PDA

View Full Version : Community Rating? Need voice of experience-Please!

Unregistered
01-23-11, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone! I am a Level 56 in BS. Regarding the Social tab, where Community members are listed, I am puzzled. I have a four Star rating, yet I see a few Level 54's and a 55 who have for several days appeared above me. I thought the list rated Levels and Stars. There must be something else factored in that I don't know about. Time in the game? How many neighbors one has? Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I can't help but wonder why they remain above me. Probably something obvious and I'll feel dumb, but it would not be the first time. Thanks!

Unregistered
01-23-11, 03:18 PM
I also understand how one maintains a 4star rating, but I don't get the community list either. Doesn't anyone know? I am a Level 46 with 4stars. Above me all day has been a level 36 with 4 stars. Maybe she has more neighbors than I do. I went to her bakery and she has only like a 70 Heart score, but I know those are not linked. I just weeded out my inactives so the number of neighbors did drop. How could someone at such a lower level stay above me all day on that list? I agree it's no huge thing, but it is annoying not to know how to move up! Some wise person must know the answer......

Unregistered
01-23-11, 03:44 PM
I guess this is a double post but does any body know out there? Any of you game geniuses?

Unregistered
01-23-11, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone! I am a Level 56 in BS. Regarding the Social tab, where Community members are listed, I am puzzled. I have a four Star rating, yet I see a few Level 54's and a 55 who have for several days appeared above me. I thought the list rated Levels and Stars. There must be something else factored in that I don't know about. Time in the game? How many neighbors one has? Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I can't help but wonder why they remain above me. Probably something obvious and I'll feel dumb, but it would not be the first time. Thanks!

I have no idea what you're talking about or seeing. The community list is a random sampling of community. It's not based on level or merit.

Unregistered
01-23-11, 07:02 PM
I don't have any idea how you see yourself above or below someone on the community list. It is a random sampling of other players, and THAT sampling is sorted by rank... 4 star at the top down to zero stars at the bottom. I've never seen myself on the community list, that I can recall.

You get a star ranking by tipping other players. You have to continue to tip daily to keep a rank, as it goes down a little bit every day.

Unregistered
01-23-11, 08:10 PM
Already being discussed in detail in another thread now. You can't see yourself on the community list, true. On my sister's phone I can see myself though! I am Level 56, have been for two days. There are two other Level 56's and I am always at the bottom, trying to figure out why! Not just today! If it were a true random ranking, then the lower levels, say a level 13, would be at the top just as easily as a 75. For two days she and I have studied this. She is near my Level, so has been able to check it off and on, seeing no changes. It has looked like this ...

Level 56 4 stars, somebody
Level 56 4 stars, somebody
Level 56. 4 stars, me!!!!
Below this there are various Lower levels which do change. The upper levels do not change order.
Just puzzling over what factors effect the order in which the identical Levels are displayed. Wish now I had never seen myself! But so curious! I have tipped like crazy and have tons of neighbors. Do the other 56's have more neighbors? Longer in the game?
Sorry to beat this to death. Maybe only Norman can answer what the ranking factors are - it is NOT random at the upper Levels.

deadpix
01-24-11, 01:32 AM
Are you on an Android or Apple device?

I ask this because on my Apple devices, the Community list for Bakery Story changes/refreshes each time I open it (well if I don't reopen it within 10 seconds that is). I hardly ever see the same players on the list and if I do, it's usually after a few hours or day(s).

When Restaurant Story was first released on for the Apple platform, I remember that in the first week or so, the Community List would have a couple of individuals stuck at the top of the list. It would not change. Whether this was due to the community having too few players (an idea I seriously doubt) or a bug, it eventually went away and the list became properly randomized.

If you are on an Android device, this might be the explanation but if you are on an Apple device, then I'm as stumped as you are.

Unregistered
01-24-11, 01:35 PM
this is the case with two iPads and two iPhone4's Thanks fir taking the time to reply. On our games this morning there are the same three 75's and one 72. The 1st and 2nd 75 has not changed all morning. The third, a 72, has been above the third 75 all morning. Remaining two or three are changing. Looks like this.

Level 75 Has never changed from top position past 36 hrs
Level 75 """"""""""""""""""""""""""""second"""""""""""""""""""
Level 72 """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""third"""""""""""""""""""
Level 75 """""""""""""""""""""""""""""fourth"""""""""""""""""""
Note the Level 72 remains 3rd, who knows why, and there is a Level 75 who remains one notch below, curiously.
Just trying to make sense of the criteria. Hard to believe it is totally related to tipping others.
*** does anyone know how to bump/retitle this to make Norman see it? I sure don't. Thanks **

Unregistered
01-24-11, 01:49 PM
You have got to be a teenager, or a person with ocd

Unregistered
01-24-11, 02:00 PM
Someone already explained it - all 4 star ratings aren't equal. The level is probably irrelevant. Even if you knew though, you'd find something else silly to obsess over. I suggest you take up something more productive as a hobby, if you're able to get THIS worked up over an iphone game. You could use that mental energy to do some good for humanity instead of wasting it playing a game.

Unregistered
01-24-11, 07:30 PM
I actually found this evolving question to be interesting and was looking forward to hearing what Norman had to say. Those would be pretty sophisticated posts for a teenager to have written, dont'cha think? Didn't seem like OCD to me! The whole matter of the criteria provoked my curiosity also. Ha ha, doesn't look like you two last posters have the answer either, now do you? You regard the OP's question, which would benefit the community, to be a waste of time and lmao, suggest they get out and do something good for humanity? Now that is a gas. YOU must be the ones who need to get a life...taking the time to post about something you don't even care about, just to be nasty. That's really OCD when ya feel like ya just gotta do that!!! Wish I had that much time to waste. I try to post about the things that I DO find interesting, not the ones I don't! You are very obviously TWO IDIOTS, or maybe one idiot who posted twice You should apologize. If you can't apologize, just shut up! Offer something, anything constructive! This post wasn't bothering YOU- why did you feel compelled to comment-OCD maybe? Or just two fools that have no life. Now maybe we can at some point, get some insight into the OP's question.