PDA

View Full Version : Answered Requirements for 2 and 3 Stars

koetsub
06-25-14, 10:06 AM
I went back to previous levels to try and get more stars. On Level 147 (I think it was), I completed the level with 40+ moves left! and on Level 168 I completed it with 30+ moves left. I was surprised in both cases that I got only one star despite the number of moves left. I thought I would get at least two stars in both cases. Perhaps the requirements for stars should be re-examined?

I'm currently at Level 314, which may well be the level at which I quit the game. Whoever designed it is truly insane! My compliments!

[S8] Regina
06-25-14, 12:18 PM
Hi koetsub!

This is normal game-play. It is all about the scoring. It is more beneficial to play some of the moves out. If you have 40 moves left and you win the level, the board will be wiped to end the game.

If you have 40 moves left, and then play out 20 of these moves, you will actually end up with more Points from making matches (more combos, power-ups, etc).

Hope this helps!

koetsub
06-25-14, 01:20 PM
Hi Regina!

I did try to not end the game and use up some of the moves just in case it made more points, but you know the story...at that point you can end the game without intending to. IMO the points you are awarded should take into account the number of unused moves.

Well, Whaddya know...I completed 314 !

koetsub
06-27-14, 04:17 PM
Hey Regina,

You didn't lie to me! I tried 147 again, and almost finished with 40+ moves remaining, so I mucked around, clearing jewels where they would not end the game. I got to two stars, then mucked around some more, and ended the game with three stars!

[S8] Regina
06-27-14, 05:05 PM
Hey Regina,

You didn't lie to me! I tried 147 again, and almost finished with 40+ moves remaining, so I mucked around, clearing jewels where they would not end the game. I got to two stars, then mucked around some more, and ended the game with three stars!

Yay for three stars!