PDA

View Full Version : android crashing

echo005
06-15-14, 11:25 AM
Since last weekend's big problems the game still crashed when visiting neighbors of high levels/highly decorated but yesterday and today its been crashing a lot.my daughter has been getting the same.dont want to email support as they dont do anything plus I have emailed them about problems with fruit blast resetting itself to level 1.kooky can you help? I've given up on DS for the night cos it just crashed 4 times in 15 minutes

MysticalJan
06-15-14, 02:35 PM
Since last weekend's big problems the game still crashed when visiting neighbors of high levels/highly decorated but yesterday and today its been crashing a lot.my daughter has been getting the same.dont want to email support as they dont do anything plus I have emailed them about problems with fruit blast resetting itself to level 1.kooky can you help? I've given up on DS for the night cos it just crashed 4 times in 15 minutes

Yes i also want to know why. I have same pproblems. So annoying

[S8] Elsa
06-16-14, 10:42 AM
Can you let us know what actions in the game you're doing when the game crashes? If you're visiting neighbors, does it happen when you visit a specific neighbor?

@echo005, please allow support 3-5 business days to respond to your ticket. Our support staff is limited over the weekend. Thank you for understanding!

echo005
06-17-14, 08:09 AM
Just visited 8 regulars in the last hour and written everything down.they are all on Ios levels ranging from 83-150.the level 83 was fine,one of the 150 neighbors is always unvisitable-accepting coins for visiting takes forever then crasheson the whole i can play with dragons ok but some islands do lag and i can post on most walls,return home but then crash.one of my neighbors crashed on me when i was trying to post so went in again and posted ok.so out of 8 neighbors it crashed 6 times.obviously i don't have time to get to visit all neighbors so is hard to know if i have any that are on android-seems to me that it is an android/Ios conflict.can access my daughter's island ok and she is on android.tech really need to start looking at the issues that we on ANDROID have to put up with on a daily basis.i really can't remember a time when playing was absolutely 100% ok

Amber498
06-17-14, 11:43 PM
Just to chime in on this - android has crashed on my island since the ice age was added. I was level 100 then. Now, at level 150 with some of the 4-dragon habitats, even IOS users are reporting that they can't visit my island because of crashing. And I don't have many decorations and still have six expansion areas to finish.

Android has crashed for ages. IOS is experiencing it now too. I'm on an iPad 4, 32MB and also crash, but only on islands that have mostly all upgraded 4-dragon habitats.

Hope that helps echo005, and I'm sorry that you're crashing. [S8] Elsa, hope that info helps as well.

It's a bummer when long-time friends can no longer visit and leave messages. I've also lost a lot of good android neighbors because of the crashing.

[S8] Elsa
06-18-14, 11:26 AM
Just visited 8 regulars in the last hour and written everything down.they are all on Ios levels ranging from 83-150.the level 83 was fine,one of the 150 neighbors is always unvisitable-accepting coins for visiting takes forever then crasheson the whole i can play with dragons ok but some islands do lag and i can post on most walls,return home but then crash.one of my neighbors crashed on me when i was trying to post so went in again and posted ok.so out of 8 neighbors it crashed 6 times.obviously i don't have time to get to visit all neighbors so is hard to know if i have any that are on android-seems to me that it is an android/Ios conflict.can access my daughter's island ok and she is on android.tech really need to start looking at the issues that we on ANDROID have to put up with on a daily basis.i really can't remember a time when playing was absolutely 100% ok

If you have an older or lower end device, loading large boards full of Dragons with high item and animations to load, you may experience performance issues in comparison to visiting a neighbor with few Dragons. We tested visiting iOS players from different Android devices and we were able to visit normally.

Just to chime in on this - android has crashed on my island since the ice age was added. I was level 100 then. Now, at level 150 with some of the 4-dragon habitats, even IOS users are reporting that they can't visit my island because of crashing. And I don't have many decorations and still have six expansion areas to finish.

Android has crashed for ages. IOS is experiencing it now too. I'm on an iPad 4, 32MB and also crash, but only on islands that have mostly all upgraded 4-dragon habitats.

Hope that helps echo005, and I'm sorry that you're crashing. [S8] Elsa, hope that info helps as well.

It's a bummer when long-time friends can no longer visit and leave messages. I've also lost a lot of good android neighbors because of the crashing.

When you experience a crash on the iPad4, is it only when visiting islands that have a full board with lots of Dragons? Is there a specific neighbor or neighbors that you're crashing on?

echo005
06-19-14, 02:15 AM
been having these problems right from the start when i bought the phone new in february last year (samsung galaxy ace 2) and it isn't an older/lower end device.if i don't have compatibility problems with any other non TL games then surely this should be looked at???? we can't all afford to buy expensive mobile devices-and we should'nt have to just to be able to play this game properly.plus i see that Ios users have problems but to a lesser extent so obviously TL need to sort things out at their end.

Amber498
06-19-14, 02:22 AM
Elsa;920864']

When you experience a crash on the iPad4, is it only when visiting islands that have a full board with lots of Dragons? Is there a specific neighbor or neighbors that you're crashing on?
Hi [S8 Elsa] I'm only crashing on a handful of neighbors that have full boards with lots of dragons, in particular lots of the upgraded 4-dragon habitats. If you need specific island names that I'm crashing on, I can pm you, but will be gone until next week.

Quite a few IOS neighbors have recently said that they can't visit because they're crashing on my island and I don't have a full board (short 6 expansions) and only have seven 4-dragon habitats. For those neighbors, I can find out what IOS devices they have; they may have older ones. For android neighbors, I only know of one or two that are still able to visit. Hope that helps.

Thank you for looking into this issue!

DragonWished
06-19-14, 10:37 AM
I have open ticket number []

TeamLava support tells me that there are bug fixes to address the crashing issue available at the iTunes store (not applicable to me) and at the Android Market (not applicable to me). I play on a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and my version of Black Diamond Dragon Story (dated May 23, 2014) came from the Google Play Store. No update there.

Would love to know when the bug fix will be released to Google Play. The 15-20 crashes per hour that I am currently experiencing are sucking the joy out of playing.

kooky panda
06-19-14, 10:44 AM
I have open ticket number []

TeamLava support tells me that there are bug fixes to address the crashing issue available at the iTunes store (not applicable to me) and at the Android Market (not applicable to me). I play on a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and my version of Black Diamond Dragon Story (dated May 23, 2014) came from the Google Play Store. No update there.

Would love to know when the bug fix will be released to Google Play. The 15-20 crashes per hour that I am currently experiencing are sucking the joy out of playing.

Android market is the same as google play.

[S8] Elsa
06-19-14, 11:02 AM
For those of you experiencing this, is it only occurring on Black Diamond or do you crash on both the regular and special version?

@echo005: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 released early 2012. While that's not too old, it has less than 1GB of RAM, which means you may have memory issues with more graphic intensive games like Dragon Story that has lots of images and animations.

@Amber498: Yes, if your neighbors are on older devices they may crash when visiting large boards. While your board might not be totally expanded, a board that's full of Dragons has separate animations and images for each one so an older device like iPhone 3GS might have a rough time visiting you.

@DragonWished: I asked Support to follow up with you. If the last version you logged into was the base version, the agent may have asked you to update to Black Diamond. If you have any further questions about your ticket, please send me a PM.

If anyone's able to provide video of their crash, please let me know. This would help us identify specifically what's happening for your game.

DragonWished
06-19-14, 11:11 AM
Elsa;921272']For those of you experiencing this, is it only occurring on Black Diamond or do you crash on both the regular and special version?

@DragonWished: I asked Support to follow up with you. If the last version you logged into was the base version, the agent may have asked you to update to Black Diamond. If you have any further questions about your ticket, please send me a PM.

If anyone's able to provide video of their crash, please let me know. This would help us identify specifically what's happening for your game.

I look forward to hear from Support. The base version (that I got from amazon.com) crashes less frequently but does not allow me to breed new dragons.

I do have Black Diamond installed. It came from Google Play and is dated May 23, 2014. There is no later version at Google Play.

Regarding Android Market, I have tried downloading this app from Google Play and am informed it is not compatible for my device.

DragonWished
06-19-14, 11:15 AM
Kooky,

I play on an Android tablet not a phone. Google Play informs me that Android Market is not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Sigh.

[S8] Elsa
06-20-14, 12:05 PM
Kooky,

I play on an Android tablet not a phone. Google Play informs me that Android Market is not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Sigh.

The Android Market is Google Play. Google Play is the new name, which changed a couple of years ago.

DragonWished
06-23-14, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Elsa, for the new information about the old name for Google Play.

The Black Diamond version of Dragon Story has not been updated in Google Play in any way that is searchable. The only version that comes up in a search is 1.0.7.7 dated May 23, 2014. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this version many times with no improvement to the crashing problem.

1.0.7.7 constantly crashes and I have submitted a crash report via Google Play for each occurrence. None of the other TL games crash on my Samsung tablet. Just Dragon Story.

I have reopened my ticket with Support but have not yet received an answer that addresses my issue.

echo005
06-23-14, 03:32 PM
EXTREME lagging/crashing right now (been playing for half an hour) in christmas and black diamond versions.virtually unplayable and so pi$$ed off trying to visit neighbors i've had enough for today.hopefully in the morning it'll be better.

dancingsnickerdoodle
06-24-14, 01:30 PM
I'm on IOS & having the same problem. It's the most frustrating thing ever. Hope it's fixed soon!
The following is the letter I sent to TL support:

Hello,

For over a week now Dragon Story has been crashing each and every time I open the game. I am only in the game for about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes when it throws me out of the game.

This happens during any part of the game. While I'm swiping from one side of the island to another, collecting tips, visiting neighbors, breeding, evolving, questing, healing, mining...you name it it crashes. It's been especially frustrating while mining as I open the mine, tap to play and the game crashes. I have lost credit for 3 bombs and 4 dynamite without having tapped on any part of the mine at all.

I plant crops, send quests, breed dragons, collect tips, evolve etc only to find they never planted, sent, bred, collected, evolved.

I have been traveling. The game crashes at home, at work, in airports and in hotels. So it's not my server or device. I have also forced closed as well as deleted and reinstalled several times, to no avail. I also play restaurant, bakery, pool, mobsters and bingo and have had no problems with any of those games.

I am running IOS version 7.1 and playing Dragon Story version 1.9.4

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Have a nice day

DragonWished
06-25-14, 09:59 AM
Good luck, dancing!

TL closed my help ticket as "solved" and fixed nothing!

Same crashing incidents that you describe. I hope you get better results.

[S8] Elsa
06-25-14, 01:40 PM
Good luck, dancing!

TL closed my help ticket as "solved" and fixed nothing!

Same crashing incidents that you describe. I hope you get better results.

If your ticket status is solved, it means there was a reply. Be sure to check your spam folders for any responses you may have missed. If you still have trouble, please send me a PM. Thanks!

DragonWished
06-25-14, 03:16 PM
Elsa;923815']If your ticket status is solved, it means there was a reply. Be sure to check your spam folders for any responses you may have missed. If you still have trouble, please send me a PM. Thanks!

TL certainly has some unusual euphemisms. As a native English speaker, it would never occur to me to use "solved" if I meant "replied." Getting a reply is not the same thing as having an issue solved. And it that's just craziness to have a help ticket closed because someone pushed out a boilerplate paragraph or two.

I've opened another help ticket.

Nothing in my spam folder. PM on its way to you.

echo005
07-01-14, 02:25 AM
i'm still waiting for chalupa to post those important references from TL-unfortunately there were quite a few posts removed from this thread so it's not possible for ppl to read what was said previously

echo005
07-01-14, 10:34 AM
Trying to collect coins and its really laggy.plus I'm getting a message that DS is an online game.nothing wrong with my internet connection tho

echo005
07-10-14, 12:22 AM
It's crashed three times already-the first time by simply sending a map.i only play a few times a day now cos of the problems but for them to start so early in the day is bl00dy ridiculous

echo005
07-10-14, 11:42 AM
Didnt go back in till 2.30 this afternoon and I've tried on and off since then to TRY and re-arrange habitats but it is so laggy I've had enough.PLEASE somebody sort this game out

echo005
07-11-14, 12:53 PM
Only played briefly twice today and right now I'm getting ' dragon story is an online game'-not for the first time this week.internet connection is fine