PDA

View Full Version : Open Issue The blue bug - i'm blue dabadee dabada

polispol
06-22-14, 06:26 AM
My farm and others become blue sometimes...

DessertWolf
06-23-14, 10:50 AM
Sorry to hear that. Completely reinstalling the game with the most recent version of the game and closing additional applications on your device to assist with memory usage should help you fix this issue. If this does not work, please contact support@teamlava.com so a Support Agent can investigate your account.

Rynetory2
06-23-14, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear that. Completely reinstalling the game with the most recent version of the game and closing additional applications on your device to assist with memory usage should help you fix this issue. If this does not work, please contact support@teamlava.com so a Support Agent can investigate your account.

Quite a number of my nbrs and myself are facing this blue issue. Some reported to support team and were told it's due to their devices. Amongst us we have the latest iPhone and iPad Air. We were advised to put out less decoration items on our farms. I get blue screens when I load my wall or visit nbrs farms. Daily I reset my FS2 app at least several times. I hope TL can help us with this issue eventually.

[S8] Walt
06-25-14, 03:15 PM
Quite a number of my nbrs and myself are facing this blue issue. Some reported to support team and were told it's due to their devices. Amongst us we have the latest iPhone and iPad Air. We were advised to put out less decoration items on our farms. I get blue screens when I load my wall or visit nbrs farms. Daily I reset my FS2 app at least several times. I hope TL can help us with this issue eventually.

This does sound like a memory issue. While you may have the latest device make sure you have enough free space to download all of the assets. If the game does not have enough room to download the graphics then it cannot display it properly. Additionally make sure to close all background apps to free up some resources.

polispol
06-26-14, 12:47 AM
It happens when I visit many farms so I guess they are "stored" somehow in my device

katbtodd
06-26-14, 06:56 AM
Going blue here too.. It all come back when I force close and come back,,it happen a lot... And it never did it before this last up date

Rynetory2
06-26-14, 12:03 PM
Walt;923864']This does sound like a memory issue. While you may have the latest device make sure you have enough free space to download all of the assets. If the game does not have enough room to download the graphics then it cannot display it properly. Additionally make sure to close all background apps to free up some resources.

Thanks Walt. Yes to space and yes to background app (only fs2 is running). I had advised my nbrs to do these few months ago but still the same blue screens.

bss18974
06-26-14, 04:14 PM
I have the same problem. Please don't tell me about reinstalling the app, closing applications etc. Obviously, something is wrong in farm story 2 with the programming that these memory leaks have existed in different forms for months now... It started with the side store freezing , then an update and it still continued in other ways. All along we've had the blue bug after visiting many neighbors...

It seems like every developer/company passes the buck, blames other apps, tries to say delete and reinstall app, close other apps etc

Rynetory2
06-27-14, 12:08 PM
Walt;923864']This does sound like a memory issue. While you may have the latest device make sure you have enough free space to download all of the assets. If the game does not have enough room to download the graphics then it cannot display it properly. Additionally make sure to close all background apps to free up some resources.

Walt: iPad Air, 64G with plenty of space and only FS2 running (no background apps) has blue screens. So I am not convinced it is the device's issue. Sorry to say that. There is likely a programming glitch in FS2 whereby it causes memory leak or memory is not released properly.

katbtodd
06-29-14, 08:25 AM
Same here,,, alway close out of other apps and I have plenty of room,,, to many of having the same problem to be a device problem

[S8] Walt
06-30-14, 02:00 PM
We'll continue investigating on similar devices to identify the root cause. For any user affected, please send us any more info about how this issue appears, any specific steps you take, time played, pop ups, etc.

Rynetory2
06-30-14, 09:14 PM
Walt;925742']We'll continue investigating on similar devices to identify the root cause. For any user affected, please send us any more info about how this issue appears, any specific steps you take, time played, pop ups, etc.

Blue screen happens when I load wall several times (3 to 5) or visit farms (every 2 to 5 farms). No timing, it happens when I do either. Then I reset app.

Shop freezes when loading item, won't display side window. This is random timing, from few mins of staring FS to few hours.

sweethutch
07-06-14, 09:09 PM
I, along with at least 6 of my neighbors, deal with this daily, all day long! The blue screen will appear after we have visited multiple farms or once we start deleting comments on our walls. With every comment I delete once the screen has turned blue, I lose more and more items from my farm. Ie: shops and decorations will start disappearing. Once the background goes blue, the game freezes and you can not doing anything. I have to delete the game and reinstall it to make it go away. I'm on a new iPad Air with plenty of space, no background apps running, etc.... This is most definitely a bug that needs to be fixed!
Also, the game will randomly freeze when I'm loading items into my side store. All the sudden, the screen will lock and I'm unable to do anything. This too causes me to delete game and reinstall.
Team lava, I've been playing your games for years and FS2 is by far my favorite but this has got to be fixed! Please investigate the problem and don't push it aside claiming it's something else! Thanks!
ID: sweethutch
Farm name: spearhead ranch

Rynetory2
07-18-14, 11:16 AM
TL any updates or fixes for this?

[S8] Walt
07-22-14, 11:48 AM
TL any updates or fixes for this?

We've got a fix in an upcoming version, that should take care of the Side Shop freezing issue, this may improve issues related to the Blue background issue as well. :D Please stay tuned!

bss18974
07-22-14, 03:19 PM
Walt;934774']We've got a fix in an upcoming version, that should take care of the Side Shop freezing issue, this may improve issues related to the Blue background issue as well. :D Please stay tuned!

Can't wait, the freezing issue is very annoying... Even without other apps open...

Rynetory2
08-02-14, 05:29 AM
Walt;934774']We've got a fix in an upcoming version, that should take care of the Side Shop freezing issue, this may improve issues related to the Blue background issue as well. :D Please stay tuned!

Thanks so much for fixing the side shop issue. I look forward to the blue fix. :)

Rynetory2
08-07-14, 10:51 AM

FYI I'm getting blue screens with the latest version.

[S8] Walt
08-07-14, 11:06 AM
FYI I'm getting blue screens with the latest version.

Thanks for letting us know, I'll forward this on to the team.

Continue to keep us updated, especially if there has been any improvement, even if slightly or if the steps change at all.

Rynetory2
08-07-14, 11:15 AM
Walt;944980']Thanks for letting us know, I'll forward this on to the team.

Continue to keep us updated, especially if there has been any improvement, even if slightly or if the steps change at all.

You are most welcome and Thank you for your action. The side shop works perfectly now. :) Thank you for fixing that. Now only remains the blue screen issue. Cheers.

Rynetory2
08-27-14, 12:18 PM
Any updates or solutions for this? The first post was Jun but we have been experiencing this for months prior to Jun. It occurs daily and is a major annoyance. Can TL Pls advice the estimated time for this solution? I appreciate your updates.

P.S. If you aren't going to resolve this issue, please revert so we know and close this thread.

kooky panda
08-27-14, 12:31 PM
Any updates or solutions for this? The first post was Jun but we have been experiencing this for months prior to Jun. It occurs daily and is a major annoyance. Can TL Pls advice the estimated time for this solution? I appreciate your updates.

P.S. If you aren't going to resolve this issue, please revert so we know and close this thread.

Have you updated to version 1.7.7?

pundoggity
08-27-14, 11:22 PM

Even with the latest update we are all still turning blue.
Usual triggers for the blue are as follows:
Visiting neighbours
Opening walls
Deleting posts

Forcing shutdown seems to be the only solution at this point.

Rynetory2
08-28-14, 07:38 AM

Even with the latest update we are all still turning blue.
Usual triggers for the blue are as follows:
Visiting neighbours
Opening walls
Deleting posts

Forcing shutdown seems to be the only solution at this point.

Yes I had. My post #18 in this thread was feedback after the playing on the latest 1.7.7 version. This version doesn't resolve the blue issue. I share the same triggers as pundoggity as well. I have to force shut down app several times a day and this really spoils the gaming pleasure.

I respect any decision made by TL, even if they decide not to resolve this. Just let us know. I hope to get a conclusion at some stage. I make the effort to keep this thread update instead of it being out of sight and out of mind. Whatever testing I could do on my end, I did. As TL previously advised in related thread to remove decoration items to minimise blue screens. I did that for a month and still no improvement.

I understand TL may have limited resources and lots of issues to deal with daily, however I hope you understand what it feels like to have your app crushing all the time. Imagine your mobile shut down every time a call comes in or Windows going into safe mode... I really hope we can close this case soon.

kooky panda
08-28-14, 08:34 AM
Yes I had. My post #18 in this thread was feedback after the playing on the latest 1.7.7 version. This version doesn't resolve the blue issue. I share the same triggers as pundoggity as well. I have to force shut down app several times a day and this really spoils the gaming pleasure.

I respect any decision made by TL, even if they decide not to resolve this. Just let us know. I hope to get a conclusion at some stage. I make the effort to keep this thread update instead of it being out of sight and out of mind. Whatever testing I could do on my end, I did. As TL previously advised in related thread to remove decoration items to minimise blue screens. I did that for a month and still no improvement.

I understand TL may have limited resources and lots of issues to deal with daily, however I hope you understand what it feels like to have your app crushing all the time. Imagine your mobile shut down every time a call comes in or Windows going into safe mode... I really hope we can close this case soon.
I will let them know that this is still an issue, even with the new update.
Thanks for reporting back..

Rynetory2
08-28-14, 12:09 PM
I will let them know that this is still an issue, even with the new update.
Thanks for reporting back..

Thank you Kooky. Your help is very much appreciated. :)

stm4522
09-07-14, 07:43 PM
I know TL is working on the blue screen but it is still happening. My blue seems to happen when I visit other farms. When it does, I have to force close to continue. This happens so often that I finally just give up and play something else. Any word on this being fixed?

Rynetory2
09-27-14, 12:31 AM
Again I hate to be the bad guy here... TL do you have any solution for this issue? It's nearly a YEAR since it started last year. How much longer do we have to put up with this blue bug? This is a daily problem and certainly NO GAME PLEASURE to reset app several times daily.

WinnyWoos
09-28-14, 08:55 PM
I'd like to know it shows "Anwsered" when the problem has CLEARLY not been fixed?!

EmmaLedger95
10-06-14, 10:07 AM
TL the blue screen is not fixed. If anything, it's occurring more often then before. Deleting posts from your wall, visiting neighbors ( now occurs about every fifth visit) as well as having conversations on our walls. My device is new, has plenty of space left and it is still happening. I clear my history about four times daily and never run other apps in the background.

So...what shall we do TL?? Also, a new thing when the screen first loads you can very briefly see shadows where all your equipment and decor, etc is placed? This has never happened before that I am aware of. I'm playing on an iPad mini 2 with Retina Display. No problems at all with DS which is much more graphics intense than FS2.

pundoggity
10-14-14, 08:26 PM
Please look into this further TL. It is very frustrating. We all have the same issue regardless of device.

SparklyOctopus
10-29-14, 04:30 PM
Hello everyone! We thank you so much for your patience while we are still trying to figure out how this happens. The new update of 1.8.1 has just been released yesterday. Could you let me know if you're still encountering the blue issue after you have updated?

WinnyWoos
10-29-14, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone! We thank you so much for your patience while we are still trying to figure out how this happens. The new update of 1.8.1 has just been released yesterday. Could you let me know if you're still encountering the blue issue after you have updated?

Happened to me today even after the update. It occurred after visiting other farms which was usually when it would do it before the update.

pundoggity
10-31-14, 05:05 AM

I'm sorry to report I am still turning blue aswell:(
It happened today after loading up my shop.
Thanks for your efforts:)
I hope this can be sorted out eventually.

Army8184
11-23-14, 05:54 AM
Sometimes when I am visiting neighbors the screen turns blue. I uninstall the game and reinstall it and everything seems okay. Anyone else having this problem and why?

FreddieTeddy
11-23-14, 06:23 AM
Yes I've had the problem since changing over to iPad air last year. I visit a few neighbours and everything is blue, go back to my own farm and it's blue too.

The only solution I've found is to double click home button and swipe game upwards to close it.

Just so you know it was the same on iOS 7 and 8.

Army8184
11-23-14, 06:26 AM
Kind of loss on how you close it? I usually deleted it and install it again.

sweetypies97
11-24-14, 01:46 AM
I have been turning blue (and sometimes unable to visit neighbours) for the past couple of days. I've tried reinstalling, force closing etc.

SparklyOctopus
11-24-14, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear about that! It might be an issue due to low memory. Our team is still looking into why this happens.

WinnyWoos
11-24-14, 07:06 PM
It can't be due to low memory. I have more than half of my memory (well over half) available on my iPad and I've been getting the blue screens more and more often since this last update it seems. So yes, I sure hope they are still looking into it.

Army8184
11-25-14, 04:11 AM
Thank you!

TimeForACuppaTea
11-25-14, 01:52 PM
I updated my game to version 1.8.2 on the 17th and I'm still getting blue screen too. I'm on an iphone 6 with the latest updates. I get it most often if I've visited a lot of farms. If I'm trying to find a certain something to buy I'll visit several farms via the newspaper and/or community list. After visiting several farms I'll get to one that shows all the ground is blue. Only way to fix it is to exit the game and close it, I'll usually close any other apps that are open at the same time. But I close apps regularly anyway so there usually aren't many. I have a 64Gb with 42.2GB available. So it's not a memory issue.

Army8184
11-25-14, 10:00 PM
I agree with it happening after visiting a lot of farms! I've tried closing the app but doesn't seem to work. I usually have to uninstall it and install it again.

Rynetory2
12-30-14, 08:31 AM
Blue bug anniversary! Lol

Can we have this fix please? :) if this is a permanent feature of farm going blue when visiting other farms or deleting posts from wall, Pls let us know it can't be fixed.

WinnyWoos
12-30-14, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't hold your breathe for this to be fixed. Obviously they have no clue how to fix it or don't care too. Either way this is going to sound ridiculous but when it goes blue, try flipping your device or turning it upside down. I had a neighbor tell me and I laughed but tried it anyway and it worked! LOL! Not every time but it does work sometimes. Worth a shoot since its now going on a year of this......

Jnny2good
03-05-15, 10:36 AM
This has started to happen to me since I switched to the iPhone 6. It seems to happen the most when I visit a bunch of farms, take a break, then go back and visit more farms.

kimwood1
03-15-15, 04:38 PM
The blue screen happens to me at least once a day. I only play FS2 when all other apps are closed & regardless if I visit numerous farms or not, it still happens. I have a new iPad with PLENTY of space. Is there a solution to this problem?