PDA

View Full Version : Where to Next?!

argentinab
06-20-14, 10:06 AM
Hi All:

I am on level 21. I took a hiatus from CS for about a year and only recently returned to find that much has changed (whole new quest lines added!). I need some help figuring out where to go next. My storm8 id is argentinab/kingdom name is Westeros.

These are the current quests I am working on:

To the Troll Kings Lair!
The Letter, Part 3
Knightly Confidence
Trade Ticekts
The Love Caravan
Royal Proof
Resources Upgrades
Wood or Wood Not
Animal Luxuries
High Steaks
Ambitious Oranges
Ice-Cold Lemonade
Trials and Tribute
A friendly skunkupine

I am having trouble completing the "knightly confidence" as it requires pink jewels (which require regular jewels if crafted in the love shack). My source of jewels is depleted after completing the Baron/Dirtbag caravan.

I am also having trouble deciding where to expand to next. The troll king? I have the sword of excalibum, but i know it takes 99 energy to beat and I'm not sure the reward is worth it as this point. Do I expand instead to Sabina Faire? I'm only level 21 and I think a lot of her requirements are level 25+.

Not really sure where to go from here. Thanks for all help/suggestions.

doobievilla
06-20-14, 10:07 AM
Expand to all the good spots.. its pretty much mandatory to go anywhere farther.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916

argentinab
06-20-14, 01:25 PM
Expand to all the good spots.. its pretty much mandatory to go anywhere farther.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916

What's all the "good spots?!"

doobievilla
06-20-14, 01:33 PM
What's all the "good spots?!"
The spots with Characters and Buildings that unlock if you expand to them. This will help you continue the storyline. Before you pursue some of those goals check out the link I gave you. Some are a waste of time and do not continue the storyling and lead to other goals.. specially the feed the barons type.

argentinab
06-20-14, 01:48 PM
Thought so. Seems like it will take me quite the while to get to sabina faire (i am lacking in the royal points department). Thanks!

maguar
06-20-14, 02:25 PM
Welcome back :)

Of the quests you've got I would focus on these (in no order):
* Knightly confidence (alicorn quest line)
* To the troll kings lair (needed to unlock the troll tribe quest lines)
* The letter part 3
* The ones that require you to upgrade your resource buildings
* Expanding to the characters/buildings (Sabina is a good one to start with as you'll need her quest line to unlock the forgotten roost)
* High steaks (part of the quest to get sir pig)
* Friendly skunkupine

Don't worry about trials and tributes - you'll get the badges as you play

The caravan and fruit ones can be safely left alone for awhile

zenobia42
06-20-14, 05:34 PM
I have only been playing a few months, so take it or leave it lol, but my method for choosing a quest is:
The ones that involve expansion: I prioritize these. They generally have long quest lines and are worth it. I go first to the one it's cheapest to expand to. So I expanded to the troll king (still working on that quest line), and then unlocked Sabina just today, and next will be to the Forgotten Roost.
Trade Tickets: The way I see it, you want trade tickets for other things so doing the exchanges to get them. Each exchange gets you stuff and saving up trade tickets can get you what are IMO 2 of the best buildings in the game: the Tinker Camp and the Royal Chateau.
The quests about building and upgrading: I do those quests only if they will substantially benefit me in gameplay. For example, I built the Deep Mine when I reached lvl 22 and it and the quest became available, but have not upgraded my stables & hatcheries to lvl 2 no less lvl 3. To be able to collect from them 12 minutes faster does not benefit me nearly as much as being able to collect 100 coins more per day per level from a good income building. Now, if the resources building upgrades got you MORE resources per tap, I'd consider spending some serious effort on them. But for 12 minutes? No.
The fruit ones: I very recently got an orange tree from an adventure. So if/when I get a lemon tree the same way, and start saving up those fruits, I'll worry about those quests.

Nimlandy
06-21-14, 07:44 AM
Can two kingdoms have the same name? I have a Westeros in my friends list on level 33?

argentinab
06-21-14, 08:19 AM
Can two kingdoms have the same name? I have a Westeros in my friends list on level 33?

Thanks Maguar. I actually already got sir pigglesworth! I don't remember how...one of the other quest lines.

I also have a big decision to make. I have enough trade tickets to get the deed to the royal chateau, or I can hold out and get 13 more for the tinker camp. Not sure which option is best. I am low on royal points but nothing else seems to come out of the chateau and the camp seems like a better long term investment.

CottageRose
06-21-14, 08:24 AM
Thanks Maguar. I actually already got sir pigglesworth! I don't remember how...one of the other quest lines.

I also have a big decision to make. I have enough trade tickets to get the deed to the royal chateau, or I can hold out and get 13 more for the tinker camp. Not sure which option is best. I am low on royal points but nothing else seems to come out of the chateau and the camp seems like a better long term investment.
I use my tinker camp constantly, while my chateau sits in storage, so I would definitely agree with holding out for the 13 trade tickets. :)

roguebee
06-21-14, 09:12 AM
I would agree. Hold out and get the Tinkers Camp. It's a significant addition to your crafting ability.

zenobia42
06-21-14, 09:16 AM
I use my tinker camp constantly, while my chateau sits in storage, so I would definitely agree with holding out for the 13 trade tickets. :)

Really? You don't use yours? I LOVE my chateau! Because, compared to other royal and/or income buildings, it gains a LOT more per level up (more royal points and more income). At level 5 it becomes 400 points and 4,200 gold coins per day (5,040 if you have good neighbors). No other building comes close to that income. And it's only 3x3, so for anyone who always has a ton of stuff in storage because we can't expand fast enough, and therefore builds royal stuff based on how many royal points per square a building gets you, the L5 chateau is >44 Royal Points/square. Only the Conservatory and Theater give more royal points/square and they only bring in about half as much income.

Anyway, I think the Chateau AND the Tinker Camp are some of the best buildings in the game. I would first choose the one that fills the biggest need you have right now - do you need more crafting, or more royal points and gold at this stage? Keeping in mind that whichever you choose, it could be a long time until you get the other one. [I got the chateau first, then the tinker camp, then starting upgrading my chateau, which costs tickets as well].

CottageRose
06-21-14, 11:42 AM
That's what great about this game. We all can have different goals and priorities. :)

I have over 11 million coins, sitting in my kingdom's bank, and I know there are other people with far more coins. But I have all the coins I need. I use my energy for collecting resources and crafting, and whatever coins trickle in is fine. With my work, I can mostly only play evenings and weekends, so I need to prioritize my collecting. I also have sufficient royal points with my design's buildings at level 50, that not having max points does not stop me from enjoying the quests.

I did have the chateau out for a long time, simply because I liked its design and liked having it overlook the sea. With a later redesign, Griselda's castle and dark garden took over that prime piece of ocean front property. :D

argentinab
06-21-14, 12:07 PM
How did you get so many coins?!

CottageRose
06-21-14, 12:26 PM
How did you get so many coins?!
Play for 18 months. :D Really, the coins are much less of an issue when you reach the higher levels. A while ago there was a thread where some people had over 20 million and more. 0o

maguar
06-21-14, 03:46 PM

Kingdoms can have the same name it's only the storm8 IDs that have to be unique