.

Many thanks SylvaniasKingdom

Deborah1981
12-03-14, 08:50 AM
I don't understand why anyone would delete inactive players, its one of the few ways to get hearts easily. Active players have active friends and almost NEVER have any hearts.

Just my 2c.

tigarlilyvol
12-03-14, 08:54 AM
Please could you let me know how to delete neighbours I have over 100 but at least half are inactive and I begrudge adding more in case the same happens, if I can get rid of some of the ones I have then I don't mind having more.

Many thanks SylvaniasKingdom
From Main Menu, click Social, then center Neighbor's tab. This brings up all your neighbors. At top right corner, there is a blue button labeled Edit, click this button. There will be a remove button next to your neighbors name, click to remove that neighbor. Just remember to click DONE when finished

roguebee
12-03-14, 10:33 AM
I don't understand why anyone would delete inactive players, its one of the few ways to get hearts easily. Active players have active friends and almost NEVER have any hearts.

Just my 2c.

If they are inactive, once a heart is popped, it is gone until they start playing again.

What you want is a high level hermit without a lot of friends who will always have hearts floating around their kingdom.

Queenzod
12-03-14, 11:48 AM
If they are inactive, once a heart is popped, it is gone until they start playing again.

What you want is a high level hermit without a lot of friends who will always have hearts floating around their kingdom.

Hearts will regenerate even in inactive kingdoms, so that makes it difficult to tell who's playing.

Liloze
12-03-14, 12:10 PM
Thank you Queenzod! I agree completely. I'm glad this thread was started, because inactive neighbors have really been on my "hit list". In the past 5-6 weeks I've deleted over 70 neighbors.

I return visit all who visit me and try to visit all 200 of my neighbors 1-2 times per week. Granted, that's my choice-- I like to see how others decorate their kingdom. There may not be a huge social aspect to this game (mainly because the ease of social interface is lacking), but if someone doesn't want to visit neighbors, check their walls, or respond to requests, then you obviously don't need neighbors and should use gems to skip past that portion of any quest.

Why should I, or anyone, visit and keep un-neighborly neighbors?
Couldn't agree more!
I always check my neighbors list every 3 months, and delete those who don't respond to requests, and don't visit, and finally the last test the famous question "Are you still playing?" !
I visit daily, leave message on walls and send gifts by order from the oldest to the newest, ( from bottom of the list up ^) to be fair to all who send gifts.
I have 6 established neighbors with whom I exchange gifts.
I am not sure why some people need more than 50 neighbors! How can they visit them all?! Except if they don't visit them and only wanting them just in case a goal require requests!
Which is a bit rude IMHO!
As far as I am concerned 50 is my limit and it is working for me :)

fluffybutter007
12-03-14, 12:22 PM

Not true. I can tap on (the same) buildings at my sister's kingdom and she's not played in over 1.5 years. They regenerate in inactive kingdoms, like Queenzod said.

Liloze
12-03-14, 12:24 PM

Same here, that is why I had to put the message in my signature !

Liloze
12-03-14, 12:27 PM
I know but I like to be in touch with my neighbours and visit most days and sometimes post on walls. If I have too many I won't be able to do that. I'd rather look after the group I have than have too many.

2 thumbs up :)

roguebee
12-03-14, 02:54 PM
Not true. I can tap on (the same) buildings at my sister's kingdom and she's not played in over 1.5 years. They regenerate in inactive kingdoms, like Queenzod said.

OK. I stand corrected. No root beer for me tonight.

dragon2046
12-03-14, 03:06 PM
I wish TL would put a "last played" date on there wall or somewhere on the screen of our kingdoms that would make it sooooo much easier cuz I have a lot of neighbors but only about 60 of them have any social hearts. I hate to not accept neighbor requests because I like to help everyone out and don't mind answer requests but there's no real easy way to tell who's playing and who isn't. I can not visit all my neighbors it would take forever so I just visit everyone who posts on my wall and visit people on the news lists. But would love an easy way to know if people have stopped playing.

Liloze
12-03-14, 03:15 PM
I wish TL would put a "last played" date on there wall or somewhere on the screen of our kingdoms that would make it sooooo much easier cuz I have a lot of neighbors but only about 60 of them have any social hearts. I hate to not accept neighbor requests because I like to help everyone out and don't mind answer requests but there's no real easy way to tell who's playing and who isn't. I can not visit all my neighbors it would take forever so I just visit everyone who posts on my wall and visit people on the news lists. But would love an easy way to know if people have stopped playing.

Absolutely! I have suggested a last "log in" date ( to show near each neigbor's name ) in the Poll Thread like one year ago. And I am sure others did to. Still TL isn't doing anything about it :(
Just like the dreaded Inventory.

CharmOfLea
12-03-14, 03:24 PM
How about a completely unfair method of sorting out neighbors? U like their name, keep. Otherwise, ciao bye. Ehehehehe ;) <joking>

Liloze
12-03-14, 03:30 PM
How about a completely unfair method of sorting out neighbors? U like their name, keep. Otherwise, ciao bye. Ehehehehe ;) <joking>

LOL. What do you think your name chances (to keep) could be ?! lol

CharmOfLea
12-03-14, 03:39 PM
LOL. What do you think your name chances (to keep) could be ?! lol

Ehehehe Good point! I went to check, I have 116 neighbors ATM. Let's see how many at the end of the day. LOL ;) However this ID from an ancient game world full of charms, been good to me so far. <crossing fingers and elbows now, just in case> :o

ghjvcucjb
12-03-14, 03:53 PM

Several of us suggested way back when that it would be cool if inactive kingdoms would slowly become overgrown with vines and such.

reliquary
12-03-14, 04:36 PM
I do remember when I was at a low level, the smoke/greenish fog used to roll in later in the evening and cover parts of already expanded areas of certain neighbors. I found it really peculiar.......has anybody else seen this?
It's been a long time since I've seen it.

But yeah! Vines, smoke, haze, whatever to cover inactive players....that would be rad!

Liloze
12-03-14, 04:43 PM
Several of us suggested way back when that it would be cool if inactive kingdoms would slowly become overgrown with vines and such.

That would be so cool! And no need for guessing games! :)

I do remember when I was at a low level, the smoke/greenish fog used to roll in later in the evening and cover parts of already expanded areas of certain neighbors. I found it really peculiar.......has anybody else seen this?

But yeah! Vines, smoke, haze, whatever to cover inactive players....that would be rad!

Fog?! Really?! I would love to see this!
I saw the flasing lights many times - not the collect one- but those sudden flashes that lighten the whole screen, but never fog.

But really as you said it would be a great way to pinpoint inactive players!

Liloze
12-03-14, 04:45 PM
Ehehehe Good point! I went to check, I have 116 neighbors ATM. Let's see how many at the end of the day. LOL ;) However this ID from an ancient game world full of charms, been good to me so far. <crossing fingers and elbows now, just in case> :o

LOL Good luck then ;)

Queenzod
12-03-14, 05:47 PM
OK. I stand corrected. No root beer for me tonight.

That's okay, 'cos it's Wednesday at the tavern and that means Thurston tells that same story where he's chasing the emerald dragon and it's all foggy and his horse gets spooked and he gets mowed down by the dragon who he thought was on the left but manages to escape in the nick of time and he's told that story like a zillion times but he's so in his cups that he can't see everyone else is just rolling their eyes and trying to sidle out the door when he's not looking but then he grabs them anyway and he just won't shut up until Sabina has to come in and literally drag him away. You won't be missing much. ;)

ghjvcucjb
12-03-14, 06:38 PM

Yes, I loved the fog. When it was the Valentine edition the fog was a pale pinkish swirling mist. It made the need for lanterns when the knights went out on adventures seem more realistic.

I've recently noticed that we can see more of the mountains and water and they're beautiful. But would love to see the mysterious mist return.

fantaloonastic
12-03-14, 07:19 PM
I miss the fog too, really made the forest that much more of a mysterious and dangerous place!

I think I fail several tests too. I drove myself nuts visiting my nbrs every day while really not having the time. First I dropped writing on walls, now I've dropped visiting basically. I don't have all my most recent buildings out either half the time due to space limitations. I am playing every day but sometimes all of a sudden when I wander into my kingdom it tells me my neighbors requested help with something days ago. I welcome neighbors who also don't really do the social part of the game, so I won't feel obliged all the time to visit back. I think most my neighbors have dropped me from their visiting route thankfully

bookadey
12-03-14, 09:54 PM
That's okay, 'cos it's Wednesday at the tavern and that means Thurston tells that same story where he's chasing the emerald dragon and it's all foggy and his horse gets spooked and he gets mowed down by the dragon who he thought was on the left but manages to escape in the nick of time and he's told that story like a zillion times but he's so in his cups that he can't see everyone else is just rolling their eyes and trying to sidle out the door when he's not looking but then he grabs them anyway and he just won't shut up until Sabina has to come in and literally drag him away. You won't be missing much. ;)

That sounds like an entertaining night - I'll be there egging him on! :)

I usually visit neighbors everyday, but only post on a few. I do delete inactive players because I like to visit and see all the different ways people can take the same things and make a unique kingdom and my list is getting long. I also think it helps during goals when we need to ask our neighbors for things. Especially when it's 2 requests back to back. (Like recently with the cranberries and I also needed hair donations).

roguebee
12-04-14, 07:16 AM
They paid for having a good time without me. I sent them on an adventure this morning to the Feral Lands with the Mercury Feast I collected from my feast table to look for inactive neighbors, just in case some were lost out there.

jynxjulie
12-06-14, 02:55 AM
Hmmmm....

sunkaf
12-06-14, 08:13 AM
I use to have over 400 neighbors. When trying to work from home and have a real life, it felt like all I had time for was to spend time on CS. I often fell asleep with phone in my hand checking my NBR list. I soon realized the ones that did visit, I wasn't getting to due to how long it was taking me to check on my Iphone 4s. This is what caused the weeding out of those that didn't visit to allow the time to check the ones that did ( and to have a real life too).

I started using methods suggested by others. I now use a code with my posting to let me know who's posting. I don't care what someone's social ranking or what level they are at, if they just visit once a week or respond and answer request I will keep them. If I know they are sick, away, or real life has them away for reasons. I keep them even if they don't post. Some I nbrs were gone 2 months. Then came back and are daily posters and some of my best neighbors. SO that being said people just need to decide what is important to them.

I realize this is just a game. I am not responsible for others games just like they are not responsible for mine... It's like playing cards it's hard if you are waiting for someone to respond they are taking a quick break and go home without you knowing... your left sitting there. Yes I know it's not exactly, but you get the jest... Its not fun playing with someone whose not there and your waiting for them.

There's plenty of ppl playing this game and new ones every day. My deleting someone that doesn't visit will not hurt them. Plus this leaves more time to spend time and visit my other 130 neighbors. Plus its just polite to let your neighbors know when you will be away. Which is I try to always do.

stuffedmounts
12-06-14, 10:05 AM
They just need to add a (de)select all button on the neighbor screen.

hillaryRN
12-10-14, 07:23 AM
I agree. I play several times a day, but rarely visit my friends do to time constraints. I really don't do the social side of the game anymore unless needed for a goal. It's way too time consuming with 100+ neighbors.