PDA

View Full Version : Every goal repeated

LadyZhenJi
01-12-14, 03:40 PM
I just tried to get to my bakery and every single goal I have done came up as a pop up. Besides the annoyance b of closing each window, it is telling me I ran out of time to complete older goals that I have completed. I'm concerned that I will lose all of my winter stuff because the game now thinks that I haven't completed then.

Any thoughts?

Gypsy_Cat
01-14-14, 07:25 AM
This has been happening to me for a couple of months. I sent an email to support yesterday. You shouldn't lose anything; I haven't. It's just super annoying and you really have to be careful not to hit the 'buy now' button or you could spend gems. So far I've been fortunate to avoid that. By the way, this also happens to me in RS and Fashion.

[S8] Regina
01-14-14, 12:18 PM
I just tried to get to my bakery and every single goal I have done came up as a pop up. Besides the annoyance b of closing each window, it is telling me I ran out of time to complete older goals that I have completed. I'm concerned that I will lose all of my winter stuff because the game now thinks that I haven't completed then.

Any thoughts?

Sorry about the pop-ups! We'll take a look at this, thanks!

[S8] Regina
01-14-14, 12:48 PM
Which specific Quest do you see that pops up, and how often does this happen?

Catsandcakes
01-14-14, 11:47 PM
I have the same problem
Almost once in two or three days i have to deal with all these pop-ups, not specific one (which I skipped or completed / newly passed or oldest ones) they are so annoying also day by day increasing so it's getting harder, longer, more unbearable..... to cancel them.
I hope you fix this as soon as possible..

LadyZhenJi
01-19-14, 03:12 PM

I was getting every single goal I have completed since I started playing. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a chance to finish the movie stars goal ;)

ffbb96
01-19-14, 07:39 PM
I am having this problem for more than 3 months. Every single goal pops up every day. And I lost 30 gems this morning because I accidentally click a "Buy Now" button. This is the second time this month. I am thinking about quitting the game if this problem cannot be fixed soon.

temerity380
01-21-14, 09:39 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to go back to any of the older goals to unlock the machines? they are still sitting in the "store", but greyed out. will they ever become available for me to buy or disappear? I tried to buy with jems, it took the jems, but did not unlock the machine. I am not getting those popup options anymore. (but they never worked)

[S8] Regina
01-21-14, 12:10 PM
I am having this problem for more than 3 months. Every single goal pops up every day. And I lost 30 gems this morning because I accidentally click a "Buy Now" button. This is the second time this month. I am thinking about quitting the game if this problem cannot be fixed soon.

Please email support@teamlava.com for assistance with your account!

[S8] Regina
01-21-14, 12:20 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to go back to any of the older goals to unlock the machines? they are still sitting in the "store", but greyed out. will they ever become available for me to buy or disappear? I tried to buy with jems, it took the jems, but did not unlock the machine. I am not getting those popup options anymore. (but they never worked)

For Goal items that are locked, and you did not complete the Limited-Time Goals for them, they cannot be unlocked.

If you tried to Skip the Goal (when it was active) using Gems, you will not be able to get the items.

If you spent the Gems when the old Goals popped up, please email support@teamlava.com for further assistance. Thank you!

happyheartfla
01-30-14, 09:10 AM
This has been going on for many months!! It's been reported multiple times and still no fix! A work around is to force close the app and then restart it. When it restarts the popups are 'usually' gone. I'm on Android and this has been working for me.

kimandamelia
02-06-14, 02:59 PM
I know this has been discussed, please do not lock this post until it gets fixed! I can't take the constant pop ups of every goal I've ever completed, this happens every other day it seems anymore! I spend a good 5 minutes trying to clear past these, very frustrating and annoying. Can someone PLEASE look into this once and for all? I've seen posts about this many times and nothing has been fixed....:mad::mad::mad:

nmishii
02-06-14, 03:39 PM
People have complained about this for a very long time. Face it, its not going to get fixed.

If you use the back button and exit out, when you get back in it should be okay. Works for me.

filochick1982
02-06-14, 03:42 PM
Hmmm I'm on iOS and don't have old completed goals popping up, only current ones.

nmishii
02-06-14, 03:43 PM
The old completed goals popping up only occur on Android devices. Which could be why its not a priority to figure out the problem and fix.

bobbyrae
02-06-14, 03:50 PM
Hmmm I'm on iOS and don't have old completed goals popping up, only current ones.

Which is why I ended up abandoning my game on my android and only use it as a feeder for the game i play on my ios device.

I might go back and try nmishii's suggestion and see if it works for me.

bobbyrae
02-07-14, 04:50 AM
People have complained about this for a very long time. Face it, its not going to get fixed.

If you use the back button and exit out, when you get back in it should be okay. Works for me.

Well I tried this and doesn't work for me :( So I guess I'm not going to be playing it on my android. I play on a samsumg s3mini.
All that happens when I hit the back button and exit out of the game is that another pop up appears with a list of all the goals ever released then when i hit the "x" and close that out it looks like the pop ups are gone and then...they all just come back up where they left off.

Restaurant Remodel
A new Toy
Crackin Cornbread
A warm welcome

These are what I was able to catch this morning. There were more before the "restaurant remodel" goal, though. And you have to close each one out twice before they will go away.

LuluMid
02-10-14, 04:48 AM
I know this has been discussed, please do not lock this post until it gets fixed! I can't take the constant pop ups of every goal I've ever completed, this happens every other day it seems anymore! I spend a good 5 minutes trying to clear past these, very frustrating and annoying. Can someone PLEASE look into this once and for all? I've seen posts about this many times and nothing has been fixed....:mad::mad::mad:

I have this exact same issue. Will a mod please reply with any updates?!

bobbyrae
02-10-14, 06:24 AM
I have this exact same issue. Will a mod please reply with any updates?!

Did you try doing what nmishii suggested? It didn't work for me but maybe it might work for you.

LuluMid
02-12-14, 02:40 AM
LOL. We shouldn't have to bypass these popups since this is something the devs need to fix. Jesus. There's no reply yet from mods/comm managers yet about this? Please reply,
These popups with old goals are annoying as hell.

[S8] Regina
02-12-14, 11:26 AM
Sorry about the old goals popping up! We are still investigating this matter. If you have any gem issues regarding this matter, please email support@teamlava.com. Thank you!

tresspassers
02-19-14, 08:12 PM
I just started having this problem when I got a new phone. I was using an HTC One X before and now have a Galaxy Note 3. It happens on RS, BS and Fashion Story when I open the game. For 10 minutes I'm closing all these old goal popups that keep coming up and my customer rating is dropping like crazy because my counters are empty and I can't get to my food. This is so annoying and time-consuming, I can't play it on my breaks at work anymore and have to stick with 12+ hour recipes until this is fixed.
Bakery Story V. 1.5.5.7.8
Android Version 4.3

On Fashion Story it starts when I open my catalog.

vesperivy
02-22-14, 04:07 PM
I've been having this problem also. Please fix it! It's so annoying!

jlfarris
02-26-14, 11:20 AM
I just sent email about this as well. Super annoying! I see it's been going on a long time and still ahsn't been fixed. I'm a fairly new player.

kooky panda
02-26-14, 11:50 AM
While you are waiting on support you can try deleting and redownloading the game.
This has worked for some players.

Avenuez
02-27-14, 10:47 AM
While you are waiting on support you can try deleting and redownloading the game.
This has worked for some players.

That didn't do the trick for me.
I have the same issue on both bakery and restaurant story.
I close the game and restart it to make it disappear. But that's only temporary.

autumnbrz
03-11-14, 01:40 PM
I have been having the same issue since day one... old goals popping up..having to close window after window after window. I use Restaurant Story and Bakery Story games. I have a Droid Maxx right now but I had a Droid 4. It happened on my old device (the 4) as well. It is extremely annoying. I leave game and go into my apps and force stop the app. It is a temporary fix. The game seems to behave for a short while then it crops back up. The issue seemed to disappear for a short while but it is back FULL FORCE. That is what brought me to the forums. It is aggravating enough that I am contemplating quitting all together.

bobbyrae
04-02-14, 11:25 AM
We got new goals in RESTAURANT STORY and again all the old goals popped up, so I made a list.

1. Ready to Roast (x2 Pop ups)
2. The Final Test (x2 )
3. Hit the Bench (x2)
4. Cavalry has arrived (Do you want to spend gems to complete?*)
5. Perfect Look (x2)
6. Missing Pieces (x2)
7. Sneak and Snoop (gems)
8. Burger Ball (x2)
9. Slam Jam (x2)
10. We need a favour (gems)
11. The Perfect Shot (x2)
12. Finishing Touches (x2)
13. Food for the soul (gems)
14. Blowing Balloons (x2)
15. Simmering Potential (x2)
16. Sweet Spots (x2)
17. Crackin Cornbread (x2)
18. Modern Makeover (x2)
19. Restaurant Remodel (x2)
20. A new toy (x2)
21. Birthday Party (gems)
22. A warm welcome (x2)
23. The ultimate path (x2)
24. Season for romance (gems)
25. Dragon Story :Springtime

At this point RS Froze and closed.

* The pop ups asking if we want to spend gems to complete one has to be very careful as it has an image of a coin on the pop up but the question asks if you wish to spend gems (as much as 36 gems in some cases). The player has to be very slow in clicking because on these pop ups the "No thank you" is greyed out and the "ok" is in bright yellow. The perfect gem trap.

For the other pop ups not asking if we want to use gems to complete, there are TWO pop ups for each goal. So that's over 40 pop ups that one must close out JUST to be able to play this game. Why can this NOT be fixed?

bobbyrae
04-07-14, 01:43 PM
And here we go again. Today's goals for RS that popped up in order:-

1. Show your Stuff (x2)
2. Blowing Balloons (gems)
3. All in Moderation(x2)
4. The Perfect Look (x2)
5. Order up (x2)
6. The Clouds part (x2)
7. The Missing Pieces (x2)
8. The Final Test (x2)
9. Get your ticket (gems)
10. A chef's journey (x2)
11. The Perfect shot (gems)
12. Sweet Spots (x2)
13. Finishing Touches (x2)
14. Modern Makeover (x2)
15. A modern menu (x2)
16. Bursting at the Seams (x2)
17. Hit the Bench (gems)
18. Best of the Rest (x2)
19. Reasy to Roast (x2)
20. Food for the Soul (gems)
21. Surprise Contest (x2)
22. A new direction (x2)
23. Sweet Shooting (gems)
24. Master Level Morsel (gems)
25. We need a favour (gems)
26. A spring Surprise(x2)
27. A Piece of peace (x2)
28. Birthday Party (gems)
29. A warm welcome (x2)
30. The ultimate path (x2)
31. Season for romance (gems)
32. Dragon Story Spring time

"Unfortunately Restaurant Story has stopped"

NasterBaiter
04-10-14, 01:37 AM
What's being done about the old goals that keep popping up. Very irritating. I'm ready to quit this game for good. You guys have ripped me off on the cost of gems trying to get rid of pop-up

bobbyrae
04-10-14, 06:55 AM
Obviously nothing is being done Naster.

gabbysmom87
05-03-14, 10:26 PM
All you have to do is close the game & reopen it & it's gone. Don't bother going through them just exit the game. This only happens to me with the login feature. I believe it's a refresh glitch or something.

bobbyrae
05-04-14, 08:14 AM
All you have to do is close the game & reopen it & it's gone. Don't bother going through them just exit the game. This only happens to me with the login feature. I believe it's a refresh glitch or something.
Unfortunately that doesn't work for me :( I have tried it and the pop ups just continue until the game crashes. For this reason I can't be bothered to play in my android.

It hasn't happened for a while on bakery story, but it happens fairly frequently on restaurant.

ladybugrentals
05-13-14, 04:30 PM
I have gotten ALL previous goals poppig up. For TL to ask what goals is a way to give users "busy work". It has happened 3 different times in the last month. If other users are experiencing this then surely if TL is active as a user they too wpuld experience this. However, it also may yet again be a android issue. It has not happened on my iphone.
TL please be considerate and take us seriously when we say we are having issues.
Thank you

nmishii
05-13-14, 04:36 PM
It is an Android issue. This has been reported by many for a long time and I'm sure they got enough people to tell them specifically which goals are popping up (as if it matters). They either don't have the time to bother with this problem or they have no clue how to fix it. They should just admit that instead of wasting people's time gathering the information.

LalaSmooth
05-14-14, 01:27 PM
I'm forever having the old goals pop up, its annoying. it takes me about 10 mins to click 'not now'.

minidemon88
05-15-14, 04:34 AM
I'm forever having the old goals pop up, its annoying. it takes me about 10 mins to click 'not now'.

I just forced close the game and reopen it. All the annoying pop up would be gone.

LalaSmooth
05-15-14, 08:14 AM
I just forced close the game and reopen it. All the annoying pop up would be gone.

yeah i emailed teamlava about it and they said about settings and close the app and re install it and restart device so i
nothing happening yet

minidemon88
05-15-14, 10:47 AM
yeah i emailed teamlava about it and they said about settings and close the app and re install it and restart device so i
nothing happening yet

Sorry to hear that doesn't work for you. I tried closing it the first time I got it and it took me forever to closed all the pop-up. @__@ Annoying to the maximum and I've to be extra careful not to tap on those expired goals which let you unlock the appliance with gems. Hopefully tl will find a way and fix it real soon.

gwenlovepugs
06-16-14, 06:59 AM
My Resturant story keeps repeating every goal I ever received. Here what happens my game opens fresh. A message appears that I can buy the newest accessory with diamonds when I dismiss the message EVERY:mad: expired goal that I have ever received pops up over the game. Then with each expired goal I get another message that I can recover the goal even though the goal is completed. Sometimes it starts in the middle of the goals then starts back at the beginning all the way to current goal. If I quickly dismiss the message another pops up before I can even finish the task I am trying to do. It makes the game very annoying. I need help please. :confused:

I am using Samsung 3 and a Moto X smartphone. It happens with both Resturant Story (newlyweds)1.5.5.7.8 and Bakery Story (Soccer) 1.5.5.7.8 on both phones.

gwenlovepugs
06-16-14, 12:49 PM
anyone? 20 people have looked at it anyone? I could sure use a suggestion. did I forget something? let me know.

[S8] Elsa
06-16-14, 02:01 PM
We checked your Gwenlovepugs account and didn't receive these goals. Any additional information you could provide will help us investigate this further. Please let us know the current goals you see and when they appear in the game. Do you use the same account for both devices?

gwenlovepugs
06-17-14, 01:09 PM
The same as bobbyrae
thank you boobyraeWe got new goals in RESTAURANT STORY and again all the old goals popped up, so I made a list.

1. Ready to Roast (x2 Pop ups)
2. The Final Test (x2 )
3. Hit the Bench (x2)
4. Cavalry has arrived (Do you want to spend gems to complete?*)
5. Perfect Look (x2)
6. Missing Pieces (x2)
7. Sneak and Snoop (gems)
8. Burger Ball (x2)
9. Slam Jam (x2)
10. We need a favour (gems)
11. The Perfect Shot (x2)
12. Finishing Touches (x2)
13. Food for the soul (gems)
14. Blowing Balloons (x2)
15. Simmering Potential (x2)
16. Sweet Spots (x2)
17. Crackin Cornbread (x2)
18. Modern Makeover (x2)
19. Restaurant Remodel (x2)
20. A new toy (x2)
21. Birthday Party (gems)
22. A warm welcome (x2)
23. The ultimate path (x2)
24. Season for romance (gems)
25. Dragon Story :Springtime

and the list continues...

This happens about every day. But it always begins with an offer to buy a special decorations with diamonds. The most recent one was cowboy crate.

gwenlovepugs
06-17-14, 04:39 PM
Yes, I use the same account for both games. I would like to add that sometimes the goals repeat too. Sometimes it starts in the middle, goes to the end and starts over. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. And if I turn everything off it just continues when I turn the game back on.It is most annoying

gwenlovepugs
06-18-14, 05:08 AM
Any ideas? if i forgot something let me know

Nikki_Finn
06-20-14, 09:15 AM
android player.....old goals pop up but only when I am opening the game to receive my gems from downloading a new game or reaching whatever level in the new game. it's right after the gems are added to my total.

I just either try to exit out before they pop up or if they do, I press the home button then go to settings to force close the game.

but we shouldn't have to do little tricks to get the game to work correctly. it should just work.

bobbyrae
06-20-14, 10:14 AM
android player.....old goals pop up but only when I am opening the game to receive my gems from downloading a new game or reaching whatever level in the new game. it's right after the gems are added to my total.

I just either try to exit out before they pop up or if they do, I press the home button then go to settings to force close the game.

but we shouldn't have to do little tricks to get the game to work correctly. it should just work.

It should just work. Perhaps a few of the developers should try actually playing the games on android devices for a while. Not just a day or an hour, but a few months. I suspect they would eventually be able to "recreate" the problem.

bakersskuare
06-20-14, 08:54 PM
I have found it sometimes very helpful to uninstall my game and wait for about 3 hours and then re-install the game, even the next day sometimes. Hope that helps you

EmmaSurf
06-23-14, 05:56 PM
To Team Lava - I'm across the Bay and so my suspicion is that I'm using online when the servers get rebooted, maintenance is run, or something similar. I never see any kind of message "Not available try again later" so I'm guessing that maybe you have fallback servers so you can do main. while keeping the game up. Reason I mention this is - if I'm playing late, or 'think' I've closed the game but it's really in the background (Androids are notorious for this unless I actually **** the processes), especially Sunday night, Tuesday around 5pm - 7pm if you are starting a new goal/challenge, etc. - I'll see a rollback of goals that were completed a long time ago. Sorry that I haven't paid attn to details but I think they are the original goals that pop back up, not any of the special times ones. So the trigger seems to be a change in the app that gets pushed out automatically, and the 'reappearing goals' are IMHO ones that are based on level etc. If I restart the tablet, it usually goes away. I've found that it's pretty useless to try to close all the windows because it is going to pop up a ton - at least 20 at times.

Hope that helps in troubleshooting. When I first started playing it freaked me because those were goals that were recent for me, but now I can tell most are really old. I don't see a reduction in any of my funds, so I don't think it is altering my actual status - It 'feels' like when the server is restarted (or whatever the trigger is) it goes back in the code to assume the user is new, and then doesn't see that the user has already completed the goals. It then tries to trigger each goal. Since some are timed, they will show as "you ran out of time" which of course is disturbing to the user. I assume that if the user does not have any of the code running (either actively or in the background) then this whole trigger scenario is avoided.

I don't have ios so don't know if it's the same there, or if it's different for the various Android OS versions, or rooted/unrooted etc. makes any difference. So far I have not had to uninstall/reinstall. When you have rolled out buggy code that had to be pulled back and corrected, it seemed to be much worse during those hours you were troubleshooting. I just guessed at that time that you might have been rolling out/back multiple changes. I guess if that happened over and over during the same session, there could be a chance of corruption on whatever is d/l'd to the device - but I am not familar with this kind of programming/apps so you'd know if that is something to check. If you want more info pls pm me or email me and I'm glad to do whatever test would help from my end. I like the games and I see the same behavior on BS/RS/DS from time to time.

gwenlovepugs
06-25-14, 06:56 AM
You know Emmasurf, that may be a point my Samsung 3 runs things in the background and may not close out the game. I will try to restart and come back. Will keep you posted because this is an ANNOYING problem.

[S8] Elsa
06-25-14, 01:47 PM
To Team Lava - I'm across the Bay and so my suspicion is that I'm using online when the servers get rebooted, maintenance is run, or something similar. I never see any kind of message "Not available try again later" so I'm guessing that maybe you have fallback servers so you can do main. while keeping the game up. Reason I mention this is - if I'm playing late, or 'think' I've closed the game but it's really in the background (Androids are notorious for this unless I actually **** the processes), especially Sunday night, Tuesday around 5pm - 7pm if you are starting a new goal/challenge, etc. - I'll see a rollback of goals that were completed a long time ago. Sorry that I haven't paid attn to details but I think they are the original goals that pop back up, not any of the special times ones. So the trigger seems to be a change in the app that gets pushed out automatically, and the 'reappearing goals' are IMHO ones that are based on level etc. If I restart the tablet, it usually goes away. I've found that it's pretty useless to try to close all the windows because it is going to pop up a ton - at least 20 at times.

Hope that helps in troubleshooting. When I first started playing it freaked me because those were goals that were recent for me, but now I can tell most are really old. I don't see a reduction in any of my funds, so I don't think it is altering my actual status - It 'feels' like when the server is restarted (or whatever the trigger is) it goes back in the code to assume the user is new, and then doesn't see that the user has already completed the goals. It then tries to trigger each goal. Since some are timed, they will show as "you ran out of time" which of course is disturbing to the user. I assume that if the user does not have any of the code running (either actively or in the background) then this whole trigger scenario is avoided.

I don't have ios so don't know if it's the same there, or if it's different for the various Android OS versions, or rooted/unrooted etc. makes any difference. So far I have not had to uninstall/reinstall. When you have rolled out buggy code that had to be pulled back and corrected, it seemed to be much worse during those hours you were troubleshooting. I just guessed at that time that you might have been rolling out/back multiple changes. I guess if that happened over and over during the same session, there could be a chance of corruption on whatever is d/l'd to the device - but I am not familar with this kind of programming/apps so you'd know if that is something to check. If you want more info pls pm me or email me and I'm glad to do whatever test would help from my end. I like the games and I see the same behavior on BS/RS/DS from time to time.

We rarely do maintenances on the weekend, so Sunday night shouldn't affect your game. We will continue to try and reproduce this, but we haven't experienced this thus far. For example, if I opened your account up, it wouldn't happen for me.

Can you share with us when (date/time) this started happening for you? Did you switch to a new device or did it suddenly start?

gwenlovepugs
07-02-14, 06:11 PM
OK this is Gwenlovepugs and I have discovered that on my Samsung 3 that both my restaurant and bakery are running in the background so when I visit my restaurant I am opening up a game that was already there. SO...when the goals start to repeat if I turn off my phone and leave it off about 10 min. That works for me. Thanks, for the help.

ZenCrescendo
12-16-14, 06:18 AM
I'm receiving notifications for goals I have already long done and completed. The notification windows even tell me, or rather show me, that the goals have been completed by there being green check mark next to each one.

Notifications like these bombard me, and I've lost gems, food (which spoiled) and had angry customers because of this, and frantically clicking the annoying pop-ups doesn't help!

I propose a feature that let's you toggle Goal Pop-Ups. This way, once players learn to check their Goals panel, they can avoid obnoxious sabotage by way of pop-ups.