PDA

View Full Version : Some 'paid back' gifts are not being deleted from the gifting list

BiggerBubbles
06-20-14, 09:42 PM
I have recently found that when I return gifts, not all delete from the gifting list. In the past pretty sure they did. Had a list of over 120 at one stage, now down to about 15. I have been keeping a note of the exact order of gifts in my list over the last couple of weeks. Last night for example I found the oldest gift to be returned was one I returned 3 days ago, the next 3 oldest gifts were the exact 3 I had repaid 2 days ago. When I repay a gift, I expect it to no longer be in my list. I have been playing since Oct '12 so I am not a 'newbie', I force close all open apps every night & I have deleted & reinstalled CS at least 5 times in the last week or so to see if that would fix the problem. My problem is if I just blindly went ahead and returned the oldest 3 gifts, I would never get to other people, because these ones are just not deleting. I started noticing this because of a one off gift from someone new that just kept reappearing. I have had one thought, does the gift only disappear from your list when they either accept or ignore it, because time difference could explain that. I hope I am explaining this OK. Could Glimmergate possibly give me her thoughts!

Lastly I would just like to say, I love this game, don't have a problem with the 3 gifts a day, appreciate as a past programmer that all updates are done by 3 people, you do a fantastic job.

BiggerBubbles
06-21-14, 12:38 AM
The pending gifts list has just appeared for tonight, and again I see the last 6 gifts I repaid at the bottom, the 3 from last night and the 3 from the night before. It is not my imagination. I feel that a bug was introduced in the last app update possibly. Looking forward to hearing if others have noticed this problem and hearing from TL.

jtm101
06-21-14, 01:02 AM
I dont think it works the way you want it too. When you do return a gift, it will remove all occurences of that person. But the next day their gifts will be visible in the list again, as well as others you didnt gift. Am i wrong?

jenjen662
06-21-14, 05:45 AM
I know what you're talking about. Same thing happens to me. I only "accept" 3 gifts a day and gift back those that I have accepted so they clear. But the last 2 days I've had to regift the same accepted gifts from the previous night so they clear. Rather annoying as I'm trying to accept and clear 3 a day to reduce the amount outstanding. Must be a bug.

maguar
06-21-14, 03:59 PM
This isn't a bug and there haven't been any changes to the way the list operates.

When you gift back a person they get temporarily removed from the list. When you've gifted your three gifts for the day everyone who was from the list gets temporarily removed. When the game day changes the list appears with the last 20 gifts you received/accepted. This can include people who you have already gifted back.

If you're gifting back to the three oldest on the list it is possible to have the same people there on the next day if (1) you didn't receive 3 new gifts or (2) they've sent gifts on multiple days.

jenjen662
06-21-14, 05:38 PM
I know what you're saying Maguar, but something has changed. It's never done this before. I wish I could explain better. I know that if a accept 3 gifts from the same person, once I gift one back, the other 2 will disappear until the day resets. But I'm accepting 3 gifts from 3 different people. I leave all other gifts with the options to accept or ignore. So they don't actually disappear until I have accepted them (make sense?) but I accepted a gift from X Y and Z. I gifted back X Y and Z. They clear. (I still have my normal list of I accepted gifts). The next day, X Y and Z are sitting there as if I didn't gift them back. This has only happened in the last few days so something has definitely changed.

jenjen662
06-22-14, 03:17 AM
And it's happened again tonight. I haven't accepted any new gifts but the last 6 I gifted back are there again. Please don't explain how gifting works again as I know how it works. And please don't dismiss us as if we don't know what we are talking about. We aren't crazy and it is happening. If I have to I'll start taking pictures to explain it better.

maguar
06-22-14, 04:17 AM
Did you get any new gifts in even if you didn't accept them?if you didn't that's why you'll see the previous ones there.

I'm not trying to dismiss what you're saying. I haven't noticed anything different in my account. If you're able to put up pics to explain what you're saying it makes it easier for us to all be on the same page.

jenjen662
06-22-14, 05:17 AM
Yep definitely received new gifts (not accepted or ignored - I always leave them sitting there until I can gift back). I'll check again tomorrow if the ones I sent (again) tonight cleared. I'll have to wait for the 5 to clear so I can take pics from a fresh slate otherwise it will be too confusing to explain. I just find it odd that the way I've been doing it for the last few months isn't working the same the last 2 days. I never have a whole list of people to "gift back" that drives me crazy. It's always been accept 3 different people gifts, gift those back straight away and they are gone for good.

calipitter
06-22-14, 07:36 AM
So, Maguar, you are saying that the last 20 gifts received show up regardless of if we have already paid them back? Why would that be? Do you mean that I can never get my list down to three that I owe because it will always list the last 20 received? Why would it be designed that way?

Anyway, I originally got on this thread because I am seeing a different problem lately. For most of my return gifts the only thing I am being allowed to send is wisps. If I try to send anything else I get the message that the number of gifts received/ sent maximum has been reached, even though I am doing this at 6:30 am. This has been going on for about a week and a half. Again, I am a seasoned player, having gifted everyday for over a year, but just recently I can't send much of anything to anyone except wisps.

maguar
06-22-14, 02:56 PM
Hi calipitter, yes it shows the last 20 you received regardless of whether you've gifted back or not. This is the same as the other TL games. Unfortunately it does mean that you'll never get the list down to the last 3.

With receiving the max warning on sending gifts the wording can be a little confusing. While it would show if someone did get 20 gifts in the day I've never heard of that occurring. Instead the main cause of the warning is that the person you are trying to send the gift to has 99 of that item. I have a couple of neighbours who often get like this. I keep trying a different item u til one goes through. The reason that the wisps are going through is most likely that everyone is crafting lanterns as a result of the recent expansion.