PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Ideas Thread

doobievilla
06-16-14, 09:20 PM
QueenZod's
I make the same thing in both kitchens. I never have to make flour or sugar anymore, except to use up a bit of crops when they get over 90. If I have a free 1/2 hour, I'll make noodles with the excess eggs, cos I like to keep even amounts of eggs and milk. At night I put in hot sauce or a feast if I have enough bits to craft one. I also have 2 pergolas, so that gives me hearty stews and the other things for feasts pretty regularly. If I'm going to be around all day, I'll make ice cream sundaes. I keep 99 strawberries all the time, so I only have to replant 18 of those when I start the sundaes. And, I just topped out my chocolate inventory as well, so I replant those when I use them, too. It took me three days of steady chocolateering to max out my chocolate.

Basically, I concentrate on feast items all the time, and only make something different when I have to in order to use something up. I never make fish or grits or any of those things, they come regularly through the exchange or pergola. Sometimes I have to make fruit stuff, but I've got 80 apple pies now and hoping we're going to get a use for those soon.

I dunno, does this help? What do other people do? Should we start a new thread with kitchen strategies?

doobievilla
06-16-14, 09:22 PM
I like these ideas.. I tend to do short in one and long term items in one.. so not to tie up them for long times.. Lets hear your Ideas.. all ideas are welcome and like we all have differnt life schedules we also have various ways to play CS.. speak up .. this is a no drama thread. Thanks !

forkyfork99
06-17-14, 06:49 AM
I try to do the egg/milk exchange whenever I can to take the load off my kitchen. I try to keep all my crops as maxed out as I can b/c there's always some quest that asks for 50 of them at once. I like to good amount of sugar and wheat planted so I can turn it into flour/sugar AND attract skunkupines. Tomatoes also attract them, I've found.

When I have the time and have no specific food goals in mind, I try to make flour, sugar, and chocolate. Always good to have a bunch of those on hand.

I try to have all the ingredients on hand to make one of each feast on the spot, however I like to save it for when I need it, in case I need the ingredients for something else (e.g. the hot sauce for Faerie Respite)

Bread and hot sauce are good ingredients to make overnight since they take a while and are fairly versatile.

AliveSlice
06-18-14, 08:38 PM
For a long time I never had any particular strategy for the kitchens, but now that I'm more or less caught up with all quests, I have time to stockpile foods. I always make sure I have a good amount of the basics all the time. By basics I mean flour, sugar, and chocolate. Once I have around 50 or so of each, then I will move up to the secondary items, such as bread, grits, noodles, syrup, ice cream, and anything else that uses the 3 basics ingredients. Then once my basic items run low due to all this crafting, I focus on replenishing them again. This cycle repeats until my secondary food items start accumulating (anywhere from 20~50), then I start creating feast items. Then I start the whole process over.

I deviate from this general pattern when I start to max out my apples, oranges, and lemons, in which case I immediately focus on making apple pies, orange cobblers, and lemonades, until I run out of fruit. This allows me to always have a steady supply of the gem fruits.

Also, at night I put in the items that take a long time. So, any feasts, hot sauce, bread, sundaes, etc.

This strategy has served me well ever since I started to use it.

maguar
06-19-14, 03:09 AM
I used to focus on getting out sweet and spicy feasts as those were the adventures I went on the most. I've decided to start doing the more basic adventures as the ingridents often drop from the egg & dairy trade, harvest pergola and sir pig. This will give me time to start restocking my basics like flour, noodles, chocolate, ice cream.