PDA

View Full Version : Glimmer shards and fragments - another drop rate theory

kudukuda
06-12-14, 10:05 AM
So, do you think the gate will drop more/ less fragments and shards if it has been clicked/hearted by a neighbour?
This could be generally asked about clicking hearts, though I have read that when a building gets clicked it just means more coins.
But since the fragments are so hard to come by... Maybe just maybe the heart clicking influences the drop rate of these....
Ir am I just rambling on and on?

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-12-14, 10:10 AM
I just thought clicking hearts gave that building extra coins &/or 2 XP instead of 1XP... but ya may be onto something ..In a rambling way lol

JayUK69
06-12-14, 12:11 PM
Don't think it does. Mine is almost always sparkling on collection and I'm lucky if I get anything but coins. I still think these drops are always tweaked to drop lower or not at all during quests which need them. Of course the official word is that it isn't tweaked, but it happens too many times to be a coincidence. The same for dark seeds from the garden, I've had 2 drop since these recent quests and yet was maxed out prior.

DrP4ever
06-13-14, 04:04 AM
Nope. The drops are just ridiculously low. Takes a day for the castle to be ready and it drops a few coins.

jaesha
06-20-14, 07:32 AM
We desperately need other resources for glimmer shards and fragments, or the gate and greselda's castle should drop more of them. It'll be Christmas if not New Years 2015 before I can complete Sister Sister and a little persuasion at this rate.

The Greenhouse quantities need to be increased. Because the resources are so scarce, more than 1 flower should drop and more than 3 dark seeds should drop when crafted.

This Send Belladonna trade IMHO is getting ridiculous and a pain to try to complete just to get one ink. Considering you have to craft so many plants with minimal resources, 2-3 inks should drop from the trade. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. It just makes me want to stop playing the game because some of the recent goals are no longer fun, it's not evening challenging, just annoying. No one wants to feel beat up and defeated in a game. Come on now. I'm not saying it has to easy, but it should be manageable and reasonable.

Stepping down off the box, but definitely stand by my comments.

tonyjosiah22
06-20-14, 03:59 PM
I wholeheartedly agree! Just made it to. Belladonna's inscriptions and I don't see how it's going to be any fun AT ALL. ��

zenobia42
06-20-14, 04:11 PM
Don't think it does. Mine is almost always sparkling on collection and I'm lucky if I get anything but coins. I still think these drops are always tweaked to drop lower or not at all during quests which need them. Of course the official word is that it isn't tweaked, but it happens too many times to be a coincidence. The same for dark seeds from the garden, I've had 2 drop since these recent quests and yet was maxed out prior.

It is clear enough to me that when you have a quest requiring you to hit certain monsters that the rate of them appearing plummets. And picks up to a high rate after you have completed it. So it stands to reason that in other aspects of the game this is the case as well.

doobievilla
06-20-14, 04:14 PM
It is clear enough to me that when you have a quest requiring you to hit certain monsters that the rate of them appearing plummets. And picks up to a high rate after you have completed it. So it stands to reason that in other aspects of the game this is the case as well.

Glimmergate has on many occasions said drop rates are never changed in regard to new Goals. What you are experiencing is that item so bad it changes the way you trust that use of Energy and its Result.

zenobia42
06-20-14, 04:37 PM
Glimmergate has on many occasions said drop rates are never changed in regard to new Goals. What you are experiencing is that item so bad it changes the way you trust that use of Energy and its Result.

I have actually written down the monster spawn rate during and not during open goals and compared them and they are significantly different. Perhaps my sample size of about 200 collections and the # of monsters they spawned is too small a sample size to say definitively, but I am a skeptic by nature - if someone in charge says something, I do not assume they are telling the 100% truth, not when how much of my money is spent is involved.

glimmergate
06-20-14, 04:54 PM
I have actually written down the monster spawn rate during and not during open goals and compared them and they are significantly different. Perhaps my sample size of about 200 collections and the # of monsters they spawned is too small a sample size to say definitively, but I am a skeptic by nature - if someone in charge says something, I do not assume they are telling the 100% truth, not when how much of my money is spent is involved.

Keep collecting data, it's your sample size that's off :)

zenobia42
06-20-14, 05:00 PM
Keep collecting data, it's your sample size that's off :)

Yes, about 200 is a rather small size. But I do not know how long it will be until I have a quest requiring monsters again. I also lost the numbers I tallied before so I'd have to start over if I do do it again. But I might if a relevant quest comes up. :)

roguebee
06-20-14, 07:23 PM
I did it when I needed to collect wool for a pair of goals. It was over several weeks and I never really saw a difference as time went on. I was collecting from 2 stables and 1 sheep every chance I got. I was averaging about 10 wool per day. I felt it was more of a sense that I needed that wool now and was disappointed when I did not get any on a particular collection. It's like any other resource in the game. When you don't need it, it slowly builds up until you are maxed out. Then all of a sudden you need every one you have plus more. And you can't get it fast enough.

magical222
09-21-14, 06:50 AM
We desperately need other resources for glimmer shards and fragments, or the gate and greselda's castle should drop more of them. It'll be Christmas if not New Years 2015 before I can complete Sister Sister and a little persuasion at this rate.

The Greenhouse quantities need to be increased. Because the resources are so scarce, more than 1 flower should drop and more than 3 dark seeds should drop when crafted.

This Send Belladonna trade IMHO is getting ridiculous and a pain to try to complete just to get one ink. Considering you have to craft so many plants with minimal resources, 2-3 inks should drop from the trade. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. It just makes me want to stop playing the game because some of the recent goals are no longer fun, it's not evening challenging, just annoying. No one wants to feel beat up and defeated in a game. Come on now. I'm not saying it has to easy, but it should be manageable and reasonable.

Stepping down off the box, but definitely stand by my comments.

I absolutely agree. In my game I managed to get 5 of the inscriptions in the sister sister goal but it's not showing any in the persuasion goal. Getting the shards, fragments and plants is WAY too hard. I've had almost no other goals but these for months because they are almost impossible to complete. I'm really hating them and am about to just quit because it's making the game so frustrating and boring. There should be more ways to obtain these than what they have in the game currently

meme1098
09-21-14, 07:19 AM
I absolutely agree. In my game I managed to get 5 of the inscriptions in the sister sister goal but it's not showing any in the persuasion goal. Getting the shards, fragments and plants is WAY too hard. I've had almost no other goals but these for months because they are almost impossible to complete. I'm really hating them and am about to just quit because it's making the game so frustrating and boring. There should be more ways to obtain these than what they have in the game currently

Again, while you're trying to complete the persuasion goal, do not give any inscriptions to sister, sister.
Persuasion goal: have
Sister, sister: give

Once you give to sister you no longer have them for persuasion.
Complete the persuasion goal first. Then after that goal disappears, you can give the inscriptions to sister, sister.

I do agree though that more sources of shards & fragments should be available.

kingdomvillee
09-21-14, 02:13 PM
Can someone confirm, is it only the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle and the Maze that drop Glimmer Shards and Glimmer Fragments?
I'm still working on the Sister Sister task, and now the new Fairy Task needs Shards or Fragments ( can't remember which one) to make ornamental hair slides :-/
Just checking I'm not forgetting somewhere else I can collect them from?
Thanks in Advance :-/ :-)

SpiritWind00
09-21-14, 02:15 PM
Can someone confirm, is it only the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle and the Maze that drop Glimmer Shards and Glimmer Fragments?
I'm still working on the Sister Sister task, and now the new Fairy Task needs Shards or Fragments ( can't remember which one) to make ornamental hair slides :-/
Just checking I'm not forgetting somewhere else I can collect them from?
Thanks in Advance :-/ :-)

Yes, they are the only current places.

NorthWoodsKingdom
09-21-14, 02:26 PM
Yes, they are the only current places.
....or you can buy a glimmer rock formation in the market for 35 gems (clears in 6 hits - also drops silver & jewels, I think).
OR if you're lucky, one of those rock formations will drop from an Envoy adventure to the Plume Hive.
(Maybe 10% drop rate? ...I've done over 30 plume hive adventures, maybe even 40 now and only crates I've gotten are 3 of those glimmer rock formations).

kingdomvillee
09-21-14, 02:33 PM
Ah, ok - thanks for letting me know :-( x
I wish there was a trade route at the exchange for glimmer shards/fragments !

ryusei745
09-24-14, 02:22 PM
this^ this so many times over. i would sacrifice mithril for glimmer bits. maybe make it 1-2 mithril+1-5magic fruit+something else rare that we dont use much of for multiple glimmer bits at the very least garanteed a few of both kinds.

Nimlandy
09-25-14, 11:58 PM
We really really need something else to drop shards and fragments! I'm really growing tired of having to keep plodding away at this even if there's newer, better, quests going on. And now I've to split the shards! I'm just so cross right now 😡