PDA

View Full Version : Candy Mania --- Free GEMS

lizzytish24
06-27-14, 02:27 PM
5 hours ago, there was offer to get 30 gems if I downloaded game:Candy Mania. I chose to tell my nbrs about it first. So, 4 hours ago, I spent 2&half hours visiting nbrs & working in my kingdom. I am level 50--- have been DAILY player for a year. After visits, I visited nbrs on DS for an hour. I return to CS & ,guess what, I have no game to download and play. A few of my nbrs got game downloaded, some say they don't get these offers overseas, and some said, the game disappeared as mine did! I don't get it. This was first day of this offer. These offers usually stay on screen/ quest book for a week. I pushed your game to my nbrs and I feel used and disappointed that the game was not available to them. guess I won't be recommending games to all my neighbors again. I am very disappointed.

maguar
06-27-14, 03:57 PM
Hi lizzytish24,

Just a couple of points with this:

1) While TL does provide promotional opportunities to try other goals you'll note that the reward section of the goal is blank. There are other goals that do provide gem rewards

2) Promotional goals go out to random accounts so not everyone will get them

3) When they disappear like this I find they reappear when the game day resets

4) It's usually a good idea to act on the goal as soon as you can. You can let your neighbours know after you've done the goal

igames4me
06-27-14, 04:34 PM
If you opened the goal in your gAme

You can go ahead and download it and it will usually give you credit

^^^always works for me on ios

zenobia42
06-28-14, 08:58 AM
I see these promotions all the time - I sometimes have two of them active at a time. But NEVER is there a gems rewards for them for me. I am just posting here that I have never downloaded any of the games, and my feedback as to why:

A) If the offer were to give me CS gems to try the games (say 30 of them as the OP was offered), I would ALWAYS (every. single. time.) download the advertised game, and play to whatever level was required to get the CS gems... and then if I liked the game, I'd keep it and keep playing it. This tactic has worked on me countless times in other games and gotten me hooked on the advertised games many, many times, to the point of being a regularly paying customer of those games. AND it makes me grateful to the company and the game that I was given the gems (or whatever that games $ currency) in, and therefore more likely to spend in that game.

B) Because I get nothing for it in CS, AND I have to click away annoying boxes for it, multiple times a day (every. single. day.)... they annoy the bejeebus out of me to the point that I close the box without even giving that game a chance.

C) Because I have paid a lot of money to this game, I am even more annoyed that I have to suffer to sit through advertising. In most games, you are forced to sit through advertising only if you have not made an in-app purchase. Having bought a lot, and then having to have my screen constantly full of junk mail, makes me remember the names of the games pushed on me to be sure I NEVER download them it annoys me so much.

In other words, positive reinforcement would work 100 times better than negative reinforcement with these promotions.

igames4me
06-28-14, 09:16 AM
I see these promotions all the time - I sometimes have two of them active at a time. But NEVER is there a gems rewards for them for me. I am just posting here that I have never downloaded any of the games, and my feedback as to why:

A) If the offer were to give me CS gems to try the games (say 30 of them as the OP was offered), I would ALWAYS (every. single. time.) download the advertised game, and play to whatever level was required to get the CS gems... and then if I liked the game, I'd keep it and keep playing it. This tactic has worked on me countless times in other games and gotten me hooked on the advertised games many, many times, to the point of being a regularly paying customer of those games. AND it makes me grateful to the company and the game that I was given the gems (or whatever that games $ currency) in, and therefore more likely to spend in that game.

B) Because I get nothing for it in CS, AND I have to click away annoying boxes for it, multiple times a day (every. single. day.)... they annoy the bejeebus out of me to the point that I close the box without even giving that game a chance.

C) Because I have paid a lot of money to this game, I am even more annoyed that I have to suffer to sit through advertising. In most games, you are forced to sit through advertising only if you have not made an in-app purchase. Having bought a lot, and then having to have my screen constantly full of junk mail, makes me remember the names of the games pushed on me to be sure I NEVER download them it annoys me so much.

In other words, positive reinforcement would work 100 times better than negative reinforcement with these promotions.
You must be iOS . But yeah after I say this your going to hate yourself for all the gems you missed out just for not downloading the games.

Even if the rewards part is empty after you download the game you get a new goal which asks you to buy decor or collect from buildings.

Then you get the gems/gold
And then another goal pops up to get to certain level

zenobia42
06-28-14, 10:10 AM
You must be iOS . But yeah after I say this your going to hate yourself for all the gems you missed out just for not downloading the games.

Even if the rewards part is empty after you download the game you get a new goal which asks you to buy decor or collect from buildings.

Then you get the gems/gold
And then another goal pops up to get to certain level

Really? Is there *always* a way to win gems after a certain point? Why don't they say so at the start? They'd have gotten me to download TONS of games if only they'd told me I'd get gems out of it!

[Yes, iOS here]

igames4me
06-28-14, 10:21 AM
Really? Is there *always* a way to win gems after a certain point? Why don't they say so at the start? They'd have gotten me to download TONS of games if only they'd told me I'd get gems out of it!

[Yes, iOS here]

There isn't always way to get free gems. It depends if you get these promotional goals. But all these prmomotion goals give you the reward 30 to download and 15 after you reach certain level.

zenobia42
06-28-14, 06:25 PM
Thanks so much for letting me know that, igames4me. I may have missed out on a lot of gems thanks to TL not telling us that gems are a possibility down the road after you download their advertised games and follow the quests. I am now up 45 gems on on level 27 of Candy Mania aiming for the beat level 30 goal!

igames4me
06-28-14, 07:02 PM
Thanks so much for letting me know that, igames4me. I may have missed out on a lot of gems thanks to TL not telling us that gems are a possibility down the road after you download their advertised games and follow the quests. I am now up 45 gems on on level 27 of Candy Mania aiming for the beat level 30 goal!

Your welcome
Hope you get these goals... I'm always happy trying tl new games also

maguar
06-28-14, 08:07 PM
Closing this thread now. Remember that iOS don't get gems for downloading games. There's are other goals that give gems.