PDA

View Full Version : Constantly crashing

dianeseden
06-12-14, 11:59 AM
I up graded my phone just because I was tired of crashing. Now I crash about every 2 minutes. WHY? I like dragon story but if this keeps up I'm done. Also it will not let me purchase anything, I had no problems before. It's saving me money. So I guess I shouldn't complain about that one. Fix your bugs PLEASE

[S8] Elsa
06-16-14, 05:01 PM
Hi, Dianeseden. Sorry to hear about this! Can you send an email to support@teamlava.com and send me a PM with the ticket number? Please include what actions you're doing in the game when you notice the game crashes and what you see when you are attempting to purchase Gold.

JustKay
06-22-14, 10:14 PM
I'm getting crashing happening on my iOS game. I personally believe it's due to system performance limits. I recently updated my phone to the latest iOS version, but it's running on an older iPhone 4. I also have about 200 dragons most of them at epic level. I dread having to hatch more in case it makes the game entirely unplayable. The most obvious time crashes happens is when I release a dragon from the spa, I think it has something to do with the "camera" panning quickly across my entire island (and all the dragons) that is maxing out resource usage.

I also get crashes happening after collecting a lot of habitat coins and when working in the mines (sometimes losing bombs\dynamite). These crashes are not as often as with the healing spa.

ToshiNoMiya
06-28-14, 03:23 AM
I also noticed that the game crashes more recently, and I have had the same problem of losing bombs, dynamite or the items from those.

mamapuls
06-29-14, 06:18 AM
Mine is doing the same thing. Usually when I mining, putting dragons in the den, planting food or pretty much anything other than collecting coins. It crashed 4 times in 10 minutes this morning. I am using an iPad.

Amber498
06-29-14, 05:51 PM
Many, many of my neighbors say they crash while visiting my island, whether it's on IOS or android (well, android crashed 50 levels ago). I'm at level 150, have 6-7 upgraded habitats, and still have 4 expansions left to do. So my island isn't maxed, and I don't have a lot of decorations. Many of my dragons are not at epic either.

Socializing is a large component of the game, and it's a major bummer when long-time friends can no longer visit.

Maybe we can have an option to disable the Ice Age area if we want? That's when android started crashing. Adding the new expansions and mining is when IOS started crashing.

It's really just not fun to play when you can't chat with friends that you met a year and a half ago in the game. Hopefully TL can do something to fix the system resources that the game requires. Thanks.

sparkwalker
07-01-14, 05:35 PM
I am on iOS and crash all the time,. I have used Apple support at my cost and when emailed team lava support they just replied that I do not have enough memory which I had loads of. When I replied to TL reply they never responded. I changed to ios in April as kindle could not handle and wanted other features of the game. My research prior to going is showed need os of 5.0 I bought a friends iPad with 5.1.1 I crash doing just about anything and cannot visit most friends with large islands. Odd not all large isles and after 1am USA central time can visit most. NOW to download ds as a new game reccommend 6.0 may be problem we are all having Apple just got back with me said probably ram shortage Hope helps

[S8] Elsa
07-01-14, 05:54 PM
I am on iOS and crash all the time,. I have used Apple support at my cost and when emailed team lava support they just replied that I do not have enough memory which I had loads of. When I replied to TL reply they never responded. I changed to ios in April as kindle could not handle and wanted other features of the game. My research prior to going is showed need os of 5.0 I bought a friends iPad with 5.1.1 I crash doing just about anything and cannot visit most friends with large islands. Odd not all large isles and after 1am USA central time can visit most. NOW to download ds as a new game reccommend 6.0 may be problem we are all having Apple just got back with me said probably ram shortage Hope helps

A first generation iPad has 256MB of memory. As you level up and add more Dragons to your board or visit neighbors with large boards, you're loading more images and animations. The game will require more memory in order to support that information. For devices that don't have enough memory, they may experience out of memory errors or crashes in the game.

The resources on the device and the operating system are different. The OS required to play the game is 5.0+. It's possible to have the required operating system on a device with lower resources.

If your device is having trouble loading the images, you can try opening the game and leaving it open for a couple of minutes to load all of the images to see if this helps. If your device supports multi-tasking, you can also try closing down background apps to free up more memory.

pomxpom
07-18-14, 06:36 AM
I'm on iOs and the game crash like each minute for me now, often after finishing a battle or a mine and I lost everything I won.

Clark_Wayne
07-22-14, 08:18 PM
I believe the problem comes from how big is our island.
I had no problem until recently.
Now i cleared all lands, i'm close to habitats limit (89/94) got lots of dragons and i crash often (even without visiting neighbors)
Same thing when i'm visiting neighbors with big lands, never when visiting small lands.
The worse is losing dynamite or bomb when entering the mine (i e-mailed to support but they don't care of course)
For TL, problems always come from our devices, never from their apps or server.

mnstone
07-29-14, 09:08 AM
I do not believe this issue is a memory issue on the device. That might factor slightly but since the last TL update, it happens constantly! Both of my kids and I play all on iPhones, iPads and iPods. Crashes are consistent among all devices. I believe that there is a bug in the code that is mostly responsible for the crashes. TL needs to check the code and possibly allocate more RAM on the server side to handle more users.

[S8] Elsa
07-29-14, 10:10 AM
I do not believe this issue is a memory issue on the device. That might factor slightly but since the last TL update, it happens constantly! Both of my kids and I play all on iPhones, iPads and iPods. Crashes are consistent among all devices. I believe that there is a bug in the code that is mostly responsible for the crashes. TL needs to check the code and possibly allocate more RAM on the server side to handle more users.

If you're on an older device, like an iPhone 4/S or older Android device with lower memory stats, you can experience these issues once you've reached a full board with lots of animations and images to load. We recommend letting the game fully load before you start playing and make sure that background apps are closed to free up more resources.

Please note as per our Terms of Service (http://www.teamlava.com/terms/), players must be at least 13 years of age or older to play and if age 13-18, must have a guardian's permission to play.

A. Your Acceptance of the Terms of Use:
By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that (1) you are age 13 or older, (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Use, and (3) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Use.

FigmentValley
08-09-14, 02:11 PM
I am on an iPad 3, 64 memory. My game, too, is constantly crashing - beginning after the update to the latest iOS. During one of these crashes, a random tap of a blank screen apparently registered, "purchasing" food with 1000 gold - all my savings - that which I use in the arena. I now cannot play in the arena happily, I had several 100 thousand food previously - so did not need it.

This crashing, combined with the loss of every bit of gold I have been using so happily in the arena, may be the last straw.

I have a large game. But I have a large and new pad. Continuous crashes and subsequent gold loss is so frustrating - it damages the game play to such a degree that it is hardly worth playing.

FigmentValley
08-10-14, 12:58 PM
I did a little reading. It seems that, most likely, the crashing issue is not an exclusive to TL games - it is randomly spread across the board of apps, affecting a very large number of applications including games, work apps and readers. It is supposedly an aberration found in the latest IOS update - patch or fix as yet to be determined and released.

It is extraordinarily frustrating and annoying - but NOT in TL's control.

echo005
08-11-14, 01:54 AM
and what about those of us on android? i've never had a problem with any other TL or non TL games and it's gotten worse the last few days-so much so i only go in twice a day now and usually give up after trying to visit two neighbors.crash crash crash

echo005
08-20-14, 12:28 PM
This game is a bl00dy joke.i only go in twice a day now and cant even visit my daughter -lower level than me and not highly decorated (she is like me android)-without it crashing.crash crash crash just on my own island.even tho IOS users are complaining about it I'm sure a mod will put it down to my device

Anaboe
08-22-14, 04:14 PM
@Elsa: I have an iPad Mini with 512 mb memory, less than 1 year old. So it's not an "older device".
@FigmentValley: I didn't update my iOS to the latest patch, so it can't be that. Besides, DS is the only app that randomly closes on my device, all other apps (including other TL-apps) don't experience the same problem.

Furthermore: yesterday it didn't close that many times as today. I was hoping TL had fixed it.

So far it's just frustrating, but there will come a time that I've just defeated the last dragon in the last hours of a tournament - and the game crashes. Then I will be mad and very dissapointed. I do force-close the app before doing a battle, and immediately sync through going to the "neighbours-tab", so I'm taking every precaution possible, but I think one day, it won't be enough.

rogue75
08-23-14, 07:04 AM
Hi. I'm also on an iPad mini and my game crashes constantly. This is annoying enough, but I'm losing materials because of it. It's very frustrating. Is there nothing that can be done on TL's end?

Khaleesi3535
08-24-14, 05:19 PM
I joined this thread because I was hoping there may be a solution on here. Not so! Seems like I would be a voice in the wilderness if I tried complaining to TL. So many of my neighbours are at a similar level to me and I find it down-right impossible to visit them, and any neighbours at a low level can't visit me! This has been happening on a regular basis now for the last week....especially so since the world-event started. I used to enjoy playing this game but it really has become a chore & a bore. TL must be making a HUGE amount of money from their clients....the least they can do for us is to provide a decent service. ������ Not impressed!

Anaboe
08-26-14, 03:34 PM
Since a day or 2-3, my game stopped crashing: I can play as long as I want. Didn't change anything, so I guess TL must have done something to improve performance. Thanks TL!

echo005
08-27-14, 01:02 AM
I went in last night and for me the game was barely playable to even send gold so nothing happened at my end

echo005
08-29-14, 12:58 PM
Any android players out there been having major problems this week???

rosewaterlily
08-29-14, 03:02 PM
Why can't TL just give us the option of toggling animations off? I think that would solve a lot of crashing problems. I don't need my dragons to fly around or walk about. Currently I crash every couple of seconds and especially when hatching dragons, placing eggs, and taking dragons out of the evolution temple.

hummerdk
08-31-14, 10:16 PM
hi. my game chrashes all the time. i have to zoom in so it want lack do to latancy. i have a note 2.
my island is Hummerdk. and my name is Hummer. level 25. please help me

hummerdk
08-31-14, 10:16 PM
Any android players out there been having major problems this week???
yes. every 2 minuts it chrashes

echo005
09-03-14, 03:29 AM
Why can't TL just give us the option of toggling animations off? I think that would solve a lot of crashing problems. I don't need my dragons to fly around or walk about. Currently I crash every couple of seconds and especially when hatching dragons, placing eggs, and taking dragons out of the evolution temple.

the toggling is a brilliant idea-however nobody is gonna listen to you.......

echo005
09-03-14, 09:56 AM
I cut playing down to twice a day but now it's once a day and it's terrible-either crashing or taking forever to process-just deleting a message on the wall can take minutes.won't be playing much longer-I've already given up visiting all but one regular neighbour and I have to make a return visit to post as it always crashes WHEN I post.TL should be ashamed of themselves for many reasons including one for not listening to players