PDA

View Full Version : Too many boars!!!!!

saidar99
06-19-14, 04:53 AM
Every since the last update I have been overrun with boars I get one on average every 9 moves, sometimes i will get one every move for 2 or 3 moves. Then it takes me 5-6 hits to **** it and i get maybe 4 energy back. This is making the game almost unplayable, i really like this game and wish to continue but if this doesnt get changed i may not continue playing. Please help!

jim23cash
06-19-14, 05:10 AM
Every since the last update I have been overrun with boars I get one on average every 9 moves, sometimes i will get one every move for 2 or 3 moves. Then it takes me 5-6 hits to **** it and i get maybe 4 energy back. This is making the game almost unplayable, i really like this game and wish to continue but if this doesnt get changed i may not continue playing. Please help!

Once I get a boar on screen, I hit it a few times to get it's energy low, then I leave it while I collect from other parts of the kingdom. You can only have one "monster" at a time, so once you have finished everywhere else, you go back and finish off the boar. I had one in a really good position that I kept for about a week, as it didn't get in the way of anything I needed. Hope that helps! ;)

mnjcafe
06-19-14, 05:13 AM
I agree with Jim, since the boars have been out of control lately, I have started "parking" them. I wouldn't normally do it for a whole week (though I did keep a fangbeast trapped out of the way thoughout the dragon event, because energy and time were extra precious) because in theory it is good to keep stocked up on the drops from the beasts, but yeah, I can only take so much boar fighting since that is not my chosen career!

vizbiz11
06-19-14, 05:49 AM
The boars have been overwhelming. I do the same as jim23cash--park the boar until I've finished all I need, then I whack the heck out of that sucker. BTW, has anyone else noticed that the Skunkupines have all but disappeared? I wonder if this means we will need skunkupine tails for the June event? Hmmmmm...

jim23cash
06-19-14, 07:24 AM
The boars have been overwhelming. I do the same as jim23cash--park the boar until I've finished all I need, then I whack the heck out of that sucker. BTW, has anyone else noticed that the Skunkupines have all but disappeared? I wonder if this means we will need skunkupine tails for the June event? Hmmmmm...

I replaced all my chickens with pink chickens, & now I only get pink skunkupines there, which gives me a good source of tails... And no worries about other beasties! BTW, I'm Annie. (See signature). ;)

bigtail2
06-19-14, 08:54 AM
Speaking of beasties, where have all the trolls gone?

doobievilla
06-19-14, 09:01 AM
Speaking of beasties, where have all the trolls gone?

We got rid of them for now the last big Troll event.. Troll Tribe Part 5

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?68215

zoeee87
06-19-14, 09:13 AM
I replaced all my chickens with pink chickens, & now I only get pink skunkupines there, which gives me a good source of tails... And no worries about other beasties! BTW, I'm Annie. (See signature). ;)

I did the EXACT same thing with my chickens too! It's worked very well for me!

forkyfork99
06-19-14, 09:55 AM
LOL - remember when we were complaining about the lack of boars? Be careful what we wish for, I suppose..

But I agree, they have been obnoxious. And I am maxed on on boar tusks. I wish they dropped more useful things.

plby
06-19-14, 02:04 PM

Skunkupines are still around. Collected 40 wheat this morning and got 11 of them.

Chaotarch
06-19-14, 11:48 PM
I wish they dropped more useful things.

Now they drop fur 1-2, for me its ok, i need :rolleyes:
but they waste energy:mad: need min 6 to **** and get 2-3:mad: ...sometimes i want the trolls back...:eek:

jaesha
06-20-14, 07:14 AM

I for one am happy with the extra boar activity. I desperately need the droppings for crafting for the adventure. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I say keep 'em coming. Maybe a troll or two every now and again so those resources won't get low. But I've noticed we have new resources for troll items, so troll sightings are not needed like before.

I have noticed that the boars are dropping energy and before they rarely did, so this helps defeat them without losing all 8 energy.

Another that I'd like to see more of is skunkupines or more consistent reliable resource for rat tails.

midgetsocks
06-23-14, 07:10 PM
Glad there is a thread in this cos the boar issue has gotten out of control. I'm generally not one to complain but I'm at the point where, like others mentioned, I will have it parked in a spot for days at a time while I go about my business. If I need a drop from that area then ill beat it down. I get back, at the most, 2 energies. This is frickin ridiculous after having spent gems and time on upgrading the wizard schools! I even get boars popping up when I collect from the cows. Used to be they stuck onto the coin buildings, now they're all over the place. So srsly, TL, I -park- the boar wherever I want as long as I want. And my wizard schools WILL be worth something, even if TL wants to render them useless.

Queenzod
06-23-14, 09:02 PM
Glad there is a thread in this cos the boar issue has gotten out of control. I'm generally not one to complain but I'm at the point where, like others mentioned, I will have it parked in a spot for days at a time while I go about my business. If I need a drop from that area then ill beat it down. I get back, at the most, 2 energies. This is frickin ridiculous after having spent gems and time on upgrading the wizard schools! I even get boars popping up when I collect from the cows. Used to be they stuck onto the coin buildings, now they're all over the place. So srsly, TL, I -park- the boar wherever I want as long as I want. And my wizard schools WILL be worth something, even if TL wants to render them useless.

I just gotta say...YEAH! I'm sick of losing 5-6 energies on each boar. It's really over the top.

Chaotarch
06-23-14, 11:42 PM
I even get boars popping up when I collect from the cows.

from cows?:confused:
i get fangies from cows, or u can get boars from royal cows?

midgetsocks
06-24-14, 05:37 PM
^When I collect from my cows, a dire boar will pop up. I have regular black white cows and 1 black cow.

Hi Queenzod, sorry you have the same issue :(

Chaotarch
06-25-14, 05:59 AM
^When I collect from my cows, a dire boar will pop up. I have regular black white cows and 1 black cow.

i checked my cows ( royal, turkey, white, black ) get only red fangbeasts:confused: sure that all checked one by one...
so u must have special cows:p

Anyuszko
06-25-14, 06:25 AM
About 2 weeks ago I started to do feral land adventures, my barrack doing just this. I like boars now since I need boar drops. Wanna max out all things from them, including the boar pelt (or something) which drops only from adventure

traellen
06-26-14, 03:48 PM
I'm ready to quit the game. I'm getting a boar every 1-2 moves, literally. That's absurd. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. I will not continue to play if this isn't fixed. I don't want to park a boar just so I can play in peace.

carebear8724
06-26-14, 05:32 PM
Me too I am getting over run with them! Just make them go away I'm getting up to 30 a day!

daisybeach2
07-01-14, 02:45 AM
Agree 100% the game is unplayable with the boars popping out every 2 moves. This is such a bad idea for the game. I refuse to buy more gems until they fix this.

SpiritWind00
07-01-14, 02:54 AM
I've found that now some time has gone by since the troll buildings have been placed, the boars in my land turn up only every 3ish days. They disappear for a few days then I get 5-8 in a day then back to nothing. I guess we all must have a different gameplay behind the scenes. If it annoys you too much, put some mushie rings or similar out of the way and try and trigger one so it doesn't affect your other buildings. Lots of players do this. They are energy suckers. I have more of an issue with Fangies.

CLOVERKAITO
07-01-14, 04:20 PM
I have way too many boars popping up too, with boar tusks always in the 90's (or maxing out if I forgot to use them to craft something) it's getting ridiculous... I don't want to trap them in a corner though because I do want my skunkupines (I need rat tails) to pop up, it's so frustrating.

Just now, I collected from my first sawmill and had one pop up. Because it's blocking my second sawmill, I had to defeat it first (6 energies wasted) so that I could access my second sawmill... now right after I tapped on my second sawmill, ANOTHER BLOODY BOAR POPPED UP. SO DARN ANNOYING!!!

TeamLava can you guys not make the boars associate with almost everything?! I do want my skunkupines so that's why I didn't trap the boar. If you aren't gonna get rid of the boars, can you at least make them drop more energies? It takes 6-8 energies to take one down and they only drop 2-3 energies. It's terrible.

Queenzod
07-01-14, 05:28 PM
I have way too many boars popping up too, with boar tusks always in the 90's (or maxing out if I forgot to use them to craft something) it's getting ridiculous... I don't want to trap them in a corner though because I do want my skunkupines (I need rat tails) to pop up, it's so frustrating.

Just now, I collected from my first sawmill and had one pop up. Because it's blocking my second sawmill, I had to defeat it first (6 energies wasted) so that I could access my second sawmill... now right after I tapped on my second sawmill, ANOTHER BLOODY BOAR POPPED UP. SO DARN ANNOYING!!!

TeamLava can you guys not make the boars associate with almost everything?! I do want my skunkupines so that's why I didn't trap the boar. If you aren't gonna get rid of the boars, can you at least make them drop more energies? It takes 6-8 energies to take one down and they only drop 2-3 energies. It's terrible.

Hear, hear! I had the exact same thing happen to me this afternoon, only it was with my mines. The second boar is still sitting there b/c I really don't need mining stuff right now. I'll be maxed out by update. They are VERY irritating with the energy stealing. Losing 4-5 energies multiple times per day really takes the cake.

Does anyone know if we're getting an update this week? Is the floral wigwam quest still open?

tigarlilyvol
07-01-14, 05:43 PM
Hear, hear! I had the exact same thing happen to me this afternoon, only it was with my mines. The second boar is still sitting there b/c I really don't need mining stuff right now. I'll be maxed out by update. They are VERY irritating with the energy stealing. Losing 4-5 energies multiple times per day really takes the cake.

Does anyone know if we're getting an update this week? Is the floral wigwam quest still open?

Wigwam runs 6/26 - 7/7, my guess not an update.

Squidlish
07-01-14, 06:20 PM
Feeling the need to second all these motions... SO MANY BOARS! I also do the trick of keeping one trapped in a corner for a while - but now I'm on the questline where I need to send out the Belladonna exchange 3x - so I need 45!! rattails, and there is nary a skunkupine to be seen!
My Pepe has been conspiculously stingy with the rat-tails too - has taken to giving me just one measly tomato most times!
I don't mind the frequency of the monsters appearing -- they need to give us obstacles to overcome in this game afterall, but PLEASE - mix it up a bit!
Send more skunkupines OR - add rat tails to the drops for boars and fangbeasts!

SpiritWind00
07-01-14, 07:35 PM
Squiddie I agree.... Tails to drop from the other monsters would be very beneficial, especially when you're maxed on the crops that spawn skunkies.

Happy Canada Day too!

CLOVERKAITO
07-01-14, 11:22 PM
SAME. THING. HAPPENED. AGAIN. WITH. SAWMILL. (well almost, I clicked the further sawmill first because of what happened this afternoon, and when the boar appeared at least the closer sawmill wasn't blocked so there is a boar sitting in the middle of my kingdom now since I can't be bothered to take it down at the moment)

I'm almost tempted to drive these stupid boars into extinction now :rolleyes:

Happy Canada Day to all Canadians as well! :cool:

minndom
07-02-14, 01:03 AM
I have had one boar standing in a suitable location for a while. I haven't bothered to slay it as it doesn't really prevent me from collecting from the meaningful buildings.

daisybeach2
07-02-14, 04:15 PM
Giving this thread the bump because the boars are ruining the game.

Beleriand
07-02-14, 08:00 PM
I have had one trapped for a few days, it's been so lovely to be able to use my full 40 on collecting. But alas I am getting short on rat tails too so me thinks I will have to get the sword out.

jazzydiva1
07-03-14, 02:16 PM
I was thinking about posting about the same thing. I get boars every time I play. I play multiple times a day and I have to "park" them because they spend up some much energy. I am maxed out on boar tusks because I get so many. I don't mind monsters but the energy wasted is what I don't like. Skunkpines and trolls are non-existent in my kingdom.