PDA

View Full Version : July sneak peak? New update this week?

Anyuszko
07-01-14, 10:38 PM
Hi, can we get some July sneak peak since it is July..?

Also, TL can you share some details for the summer? I bet you go on Holidays as well so would you keep regular weekly updates on Summer or not?

(Perhaps, you give us another long term goal?)

Should we get another update this week?

Thanks in advance.

Sure. We've got Fortune Teller updates, a new Caravan (with much better rewards than the usual Caravans :) ), and the continuation of some Faerie storylines coming up this month!

m1stery
07-02-14, 04:55 AM
I would love to see July sneak peak ;) but i think we are not going to get any new goals this week simply because last weeks goal is still in progress....

labsandboxers
07-02-14, 04:15 PM
I'm hoping for an update tomorrow just finished my gazebo and back to doing sister,sister. :( to many plants but I know it is a long term goal.

katbtodd
07-03-14, 02:55 AM
They seem to never post about an up date until we get close to up date time ,,

passinthru8
07-03-14, 11:32 AM
They seem to never post about an up date until we get close to up date time ,,

Well, it's close to time..... I can't imagine them not doing anything for July 4th Weekend. Hmm.

mamareader02
07-03-14, 11:33 AM
Guess we got spoiled by the monthly preview:(

mamareader02
07-03-14, 11:34 AM
Well, it's close to time..... I can't imagine them not doing anything for July 4th Weekend. Hmm.

Maybe they already started vacation for the weekend,cause Aggwyn and glimmer gate usually give us some sort of info(which we appreciate greatly)

passinthru8
07-03-14, 11:54 AM
Don't we usually get update by this hour of the day? 3:pm eastern/standard time.

mamareader02
07-03-14, 11:58 AM
My clock says it's not 3 yet....will give it bout 10 more minutes before I accept there is no update:(

Queenzod
07-03-14, 12:08 PM
Looks like no update today. There is a new value pack. 30 wool, 100 energy and 2 of those glimmer rock formations for 4.99 USD.

mamareader02
07-03-14, 12:09 PM
Ugh,guess that's it

meme1098
07-03-14, 12:23 PM
Don't think we're getting an update since the limited quest is still on-going and it's a long 3 day holiday weekend.

jptheripper
07-03-14, 12:48 PM
Thankful for the break now I can enjoy the weekend :)

55lee55
07-03-14, 12:54 PM
All I see is a sale for beginner players including wool, 100 energy, and a few of the glimmer blocks or whatever they are that cost gems and go away after hitting them about six times.

I have seen those sales usually during a new quest, like when the expansions come out, but unless something else is going on that hasn't shown up for me yet, I suspect we won't be having an update. Since I am done with the Gazebo (really love it!), leveled up to 50 last weekend, am well into collecting the last Dark Plants for my last Inscription, and am sitting on more than enough Expansion Permits to open up the last expansion square possible, which I was sitting on for a slow week to clear it out and park a beastie there. This looks to be a slow week.

I am a bit let down that there was no July Sneak Peak because I see nothing to look forward to for the whole month and I guess like a few others I got used to the suspense and speculation here we discussed the different possibilities and guesses that came up. I miss that for this month and wonder what it bodes for the future of the game. One possibility I see is that it may reduce community discussions here in the forum.

I wonder if there is a future left for me in this game, or have I hit the end for the foreseeable future at least, until there is a major change in the direction of the game, heading for the unknown sparkly cherub item for instance?

I was hoping Sister, Sister would indeed be a long term goal, but obviously I was in the minority and TL gave in and made it easier to finish quickly which I can't say I blame them because the outcry against having a long term goal was overwhelming. But for me, even though I felt no personal need to rush through it, I find that it is likely that by tomorrow or Saturday I will have no quest book, no July Sneak Peak so nothing to speculate about, no compelling reason to add points as I have reached the upper limit, no mew expansions to look forward to because we just went through a round of expansions, and I find myself here in my favorite game with nothing to work towards. I am maxed on most items.

Am I at the spot where I should step back and find another game to play until August or September, and hope that CS comes up with a new challenge for Maxed players, or do I assume that this is about all I am going to get from this game?

Am I the only one in this situation with their favorite game?

It feels sort of like empty nest syndrome when your oldest child moves away and the house it too clean and too quiet.

glimmergate
07-03-14, 01:07 PM
All I see is a sale for beginner players including wool, 100 energy, and a few of the glimmer blocks or whatever they are that cost gems and go away after hitting them about six times.

I have seen those sales usually during a new quest, like when the expansions come out, but unless something else is going on that hasn't shown up for me yet, I suspect we won't be having an update. Since I am done with the Gazebo (really love it!), leveled up to 50 last weekend, am well into collecting the last Dark Plants for my last Inscription, and am sitting on more than enough Expansion Permits to open up the last expansion square possible, which I was sitting on for a slow week to clear it out and park a beastie there. This looks to be a slow week.

I am a bit let down that there was no July Sneak Peak because I see nothing to look forward to for the whole month and I guess like a few others I got used to the suspense and speculation here we discussed the different possibilities and guesses that came up. I miss that for this month and wonder what it bodes for the future of the game. One possibility I see is that it may reduce community discussions here in the forum.

I wonder if there is a future left for me in this game, or have I hit the end for the foreseeable future at least, until there is a major change in the direction of the game, heading for the unknown sparkly cherub item for instance?

I was hoping Sister, Sister would indeed be a long term goal, but obviously I was in the minority and TL gave in and made it easier to finish quickly which I can't say I blame them because the outcry against having a long term goal was overwhelming. But for me, even though I felt no personal need to rush through it, I find that it is likely that by tomorrow or Saturday I will have no quest book, no July Sneak Peak so nothing to speculate about, no compelling reason to add points as I have reached the upper limit, no mew expansions to look forward to because we just went through a round of expansions, and I find myself here in my favorite game with nothing to work towards. I am maxed on most items.

Am I at the spot where I should step back and find another game to play until August or September, and hope that CS comes up with a new challenge for Maxed players, or do I assume that this is about all I am going to get from this game?

It feels sort of like empty nest syndrome when your oldest child moves away and the house it too clean and too quiet.

We've still got lots planned for this game, I think we just forgot to post the sneak peek :)

We've got some team going on vacation so updates will be light for the next couple weeks, however there's LOTS of story left to wrap up, and new stories we haven't even started yet. What's going on with the Goddess Tree? Where the heck did Kaz go and when is he coming back? And Lila and Azalea aren't done yet either.

Aggwynn and I are creating new updates for this game as fast as we can, and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon :cool:

Queenzod
07-03-14, 01:30 PM
We've still got lots planned for this game, I think we just forgot to post the sneak peek :)

We've got some team going on vacation so updates will be light for the next couple weeks, however there's LOTS of story left to wrap up, and new stories we haven't even started yet. What's going on with the Goddess Tree? Where the heck did Kaz go and when is he coming back? And Lila and Azalea aren't done yet either.

Aggwynn and I are creating new updates for this game as fast as we can, and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon :cool:

Thanks for this, Glimmergate! Don't forget about Agnes! All us old ladies who play this game love Agnes! :)

I'm usually grateful for these little breaks in the game, and/or lighter updates. Gives me a bit of time to breathe, take stock and work on extra stuff. I also remember the Great Drought of last summer, and there were plenty of people who stuck that one out. This is fine.

Thank you!

dragon2046
Thanks glimmergate. Love this game and have no intentions of deleting and appreciate all the hard work that goes into this game to keep us guessing and challenged. :). Enjoy

CLOVERKAITO
Thank you glimmergate, looking forward to future updates! :o

mamareader02
07-03-14, 01:33 PM

Uh,if y'all forgot to post July sneaks,um,could y'all post a little something ,pretty please?(and remember to stay safe this holiday)

glimmergate
07-03-14, 01:39 PM
Sure. We've got Fortune Teller updates, a new Caravan (with much better rewards than the usual Caravans :) ), and the continuation of some Faerie storylines coming up this month!

sluppies
07-03-14, 01:48 PM
I know what your saying I to am at level 50 and feel all your frustrations.something is missing in this game as of late I think the story has gone of track a bit. Obviously whoever came up with the whole Castle Story adventure has since left and passed the game over to new people. Everyone has different ideas on how things should pan out so maybe we should just accept things are different? I've played avidly from the start but do question the randomness of the game in its present form. Back in the beginning there was more challenges that were down to the game player and not how the game was set. This , apart from Farm Story 2 is the only TeamLava game I play daily that can keep my attention but... I do wish we could get back to something like the main storyline the game started with.

scarletdragon18
07-03-14, 02:07 PM
A little thankful for the break. It gives me some time to catch up (just finished the summer gazebo and awaiting the final quest for it)! I'm still working on the Goddess Tree and painstakingly collecting dark seeds for the Belladonna questline. I've been saving up glimmer shards/fragments to complete the Adamant Alchemy quest so Bella has been waiting quite a bit for her plants. I have soooooo much stuff to work on!

mamareader02
07-03-14, 02:15 PM

Thank you,I truly appreciate you being so involved on the forum!(how bout a girlfriend for Thurston to make him man up?)

55lee55
07-03-14, 03:13 PM

Ya! See something like this works for me and I am easy to please if I have a hint that there is something to look forward to!

But when I have been done with my Gazebo, we just expanded, and the sale is for wool, it seemed a bit like I had reached the end of the tether and was thinking about chewing the rope!

Thanks glimmergate! I just wanted to know if there was anything to look forward to after I send in my last Inscription! I know the main things that those still working on quests still have to look forward to, and those are the things that made this my favorite game. But lately the things coming up are aimed at mid level players. That is good business sense because there are more mid level players than those of us who have run out of things to the point we will have no Quest Book. Once I went about a week without a Quest Book but there were upcoming attractions, but even knowing things were coming, No Quest Book on the display is uncomfortable for me at least.

When I showed up today to see the weekly update, knowing that without one I will lose my Quest Book in a day or two and having nothing to look forward to, I had questions.

Thanks for answering glimmergate because I was considering to try to pawn my useless Fortune Tent!

End of griping, and this is still the best game! Thanks for the hope glimmergate!

Castloninian
07-03-14, 10:43 PM
Question for 55lee55: if you are nearly done with the inscriptions, did you really make them all yourself or did you buy the 5 when they became available through the other goal (or use gems for glimmerbits, seeds etc). Just curious if it is possible to finish already without gems.

I've not used any gems and am only at 13 inscriptions. I had a bit of a headstart as I had probably 100 plants or more crafted before they were needed.

Castloninian
07-03-14, 10:45 PM

Oooh that all sounds nice. I have no problem with a summer update lull, in fact a bit of a break now and then is good for me. I am hoping that the fortune teller tent is going to shower us in glimmer shards and fragments this time. Please?

Jennerwein1
07-04-14, 04:42 AM
Thank you glimmergate. I, too am thankful for a little break, after working feverishly on the gazebo (done ! Pretty!)😄. Now I can do some of the other stuff.

bisonbuy
07-04-14, 06:03 AM
I am a level 50 player and to my knowledge have completed all the goals except for the Sister and the needed inscriptions-still working on that. The mention of NEW fortunes would be nice, but I don't ever remember receiving any OLD fortunes. Does any get any thing but coins from the Fortune Teller Tent? Coins are all I ever get and I visit the tent daily. I do love this game and would hate to have missed out on something in the past that could effect my future "Fortunes".

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-04-14, 06:54 AM
I am a level 50 player and to my knowledge have completed all the goals except for the Sister and the needed inscriptions-still working on that. The mention of NEW fortunes would be nice, but I don't ever remember receiving any OLD fortunes. Does any get any thing but coins from the Fortune Teller Tent? Coins are all I ever get and I visit the tent daily. I do love this game and would hate to have missed out on something in the past that could effect my future "Fortunes".
All of the current fortunes (original & last update) are listed in the 2nd post, here: :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67739-Castle-Story-04-17-2014-Update-Fortune-Teller-Quests

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-04-14, 06:57 AM
Sounds fun!.... Enjoy your 4th of July/summer break, TL - you deserve it! :)

katbtodd
07-06-14, 04:14 AM
So happy things are slow for a few weeks,, with all that going on in my life,,, thanks again team lava

jptheripper
07-06-14, 03:01 PM
i need 16 more glimmer trap plants and i am done with sister sister. I did purchase the 5 , so only 15 totally. But no gems spent on anything else, and i did not have any plants stockpiled. Just working on it non-stop

Queenzod
07-06-14, 03:34 PM
i need 16 more glimmer trap plants and i am done with sister sister. I did purchase the 5 , so only 15 totally. But no gems spent on anything else, and i did not have any plants stockpiled. Just working on it non-stop

Wow! Impressive. Are people taking their stocks down to zero? I'm keeping at least 80 glimmerbits on hand at all times, and I wonder what would happen if I took all those down to zero and cooked up what I have. Do you think we'll need those in the future? I'm just wondering what the strategy is people are using. I've done 12 inscriptions so far, but I bought the 5. Am I being too conservative with my stock? Thoughts? Feedback?

oliverrr11
07-06-14, 03:56 PM
Wow! Impressive. Are people taking their stocks down to zero? I'm keeping at least 80 glimmerbits on hand at all times, and I wonder what would happen if I took all those down to zero and cooked up what I have. Do you think we'll need those in the future? I'm just wondering what the strategy is people are using. I've done 12 inscriptions so far, but I bought the 5. Am I being too conservative with my stock? Thoughts? Feedback?

Way too conservative! Cook 'em if ya got 'em! I have 11 fragments but only because I have just 2 glimmerpickles

jptheripper
07-06-14, 05:12 PM
As soon as I hit 10 of each I cook for seeds. Once I am done I will keep cooking to get my seed supply up, then I will let the bits accumulate. Although I might make some plants to keep handy, I doubt we will need them again

meme1098
07-06-14, 05:13 PM
I finally got my 10th trap today & crafting the 5th inscription now. I craft as soon as I can.
When did the Little Persuasion goal start again?

Castloninian
07-06-14, 10:48 PM

I'm using up my Glimmerbits whenever I have enough to make more dark seeds. I am hoping TL has the sense not to use them for a time sensitive goal any time soon but it's a risk I am taking. I think keeping 80 is a bit excessive. I would use them up, or keep a lower stock of maybe 25. Once you have finished sister sister it can build back up again.

Queenzod
07-06-14, 11:07 PM
I'm using up my Glimmerbits whenever I have enough to make more dark seeds. I am hoping TL has the sense not to use them for a time sensitive goal any time soon but it's a risk I am taking. I think keeping 80 is a bit excessive. I would use them up, or keep a lower stock of maybe 25. Once you have finished sister sister it can build back up again.

Thanks for the feedback! I did take your and Ollie's advice and have been making more. I've now got #13 in the exchange. I'm just so nervous that TL will offer something that needs the glimmerbits and then I'll be out of luck. It's funny how nervous I am about it - after all, it's only a game, lol.

Castloninian
07-06-14, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I did take your and Ollie's advice and have been making more. I've now got #13 in the exchange. I'm just so nervous that TL will offer something that needs the glimmerbits and then I'll be out of luck. It's funny how nervous I am about it - after all, it's only a game, lol.

You can always gem through those bits if ever required. Or buy one of those glimmer rocks. But can you imagine the outcry if TL dared use those bits for anything else in the near future. Or like the next year.

sprisbakery
07-07-14, 02:21 AM
Guys, i need help... New to forum so duuno where to post questions...
Just completed my Gazebo with all your help ... So a big thanku to all the players here..
M on lvl 40 and stuck with alchemy adamant quest line: what does it matter which requires 5 golden nuggets..

I got one recently and bought one.. But still 3 more to go... Any suggestions Where do i get it from?

Also, at present i have 430 gems. So any suggestions as to what should i buy?
Barracks for 360 gems
Living tree, magic fruit tree, sapling tree or any other tree. ( note: I have fruit trees)
Any dragon? ( i hav one basic dragon)
Sheep ? ( one black and one white recently bought)
Halloween habitat which gives fruits
Mermaid pond
Fish market ( note: already hav 13-14 ponds)

I have two of each wizard schools and glimmerdust trove..

Please suggest as to what to buy or should i save gems for later use?

Thanks in advance also if in need of neighbours please add me

Jennerwein1
07-07-14, 02:50 AM
Just completed my Gazebo with all your help ... So a big thanku to all the players here..
M on lvl 40 and stuck with alchemy adamant quest line: what does it matter which requires 5 golden nuggets..

I got one recently and bought one.. But still 3 more to go... Any suggestions Where do i get it from?

Barracks for 360 gems
Living tree, magic fruit tree, sapling tree or any other tree. ( note: I have fruit trees)
Mermaid pond

Am eager to see ppls replies. I am keeping 385 gems in case I need some "urgently". Spent 15 on 3 cloths as I had no chance of getting all the wool in time for gazebo.
Invite sent, play a lot ( understatement!)
Question: Should I buy an expensive alicorn? Is it worth it?

outhouse01
07-07-14, 03:02 AM

Geez QZ, you really are a tightwad, LOL.

Use 'em. They will come back over time. I only keep 15 glimmer bits on hand any time. As soon as they both are 15 or above, I'm at the greenhouse making seeds. When seeds are 13 or above, I'm back at the greenhouse again making plants. Still only have 7 inscriptions for sister sister, since the start of the give 5 quest. Not making tickets until I have the magic number for all 5.

I did have a longer reply in store, as some seem to be paid by the words in their post, but decided to keep the response at a mini novel only.

If you like I can bore you with my stats for the last month. Cheers

faeriedust
07-07-14, 08:43 AM

Barracks for 360 gems
Mermaid pond

What I think you shouldn't buy unless gems are positively spilling over and you're worried you will accidentally speed something up:
Halloween habitat (not useful if you have trees)
Sheep (I also have one black and one white and those keep me topped up on wool most of the time along with my stables)
Dragon (One is enough for scales as well for me)
Fish market
Magic fruit tree
Alicorn (unless its on sale and you want one for your collection)

What sounds useful?:
Barracks (I don't have one, but it may help the "stress" during random drop limited time quests. A tip I've read before: don't buy it unless you can make two feasts per day in your kitchens.... that's probably not accurate, but I can't remember sorry :()
Living Tree
Maple tree (do you have one?)
Mermaid pond

Anything to help your personal frustrating resource.

Jennerwein1 do you have both wizard schools? Get those first. My alicorn is actually always on standby for update day since I worry I won't be able to finish the quests... so its kind of wasted... don't be like me haha. Anyways, it's not a reliable source of energy in the way the wizard schools are.

roguebee
07-07-14, 08:58 AM

Barracks for 360 gems
Mermaid pond

Gold nuggets come from both types of mines as well as piles of rocks.

You are going to need 40 mithril (well, actually 39) in the near future for your current quest. Mithril dragon may be worth a look.

You didn't mention if you had a manticore as you'll need a bunch of whiskers in your current quest.

kudukuda
07-07-14, 09:23 AM
I did have a longer reply in store, as some seem to be paid by the words in their post, but decided to keep the response at a mini novel only.

Cheers

Outhouse, loved this part of your reply. there are some posts that I just skip over because, while I am a fast reader, reading them takes all day as I get older. Though it DOES pass the time till I get bits for sister sister ��.
Then there are the long ones with lists. Those are sometimes helpful.
Then again, I just feel jealous when QZ specifies the number of feasts she has. Ha ha.

kooky panda
07-07-14, 10:12 AM
Hi, can we get some July sneak peak since it is July..?

Also, TL can you share some details for the summer? I bet you go on Holidays as well so would you keep regular weekly updates on Summer or not?

(Perhaps, you give us another long term goal?)

Should we get another update this week?

Thanks in advance.

Original question has been answered and now the thread has gone off topic. Closing Thread.