PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea....

hannsoph
06-14-14, 05:46 PM
A great feature where players can sell their items from storage and buy items from other players. Would love to see this in CastleStory. Then I could spend my 5million coins on what I need! Love the gifts option, but could use items other than what is offered.

TinksThots
06-15-14, 08:26 AM
Mmm, yeah, turn the marketplace into something similar to the one in FS2? That's one of the only things keeping me from deleting FS2, actually, is the unique fun of the marketplace. Hmm...

It could start after the marketplace quests are finished. With the same type of limits on price ranges to prevent gouging, limits on what can and can't be bought and sold (nothing that can only be bought with gems, I can see that trainwreck from here), and maybe just three selling slots instead of 12, so it'll stay as a side feature instead of taking over the main stage.

It would add a lot more to the social aspect of the game, that's for sure. I don't know about other people, but this one is pretty solitary for me, by design it seems. Sometimes that's ideal, but not always.

It's a lot of programming, but I think it would be worth it in the long run. With just a few things thought out more thoroughly, yeah, this idea (credit to hannsoph!!) deserves more than just a passing glance, TL. At least let me know someone noticed this? :-)

forkyfork99
06-15-14, 06:19 PM
I would love to see a marketplace. If you want to start small, just limit it to crops to see how that goes. I think eventually we could add in building supplies.

I agree not to put gem items in.

maz3girl
06-16-14, 09:28 AM
The natural-born declutterer in me loves this idea!!!

55lee55
06-16-14, 08:20 PM
I like this idea as well! I would love to be able to sell the 107 hedge trimmers that are gathering dust in my inventory, lol!

doobievilla
06-16-14, 08:29 PM
Not sure if TL wants that headache right now.. with the issues with the multiple updates and the hangover of the Dragons.. IF it happens it will prolly be limited to items close to what is gifted.. and since I was not an early player even gifting changed over time.. so its pliable.

Queenzod
06-16-14, 09:56 PM
I like this idea as well! I would love to be able to sell the 107 hedge trimmers that are gathering dust in my inventory, lol!

I dunno. You might NEED those! Or, you may misplace 106 of them and then you'll only be able to find one! Better to keep them all! ;)

Actually, this brings up an issue with this idea. If someone needs them for a goal, if they can just go buy them from someone else, what are the goals for? What's the point of working through the goal? For example, there are people waiting on burning embers to make dragons. If they can just buy one, where's the thrill? Why not just buy your way through all the goals from the start? Wouldn't that sort if defeat part of the purpose of the game? I would think it would get boring very quickly.

Just my two cents. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-17-14, 06:21 AM
I like your 2 cents, QZ .... But don't some players do that already, with GEMS, and just speed past every goal to get to the finish line first or whatever? Lol

Queenzod
06-17-14, 07:04 AM
I like your 2 cents, QZ .... But don't some players do that already, with GEMS, and just speed past every goal to get to the finish line first or whatever? Lol

Yes, you're right. But that benefits TL, not other players. If you get me.

Ps. I am not a mod.

tanbi1
06-17-14, 07:40 AM
But it could benefit people that have unfinished stuff? Couldn't it?

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-17-14, 08:26 AM
Yes, you're right. But that benefits TL, not other players. If you get me.

Ps. I am not a mod.

My opinions are my own but yeah, I get you ... Even though that wasn't related to the issue you initially raised which is what I was responding to. lol.

I think a functioning market would be fun... I'm wondering how much I could fetch for a piece of mithril now lol

Queenzod
06-17-14, 08:34 AM
My opinions are my own but yeah, I get you ... Even though that wasn't related to the issue you initially raised which is what I was responding to. lol.

I think a functioning market would be fun... I'm wondering how much I could fetch for a piece of mithril now lol

Ooo! An auction house! People could bid for your mithril!

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-17-14, 08:42 AM
Ooo! An auction house! People could bid for your mithril!

Use your influence with TL & make that happen for us, k?
Pretty please? lol

Queenzod
06-17-14, 08:57 AM
Use your influence with TL & make that happen for us, k?
Pretty please? lol

I haven't wanted to share this before, but I own TL. Yes, all the problems you've been having with glimmerbits and burning embers and alicorn parts are my fault. Everyday, I have a private lottery and allot one person a special part.

*I* have the control! Mwahahaha! MWAHAHA!

oliverrr11
06-17-14, 12:19 PM
I haven't wanted to share this before, but I own TL. Yes, all the problems you've been having with glimmerbits and burning embers and alicorn parts are my fault. Everyday, I have a private lottery and allot one person a special part.

*I* have the control! Mwahahaha! MWAHAHA!

Mmm hmm. Like I mentioned in another thread. Kangas. Loose. Lots of 'em.

*I accept NO responsibity for my neighbor Queenzod's actions. She is only a neighbor and I don't really know her. All generic disclaimers apply here.

doobievilla
06-17-14, 01:38 PM
Mmm hmm. Like I mentioned in another thread. Kangas. Loose. Lots of 'em.

*I accept NO responsibity for my neighbor Queenzod's actions. She is only a neighbor and I don't really know her. All generic disclaimers apply here.

QZ can be everyones Benevolant Dictator )

Queenzod
06-17-14, 02:07 PM
QZ can be everyones Benevolant Dictator )

Thank you, Doobie. You may have a glimmerbit. Oliverrr, on the other hand....

Ps. I find it amusing that you are so laconic your smilies don't even have eyes!

Back on topic: what kinds of things should I allow to be sold in the auction house/market? Just the ordinary gifting stuff, or do we include special rare things as well? Who would sell a burning ember or an alicorn wing? Anybody?

doobievilla
06-17-14, 02:23 PM
Thank you, Doobie. You may have a glimmerbit. Oliverrr, on the other hand....

Ps. I find it amusing that you are so laconic your smilies don't even have eyes!

Back on topic: what kinds of things should I allow to be sold in the auction house/market? Just the ordinary gifting stuff, or do we include special rare things as well? Who would sell a burning ember or an alicorn wing? Anybody?

Highest bidder thing I think is DOA.. Market however a long shot should be crafted items I think.. something the seller had to at least spend time making. Greenhouse items. etc .. The Trade Market will have to be items that the seller has a very good reason to give up and not just because it's extra.