PDA

View Full Version : Design Challenge

fesxdgdgsgfb
06-21-14, 09:20 AM
Not sure if anyone will read this. I love this game (and am tremendously grateful, like so many others, for the recent expansions) and right now am pretty comfortable with the amount of space I have. My goals are all long term and will take months, so I was wondering if anyone is interested in a design challenge.

Part of what I love is rearranging my world and creating new looks. I believe many of my neighbors feel the same way. Is there any way to get a contest going? Doesn't have to be for prizes. Could be all community based or TL based if they wanted to guide it.

The kind of challenge I envisioned was to choose a certain look and then have people design for it. If it were all community based, we could set deadlines and then ask any level 50s who were willing to be the judges. If TL wanted, they could be the judges. Wouldn't have to be long or short...majority rule to determine length of contest.

Anyone interested?

forkyfork99
06-21-14, 11:28 AM
I like this idea. Some quick possible design challenges:
- Best use of wooden benches (lol)
- Best crop design
- Best use of animals
- Best garden
- Best use of small space (limit to 16x16 or something)
- Best trapped boar

CottageRose
06-21-14, 11:47 AM
I have a regular corner where I often trap skunkupines because it does not really have much impact there and skunkupines are easy to kick out when I want to go boar hunting.

The only thing I lose access to is my swampy pond and Kaz' house. I wonder how many others have also built a planned trapping spot, with minimal impact to their resource collecting?

Queenzod
06-21-14, 01:05 PM
I have a regular corner where I often trap skunkupines because it does not really have much impact there and skunkupines are easy to kick out when I want to go boar hunting.

The only thing I lose access to is my swampy pond and Kaz' house. I wonder how many others have also built a planned trapping spot, with minimal impact to their resource collecting?

I just got rid of a lovecupine that wasn't touching anything! Not even a tree! I had him for days and days. I couldn't stand to get rid of him cos he was just sooooo perfectly situated. But, lured by people's grumbling about the great number of boars roaming their woods, I finally shooed him away in the hopes of actually getting some tusks. Got one so far! Now I have 9 tusks.

These expansions have been great for those of us who like to decorate. Lots of room now to spread out and make things just so. I spend hours moving things around until they find their forever home. I'm leaving that one space on the northeast side undone so I can make expansion tickets in the exchange. I also think it's a weird place for an expansion, to have one little sticky-outy place. Looks strange.

What was the topic? :)

tigarlilyvol
06-21-14, 02:18 PM
That northeast space is where I put my observatory with trees in front of it. I hate the whirlybird look so this was the perfect spot to hide it.

Queenzod
06-21-14, 02:38 PM
That northeast space is where I put my observatory with trees in front of it. I hate the whirlybird look so this was the perfect spot to hide it.

You could put it in storage if you don't like it. I never built one cos I hate that maddening spinning too. I put away my glimmerbat for the same reason. Makes me feel nauseous. :)

jptheripper
06-21-14, 02:50 PM
best use of pumpkin hutch and scarecrow.

right.

Design just isnt for me. i kinda organize it tight groups by function, and then just jam stuff in where it fits

tigarlilyvol
06-21-14, 02:57 PM
You could put it in storage if you don't like it. I never built one cos I hate that maddening spinning too. I put away my glimmerbat for the same reason. Makes me feel nauseous. :)

I had finally built it to have one of every building, and had put it in storage, but felt this was too perfect to pass up, I really don't see it because of all the trees I have around it.

CottageRose
06-21-14, 05:01 PM
That would be a perfect use in my kingdom too, as I also have the observatory in storage. I'm holding off though while I craft permits, but it would be behind Old Thomas house in my kingdom, and behind my college campus of magic, keeping academia together. Thanks for the great idea! :)

tigarlilyvol
06-21-14, 05:12 PM
That would be a perfect use in my kingdom too, as I also have the observatory in storage. I'm holding off though while I craft permits, but it would be behind Old Thomas house in my kingdom, and behind my college campus of magic, keeping academia together. Thanks for the great idea! :)

I have Old Thomas' house in front of it, too, along with Thurstons's fort and the Roost.

kudukuda
06-22-14, 02:36 AM
If i copy any of your kingdoms can I win? Just kidding.
I'm terrible at organising my kingdon. Had. Go at it, yhen just gave up. Besides, I'm about 10 expantions shy of fully expanded, I think I have a ways to go.

Guardian452
06-22-14, 08:53 AM
How about best junkyard for all the useless stuff the knights bring back from adventures. 😋

kudukuda
06-22-14, 12:03 PM
How about best junkyard for all the useless stuff the knights bring back from adventures. ��

I love this dea. Just now organised my kngdom and for the first tme ever I used some benches....

Queenzod
06-22-14, 01:46 PM
I love this dea. Just now organised my kngdom and for the first tme ever I used some benches....

I have some benches out in case someone actually wants to sit down for a moment instead of wandering around aimlessly, endlessly... I do wish that when characters paths cross they would stop for a moment and look like they're involved in a conversation instead of continuing the zombie rotation.

CottageRose
06-22-14, 02:43 PM
I have some benches out in case someone actually wants to sit down for a moment instead of wandering around aimlessly, endlessly... I do wish that when characters paths cross they would stop for a moment and look like they're involved in a conversation instead of continuing the zombie rotation.
Once in a while, it looks like two are walking together, or one after the other, on a narrow path. I always love to see them being sociable.

Chaotarch
06-23-14, 06:42 AM
I do wish that when characters paths cross they would stop for a moment and look like they're involved in a conversation instead of continuing the zombie rotation.

nice idea:D
...thought thurston should smashing at an anvil
...ivy dancing under the rose arch
...greselda praying in front of her statue
...sabina polish the other statues
...thomas laying at the pumpkin hutch

for example:rolleyes:

meme1098
06-23-14, 06:57 AM
That's too much work for Thurston. I picture him coming & going from the 2 taverns I have ... Kinda like bar hopping.:p

Chaotarch
06-23-14, 07:03 AM
That's too much work for Thurston. I picture him coming & going from the 2 taverns I have ... Kinda like bar hopping.:p

ok, u are right:)
but than he should drunken sleeping under his street torch we crafted for him:p

kudukuda
06-23-14, 10:18 AM
Yes! And wolf whistling at the girls and taking his pants off and throwing up! Fun! ;)

Ad doing the doggie paddle in the pond or bobbing for apples in the well