PDA

View Full Version : Latest update slow as molasses

JustKay
06-23-14, 03:18 AM
warning to people, i just downloaded the latest update and it is slow. i'm taking like 3 seconds to register a click and i stopped waiting for the coin animation... not sure what happened. i hope this is not how it's going to be. it's unplayable!

chalupa2030
06-23-14, 04:08 AM
Isn't that on your internet connection/speed? I downloaded the latest 1.9.4 on the 17th and it is fine.

Sounds like you don't have a strong enough internet connection, perhaps? Close out the app, restart device and see!

buttabdullah99
06-23-14, 04:29 AM
Same here mine DS is also working very slow :(:(:( since I updated it :(

FigmentValley
06-23-14, 06:10 AM
Mine, also, both wi-fi and cellular.....

cocauina
06-23-14, 08:44 AM
I downloaded 1.9.4 version a couple days ago, and my game works as always, with no slowness. The game it's working well with me and a friend.

Drachenia
06-23-14, 09:41 AM
I downloaded 1.9.3 version a couple days ago, and my game works as always, with no slowness. The game it's working well with me and a friend.

Hello they are not on the latest Dragon Story, the new one is 1.9.4

cocauina
06-23-14, 10:08 AM
Hello they are not on the latest Dragon Story, the new one is 1.9.4

Ooooops, I know, I wrote 1.9.3, and forgot to correct to 1.9.4, but we (I and my friend) have the 1.9.4 version.
Already edit the post, thank you :)

kooky panda
06-23-14, 10:20 AM
If you have an older device, you may experience more lags. Make sure that you close out all applications running in the background.

Also try turning your wifi off then back on again.

JustKay
06-23-14, 04:08 PM
Thanks, Kooky. I was leeching off an Apple store wifi at the time so it was very good wifi. I may have spoke too soon though. It never did play the coin animation, but after crashing out, when I restarted DS it wasn't as bad as first impressions. Still slow, since I'm on an iPhone 4, but not as bad as that first load. That first load felt a lot like it was doing something else in the background (reloading data or something). My coin count was lower so I know that my coin collecting from that first load never made it to the server or got rolled back.

On the positive side, no more crashes! ... so far :) I was getting those reasonably frequently, like when collecting a dragon from the spa and while mining. here's hoping the update has fixed that for good.

SaTy22
06-23-14, 04:36 PM
i'm taking like 3 seconds to register a click and i stopped waiting for the coin animation...

welcome to android land! :)
though, 3 seconds is even rather fast ...

JustKay
06-23-14, 05:18 PM
welcome to android land! :)
though, 3 seconds is even rather fast ...

Ack, as if the stagnant feature list wasn't bad enough, there are also performance problems? Gah, there really is no love for Android.

echo005
06-24-14, 06:07 AM
there is NO hope for us android players.we either put up with crashing/lagging,constant messages that it's our devices (that can't cope ONLY with this game) or stop playing.simples...... the game should be playable 100% across the board on any platform or device-but it aint ever gonna happen

and TL if you are reading-look at the reviews on play store for black diamond-we can't all be wrong

freesiawoods
06-25-14, 04:11 AM
I only play my games on ios and I do notice the game has become somewhat slower. It lags when I try to pan acrods the islands and when I collect coins. Not a huge lag but enough to be annoying.