PDA

View Full Version : What is best device, other than an ios, to play DS on?

dnddragons
07-05-14, 10:15 PM
I play on a kindle and have reached level 126 but game is really starting to act up, more than usual. So, I was wondering if anyone who is a higher level still playing on an android and what device it is. I dread each time I level up, wondering " is this the level that I will no longer be able to play the game on ?"

Not accepting new neighbors at this time.

PineapplePigeon
07-05-14, 10:53 PM
I know my friend used to play on a Samsung Tablet 3, until she switched to iPad mini. I'm not sure about what else, since I've always been on the iPad mini.
Oh and my youngest sister used to play on my dad's Samsung Galaxy S3 up until 2 years ago, until she switched to iphone, and then she switched to iPad mini as well.

SaTy22
07-06-14, 07:36 AM
I play on Galaxy SIII with 1 GB RAM, lvl 111 and gameplay is horrible. I Can do 1 action, like growing food, harvesting food, sending gold, sendig maps, look in the market, watch my wall, visit another player. With the second action, the game crashes in 80% of all cases, if not, it crahes in the 3rd action.

My wife plays on Sony Xperia Z (also 1GB RAM, lvl 90), and she can do about 4-5 actions until game crashes. For android version, this performance seems to be rather good.

So it has to be something device-specific.

Anaboe
07-06-14, 08:01 AM
On iOS the game has so much more dept and possibilities, that no matter what, unless I quit DS, I will always be on iOS for this game... I'm a Tweaker (someone that tweaks her/his hardware) so I've never been a fan of Apple, but it sure is a relieve to have iOS. Tho you can't tweak (almost) anything, what it's supposed to do, it does without any trouble.

I have the Ipad Mini, first edition (no retina), and it rarely crashes, is quick, handy. Wouldn't want anything else. Why don't you want iOS?

chalupa2030
07-06-14, 10:38 AM
I have android and iPad mini. I love them both! No problems with either while playing DS:)

leonard2014
07-06-14, 09:13 PM
For android it depends on your memory and processor. Quad-core is better then duel-core. And the more memory the better. I have had five different androids between phones and tablets and that's what I have learned. I also agree apple is evil. Lol

Guardian452
07-08-14, 12:27 PM
#3 apple is just unneccessaraly expensive

Got my mini for $100 off at a Black Friday sale. Otherwise I would not of bought one. That said, once I switched from playing on my Samsung Galaxy to the Mini, I wonder how in the heck anyone could play the game on anything but IOS. I login to my account on the Galaxy whenever there's a free gold giveaway. It takes DS five times as long to load on the Galaxy than it does on the Mini.

midnightmeerkat
07-08-14, 01:42 PM
Got my mini for $100 off at a Black Friday sale. Otherwise I would not of bought one. That said, once I switched from playing on my Samsung Galaxy to the Mini, I wonder how in the heck anyone could play the game on anything but IOS. I login to my account on the Galaxy whenever there's a free gold giveaway. It takes DS five times as long to load on the Galaxy than it does on the Mini.
I've only ever played on iOS - I have an ipad which hubby bought for my birthday 2 years ago and an iphone 4, I log on to both accounts on the ipad now as the game is very slow and jerky on the iphone. My iphone I bought secondhand as I would never pay that amount of money for a cellphone. I'm thinking of trading in my iphone 4 on a secondhand iphone 5.