PDA

View Full Version : Breeding roost(50% off)

akanksha2001
06-12-14, 05:47 AM
Hey everyone! I was scrolling through my quest list and saw this new quest called Snuggle Time. Clicked on it and it said,
"It's spring, and the breeding den is always occupied! You should buy a Breeding Roost and get one whole week of extra snuggle space! Have one breeding roost. Obtain it from the market!" There was a link to the market which I clicked on but found no such thing... What is this exactly? Trying to attach pics!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13817&d=1402577214

igames4me
06-12-14, 05:49 AM
Oh wow can't wait
Second breeding den omg
But probably costs gold

Anaboe
06-12-14, 06:05 AM
:( No Breeding Roost for me... wondering how much gold I'm willing to pay for 1 week extra breeding den... I usually focus on 1 target, so that keeps those dragons occupied, but I guess I could do some more research and find other parents for that target.

cedkugedchgd
06-12-14, 07:36 AM
it will 100 percent cost gold xD don't even have any hopes.

Amaranta_Moony
06-12-14, 08:15 AM
Good morning TL, it's not spring anymore, half of the June is passed. :DD Your description for that Breeding Roost is wrong.
I guess, it will sells for gold for sure. That's sad

[S8] Elsa
06-12-14, 09:39 AM
Akanksha2001, which account are you seeing this on? I don't see it on your goal list.

@Amaranta_Moony, we're not quite ready to let go of baby flower blossoms just yet. We know you don't judge us, though. ;<

Amaranta_Moony
06-12-14, 10:21 AM
It costs 150 gold and, yes, it's need to refill after a week of usage. :ccc i'm so sad about that. I was hoping I can use this thing forever but no :(

Amaranta_Moony
06-12-14, 10:23 AM
Flower dragons are cute :33 Trough it's so hard to breed them all then the updates are so often.) I think in summer there are even more flowers.)

ginamarie510
06-12-14, 12:10 PM
I don't see on mine either?

freshfunin2008
06-12-14, 12:35 PM
It would be nice to have a 2nd den but not just for a week. Make it cost silver coins so we can spend the millions of coins we have no use for. thank you

PineapplePigeon
06-12-14, 02:31 PM
I don't have this either :( Man, I was really hoping for a second breeding den...
Well...I guess I should get a second nest before I get a second den :p

dedelennons
06-13-14, 07:28 AM
2nd breeding den for 7 days coSt 150 gold, what's the point, let us buy using coins and let it be permanent not 7 days

akanksha2001
06-13-14, 08:36 AM
Elsa;918356']Akanksha2001, which account are you seeing this on? I don't see it on your goal list.

@Amaranta_Moony, we're not quite ready to let go of baby flower blossoms just yet. We know you don't judge us, though. ;<
Hi Elsa, I saw it on this account. I'm level 100, playing on an iPad and my storm8 id is akanksha2001. The popup for the goal kept appearing every time I started the game. Now when I open my account, it starts with level 1... I guess you are looking into this. On my iPhone, I have another account but due to the login feature I am able to access my main account easily but now there is no such goal in my list...
Can I use the login feature to access my game now or should I wait till you are done looking into the matter? Thanks!

cquinn32
06-13-14, 12:48 PM
So is this thing for real, or....

[S8] Elsa
06-13-14, 01:01 PM
So is this thing for real, or....

Yep! It's real. It's in testing phase right now.

Akanksha2001 - Feel free to use the login feature. I checked and you have your account back now. Are you still seeing the goal?

akanksha2001
06-13-14, 07:26 PM
Elsa;919020']Yep! It's real. It's in testing phase right now.

Akanksha2001 - Feel free to use the login feature. I checked and you have your account back now. Are you still seeing the goal?
Nope, not there now. Thanks a lot of your support!
Just a suggestion: Whenever it is released, please PLEASE can you keep it to be bought for coins not gold? It doesn't matter if it has to be recharged in a week and bought with an enormous amount of coins. I would really appreciate it if you consider this suggestion. Thanks!

MakJulos
06-14-14, 02:27 AM
Nope, not there now. Thanks a lot of your support!
Just a suggestion: Whenever it is released, please PLEASE can you keep it to be bought for coins not gold? It doesn't matter if it has to be recharged in a week and bought with an enormous amount of coins. I would really appreciate it if you consider this suggestion. Thanks!

Hey hey, don't hold your breath waiting for a breeding den bought for coins - imagine if we all could breed twice as many dragons, we might spend a lot less gold on speeding den up (well, those who do that) and TL would lose out on that in the end. So, to still have as good profit a rechargeable second breeding den is solution - players can breed more and TL still sells gold....i think it might even increase profits since many who pay gold to recharge den will still continue speedbreeding, and now they'll have 2 dens to spend speedbreeding gold on! In the end all happy - players can breed more, TL makes more money!:)

chalupa2030
06-14-14, 03:40 AM
Hey hey, don't hold your breath waiting for a breeding den bought for coins - imagine if we all could breed twice as many dragons, we might spend a lot less gold on speeding den up (well, those who do that) and TL would lose out on that in the end. So, to still have as good profit a rechargeable second breeding den is solution - players can breed more and TL still sells gold....i think it might even increase profits since many who pay gold to recharge den will still continue speedbreeding, and now they'll have 2 dens to spend speedbreeding gold on! In the end all happy - players can breed more, TL makes more money!:)

Thank goodness we have you to explain how everything is:)

MakJulos
06-14-14, 05:48 AM
Thank goodness we have you to explain how everything is:)

ROFL what can i say, that's just how i am...lol ;)

jptheripper
06-14-14, 07:08 AM
So like the diamond temple. THis will be a tough decision. 7x24hours = 168 hours of extra breeding for 150 gold. Doesnt sound like that great a bargain to me, its just prepaying for speed breeding at a 10% discount

ginamarie510
06-14-14, 07:59 AM
Oh wow I don't think it's worth the gold for only 7 days , here is a picture of one of my neighbors that have it, I love the look but I don't think I will get it when it does come out. 13868

dangerb0y
06-14-14, 08:06 AM
Does it come with free boosted breeding?

jptheripper
06-14-14, 05:41 PM
ok, if it came with free boosted breeding, than yes it would be totally worth it

akanksha2001
06-14-14, 09:56 PM

You're right! I don't think there will be a second breeding den with coins... But we can hope, right? According to me, a second breeding den is certainly worth 150 gold... But not only for a week. I would gladly pay 150 gold for a permanent den, not one that stays for a week. I don't speed breed nor do I have a second nest so I can't see the need to buy a second den for a week. I'd rather save and buy a second nest that stays forever....

akanksha2001
06-14-14, 09:58 PM
Oh wow I don't think it's worth the gold for only 7 days , here is a picture of one of my neighbors that have it, I love the look but I don't think I will get it when it does come out. 13868
Has it been released already? None of my neighbours seem to have it... And I've checked my market thrice already!

kindredfire
06-14-14, 11:11 PM
:/ the complaints with this guy is the same reason I've hesitated with the diamond boost.
I would almost be will to compromise and pay the 150 each cycle if the breed boost was free ... Or even COINS. It just seems like not a very good deal . I would end up just having a pretty decoration :(

Amaranta_Moony
06-15-14, 02:35 AM
Would be cool if you buy it with 150 gold and after that you pay 10 gold per week. But 150 gold for one week only? No thank you!

Turpsichore
06-16-14, 05:18 PM
Has TL thought this one through at all? Rather than trying to screw every last drop out of those who regularly buy gold, wouldn't it make more sense to have this appeal to the majority of players?

I'm sure quite a lot of players will buy this for a week (and for a lasting decoration) but for 150 gold per week this 2nd den will really only be utilised by those who already speed-breed. I'm sure most of those have a set amount they spend per week/month and whether they spend it doubling their breeding chances with a second den, speeding up one den or a combination of the two, the total amount spent will remain the same.

Why not do the decent thing and double, even treble, the price and make it a permanent second breeding den?

knj00
06-17-14, 09:02 AM
Has TL thought this one through at all? Rather than trying to screw every last drop out of those who regularly buy gold, wouldn't it make more sense to have this appeal to the majority of players?

I'm sure quite a lot of players will buy this for a week (and for a lasting decoration) but for 150 gold per week this 2nd den will really only be utilised by those who already speed-breed. I'm sure most of those have a set amount they spend per week/month and whether they spend it doubling their breeding chances with a second den, speeding up one den or a combination of the two, the total amount spent will remain the same.

Why not do the decent thing and double, even treble, the price and make it a permanent second breeding den?

I agree with you completely!

cedkugedchgd
06-17-14, 09:08 AM
let TL do what they want. i mean, they obviously understood that they've done many things wrong and that they are known as money-goblins. they got what they deserve: much less players. the forum is really inactive and lots of my neighbours aren't playing anymore.

well done, TL xD

MakJulos
06-17-14, 11:10 AM
ok, if it came with free boosted breeding, than yes it would be totally worth it

The so called Boosted Breeding has for me only worked during two weekend events when it was free, and i was speeding den up then too....well, it has worked once during ordinary playing too (or maybe it was a coincidence) but the times it has given nothing but junk dragons is numerous - so, i cannot see that adding boosted breeding to this 2nd den would make it worth it at all, but i do envy you who apparently has had better results!

MakJulos
06-17-14, 11:22 AM
let TL do what they want. i mean, they obviously understood that they've done many things wrong and that they are known as money-goblins. they got what they deserve: much less players. the forum is really inactive and lots of my neighbours aren't playing anymore.

well done, TL xD

It's must be a fine line to walk, having a free to play game that still must bring profit AND stay popular to keep bringing home dollars...myself i think it gives too little for free sort of - i usually spend money ingame in whatever game i play because i feel like rewarding devs for being nice to me, but even if playing DS is quite ok without spending gold i constantly get feeling that TL will only be real nice to me if i do spend money...a lot of money...but i am grumpy ofc! :eek:

Sparkly888
06-17-14, 12:29 PM
It's must be a fine line to walk, having a free to play game that still must bring profit AND stay popular to keep bringing home dollars...:

Yep.
Programmers like to eat too.
I can be glad that TL is making money with DS. Because if they weren't they would stop hosting it and stop paying developers to create new content and new events. And we would all have these beautiful dragon islands that we have put so much time into(and money for some of us) that we could never even see any more. Much less play with.

Hey I like money too.
And I have a beautiful Treasure Island that is gone forever because it wasn't making money.
You can still play a great game without spending money. Lots do.
I choose to spend money on a game I like so that it will continue to be here for me to enjoy.

jptheripper
06-17-14, 04:57 PM

well done, TL xD

So far from obvious that its wrong. The game is thriving. If the game has lost appeal, look inward, instead of outward.

ginamarie510
06-21-14, 10:34 AM
Has anyone else been able to get this breeding den? Because I still don't have it? It's not fair that only a hands full of people can ge it and I thought it was only for 7 days but now knowing that you get to keep I would like to buy one.

passinthru8
06-21-14, 11:15 AM
Has anyone else been able to get this breeding den? Because I still don't have it? It's not fair that only a hands full of people can ge it and I thought it was only for 7 days but now knowing that you get to keep I would like to buy one.

I don't have the Breeding Roost available. There is a new update for DS from 6/19 which I did install. And still no 2nd breeding roost. I hope I get it!!

freesiawoods
06-21-14, 06:38 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind a few annoying ads on the game in place of dangerous gem traps and expensive gem items. Others may disagree.

TinksThots
06-22-14, 02:53 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind a few annoying ads on the game in place of dangerous gem traps and expensive gem items. Others may disagree.
Absolutely. When real money is involved, safeguards should be a given. If customers were automatically charged for anything they accidentally bumped into in a real store, there would be real legal consequences... UNLESS that store posted a tiny sign at the far end of the counter behind the bubblegum machine stating that to be their policy. That's what TL has essentially done here. As long as the paying customers outweigh the angry ones, they'll keep that policy, because that's bank, baby. And they clearly outweigh us by massive numbers, otherwise there'd have been changes by now. :-/

SaTy22
06-22-14, 03:40 AM
150 gold for 1 week extra breeding slot?
Let's calculate:
a week has 7*24 = 168 hours.
Instead of using a second den, I could speed up every breeding for gold and get the same result. So perfectly used, you could save 168 gold.
BUT, you need a perfect timing for this. You may not waste more than 2,3 hours a day to keep it profitable. And you don't know before, how long breeding will take, so it's hard to plan. Espacially at night.
So after all, I don't see any neccessity for this building at this price.

Make it about 100 gold and it would be useful.

ginamarie510
06-22-14, 07:15 AM
Thank you Pass, I guess we will jus have to wait and see. ��

dangerb0y
06-22-14, 09:43 AM
It's useful for players who speed breed, have 3 to 4 nests, and need to collect every dragon available before the dragon expires, and of course have lots of expendable gold

The second den would allow the caretaker to continue breeding without speeding up the long failure on the first den (33hr virtues or 44hr diamond/crusaders).

I honestly don't see much value in it. But for a high level collector it would increase their breeding chances and save some gold by NOT speeding through long failures (33hr virtues and 44hr diamonds come to mind).

[S8] Elsa
06-23-14, 11:04 AM

Similarly to other feature releases, we slowly roll them out to players and do testing phases to ensure it's the best it can be before we do a wide release. Thank you for understanding!

ginamarie510
06-23-14, 01:26 PM
Ahh ok and thank you for your reply, I was just curious and happy to know that we all will have this opportunity at some point.

JustKay
06-23-14, 05:40 PM
So like the diamond temple. THis will be a tough decision. 7x24hours = 168 hours of extra breeding for 150 gold. Doesnt sound like that great a bargain to me, its just prepaying for speed breeding at a 10% discount

Yeah, it's not really a great value proposition. I can't see myself getting this as it's obviously only useful for regular speed breeders. It's not like the diamond temple which is very useful for speed breeding, but also somewhat useful for everyone else. Or stable upgrades which you get to keep for good.

It sort of puzzles me a bit since they released gold giving dragons, which if you had all five of them would translate to 25 hours of free speeding up of breeding each day which is sort of equivalent to having a second nest. I think I got 4 of the 5 on sale for 600 each which equates to 2400 gold. The last one is 1800 gold so in total I paid 4200 gold for enough gold daily to simulate a second breeding den.

That said gold is useful for many things, so maybe it's not a great comparison. They also took away most of these dragons so maybe they realised it wasn't such a great idea.

Clark_Wayne
06-23-14, 06:04 PM
I don't blame TL trying to make money from their best game : they need to pay their staff.
Just sometimes, i found their choices somehow "uncommercial", making some players stop the game instead of keeping them in the game.

I play several dragons game and DS is still my favorite.
I just find there is too many dragons coming and i don't have enough time to breed them.
But i'm not going to buy the breeding roost because it is not worth it : 150 golds is really too expensive for 1 week, for me at least :eek:

maizee0404
06-29-14, 07:14 AM
I would love one if these please TL :)
I wouldnt mind spending for it either this is the only game i play :)

dangerb0y
06-30-14, 07:00 PM
I have to wonder how my level 23 daughter was selected. You can't unlock it till level 40.

caliscorp
06-30-14, 09:12 PM
I have it and it is only 100 gold for 7 days. I wish they would make available to all- almost daily I have someone asking me about it and I feel bad that I have no answer for them as to how to get one. I don't know anyone who has one. It just popped up for me when I opened the game and I think it was only 100 gold to purchase but I can't remember now.

I don't speed breed much so it's worth it in my mind to have 2 sets breeding at the same time. It might not seem sensible to all of you but I think it's worth it because I can leave it if I feel like it rather than timing it all and keeping my eye on the clock. If I don't want to use it, then I don't have to.

kittymur
07-02-14, 02:36 AM
Just wondering how come that all my accounts which r under 40 level, got breeding roost, but all accounts which r higher than 40 didnt.

chalupa2030
07-02-14, 06:08 AM
Elsa;919020']Yep! It's real. It's in testing phase right now.

Just wondering how come that all my accounts which r under 40 level, got breeding roost, but all accounts which r higher than 40 didnt.

It's in a testing phase. You guys have to actually read a thread to see what's going on:)

Sonflower77
07-27-14, 07:19 PM
I saw my first purple Breeding Den today & it is sooooo pretty! I would gladly sell my normal den, if I could use the purple one all the time. In my opinion, it's much more romantic than the normal den.

[S8] Elsa
07-28-14, 08:57 AM
The Breeding Roost behaves as a temporary second den. When you buy it, it gives you 7 days of breeding. After 7 days, it will expire and become decorative. You can recharge it for a Gold fee to reactivate it for the breeding feature.

This doesn't replace the original Breeding Den, but supplements it if you want that extra breeding ability.

ginamarie510
07-28-14, 01:01 PM
Elsa is it out for everyone now? Because I don't see it.

bluefoxcrystal
07-28-14, 01:06 PM
Hey! Elsa :0 You changed your avatar!! It's beautiful!!
Annd... I wonder if this breeding roost will be helpful for those limiteds :D

[S8] Elsa
07-28-14, 01:16 PM
It's not out for everyone yet. Still beta testing and tuning. :)

ginamarie510
07-28-14, 01:52 PM
Thank you ! Elsa for the update. :o

jptheripper
07-28-14, 05:03 PM
100 for 7 days is a little better, but still questionable on value. I would rather see it at like 200 with free boosted breed for 7 days :)

maizee0404
07-30-14, 01:11 PM
I hope this comes available to everyone soon :) i like the purple one

jptheripper
07-30-14, 01:25 PM
Elsa please consider adding free boosted breed to the roost. Otherwise it's just speed breeding that takes up space :(

VenomDragon1
10-21-14, 07:27 PM
Elsa;938455']It's not out for everyone yet. Still beta testing and tuning. :)

It has been months now, is this thing really still in beta??

I just started a new account since I got a second phone and the Breeding Roost is in my market to be unlocked when I reach level 40. So... my new account can get it but not my main? Doesn't seem right imo.:p

knj00
10-27-14, 06:18 AM
Anyone have this in the market (not repower price) for 100 gold?

Exeroth
11-03-14, 06:07 PM
Have there been any updates on this? Is it still in development or has it been canned?

PurpleScorpion76
01-24-15, 01:09 PM
I've just gone to get it saving my gold earned through the game and just noticed it's rechargeable at 150 gold a week. Pft.

Galadraal
02-17-15, 06:47 AM
I have a question, I have a pair breeding for 21 hours but only have five hours left before the den expires, will I still get my 21 hour dragon? Or, will it disappear?

mbyte68
02-17-15, 06:54 AM
I've just gone to get it saving my gold earned through the game and just noticed it's rechargeable at 150 gold a week. Pft.

mine only cost 100 to recharge but still think over level 100 players should get to buy another breeding den and maybe another farm still TBH if your reading TL plz make it happen

PernReloaded
02-17-15, 11:43 AM
I have a question, I have a pair breeding for 21 hours but only have five hours left before the den expires, will I still get my 21 hour dragon? Or, will it disappear?

Dragons do not disappear if the timer expires. If you have it breeding any time before the timer expires, you get that dragon. It doesn't matter if it's from a special den, if it's a limited time dragon, a mining/craftable dragon, whatever, you will get it.

U1timate
03-01-15, 11:40 PM
When is this going to come out for all players?

brandonu
03-31-15, 01:09 PM
A second breeding den available for 7 days. Cost is 100 gold.

Sure, why not?

FIREFLY62
03-31-15, 01:18 PM
Is there a trick to this? some kind of quest to finish first? I went to the market to buy the breeding roost and it says "Limit Reached" even though I haven't bought it yet. I am confused.

Mythdefied
03-31-15, 01:19 PM
...what? That's news to me. And I'd definitely take it if it shows up! LUK when/if you have more details!

debhutchinson
03-31-15, 01:20 PM
The Purple Breeding Roost just became available on my island today.. I did not buy it I was hoping to find more information on how it works first. I'm not sure if it will be more cost efficient than filling my 4 nests once per day.

Mythdefied
03-31-15, 01:21 PM
Aaaand the SECOND after I posted that above, I got this on the game:

IIRC, this is only good for one week, and then you have to pay more gold to get it to work again, otherwise it's just another decoration.

brandonu
03-31-15, 01:21 PM
Is there a trick to this? some kind of quest to finish first? I went to the market to buy the breeding roost and it says "Limit Reached" even though I haven't bought it yet. I am confused.

That is confusing. Do you have a Diamond Temple?

brandonu
03-31-15, 01:23 PM
I was hoping to find more information on how this Purple Breeding Roost works. I guess I will just have to wait.

I bought it and placed it. It works like a normal breeding den. In 17 hours I will have a Luck Dragon lol.

There is a check time button that tells you how much time is left on the Breeding Roost. Mine says 7 days.

yummiesgallor
03-31-15, 01:31 PM

I have the same issue. I'm figuring it's a bug or whatever. I'm sure they'll fix it soon or we'll get another task to unlock it. I doubt if I'll buy it anyway since it's 100 gold per week.

PrincessCouture2014
03-31-15, 01:38 PM
I m facing the same issue. Now 100 gold is very nice price but sadly coz of my stupidities I m left with 142 gold (had 600+). I can't buy either coz my mom won't let me.

LonePudding
03-31-15, 01:38 PM
Not going to get this because I rarely have over 100 gold.

absback
03-31-15, 01:41 PM
I have a question.....I got the prompt that the breeding roost is now available but when I went to the market to buy it, it says LIMIT REACHED. I'm using Android. Is this a glitch?

JenicaStorm
03-31-15, 01:48 PM
i have the same thing happen to me. i got the quest but it says ive reached the limit.

ratsinthecity
03-31-15, 01:51 PM
I have a new goal for the week to buy a breeding roost. I can't purchase it on Android it is blacked out and states limit reached, but I don't have it nor have I ever purchased it. Thanks in advance for your response.

OzFamily
03-31-15, 01:57 PM
We have limit reached on both accounts, too. Both droid devices. Not sure if we'd get it anyway, but would be nice if limit wasn't zero... ;)

Jrod333
03-31-15, 02:04 PM
A goal popped up for this and it's in my market but says limit reached. I don't even have it yet so there's an issue

random59
03-31-15, 02:12 PM
Is on my games this morning for 100 gold, so would say it is available to all!

[S8] Regina
03-31-15, 02:16 PM
I have a new goal for the week to buy a breeding roost. I can't purchase it on Android it is blacked out and states limit reached, but I don't have it nor have I ever purchased it. Thanks in advance for your response.

We'll take a look!

dragonspearls
03-31-15, 02:27 PM
I have the same issue. I'm figuring it's a bug or whatever. I'm sure they'll fix it soon or we'll get another task to unlock it. I doubt if I'll buy it anyway since it's 100 gold per week.

Same here. From reading through the other posts in this thread, it seems to be a common issue for us Android players. :confused: Maybe a glitch caused by tweaking iOs code for Android.

rodant
03-31-15, 02:30 PM
I got a new goal today to buy a breeding roost, but when I try to purchase the roost, it is grayed out and says Limit Reached. I've never purchased it. I'm playing on Android. Thanks for your assistance.

ratsinthecity
03-31-15, 02:35 PM
I got a new goal today to buy a breeding roost, but when I try to purchase the roost, it is grayed out and says Limit Reached. I've never purchased it. I'm playing on Android. Thanks for your assistance.

I just posted what you just posted 10 minutes earlier. TL is looking into it for us android users. At least it's not just me.

ndtrance
03-31-15, 02:49 PM
I'm like everyone else, got the goal but can't get the roost. Would actually like to have this. I think it would be helpful when we have multiple limited dragons especially for ones that are very different colors.

frenchmarketgirl
03-31-15, 02:49 PM
Same here. From reading through the other posts in this thread, it seems to be a common issue for us Android players. :confused: Maybe a glitch caused by tweaking iOs code for Android.

I'm Android too. It says limit reached on me too :(

droopy123love
03-31-15, 02:58 PM
I realy dont see the point of getting a 2nd den, it will end u up in using more gold in order to empty nest sooner, and then what..... with 1 den i run into shortage of place for new dragons..... a 2nd den will let me bounce my head even more frequently!

rogue149
03-31-15, 03:58 PM
A goal popped up for this and it's in my market but says limit reached. I don't even have it yet so there's an issue

Ditto. This happened to me today.

JeannesThinkin
03-31-15, 04:04 PM
300 gold for forever. Take it or leave it. Happy that this is a thing, but not feeling the weekly recharge price.

Lizzzzzzzzzie
03-31-15, 04:12 PM
Exact same problem. I sold a big red rocks habitat thinking that I had reached the space limit. So... nope. :-( Now, I'm missing a habitat, and no breeding den. Hoping Team Lava can help! :-D

Anaboe
03-31-15, 04:17 PM
I realy dont see the point of getting a 2nd den, it will end u up in using more gold in order to empty nest sooner, and then what..... with 1 den i run into shortage of place for new dragons..... a 2nd den will let me bounce my head even more frequently!

I have 3 nests and it has a few big advantages:
* I can always leave dragons that have a long hatching time on the nest: when a World Event starts, I get a headstart when I sell them or place them in habitats.
* in World Events, I get to make a lot more extra parts by buying coin-dragons like Water, Air, Light or Dyonisus.
* when I don't have a free habitat space, I can leave it on the nest untill the new habitat is finished.
* I never have to wait till a nest is empty befor starting to breed a next pair

And now it's even better, with the new breeding den :)

If you have a bit gold, a second nest is maybe the best buy there is in DS. And a third is a bit expensive, but I don't regret it either :)

ratsinthecity
03-31-15, 04:17 PM
Oh, it's fixed now, but the cost changed from 20,000 coins to 100 gold per 7 days. That makes it a no go for me. Oh well.

dragonspearls
03-31-15, 04:46 PM
* in World Events, I get to make a lot more extra parts by buying coin-dragons like Water, Air, Light or Dyonisus.

Hm, my trading post won't let me trade the basic 4 for parts. I tried. Wonder if that's not an option for Android users.

ndtrance
03-31-15, 05:11 PM
Hm, my trading post won't let me trade the basic 4 for parts. I tried. Wonder if that's not an option for Android users.

No that's not what they meant. In world events we get items for hatching eggs, like in the last event you got blossoms for hatching eggs. When you have extra nests then you have more eggs that can be placed and hatched and therefore more blossoms. I also have 3 nests and keep them full for world events. No one can trade water, air, or light. I also love my extra nests, I regret not getting them sooner.

meoconlunar
03-31-15, 05:25 PM
100 gold for Breeding roost just because I like its colour and It has just given me RAINBOW!!!!, my god, 2 years of waiting ....

Kennedward
03-31-15, 06:44 PM
I just got it for 100 gold

infinitelove19
03-31-15, 11:23 PM
100 gold PER WEEK. Apparently we have to recharge it every week. Not a good deal, imo. Maybe if you speed breed a lot, but not otherwise.

orleansparish
04-01-15, 02:30 AM
I just saw this on my second account. I have gold stocked up there do I bought it. 100 gold isn't horrible and we can buy two. However, they should have and could have charged us a flat rate to use forever, without needing to pay to recharge. That's low!

orleansparish
04-01-15, 02:32 AM
Amazing too. This thread has been here since last year and Im just now seeing it. Shows how bored Id gotten with dragon and the 50 dragons released every Week.

echo005
04-01-15, 03:51 AM
I dont understand it or how it works.does one have to use 100 gold every week if one wants to keep using it? And why is it purple? Of all the colours.yuk

ndtrance
04-01-15, 07:32 AM
I dont understand it or how it works.does one have to use 100 gold every week if one wants to keep using it? And why is it purple? Of all the colours.yuk

It takes 100 gold to activate it for 7 days. You can do regular breeding (coins) or boosted breeding (gold) like the normal den. Once the 7 days are up it's just a decoration. When you are ready to use it again, you pay another 100 gold. I spend a lot of gold speed breeding and will be less inclined to do so with a second den. I'll probably use it 1-2x a month at the most. If you don't use gold to speed up breeding or are suffering for space on your island, I wouldn't purchase it. But if you use a lot of gold speeding up or want to try for two different dragons at the same time, I think I should be considered.

I like the look of the den and honestly don't mind paying the 100 gold for it even if I only use it once a month.

debhutchinson
04-01-15, 08:13 AM
Thank you Brandonu. So the only advantage here is that we have a second breeding den (on a rental basis). So to fill my 4 nests in the morning, I would spend half the gold for 7 days. I'd rather pay 500 gold and own the Purple Breeding Den. On the other hand, I don't have any land to put it on anyway.

Anaboe
04-01-15, 03:06 PM
I bought it and am now trying for misschien with Magic and Air, and Genie and Rapunzel.

I have strict policy about spending gold, when the Diamond Temple is on sale for 100, I activiteiten it too. I always buy dragons on sale for 200, I incidentally speed a breeding for a few hours when the alternative is letting the time go to waste most of the night, and the rest I spent on ulti's during tournaments.

So this fits perfectly, I just hope it pays out :)

zyfazix
04-01-15, 03:55 PM
I bought it and am now trying for misschien with Magic and Air, and Genie and Rapunzel.

I have strict policy about spending gold, when the Diamond Temple is on sale for 100, I activiteiten it too. I always buy dragons on sale for 200, I incidentally speed a breeding for a few hours when the alternative is letting the time go to waste most of the night, and the rest I spent on ulti's during tournaments.

So this fits perfectly, I just hope it pays out :)

It's funny to see the Dutch autocorrect in your post :P

On-topic: I don't really feel the need to buy the breeding roost, there are enough dragons to train as it is and that amount doesn't need to be doubled

Kennedward
04-01-15, 06:48 PM
100 gold PER WEEK. Apparently we have to recharge it every week. Not a good deal, imo. Maybe if you speed breed a lot, but not otherwise.

Yeah, I probably won't recharge it after a week

Jasmerz
04-02-15, 12:06 AM
So can this go into storage once the 7 days are up? Or can it only stay as a decoration if you don't want to recharge it?

Annica5
04-02-15, 03:11 AM
I bet you can't store it. Like the diamond boost temple, just a decoration that takes up space.

newzealander
04-02-15, 08:47 AM
Can someone explain what happens if there is a pair breeding on the den when the 7 days are up? Do we lose that breed? Do the pair just return to their homes? Or does that breed finish?

cquinn32
04-02-15, 08:54 AM
Does this thing work in conjunction with the diamond temple if both are active?

rusticjess
04-02-15, 10:40 AM
I was gonna buy it but then I see this only last 7 day thing. fo'get that

kooky panda
04-02-15, 12:15 PM
So can this go into storage once the 7 days are up? Or can it only stay as a decoration if you don't want to recharge it?

Since this item functions like a Breeding Den, it can not be stored.

Can someone explain what happens if there is a pair breeding on the den when the 7 days are up? Do we lose that breed? Do the pair just return to their homes? Or does that breed finish?
If there's Dragons on the Breeding Roost when your time is up, the breeding will complete normally. However, you will not be able to start another breed since the item is not activated.

Does this thing work in conjunction with the diamond temple if both are active?
It functions as a Breeding Den so the Diamond Temple boost will apply to your breeds.

cquinn32
04-02-15, 12:59 PM
Thanks kooky!!

Anaboe
04-02-15, 04:00 PM
It's funny to see the Dutch autocorrect in your post :P

Lol, you're absolutely right :)

I try to be carefull, and try to write as good English as I can, but sometimes, something is overseen. "Misschien" should have been "Mischief".

@Kookie Panda: is it possible to sell it, and buy it again? And is that possible for the Diamond Temple and the buildings that increase the coins your habitats can hold? I'd rather sell them and re-buy them, than keep them as useless decoration ion my Island. If I recal correctie, I already did this with the Diamond Temple, when reactivating it wasn't for the sale-price, and re-buying it was.

kooky panda
04-02-15, 05:26 PM
Lol, you're absolutely right :)

I try to be carefull, and try to write as good English as I can, but sometimes, something is overseen. "Misschien" should have been "Mischief".

@Kookie Panda: is it possible to sell it, and buy it again? And is that possible for the Diamond Temple and the buildings that increase the coins your habitats can hold? I'd rather sell them and re-buy them, than keep them as useless decoration ion my Island. If I recal correctie, I already did this with the Diamond Temple, when reactivating it wasn't for the sale-price, and re-buying it was.
The buildings that increase coins, you can sell . Once you sell they show back up in you market to buy again.
Also you can sell the Diamond
Temple (7800 coins) then is shows back up in the market for 300 gold.

The Breeding Roost can't be stored or sold.

It functions the same as a regular Breeding Den with the exception that it's a premium feature and you'll need to recharge it to continue using it. :)

Anaboe
04-03-15, 03:43 AM
Thanks for your answer, Kookie :)

Bit dissapointed tho, but ah, well, I'll just stow it away somewhere on the outer limits of my island :)

Was hoping it would be something like a door in Restaurant or Bakery story: you need to have one, but can store/sell the second one.

Up till now I'm pretty Dussapointed in the breeding roost: Mischief is available only a few hours left and I've been trying for days now, with both breeding dens. Got nothing but genies, and 2 Royals... Even speed-breed a few times...
I bought the breeding roost especially to get twice as much chance on Mischief, but I didn't realise that if I don't get it, it will only be an everlasting reminders of this failure.

Finduilasspira
04-03-15, 06:21 AM
I got this game last week and after getting this breeding temple I was very happy... have a second it'll be fantastic. I tipped storage and got there the message, that I'm at maximum with the one I have... super joke!!!

Kennedward
04-04-15, 07:16 AM
I doubled my breeding with this, but too bad I got nothing good out of it

Anaboe
04-06-15, 06:31 PM
For me, it has gotten me nothing new so far. Yesterday I bred a March Mayhem on my normal breeding den (ugly dragon, but as a collecter, I want all,dragons), but the new roost has gives me nothing so far, but the same goes for both times I activistes the Diamond Temple. Still got 18 hours to go... Hope it will give me something nice :)

maizee0404
04-07-15, 06:09 AM
Iv 8hrs left on mine but currently have a diamond cooking will i still get my dragon when the time expires?

LonePudding
04-07-15, 06:14 AM
Iv 8hrs left on mine but currently have a diamond cooking will i still get my dragon when the time expires?

Yes, anything already cooking gets to finish normally, congrats on your diamond!

maizee0404
04-07-15, 07:29 AM
Yes, anything already cooking gets to finish normally, congrats on your diamond!

Thanks lone :) its either crusader or gold i have them but cant grumble on another haha

Kennedward
04-07-15, 09:46 AM
For me, it has gotten me nothing new so far. Yesterday I bred a March Mayhem on my normal breeding den (ugly dragon, but as a collecter, I want all,dragons), but the new roost has gives me nothing so far, but the same goes for both times I activistes the Diamond Temple. Still got 18 hours to go... Hope it will give me something nice :)

Same for me, I managed to breed more but got nothing new

vshephard96
04-12-15, 10:52 AM
Can anyone share there thoughts.. Is the breeding roost worth buying?

vshephard96
04-13-15, 07:09 AM
Anyone?

rusticjess
04-13-15, 07:39 AM
From what I've heard, no its not really worth it. Because it requires the price again to recharge it after a week of use, which likely won't yield much more than more fail breeds.

vshephard96
04-13-15, 07:42 AM
From what I've heard, no its not really worth it. Because it requires the price again to recharge it after a week of use, which likely won't yield much more than more fail breeds.

Cool thank you so much for answering my question. :)

Natasha_07
04-14-15, 02:16 PM
If they made the roost available for 3 months, players would go nuts buying & recharging! :)

zyfazix
04-15-15, 01:39 AM
If they made the roost available for 3 months, players would go nuts buying & recharging! :)

That would probably happen if it was one month

meoconlunar
05-13-15, 09:23 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81500-Problem-with-boost-breeding-100-gold-to-use-but-only-can-breed-one-time!

I means Breeding roost
I and one of my neighbour reactived Breeding roost with 100 gold but just used some hours (one time of breeding) and it suddenly said we had to reactive it again
We are not fools that dont know what is meaning of 7 days breeding! I means some hours not after 7 days, we know breeding roost is not forever active.

Mail sent, no gold sent back

To everyone, BE CAREFUL WITH BREEDING ROOST!

freshfunin2008
05-13-15, 10:54 AM
Sounds like it is really a roost!!

Kennedward
05-26-15, 06:38 AM
Sounds like it is really a roost!!

Certainly was, now it's just a useless decor that I cannot sell or put in storage on my isle:mad:

freshfunin2008
05-26-15, 07:46 AM
Oh no.... another major fail for TL

rghooper81
06-27-15, 10:57 PM
I have quests that say to breed 3 different color dragons. How do i do that?

farmday0123
09-08-15, 11:56 AM
Wish breeding roost for ever no expired, if it more expansive thousand golds i will buy it without expired

lorentw
11-03-15, 08:49 AM
Well I fell for it and tried it, thinking I would sell it, NO you are stuck with a useless space waste when your done, no wonder I quit this game for several months

SHINeeFan23
11-20-15, 02:52 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81500-Problem-with-boost-breeding-100-gold-to-use-but-only-can-breed-one-time!

I means Breeding roost
I and one of my neighbour reactived Breeding roost with 100 gold but just used some hours (one time of breeding) and it suddenly said we had to reactive it again
We are not fools that dont know what is meaning of 7 days breeding! I means some hours not after 7 days, we know breeding roost is not forever active.

Mail sent, no gold sent back

To everyone, BE CAREFUL WITH BREEDING ROOST!

I just read this after spending 100 gold to charge it up. I have a 12 hr breeding now. Hopefully the problem has been resolved?

tonya327
01-11-16, 08:25 AM
Are we ever going to be able to store it or sell it? It's taking up precious space and its not worth the gold to keep recharging

kooky panda
06-06-16, 05:28 PM
Breeding Roost is currently on sale ! 50% off.

50 Gold for 7 days.

No1Yaya
06-06-16, 05:48 PM
If someone already has the breeding roost, does the same sale of 50 gold apply?

[S8] Elsa
06-06-16, 06:03 PM
If someone already has the breeding roost, does the same sale of 50 gold apply?

Yup!