PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Update 7-01-14

dalula
07-01-14, 11:47 AM
I see a new 15-hour catalog, 4th of July Fair. I'm not sure what level it is, but it should be pretty low because my Level 19 account has it. The same goes for the floor/wall decor and wallpaper/tiles.
The update is pretty expensive and the catalog doesn't give a lot of XP. The theme appears to be a 4th of July carnival.

Closet Prices
Top: 16 gems
Shorts: 13 gems
Boots: 14,000 coins
Glasses: 10,500 coins

LTO: Sparkler Display (68 gems) It looks like a 3x3 display.

Decor:
Patriot Mannequin- 14 gems
Carnival Prizes- 17 gems
Midway Arch- 22 gems
Mini Ferris Wheel- 28 gems

Wall Decor:
USA Flag- 28,000 coins

Wallpaper:
Stars- 7,900 coins

Tiles:
******s- 1,850 coins

edit(KP)

http://i.imgur.com/RLXsZAi.png

http://i.imgur.com/zTAIjy4.png

http://i.imgur.com/I9084mA.png

http://media.tumblr.com/a16937511eba4ce0129423acd273827c/tumblr_inline_n81vgrsrvC1qm7yoc.pngJuly 4th means BBQ’s, fireworks and plenty of sun. Add some USA spirit to your store with the Stars and ******s Bikini in Fashion Story (https://www.facebook.com/fashionstory)!
Get these items to add more stars and ******s:

USA Flag
American Rave Shades
Red Cowboy Boots

jojopeanut
07-01-14, 11:49 AM
Yes It's an expensive update for sure. I seen it no time for pics though the LTO is something like 68 GEMS and all floor d?cor looked to cost gems. The catalog is okay but not high quanity on items for the amount of time to make them.

dalula
07-01-14, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I agree. The XP amounts for the times are really low. I wanted something with high XP.

dalula
07-01-14, 11:59 AM
I can't post pictures, so if someone could, that would be great.

jewelfang
07-01-14, 12:02 PM
It appears to be a high level update again, from the placement of the catalogue near the end. The d?cor items look more mid-level. I don't know how high, I'm lvl 98.

Other items include:
Floor Decor
Patriot Mannequin - 14 gems
Carnival Prizes - 17 gems
Midway Arch - 22 gems
Mini Ferris Wheel - 28 gems

Stars Wallpaper - 7,900 coins
******s floor tiles - 1,850 coins

And that's all I see. Boy howdy that LTO is expensive! Looks like the only thing I'm getting this week is the new catalogue, and it isn't even a good catalogue, lol. And I'm still waiting for the goal for the Country Girl update from last week! Oh well, it's ok. Not every weeks update is going to be a hit with everyone. The ferris wheel looks really neat, I just don't want my shop to be a carnival (it's more of a limited boutique with a nightclub in the back). But to some people making their store into a big carnival midway might be a lot of fun!

Also, I would take some pics, but I'm terrified I'd accidently buy something, and I don't want any of it even the mannequin (and I'm a mannequin junky). I dressed my avatar for the 4th, and put out the reward table from last year, but other than that, I'm just not patriotic enough to spend gems on a mannequin that is basically wearing an American flag bikini.

jojopeanut
07-01-14, 12:09 PM
YEa I"m American patriotic and all that, but this update is expensive I dunno what I'll get if anything much even the mannequin is 14 GEMS a lil high I think. Although I love the wallpaper I'll but some and tuck it away for sure for when I ever get my red carpet display back out been waiting forever it seems for wallpaper for that display IMO.

ariesblu
07-01-14, 12:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RLXsZAi.png

http://i.imgur.com/zTAIjy4.png

http://i.imgur.com/I9084mA.png

meme1098
07-01-14, 12:34 PM
Who wears boots with shorts???? It should have red, white & blue flip flops.
That says summer, flip flops not boots.

ariesblu
07-01-14, 12:34 PM
Not really impressed with the catalog, at all. I mean a bikini top? Any of the outfits on the women in the lot would have been much better.

mergirl96
07-01-14, 12:58 PM
This update is a definite let down. The LTO is nice but definitely not worth 68 gems. I do like the hair on the girl in the middle. The other items are nice but the gem prices are ridiculous. And why another blonde mannequin? Where's the diversity we've been asking for? I think that since these are all holiday items, and there is a chance that they can be removed, there should be more coin items. Finally the catalog is just boring.

angelmama24
07-01-14, 01:04 PM
I love the LTO and mannequin. I was hoping we were getting the side braid that's on the mannequin. Oh well. Maybe some day. A girl can dream. And more cowboy boots. Whoopee! Not. Yikes! Enough with the cowboy boots! I won't even bother ordering the catalog. It's not worth the time.

ariesblu
07-01-14, 01:12 PM
This update is a definite let down. The LTO is nice but definitely not worth 68 gems. I do like the hair on the girl in the middle. The other items are nice but the gem prices are ridiculous. And why another blonde mannequin? Where's the diversity we've been asking for? I think that since these are all holiday items, and there is a chance that they can be removed, there should be more coin items. Finally the catalog is just boring.
I agree with this entire post. And there is still a lack of diversity.

xxxe
07-01-14, 01:20 PM
I guess I'm the only one who really likes the new catalogue. I also love cowboy boots which is funny because I can't stand country music. All the American flag stuff reminds me of Lana Del Rey and I'm totally obsessed with her. I wish the mannequin looked like her because I would buy it in a heart beat. It would be so cool if the mannequin was wrapped in an American flag like a shaw. I wish the new shorts in the closet weren't for gems. I have a hard time spending gems on my avatar because I barely see her, ya know? I feel like all the cute new outfits have been gems in the closet lately. I did put a cute outfit together though. Ill post a pic.

irlanda_c
07-01-14, 01:21 PM
Good thing I dont celebrate 4th of july, because theres no way Im going to spend 68 gems in a LTO that only relates to one country. Also all floor decor is gems!

The catalogue is too long for the amount of clothes we get.

P.s. I need more nbs for the next expansion, feel free to add me =)

StevenKevin
07-01-14, 02:01 PM
Way too American like every year.....

xxxe
07-01-14, 02:03 PM
I thought this outfit was super cute. I would have likes the high waisted star shorts better but too expensive.

jewelfang
07-01-14, 02:09 PM
Yeah, the boots are hideous. I put them on my avatar, and the silly glasses too (that look like some novelty item, or old style 3D glasses), just for fun. She looks ridiculous right now, but hey, she looks patriotic! lol.

Not digging the new catalogue, it is indeed ugly, too little items and too little xp for a 15 hour long order time. Ah well, it's better than nothing.

Note, the wall flag is pretty cool for something I'll only have out a week or so a year, not too coin expensive for wall d?cor

Second note, I notice all the coin items this update are cheap. I hope this is not the new trend. I have read a LOT of complaining about how much coin items cost, while we also noted gem item cost had dropped. I personally liked it this way, I can always earn more coins in game, but gems are hard to come by. Looks like we might get some of your wish, with cheaper coin items, but at the cost of more expensive gem items. :(

orleansparish
07-01-14, 02:50 PM
Way too American like every year.....

Probably because TL is an American country. And the 4th of July is a hugely favorable holiday. Are they supposed to have majority canada day items? Although I am down for all things maple.

Ic3e
07-01-14, 02:59 PM
Shorts with boots and a bare midriff?!?!?!?!?!?! TL have you not listened to a single word I've said in the past????? That is a major fashion don't!

Rose_00
07-01-14, 03:22 PM
Not a fan of the update. I think it would've looked cuter if my avatar could've been holding a sparkler instead of having the American sunglasses.

jewelfang
07-01-14, 03:35 PM
Probably because TL is an American country. And the 4th of July is a hugely favorable holiday. Are they supposed to have majority canada day items? Although I am down for all things maple.
As an American, I'd LOVE to get some other countries holidays as updates! I think there was a Cinco de Mayo update once a few years ago, at least I see some d?cor that looks like it belongs to that in some of my neighbors shops, but it would be fun to do more things along that line. It is one of the main reasons I missed them doing anything for the Olympics or the World Cup this year, those are great excuses to do more international stuff, but all we got was one little LTO of 3 girls holding a globe (which I got). They could have done soooo much more! It didn't have to be sports related, could have been just general international things.

melis007
07-01-14, 04:07 PM

well it is actually Canada day today....why do they have a majority of American items?
"maple things" that's what all us Canadians care about......

CuteTali
07-01-14, 05:12 PM
This update could've been better. The wallpaper and floor tiles are great! I like them both and bought a bunch. I also like the flag wall decor and got some of those. The LTO is nice, but it's not worth even half the ridiculous price they gave it, for something you can only use maybe 1 week out of the year. Also all the other floor decor is all gems, nothing for coins at all. I think this time, even though I normally collect all mannequins, I'm not gonna buy this one, I just really don't like her outfit, the shorts look so dorky and the boots are too country and the bra, well she's wearing a bra instead of a shirt, so no thanks. The catalogue this week is so ugly, really hate how the whole thing looks so cheap and nerdy. I like last year's catalogue better, was hoping for another cute american themed outfit this year too, but this one is a complete miss for me. Oh well, I'm low on gems anyhow.

StevenKevin
07-01-14, 05:33 PM

Im not canadian but not opposed to what you call rather scornfully it seems 'maple things'. Its just July 4 means nothing to me nor any other national day anywhere and as a whole i think fashion has to large a scope to explore to stick to boring - if not ugly -so-called patriotic designs. Honestly this stuff should have been kept for april fools day, and contrary to most players it seems i did appreciate the joke with the most horrible but prankish outfit. So far so good with april fool.... So many more high life/casual/international designs. Whats the point of this update but flatter nationalism, and wherever they come from nationalisms always beget bad things... at least next week the page will be turned and TL will concentrate on a more appropriate at least more consensual update.

StevenKevin
07-01-14, 05:37 PM
Last thing tho i do not think items are too pricey. If we want something we just have to buy gems like IRL thats just called business. I do understand tho some kids play as well and they cant afford to spend real bucks on gems. For them then id say the update could have been less gem oriented.

Ic3e
07-02-14, 01:02 AM
I'd most probably get the shorts. They're cute, I can pair it with the red tank top from Sunday Sweetie. Plus they're the only thing I find cute about the catalog. You know what I would have loved as a catalog? The girl in the middle in the LTO's outfit. I. WANT. A. MAXI. MULLET. SKIRT.

lelaina752
07-02-14, 01:21 AM
I like the items from this update. I think the facial features and hair on the LTO and mannequin are well done. I'm not in love with the price of the LTO, and I agree with the comments that lower gem prices/higher coin prices are preferred. However, I have paid similar prices for LTOs in the past. The only thing that truly irks me is that the people in the LTO seem to be in smaller scale than other displays I have. While I understand people have different heights IRL, height differential in models/mannequins look silly in my shop. For this reason, I'm debating buying the LTO. Hopefully TL will give me a gem sale (and we will finally get the goal for last week's update).

I love the wallpaper and tile. While I'm not a huge fan of the carnival items for my shop, I have enjoyed seeing these items in other people's shops. If these items were coin items, I would have purchased them.

Finally, as mentioned previously, if the side braid on the mannequin were available for my avatar, I would purchase it (in light brown).

lelaina752
07-02-14, 02:02 AM
Also, if TL won't bring back the American Flag counters and red, white and blue racks from the 2012 Olympics, I wish they would give us something new to go with this display and the goal prize from last year.

minidemon88
07-02-14, 11:01 AM
I got a shocked when I saw the price for the LTO. Is this the most expensive LTO ever we got or? Though I do like the wallpaper and the catalog. A pity that most of the decoration are for gems only.

cakebaby75
07-02-14, 11:09 AM
Ok here's my take on the update. The catalogue, I don't like and it's too many hours for a holiday outfit that they usually withdraw after a few weeks.

The LTO was ridiculously priced, I haven't seen it in any of my neighbours stores so they must think the same. It is really very limited to 4th July.

I'm not American so whilst I don't mind the Stars and ******s 1 hour catalogue we got last year because its easy to master. I'm not going to fill my shop with this update catalogue.

I haven't bought anything, spent any gems or money this week and I ordered the catalogue ONCE just so I could see what it was like on the racks but I won't order it again when I have nicer catalogues to display.

Sorry TL!

jewelfang
07-02-14, 12:18 PM
I got a shocked when I saw the price for the LTO. Is this the most expensive LTO ever we got or? Though I do like the wallpaper and the catalog. A pity that most of the decoration are for gems only.
I don't know if it is the most expensive ever, but it must be close. The most expensive one I ever purchased was the Princess Carriage, which I think was 56 gems? That was expensive, but I am glad I got it. This 4th one isn't special enough to spend 68 gems on! I'm sure others have been in the 50's, personally I don't recall ever seeing one cost more than 56, but I've only been playing for just over a year, so there may have been more expensive ones in the past.

I have seen it in another shop, and it is pretty, I just don't think 68 gems worth. If it had been half that price (34 gems) I would have considered buying it.

I hope future LTO's go back to being cheaper, the 20 something to 40 something range is reasonable for most LTO's.

lelaina752
07-02-14, 12:38 PM
I think the Spider Silk Display (Halloween 2 years ago) was 70 gems. At the time I cringed, but I am glad I purchased it. I also hope LTOs go back down in price in the future.

dalula
07-02-14, 12:39 PM
I'd most probably get the shorts. They're cute, I can pair it with the red tank top from Sunday Sweetie. Plus they're the only thing I find cute about the catalog. You know what I would have loved as a catalog? The girl in the middle in the LTO's outfit. I. WANT. A. MAXI. MULLET. SKIRT.

I agree. That dress is really pretty. Also, is her hair ombre? :O I really like it.

twospoons
07-02-14, 06:46 PM
I have a 4th of july section in my store now, but it's all just with the wallpaper and selling red/white/blue clothing, cause 68 gems is way too much for that display. i am using the catalog though, ugly boots and long times and all.

Zee_Zatara
07-02-14, 09:59 PM
I'm happy we got a colorful bikini top, though I'm not a big fan of the rest of the outfit. Quantity and XP very low for a 15-hour catalog. LTO is cute but way too expensive for me so I'll give it a pass.

Not sure why people are complaining about a 4th of July outfit on 4th of July week though, and getting offended and bringing up politics and saying nationalism is evil and so on. It's just a video game and the game is made in the USA by (presumably mostly) Americans, so if a stars and ******s outfit is offered on the 4th of July, why is that so horrible? Saying the stars and ******s should be reserved for April Fool's day could be interpreted as pretty offensive as well.

jojopeanut
07-02-14, 11:50 PM

The Christmas water wall was 70 Gems I got 2 yrs ago but I love it . I use it a whole month or so a yr so I figure worth it.

orleansparish
07-03-14, 06:46 AM
well it is actually Canada day today....why do they have a majority of American items?

Maple wasnt literal. It was meant to describe any and all things canadian. What are some canadian items? Give them in the suggestion thread and maybe they will implement them the next time. But as it is now America is known for its stars and ******s so thats what they gave. If they picked every country apart and made every month about something particular so every player could feel happy, this would be less fashion story and more costume section of the miss universe pageant story.

I love canada but again it was thrown out there since i did know it was canada day.

6SweetSt
07-03-14, 03:58 PM

Yes, I believe TL is out of SF, CA. My favorite, most beautiful city :)

tropitech4575
07-04-14, 04:43 AM
Fashion Story is lots of fun. I'm not from America nor living there but I've embraced 4th of July celebrations in the spirit of the 'game'. The catalogue may leave a lot to be desired but it's fun. Where else can I dress up in a stars & ******s bikini top, dukes & a pair of cowboy boots?

ariesblu
07-04-14, 03:30 PM
Fashion Story is lots of fun. I'm not from America nor living there but Iced 4th of July celebrations in the spirit of the 'game'. The catalogue may leave a lot to be desired but it's fun. Where else can I dress up in a stars & ******s bikini top, dukes & a pair of cowboy boots?

I see your point. Though the entire outfit was not exactly popular, I have seen a lot of people with multiple people with bits and pieces wearing it out. Not every outfit will appeal to everyone.

angelmama24
07-04-14, 09:26 PM

Sorry, forgot to say, bonne f?te du Canada !