PDA

View Full Version : Summer goals - tips to fill the time with no updates

Anyuszko
07-06-14, 06:02 AM
Hi all,

As we heard in another thread, during summer holidays we will get just slight updates, so for the next two weeks we have time to do our own goals. I wonder what will you do now, I was looking for a few tips. See what I think and share your thoughts.

(Of course if you have other old quests to finish, you Can do that, or you Can just enjoy summer if you go for a holidays - you know sometimes real life is out and waiting for you. :) In case you stuck in your flat or work and finished all quests you may look for new goals.)

1. I was starting feral lands adventures. I decided to have 99 thick plush dire boar pelts, maybe sometimes we will need them. The only way to get them is thru this adventure, and since it takes a lot of time (you get 2 pieces of pelts usually from an adventure) summer is ideal for it. As for a bonus, this adventure gives sometimes Nice things in magic boxes, I got fruit trees for example. So far I have 31 pelts.

2. I decided to buy a second piece from those 200 gem buildings what drops Nice kitchen items such as harvest pergola. To earn this, i started to make trades that gives gems. Now I collect my fruit trees a lot. :)

3. Since I am full of stones (and have loveshack ) I turn them into love stones and build romantic fountains. Have 11 now.

4. To use up my jewels, I started to craft dragon and unicorn statues. They look Nice near my alicorns and dragons.

Any other thoughts?

girufel
07-06-14, 06:58 AM
Hi all,

As we heard in another thread, during summer holidays we will get just slight updates, so for the next two weeks we have time to do our own goals. I wonder what will you do now, I was looking for a few tips. See what I think and share your thoughts.

(Of course if you have other old quests to finish, you Can do that, or you Can just enjoy summer if you go for a holidays - you know sometimes real life is out and waiting for you. :) In case you stuck in your flat or work and finished all quests you may look for new goals.)

1. I was starting feral lands adventures. I decided to have 99 thick plush dire boar pelts, maybe sometimes we will need them. The only way to get them is thru this adventure, and since it takes a lot of time (you get 2 pieces of pelts usually from an adventure) summer is ideal for it. As for a bonus, this adventure gives sometimes Nice things in magic boxes, I got fruit trees for example. So far I have 31 pelts.

2. I decided to buy a second piece from those 200 gem buildings what drops Nice kitchen items such as harvest pergola. To earn this, i started to make trades that gives gems. Now I collect my fruit trees a lot. :)

3. Since I am full of stones (and have loveshack ) I turn them into love stones and build romantic fountains. Have 11 now.

4. To use up my jewels, I started to craft dragon and unicorn statues. They look Nice near my alicorns and dragons.

Any other thoughts?

Cool, good ideas. You should apply for a job with TL.
I'll start feral land adventure this minute.

roguebee
07-06-14, 10:56 AM
I've been using my time to get my buildings all up to Level 5. That's a nice long term goal.

ShibuyaCloth
07-06-14, 11:16 AM
Just click on my sig link, maybe it give you some more challenging ideas...

katbtodd
07-06-14, 11:57 AM
I been trying to get my meal built up... And my gold and black pot glues,,, and yes I been running my fernal lands in the barracks

jptheripper
07-06-14, 03:06 PM
I'm working on 99 magic cements (ugh) , ornate beams and blocks. At 57, 52, and 73 so far. Going to take a very long time

Queenzod
07-06-14, 03:28 PM
I'm working on 99 magic cements (ugh) , ornate beams and blocks. At 57, 52, and 73 so far. Going to take a very long time

I have the dream of 99 magic cement, too! I've got no. 64 cooking in the tinker camp right now. I swear that camp stinks to high heaven, lol. All I do is make glue in it. I've got 75 each ornate blocks and beams, maxed out on enchanted ones, and about 80 each of the royal and fancy ones.

You'll get there! I have faith in your dogged perseverance. :) wanna race? ;)

olcastle
07-06-14, 03:29 PM
Slow down, guys! Caravan is coming up this month, you'll need tons of stuff to dump on it.

Queenzod
07-06-14, 03:36 PM
Slow down, guys! Caravan is coming up this month, you'll need tons of stuff to dump on it.

Oh, I have tons of stuff. Besides, this race would be like watching snails do a 10K.

55lee55
07-07-14, 11:36 AM

I had forgotten where to look for this!

It is a work of art in itself and full of great self challenges as well which as we saw with the glimmerbits, we can be throwing them away to give our neighbors more places to collect hearts, then suddenly in a day or two we are plumb empty of something that seemed to be The CS equal of the one dark cloud that passes over every two hours but your cisterns are full, then when you suddenly need them, it is dry as a bone and the sun aways shines!

Thanks for posting this in your Sig and the Reminder!

Anyuszko
07-07-14, 11:34 PM

Shiuya, your topic is excellent. :) And I had taken some ideas from you as well as sharing some of mines there.
However, your goals are usually (very) long term goals with usually few energies needed. For example, to stock up certain things such as ornate things you need to craft a lot, while relative less resource (collecting) are needed for continuous crafting.

I started this thread to figure out not so long time taking goals (just until the end of Summer while less official updates are expected), also goals for which you can spend your energies. Of course, as I mentioned before, if you still have quests in your quest book, you can continue with them, also you can stock up various materials you went short on.

I am always searching the limits :), and thinking on different things I can go for. Thats how I keep the ball in play. :)

ShibuyaCloth
07-08-14, 01:02 AM
Shiuya, your topic is excellent. :) And I had taken some ideas from you as well as sharing some of mines there.
However, your goals are usually (very) long term goals with usually few energies needed. For example, to stock up certain things such as ornate things you need to craft a lot, while relative less resource (collecting) are needed for continuous crafting.

I started this thread to figure out not so long time taking goals (just until the end of Summer while less official updates are expected), also goals for which you can spend your energies. Of course, as I mentioned before, if you still have quests in your quest book, you can continue with them, also you can stock up various materials you went short on.

I am always searching the limits :), and thinking on different things I can go for. Thats how I keep the ball in play. :)

Good idea, well my thread is basically for old timers that are just waiting for weakly updates. But yes if you have more short-time quest in mind, happy to hear from you all.

roguebee
07-08-14, 05:04 AM
I added A Colorful World to my personal quest book. Making ink is great way to use petals just before you max out and the water I am always collecting as I search for mermaid scales. It's not real energy intensive, but when I have a couple left over energies from my rounds, I can always go pick a flower or two from the garden. I agree that I may have missed my window of opportunity on black ink. That may be the real long term portion, waiting for another opportunity to craft black ink.

tigarlilyvol
07-08-14, 05:35 AM
My summer goal is to have all of my windmills to level 5, takes a lot of hides, wool and enchanted beams and blocks, while trying to keep enough for weekly goals. Right now it's a juggling match.

Seriously700
07-14-14, 03:42 PM
I'm not as far along as many of you, so I'm not looking to max out on everything just yet. I have been working on upgrading my remaining buildings, continued expansions and increasing my inventory of all kitchen items. I think it could be doable for me to get 20 or 30 of each recipe, except for the breakfast buffet.

I'd also like at least 30 of each building item. It's funny - I can't seem to keep plain old wood beams in stock. I seem to use them up as soon as I make them. And I can't stand the 15 minute items in the workshops or kitchens. I wish we could make 2 beams at a time, even if it required 2 energy to make them.

I'd also really like to get rid of most of my rock piles. They take up so much room. Since I don't want to chop them for nothing, I'll need to keep using my blocks and fancy blocks (which I'm usually at or close to max) to make royal, enchanted and ornate blocks. I already do that, just not in a focused way. I think if I even chop up 2 a week, I'll clear out most of them by summer's end.

roguebee
07-14-14, 05:11 PM
You can always craft stone benches to get rid of rock piles. 1 pile for each bench. I got rid of a couple of piles that way and people now have benches in front of the Theater tent.

rosewaterlily
07-14-14, 11:40 PM
My goal is to max out all glues and potions eventually. I have all blocks and beams maxed out or at 90+ but not bothering to max currently since I want to collect something when I do the fur/wool/hides trade for the ticket. I have 70 magic cement and 60+ of all the other glues, 90+ enchanters and lumin essence, and 60+ mythic essence. Not that many of the dyes since they didn't have much use in the past, but starting to work on those now as my multicolor hedges (two free ones I got from adventures) have resulted in constant maxing of all petals. Trying to max out the troll adventure weapons to use up wood and iron but a bit bottlenecked at troll essence. I still can't clear my land after finishing all expansions since I'm always maxed on wood and stone and feel like it's wasteful to chop those things and get nothing in return. Maybe I should make more banner poles to use up wood and iron? My workshop is mostly idle since no blocks and beams to make and closing in on maxing out on lanterns again.

alexsjusa
07-15-14, 02:44 AM
How did you build up your wood beams? I always have lots of blocks but always low on fancy beams or anything wood and I hate using my energy to chop trees but I guess that's what I have to do!

roguebee
07-15-14, 04:54 AM
I've accepted being a tree farmer at this stage of the game; buy three willows, water, chop down, craft 1 builder's paste, use excess sap for glue, repeat.

maguar
07-15-14, 05:12 AM
If you've got the cash you might want to try tree logs. They cost $600, you don't have to water them. They only have 2 chops and can drop wood and sap.

tigarlilyvol
07-15-14, 07:02 AM
My tree of choice is dead wood tree got $800. Does not need to be watered will also drop mushrooms, glimmer dust. Since I am usually maxed on living wood this one works for me.

roguebee
07-15-14, 10:19 AM
Looks like the willow tree has some serious competition for tree of choice. It was nice, buying a dead tree and getting to start whacking away immediately. Instant satisifaction. The mushrooms were an added bonus.

maguar
07-15-14, 03:00 PM
I've always preferred old logs to dead trees. You get wood and the chance of mushrooms, Glimmerdust and petals.

roguebee
07-18-14, 08:23 PM
This weekend, the old logs are a better deal then the dead trees. The petals are coming in handy.